HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): HARTA (5168)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.05 (1.86%)

Day's Change

2.69 - 2.77

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

33,392 comment(s). Last comment by YourQuirkyWays29 2 hours ago

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-23 23:36 | Report Abuse

Call me naive, but isn't it risky to short a company with good fundamentals, especially when price is "closed to" the bottom? I see the logic behind shorting poor sentiment companies, price is trending down, so what's the harm in riding the bear? But there's a risk especially when price is already closed to the bottom. First there isn't much more room for price to fall. Second, and more importantly, the poor sentiment won't last forever, and one day when the sentiment suddenly reverses, all of a sudden you're taking losses when price suddenly trends up. Some news can be quite sudden, for example the recent news on the power shortage in China.

If I am a big fish, I would short sell companies that are currently overvalued. Price is sky-high but all you need is to create a little panic and "positive sentiment" will reverse course. To me this is a more profitable option. First price is sky-high so lots of room to fall and profit from the selldown. Second, since the company is highly overvalued, every investor riding the bull knows that one day the musical chair will stop and the bubble will pop. I think that's what happened with gloves late 2020, knowing that the sky-high price won't last forever. Now after a year in, with prices close to pre-pandemic levels, the motive for RSS becomes weaker and weaker.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-10-24 16:36 | Report Abuse

bang miskin . Agreed with you . Very logical argument.

M878

11 posts

Posted by M878 > 2021-10-24 22:07 | Report Abuse

China’s new Covid-19 infections will increase in coming days and the areas affected by the epidemic may continue to expand, a health official said.

The current outbreak in China is caused by the delta variant from overseas, Wu Liangyou, an official at the National Health Commission, said at a briefing in Beijing Sunday.
The wave of infections spread to 11 provinces in the week from Oct. 17, Mi Feng, spokesman for the commission, said at the briefing. Most of the people infected have cross-region travel histories, Mi said. He urged areas that have been affected by the pandemic to adopt “emergency mode.”
Some cities in the provinces of Gansu -- including its capital Lanzhou -- and Inner Mongolia have halted bus and taxi services because of the virus, according to Zhou Min, an official at the transport ministry.

China reported 26 new local confirmed Covid-19 infections on Saturday, including seven in Inner Mongolia, six in Gansu, six in Ningxia, four in Beijing, one in Hebei, one in Hunan and one in Shaanxi, according to the National Health Commission. Another four local asymptomatic cases were reported in Hunan and Yunnan.

The spread of the delta variant in Asia is slowing efforts by governments to re-open their economies. Singapore announced Saturday that only employees who are fully vaccinated, or have recovered from Covid-19 in the past 270 days, can return to the workplace from Jan. 1. The government last week extended other virus restrictions for another month because cases continue to rise even with more than 84% of the population fully vaccinated.

In China’s capital city of Beijing, the epidemic has expanded to three districts including Haidian, a scientific hub, Pang Xinghuo, vice head of the Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control, said at a briefing Sunday.

Five new confirmed local Covid cases and an asymptomatic one were reported between Saturday midday to Sunday 3 p.m., Pang said.

Beijing will cancel a marathon originally scheduled for Oct. 31 due to the virus, the Beijing Daily reported. People in cities where infections have been found are banned from visiting or returning to the capital at present, the newspaper said.

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-10-25 09:30 | Report Abuse

Bang_miskin , while your argument makes sense, it's exactly what the big boys want you to think. I agree with you if you're thinking long term and buy to hold. But in short term, volume matters. You see, the big boys already controlled the market through RSS. Retailers can't even IDSS to protect themselves. In US, the exchange would have been brought to the court to allow one side to short & long while retailers can only go long. Our market is not really an open market as the big boys not only have deep information about the holders , they are also given the opportunity to RSS for almost 1 year to fry the ikan bilis . Meanwhile, retailers are defence less. If IDSS is allowed, at least retailers have small pen knife to defend themselves. In USA, you can short stocks just like RSS in Bursa thru your brokers.In US,RSS is not limited to big boys. In Bursa, retailers are only allowed to IDSS which is risky in my opinion , but not allowed to RSS like in US market. So ,as long big boys in Bursa are given RSS tool while retailers cannot IDSS, gloves will continue to go down. As I have said previously, in Bursa, who cares if the fundamental is good. The big boys know you'll be investing in it. They will analyse the daily volume for that company, borrow enough shares , kautim the media , and RSS on a particular low buying volume day. So, becareful retailers. Investing in Bursa is not as simple as just looking at fundamental. Bursa is not an open market. Our market is controlled by the big boys

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-10-25 12:18 | Report Abuse

Price seems to be holding at RM6.00 plus for now. However still thin volume.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-25 12:42 | Report Abuse

@looiting, perhaps you are right. I am not too familiar with Bursa short selling policies, but I am well aware that large funds can swing the movement one way or the other.

@Anxious, yes not much information to push the price one way or the other. The next QR should spice things up. Now is more like a calm before the storm. Can't wait.

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-10-25 15:53 | Report Abuse

Nothing surprise when price fall

Posted by masterus > Oct 21, 2021 10:05 AM | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 21): Supermax Corp Bhd’s share price fell nearly 10% in Bursa Malaysia’s Thursday (Oct 21) morning trade after the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said the agency will detain imports of disposable gloves produced by Supermax Corp’s wholly-owned subsidiaries Maxter Glove Manufacturing Sdn Bhd, Maxwell Glove Manufacturing Bhd and Supermax Glove Manufacturing on forced labour allegations.

rl68

176 posts

Posted by rl68 > 2021-10-25 15:53 | Report Abuse

Hi, bro. when will they release their latest QR?

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-10-25 15:53 | Report Abuse

Gloves really fragile.

High risk to invest.

But high risk may come high return too

oskchoon

3,186 posts

Posted by oskchoon > 2021-10-25 17:10 | Report Abuse

*latest TP * of 7 Glove counters

Top Glove RM 1.20
Supermax RM 1.00
Hartalega RM 3.00
Kossan Rubber RM 1.10
Comfort Glove RM 0.50
Careplus RM 0.40
Rubberex RM 0.20

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-10-25 17:17 | Report Abuse

Based on previous years record QR should be end Oct or early Nov.

As for dividend, I am predicting 15 sen plus minus 10%. But nothing to shout about as all that can be wiped out ex dividend date.

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-10-25 17:29 | Report Abuse

Choon, if Harta goes to RM3.00, might as well close Bursa down. The Company is making Billions in profits . Surely must be woth more than that. If not for the Short Sellers we would be 20-25% higher than current share price.

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-10-25 17:41 | Report Abuse

Patience is everything

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-25 18:59 | Report Abuse

10-20 cents, big volume, I can see how they can earn a lot short selling on a day when sentiments are negative. Like how we too can profit selling when prices go up above our purchase price. Except we make peanuts compared to them lah. There will always be opportunities for RSS with the ups and downs of the stock market. Anyway slow day today for Harta, no chance to buy or sell. I think I spent more time reading Serbadk's forum. Haha!

Posted by bang_miskin > Oct 23, 2021 11:36 PM | Report Abuse

Call me naive, but isn't it risky to short a company with good fundamentals, especially when price is "closed to" the bottom? I see the logic behind shorting poor sentiment companies, price is trending down, so what's the harm in riding the bear? But there's a risk especially when price is already closed to the bottom. First there isn't much more room for price to fall. Second, and more importantly, the poor sentiment won't last forever, and one day when the sentiment suddenly reverses, all of a sudden you're taking losses when price suddenly trends up. Some news can be quite sudden, for example the recent news on the power shortage in China.

If I am a big fish, I would short sell companies that are currently overvalued. Price is sky-high but all you need is to create a little panic and "positive sentiment" will reverse course. To me this is a more profitable option. First price is sky-high so lots of room to fall and profit from the selldown. Second, since the company is highly overvalued, every investor riding the bull knows that one day the musical chair will stop and the bubble will pop. I think that's what happened with gloves late 2020, knowing that the sky-high price won't last forever. Now after a year in, with prices close to pre-pandemic levels, the motive for RSS becomes weaker and weaker.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-25 22:33 | Report Abuse

Agree with @jolynce. With poor sentiment and very large volume, can small margin but almost sure profit when price is trending down.
However these past week Harta remain quite steady above 6. Waiting until cow come home before Harta reached RM5.

@oskchoon Wake me up when Harta reach RM3. I sell all my assets, all my belongings, rumah lah, kereta lah, anjing dan bini pun jual, semua duit I queue kat bila Harta sampai RM3.

To all the big fish and ikan bilises out there. Please sell everything and press Harta cukup2. Pasti harta Harta sampai RM3, kurang sikit pun I okay. Lebih murah lebih bagus.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-25 22:39 | Report Abuse

Maybe if next QR is real disaster, can kutip below RM5. My gut tells me it's probably like Kossan (within market expectation), so expect small bump in price after QR releases. But if you ask me for "gut feeling" distribution, probably 30% bad (below market expectation), 50% within expectation (down from previous QR) and 20% (better than market expectation).

Retnam

136 posts

Posted by Retnam > 2021-10-25 22:46 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 09:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 09:52 | Report Abuse

You all are buying a 60% discount chips .....TUNGGU APA LAGI ?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 10:09 | Report Abuse

Price suddenly drop? What's the latest news?

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 10:11 | Report Abuse

Spy firm solid leak news , short ward LIMIT UP .....percentage accurate and precise 101% .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 10:12 | Report Abuse

EVIDENCE on low volume ...... PRESS BUTTON LEAP UP is movies seed .

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 10:13 | Report Abuse

NOT POWER TO PRESS BOTTOM LINE , CURRENT GOT POWER ROOF TO PUTTING OUT PLANET GO .

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 10:41 | Report Abuse

Weak support at RM5.90. Once this break, price will free fall.
Quite surprised with the sudden price fall. Did the latest QR leaked early, news from CBP, or did I invited big fish to press down price?

Posted by everest29029 > 2021-10-26 10:48 | Report Abuse

The answer is in your questions..QR, CBP & RSS worry weigh on price

takeashot

50 posts

Posted by takeashot > 2021-10-26 10:58 | Report Abuse

Harta price very attractive now, please drop more for me to buy

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2021-10-26 11:10 | Report Abuse

IT WILL HUGE RISE after all .....

Posted by menotassassin > 2021-10-26 11:15 | Report Abuse

Windfall tax coming this Friday?

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-26 11:23 | Report Abuse

Wow what's happening. Anyway, just bought at 5.87

Ryan83

1,835 posts

Posted by Ryan83 > 2021-10-26 11:34 | Report Abuse

Price drop 30 sen most probably CBP ban coming soon from USA

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 11:35 | Report Abuse

Agree with @everest29029
If there is a leak in bad news, we'll probably hear some gossips by now. I suspect investors are jittery. One big push and many retailers rushed to sell.

However if the QR turns out to be good, price may shoot back up above RM6. Let's wait and see.

Ryan83

1,835 posts

Posted by Ryan83 > 2021-10-26 11:40 | Report Abuse

Hartalega coming QR profit will drop 50% from previous QR similar to Kossan....Stull very weak sentiment for all glove stocks

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 11:54 | Report Abuse

Agree with Ryan83 kinda in line with my expectation.
Anyway just bought some at 5.83. Not an easy decision since have to sell off some other recovery stocks. If Harta rebounds this afternoon, can take profit and make some pocket change.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-26 12:22 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin that's my plan too. Bought some more at 5.82 to average down today's purchase. Good luck to us. Hope the price stabilises.. yikes!

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-26 12:24 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin Actually last night I queued to buy 20 lots at 5.95. Didn't turn on my phone till late morning and that's when I saw.. not only did my order matched, the price was no where near there. Pengsan! haha!

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-26 12:26 | Report Abuse

This Andy Hall really troublemaker I tell you!

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 12:26 | Report Abuse

Bought before reading the news on Andy Hall's latest allegations (@cerubic). There was some kind of news... no wonder the sharp drop.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-10-26 12:47 | Report Abuse

Small potato long term investor, not the sorts of buying selling short term to make profits but loves to read the comments from you guys, the expertise ...learn lots of things here...by the way the news on the complaint just came out yesterday...another "attack" on the glove industry...right or wrong up to the gov to investigate and just see how it goes from there

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-10-26 13:03 | Report Abuse

Small potato here too. I know very little about labour laws so I cannot say whether there is or isn't merit to such allegations. Just have to wait for authority (including CBP) to investigate and make the right decision.

Bang miskin also not used to day trading (this fella here rugi more than untung) but when opportunities present, take a bit of profit and add extra telur on my nasi kosong.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-10-26 13:12 | Report Abuse

@bang miskin @cerubic I think Harta is not really a suitable stock for day trades. Sometimes the price can fluctuate wildly in a day but that's quite rare. I'm not a day trader either. I just take profit when I feel that it's time to do so.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-10-26 13:24 | Report Abuse

The price is just too volatile, not for weak heart small potato like me...may get heart attack betting on making profit with the no up and down....just more of a dividend investor

Posted by Snowpiercer > 2021-10-26 14:10 | Report Abuse

Downside risk for Harta is still big

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-10-26 14:33 | Report Abuse

Price structure for correction is not end yet
(1 hr)

Cactusgirl

115 posts

Posted by Cactusgirl > 2021-10-26 15:17 | Report Abuse

US will ban harta soon like supermax?

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-10-26 15:20 | Report Abuse

I'm a buyer if Harta got banned by CBP

oskchoon

3,186 posts

Posted by oskchoon > 2021-10-26 15:24 | Report Abuse

latest TP * of 7 Glove counters

Top Glove RM 1.20
Supermax RM 1.00
Hartalega RM 3.00
Kossan Rubber RM 1.10
Comfort Glove RM 0.50
Careplus RM 0.40
Rubberex RM 0.20

LossAversion

1,707 posts

Posted by LossAversion > 2021-10-26 15:25 | Report Abuse

Ha, ha, ha IF the past, present, future TPs are so useful, many would not be in deep shit!!!!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz