BENALEC HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): BENALEC (5190)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.13 - 0.135

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

13,785 comment(s). Last comment by MrXYZ 1 week ago

Posted by fortunebullllz > 2015-01-23 15:44 |

Post removed.Why?

Vin Tan

147 posts

Posted by Vin Tan > 2015-01-23 16:01 | Report Abuse

happyvic, focus on the unfolding event ( if there should be any ) and make the best of decision for yourself, never mind what other say other your baby, stay well and live happy

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:11 | Report Abuse

Taciturn.... mana lu? what decision? sometimes dont be overconfident. I am not here to prove you are right or wrong but you need to weigh what MD or your source said especially during period of fund raising where needs some excitement to make people subscribe the bond.

happyvic

228 posts

Posted by happyvic > 2015-01-23 16:11 | Report Abuse

yeah... lets live happy. enjoy the profit.. hahaha

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:12 | Report Abuse

Taciturn are u Desmond Boey appeared on The Edge?

Vin Tan

147 posts

Posted by Vin Tan > 2015-01-23 16:30 | Report Abuse

fortunebullllz,

before investing , we do research , gather data and info, listen to even gossips or rumours, analysing them , making sense out of them and when our inner logic call it a go , we put in our hard earned money. Things do not always turn out to be despite the best of our effort , and we say, alas , I made a bad error of judgement, how stupid I am. We get on with it and learn from the bad experience

"getting conned' is such an irresponsible word to it, it implies others are responsible for our loss, and we are not in control

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:30 | Report Abuse

Taciturn .... u know taciturn in English means reluctant to join conversation. I think you need to create new profile and stop using Taciturn but Busybody.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:39 | Report Abuse

Vin Tan ....if u listened to me earlier, you wont get con. FYI.... at the beginning, i am quite suspicious when Taciturn said approval by this week which as far i know, there is no meeting by DOE and even got, the Pengarah won't sign as Najib at World Economic Forum. Also, the middle east pull back all investments in view of low oil price. FYI........ if oil price continue at this level, no approval on EIA for Benalec throughout this year. Government dont want it to be white elephant that ashamed the nation. Also, Tanjung Piai near resorts and this issue yet to resolve. Pengerang just created some controversy on graveyard and the MD has some attitude issue for asking Government contracts from PEMANDU which they recorded it in writing and tabled to the meeting.

Vin Tan

147 posts

Posted by Vin Tan > 2015-01-23 16:43 | Report Abuse

where, be good and live happy to you as well

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:44 | Report Abuse

Hope someone can clarify whether the MD asked b4 from PEMANDU on Government contracts. Correct me if i am wrong. Unlikely they will get contracts from Government other than Piai & Pengerang. That's why i said the MD is incompetent because indirectly blaming Government for no contracts and tell PEMANDU. All recorded in minutes (correct me if I am wrong. Purely speculative).

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 16:45 | Report Abuse

Hi, good day everybody. I've been following comments on this blog with interest from the sidelines and feel that it's about time I throw in my 2 cents' worth.

Without specifically mentioning names, I have to say that what is very clear is that some of the comments posted on this forum are illogical, irrational and oftentimes irresponsible. I guess that people can make such comments with impunity on a blog such as this.

Of late, there have been some outrageous comments about the MD's remuneration on this forum. Those making the most noise most probably did not attend last month's AGM, during which the issue was explained by the Board to the apparent satisfaction of the shareholders who were in attendance. Indeed, all 7 resolutions, including the one on the MD's remuneration, were carried with 98% majority or more. I know that because I took the trouble to attend the AGM.
Subsequent to the meeting I managed to obtain from a close associate an analysis of EDs' remuneration across 7 companies operating in the Construction sector. The 7 companies covered in the analysis are Muhibbah, Mudjaya, Matrix, AQRS, Eversendai, HSL and Kimlun Corp. The average remuneration of an ED, as per the analysis, is RM5.2 million. This average is about RM2.5 million below that paid to Benalec's MD. However, to obtain a more complete picture, reference has to be made to the compensation paid to the management and staff supporting the EDs' function. Taking this into account, the average remuneration paid to directors and senior management staff is RM77 million across the 7 companies. By contrast, the amount paid in the case of Benalec is a mere RM19 million. Last, but not least, it is common knowledge that Benalec's MD did very well to arrest the damage done by his siblings and also managed to bring in new business worth in excess of RM450 million in the last 7 months of Benalec's financial year.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:47 | Report Abuse

PrescientOne.... did u ask Boon Siew why? cause Benalec has to incur upfront cost

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 16:49 | Report Abuse

PrescientOne.... regarding remuneration, we can interpret in 2 ways i.e. (1) the size and profit is smaller than your comparable companies (2) MD is stingy by giving less to employees and self rewarding himself with huge salary.

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 16:54 | Report Abuse

Where, from what I understand the Boon Siew contract is a cash contract and there is no payment in kind. If you know anything about the construction industry, payment upfront is the norm and not the exception. So, what is different in this case?

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 17:04 | Report Abuse

where, the profit reported in the financial year to June 2014 was, according to the AR, adjusted for a massive impairment writer-down of the PPE amounting to RM16.2 million. The profit included only a small percentage of the total profit yet to be reported because of the accounting treatment applicable to the construction industry. So "small profit" is a relative measure. By the same token, you can't underpay competent employees because they will just pack up and leave for the next job.

taciturn

476 posts

Posted by taciturn > 2015-01-23 17:07 | Report Abuse

To all rational readers of the forum.

No update has been made on the DOE's EIA website as yet. Waiting for them to do so, be it Approved or Not Approved. I do know they seem to update it within a day of the deadline. So am hoping it'll be reflected by tomorrow (Saturday) or with typical government efficiency, Monday.

An associate pointed out to me, that even if the DOE has made a decision, Benalec may not know about it yet. Any such decision has to be made in writing to Benalec before Benalec can make any requisite announcement to Bursa.

If the DOE only decided by end of day today, written notification will get to Benalec probably only on Monday (assuming a 5 day work week). A bursa announcement can then only be made on Monday.

Will let you know once I learn some thing more.

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-23 17:08 | Report Abuse

PrescientOne, you are bullshit ! Payment upfront is NOT norm in construction industry ! I have been in property and construction industry for so long and I have never give upfront payment to any contractors !!! Exception is only on small scale renovation works

Posted by PrescientOne > Jan 23, 2015 04:54 PM | Report Abuse
... If you know anything about the construction industry, payment upfront is the norm and not the exception. So, what is different in this case?

Vin Tan

147 posts

Posted by Vin Tan > 2015-01-23 17:19 | Report Abuse

PrescientOne, welcome aboard this thread of forum. Your input is starting to make the forum more alive

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 17:19 | Report Abuse

Actually, given the turmoil faced by Benalec in the first half of the 2014 financial year, to even report any profit at all would be no mean feat. We, the by-standers can pass judgment flippantly but if you were to be involved in dealing with issues of the magnitude that the Company had to address and resolve, you would certainly take a very different view. I say this because I have been involved in a similar situation elsewhere before.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:34 | Report Abuse

Benalec incurs all cost 1st then billed. I believe Boon Siew has expertise on land reclamation but they sub it to Ah Ben

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 17:37 | Report Abuse

Kukuman, as per usual, you are a monumental pain in everybody's southern region. What I meant was that all contractors would normally have to incur costs and expenses upfront before being able to submit a claim for payment. You don't have to spend decades in the property and construction industries to know that. Now, do everyone a favour, piss off!

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:39 | Report Abuse

Taciturn... we trust u one more time to next monday. Hopefully, on next monday no more excuses.

Posted by GoGoBenalec > 2015-01-23 17:42 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 17:43 | Report Abuse

Vin Tan, thanks for welcoming me. You sound like one of the more rational members of the forum. It's the rational and fair-minded people on this forum who will help to ensure that sanity prevails.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:44 | Report Abuse

GoGoBenalec..... why ur name got Benalec? Another follower caught red handed

Posted by GoGoBenalec > 2015-01-23 17:45 |

Post removed.Why?

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-23 17:45 | Report Abuse

Then, what is "payment upfront" mean? Dont simply used the word if you dont understand. That word mean different thing ! If any contractor tell me he wants "payment upfront" before he could start work, I will tell him to fly kite !

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:54 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by ahmadzul007 > 2015-01-23 17:54 | Report Abuse

Itu kompeni boon siew plc kan?
Ada open tender?

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 17:54 | Report Abuse

Kukuman, In this world everything is negotiable, if only you know how. It also depends on circumstances, but why am I wasting time responding to idiots!

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:57 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by GoGoBenalec > 2015-01-23 17:57 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by GoGoBenalec > 2015-01-23 17:58 | Report Abuse

no offense

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 17:59 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by ahmadzul007 > 2015-01-23 18:01 | Report Abuse

Beli tanah sudah dapat untung, duk diam diam lah. Apasal mau buat kecoh lagi

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:01 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by PrescientOne > 2015-01-23 18:03 | Report Abuse

Where, why are you holding taciturn "responsible" for the EIA announcement? This matter is under the jurisdiction of the DOE, don't you understand? Btw, if Boon Siew has the experience or expertise for reclaiming land, then they certainly will be doing it themselves. FYI, the land on which they are constructing a medical centre was reclaimed by Benalec. Go and check it out instead of merely "believing".

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:03 | Report Abuse

ahmadzul007...u tak tau ke? keuntungan syarikat baru RM7juta tapi director bayar sendiri gaji RM8 juta kononnya dia berusaha untuk membawa kemajuan kepada syarikat ini.

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:04 | Report Abuse

Ahmad Zul 007... ini news. Baca sendiri u akan faham

http://www.investlah.com/forum/index.php/topic,68172.msg1344678.html#msg1344678

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:05 | Report Abuse

u Ahmad Zul 007 sebab u James Bond ke? wakaakak

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:07 |

Post removed.Why?

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:08 | Report Abuse

Ahmad Zul 007.... u syiok ke kalau MD bayar seorang RM8 juta tapi bayar shareholders RM2.4 juta sebagai dividend dan share price menjunam. Ini syarikat besar .....billion tapi anggap pemegang saham tolol. Harap Ahmad Zul ini adalah James Bond

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-23 18:15 | Report Abuse

PrescientOne, this is exactly what you said "If you know anything about the construction industry, payment upfront is the norm and not the exception ".

And now you trying to justify your statement with "everything is negotiable" !
What a bull talk. Another spinner in the making

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-23 18:20 | Report Abuse

where, didn't you notice taciturn's latest post already changed tune about the sure announcement thing. now spinning from right to left already

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:23 |

Post removed.Why?

where

260 posts

Posted by where > 2015-01-23 18:24 |

Post removed.Why?

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-23 18:25 | Report Abuse

haha. good one, where. but now seems come another one trying to be hero