ARB BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ARBB (7181)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.04 - 0.045

Trading Volume

62 people like this.

25,520 comment(s). Last comment by whistlebower99 3 weeks ago

Posted by RangeRover222 > 2020-06-18 12:40 | Report Abuse

Pulled down an elected government then proposed unity government ? In your dreams.

GothicRock

117 posts

Posted by GothicRock > 2020-06-18 12:41 | Report Abuse

The so called unity Government will split Malaysia into two.

alipay88

365 posts

Posted by alipay88 > 2020-06-18 12:41 | Report Abuse

Unity is a nice word, often comes in catchy phrases. In Malaysia, however, as in many fascist countries, it is often unity dictated and in the term of the ruling government, otherwise there will be no unity.

Posted by DatoSriLuvGuru > 2020-06-18 12:44 | Report Abuse

LOVE PEACE JOY

Posted by DatoSriLuvGuru > 2020-06-18 12:44 | Report Abuse

NAMASTE

Posted by FortunerLiew > 2020-06-18 12:45 | Report Abuse

Empty talk by Young man, as long as CORRUPTION is not NIP in the BUD,
MERITOCRACY is not PRIORITISED,. Race and Religion set aside but ABIDE to STRICTLY as ENCRIPTED in the FEDERAL Constitution all talks will not lead Our Beloved Malaysia to Greatness , Developed OR EARN RESPECT FROM THE WORLD

Posted by ChineseKungFuMaster > 2020-06-18 12:47 | Report Abuse

Their unity government means let's unite together to loot the country. Let's watch each other's backs ( whether we be murderers , rapists or corrupt ). Let's not take down each other. Let's only take down those who will not be in the unity government - i.e. DAP.

Posted by XxXTripleXxX > 2020-06-18 12:49 | Report Abuse

The Unity government is feasible where the electorate divided equally into different ideological factions that can’t be reconciled electorally as in the case Israel recently and Germany. In Israel, they had three elections still electorate didn’t want to compromise, resulting in no coalition receiving a majority. In Germany, the traditional democratic parties need to work with far-right for the majority. The prevailing political parties in Germany have to workout the unity government to avoid far-right coming to power.

In Malaysia, the recent change in power to ensure the looters escape jail time and raid the public wealth and prosperity in the name of empowering race and religion.

The author wasted his time by not proposing any viable model of unity that addresses the long term effect of Covid19 socially and economically.

Posted by Zillionaire > 2020-06-18 12:49 | Report Abuse

Would be wonderful if it could become a reality. To imagine having the right people in place is a nice dream. But those 'old warlords' are stubbornly and annoyingly sticking around. They just don't go away no matter how we wish them to disappear. But perhaps there is hope with the younger voters, as yet untainted by theUMNO brainwashing and who hopefully, will become more aware and understand why Malaysia can be great if we just could see beyond race.

FancyMe

174 posts

Posted by FancyMe > 2020-06-18 12:50 | Report Abuse

A unity of idiots?

Give us a break from this endless flood of political bull designed specifically to satisfy the selfish needs of a collection of unemployables

There is not one person in Malaysian politics with any level of leadership skills. That is because there is not one person with any vision beyond personal goals

As the song says “ If you don’t have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true”

And Malaysian politics is totally devoid of any dream that includes the Malaysian people

No dream means nothing that party members can aspire to. Means no loyalty. Means chronic party hopping in the pursuit of self interest

Malaysian politics in its present format, regardless of how the idiots are arranged or in whichever way they coalesce are a bunch of useless idiots

Posted by RAMPAGE GODLIKE ! > 2020-06-18 12:50 | Report Abuse

I tell you what,Let the military takeover for a couple of years and let the proponents of corruption,double dipping power crazed politicians having MP and GLC salaries,3R sycophants stand before the military courts and justify their indulgences. Any unity gomen in msia will only succeed if umno is not part of it....that came from the purple unicorn outside my window called $Kaching !!!

Kenny Chua

206 posts

Posted by Kenny Chua > 2020-06-18 12:51 | Report Abuse

The military is just as corrupt. Why do you think we have porous borders in the first place? And who placed all these top brass and how are they connected to the former Defence Minister, Najib?

Kenny Chua

206 posts

Posted by Kenny Chua > 2020-06-18 12:51 | Report Abuse

RAMPAGE GODLIKE ! ???

Posted by MoneyMachineMaker发发发 > 2020-06-18 12:52 | Report Abuse

"What is in there for me"?

There are two ways in doing this. A scant and cosmetic fill-up of the NM quota, which unsurprisingly will be pale and stale faces from CA and MIC which the NM have rejected. As you had mentioned, the oscillation between MCA and DAP has ceased and one can understand why PAS and UMNO and now PPBM are dead against the DAP - it is not a party of "yes" men and that is why they want MCA and MIC. The NM saw this very clearly and obviously chucked them out. Except for Saravanan and Wee warming their seats the NM have nothing substantial to boast about.

Call it pessimistic but there is a better word for this - I am just being honest and realistic. There is no way a PN Malay Govt will consider the interests of the NM as the PH Govt had. It was not much but at least there was something. The funny thing is most of us had even made up our minds.

Posted by QuellingBlaster > 2020-06-18 12:52 | Report Abuse

HO ho HO What utter rubbish. A unity government?More likely a unity government run by a band of plunderers, thieves and cheats.

Zoologist

142 posts

Posted by Zoologist > 2020-06-18 12:53 | Report Abuse

QuellingBlaster! Yeah, coming from a former head of an English daily that is a mouthpiece of UMNO. Unity government will not solve our problems, but delay them and allow those kleptomaniacs and their cronies to hide and get out of jail free.

SunnyWong

88 posts

Posted by SunnyWong > 2020-06-18 12:54 | Report Abuse

Young Malaysians voters must lead the country by voting out all the frogs and traitors. Only then will politicians realise they are not the king but the rakyat who voted them in.

Posted by LOVE IS IN THE AIR..... > 2020-06-18 12:54 | Report Abuse

"This particular debate is harrowing. Ketuanan Melayu relates to Malay empowerment, about a race finding their footing after centuries of subjugation. It is a self-motivational theme aimed not at suppressing other Malaysians."

Who was in power for more than 60 years???
So Who was responsible for the subjugation???
Who was subjugating who???
Who was responsible for all the loss of the rakyats monies???

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-18 12:56 | Report Abuse

Covid-19: Stranded tourists in Malaysia staying put; feel safe under MCO

Ken Döscher had been looking forward to his first trip to Malaysia. The business student from Germany had always been captivated by the country’s pristine nature, beautiful beaches and exciting cosmopolitan vibe.

But when Döscher, 28, finally made his anticipated sojourn to Malaysia in early March this year, he never expected to stay way past his intended holiday period.

Like many travellers, Döscher is stranded abroad due to the worldwide travel bans and restrictions, which were implemented to curb the spread of the coronavirus. In Malaysia, the movement control order (MCO) was implemented on March 18.

“Before coming to Malaysia, I saw that there were only a few hundred cases here, so I was not worried at all, ” says Döscher.

However, the number of reported coronavirus cases significantly spiked, which subsequently led to Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announcing the MCO on the evening of March 16.

“That was the first time I realised that I was going to be affected by the Covid-19 crisis, ” Döscher recalls.

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-18 12:57 | Report Abuse

Waiting it out

During the MCO period, Malaysian citizens and Permanent Residents are not allowed to travel abroad. The same kind of travel ban, however, is not imposed on international visitors who wish to return to their home country.

Although there are restrictions placed on the entry of all international visitors into the country, tourists and foreign nationals are allowed to leave.

Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB), in a statement posted online, assures that all airports in the country continue to stay open during the MCO.

“Airports are categorised as an essential service, so all our airports will continue to operate, ” MAHB states, assuring that there are no restrictions on both international and domestic flight operations.

“Any decision to cancel flights will be at the discretion of the airline companies. Passengers are advised to check with the respective airline companies on your flight schedules.”

Döscher, who is currently in Kuala Lumpur, will wait out the coronavirus situation here – or at least until the end of the MCO period.

“My plan is to stay here until the MCO is finished. There is no other country around South-East Asia which is open for tourists at the moment, so I can’t travel anywhere else.

“I like it here in Malaysia, because of the friendly people. Everyone speaks really good English, the food is also very good and the prices are not as high like in Singapore, for example.

Döscher, who was in Melaka before the MCO began, is glad that he managed to move to KL.

“There are more hotels and supermarkets here. I am happy to be in KL, ” he shares. In fact, Döscher has been documenting his holiday experience during the MCO through vlogs (video logs) posted on his YouTube channel, Ken Abroad.

Some of the videos show him heading out to buy groceries and other essentials at deserted shopping malls in the city. There are also posts which depict him sampling local delicacies, bought through take-away services, which he then tries alone in his room.

According to Döscher, who is a seasoned traveller, his trip to Malaysia during the health crisis has been an unprecedented experience abroad.

“The city looks like a ghost town. I have never seen a huge city like KL so empty. And in front of every supermarket, there are security guards to check your temperature. At some places, I had to write down my contact details every time I entered. That was a bit strange in the beginning, but I have gotten used to it already.

“I am still having a good time here; I try to make the best out of it. I can’t change the situation and it’s the same right now everywhere around the world, so I am not complaining about things I cannot change, ” he shares.

Too expensive to fly

Couple Steve Greig, 29, and Ivana Wibowo, 31, who were also holidaying in Malaysia when the MCO was implemented, have decided to do the same thing as Döscher – stay on and wait for the Covid-19 crisis in the country to settle down.

The Canadian couple has been travelling full time since January last year. They only started noticing how serious the Covid-19 situation was getting when countries began to close their borders.

“Now, some concerns are that we don’t know what our next move is. Flight ticket prices have doubled, everything is closed and not accessible, ” Greig and Wibowo offer in a joint email reply.

The couple has decided to stay put in Malaysia as it is too expensive to return to their home country in Canada. They are currently staying with a friend in KL.

“The average price to go back to Canada is between CAD$1,200 and CAD$2,000 (RM3,739 and RM6,232), compared to the normal CAD$600 and CAD$800 (RM1,870 and RM2,493).

“We can only get back home with multiple flight connections. There is a risk of being stranded somewhere else if connecting flights are cancelled.

“Besides, we feel safe here in Malaysia with the MCO taking place, ” they say in response to the decision to stay put.

Like Döscher, Greig and Wibowo have been posting videos of their holiday experience during the MCO period on their YouTube channel JetLag Warriors.

“We prefer to stay inside and be safe. Even though we miss travelling a lot, the MCO here is not too bad.

“Luckily we have a grocery store on the ground level of where we are. We are staying with our Malaysian friend so we have access to a kitchen which is awesome. He also happens to be a boxing coach, so we train with him every day.

“Our biggest challenge is staying connected as we find the data service quite slow in Malaysia, ” says the couple.

According to Greig and Wibowo, the coronavirus crisis has also greatly affected the budget for their long-term holiday.

“Our income comes from the travel and tourism industry. We have a YouTube channel that is all about travelling, and Ivana works remotely for a wellness company that runs retreats all over the world.

“So our finances are badly affected by the coronavirus. Luckily we have some savings we have put aside for emergency situations like this, ” they say.

The duo has been keeping their travel budget in check by cooking their own meals at home and avoiding ordering food from outside.

Finances aside, Greig and Wibowo are currently trying to get their visa extended so that they may plan their next move.

“We found very limited information about visa extension during or after MCO – on the process, what to bring, and even office hours, ” says the couple.

A quick check reveals that there’s a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section specifically on the MCO on the Immigration Department’s official website. However, some questions and responses are only available in Bahasa Malaysia.

The Immigration Department states that international visitors with expired or expiring passes during the MCO are allowed to return to their home countries.

Greig and Wibowo say the government should provide more information for stranded travellers.

“It would help us deal with the situation and plan our next move. And maybe (they would provide an) even longer grace period for expired visas since the immigration office would be busy and flights are still hard to get, ” they say.

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-18 12:58 | Report Abuse

Welcome to stay

When the MCO was announced, local travel operators only had a small window to prepare.

Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (MATTA) president Datuk Tan Kok Liang had then called the MCO “bold and decisive”, but criticised the lack of clarification for tourists caught in transition.

“Guests cannot be expected to proceed to the airport and catch the next flight home as easily as commuters taking a train home after work.

“Also, mechanisms must be in place to prevent or reduce unnecessary hardships to the rakyat as well as remaining tourists still holidaying in Malaysia, ” he says.

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-18 12:58 | Report Abuse

Since then, Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri has clarified that tourists are welcomed to continue their stay in the country throughout the MCO, but they must follow the rules and restrictions placed by the authorities.

“Tourists are better off staying put where they are because it is safer that way. Once you go out elsewhere, you never know what the risks are out there, ” Nancy says, when contacted.

“You might be in contact with the virus or you might even spread it around. The best thing to do is just to stay in your room, ” she says, adding that sightseeing can only continue once it is safe to do so.

In addition to the cancellation of the Visit Malaysia 2020 (VM2020) campaign, all tourism facilities under the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry will be closed until the end of the month.

These include several popular tourist attractions in the Klang Valley, namely the National Art Gallery, National Library and Muzium Negara.

Döscher hopes that he will be able to visit some popular tourist attractions in the country once it is safe to do so. As a matter of fact, that is one of the reasons he is staying on.

“I would really love to explore and get to know KL and potentially more of the country when all of this is finished. But of course, that is not a priority for me at the moment. It is more important that everyone here stays healthy, ” he explains.

As for Greig and Wibowo, there’s no other place they would rather be during the Covid-19 crisis.

“We feel lucky that we are stranded here in KL and not somewhere else. We got everything we need here... groceries, food and even beer!”

Posted by MoneyMaker168 > 2020-06-18 12:58 | Report Abuse

How can a person who has overstayed his/her visa as the result of government decision be classed as illegal

AndyChin77

107 posts

Posted by AndyChin77 > 2020-06-18 12:59 | Report Abuse

MoneyMaker168 ,They indeed "overstayed"....but Immigration laws have not taken into account MCO and Covid-19...it is unprecedented and so perhaps immigration laws are not able to deal with it. Immigration officers need to make an ad hoc decision not to detain these tourists but provide an automatic conditional extension to their visas...

GothicRock

117 posts

Posted by GothicRock > 2020-06-18 12:59 | Report Abuse

Guys...There should be an avenue for on line visit pass extension in view of covid19 like those with family members who may act as guarantors for them to extend their stay here.

I cannot fathom we have such heartless government officers in this country.

Posted by FortunerLiew > 2020-06-18 13:00 | Report Abuse

just sue the immigration

Posted by RangeRover222 > 2020-06-18 13:00 | Report Abuse

It’s cruel to treat tourists stranded due to genuine reasons similar to illegal immigrants.

Posted by QueenElizebeth IV > 2020-06-18 13:01 | Report Abuse

Very good decision by the Immigration, right? Ha ha

Kenny Chua

206 posts

Posted by Kenny Chua > 2020-06-18 13:02 | Report Abuse

where is the DG now when you needed him the most? Damn disappointing. Someone cares to highlight how these tourist live in the cramp detention for the last few month? How come the white westerners were not caught and sent in? Am sure there are dozens who are stranded too. Black lives no matter?

Posted by QueenElizebeth IV > 2020-06-18 13:02 | Report Abuse

This is shameful.... Malaysia will be internationally famous for doing this!

Posted by ChineseKungFuMaster > 2020-06-18 13:02 | Report Abuse

Even at a time like this, our authorities cannot evolve to meet the situation. As a result, untold miseries are inflicted on many people unnecessarily. What do they expect those trapped in the situation not of their own doing to do? This is the sad story of Malaysia, no one seem to be in charge and those empowered are more interested to flex their muscle than to solve problems.

Posted by LOVE IS IN THE AIR..... > 2020-06-18 13:03 | Report Abuse

First, we ban our MM2H residents from returning during the 2 months MCO, then now we lock up some of our visitors who did not overstayed on their own accord.

What kind of hospitality is this when we ask for their money in good times but abandon them in bad times.

Posted by traderstrades > 2020-06-18 13:03 | Report Abuse

This same kind of thinking prevails in the Civil Service. They are not paid to think. Everyone who overstays, according to their book, is an illegal no matter what the prevailing circumstance. Just go to any public counter of any the government department. Those manning the counter are rude, insulting and inefficient with dealing with the public’s problem. They forget that they are there to help the Rakyat and not punish them for having problems.

Posted by WellingtonSky > 2020-06-18 13:04 | Report Abuse

traderstrades, These counter staff and their bosses often forget the source of funds paying their salary. Very often they behave in an arrogant manner and abuse their power with impunity. They are protected by their higher-ups while the aggrieved public are often at their mercy.

Zoologist

142 posts

Posted by Zoologist > 2020-06-18 13:04 | Report Abuse

Damn ! While KKM showing to be the cream of best Govt services provided, other depts are showing otherwise !

Posted by MoneyMachineMaker发发发 > 2020-06-18 13:05 | Report Abuse

"Despite documentary evidence showing otherwise, Immigration DG Khairul Dzaimee said all in immigration detainees are undocumented or they entered the country before January 2020.

Earlier, the National Security Council said no action would be taken against tourists overstaying their visas during the MCO period."

There can only be one truth.
But, of course we are in Bolehland where there are many truths.

But to those heartless and cruel officers involved, please remember these immigration detainees did not overstay their visa on purpose - they were caught up with the MCO and the cancellation of flights!!

Posted by gooddaymate > 2020-06-18 13:07 | Report Abuse

Good day mates, It is appalling.... I am an Australian passport holder- and we generally get 90 days on arrival in Malaysia- I have been coming here for 20 years, often. I was about to get married to my Malaysian wife in March (registration postponed by JPN due to lockdown). We have been together for many years, finally got married in June, after lockdown, but a spousal visa can not be applied for before 6 months' of marriage (which is inhumane also, in my book- does that mean a newly wed must leave his spouse/family behind ??).

I also have had a job offer, which secures/generates 24 immediate jobs (in turn generating many downstream jobs) for Malaysians and considerable local investment.The employer applied for the expat workers visa before lockdown, however the application had lapsed in the system during MCO and needs to be 're-loaded'- which I have been told for weeks will happen 'next week' via the immigration agent. I tried to make an appointment to see Immigration, but they are too busy to provide a slot- it seems and are booked out till August-no confirmation email yet.

Of course it will be inhumane and cruel to seperate my wife from myself, as if I am a criminal, or afflict that any tourist for that matter- already here. It makes no sense to force tourists into closed quarters with others because of a black swan event, they could not for see. On top of that, no flights exist going back to Perth ( my residential city prior to marriage) if I search 400 airlines for the foreseeable future-possibly up to next year.

I also love Malaysia (I kept donating blood for instance during this time to keep people alive- with blood stocks were very low). I love the friendly Malaysian people and do not wish to be detained or deported or have the local jobs lost or uproot my family exposing them to a higher risk of contraction of the virus being on a plane or in quarantine on arrival, with no prospect of returning in the short term.

If countries can take in refugees and asylum seekers, why could Malaysian Immigration not grant clemency to healthy visitors/spouses or investors that are already in some way, investing here. These visa's or the right to stay, will have to be extended on a blanket basis until the world is normal again, or you will see people being reluctant to return ever again, let alone invest and may disinvest from the country completely.

A pandemic is tough enough, manage the virus- don't punish the countries benefactors.

Come Kawan..write in and help your fellow human beings haa...Yikes

Posted by FantasticBeast > 2020-06-18 13:08 | Report Abuse

When do these people learn? You are not welcome in Malaysia. Its safer for you to visit Iraq or iran

Why you guys so silly and keep coming to Malaysia

Posted by XmenOrigin > 2020-06-18 13:08 | Report Abuse

"Overstayed" due to MCO imposed by the government, and you detain them. What the heck ! Why not provide an extension to their visas - the obvious thing to do ?

Posted by SweetiePie > 2020-06-18 13:08 | Report Abuse

So callous. Overstayed is the reason given. Why preach visit malaysia if the attitude of these frontlines are like this?

Posted by Zillionaire > 2020-06-18 13:09 | Report Abuse

Don't forget what type of government is running the country right now.

Posted by RAMPAGE GODLIKE ! > 2020-06-18 13:09 | Report Abuse

The immigration and police officers involved are at fault. They must be punished severely.

(1) They had valid entry visas, (2) had entered just before MCO, (3) had return tickets, and (4) the gov had publicly announced they would extend visas due to MCO, (5) they had tested negative for virus before being taken in, (6) had medical needs that relatives had raised to the officers, (7) their family and friends had not been given proper assistance and info even after their death.

Posted by RevenueQueeN > 2020-06-18 13:10 | Report Abuse

Its lunch time...........

Elaine Tan

425 posts

Posted by Elaine Tan > 2020-06-18 13:10 | Report Abuse

yohooooo RevenueQueeN ! Enjoy your lunch ya

Posted by RevenueQueeN > 2020-06-18 13:11 | Report Abuse

Same there lovely Elaine Tan

FancyMe

174 posts

Posted by FancyMe > 2020-06-18 13:13 | Report Abuse

Implement a modified universal basic income scheme urgently

We cannot let those who are laid off and their families go hungry or be unable to avail of the healthcare they need!

Liew Chin Tong, a good friend of mine, is one on the very few Pakatan Harapan leaders who is turning his mind to the economic challenges the country will be facing for the remainder of 2020.

In his opinion piece in Malaysiakini on 12 May 2020 “A post-Covid 19 economic agenda for Malays”, Liew identifies the various sectors of the global economy that will be affected adversely by the Covid-19 pandemic and the impact this will have on Malaysia. He surmises, correctly, that unemployment will be a huge problem in Malaysia, but then goes on to suggest a solution that is somewhat off the mark.

Liew’s suggested solution is to “create jobs that pay decently. Everything else flows from here. All other objectives should be subjected to this primary objective. The creation of decently paid jobs should be front and centre as far as economic discourse is concerned.”

I disagree. Job creation is of course an important objective and most of Liew’s 10 suggestions to create jobs have their merits and should be explored within the limits of our financial capacity.

But we have to be realistic. We are not going to be able to create enough jobs for the two or three million people who are going to lose their jobs in the next few months. These will include workers employed in aviation, the airports, hotels, the tourism sector, workers in factories whose overseas orders have been slashed, Malaysians working abroad who return to Malaysia because they have lost their jobs, construction sector workers, oil and gas sector workers and helpers in night bazaars that have either closed or downsized because of the need for social distancing.

While the creation of well-paying alternative jobs is a valid long-term goal, the primary objective currently should be to ensure that no family is left without an income sufficient to procure the essentials – food, shelter, basic utilities and healthcare – during this recessionary period. Other needs may be postponed but the above four cannot be, and we have to, as a society, ensure that every family has the means to get the essentials. We cannot compromise on this.

The best way of ensuring that no family is short on food is by implementing a modified universal basic income scheme or UBI, which would pay RM1,000 monthly to the households listed in the Bantuan Prihatin Negara (National Caring Assistance) scheme which meet the eligibility criteria.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz