ECO WORLD DEVELOPMENT GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ECOWLD (8206)

-0.08 (4.52%)

1.69 - 1.76

24 people like this.

18,587 comment(s). Last comment by Aati99 2 days ago

ethan106

87 posts

Posted by ethan106 > 2014-01-07 10:01 | Report Abuse

tis stock will shoot!
if nt bcos all my money in sgx...i will all in to this stock.
yea asamlaksa...haut ar!!!

kingleecha

Posted by kingleecha > 2014-01-07 10:08 | Report Abuse

Anyway, only the buildings of ECOWLD amaze me! Really amazing and creative! Want to buy ECOWLD, but the PE too high already..sad..cannot buy it. :)

kingleecha

Posted by kingleecha > 2014-01-07 10:09 | Report Abuse

ethan, how you trade in SGX? Please share.

ethan106

87 posts

Posted by ethan106 > 2014-01-07 10:14 | Report Abuse

i am malaysian n working in singapore.
just open a trading acc in dbs vickers to trade

Posted by Tsw Wang > 2014-01-07 10:35 | Report Abuse

I think this counter will up again after t+3 (Friday),but what i worry is bursa will impose it as a designated counter.

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-07 12:19 | Report Abuse

sayang betul. macam sudah kena AIDS

limayseng

2,076 posts

Posted by limayseng > 2014-01-07 12:26 | Report Abuse

if test the Spsetia 's price will be considered fairer and equitable but not anything above where spsetia is more established by 15-17 yrs if not mistaken ? A person's prestige does not mean much but team effort is .

Bobby31

585 posts

Posted by Bobby31 > 2014-01-07 13:50 | Report Abuse

Hot potato soon people ....remember as long as no LAND BANK no development regardless even if the Kings sit in the Board .....so what injection are they having .....better inject your pocket now when you have the chance ...MATRIX a better bet as they are focus and seremban and Kellogs is already building it's facility there

kelvinongbk

1,076 posts

Posted by kelvinongbk > 2014-01-07 17:03 | Report Abuse

If the news of the land injection happens...do you still think you can get a current price?

limayseng

2,076 posts

Posted by limayseng > 2014-01-07 17:12 | Report Abuse

Do u think that still logical that they will inject more assets into focal when their holdings are only 35 % not 65 % as initially planned ? Only fools will do that . They can easily set up another vehicle like JV company to undertake the expansion needed and bypass the Eco world in total.

07/01/2014 17:12

kelvinongbk

1,076 posts

Posted by kelvinongbk > 2014-01-07 17:14 | Report Abuse

Time will tell on what will happen...

Posted by InvestGain > 2014-01-07 17:16 | Report Abuse

Do some research yourself and you can easily find that they had bought a staggering 1,214ha in Johor and Kuala Lumpur for more than RM600 million. The gross development value of this landbank is estimated at RM30 billion, eclipsing that of some established listed entities'.

Anyway, after UMA it is still uptrend but in a more stable and slow manner as minus speculators. Would still definitely say it is a good counter to invest especially after today performance right after UMA.

*Buy at own wisdom as I merely gave opinion only*

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-07 17:22 | Report Abuse

@Bobby31 - No Land Bank? What is the reason of buying Focal?
Ecoworld already own 1,214ha land.
No development? Just visit Ecoworld website and see. Net profit already increase 300% percent without Liew.
Matrix is also good definitely and I own thier shares but nothing compare with Ecoworld until you read their plan.

Do you think Liew is leaving without any planning? He already started this at least more than a year.

Today price close at 4.47 and see strong support at the beginning. I think a lot of people are still observing today and stay in the side line. When people calm down, the volume will be back and heading again to RM5 like yesterday if it was not spoiled by UMA.

Posted by InvestGain > 2014-01-07 17:23 | Report Abuse

Btw, I am a long term investor. If this counter has a 2-3% uptrend everyday, what can I ask more? You dont suppose to expect a 10-20% gain everyday, do you?

kelvinongbk

1,076 posts

Posted by kelvinongbk > 2014-01-07 17:24 | Report Abuse

What do you think is the TP for this share Chinesetea? will it be simliar trend as Dsonic? up up up and split...hehe

kelvinongbk

1,076 posts

Posted by kelvinongbk > 2014-01-07 17:25 | Report Abuse

I prefer the volumes in play to be low like Dsonic previously...now Dsonic have too many players...hard to move the price...

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-07 17:36 | Report Abuse

Bursa UMA sini UMA sana. adakah ini betul betul akan membantu pelabur? sesiapa yg beli saham, dia tanggung sendiri. tiada siapa dipaksa untuk beli. Tapi Bursa rasa nak jadi hero kononnya nak protect pelabur.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2014-01-07 17:43 | Report Abuse

tiuniasing! lu betul betul ingat bursuk mao protect investor ka. itu jibai jealous la. sabo

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-07 17:50 | Report Abuse

Bursa claimed to "protect" investors. But honestly who is the institution that monitor Bursa ? Where is the evident that Ecoworld is actually "Unusual" ?? MKH warrant gains 30% limit up but no UMA ??
Any dark side behind the Bursa agenda ??

Anyway, the price still rock solid despite the UMA.
Is this counter as fragile as commented by those bashers ??
Who's actually supporting the current price. Speculators (again) ? Or farsightedness investors ??

You decide.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2014-01-07 17:53 | Report Abuse

bursuk suka main orang belakang. semua retailer baru naik itu ecobus. dia kasi crash. manyak casualties. bursuk beli murah loh tunggu liew restart engine. tns. always like that. ini macam protect investor kah, ini macam siapa mao main? naik uma, turn 10 hari taklak uma. uma uma tiu niama.

Posted by Por Soon Keong > 2014-01-07 17:54 | Report Abuse

Based on 250M share and RM1 par value. The price still can grow higher if apply similar trend as Dsonic. Keep for 6 months, will be handsomely reward.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-07 18:21 | Report Abuse

We all know that in our lovely country.. Many bodies are set up to "protect public's interest" .. Cakap je sedap dengar.. Protect own interest ada la.. Tengok news pun banyak double standard.. Cakap hebat.. Do work double standard..

kelvinongbk

1,076 posts

Posted by kelvinongbk > 2014-01-07 18:22 | Report Abuse

Seeing mirror of Dsonic before split with this share...hopefullly split in a couple of months

thlim123

848 posts

Posted by thlim123 > 2014-01-07 18:37 | Report Abuse

Bursa dint get fair share, that's why issue uma... Hahaha

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-07 18:39 | Report Abuse

(吉隆坡6日讯)ECOWLD(ECOWLD,8206,主板产业股)表示,该公司正检视旗下业务,并可能会额外收购地库或发展项目,而卖方或许包括第三方、大股东及与大股东相关人士。
ECOWLD今日回应大马交易所发出“不寻常市场活动”(UMA)质询时,作出以上披露。
ECOWLD也说,董事部仍未就任何企业建议书作出决定,但有关业务检视活动是属于未来计划的部分。
该公司表示,媒体对于公司未来发展有诸多说法及传言,包括短期内或注入资产。
股价逆转下跌
ECOWLD强调,目前并未就任何企业建议作出决定,大股东和董事部对于带动近期交易活动的原因并不知情。
ECOWLD因股票在近期价量齐升,今天遭大马交易所发出“不寻常市场活动”(UMA)质询,过后股价顿时逆转下跌。
ECOWLD股价在今早一度攀升至4.85令吉,在接到马交所质询后,下午即回吐涨幅,并在下午4时20分左右逆转下跌。
今日闭市,该股以4.36令吉作收,跌3仙或0.68%,总成交量达602万1000股。
根据马交所数据,该股自上周起表现异常亮眼,继周一以3.66令吉收高后,周二起继续报捷,盘中更一度创下每股4.44令吉,刷新52周新高记录。
该股的52周新低为每股30.5仙,这意味着过去1年,其涨幅高达13.56倍。
丑小鸭变成天鹅
ECOWLD在上个月23日易名前(前称FOCAL,富阁苑),因新大股东刘添雄顶着实达集团(SPSETIA,8664,主板产业股)总裁兼总执行长丹斯里刘启盛长子的光环,股价稳步上扬。
去年9月中,EcoWorld发展有限公司与刘添雄,以每股1.40令吉或总值2亿3068万令吉,收购富阁苑的65.05%股权。
此前,该股价仍不到1令吉,但自新大股东入主后,该公司的前景备获唱好,因为EcoWorld累积了3000英亩土地,总发展价值高达300亿令吉,分布在槟城、巴生谷和柔佛。
因此,该股成功在短短3个月内,从丑小鸭变成天鹅,股价突破3令吉水平。

http://www.nanyang.com/node/591035?tid=462

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-07 19:37 | Report Abuse

@Kelvin, I don't want to put my TP here until I understand what's the 5b injection and their business plan and confirm what they are going to do with the 3000 acres land. Will it be like Dsonic, I already commented this earlier. But I think this will excel dsonic at some point in the future, DSonic's business has to be based on contract from government which is a good stable income but at the same time it is also its limitation unless it diversify a bit more to other area like CCTV. For Ecoworld, as long as there is land available and people still making babies and buying property, then the business will grow and I don't see any limit. The downside of property stock is that it can be affected by economy any time. I suggest you to buy this only if you can hold this for long term and perhaps wait for the report from research house.

The free float is low and I am sure Liew has learned the lesson and will hold majority shares very tightly to avoid being take over. I am sure the price can move quickly if that's the case.

What I am hoping for Ecoworld is that it will expand its business beyond Malaysia as they have the experience people that work on Battersea project. I can tell you it's an excellent achievement as Battersea powerstation was left empty for quite sometime. If it can deliver it and I am sure it can repeat the same success elsewhere. What I am concern about EcoWorld is that there might be jealousy from other camp and do something nasty to damage this counter. You know how dirty politics can be in Malaysia. At the sametime, based on the quick response to UMA yesterday and strong support this morning, I think it's a matter of time before it shines.

Do your own research and don't rely on others so that when the price is fluctuated you know where you stand instead of panic selling and if you are comfortable with the risk then go ahead. For those that has doubt on this counter, I suggest wait for the valuation report out by research house and make your own judgement. Of course you may already miss the boat.

*Buy at your own risk*.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-08 01:12 | Report Abuse

This is old news but I paste here for those that are in doubt about the value of this company.

Eco World plans RM30bil projects

Eco World Development Sdn Bhd, a company set up by former directors and executives of S P Setia Bhd, is looking to launch projects with a gross development value (GDV) of RM30bil on 1,214ha of land.

Chief executive officer Datuk Chang Khim Wah said that at present, it was focusing on the Klang Valley, Johor and Penang.

“Up next, we would have two projects in Penang, two in the Klang Valley and four in the Iskandar region,” he told StarBiz.

On how the company managed to secure such a huge tract of land since it is a relatively new company, he attributed it to its major shareholders, Datuk Eddie Leong Kok Wah and Tan Sri Abdul Rashid Abdul Manaf, who have been in the industry for some time now.

In terms of land size, Eco World has 5.26ha in Air Itam, Penang Island; 24.28ha in Seberang Prai, Penang; 433ha in Semenyih, Selangor; 497.76ha in Tebrau, Johor; and 154.99ha in Senai, Johor.

Two of the projects to be first launched by the budding developer is a 109.27ha township development known as EcoBotanic in Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia, and a 4.05ha integrated mixed-use development known as EcoSky along Jalan Ipoh.

EcoBotanic, with a GDV of RM3bil, will be launched on Sept 22 and will comprise cluster homes and semi-detached houses.

One of the features of EcoBotanic is the preservation of the land’s original façade. Some 70% of the trees on the site have been preserved, with the development being built around them.

“We conserve most of the trees and retain the waterways. At the same time, we incorporate modern designs to the houses,” Chang said.

The house prices, which are estimated to begin from RM900,000 per unit for cluster units and RM1.6mil for semi-detached houses, all come gated and guarded besides offering infrastructure such as parks and Internet connection.

Meanwhile, the RM1.2bil EcoSky sits on a site bought from DRB-Hicom Bhd in April for RM69.92mil.

The mixed development will consist of 36 retail units and 940 high-rise residentials, with sizes measuring from 861 to 1,227 sq ft. Chang estimates the selling price for the units to range from RM600 to RM650 per sq ft.

According to him, 24% of the land would be reserved as green spaces and Eco World would also build a covered walkway to the commuter rail stations nearby. Interestingly, the company will arrange the leasing for the shop-owners after selling the commercial lots so as to have better control of the tenant mix.

“As there would only be limited units of shops, we want to do it as a balancing act so that we would have the right restaurants, banks and businesses,” he said, adding that if the tenant mix was done right, shop-owners would be able to secure above-average returns.

He, however, noted that Eco World would not be offering rental guarantees, and that the arrangement was an agreement with the owners of the commercial properties to give them the authority to choose the tenants.

The company had earlier on bought land totalling 249.4ha from DRB-Hicom for RM605mil. The other 248.39ha tract is situated in Tebrau, Johor.

Chang said the developer’s theme was “Creating Tomorrow and Beyond”, which would be achieved by incorporating eco elements into its products.

He said the launch of its EcoBotanic and EcoSky gallery, scheduled for Sept 22, would signify the birth of Eco World.

Separately, the company has inked a letter of intent with Salcon Bhd’s subsidiary to manage a mixed development that consists of a five-storey shopping complex and apartments.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-08 07:57 | Report Abuse

Great sharing by chinesetea. Regarding the all sold out status of their projects kindly refer to my previous posts.

Ecoworld will be the best fundamental counter in 2016, or even earlier. Give them years, not months, not days, not hours.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-08 15:12 | Report Abuse

I am thinking who they are going to take over next after fail the talk with UOA. Are they owning 35 or 65% of focal? If they only have 35, they may bring in another company, I think.

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-08 17:03 | Report Abuse

harga sudah stabil. bagus la

Posted by ngchinwoei > 2014-01-08 17:15 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, i heard of the rumors they want to take over UOA, but after all no more news. Which article or news got mention the deal break down?

Posted by iafx > 2014-01-08 17:21 | Report Abuse

uoa mgmt is highly capable, no less than big liew mgmt. ecoworld will have to pay sky price if insist going forward... better don't :D

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-08 19:00 | Report Abuse

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/uoa-development-denies-takeover-speculation-bernama

I am not 100% percent sure. It may not fail completely but probably still in the talk. I thought it may fail initially since they issue a denial above.

http://www.hckcapital.com/index.php/en/publications/20-pub1/139-liew-kee-sin-s-master-stroke

Anyway, a lot of people included myself don't know that they may take over another company until I read above news.

No matter what it buys, it will become a huge giant that will over take SP Setia.
Focal Aims+Ecoworld + (UAO or Brem?) That will be a fantastic catalyst to push the price further up.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-08 19:02 | Report Abuse

Chinesetea, for your information it's a firm 65%. 35% owned by Liew Tian Xiong, 30% owned by Eco World Development Holdings Sdn Bhd. They brought the 65% of Focal Aims shares on 17 Sep.

On 1st Oct they wish to acquire all the remaining shares in Focal but rejected by almost ALL shareholders. Instead the price inflated.

After failing to take over on 15 Nov they proposed to change name of focal into Ecoworld. On 18 Dec it was successfully to transformed into the current Ecoworld Development Group Bhd.

* The hint behind the name transformation: Since they failed to take over the remaining shares, they are serious with the listing status. They want to be a serious player in listed real estate industry. They changed into a new name, new concept : Eco World development. If they are serious, we must not main main with their shares.
Why not Eco Malaysia but Eco WORLD ?? You will be answered after ten years.

(P.S: Seriously i hate the name of Focal Aims so much, that's why I bought only after they changed into Ecoworld)

I have attached in the image link below the shareholdings summary of Ecoworld. Note the public holding is merely 4% (12,442,445 shares). Your VIP Gold tickets are much more expensive than anything else.

I'm preety sure those bought lower than RM3 gone profit taking long times ago.
20% profit tak mau meh ? 100% profit still don't wish to take profit ar ??
So the current price can be considered as stable. This explains why the panicked drop on 6th only vomits back what they ate in the morning, but never visits back RM4 as I wish. In conclusion you are in the rather high margin of safety.

Hold your tickets for years to maximise your return. After few years, feel proud to tell other investors: I have made 300% return in Ecoworld.

Image Link: http://imgur.com/WvxKBRB
(Captured via itradeCIMB Capital IQ Analysis)

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-08 19:27 | Report Abuse

asamlaksa, Thanks for your detail info. Bonus or split are highly likely in this case. They will push the price up first and use the share equity to fund the purchase more land.

ethan106

87 posts

Posted by ethan106 > 2014-01-09 13:32 | Report Abuse

wat happened to tis stock?

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-09 13:57 | Report Abuse

semua ok mah. 5.49 sekarang. apa problem ada? tak ada lah. semua steady. kalau dia turun bawah 5.00 baru kira ada problem.

Posted by saddiqsepakraga > 2014-01-09 14:17 | Report Abuse

tewnama, wow...5.49.....aku kaya already !!!!!

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-09 14:20 | Report Abuse

best kan. I tahu u beli pada harga 0.80. jgn berlagak lagak lah bro

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-09 14:38 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/ecoworld3/44598.jsp now we know the rough value from maybank TP/values . Be quick to grab !!!!

Posted by Tsw Wang > 2014-01-09 14:43 | Report Abuse

after T3 most likely it will uptrend again.

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-09 14:43 | Report Abuse

tak berapa paham lah apa maybank cakap. mungkin England I tak bagus

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-09 14:53 | Report Abuse

RNAV is very close to how much the price is and normally some discount is applied. For example rnav 1.66 can be priced at 1.4. Now injection 3.74 will add value significantly to the price. iIn simple terms limit up!!!!

ethan106

87 posts

Posted by ethan106 > 2014-01-09 14:54 | Report Abuse

damn cheap n potential stock!

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-09 14:55 | Report Abuse

walau pun masih tak berapa paham. tapi i boleh rasa itu good news. tq bro

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-09 15:08 | Report Abuse

Saya beli banyak pagi ini. Harga murah, under value,akan naik, cepat beli, faham?

Posted by InvestGain > 2014-01-09 15:19 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, when was the article published by Maybank Research and where can I find the original link?

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-09 15:23 | Report Abuse

Still in draft.

Posted by InvestGain > 2014-01-09 15:28 | Report Abuse

Still in draft means? as the date was 8 Jan 2014. Thanks!