CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.01 (1.34%)

Day's Change

0.725 - 0.735

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,778 comment(s). Last comment by Pandu1 11 hours ago

CITADEL

1,867 posts

Posted by CITADEL > 2020-04-13 09:17 | Report Abuse

bye bye flying down!!!

BlackWhite

1,053 posts

Posted by BlackWhite > 2020-04-13 09:32 | Report Abuse

Waiting for 30cents

BlackWhite

1,053 posts

Posted by BlackWhite > 2020-04-13 09:33 | Report Abuse

30cents not unreasonable as they hedge oil at high prices

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-13 09:54 | Report Abuse

Price will not go below 0.7 cents today and people will realize that and start buying to push the price up. Once any good news comes more people will jump in.

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-13 10:21 | Report Abuse

Ew who still want to hold this rubbish stock. Every major airlines in the US has always at one point declare bankruptcy, let alone this poorly managed AA. Silver lining: they always come back stronger but pre-bankrupt shareholders always lose out more value. EWW RUNN

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-13 10:23 | Report Abuse

ARMADA is another stock to look at if you guys are interested for short term trading

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-13 10:25 | Report Abuse

bought at 0.17 target 0.25 cut loss 0.15

Posted by Smallretailer > 2020-04-13 10:57 | Report Abuse

If the owners appreciate the company they wouldve pumped in their billions dividend payout recently rather than asking people to accept credit and shorting staff. Joke really

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-13 11:05 | Report Abuse

@bullrun2021 For long term yes it looks bad and nobody knows where it will go. But telling everyone to sell so you buy at a lower price is just selfish. Why would you be here if you are not interested in buying the stock?? You must have lost a lot of money to bring others down with you. Trade following your own analysis and not ruin it for others. Winning and losing is normal as long as you win more than you lose that's good enough.

Investor48

1,330 posts

Posted by Investor48 > 2020-04-13 11:10 | Report Abuse

If no vaccine for covid 19..
The whole airlines industry costs would increase drastically..
Oil might be cheaper but with social distancing capacity only half..
Preventive measures costs and fear of travelling..
No more..everyone can fly..only the rich or out of necessity can fly..
It'll hit low cost airlines the hardest..

Hehe...

shpg22

2,984 posts

Posted by shpg22 > 2020-04-13 11:12 | Report Abuse

It is expected to take airline min 5 years to recover back to its 2019 peak.

IronShirt

3,178 posts

Posted by IronShirt > 2020-04-13 12:31 | Report Abuse

lastest, China quarantine visitors to 28days entering China. AA can forget flying to China.

IronShirt

3,178 posts

Posted by IronShirt > 2020-04-13 12:33 | Report Abuse

Dump AA before RI ----coming

anchovy89

86 posts

Posted by anchovy89 > 2020-04-13 12:49 | Report Abuse

Seems AA share price still above RM0.70 Maybe this is due to demand more than supply.

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-13 13:57 | Report Abuse

oh boi you are wrong, Im telling you to buy lower not me. Also, long term AA will be back (post MH370 and 9/11) but the question is how long AA can survive? RI, bailout from gov, issue high interest bond? What measures will they take, and your future profitability as a shareholder. I will never touch AA (dumb management with high fees, dont know how to preserve cash, coupled with so much uncertainty), like I said previously if want to bet on airlines company, bet on SAM. If want to bet on tourism, buy GENM/GEN. JUST DONT TOUCH AA.

foo

168 posts

Posted by foo > 2020-04-13 15:11 | Report Abuse

Which companies on Bursa have high cash and low debt
KUALA LUMPUR: The second extension of the movement control order to contain the Covid-19 outbreak — now totalling six weeks until April 28 — means that economic activities will remain subdued for at least another 14 days.
The pandemic, which has infected nearly two million and killed over 100,000 worldwide, presents the worst start possible for the recession expected ahead. As the infection curve has yet to near its peak, it is anyone’s guess on the depth of the economic downturn.
Against this backdrop, survival is the prominent concern now. Investors’ attention is drawn to companies’ balance sheets instead of growth prospects, which is widely expected to be minimal in the best-case scenario, as business volume dwindles and operating cash flow shrink.
Asia Analytica data shows that of some 880 listed companies (after excluding the 40 banks, insurers and investment trusts), 597 companies listed on Bursa Malaysia have cash that is less than their short-term liabilities.
Companies in many different sectors are underlined here, from furniture companies to retailers, automotive-related firms, and a wide range of manufacturers and trading companies.
Meanwhile, 223 listed companies have an interest cover ratio of below one times, meaning their earnings before interests and tax cannot cover interest expenses for a full year. The market capitalisation of most of these companies are below RM2 billion.
Some 321 companies were already in the red last year. Of the 599 profitable ones, around 45.6% of them saw profit decline in the period. Again, most on the list are small-cap firms, according to Asia Analytica data.
It is also worth noting that the economic downturn would be a tough test on companies’ sales quality. Companies with a high portion of credit sale with mounting receivables could be at risk amid the potential cash trap.
A random check shows that 75 listed companies or 8.2% have net gearing of over 100%. Sectors with the most companies in this category are logistics, construction, oil and gas, building materials and property development.
Others with net gearing of above 80% include power companies, telecommunications companies and building materials companies. Power producers’ liabilities are usually backed up by the steady cash flow from power purchase agreements.
On the flip side, notable sectors with low net gearing average include Internet and gas utility companies, and technology solution providers.
Of 79 generic companies with market capitalisation of above RM2 billion (ex-banks, real-estate investment trusts and insurers) only 22 have a cash ratio of above one times and net gearing of below 50%, led by Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd, Petronas Gas Bhd and IOI Corp Bhd.
As reflected by the price-to-book valuations, preference is given for companies with high cash, low debt, steady recurring income and high-quality clients, such as tech companies, and broadband providers.
There are also lesser-known small-cap companies that are cash-rich with sturdy past operations.
As a fund manager pointed out that a downturn is a brewing pot for merger and acquisition activities, as smaller, cash-rich companies with good assets or business prospects usually become undervalued after the market selldown.
The first quarter’s (1Q20) financial result will show how much cash was exhausted amid the two-week shutdown in the second half of March, while prospects of the entire half of 2Q20 being under movement restriction are still visible.

gsi723

903 posts

Posted by gsi723 > 2020-04-13 16:10 | Report Abuse

between Genm Vs. AA... the former is safer, defintiely

newbie1111

1,842 posts

Posted by newbie1111 > 2020-04-13 16:11 | Report Abuse

If refund taking too long maybe customer should together log credit card charge dispute with bank and let AA merchant account be shutdown if they did not do refund for service that they failed to provide.

newbie1111

1,842 posts

Posted by newbie1111 > 2020-04-13 16:14 | Report Abuse

if Mavcomm side with AA to allow long refund period, maybe consumer should seek protection from BNM regulation by using the protection on credit card

anchovy89

86 posts

Posted by anchovy89 > 2020-04-13 17:05 | Report Abuse

Closed at RM0.71 with strong demand support. However the counter drops 0.015. Can the support hold the price for tomorrow and for the whole week?

signalmw

3,314 posts

Posted by signalmw > 2020-04-13 18:17 | Report Abuse

Tp 0.4

Danny Tay

95 posts

Posted by Danny Tay > 2020-04-14 01:14 | Report Abuse

Anyone interested to workvwith AA,,, hiring software eng mgr. Cool to see a local company still on hiring... despite the downturn.. Somethibg brewing?

Posted by hk776060 > 2020-04-14 09:40 | Report Abuse

Most idiots look down AirAsia, I believe AirAsia will survived, those who look down it, should not buy AirAsia share.

Posted by ImFromTheFuture > 2020-04-14 10:07 | Report Abuse

I need aa to survive. otherwise I need to pay for MAS

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-14 10:19 | Report Abuse

You guys are wrong, AA may/may not survive but that is none of your business. You should invest where your capital should be going. We need airplanes not airlines, eg AA can declare bankrupt, bought over by someone new with the existing AA name, you as a s/holder lost everything, and a new AA will be reborn. Too much possibilities, and not worth taking the risk

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-14 10:21 | Report Abuse

@hk776060 Trust me some of the people here want it to go lower to buy but when they see that the price hold at 0.7 they bought some themselves. Hahahahaha. Too many selfish people only think about themselves without any analysis and hoping to make instant profit but ends up losing more.

LohNewbie

66 posts

Posted by LohNewbie > 2020-04-14 10:22 | Report Abuse

here's the thing, you either let MAS monopolize then you will "enjoy" their airfare, or let AA to compete and rationalize everything not only domestic flight, but also international flight

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-04-14 10:24 | Report Abuse

u are wrong, we need pilot to run the airplane, but the pilot no money to buy airplane.. so only businessman can buy and managed the airplane in proper way. if airplane is the only important things... not need others airline company in the world, boeing/airbus enuf to run the business. haha...

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-04-14 10:26 | Report Abuse

with the current marketcap, the worst is over.

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-14 10:31 | Report Abuse

I am not selfish, I'm just giving you my view. We come back 6 months later and see ok? Unless there's something I'm missing with AA in terms of their balance sheet strength.

Citadel12

1,045 posts

Posted by Citadel12 > 2020-04-14 10:33 | Report Abuse

wait two more weeks idss and RSS resume then u will know ,this iskandar bought edi now keep promote to let others push it up for him

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-04-14 10:34 | Report Abuse

anytime offer rm3b to sell the aa.. u think other richman in the world dont want to buy.... think twice... used head..

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-04-14 10:39 | Report Abuse

@BullRUN2021 think in this few months first la.. 6 months later? god know... 1929.... always remember there are richman waiting the recession & bubble in the history... they are willing to pickup whatever is cheap...cheap... important dont gamble...

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-14 10:47 | Report Abuse

If they are smart like Buffet, they won't buy open market share lol (note: Buffet just sold some of its airlines share). They will do a private deal (private placement, takeover share after bankruptcy) with the company as these company needs liquidity to survive and the rich can provide. They won't give free money without a bargain. Who will lose value? Existing shareholder.

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-04-14 10:53 | Report Abuse

Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful. Don't test the depth of the river with both your feet while taking risk.

Important is timing.. timing.. Relax la...

salman

1,554 posts

Posted by salman > 2020-04-14 10:56 | Report Abuse

Malaysia Airlines Berhad akan memulakan semula penerbangan ke Sabah dan Sarawak mulai minggu ini.

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-14 10:57 | Report Abuse

Alright sir, by all means. Disclaimer: I'm not investing or planning to invest in AA unless fundamental changes. Yes you may say I may lose out some gains if it recovers after new news comes out, I'm not worried as I am more concern about not losing money. Besides, my other holdings are all rising high. Your choice sir, you choice :)

newinvestor17

2,150 posts

Posted by newinvestor17 > 2020-04-14 11:42 | Report Abuse

is iskandar one of Jaya's and Betkaukau's dupe ?

Btw, what happened to our hardcore AA fanboys such as Betkaukau and Jaya ? Where did they go ?

They said AA would never go below RM1 and if it went, they would sell their underwear, mother and house and would even go to the extend of selling their backside to invest into AA ?

Where are they ?

They also said AA would be super profitable when oil goes down. Now that oil has gown down in price compared to previous historical prices, is AA super profitable ?

All are a bunch of jokers, only know how to spin and twist stories.
KNN MCB

Posted by immobile45 > 2020-04-14 11:44 | Report Abuse

syukur air asia. corruption is good!

newinvestor17

2,150 posts

Posted by newinvestor17 > 2020-04-14 11:46 | Report Abuse

KAQ,

When AA was at RM3, you said, wow see, how strong is the support at RM3,

When AA was at RM2, you said, wow see, how strong is the support at RM2,

When AA was at RM1, you said wow see, how strong is the support at RM1,

You son, are a not only a joker but also a bloody dullard.

Karlos

1,273 posts

Posted by Karlos > 2020-04-14 12:10 | Report Abuse

Warren Buffett did not exit from investing in the two airlines namely Delta and South West.He had only sold a small portions of his stakes to make the his holdings for both airlines just below the threshold of 10% and still remains the largest shareholders for both airlines. It is more of regulatory or tactical reasons.
Similarly he has sold some shares in Bank of NY Mellon to reduce his holding to just again below 10% threshold.
On top Buffett is raising funds by selling bonds in Europe and Japan where interest rates are almost zero % despite he has already had huge cash holdings.

Expertise

1,386 posts

Posted by Expertise > 2020-04-14 12:30 | Report Abuse

AA die, malaysia die,everybody in Malaysia die.....

anchovy89

86 posts

Posted by anchovy89 > 2020-04-14 12:30 | Report Abuse

Until 12.30pm the counter closed with the price of RM0.725 The counter moves up for 0.015 with strong support from demand rather than supply. However the price cannot break RM0.74 due to high volume from selling back the shares.

Posted by iskandar100k > 2020-04-14 13:26 | Report Abuse

@Citadel12 Yes i have already bought and i already mention it at 0.71 and i am planning to hold until i reach my stop loss or any changes in the news. If you want to sell go ahead nobody is stopping you. I am investing short term based on my analysis. If i want to hold long i am better of with blue chip stocks.

@newinvestor17 No idea who you are talking about but the way you talk seems very uneducated :) So i am not going to argue

@BullRUN2021 Sorry if i offended you. I agree with your point but i am buying based on my own analysis for short term. I just hate seeing negativity comment to scare other people who owns the stock to sell just so that they can buy at a cheaper price and make profit. When they lose they sell and scare laugh at others so that they feel better about themselves. But you on the other hand seem genuine.

newinvestor17

2,150 posts

Posted by newinvestor17 > 2020-04-14 13:28 | Report Abuse

says the dullard who thinks his right

No worries, you would go down like the likes of Betkaukau and Jaya, both of those dullard had an attitude like yours, you could just scroll back to the previous comments and skim their reasonings.

LohNewbie

66 posts

Posted by LohNewbie > 2020-04-14 14:54 | Report Abuse

NTA of AA is 1.33, how much you expect their Price to book value to be? 0.5? Current price of RM0.73 now, P/B = 0.55. If the number is comfortable, then next thing should be: Is AA business model sustainable? The future business bright? And most importantly can TF able to pull through this period of difficulty?

Posted by BullRUN2021 > 2020-04-14 16:10 | Report Abuse

A lot of new investor now, ie 'dumb money' don't know anything jumping into market thinking its easy money later on get eaten by sharks. Now it's still safe as there are no short selling. You will know who's wearing pants and who's not when the tide finally settles.

anchovy89

86 posts

Posted by anchovy89 > 2020-04-14 17:21 | Report Abuse

counter closed with positive value. looks like both buying and selling have strong support. what will be the cause of the price climb up today? big shark or foreign investor?

i3lurker

13,735 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2020-04-14 21:33 | Report Abuse

NTA is below zero already based on forward PE

Conceptually this means when you click buy. There is no need to pay for the share. AirAsia will pay you.

Post a Comment