MPHB Capital Berhad

KLSE (MYR): MPHBCAP (5237)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.01 (0.63%)

Day's Change

1.57 - 1.58

Trading Volume

12 people like this.

3,895 comment(s). Last comment by goh555 1 day ago

Sslee

5,775 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Bursa, SC and MSWG will not take any actions or cannot take any action as long as no law was broken in the SCR or any corporate exercise.

So good luck if you reject the SCR, it will remain listed and the market price will be determined by Mr. Market

zildjian

32 posts

Posted by zildjian > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@Johnzhang the “roaring kitty” 😱

TheContrarian

9,171 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Dear John, I suggest you start an email account and ask those who wants to fight for a higher price to contact your email. From there you can gather whether you have sufficient bargaining power of 40 million shares.

Posted by glxlonline88 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@johnzhang
Here are 2 shareholders with more than 1/2million shares.

Bimmer

2 posts

Posted by Bimmer > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

I have 0.92 mil shares. John, I’m with you

TheContrarian

9,171 posts

Dear John, do start early and gather them and tally the number of shares you all collectively hold. If 40 million then you can write to Surin and request for a higher price but be reasonable.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@gixlonline88
@Bimmer,
Thanks for your support. I have started initial conversation with MWSG on our plight and informed them that many dissatisfied minorities including myself need a neutral platform to facilitate a unified communication with the Board and Offerer on our stand (ultimately for an improved price). If MWSG , a neutral organization, can agree to it , most minorities will have no problem to declare actual name and actual shareholding as these information is needed in the presentation to the offerer.
Just hang on there until you hear further from me . We will have enough time to act after knowing what the Board decides on the SCR proposal on the table .

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Any other dissatisfied minority shareholder who is interested to participate may indicate they shareholding here like some have done so . Do not reveal your actual identity here . From here I can tabulate the rough numbers to know how far we can go .

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

@TheContrarian, thank for your suggestion. I think it is unfair to ask anyone to place trust on a stranger like me especially when it involves providing actual name and shareholding which will eventually needed to present our case to the offerer. For this reason, I am requesting MWSG to play this central role . I suppose all dissatisfied shareholders have no problem to provide such private information DIRECTLY to MSWG. Hope I can get thru’ this with MSWG. Things may move faster upon my return from Europe on 18th June . We will have sufficient time to do the necessary.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

To gauge dissatisfied minorities shareholding:
Johnzhang group : 21m
ajleat : 1 m
glxlonline88. : 0.5 m
Simmer. ; 0.92 m
Opportunate ; a couple of million ( can you indicate the number ?)
Kaya Toast ?
Silemak?
Pls provide numbers only if you feel comfortable . Anyway , your true identify is not revealed here .
There are many silent Minority out there !

Silemak

95 posts

Posted by Silemak > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Silemak 120,000shares

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Posted by dompeilee > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

I wonder why ppl even consider wasting their time with MWSG? Ever since the previous bosses Rita & her successor left in 2019, it's a toothless, useless organisation. They didn't lift a finger for Genting minorities(if not for such a large cap, diverse far-ranging shareholder profile, then why so for a low profile, low free float co?) in '19 despite my complaints to them & didn't reply when I wrote to them in '21 that certain companies were abusing the virtual AGM platforms to ignore shareholder questions. However, gd luck approaching Surin personally though I doubt he will raise his offer.

It's obvious that MWSh!tG is full of MAKAN GAJI lazy types sama2 macam many cap ayam local companies like POS M'sia etc.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

@dompeilee, I think people should not just give up trying just because you had a bitter experience.

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Go ahead & try...I support you guys & hope you prove me wrong. Anyway, I'm too busy analysing Japanese & US companies these days where transparency is much greater, managements actually pay attention to minorities without trying to shortchange them at every opportunity & takeovers [I've been involved in 7 of them in Japan myself] are regularly done at a significant premium to the past few years' price ranges...particularly memorable is the ¥3,400 takeover bid for my Sekonic shares at a time when the price was below ¥1,000 & my cost was ¥1,275. More recently, Teraoka Seisakusho was taken over for ¥564 when the mkt price was ¥350 & my cost was ¥380. Don't hold out hopes for a bid raise of more than 10-20c here!

Even SG which I don't hold a high opinion of in the offeror shortchanging department at least produced a fairly generous 40% premium bid for my Great Eastern shares by OCBC recently.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Poor minority investor like many of us can only stay in Bursa and try to find ways to get slightly fairer deal .
Some RICH investor can go round the world market to buy stocks all over.
Hahaha….😂

ajkeat

14 posts

Posted by ajkeat > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@dompeilee,i strongly support johnzhang initiative and effort to attempt getting help from MSWG,afterall, trying is better than just waiting to hell,besides, it does not lose anything except johnzhang effort and hardwork plus his time.perhaps those day you may have a bad experience with this body,however we have a change in government plus bursa also had personality changes and reshuffering within their set up,so lets see our concerted effort will work provided we have enough participation,so guys,please fill up the numbers as per johnzhang request to gauge our shareholding and support

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Maybank IB wishes to announce that, in accordance with paragraph 3.06 of the Rules on Take-overs, Mergers and Compulsory Acquisitions, the Board (save for the interested Directors, namely Tan Sri Dato’ Surin Upatkoon and Ivevei Upatkoon (collectively, “Interested Directors”) has appointed UOB Kay Hian Securities (M) Sdn Bhd to act as the Independent Adviser to provide comments, opinions, information and recommendation to the Board (save for the Interested Directors) and the disinterested shareholders of MPHB in respect of the Proposed SCR.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

UOB KH had an in-depth cover on Mphb capital before . Let’s see what they will say this time .

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

MPHB Capital a deep value stock
- 11 Aug, 2014
Source: The Star Online

KUALA LUMPUR: UOB Kay Hian Malaysia Research views MPHB Capital Bhd as a deep value stock set poised to benefit from the development of its under-appreciated landbank in the Klang Valley and Johor.

It said on Monday MPHB is a general insurance underwriter and is involved in property investments, with two hotels under the Flamingo brand.

The research house said MPHB’s proposed sale of a stake in its insurance subsidiary, Multi-Purpose Insurans (MPIB), could create opportunity for a significant capital management as early as 2015.

“We estimate MPIB would boost its cash level to RM540mil, if it is successful in the partial stake sale. MPHB has the option to pare down its stake further by as early as 2H15 to a minority stake, which paves the way for it to reward shareholders via capital management,” it said.

UOB Kay Hian Malaysia Research noted that this year, MPHB was unable to declare dividends despite having an estimated unencumbered cash of 36 sen a share due to contingent capital required under the Financial Services Act (FSA) which governs MPIB and its holding company.

On the proposed sale of MPIB, it said the long anticipated sale to a foreign multinational insurer was highly positive not only in providing synergistic benefits, but also opened the door for future capital management over the longer term.

“While this positive announcement has been largely discounted by the stock's 48% year-to-date advance, we expect MPHB to deliver more upside in the longer term, particularly in 2015 when more catalysts emerge.

“Maintain Buy. Our target price is RM2.69, based on a 20% discount to our sum-of-parts valuation of RM3.36 a share,” it said.

Last Friday, MPHB Capital announced it had submitted an application to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) to seek approval to sell a stake in MPIB, the granting of options to dispose/acquire equity interest in MPIB and the entry into definitive agreements for the above transactions with an interested party.

To recap, BNM allowed MPHB Capital to start preliminary negotiations with an interested party on selling a minority equity interest in MPIB in January 2014 and approved MPHB to grant the said interested party a call option to acquire an additional equity interest in MPIB in May 2014.

If the interested party exercises the call option, it may result in a possible disposal of a majority equity interest in MPIB, said UOB Kay Hian Research.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Back in 2014, UOB KH said :
Maintain Buy. Our target price is RM2.69, based on a 20% discount to our sum-of-parts valuation of RM3.36 a share,” it said.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

I will share the full UOB KH analyst report once obtained.

Posted by Opportunate > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

@johnzhang currently I and few friends holding 2+ millions shares. ( just put 2millions as of now ). Trying to confirm the shareholding of another friend who not reachable as of now.

My take very simple. Engage whatever resources that able to assist us.
We should patiently waiting for the outcome from the advisory to the board and minority shareholders.

Then our next fight with be during EGM.

We just do what we can.

Sharing my thought of what's going on

This is a tussle between Surin and the minority shareholders.

CheckPoint 1: when he set the SCR at 1.70 , he might plan to grab more shares below 1.70. Observing from the transaction volume so far , less than 1% transacted after the announcement.
This should be positive to minority shareholders as everyone holding tight with their shares.

Checkpoint 2 : ex dividend 12th June. Will minorshareholders sell their holding after receiving the 3 sen dividend ?

My take if the transaction volume remain low for next 1 week or so , will be another positive sign for minorshareholders.

Then will test how eager Surin want to push through the privatisation.

My advice , hold on with your shares at least until 20th June.

Or until the report from UOB Kay Hian ready.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Thanks Silemak and opportunate for being open to your shareholding. Try to rope in more minorities to participate.

@youwin once any majorshareholder collected 90% of the shares , minorshareholders mandatory to sell the holding to them.
Surin holding at around 43%. To get to 90% , he will need to accumulate from the market or convince those in top 30 shareholder lists to sell to him.

So far , very clear to him that he won't get enough by buying through open market unless he raise his price further.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

To gauge dissatisfied minorities shareholding:
Johnzhang group : 21 m
ajleat : 1 m
glxlonline88. : 0.5 m
Simmer. ; 0.92 m
Opportunate : 2 + m
Kaya Toast ?
Silemak. : 160k

Total so far 25.58 m .
Hoping more will join to reach 40 mil !
Pls provide your shareholding if you can and your true identify is not revealed here .
There are many silent Minority out there !

TheContrarian

9,171 posts

In a SCR once at least 75% vote for and less than 10% vote against, Surin gets everyone's shares.

If you looked at the number correctly , only 50% of shares voted. Out of this 50% , Surin hold 43%.
When I looked at this previously , resolution # 3 , briefly , an investor with 6 millions shared from supported resolution 1 and 2 against resolution 3. Not sure why but interesting.

What this number told us was that 50% of the shares not casting their votes.

As the SCR excluded Surin's 43% for voting , this 50% will be the decider.

If you look at the top 30 shareholder list , 2 funds holding added up more than 10%

Posted by Kaya Toast > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

John, me small anchovy, 97k share only.

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Kaya Toast, don’t say that . Appreciate your contribution .

dompeilee

11,888 posts

YouWin

Tomorrow last day,if you can buy at 1.63, you get 0.03 dividend+0.07 privatize price if it goes through, that's 0.10 profit risk

Not risk free...MAA redux in '19 where rich minorities bought up huge blocks just to block privatization, thinking it was a small risk with regular 6c dividends until then. When they succeeded in blocking with the EGM voting falling short of the 75% approval rate, the price plunged, rebounded briefly to 99c, then almost continuously down since then to inflict almost 2/3 loss of capital on the agitators of the revolt. Major shareholder only allowed one more measly dividend b4 deliberately channelling MAA's copious excess cash into highly reckless speculations thus destroying the biggest advantage the co. had until it has become a net debt co. & stopping all further dividends. One B. Singh who was one of the rebels with over 1 mil shares was still shown in the Top 30 shareholder register until 2021 but has since vanished. Likely sold for a huge loss as it was dead capital.

No one can guarantee that Surin will not be as vindictive as Tunku Yaacob, if you block his attempt. This time is probably different but it's just a cautionary tale. I am currently watching the Great Eastern takeover attempt with great interest since I have 1 lot & not a small number of monied retailers there & perhaps foreigners as well are buying up the latter's shares 2-3% ABOVE OCBC's offer of S$25.60 on fairly high volume of over 100k every day betting on the bank raising its offer closer to fair value of S$36.

Surin is a little ant compared to the mighty S'porean bank. Do your own due diligence!

Dompeilee, thanks for sharing, great reminder to us all we are competing in unfair ruthless system controlled by tycoons. Agree with you, load lots of share now just to fight Surin is futile. All should be attracted to it's undeniably deep value landbank. Surin have ample time to privatise when COVID, share dropped to 0.50+ (+ before disposal of insurance arm), but he choose to take action now, precisely when government hype up on SEZ and investments in data centres and renewable energy.
All good vibes lining up for MPHB story, the share price should be easily at RM2.4 if it's not manipulated by Surin.
It will be great if you and everyone can support us for this good cause for a chance to maximise our investments potential and as AJKEAT shared, age is what we are competing with Surin (we can wait l, who knows 1 or few more years =) )

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/714075
The edge covering the SCR. Hopefully they come up with a detailed valuation in their weekly news!

ajkeat

14 posts

@youwin, dont be so upset and emotional,in life what you have will be yours,money is evil, look at Chan Ah Chye,Talam boss, during the 90s,he teamed up with Mike tyson and making so much money from property development,Talam was a household brand among developer,he never realise Daim is even much stronger with Mahathir backing,and they lost the KLIA projet in Bukit Beruntung to Daim Sepang,thats the time Chan Ah Chye suddenly drop from the high mountain together with Mike Tyson causing so many investor in Bukit Beruntung overnight become bankrupt. Chan Ah Chye just pass away 2 days ago,his episode come to an
end with children not able to rescue the big hole left over from him.this sharing is to tell you that you are right that we do not need so much money to enjoy as long as you are healthy and cheerful most of the time,regarding MPHB, lets see what will happen after all,you have 1 to 2 weeks more to know the development

ajkeat

14 posts

@johnzhang,Hi John,if you are free,perhaps can give me advice on Samchem,got some news that this counter got future potential,worth to invest on short to medium term, no obligation

Posted by Fabien _the efficient capital allocator > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Looking at the price action, some of you have been selling.

speakup

26,437 posts

Posted by speakup > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Ppl sell is give others chance to buy cheap

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Hi ajkeat,
I have never study this company before and hence my information is very general. I had one encounter with the major shareholder many years ago and find him a genuine businessman.
This company’s core business is chemical trading in Malaysia and Vietnam. I think the trading business in Vietnam is potential positive . Like most trading, it is highly competitive business and margin is usually thin . You may check from bursa website for their normal years profit . I think they pay consistent dividends. Dividend yield of about 5% can be expected. I don’t know if there is any new venture or corporate activity that can drive the share price significantly higher from present level.
—————-
ajkeat wrote
@johnzhang,Hi John,if you are free,perhaps can give me advice on Samchem,got some news that this counter got future potential,worth to invest on short to medium term, no obligation

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Once again, my magic touch seems to be working much better in Japan, where directors are much less likely to SHORTCHANGE shareholders of their right to reap the fruits of their due diligence! Japan Power Fastening announces a surprise 'dividend from surplus' translating to 16.5% dividend yield after the market close:

http://stocklaser.blogspot.com

ajkeat

14 posts

@johnzhang,thank you for your sharing on samchem,well i am aware of the fundamental strength of the company,perhaps you may look at this counter for short to medium term investment,i believe the company may do better on the coming future especially the Pulau Indah and Vietnam factory is on operation.John,I have held MPHB for more than 2 years after hearing news from some senior management staff from MPHB insurance/Genarali insurance,besides,I also read about your comments and sharing in this I3 forum,I am very impressed by your detail information provided by you in this forum,its good to know you as you have been very unselfish and unbias to disclose your info and due to this,i have accumulated MPHB to 1 million unit.once again,thank you for giving this opportunity to me for making quite a big sum of profit.Nevertheless,since you are going to fight for higher offer thru your contact,I may advise you to do your best and do not waste too much time and energy,when the decision eventually finalise,just cash out and concentrate on other good and fundamental counters,I believe with your knowledge and experience,you are definitely going to do well in share market.Finally,I believe if anyone want to do well in the share market,you have to possess enough cash flow,knowledge and experience,no greediness and no hearsay from others.I hope you are already home safely from Europe.

dompeilee

11,888 posts

After OCBC refused to raise their offer for my Great Eastern to even 0.8 of the embedded value, though there is a ray of hope still in the SGX listing rules that isn't available here, looking at a 2023 takeover precedent that saw a final raised offer even after the 90% level was exceeded, I would put the probability of a raised offer here @ 40%.

Thought might be some announcement today. Suspense gila nie......

speakup

26,437 posts

Posted by speakup > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Malaysia should Demand Singapore Pay Huge Compensation for oil spill in our territory

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

Hi ajkeat, thanks for your kind words. I have just returned from Europe last 3 days and now coping with bad jet lag.
I have secured a meeting with CEO of MSWG early next week to explore what can come out … . Will update .

Johnzhang

3,081 posts

https://newswav.com/A2406_ya6sER?s=A_kpZoYq9&language=en

I hope MSWG can emulate SIAS

Post a Comment
Market Buzz