GAMUDA BHD

KLSE (MYR): GAMUDA (5398)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.03 (0.40%)

Day's Change

7.48 - 7.65

Trading Volume

6 people like this.

17,387 comment(s). Last comment by cktay 20 hours ago

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 13:02 | Report Abuse

The only LOCAL company = Gamuda .... but internationally, many companies got equipment and machines to korek tunnel for much lower prices....this is a no-win situation for Gamuda...either they slash prices massively to please LGE and avoid losses, or they re-tender and lose the bid to other international companies like CCCC

Lucas Chan

1,674 posts

Posted by Lucas Chan > 2018-10-09 13:02 | Report Abuse

Pengwin is so negative in gamuda, please think positive on gamuda value in future

skhuei

16 posts

Posted by skhuei > 2018-10-09 13:03 | Report Abuse

I think Gamuda sure can come out with those cost saving method. Less entrance, no need escalator, use cheap tiles, less turnstile, less ticket machines. so many options.

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 13:05 | Report Abuse

CCCC would probably JV with MRCB Gkent

ks5S

4,601 posts

Posted by ks5S > 2018-10-09 13:05 | Report Abuse

Use cangkul better . Save cost

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 13:06 | Report Abuse

@cksam You are right, many Gamuda promoters crawling out of the woodwork to ask others to buy their stock holdings...but just look at the selling trend and queue....the transaction pattern is big holders and institutions disposing...now is catching falling knife, no fundamental or future prospects....only speculating and gambling like Genting....you think 2.50 is cheap, tomorrow you think 2.40 is cheaper, next month 2 ringgit even cheaper right.....cheap is relative, most important is VALUE and FUTURE PROSPECTS and Gamuda has none of those now

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 13:07 | Report Abuse

how low can it be? :)

08/10/2018 2.43
05/10/2018 3.21
04/10/2018 3.28
03/10/2018 3.33
02/10/2018 3.33
01/10/2018 3.28
28/09/2018 3.36
27/09/2018 3.22
26/09/2018 3.09
25/09/2018 3.10
24/09/2018 3.18
21/09/2018 3.30
20/09/2018 3.37
19/09/2018 3.42
18/09/2018 3.42
14/09/2018 3.42
13/09/2018 3.41
12/09/2018 3.40

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 13:08 | Report Abuse

negotiation with mof berjaya, back to 3+ :)

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 13:08 | Report Abuse

Forget about Gamuda. Focus on Mrcb Gkent

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 13:09 | Report Abuse

@Lucas Chan .... I already hibernating in Antarctica in my igloo for some time .... but I see this Gamuda so many people catching falling knife .... I give my comment, if people still think is good buy, it is their money not mine ...

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 13:19 | Report Abuse

People cannot drive forward looking at the rear view mirror....past prices are no indication of the future....past is past, future is future.....so what if past prices high...fundamentals can change that is why prices change to reflect the new situation....Gamuda now stands to lose between 25 (renego)and 90 percent (lose tender) of its order book, that is the current and future no win situation...drop now doesnt mean rebound later...last time 1 MYR = 1 SGD, since when has rebound

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 13:25 | Report Abuse

A lots of company 虎视眈眈 这块肥肉。

Posted by Lukesharewalker > 2018-10-09 13:29 | Report Abuse

who dares to have a contract with the government? halfway through can ask more discount? LOL

is it 29% or 40% completion? LGE should be decisive and clear all doubts.

or all contracts have to play on/off game?

Posted by Lukesharewalker > 2018-10-09 13:30 | Report Abuse

wonder when is margin call coming?

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 13:38 | Report Abuse

:)

Background
The company was incorporated on 6 October 1976 and was listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia on 10 August 1992.

One of its major projects was the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel) project – a 50:50 joint venture collaboration with MMC Corporation Berhad. Completed in year 2007, this 9.7 km SMART tunnel primary function is to divert excess flood water from Sungai Klang and Sungai Ampang to be stored in the storage pond. This dual purpose tunnel also serves as an alternative route for the motorist to travel to and from the city centre.

In 2008, MMC-Gamuda was awarded the RM12.485 billion worth of Electrified Double Track Project (EDTP) from Ipoh to Padang Besar. This 329 km Project involves the realignment and construction of the electrified double railways that span across four northern states of Perak, Penang, Kedah and Perlis in Peninsula Malaysia.[1] Works are progressing well at 97% overall completion stage and upon completion in November 2014, EDTP will serve as the backbone for the future commuters services in northern area which enable the residents to travel between urban and sub-urban area.[2]

As the Government of Malaysia is transforming Malaysia to become a fully developed nation by year 2020, railway is playing a pivotal role in the emergence of public transportation system. Travelling through rail is one of the most efficient travelling methods in avoiding the traffic and reduces the fuel consumption. Hence, the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) is made as an Entry Point Project of the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) under the Greater Kuala Lumpur / Klang Valley National Key Economic Area (NKEA).

In January 2011, MMC-Gamuda received the letter of award that they were appointed as the Project Delivery Partner (PDP) for the KVMRT (Sungai Buloh – Kajang Line) (KVMRT, SBK Line). Being the PDP, MMC-Gamuda's role is to deliver the project within the target cost and completion dates, managing the elevated works package contractors, as well as dividing elevated works packages, evaluating tenders, recommending the best elevated works package contractors to MRT Corporation, the owner of the KVMRT project.

At the time of writing, all elevated packages are gearing towards viaduct construction, which will comprise the bulk of activities for both the northern (V1 to V4) and southern (V5 to V8) elevated sections of the SBK Line for the next one-and-a-half years.

Besides, in March 2012, MMC Gamuda (T) Sdn Bhd was appointed as the turnkey contractor for the 9.5 km underground works for KVMRT, SBK Line worth RM8.28 billion. There are seven underground stations that will be constructed along the 9.5 km tunnel – KL Sentral, Pasar Seni, Merdeka, Bukit Bintang, Pasar Rakyat, Cochrane and Maluri. This underground works package inclusive of the design, construction and completion of tunnels, stations and associated structures between the Semantan Portal and Maluri Portal.

A total of 10 Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) have been purchased for the KVMRT, SBK Line tunnelling works. Out of the 10 TBMs, six of them are Variable Density TBMs (VD TBMs) which was co-designed and co-developed by MMC Gamuda in partnership with Herrenknecht AG, the world's largest tunnel boring manufacturer. The VD TBMs are specially designed to tunnel through the Kuala Lumpur's extreme karstic limestone geology whereas the remaining four Earth Pressure Balance TBMs (EPB TBMs) are used to bore through the Kenny Hill formation. The built-in technology in the TBMs prevents the loosening and collapse of the tunnel face during boring, and minimises surface settlement above the tunnels which avoid land subsidence (major cause of sinkholes). In addition, the TBMs are also designed to minimise water drawdown which is a major contributory factor in sinkholes developing.

Overall the works for both elevated and underground sections of the SBK Line are advancing fast with progress on-track and the project is expected to complete by year 2017.

Besides the local projects they are developing, Gamuda has ventured internationally with various civil engineering construction, infrastructure and property development located in Taiwan, South East and Far East Asia, Indochina, Middle East and Vietnam.

Airport Edit
New Doha International Airport (NDIA), Qatar
Bridge Edit
Sitra Causeway Bridges, Bahrain
Expressway Network Edit
E5 Shah Alam Expressway
E11 Damansara–Puchong Expressway
E23 Sprint Expressway
E38 Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel), Malaysia
Panagarh-Palsit and Durgapur Expressways, India
Dukhan Highway, Qatar
Mass Rapid Transit Edit
Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line)(KVMRT, SBK Line), Malaysia
Kaohsiung Metropolitan Mass Rapid Transit (KMRT), Taiwan
Railway Edit
Electrified Double Track Project (EDTP)(Ipoh-Padang Besar), Malaysia

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 13:39 | Report Abuse

Township Development (Gamuda Land) Edit
Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam – A township
Bandar Botanic, Klang
Valencia
Horizon Hills, Johor – Located within the Iskandar Development Region
Jade Hills, Kajang
Madge Mansion, Kuala Lumpur
The Robertson, Kuala Lumpur
Kelana Jaya Development, Petaling Jaya
Bukit Bantayan Residences, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Gamuda City, Vietnam
Celadon City, Vietnam
Water Treatment and Supply and Sewage Treatment Edit
Sungai Selangor Water Supply Scheme Phase 1 (SSP1), Malaysia
Sungai Selangor Water Supply Scheme Phase 3 (SSP3), Malaysia
Yen So Sewage Treatment Plant, Vietnam

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 13:40 | Report Abuse

Once tender calling, a lot of company grabbing for it. This will pleasant govt.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 13:40 | Report Abuse

remaining underground portion could kill both companies kah? :)

Luke91

520 posts

Posted by Luke91 > 2018-10-09 13:44 | Report Abuse

Afternoon help pump

Valuespec

60 posts

Posted by Valuespec > 2018-10-09 13:46 | Report Abuse

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/new-taxes-looming
Malaysia market going to crash very soon after implementation of capital gain tax on shares!!

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 13:47 | Report Abuse

All the historical project is due to previous govt.

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 13:56 | Report Abuse

LGE just said that he wants to reduce GLC involvement in stock market and raise money from disposal of current equity holdings to reduce deficit....there goes your EPF involvement....institutions disposing not supporting prices

Cindybull

1,123 posts

Posted by Cindybull > 2018-10-09 13:58 | Report Abuse

tp 3 is definite. prata King already warn this LGE to make sure he turn the economy better and not worse..else he will be out of job..first Chinese not first to go shortest trem

Cindybull

1,123 posts

Posted by Cindybull > 2018-10-09 13:58 | Report Abuse

first Chinese mof first to kick out too...what a joker

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:02 | Report Abuse

Govt want to privatize all GLC. So to increase the efficient and reduce cronies corrupted culture.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 14:02 | Report Abuse

:)

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 9): MIDF Amanah Investment Bank analyst Abdul Fadhli Zil Ikr Dzulkifly upgraded the recommendation on Gamuda Bhd to buy from neutral.

* Price target (PT) lowered to RM2.78 from RM3.15. Gamuda average PT is RM3.25.

* Gamuda had 7 buys, 13 holds, 4 sells previously: Bloomberg data

* Analysts lowered their consensus one-year target price for the stock by 18 percent in the past three months. Forecasts range from RM2.50 to RM4.11.

Performance Metrics

* Investors who followed the analyst's recommendation would have received a 3.4 percent return in the past year, compared with the negative 53 percent return on the shares.

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 14:04 | Report Abuse

Maybe I use reverse psychology better....please buy more Gamuda to help support Victor Yong, he is desperate now and needs your urgent assistance

Posted by zerosumplayer > 2018-10-09 14:06 | Report Abuse

An Open Letter to Tun M @chedetofficial
By Justin Chin Jing Ho

My name is Justin Chin Jing Ho and I am (or soon to be, “was”) a Malaysian tunneller working on the KVMRT Line 2 underground project. I graduated 6 years ago with a 1st Class Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from one of the best engineering universities in the world near the top of my class and despite receiving some lucrative job offers, I decided to drop all logic and follow my heart to come back to serve my beloved country Malaysia and participate in building this nation I call home. I chose not to be another number contributing to Malaysia’s brain drain statistic.

I will write this letter in a single pass without any editing or curation as I want the tone to be as raw as possible and to reflect my emotions and thoughts as I am lying in my bed at 4am wide awake trying to come to terms with the Government’s decision to terminate MMC Gamuda as the KVMRT Line 2 Underground Works contractor.

I cannot sleep not in fear of losing my job; but because I have witnessed and experienced too much pain since the big announcement and am having trouble processing it all. Alongside the thousands of Malaysians I have worked with building KL’s MRT lines for the past 6 years, many of us have worked in excess of 80 hours a week and over 300 days a year pouring out our hearts and souls in the name of making Malaysia better, and of course providing for our families.

On Sunday evening alone, after the news broke, I received over 30 calls and messages from my colleagues and comrades and over 30 more on Monday. All of the conversations differed from the others but the underlying messages were the same.

One of my foremen, big, strong and heavily tattooed, put on a brave face and asked “Boss, what will happen to the boys? Will they be okay? What do I tell them?” I didn’t have a good answer. All I could do was to put on a brave front and tell him that everything will be okay (but will it really?).

A single mother of 3, with 2 of her children in college, called up and asked, “What will happen to us now?” I didn’t know what to say to her.

One of my TBM operators, who I have a very strong connection with after having carried him out of the dark depths of hell (also known as a TBM cutterhead) nearly 5 years ago when he got stuck and came close to drowning, put his daughter through medical school because of the opportunities presented by this project. Now he is wondering if he will have a job tomorrow and if he will have to leave his family to go overseas in search for work when he is now over 50 years old.

What do the three people above share in common? They all voted for you. They all voted for a new, better Malaysia; a Malaysia Baru. And today they went home, blaming themselves for voting for you because perhaps tomorrow, they will be out of work and will not be able to put food on the table for their families. This is most certainly not what they voted for.

We don’t need a third national car to build and grow world class engineers; I believe we have long missed the boat to be a world class car manufacturer. However, we have on hand another channel to do just that: the MRT lines in Kuala Lumpur. The Malaysian team working on KVMRT Line 1 and Line 2 have achieved groundbreaking stuff and received international recognition and accolades from the international tunnelling community for our good work here. The Variable Density TBM that we pioneered and use to tunnel through Kuala Lumpur’s extremely challenging geology was accorded the Technical Innovation of the Year Award. One of my dearest friends, Derek Eng, recently won the coveted Young Tunneller of the Year Award from the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association beating out competition from all over the world. Just a month ago, we successfully trialled the world’s first self-driving TBM which tunnelled under the 14-lane Jalan Sungai Besi without any incidents. We hope that this too will win a number of awards in the near future. The engineers who worked on the AI algorithm for the self-driving TBM had an average age of 26 which was no mean feat!

All these engineering achievements and milestones were made possible because of the opportunities presented to the young and vibrant Malaysian team working on this highly complex and challenging project. It has given us room to grow, to build, to innovate, to dream. And soon, we will be robbed of all of this.

In my simple mind, I cannot comprehend the logic of how retendering of the remaining works and awarding them to a foreign contractor can bring greater value to the nation or for the taxpayers’ money once the abortive costs, idling costs, compensation, etc are taken into account and considering other factors like unemployment and capital outflow. I guess I’m not smart enough to run the country or to see the logic behind this decision; I can only contribute to building it.

So now I choose appeal not to your logic but to your humanity and to yo

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 14:07 | Report Abuse

Hanya mau murah sedikit :)

There are also many mega infrastructure projects
which we recognised as crucial towards productivity and economic growth for Malaysia, including the rail-based public transport projects such as the Light Rail Transit 3 and Mass Rapid Transit 2.

“For these projects, we have every intention of continuing but we are committed to ensuring that there are no unnecessary and excessive scope, while also ensuring that the costs are reasonable,” he said.

KUALA LUMPUR: The government is determined to clean up its accounts and make the public sector more transparent in finances, says Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng.

He said for a start, the government is committed to a shift from cash-based to accrual accounting standards by 2021.

“This move will involve a transition period of five to seven years and will inculcate the necessary fiscal discipline in the current and future government,” he said in a special address at the Malaysia: A New Dawn 2018 Investor Conference here today.

Lim said as part of the government's fiscal reforms to strengthen its fiscal position more systematically, the Public Finance Committee was established with the mandate to strike a balance between the government's commitments to fiscal consolidation and its needs to make continuous productive spending and investments.

Citing an example, he said clear cut white elephant projects such as the Multi-Product Pipeline and the Trans-Sabah Pipeline projects, expected to cost more than RM10 billion, had been cancelled.

“There are also many mega infrastructure projects which we recognised as crucial towards productivity and economic growth for Malaysia, including the rail-based public transport projects such as the Light Rail Transit 3 and Mass Rapid Transit 2.

“For these projects, we have every intention of continuing but we are committed to ensuring that there are no unnecessary and excessive scope, while also ensuring that the costs are reasonable,” he said.

Meanwhile, Lim said in adhering to fiscal discipline, the government during its 2019 Budget tabling, would be announcing new tax measures.
“We want to push for a cost optimisation and efforts to boost revenue,” he said, adding the nation's fiscal health needed three years to be restored.

In the medium term, the government will remain strictly in the path of fiscal consolidation as it reforms its institutions, increase revenues, optimise expenditure, as well as rationalise debts.

The economy, Lim noted, would remain on a steady growth path driven by both domestic and external demand, with the government prioritising polices to drive expansion.

Over the longer term, the government's focus is to ensure that it would have sufficient and stable sources of revenue for the country's development, which led to the establishment of the Tax Reform Committee (TRC) to undertake a comprehensive review and reform of the overall tax system.

Lim said the TRC had been given the mandate to minimise the tax gap, diversify tax revenue and make the tax system more efficient, neutral and progressive, on top of exploring ways to minimise tax leakages and evasion.

“The same committee will review all tax incentives given out previously to ensure these measures are still relevant in supporting high-quality economic growth,” he added. - Bernama

Cindybull

1,123 posts

Posted by Cindybull > 2018-10-09 14:07 | Report Abuse

ph only good in politic and creat story to manipulate the public. always blame and claim corrupt in actual fact who is most corrupt guess they should know better ..ph actor and actresses

Posted by zerosumplayer > 2018-10-09 14:07 | Report Abuse

So now I choose appeal not to your logic but to your humanity and to your love for the rakyat of Malaysia. Don’t crush the hopes, dreams, futures and livelihood of 20,000 working class Malaysian employees who have toiled to build this nation. 20,000 jobs, 20,000 families, and countless hopes and dreams. I have heard people saying that there must be pain before there is gain. But not this pain; this is pure, outright injustice to the 20,000 who have done nothing wrong but to give their lives and time to serve this beautiful nation. The blood will be on your hands. #demirakyat #prayforMRT2 #save20000jobs #save20kjobs

Aged 28, Justin Chin Jing Ho is a top-flight engineer and one of the key faces of MMC-Gamuda. He is the epitome of brain drain recovery in Malaysia.

The views expressed here are those of the author/contributor and do not necessarily represent the views of the page owner.

P/S: My brother Justin doesn't have a FB account thus he requested a brother in need like me to assist.

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:07 | Report Abuse

A lot of GLC company not doing well. Because new govt want chop their dirty corrupted money back to new govt.

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 14:11 | Report Abuse

I will just say: good stock no need promoter, people will still buy

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:14 | Report Abuse

Felt consolated to justin, but chopping is done no reverse. Sorry about hearing of that.

KAQ4468

21,497 posts

Posted by KAQ4468 > 2018-10-09 14:17 | Report Abuse

Petang kena bom
Petang kena bom

KAQ4468

21,497 posts

Posted by KAQ4468 > 2018-10-09 14:17 | Report Abuse

Tomorrow kena bom
Tomorrow kena bom

kaliaoki

674 posts

Posted by kaliaoki > 2018-10-09 14:17 | Report Abuse

I think gamuda not lucky this time to bore thru the tunnel

kaliaoki

674 posts

Posted by kaliaoki > 2018-10-09 14:19 | Report Abuse

karma they rejected by 7 lowest bids in MRT 1

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:20 | Report Abuse

Bom suicide won't help much the situation. Sorry about that.

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:27 | Report Abuse

Actually tunnel is not feasible at all. Just rail way enought.

Posted by khatulistiwa1234 > 2018-10-09 14:28 | Report Abuse

Another 20 CENTS PLUNGED suspect , BIG HAND IS INTERFERE .
09/10/2018 14:26

msnX13

57 posts

Posted by msnX13 > 2018-10-09 14:30 | Report Abuse

i think PMO has reviewed previous tender and costings,when other companies offered much lower prices than the one quoted by gamuda. Heavy profiteering in multiple billions. Tender won due to preferences and cronies. See who are the directors in gamuda.

pengwin

1,707 posts

Posted by pengwin > 2018-10-09 14:31 | Report Abuse

2.45 cannot clear, big player disposing at 2.45...

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:34 | Report Abuse

For geological pospect, tunnel is not the best solution. Reopen the tender for more eligible company.

sjwee3

529 posts

Posted by sjwee3 > 2018-10-09 14:35 | Report Abuse

Reject GLC cronies eating money for nonsenses.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-10-09 14:38 | Report Abuse

no 2 ways, country first, own interest 2nd.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-10-09 14:38 | Report Abuse

if country fail, everyone failed

limlim123

10 posts

Posted by limlim123 > 2018-10-09 14:40 | Report Abuse

Cindybull, i cant be more agree on your actor and actress comments. but to be exact, its not PH per se. it is one of the component parties in the PH that like to blame and scold.

PH is still better hope than BN for time being.

other PH component party already moved forward and been trying to look into making a better Malaysia.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2018-10-09 14:47 | Report Abuse

MMC gamuda is begging mof, sure jadi, this time :p

Cindybull

1,123 posts

Posted by Cindybull > 2018-10-09 14:47 | Report Abuse

better Malaysia or worse Malaysia soon many will know no need to debate. smart people and investor all know. 20k ppl lost of job if you are one of them I see if u can still make such statement

Post a Comment
Market Buzz