Posted by matrixcool > 2014-01-01 22:42 | Report Abuse

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! Welcome to my 2014 thread, I would like to start the thread with these words; “ You don’t have to be Great to get started, but you have to get started to be Great “ UNQUOTE. Hopefully through this thread we can learn,share and exchange ideas to be able to get started and be Great in 2014 !! I always believe in simplicity in stock market investment whether you are a FA , TA or Both. My aim is always TRY to make Three correct decisions: What to Buy, When to Buy and When to sell. Yet I still make many mistakes days in and days out. Then I realized it was OK to make mistakes at times, the important thing is to make a painful decision when we are wrong. My resolution for 2014 in stock market? I would like to be able to avoid “Indecisiveness and Regret”. Many times I have asked myself in 2013 should I buy, sell or hold? Then realized I should have bought,sold or held. 2013 has been a good year for me and I believe for many of you out there.. Then we must also realize KLSE hit the all time high in 2013. I would like to wish everyone to be successful in 2014 too !! My new format for 2014 is as follows: 1)GHLYSYS-- Av Price=$0.715( Closing=$0.72, P&L=+0.7%), Trailing Stop=$0.665. Risk= -7%. Tp1=$0.79, TP 2=0.845. (Trading Range $0.685 to $0.735). Note : Formed an engulfing Bull 2 days ago unless $0.685 is broken it should be moving upward in the short term. 2)MUHIBAH-- Av Price=$2.35( Closing=$2.28, P&L=-3%), Trailing Stop=$2.23. Risk= -5%. Tp1=$2.48, TP 2=?. (Trading Range $2.26 to $2.48). Note : Rectangle trading range of $2.26 to $2.48. 3)PERISAI-- Av Price=$1.48( Closing=$1.59, P&L= +7.4%), Trailing Stop=$1.50. Risk= 0 %. Tp1=$1.65/$1.70. TP 2=?. (Trading Range $1.53 to $1.66). Note : Breakout from $1.57 yesterday it is expected to break above $1.60 soon. I have raised my Trailing Stop to $1.50 which is higher than the purchase price to protect my capitals. 4)PERDANA-- Av Price=$1.59( Closing=$1.59, P&L= 0%), Trailing Stop=$1.50. Risk= 6%. Tp1=$1.70. TP 2=1.83. (Trading Range $1.54 to $1.66). Note: The steady upward movement has slowed down some consolidation can be expected and accumulation on any weakness for future play. 5)TAS-- Av Price=$1.12 ( Closing=$1.15, P&L= +2.6%), Trailing Stop=$1.04. Risk= 7%. Tp1=$1.26. TP 2=1.34. (Trading Range $1.10 to $1.20). Note : Sideways Movement needs to take out the Doji formed at $1.20.Expects to move higher in near term. 6)TDM-- Av Price=$0.96 ( Closing=$0.95, P&L= -1%), Trailing Stop=$0.905. Risk= 5.6%. Tp1=$1.05. TP 2=?. (Trading Range $0.94-$0.97). Note :Sideways Movement but upward momentum has increased so more rebound can be expected. Av Price-- price i bought in and it will be adjusted if i scale in. Closing -- today closing price. P&L -- Paper Profit and Loss. Trailing Stop-The cut loss or protect profit levels. It will be adjusted accordingly. Risk-The stop loss percentage if the trade moved against me. TP1 &TP2--Target Price. Using this new format if my stock is trading in the trading range I would not update the stocks every day. Happy Trading !!

29 people like this.

2,511 comment(s). Last comment by itsart 2014-07-10 20:45

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-28 10:28 | Report Abuse

Tq Profitman for your detail analysis!! I shall monitor it closely! Tqvm!!

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-28 10:40 | Report Abuse

htyeap: thank you for helping out on MKLand.

gerry188: skyhawk is very good at Elliots especially with the sub wave readings.

JamieO: My interpretation is a wave 3 for Minho, which is the longest and most bullish wave to ride.

Mat: congrats on Brem. I missed out on it as I am trading to my max and could not liquidate last week to move over to Brem. Well, maybe 3A then. See, I told you. You are on a profitable wave!

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-28 10:46 | Report Abuse

cocoa: you are most welcome. I hope you made good money on TDM.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 11:13 | Report Abuse

novice8—Sometime I am wrong too.. Caught in Bull Traps many times too..

winwinborn—WahSheong still can”t break and stay above $2.10..

ProfitMan—Very good analysis on BJAuto. Oh yeah, I just read that Liverpool lose last night (oops, sorry about that), I was late for the game managed to watch some part of Man City vs Crystal Palace.
Ya, very happy with BREM performance today. Don”t worry for missing out this time, many stocks to trade but most importantly not over trade and become greedy..

MIEHO—are you in as well?

3A—I am Q-ing to buy in slowly, I think support of $0.88 holds water. Consolidation could be over if break and stay above $0.925 to give an immediate target of $0.97.

Happy Trading..

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-28 12:36 | Report Abuse

Matrix: Thanks. Yeah, Liverpool lost due to a school boy mistake by Stevie - the ball slipped past under his boots. Cruel way to lose but thats football. Guess there goes the Champions spot. It is for Man City to lose now. At least we gave it a shot and something for the fans to be excited about.

No, I am not in Minho. Just a response to JamieO's question and at the same time practice a bit of wave reading. Thanks for the 3A pointers. Appreciate it. Will try to trade it this time.

jeje

102 posts

Posted by jeje > 2014-04-28 13:52 | Report Abuse

Good afternoon Matrix, what u think K1? Tks.

Posted by splendid_ignorance > 2014-04-28 14:03 | Report Abuse

good afternoon matrix, is a price below 2.10 a good entry for wah seong? missed it when it was trading at 1.80++

gerry188

981 posts

Posted by gerry188 > 2014-04-28 14:21 | Report Abuse

profitman: u r good too. I also check your readings besides kuya hawk

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2014-04-28 14:57 | Report Abuse

ya, I wanna meet all the 'greats' here :)
noobie like me need to learn some life lessons from them!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 16:24 | Report Abuse

ProfitMan—Not over yet for Liverpool. Have faith.

Ya, for 3A just be patient, I am not chasing it but try to buy as close to $0.88 as possible..If something went wrong the Stop Loss is so little it is no pains..

jeje-I did K1 chart reading for Sunlight on 14/03.

#K1—Stage 3 of the cycle (Distribution stage) and the price can be volatile. Rectangle trading between $0.30 to $0.37. Unless it could breakout from $0.37 with volumes then it will re test its previous high of $0.41 and possible target of $0.45. A break below $0.30 will find next support at $0.28. Exit if $0.28 is violated as it signals may be start of stage 4 of the cycle. —sunlight (04/03/12)#

After the reading,
The scenario remains the same, It is still in the rectangle trading. It needs to break and stay above $0.41 to carry on its previous stage 2 of the cycle.

splendid_ignorance-As per my posting last night to Min Min, if break below $2.00 the next support is at $1.98/$1.95. I did mention that if this support is violated Waseong shows lot of weakness. I went in this morning at $2.03.

gerry188—You are right profitMan is good at its TA & FA..

pathew—Everyone is learning here only some of us paid school fees before to the stock market. I was burned badly before..

Happy Trading..

Joyous

368 posts

Posted by Joyous > 2014-04-28 16:28 | Report Abuse

Matrixcool sifu, why the market is so down? Sell in May and go away?

Posted by splendid_ignorance > 2014-04-28 16:29 | Report Abuse

thanks matrix. bloodbath today for solutn, mnc, vis and itronic...someone is pulling out

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2014-04-28 16:40 | Report Abuse

if you noticed, past few trading sessions, FF has been buying into our markets. Might be the time to look at some stocks to buy if there's a correction coming in.

btw, I saw CBSA high volume past few sessions but not much movement in price.... I feel something might be brewing... any comments guys?

jeje

102 posts

Posted by jeje > 2014-04-28 17:24 | Report Abuse

Thank you Matrix, will take note.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 18:21 | Report Abuse

Joyous—This is the stock market, it is all about traders' emotion. So you can expect Up, Down, sideways as long as you are trading. My friend blames it on President Obama visit (he actually what’s up me and give a Thumb down) !! Just execute your trading plan you should be ok..

splendid_ignorance—-Most of the counters are down, but if you have been in the market long enough I do not see anything unusual (Or did I miss anything?)

pathew

We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.-- Warren Buffett

CBSA –If break $0.385 it completes its Double Bottom formation and become very bullish..

Happy Trading..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-28 18:39 | Report Abuse

tq htyeap125 for mkland analysis!

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-28 19:24 | Report Abuse

gerry188/matrix: humnbled by your kind words but just like everyone here, still learning new stuff everyday from all the postings. I am one of those who paid a substantial school fees during my early days of trading.

Matrix: agree with you absolutely on 3A's strong support at 0.88. I took position today at 0.895. I think there were some panic selling today in view of the weak overall market sentiment.

Joyous: I think the sell off today has a lot to do with the Ukraine crisis. The Fed meeting this week might have thrown a caution to some people but I don't think it will impact on the local market much as we can very much expect what they will do - keep current interest rate stable & expedite QE tapering.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 20:48 | Report Abuse

ProfitMan

3A—It may not be ready, but if you take $0.88 as your Exit point like me, I think it is a very low risk Buy.. I actually Q mine at $0.895/$0.89/$0.88 and I was hit and bought some at $0.895..I can tell you this if it breaks $0.88 I will be out and take a few cents loss..

ptofitMan, this is my observation from this thread, when stocks are going up and everyone is Uh-ah.. There are many requests for charts.. When the market is down it becomes real quiet. My wife was asking me at dinner; “ you seem to be so relaxed and not rushing back to computer.. I told her market is down many traders still can”t accept what they bought are going down.. They are excited to know what is the next target for the stocks that they bought, but hard to accept they may be wrong and need to take losses..

Happy trading..

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-28 21:06 | Report Abuse

Lets make some noise!~ hehe
Mat, I went in Waseong too today ;) will execute the exit if it turns against me. Tq!!

Posted by miracle4faith > 2014-04-28 21:08 | Report Abuse

hi mat, hope u had a relaxing dinner with ur family....
would like to check with u on

1. TDEX after today's ending?

2. also, are u still goin to trade in may and june? many of traders here gave advice to stay away during this 2 months.

3. which counters are non goreng counter based on current standings?

Thanx a million mat....

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-28 21:11 | Report Abuse

Mat, may I check with you is Orna uptrend still intact? Tqvm bro!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 21:30 | Report Abuse

novice8—As long as you know what to when trades are against us you can buy any stocks..I will update Waseong later..
I have cleared all mu ORNA to take my profits and I am sure I did tell you about that..I will look at it too for you later..

miracle4faith , I am trading every month whether it is May, June or whatever.. I can understand when the market is down, there is always GURU of Doom around.. It is nothing new or anything to get excited about..It happens before and it will happen again next time..

TDEX--anyone profitMan , SF or htyeap. Can you help miracle4faith here?

Happy trading..

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2014-04-28 21:59 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha!!!! It is human nature, my friend..

Posted by matrixcool > Apr 28, 2014 08:48 PM | Report Abuse

ProfitMan

3A—It may not be ready, but if you take $0.88 as your Exit point like me, I think it is a very low risk Buy.. I actually Q mine at $0.895/$0.89/$0.88 and I was hit and bought some at $0.895..I can tell you this if it breaks $0.88 I will be out and take a few cents loss..

ptofitMan, this is my observation from this thread, when stocks are going up and everyone is Uh-ah.. There are many requests for charts.. When the market is down it becomes real quiet. My wife was asking me at dinner; “ you seem to be so relaxed and not rushing back to computer.. I told her market is down many traders still can”t accept what they bought are going down.. They are excited to know what is the next target for the stocks that they bought, but hard to accept they may be wrong and need to take losses..

newman

2,139 posts

Posted by newman > 2014-04-28 22:13 | Report Abuse

take a good rest lah sifu sifu.hahaha

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 22:19 | Report Abuse

CityTrader --ya you are right it is all human reactions..
It is hard to accept when the trades are against us..many of us just refuse to accept we are wrong and keep asking why? why? My friends even blame it to US President visit..

Happy trading..

MrGala

217 posts

Posted by MrGala > 2014-04-28 22:20 | Report Abuse

Hello guys, today I saw alot of counters closed red. I think it's a good chance to eye on some pullbacks.
Just to share about counters under my <Swing Trading> watchlist currently (mostly pullbacks), but please bear with a newbie like me, these are just my 2 cents view.

#pray-to-drop more: malton, destini, trop, pjdev, eforce & yeelee.
#waiting for candlesticks signal: lonbisc(just bought some today), dialog, titijaya, orna & engtex.

Hope matrixcool or other pro-s here to give some comment on them.

Thanks, with regards.

Posted by miracle4faith > 2014-04-28 22:23 | Report Abuse

i blame laughing stock ajib misprrronounciation in the press conference which obama as the main cause....hahahahahahaha ;)

kheng

1,167 posts

Posted by kheng > 2014-04-28 22:44 | Report Abuse

Dear Mat, i love the crisis as it's an opportunity to seek your advice. Else, u will be too busy entertaining other forumers. Mind u help me to read the chart for Mitrajaya? Thks in advance.

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-28 23:07 | Report Abuse

MrGala—I totally agree with you, when people are in fear it is good times to collect some stocks..I will wait for for maybe a confirmation candle to enter any trade..Thanks for sharing..

miracle4faith—Good one about Ajib..Ya let blame someone except ourselves..

WaSeong—The next support if break below $2.00 is $1.98/$1.95.. I may take some losses if break below $1.95...

kheng---Mitrajaya—I will look at it for you tomorrow. It is late now I need to wake up early for tomorrow morning jog.

Happy trading and good night..

Posted by miracle4faith > 2014-04-28 23:21 | Report Abuse

mat, do share with us if u manage to see any confirmation candle in any of the counter u eyeing at k...

dont forget to bring the good old cota while u jog in the morning k...nowadays, many muggers work early morning shift....

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-28 23:54 | Report Abuse

Matrix: Share the same thoughts as you on 3A. The risk is very low because I think there is a high probability 0.88 will hold. Even if it doesn't, I will clear at my stop loss of 0.87, about a 2.7% loss which I can take. In fact, I was waiting to get in below 0.90 which it did only in the afternoon.

Yes, your observation is true. When the market is down, most traders are down as well and most will prefer not to look at their screen. I suppose it is not easy for traders to detach their emotions from trading. But this is one important factor that we need to try to control. If not we will behave irrationally in our trades and it could mean suffering tremendous losses.

I always believe that anytime is a good time to trade. As long as we have analyzed a stock, came out with a trading plan with entry and exit prices in place, we can trade any stock anytime any day PROVIDED we carry out the plan with discipline. Most traders, I think, has a problem with cutting losses. Unfortunately, this is one of the most important aspect of trading that we need to master. I guess we need to take the good and the bad of trading.

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-29 07:34 | Report Abuse

morning guys!
tq mat for help!

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-29 08:02 | Report Abuse

kheng---I did the chart for cherry tomato on 12/03,

#MITRA—Very Bullish, after trading in the rectangle for almost 2 years plus, it breakout from $0.525 on the daily chart with volume and carry an immediate target of $0.585, TP2=$0.625 and long term target of $0.725.It is very bullish and any consolidation should find support at $0.555 and strong support at $0.525( Resistance turns support). Any weakness offer opportunity to collect for future play. Exit if $0.465 is violated.-- Cherry tomato( 12/03)#
After the reading, it actually broke all those targets I mentioned in March..
Stage 2 of the cycle and very bullish. Breakout from the round bottom on the weekly chart (Bullish implication) and has an estimated target of $0.79/$0.835.if break may try its previous high of $0.925/$0.935. Immediate support adjusts to $0.705/$0.675 and any weakness offer buying opportunity for future play. Congratulation, you are on a winner, but do remember to set a Trailing Stop to protect your profits in case there is a big pullback.

miracle4faith > Thanks, did not jog this morning as wife having a headache (ha, women with their headaches, day and night now..). Don”t worry will definitely highlight if I spotted any counter that gives a reversal signal. As long as you understand that it can be a false signal sometimes too..

ProfitMan—I totally agree with your observation..It is so easy when trades are in our favour..Lots of Hu-ah and become greedy..When it is against us the inner us will not accept that we have made a mistake. Finally, we end up as ‘involuntary investors’. I remembered last November 6 counters hit my Stop Loss and it was my worst month in 2013 which I incurred losses. Still life goes on, I manage to keep the capitals for new trades.

SpeedyBoy—You are right but choosing stock becomes more difficult, even yesterday they are 200+ counters that actually go up.

Happy trading

Posted by jennylee1382 > 2014-04-29 08:03 | Report Abuse

hi morning everyone

kheng

1,167 posts

Posted by kheng > 2014-04-29 08:14 | Report Abuse

Mat, thks for the chart reading. Truly salute u as a man of great wisdom.

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-29 10:21 | Report Abuse

Ohh panic selling today..

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-29 10:38 | Report Abuse

kheng—You are welcome and thanks for the kind words, profitMan, SF , htyeap also help out a lot in this thread too. Visit us more often and you can ask about TA on any stock here, we will do our best.

novice8—This is stock market, days like this always happen..remember to be disciplined.

Cleared ENGTEX to protect my capital and MUDA to protect my profits..

Happy Trading..

Posted by jennylee1382 > 2014-04-29 10:40 | Report Abuse

bro matrix is it correction coming

MrGala

217 posts

Posted by MrGala > 2014-04-29 10:41 | Report Abuse

due to coming may? lolol, mere speculation ~~~

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-29 10:59 | Report Abuse

jennylee1382—Remember to execute your plan, look at those level that you suppose to take losses if it is broken with volume do sell. If it is small volume due to weak holder wait and see whether it rebound back..Situation like this need to be cool headed and carry out your trading plan accordingly.

MrGala >Ya, lots of theories and some will claim they have warned us. When it started to rebound, some will claim they bought cheap. I heard all these stories before.

Bought in some PRTASCO at $1.86..

Happy Trading..

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2014-04-29 11:11 | Report Abuse

# novice 8, the traders bought in bulk and now have to discharge in bulk too. Mr Bursa usually take back more than what you got from him and with interest, unless the traders cut off their emotions and exercise very strong discipline over their greed.
Follow the trading plans given by Matrixcool and Profitman.
This way you can ride the market with some success.

I learnt a lot from Matrix and this has served me well in 2014.

tccher

51 posts

Posted by tccher > 2014-04-29 11:21 | Report Abuse

Morning everyone ! This morning big offer , bot in MPAY @0.29 .

tccher

51 posts

Posted by tccher > 2014-04-29 11:23 | Report Abuse

Matrixcool , Barakah coming ... good luck and have a nice day.

Posted by jennylee1382 > 2014-04-29 11:34 | Report Abuse

bro matrix tqvm for yr advise

novice8

603 posts

Posted by novice8 > 2014-04-29 11:47 | Report Abuse

Ya mat, tq for the advise!
I've been q" Prtasco too 1.85 this morning. I would like to have it as one of my mid to long term counter! Have been q" Caely too ;)

matrixcool

1,307 posts

Posted by matrixcool > 2014-04-29 12:09 | Report Abuse

choolooi—you are so right. The stock market is ruthless when it is heading south, all FA /TA becomes hopeless because we are dealing with human fears, nothing to do with the company performance.

tccher—Thanks and as per my posting tested its support of $1.60/$1.58 but holds.Still not out of wood yet..

novice8—Ya, good time to accumulate some stocks as the risk is getting lower, I collected PRTASCO earlier in $1.92, today, buy in at $1.86.. Now Av at $1.89…Stop Loss if $1.85 is violated taking 4 cents risk..need to break 41.95 to be bullish again..

Happy Trading..

Posted by miracle4faith > 2014-04-29 12:21 | Report Abuse

hi mat/profitman, would appreciate ur kind analysis on tdex after yesterdays ending?

thanx a million gentlemen....

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2014-04-29 14:04 | Report Abuse

Zzz

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-29 14:19 | Report Abuse

miracle4faith: TDex - in line with the weak market sentiment, it has come under profit taking pressures and is currently consolidating. Major support is at 0.20 but it appears to be facing stern resistance to clear 0.235. If the immediate support of 0.22 fails to hold, it will test the support at 0.20 Selling pressure appears well absorbed for the time being and if 0.22 holds, it could be poised to continue its uptrend.

ProfitMan

2,094 posts

Posted by ProfitMan > 2014-04-29 14:27 | Report Abuse

matrix/choolooi - well said.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz