BUMI ARMADA BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ARMADA (5210)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (0.88%)

Day's Change

0.575 - 0.585

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

71,633 comment(s). Last comment by TimCoke 2 hours ago

Posted by Gabriel Khoo > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Bab did not reach a final agreement on the cameia fpso contract despite being chosen as the preferred bidder
Disappointed but prudent not to move forward on the project because costs and risks were high and potential returns low

I think is a good move

Opportunities in 2024 are excellent. Multiple fpso projects are available but we prudent and projects need strong commercial fundamental.

True.

Iccsc membership for indo ccs market

Posted by Robert Waters > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I just returned from a regasification terminal where I spent 2 months this year. This terminal is now installing a liquefaction train. There are many such conversion projects in the USA. Bumi Armada seem to be out of sync with the times. There is much more profit to be made on the liquefaction side of things. Little point of expanding regasification which is very simple - just a tank and a vaporizer that can be done by air and sun (it is a big column with many fins that collect heat without any power needed).
LNG project would be viable on the client side of value chain as demand is high, not sure about upstream part as installation may be pricey.

vespa

823 posts

Posted by vespa > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Fat paypacket and promises

nikicheong

2,370 posts

Posted by nikicheong > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Uniper's Grain Power Plant FCSIU is incoming. It's in the annual report. Not sure when though, could still be year(s) away.

Nik. What would be the contract value for this type oF PROJECT

nikicheong

2,370 posts

Posted by nikicheong > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Not sure, but I reckon it'd be relatively small. Not as lucrative as a FPSO contract for sure. Maybe something like the LNG FSU in Malta that they have.

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

elastic energy is nearing its maximum potential and poised to rebound...

Ninja _07

495 posts

Posted by Ninja _07 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Wow... downfall today...!

vespa

823 posts

Posted by vespa > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Investors have little stock in promises

vespa

823 posts

In the shorter term, in the absence of growth, Bumi ought to declare a dividend to reward shareholders for their enduring patience

Posted by Robert Waters > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Greedy Gary fails again. This guy has no business sense. He chases latest fads. He disposed of OSV part of the business, which is blooming now. For example, Icon offshore went up 150% in the past year. Yinson bought them out. See post below...
Yinson boss {Lim} is a season businessmen with an excellent track record. Paying MYR 173 million to Ekuinas for the 50.2% stake in Icon {using Liannex as his investment arm} maybe just the beginning. Liannex, Yinson and Icon all have their niche in marine logistics and engineering. Certainly Yinson boss{Lim} have plans for Icon. You don't paid 174 million just for the sake to acquire a company. Something big must be brewing in his mind

vespa

823 posts

we have a dud in our portfolio

rohank71

840 posts

Posted by rohank71 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

below 58 is not good. will be a bear soon unless goes above 58. keep fingers crossed.

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Dropping below 58 may not be good for stockholders, but it presents a definite opportunity for those planning to buy

Posted by marlboroman2 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

nibble at the stocks and buy to hold (next qtrly results are coming soon, hopefully good, all at own risk though)

vespa

823 posts

Posted by vespa > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

hope you are right pal, only real positive is the cashflow yield for now

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

wow, really curious to know who is the one buying so much just now

nikicheong

2,370 posts

Posted by nikicheong > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Gary's greed knows no bounds. He's issuing more shares for himself, at the expense of all other shareholders.

Posted by Gabriel Khoo > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

He just exercise the shares approved by the Board including PNB. So nothing to bother.

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

0.57 last chance to enter

Posted by ProtocolSix > 20 hours ago | Report Abuse

Bumi Armada Berhad, an opinion on financial and technical analyses:

FA
- YoY growth +2.97% (okay-ish)
- YoY net income -178.55% (not great, red flag)
- RoE 6% (just meh)

TA
- Below 50MA, having breached the previous support of 0.580
- Stale day-to-day volume, at most ranging 12-17M (last rally to 0.630 peaked at 60M), which is good for me because I know the sellers are getting tired of pushing down the prices further
- (Cont.) float percentage of shares is 55% - the lower the % figure, the lesser amount of volume needed to push the price upwards
- (Cont.) so in other words, if you see Bumi reaching 20M shares and above, you might want to peel your eyes and monitor price action
- ATR% multiple from MA is -0.2, signaling a possible bottom (>7.0 is peak price based on algo)

So what I learned from these analyses is:
- YoY net income is an ugly sight for investors
- Next QR must be a positive % for a rally
- If there is a rally before the QR announcement obviously the insiders are aware of the figures
- 0.560-0.580 is the cushion for support
- Any news is just bonus (FPSO, Brent CO, etc.), I trust the figures, I think in probability and I respect risk management
- TAYOR and good luck

Posted by Robert Waters > 19 hours ago | Report Abuse

Greedy Gary got himself 5 million shares. It is outrageous, as the management got 60k. Look at the official anouncement on this site.
Someone needs to ask him about it in the annual meeting. The guy simply cannot control his greed and lost all the shame. So no shame in asking.

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 11 hours ago | Report Abuse

You are right, the rally is coming, post 570

rohank71

840 posts

Posted by rohank71 > 11 hours ago | Report Abuse

time to buy back at 58?

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 10 hours ago | Report Abuse

i see some people buying a lot, no wrong d, can go ahead

rohank71

840 posts

Posted by rohank71 > 9 hours ago | Report Abuse

I also believe 1Q2024 profit may be the best ever... remember last Q the numbers were the best but got hit by a crazy accounting write down... as long as no surprises this Q1 may surpass even Q4 profit w/out write down as interest and depreciation cost would be lower.

rohank71

840 posts

Posted by rohank71 > 9 hours ago | Report Abuse

and to add Greedy Gary has 40M shares with him which he may now work harder to sell his shares...

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 7 hours ago | Report Abuse

may be the write down was the 1st episode, and the following one is coming, press harder fly higher ma. If i were the garyzai, of couse i will sell but not now, may be after a rocketing event? look at those buying a significant amount, then know d lol

vespa

823 posts

Posted by vespa > 6 hours ago | Report Abuse

net short now at 11mil ; encouraging

nikicheong

2,370 posts

Posted by nikicheong > 5 hours ago | Report Abuse

I hope Gary doesn't take our needling to heart. However, the fact remains Bumi Armada is unable to secure new business. If so, the best course of action would be to downsize the staff and remove the fluff - just focus on the core operations. We'd be in for a windfall if they switched focus.

TimCoke

135 posts

Posted by TimCoke > 2 hours ago | Report Abuse

no worry, its under control

Post a Comment