Posted by matrixcool > 2014-01-01 22:42 | Report Abuse

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! Welcome to my 2014 thread, I would like to start the thread with these words; “ You don’t have to be Great to get started, but you have to get started to be Great “ UNQUOTE. Hopefully through this thread we can learn,share and exchange ideas to be able to get started and be Great in 2014 !! I always believe in simplicity in stock market investment whether you are a FA , TA or Both. My aim is always TRY to make Three correct decisions: What to Buy, When to Buy and When to sell. Yet I still make many mistakes days in and days out. Then I realized it was OK to make mistakes at times, the important thing is to make a painful decision when we are wrong. My resolution for 2014 in stock market? I would like to be able to avoid “Indecisiveness and Regret”. Many times I have asked myself in 2013 should I buy, sell or hold? Then realized I should have bought,sold or held. 2013 has been a good year for me and I believe for many of you out there.. Then we must also realize KLSE hit the all time high in 2013. I would like to wish everyone to be successful in 2014 too !! My new format for 2014 is as follows: 1)GHLYSYS-- Av Price=$0.715( Closing=$0.72, P&L=+0.7%), Trailing Stop=$0.665. Risk= -7%. Tp1=$0.79, TP 2=0.845. (Trading Range $0.685 to $0.735). Note : Formed an engulfing Bull 2 days ago unless $0.685 is broken it should be moving upward in the short term. 2)MUHIBAH-- Av Price=$2.35( Closing=$2.28, P&L=-3%), Trailing Stop=$2.23. Risk= -5%. Tp1=$2.48, TP 2=?. (Trading Range $2.26 to $2.48). Note : Rectangle trading range of $2.26 to $2.48. 3)PERISAI-- Av Price=$1.48( Closing=$1.59, P&L= +7.4%), Trailing Stop=$1.50. Risk= 0 %. Tp1=$1.65/$1.70. TP 2=?. (Trading Range $1.53 to $1.66). Note : Breakout from $1.57 yesterday it is expected to break above $1.60 soon. I have raised my Trailing Stop to $1.50 which is higher than the purchase price to protect my capitals. 4)PERDANA-- Av Price=$1.59( Closing=$1.59, P&L= 0%), Trailing Stop=$1.50. Risk= 6%. Tp1=$1.70. TP 2=1.83. (Trading Range $1.54 to $1.66). Note: The steady upward movement has slowed down some consolidation can be expected and accumulation on any weakness for future play. 5)TAS-- Av Price=$1.12 ( Closing=$1.15, P&L= +2.6%), Trailing Stop=$1.04. Risk= 7%. Tp1=$1.26. TP 2=1.34. (Trading Range $1.10 to $1.20). Note : Sideways Movement needs to take out the Doji formed at $1.20.Expects to move higher in near term. 6)TDM-- Av Price=$0.96 ( Closing=$0.95, P&L= -1%), Trailing Stop=$0.905. Risk= 5.6%. Tp1=$1.05. TP 2=?. (Trading Range $0.94-$0.97). Note :Sideways Movement but upward momentum has increased so more rebound can be expected. Av Price-- price i bought in and it will be adjusted if i scale in. Closing -- today closing price. P&L -- Paper Profit and Loss. Trailing Stop-The cut loss or protect profit levels. It will be adjusted accordingly. Risk-The stop loss percentage if the trade moved against me. TP1 &TP2--Target Price. Using this new format if my stock is trading in the trading range I would not update the stocks every day. Happy Trading !!

29 people like this.

2,511 comment(s). Last comment by itsart 2014-07-10 20:45

Posted by wongchowsang > 2014-05-02 11:28 | Report Abuse

novice8, good morning ....cry

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-05-02 12:57 | Report Abuse

inwest88 - thanks. Really good to see you back.

miracle4faith - you are right. Take the good stuff and ignore the bad.

TImo Lim - Welcome. I did an analysis on GOB earlier (May 1). Here, we share TA analysis and information but we do not recommend counters and neither do we advise when to buy or sell. The investment decision is solely made by you yourself. However, Matrix do strongly advocate that all traders have a trading plan before they trade in order to minimize our losses and maximize our profits.

My average entry price for GOB is 1.01 and is a short term trade for me with a stop loss price at 0.97. Different persons trade differently depending on their risk profile, trading objectives and capital outlay. Sometimes, we can also be wrong in our trades in that the price turns against us and we will need to cut loss at the stop loss price. I hope you understand.

Please feel free to share any information on any counters.

Novice8 - BJAuto is very bullish today.

lsy7

95 posts

Posted by lsy7 > 2014-05-02 14:16 | Report Abuse

Matrixcool - though I'm a silent follower most of the time, i do appreciate for all the efforts u give to this thread. Thanks. Also to the teams. a big clap to yourselves.

Referring air01557- sell in may and go away... Remember
I suppose this is because May generally is the selling month in USA. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers ~

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-02 14:25 | Report Abuse

Ya Profitman, I dont think I will get any already unless I up my bid.. Tq for the analysis again bro!

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-02 14:27 | Report Abuse

Ya lsy.. Anyone knows any reason behind the sell in May and stay away..?

Timo Limo

165 posts

Posted by Timo Limo > 2014-05-02 14:56 | Report Abuse

Wow, thanks Profitman, yeap i certainly agree with your advise that people should not follow without doing any research themselves. As i'm quite new, i might need to follow and learn some new terms first. It's very encouraging to get so much expertise from u and the rest of the people in this chatroom.
Keep up the good work!!
^^

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-05-02 15:28 | Report Abuse

novice8 - that is wise. Do not chase the price if it does not agree with your trading plan. There will always be another opportunity.

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2014-05-02 16:06 | Report Abuse

wow take a look at ecoworld!

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-02 16:38 | Report Abuse

Wow.. Did you buy, Pathew?

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2014-05-02 16:42 | Report Abuse

i didn't buy just watching still before i decide

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-02 17:02 | Report Abuse

Just got back…

Thanks profitMan for helping all the forum investors here..I totally agreed with your “philosophy”..

lsy7—Thanks for the kind words..Remember be greedy when others are in fear. Quoted by Warren Buffett.

MINHO—Yet to break out from “Ascending triangle” but momentum is slowly building up..

BARAKAH—Hit my TP1 of $1.70/$1.72 but fails to close above $1.70 .

Cleared all my PANTECH at $0.995 to release my capital. Novice8, I had put in my post yesterday to clear Pantech because I do not like the Engulfing Bull formed on 25/04 turn up to be the last Engulfing Bull.

Have a nice weekend…

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-02 17:09 | Report Abuse

Noted Mat! Tqvm!!

winwinborn

439 posts

Posted by winwinborn > 2014-05-02 18:15 | Report Abuse

Hi Matrix/ profitman, Latitude is very bullish today.. Can help to look futher on the TA support? Thanks

Latitude: Looking at the mid-term trend for guidance, it formed an engulfing bull the week of 21/3 which is a bullish indicator. The uptrend is still intact at the moment but on lower volumes. Immediate support is now at 2.70 and then 2.60 should 2.70's support be broken. Its upward momentum is slowing and it is trading with a Price/RSI divergence. Although it surpassed its resistance of 2.82 when it closed at 2.83, the coming week's pattern is crucial to see if it can hold above its resistance price. If it doesn't, we can expect some consolidations before it re-test new highs.

SafeWin

11 posts

Posted by SafeWin > 2014-05-02 18:53 | Report Abuse

Mat & team, newbie here in learning TA. I have read i3 thread 2 months+. Too much threads reading made me confused and decided focus/follow to this thread group members. I like mostly the simple, attitude and trading discipline of this thread. Would like to understand your statement "MINHO momentum is slowly building up" shall refer to which TA indicator? Thanks.

lsy7

95 posts

Posted by lsy7 > 2014-05-02 23:55 | Report Abuse

Mat- thanx for the quote. Will store in my mind! Have a great weekend everyone..

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-03 16:23 | Report Abuse

winwinborn, profitMan cover the TA of Latitude earlier so I will let him update you on it. profitMan, do help winwinborn, when you are free.

SafeWin--. Would like to understand your statement "MINHO momentum is slowly building up" shall refer to which TA indicator? Thanks.

MOMENTUM

Welcome to this thread and we are happy that you are in TA too . The main aim of this thread is to encourage more traders to use TA as a guide for entry and exit.
If you have followed this thread I do not use many indicators for my TA. Too many indicators can really confuse you and impair your decision to get into a good trade sometime.
I am not sure what software you are using for your TA, but many like Metastock do provide momentum indicator.

Momentum measures the velocity of the price changes. If you do not have a momentum indicator it is very simple to construct.
To construct a 8-day momentum line, simply subtract the closing price 8 days ago from the last closing price.It will give you a value either is positive or negative. By measuring the price difference over a fixed period of time we can actually recognize the speed of that price movement.

Now the confusing parts come in when you use indicators, I have used all before from SMA, RSI, Stochastic, MACD etc. and sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. Then I realized that every individual counter has their own DNA that certain indicator is more suitable for that particular stock. That is why I keep telling TA newbies to try not to read too much into indicators.

Now I tell you something even more amazing, by changing the period of that momentum the signal of Buy and Sell is almost identical to Stochastic, RSI and MACD. Try it yourself, because all indicators are all derived from the prices that they are almost all the same. So if you do not have momentum indicator just use Stochastic, RSI, MACD they are also just like momentum indicators.

Now let”s use MINHO as an example (please do not take this as a Buy or Sell decision), this is more for TA discussion purpose.

1) All indicators are worthless when price is moving sideways ( Minho from 12/09/2013 to 19/03/2014 for almost 6 months). Only look at indicator when it is Trending up or down. MINHO started its upside trend on 20/03/2014.
2) Now you look at MONHO chart pattern, by drawing a horizontal line at $1.13 then join the all the low from 19/03, you will see that it forms a “Ascending triangle” right? On the TA point of view, with the increase momentum it has a good chance to break out from the Triangle.
3) Let”s says now we use these 4 signals on MINHO and compare to other indicators:
a) 5 Days Momentum—Almost same signal as Stochastic
b) 8 Days Momentum—Almost same signal as RSI
c) 12 days Momentum—Almost same signal as MACD. ( It even formed a Double Top formation on 04/04/2014 which signal Sell and same day MACD signal Sell).
d) 15 days Momentum—Breakout from its down trend line yesterday.

Now to those that are new to TA which period will you use? And this is only MINHO I am talking about and any other counters are different. Confusing right?

4) For MINHO I am using a 10 days Momentum reading ( if break $1.13 it is breaking out from Ascending Triangle on the chart pattern and also a Cup & Handle pattern on Momentum chart, both have bullish implication), and yesterday it shows the velocity has increased.why do I choose 10 days because it is the best period for MINHO on the chart, if I use it on another counter it may show different signal all together.

Now let”s say I like its chart and interpret that the momentum has increased it should be breaking out soon, I want to enter the trade. I am optimistic and eager to enter, but before I enter I work out the Risk/Rewards ration, my Stop Loss level first. The trading plan is the most important factor when buying any stock not how you feel emotionally.

MINHO—That say I buy now at $1.10, I will set my STOP Loss at $1.03 ( that mean instead of breaking out it break down from the triangle and prove that I am actually wrong ,I will take my early losses.)

Let say I am right, it actually breaks out and stay above $1.13 I will scale in more share in pyramid way. Then I will raise my Stop Loss to be just below $1.13 to protect my capital. If it keeps going up then I will set trailing Stop to protect my profits.
Hope this help.

lsy7—you are welcome.. Not me who quoted it, but Mr Warren Buffett.
Have a nice weekend..

Have a nice weekend…

connie

37,452 posts

Posted by connie > 2014-05-03 16:32 | Report Abuse

hi matrix ... u wrote us a very long love letter on this beautiful saturday and i am reading n digesting it word by word !! how was your "holiday" in malaysia ?? :D matrix .. u too have a happy weekend too !!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-03 17:53 | Report Abuse

Hi Connie, so happy to see you here. Ya, i know it is quite long winded and it is only on Momentum. Just try to tell newbies on TA not to be over dependent on indicators..
i know you love waves and i admire TA that can read waves accurately.I find it quite confusing. So choose the lazy man way out..

Ha,son is taking his cousin sister to movie today, SpiderMan 2 ..After that will take them to Thai Restaurant A-Wet for dinner..

You have an wonderful weekend too..

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-05-03 19:00 | Report Abuse

winwinborn - Latitud: Found support at 2.59/2.60 after its immediate support at 2.70 was broken. Currently, consolidation appears to be over when it broke out with volume on 2/5 to continue its bullish trend. Very bullish with accelerated momentum. The gap up price of 2.78 in now its immediate support price while its immediate resistance is now 3.10. It should be testing new highs. Hope you are making good money on this one.

Matrix - not at all long winded. Very concise, clear and easy to understand. Thanks.

swee_on

182 posts

Posted by swee_on > 2014-05-03 22:50 | Report Abuse

matrixcool, thank you for the great explanation on momentum with a wonderful example.

SafeWin

11 posts

Posted by SafeWin > 2014-05-04 00:43 | Report Abuse

Mat - really appreciate your valuable and great explanation.

1. I'm using free version of chartnexus software and Jupiter trading platform (free version of Nextview).
2. I'm full time a worker and only able to access chart in the evening/ night/ weekend time (everyday). Try to learn as much as possible and gain knowledge.
3. I have done a draft using chartnexus follow to your explanation. Would like to know if convenience I send my capture copy (by email) for your comments (will send only you agree to). I want to know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks and important now is please enjoy your weekend. Just help me when you are really free.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-04 07:46 | Report Abuse

Thanks profitMan and swee_on..

safeWin, you can send to my email and let"s learn together. If you are a working full time you may want to trade those FA counters. For short term traders like me we do need to spend more time monitoring.

Have a nice weekend.

winwinborn

439 posts

Posted by winwinborn > 2014-05-04 07:59 | Report Abuse

Hi Matrix, Profitman, Million thanks for the input. Appreciated.

connie

37,452 posts

Posted by connie > 2014-05-04 15:14 | Report Abuse

likewise matrix ... i am equally happy to see you :) yes i definitely have a crush on waves which drive me insane at times when i can't seem to decipher wat stage it is at :( your 'lazy-man' strategy is GREAT and has WOWED so many admirers. hmmmm ... not forgetting profitman whom i respect tremendously as well. he reads fa and ta .. he counts waves ... ! i asked him to slow down so i can catch-up :)

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-04 18:17 | Report Abuse

connie, i am proud of you that now you are into Elliot Waves, I found it really hard to read correctly, especially when the sub waves come in between main waves. It is easier to look backward at the previous waves, but to look forward is not so straight forward. Yeah, I find the 4 stage cycle easier to read, the duration of each stage is not possible to read through. That is why I set the Trailing Stop just incase it turn from bullish stage 2 to Distribution stage 3 or sometime straight to stage 4.

I appreciate profitMan works and admire his ability, I am so glad he comes in to help others forums here. Not forgetting SF, htyeap and others that contributed.

Time to get ready for dinner and football night..

Enjoy your dinner too..

Posted by stay_foolish > 2014-05-04 21:19 | Report Abuse

Mat - Thank you for your great explanation of momentum ! learned a lot!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-04 21:54 | Report Abuse

05/05/2014—Weekly Summary
1) 3A-- AV Price=$0.89 (Closing=$0.88 , P&L= 0%), Stop Loss=0.865 . Risk= -2.80 %. Tp1=$0.97 , TP2=$1.00/$1.02. (Exp Trading Range $0.88 to $0.925 ).
Note: A very low risk Buy for 3A as I bought in near the Stop Loss level of $0.865. It is still under consolidation around its important support of $0.88, the price is expected to stabilize around this level. Any rebound will find resistance at $0.915/$0.925. If break above $0.925 (Signal Buy and I may scale in more shares) to its next target of $0.97. In the event that $0.88 fails to hold 3A is most likely to fill the Gap formed on 18/12/2013 at $0.875/$0.865. I will take my losses if the gap support is violated as the next meaningful support is at $0.82.

2) BARAKAH-- AV Price=$1.61 (Closing=$1.68, P&L= +4.30 %), Stop Loss( 2) =$1.58. Risk= - 1.80 %. Tp1=$1.70/$1.72, TP2=$1.78/$1.80 (Exp Trading Range $1.60 to $1.70 ).
Note: Breakout from $1.60 signal BUY which I bought in at $1.61, it hit my TP1 of $1.70/$1.72 but fail to close above it.The upward is still intact and it is expected to re test my TP1 and a break above will take it to my TP2. Any weakness should find support at $1.66/$1.63 and strong support is at $1.60/$1.58. I have increased my Stop Loss from $1.48 to $1.58 to reduce my risk to below 2%.
3) BORNEO OIL-- AV Price=$0.672 after Scale In (Closing=$0.645, P&L= -4.0%), Stop Loss=$0.625.
Risk= -7 %. Tp1=$0.69, TP2=$0.73/$0.745. (Exp Trading Range $0.635 to $0.67 ).
Note: After hitting a high of $0.72 on 11/03 it has been consolidating for the past 7 weeks. It showed more weakness last week by breaking below support of $0.65, now it is settling around its new base at $0.635. It is still bearish, but the downward momentum has slowed down and any rebound should find immediate resistance at $0.66/$0.67. Unless it could breakout from $0.67 (its immediate down trend line) it will stay on the downward movement. I may clear if can”t break above $0.67 and take some losses to release my capital
4) BREM-- AV Price=$2.03 (Closing=$2.07 , P&L= +2.0 %), Stop Loss=$1.90 .
Risk= -6.40 %. Tp1=$2.20 , TP2=$2.26/$2.30. (Exp Trading Range $2.02 to $2.20 ).
Note: Break out from the Symmetrical Triangle on 28/04 Brem is expected to scale higher from here. It is bullish and upward momentum is intact, a break above $2.12 will retest immediate resistance of $2.17 and TP1 of $2.20 .3 black candles for the past 3 days so any weakness may find immediate support of $2.05/$2.02.

5) HEVEA-- AV Price=$1.34 (Closing=$1.36, P&L= +1.50 %), Stop Loss ( 2)=$1.30. Risk= - 3.0%. Tp1=$1.45/$1.50, TP2=$1.58/$1.60 (Exp Trading Range $1.30 to $1.45 ).
Note: As suggested last week after hitting my Tp1 at $1.45 it consolidated to the immediate support of $1.32 and hold above. Consolidation looks over so it is expected to rebound further to $1.39/$1.43. A break above $1.43 confirm price reversal ( break out from its immediate down trend line ) to re test Tp1 of $1.45/$1.50.Any weakness should find immediate support at $1.32/$1.30. I have raised my Stop Loss to $1.30 to reduce my risk to 3 % or may sell if if can”t break $1.43 to release my capital.
6) PRTASCO-- AV Price=$1.89 (Closing=$1.90, P&L= 0%), Stop Loss=$1.80 .
Risk= -4.8 %. Tp1=$2.00/$2.04 , TP2=$2.10/$2.14. (Exp Trading Range $1.86 to $2.00 ).
Note: Stage 2 of the cycle and very bullish, it is forming Flagpole pattern with bullish flag. Immediate support adjusts to $1.86 which was tested, and holds, so some rebound can be expected in the near term. Any weakness offer buying opportunity for future play. A break above the $1.93 signal breakout from the flag and to re test its immediate resistance at $1.95 (Also the Engulfing Bear formed on 17/04 that needs to be taken out) & if breaks it is expected to test my TP1 of $2.00/ $2.04 and into uncharted territory.

7) WCT-- AV Price=$2.263 (Closing=$2.25, P&L= 0 %), Stop Loss (2) =$2.18, Risk= -3.7 %. Tp1=$2.37/$2.40, TP2=$2.50/$2.55 (Exp Trading Range $2.20 to $2.30).
Note: The scenario remains the same for the past 3 weeks, stage 2 of the cycle very bullish after breaking out from $2.20 , traing from $2.18 to $2.30 . The landscape for upward movement has improved and it is expected to retest its immediate resistance of $2.28/$2.30 in near term. A break above $2.30 will take it to my Tp1 of $2.37/$2.40. Any weakness should find immediate support at $2.24, strong support is at $2.20/$2.18. I have raised my Stop Loss to $2.18 to reduce my risk to 3.7%

I sold PANTECH at $0.995 to release my capital for other stocks.

I am selling the remaining 50% of my JCORP

I am trading at my Max of 7-8 stocks so i am not buying into any stock.

Happy Trading..

P/s: SF We are learning everyday on TA.. As i always say TA is only good to use as a guide.

SafeWin

11 posts

Posted by SafeWin > 2014-05-05 00:09 | Report Abuse

Mat - sent an email to you on 04/5.

Happy Trading.

MrGala

217 posts

Posted by MrGala > 2014-05-05 01:16 | Report Abuse

Sorry ah, need to ask for opinion on willow, the price action from 24/4 up to 2/5 signal distribution or accumulation by big player? Issit possible to tell by chart reading alone? Thanks in advance!

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-05 07:11 | Report Abuse

good morning everyone! happy trading!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-05 07:50 | Report Abuse

SafeWin—which email you send to? Please send to:
Matrixcool02@gamil.com ( 02-zero two)

MrGala—you can actually work out whether it is an accumulation or distribution from chart over that period. Willow needs to close the Fallen Gap at $0.84 first before moving back upwards.Formed a hammer on 02/05 and if break above $0.85 signal BUY and confirm the 3 candles Morning Star pattern which has bullish implication.

I am not free to work out for you as needs to take dad for further medical check up this morning and won”t be free until later in the afternoon. Anyone that can help Mr Gala here?

Happy Trading..

SafeWin

11 posts

Posted by SafeWin > 2014-05-05 10:51 | Report Abuse

Mat- Good morning. Send again this morning. Your mail add should be ...@gmail.com, correct?

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-05 14:48 | Report Abuse

safeWin, just got back, but still did not receive your email..

Ya, matrixcool02@gmail.com

Thanks

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-05 15:39 | Report Abuse

Today sentiment hasn't been any good ya..
I'm q" to buy Brem, Prtasco and Waseong..

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-05 15:43 | Report Abuse

Mr gala, just did a quick calculation for you on Willow from 24/04 to 2nd May:

24/04 49,200
25/04 179,222
28/04 (888,879)
29/04 (1,599,958)
30/04 (1,999,158)
2-May (1,979,600)

So you can see it is actually distribution of 1,979,600 shares during that period trading from $0.82 to $0.88.

Happy Trading..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-05 21:38 | Report Abuse

Mat, may I know what's your view on Cepat pls? Tqvm!!

MrGala

217 posts

Posted by MrGala > 2014-05-05 22:15 | Report Abuse

matrixcool, may I know your method on doing the calculation, hope you can give brief explanation on it. Thank you very much, hope your father is doing fine. =D

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-05 22:17 | Report Abuse

novice8 --will look at Cepat for you tomorrow..

BORNEO OIL--Start to form Bullish Divergence between Price and RSI, some rebound can be expected in the near term.

HEVEA--—As suggested it break above $1.43 and tested $1.45 but yet again fail to clear $1.45. Formed an Upper Shadow today, which has bearish implication. Will clear Hevea if it can”t break above $1.45 soon.

Happy Trading and Good night..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-05 22:28 | Report Abuse

Tq mat for your analysis!!

joyous

368 posts

Posted by joyous > 2014-05-05 23:58 | Report Abuse

Hello matrixcool, can I have your view on ktb? Thanks thanks

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-06 07:51 | Report Abuse

mr Gala, it is about the same as candle Volume or OBV (OBV use different formula, it works the other way). The Acc/Dis is useful when we use it to look for Divergence like many other indicators.
You will need a sspreadsheet​ to calculate it.

A) The first 5 columns

HIGH LOW CLOSE MF

24/04 $0.855 $0.820 $0.855 0.04
25/04 $0.895 $0.860 $0.895 0.04
28/04 $0.915 $0.880 $0.880 (1.00)
29/04 $0.885 $0.835 $0.845 (0.79)
30/04 $0.850 $0.840 $0.840 (1.00)
2-May $0.830 $0.805 $0.830 0.02

B) The last 3 columns

VOL MF VOL ACC/DIST

1,405,700 49,200 49,200
3714900 130,022 179,222
1068100 (1,068,100) (888,879)
900100 (711,079) (1,599,958)
399200 (399,200) (1,999,158)
782300 19,557 (1,979,600)

Using the High, Low, Close of the day you work out your MF value:

MF = [(Close - Low) - (High - Close)] /(High - Low) it will be either +ve or -ve. A larger +ve value with big volumes means accumulation and vise versa.

When you apply this into chart you want to look at 3 things for divergence:

a) The price is getting lower, the Acc/Dis is moving higher. Bullish divergence when it find its low it will normally move up. ( Remember do not just Buy when it start to show Divergence you must read it with say candlestick reversal pattern to confirm it has found new bottom)

b) The other way prices keep moving up but Acc/Dis keep coming down, a big pullback is on the way.

c) The price keep moving up with Acc/Dis means Bullish and vice versa.

Happy Trading...

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-06 09:05 | Report Abuse

Novice8,

CEPAT—Breakout from $1.06 ( consolidation breakout which is very bullish) which carry an estimated target of $1.26. It hit a high of $1.14 after the breakout and starts consolidation. May have found a new bottom at $1.02 so as long as $1.02 stay it is expected to move upward to its immediate resistance at $1.10/$1.14. Be cautious if $1.02 is violated as it shows weakness and consolidation will take a longer time. The next support is at $0.98/$0.965 if $1.02 is violated.

Happy Trading..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-06 09:11 | Report Abuse

Noted Mat on Cepat support level! Tq!!

MrGala

217 posts

Posted by MrGala > 2014-05-06 09:22 | Report Abuse

Matrixcool, really Thank you very much, I just learnt one thing about acc/distribution from you, never thought of it can be used for short term period.

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-05-06 09:23 | Report Abuse

connie - just saw yr comments. Thanks but my TA knowledge is just sufficient for me to trade. Anyway, will buy you more sashimi and whisky.

Matrix/Novice8 - have cleared my GOB when it weakened towards my stop loss for a small loss.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-06 09:45 | Report Abuse

joyous---can I have your view on ktb?

I did the chart reading for KTB on 14/04 for miracle

KTB---Stage 2 of the cycle and it is very bullish. It hits the high of $0.32 on 10/04 and started its consolidation towards immediate support of $0.255 with stronger support at $0.23. Any consolidation offer buying opportunity for future play.Any rebound should find immediate resistance at $0.29 and very strong resistance at $032. (its previous high ). Exit if $0.185 is violated.—(14/04)

After the reading,
It did consolidate and found a new bottom at $0.205. If this level hold you can expect more rebound towards those resistance I mentioned.

Happy Trading..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-05-06 10:06 | Report Abuse

Noted Profitman!! Tqvm!!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-06 10:40 | Report Abuse

MrGala—You are welcome. There are too many things to learn in TA, so many indicators to look at. But I can assure you there is no Holy Grail, to make money you need to put on a good Trading Plan. That is the only way to make money in the long run.

ProfitMan—Thanks, I did not buy into GOB as I was looking at support of $0.98/$0.935.At about $1.02/$1.03 the risk/reward ratio not in my favor if need to cut losses at $0.935.
It is OK to take early losses, the signal that says BUY can often turn to SELL sooner than we thought. Taking losses is part of trading, just focus and hopefully you will find a new winner soon.

Happy Trading..

htyeap125

135 posts

Posted by htyeap125 > 2014-05-06 11:42 | Report Abuse

hi bro matrix, just read thru your posting on acc/ dist calculation. Very informative and useful. Thanx for sharing.

I try to get the 2nd figure of 49,200 but how ah? I try to calculate but din get, did i miss out anything? Can u pls show the calculation, thanx. I am referring to the 1st set of figure: 1,405,700 49,200 49,200

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-05-06 12:08 | Report Abuse

htyeap125 –You are welcome !

The 1st set of figure 49,200 is obtained by Vol x MF which is (1,405,700 x 0.04), you see, you can't get 49,200 is because the actual MF figure is 0.035 that in 2 decimal is 0.04. I did the calculation in the spreadsheet and it actually multiplies by 0.035. Thanks for highlighting it.

Happy trading..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz