MALAYSIAN AIRLINE SYSTEM BHD

KLSE (MYR): MAS (3786)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

37 people like this.

15,107 comment(s). Last comment by wallstreetrookie 2020-04-18 11:57

cyclist

158 posts

Posted by cyclist > 2012-06-22 10:30 | Report Abuse

haha, can you imagin MAS filing chapter 11

Posted by thunder_storm > 2012-06-22 10:52 | Report Abuse

what is chapter 11?
Just keen to know although this is rubbish stock.

carries

117 posts

Posted by carries > 2012-06-22 11:13 | Report Abuse

Chapter 11 as in USA Bankruptcy Law?
Go to Court to get Bankruptcy Protection against creditors i think ....

Hustle

3,615 posts

Posted by Hustle > 2012-06-22 16:38 | Report Abuse

Do you ever heard of solar plane? No fuel also can fly since the concrete is strong.Warren Buffet always like this type of portfolio in his mutual fund.

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-06-24 22:27 | Report Abuse

When will it ever flyyy...

angkor

451 posts

Posted by angkor > 2012-07-02 16:54 | Report Abuse

ohh MAS... A380 oredi landed at london also not moving...

Posted by William Wong > 2012-07-05 21:22 | Report Abuse

Hello! hv u all got gd harvest? is time to collect at 1.08 n below, when sudden up about 10% to 15%, if u feel satisfy sell slowly loh,gd news coming soon to this theater lah.hahaha...BEST OF LUCK for those follow me n follow me ya!

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-07-05 22:02 | Report Abuse

What Good News,Can Share Them Here? William Wong.Anxious!!

Posted by marcuswoon > 2012-07-06 09:39 | Report Abuse

MAS is moving lol

Posted by William Wong > 2012-07-07 19:00 | Report Abuse

Hai!MR STARWOOD,sorry so late to give u reply,bcause my SIFU is once of the "JAWS GROUP" director lol.When he told me about this gd news,i also dare not share to u all bcause hvn't confirmed.Now it start moving up,he told me again:William ! dont be too greedy,60% full is more than enough.So nx wk if up another 5%,i will sell the 120 lots slowly lol.Wishing u all hv great harvest too,BEST OF LUCK to every one yah.hahaha....

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-07-07 23:24 | Report Abuse

Will It Be more Profitable Keeping Another 3 Months?? Pls Advice William Wong.

Posted by William Wong > 2012-07-08 14:41 | Report Abuse

hahaha!keeping for few months is not my FORMULA lol,usually hold for few days then i start to sell.I seldom touch or buy without any gd news.Sometimes i bought once the market open,and sell with some gain for the intraday trading.If can keep for few months, i wont buy this kind of share lol.Remember thers is a short term n long term shares for us to PLAY,must be satisfy with what u gain yah.hahaha....

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-07-08 20:44 | Report Abuse

Good FORMULA William Wong. Do post any good news from yr side so we can compare and analyze together. Don't worry much about the blame-game in here, in the end they can't sue you as refer to i3investor.com T&C. Trade at your own risk says it all. Thanks in advance.

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-07-08 22:06 | Report Abuse

Mas Will Not End These Way...All The Bad News R Reflect In The Price Ord.Isnt It Time To Collect Some Before It Goreng Up Again!! Only God Knows!!Lol

buybuybuy

695 posts

Posted by buybuybuy > 2012-07-10 08:07 | Report Abuse

Don't believe mas will turn around. They have too many staff to feed and poor management that is y this company keep losing money.

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-07-10 16:21 | Report Abuse

buyler..see if they can make profit with A380..

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-07-16 23:45 | Report Abuse

When will it ever goes up again??? ^^Still Holding....^^

talk2pkc

2,300 posts

Posted by talk2pkc > 2012-07-17 00:02 | Report Abuse

NOT until we hear fr the new management how they address last year performance to the extend that AirAsisa too full advantage , etc etc

angkor

451 posts

Posted by angkor > 2012-07-24 17:19 | Report Abuse

another bad news for MAS... AA opting out this time due to their ego attitude

bigyellow

254 posts

Posted by bigyellow > 2012-07-24 21:46 | Report Abuse

soon drop to 1.0

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-14 17:08 | Report Abuse

will go down tomm, just announced loss 1H12 of 500+ mn

useless management! Should allow Singapore Airlines to take over and just keep royalty! Not tie-up with AirAsia

Posted by staphyloccocus > 2012-08-14 17:09 | Report Abuse

expected...haha...
Change government then the management just can change..if not, it's same also...politic too much inside..

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-14 17:12 | Report Abuse

1Malaysia:1MAS, RM1/share, offer.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-14 17:15 | Report Abuse

thats the problem, only 1 brain to share among the lot! cut the darn overbloated workforce la. out of 7 person, only 1 works! ticketing also have two sometimes three persons manning one counter!

and limit unpopular routes to one flight every fortnight! Who's gonna fly to certain places everyday with budget airlines now available?

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-14 18:30 | Report Abuse

The management cannot do anything le, at MAS, the worker union got final say le , not managements or investors. The worker union most famous "ultimate move" - sending the memorandum to voice unhappiness to PM Dept..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-14 18:36 | Report Abuse

then tie their bonus to performance of the company la. so many avenues to go about it.

i got a better idea, get jack welch to do it! Neutron style! sure works!

pure

11 posts

Posted by pure > 2012-08-14 23:03 | Report Abuse

MAS management - mana ada sistem management and MAS employees - matikan apa-apa sistem. That's why our airline suffer....

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-17 13:05 | Report Abuse

MAS sudah MASak. Will be fully ripe soon.

Posted by marcuswoon > 2012-08-17 15:44 | Report Abuse

masak means? o.o

kkbee

70 posts

Posted by kkbee > 2012-08-30 20:57 | Report Abuse

some people give me buy call on MAS today, reason being

technically there is signal showing the down trend is ending soon and going for reversal

fundamentally good news is latest q report shows losses had been reduced (sounds like making losses is norm and making less loss is good job), and by 2014 will conpirm make money.

Just to bring up here for discussion and hoping to get advises from sifus!

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-08-30 22:29 | Report Abuse

When will it rebound...kkbee??

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-30 23:01 | Report Abuse

I bought it last June despite reports of its losses and discouraging comments by most analysts and some of the people here. Had felt it had gone down a lot already and there should be some sort of a rebound.

Then it reported another loss. But it was significantly smaller than the previous quarter. The price slide appeared to be checked and the volume was very good. That's why I went in at 1.06, planning to pick up and wait because I feel it might go back to above 1.20 in 3 months or so. It closed at 1.08 that day, which was very encouraging because I already broke even. The next day it went up - rather than pick up, I felt an 11 sen gain in one day should be good enough and I sold it at 1.17 (it went up a bit more. but that's okay with me).

What kkbee says might be contrary to `common sense' and many might quote the analysts' reports (some of the TP are below 1.00) to stay away. I'm not saying MAS will go up (or down for that matter), but the fact is that we don't know how it will go in the near future, as seen in its performance in June. However, if one is thinking of buying, maybe it's better to wait for the volume to pick up first. And if the technical readings look positive, then there could be a chance.

kkbee

70 posts

Posted by kkbee > 2012-08-30 23:04 | Report Abuse

I wish i have the answer too...looking for more opinions here.

cyclist

158 posts

Posted by cyclist > 2012-08-31 10:18 | Report Abuse

Lost money is still a loser, share price will still drop. Instead of stuck your hard earn money in this hole, look for a profit making company meantime. Suggest only until you see a good result from MAS then invest, better be safe than sorry.

kkbee

70 posts

Posted by kkbee > 2012-09-01 20:15 | Report Abuse

agree to cyclist on the money losing part. it's a company in ICU state in term of financial, operational efficiency, corporate culture and morale. Need special rescue operation from someone.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-09-01 22:40 | Report Abuse

This is the conventional wisdom: "MAS has been losing money with the immediate future being bleak. Without profits, it can't pay dividends which makes it even more unattractive." *Investors* definitely won't buy this counter because there are many other much better companies on BSKL.

But I'm thinking about the higher-risk *speculating* which is more art than the science of economics. MAS vs AirAsia - which one is a better investment? This is a no brainer because the one that is turning in profits is certainly the choice.

But as one moves to "Return on Investment", that is how much one might possibly get over one or two years (or whatever time period) in terms of dividends and capital appreciation. With MAS, I doubt one will get even a single sen in dividend this year. Nor in 2013, and most likely not in 2014 too. Whatever profits they might make will go into paying down its massive debts and as operating expenditure.

So, the only attraction to buy MAS is the possibility of its shares going up. It doesn't look like this is going to happen in the immediate future. But what about a bit later? Although conventional wisdom seems to point more towards it sliding down further (to less than par 1.00 - possible since its NTA is only 32 sen), speculators are also aware that the price going UP is not an impossibility.

"But how and why would the price go up if things are like this for MAS??" Well, as we have seen in the market so often, companies that make LOSSES or just tiny profits have rallied and gone up! Why is that? Because people buy and chase up its price - some news, events or even unconfirmed rumours are enough to turn losers into shooting stars. Cybert, GPRO etc. among recent examples. Is there absolutely no possibility that *something* might come up about MAS that would start this upswing? Remember, this is a company which the government (regardless of BN or Pakatan Rakyat) will NEVER allow to go down the drain.

Percentage-wise when it comes to capital return on investment: MAS at its current 1.05 - let's ignore the sentiments about it right now but just try to imagine... Can anyone really say it is "totally impossible" for MAS to ever be at 1.40? Its 52-week high is 1.74 so who is to say it can't ever get there again? In this situation, the return on capital will be 33%.

AirAsia is now at 3.45 - to get a similar return, the price will have to go to 4.58. Again, this is not impossible. At the same time, it is also possible it might go lower than 3.00 (with the investor/speculator losing 13% should that happen).

Now, I'm not trying to irritate AirAsia investors or to promote MAS here:-) I don't have any shares in either and will likely not in the near future. What I'm doing here is to just try and contribute to the questions asked and the comments here. After all, it's stimulating to talk about ways on how to make some money from the stockmarket, regardless of whatever the counter is.

ramunia

1,123 posts

Posted by ramunia > 2012-09-01 23:05 | Report Abuse

Mas is loss making company,but someone is collecting the shares now,,anytime within 3 months time, we will see Mas price will go up..believe or not?

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-09-01 23:17 | Report Abuse

I wouldn't be surprised. It was the same with Ramunia/TH Heavy, no?:-) People had shunned it when it was at 0.40 and in less than 2 months, it is at 0.60. A very handsome capital gain indeed for such a short duration. With MAS, all it needs is some positive development - regardless of the big losses, it will be the impetus to push the price up.

It's gloomy right now but do keep an eye on its movements and volume and then decide whether the 3:1 Reward-Risk ration justifies jumping in. There might be a chance to make some quick money when that happens.

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-02 06:55 | Report Abuse

flew with mas to penang and bintulu recently, mas change the food tray they serve to paper based like you find in far east food joint. so there is cost redction effort..also flight crew are not staying overnight at hotels on domestic leg for short haul..another cost reduction...i stilll prefer to travel with mas first...then firefly, then airasia for domestic leg...firefly has better looking flight stewerdess if i do say so myself.

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-02 07:03 | Report Abuse

but mas has better connectivity and frequency of flights..anyway ..betul..mas is a national carrier..the value is pride and limited risks of going bankrupt...cos as long as petronas money is around..big brother will always help out a family member.

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-02 07:04 | Report Abuse

AIR asia..always delay..but cheap..i give you that

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-02 07:09 | Report Abuse

firefly operate from subang..good location for klang valley folks to use as a city airport ease of connectivity..need an lrt station to beef it up..firefly shud be spinoff and listed to compete head on with air asia

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-09-02 13:21 | Report Abuse

I'm now staying in Kota Damansara and it's really great when sending or picking up someone at Subang instead of Sepang. But Firefly can't quite compete with AirAsia when it comes to low-cost. For one thing, MAS doesn't have enough planes for this category. Then there's the cost - if it's just slightly more than AA's fare, I'd much prefer Firefly. Subang is the attraction for me.

MAS will have to undergo serious restructuring to get out of this mess. JAL has shown the way. But this will have to wait until after the General Elections because the unions and various parties will use whatever plans as an issue to promote discontent.

pirate99

822 posts

Posted by pirate99 > 2012-09-02 14:34 | Report Abuse

Portfolio bagus ni.. Can be put under favourite to monitor its movement.. ;)

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-03 21:20 | Report Abuse

now flying to penang again today...guess which airline m taking...MAS

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-03 21:22 | Report Abuse

hati mahu beli tetapi my brain said no...why..the damn high jet fuel price and volatility..tht is why.

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-04 20:26 | Report Abuse

took the flight to penang..it was half full..but the stewerdess are prettier on this flight..no wide body spotted

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-04 20:30 | Report Abuse

syamiza and soffia..dayuuumm..i swear..the stewerdess uniform really fit well on them..they make the job look good

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-09-05 12:30 | Report Abuse

This isn't a "Buy" signal, of course. But notice how the price is stable when most other counters are going down today? I think that says something, i.e. it has probably corrected enough. As long as it stays above 1.00, then the later investors won't get burnt. For the moment at least it's `better' than JCY - the government won't bail out JCY or whatever but it most certainly will do something about MAS:-)

kong73

2,058 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-09-05 21:44 | Report Abuse

took the flight frm penang to kl today on mh1161..flight stewerdess silpenny serving my seating section...dayyuummm she is one nice indian girl..or cindian...i serve with a big nice smile..she is big in the right place too...hehe.. not to narrow or wide bodied. I dun see a lot of nice good looking cindian nowadays.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz