Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-03 17:53 | Report Abuse

Hi all, this group is created in order to discuss value stocks. Talk anything here! muahahha

42 people like this.

3,626 comment(s). Last comment by chinesetea 2018-03-12 08:11

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-26 23:40 | Report Abuse

Chrollo yea, actually im looking for an O&G counter to add in to my portfolio for this year. So want to hear some comments from you guys. I personally pefer barakah as well based on its aggressiveness. Perisai I didn't see any improvement from its 3 quarter results compare to prior year. SKpetro I haven't look into detail. Hibiscus, I shy away from high risk counter.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-27 00:19 | Report Abuse

Sorry guys, the remindser mentioned it before the package was awarded. When I looked at it, it was rm 1.20 before bagging the contract. Now it is a lot different with contracts in the bag. Things has changed a lot since.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-27 09:31 | Report Abuse

I owned Barakah and sold them as the market sentiment not so good currently. Thick book of contracts but it would be better if I can know how well these contracts can be converted into profits. Also how prudent and reliable is their directors.

Market drops 25 points. 32 up vs 519 down. Stay sideline ya guys. Don't simply purchase bank-related counters especially "cheap" Maybank & CIMB. If Inari dropped to below 80 cents just buy.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-27 13:13 | Report Abuse

Guys attended CIMB market outlook for 2014 on last Saturday, Just share with you all.
Malaysia GDP projected by IMF to growth by 4.8% in 2014
KLCI forecasted at 1880-2030 with a 16 P/E ratio, Kinna good.
Sector to watch, Oil & Gas, Construction and Property

Top pick on O&G SapuraKencana, Perisai and Barakah
Construction; Gamuda, Engtex
Property ; Mah Sing, UEM sunrise, Matrix Concept
Special stocks to watch, Karex, Signature ( largest inbuild cabinet for new properties , has been a lately trend for new properties launching with inbuild cabinets. kitchenette)

KLCI next cycle downtrend might be on 2015
Bros watch closely on O&G and Properties, many feng shui expert also says this year lots of Fire, O&G counters are predicted to boom looking at a great year for this sector in 2013, may continue to growth further. Lets pick a good O&G counter and we move in.

Let me know your thoughts which O&G counter, I personally like Barakah and looking closely at Sapura Kencana as well.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-27 13:54 | Report Abuse

Assam , Inari you recommend? can share more info bro?

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-27 15:39 | Report Abuse

Bro assam if Inari drop till 80 cents that's hell a lot drop.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-27 16:01 | Report Abuse

haha, just joking invest1818 bro. Inari was trading at discount price of 77 cents on 27 August 2013, while CIMB having great discount too at 7 ringgit plus minus It was my mistake to pick CIMB and sacrificed Inari.

I realised my mistake after that, sold CIMB at bought Inari at RM1.20. Never done any purchase after that. Been wondering is this a golden time to reload Inari again.

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-01-27 16:17 | Report Abuse

Property saham lagi boleh di 2014 ini?

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-27 16:53 | Report Abuse

tewnama, last sat attended satu market outlook, mcm ok bagi 2014. 1st Q 2014 slow sikit pick up , half 2014 will be better.

current market down was due to few factors;
1) Argentina economy turmoil
2) China economy slowdown is getting worst
3) US QE tapering discussion this week

Let see after this week Fed meeting see hows the improvement and after CNY next week. Retail investors are still intact but foreign fund is flowing out.

Foreign fund out from msia almost 2.8billion since last April 2013 starting to flow out and massive flow out during Nov'13 till now.

Opportunity to grab bros, on hold first. Tewnama CIMB recommend O&G, Construction and Property in 2014.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-27 16:54 | Report Abuse

bro assam inari I like its financial fundamental especially the leap growth it has on latest financial compare to last year. Any more info to share besides its fundamental. Eyeing on it.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-27 17:22 | Report Abuse

tewnama: BIG property player memang akan tempang 2014. UEMS, Trop, Mahsing, Sunway semuanya akan slowly hancur, followed by SpSetia, UOA & Huayang. Tapi I memang confident dengan Ecoworld & Matrix. Brem & MKH boleh stand out juga.

Sentimen Market mmg teruk. Baik jangan beli apa-apa dahulu sebelum market recover. Masa sah recover baru boleh start average down fundamental stocks seperti Presbhd, Dsonic & lain-lain.

Sharing from Unclez:

No CNY rally
Apparently there is no CNY rally this year. With selldown in DJIA last Friday, sentiment definitely won't be good here. KLSE has been rallied for so many months now. Some corrections in KLSE is not unexpected. This question is when. Don't be so much of those who said when DJIA up, KLSE will up. Likewise when DJIA down, KLSE will down. Not quite.

Fundamentally, KLSE is a different market all together with DJIA. What we can relate is just the emotion and psychological parts. These are the most often time that we relate to with DJIA. Other than that, it is pure hot air. Some even go as far as saying when DJIA down, the money will flow to KLSE and hence KLSE will up. Based on the same logic, if DJIA is up, money should flows out from KLSE and hence KLSE should down. Last week wasn't the case isn't when DJIA was up but KLSE was hammered. So, don't believe so much of the analysts' views on this and that.

KLSE market should be intact for 2014. Of course, there will be some corrections along the way. Pick strong company in good sector. Playing penny stocks will be riskier this year unless you have strong insider information.

Lastly but not the least, investing in stock market should be a pleasure venture. Enjoy the show and ride on the trend. Any weakness in market is opportunity gain for long term strategy.

http://unclezmalaysia.blogspot.com/2014/01/no-cny-rally.html

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-27 17:24 | Report Abuse

I bought inari at rm1 and out at 1.63. Fundamentally good and going to main board soon as application was submitted.

I wouldn't hesitate to grab again if there is cheap sales. I think today market more or less factor in the bad news. Today FTSE is also down and may be another day of sell down and then wait for the tapering news.

Keep an eye on 29 meeting outcome and prepare for your shopping list
:-). Today our portfolio really looks like chinese new year and make a lost!. Let's see how it can holds out in the long term.

As expected the boring stock CBIP is hardly move. This is a very good one to preserve fund like a bond but got potential to rise in the future.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-27 21:55 | Report Abuse

Today is indeed a bloody day lol.. never i have seen all the index dropped red colour sprawled on the floor..

So i attended the Maybank Investment Talk a while ago and here is what i gathered.

1) Improving global economy good for Msia external demand.
2) end 2014 KLCI target at 1940 at 15.8x PER
3) Year of Wooden Green Horse is never good for stock markets
4) Top stock pick HLB, AMMB, MPHB, Bumi Armada, IJM, TIME, Cahya Mata Swk, SPK
5) Performing industry; Real estate, Education, Communication, Energy and Food
6) Barakah appears as valuation that lags behind its peer.

I realized a lot cover Barakah.. alot sales but dunno bout its receivable all..

Now is actually the best time to check for undervalued stocks.. KLCI is under 50 days SMA.. I bliff its next support is 1769 as it has closed down below 1781.. thats just my analysis.. Rebound is not seen for now.. Lets see how Dow fares..

Regarding Financial industries, feng shui said not good this year.. see how it goes.. currently HSBC is the main cause in fear.. if this leads to contagion effect then its very bad..

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-27 22:00 | Report Abuse

asamlaksa, property stock tempang, but good time to accumulate real property.. And i realized most speaker direct the audience to johor johor johor.. im not sure they want to make the demand higher, or that the supply has already more than demand in johor.. seems to me they are kind of desperate to push the properties in johor..

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-27 22:36 | Report Abuse

Chrollo you must remember only to collect winners ya. Don't pick old uncle like Mahsing, Trop, UEMS, Sunway, Daiman, Plenitude, KSL & Hunza. If Kangkung lead SpSetia skip that also. Not sustainable.

Oh ya regarding the Winners of 2013 I think picking a stock with high ROE is pretty safe. Look at Datasonic, HLCAP, Inari, TNLogis or even MYEG. All having ROE of more than 20. So winning chance is 50-50.

If market still offering sales before CNY these are my shopping list:
Inari, Latitud, Homeritz, Pestech, Willow, Wellcall, Eco, Dsonic, Presbhd, MKH, Tnlogis & matrix

Oh ya Chrollo how's your Sumatec ?? Saw you quite active there. Any good news coming ??

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-27 22:58 | Report Abuse

Has anyone looked at SAB?
I also suggest Pestech, MKH and Matrix.
Another one to watch is takaful and price has dropped much and since it give very high dividend and if market bounce back, it will become be up like in last September.
Be careful guys and remember don't play contra and avoid penny stock. Don't gamble your house !

If index is going to bounce back, then blue chip will win, it's a double edge sword.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-27 23:19 | Report Abuse

My 2 cents on SAB

Pros: Good business mode. The land at Kota Kemuning (Beside the hot-selling IJM Rimbayu) is indeed very much precious. Sri Kota is a famous medical center in Klang. I heard it's always full house. Net cash company.
Cons: High PE given average single digit ROE. No divedends given for 3 years.

Chinesetea: Mind to tell the reason you took profit on Takaful ? I still remembered it's a powerful bull last year. Actually from my observation more and more affluent Malays picking up Islamic finance / syariah-compliant insurance like Takaful. If I'm not mistaken Takaful actually monopoly the Islamic Insurance in Malaysia.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-27 23:29 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing about SAB. I took profit at rm9.3 on 14 of Aug for takaful and use all fund to buy DSonic around rm3 and you can see that takaful dropped immediately after that. Never regret buying dsonic. Then after few months, there are more news about takaful and push it above rm10 and new target was set. I believe it can go back to above rm10 when the dividend payment is closed.

I only sell good stock if I find a better one. Then I sell DSonic to buy ecoworld, mkh and brem. My pick got 50% change kena UMA :-)

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-27 23:30 | Report Abuse

Still keep some DSonic and wait for next good report and added to my stable stock list in addition to CBIP.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-27 23:37 | Report Abuse

Those are also the stocks which is under my watch list...profit good roe high.. now cny alot sales eh.. but see the meeting how first.. most important is high roe and high margin of safety should be fine..

yes sumatec for me is my choice of ong this year.. actually there are good news coming soon 2013 quarter profit.. The problem with that counter is internal issues.. director is selling and changing hands to assume control by certain someone.. few times sumatec is hit with good news but it never move much.. when news comes out, director throw their shares but the funny thing is there is a certain someone are able to absorb it.. It is full of uncertainties for short term.. but once is comes out from pn17 I bliff will be good.. my personal time line is until 2017 of nth goes wrong.. but my nearest time line is June 2014..

have to be active there to read the sharing of ideas and knowledge by people.. need to jaga this basket of egg hahaha

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-27 23:42 | Report Abuse

wa chinesetea... sedap ah ur profit....hahahah how u even manage to find those stocks.. u browse thru each stock?? I feel checking stocks one by one is quite a waste of time =/ but need hard work also at last.. personally I only hold one counter for now.. when things settled I maybe will diversify into kossan/karex, pres and ecoworld.. Karen still has yet to get reply from bursa bout it's bonus issue.. Once I set up my portfolio I'm gonna let it run and focus on study for my last semester huhuhu

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-27 23:47 | Report Abuse

asamlaksa noted! but sp setia... what is ur guys view on it for mid term? There is plenty of sales booked with receivables coming soon.. and on top of that I heard land injection will also follow up..but all of these is just rumours.. let's see when liew leave how they will play with their share prices.. worth to watch for it..

sumatec is a high risk counter in a sense that we won't know when it will move as if has been sideways for some time... If u guys are interested can have a look at it after quarter report is out..past report is no use to look at due to new plans and regularisation activities..

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 00:07 | Report Abuse

Chrollo,

I am not that clever. It's my own 'unclez' that work as remindser for more than 20 years that give me tips. He spotted Dsonic at rm2.1 and inari at rm 1.

He don't do the research much either but he can spot funds gradually collecting certain stock at very early stage, then filter those counter and do some analysis and pass the info to me. I then do more research of the potential and valuing the stock. By the time it hit news, it already become a third hand info and big guys already collect it for sometime. I also find counter myself by reading a lot and working in IB also help.

All counter suggested by him can stand firm and not many research house cover it.

I am still learning and of course I have made a lot of mistake that I haven't told you and my remindser also experience several crash and he know more. You need to get burn sometimes to learn and hopefully we don't pay too high price for that. So make sure you don't make large position. Gain little by little and I have warned many times, don't play contra and don't buy warrant, just my 2 cents.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-28 08:47 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, appreciate you could share if your remisier got any good recommendation to you. Don't forget your bros over here ^^.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-28 16:14 | Report Abuse

Reading hibiscus forum and is damn funny.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 17:14 | Report Abuse

What a green day. Hope you guys buy follow our recommendations for Takaful and Pestech, in top 20 today. 50% chance correct, not too bad. ;-).

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 17:23 | Report Abuse

Hibiscus forum is a joke. If you have free time you can treat that as novel. Lots of conspiracy theory.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-28 20:12 | Report Abuse

Invest1818: Seems like you're having great time reading Hibiscus's forum. What are they talking about recently ??

Chinesetea: Great one. You're 50% Correct. Unlike me I have too much of choices, increasing my accuracy significantly. Takaful & Pestech performing well today. I'm anticipating the results of our selected shares to be released. Should be very good for all. But can Pestech sustain the EPS of 11 sen last Q ??

Chrollo: SPSetia should be okay for 3 more years to come. But after that is a question mark. Injection of assets very much possible, but personally I prefer enjoying ride with a reliable & trusted pilot. Wow portfolio. You don't need to do final year project? Don't worry all bros here will wish you all the best for your final semester.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-28 21:36 | Report Abuse

Assam, no just happen to drop by its forum when I saw the share plunge thought is a second wave of plunging. MOst of them are bombarding flowerpower. Anyhow , they sounded like kids. Today I bought some prestariang shares and Matrix.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-28 23:24 | Report Abuse

HAHAHAHAH no la normally i at uni do project very efficient de.. coz i force myself to do it efficiently so i have time for my loved ones and also my hobby.. set myself a limit time and force myself to be efficient and not to work overtime.. bad habit to sacrifice time for efficiency..

yes i know right.. Hibiscus lol.. funny serious i laugh when read.. got detective, and theory and even scam and stuff lol.. sometimes being in forum can be bad and good.. see how u handle it..

chinesetea, how come unclez can direct tell u wan we oso wanna know T_T then i wanna help do research also.. give me a stock and i check its fundamentals! and share with u guys see see for view and corrections.. i kena burn by contra so i never touched contra.. but i bought warrant =,= high gearing.. lol 50% chance correct is enough if profit > than losing stocks.. today good day after panic drop yday.. many also say theory of ppl pushing down KLCI to pick it cheaply.. lol..

asamlaksa, true story bro.. lets see how it unfold.. now Ecoworld is at discount stopping at pit stop.. once change tyre, ready to go another lap.. thanks for the wishes! haha!

invest1818, why ur funds so kao lat a lot wan =,= my funds finished adi.. lols... never work so fund also never come in so sad =.=

btw guys i would like to ask u all opinions, what good a private placement can do to a company?? Sumatec just issued a private placement.. wanna get views from u ;D

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 23:26 | Report Abuse

Both FTSE and Dow up at the time of writing, want to guess who is up tomorrow. If you get one in the top 10, 1 points :-) . Pick maximum 3 stocks

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-28 23:38 | Report Abuse

KLCI has a good candlelight signal.. but volume cannot see in the chart nexus and volume is one of the most important indicator.. possible reversal because
i)bullish harami
ii) bounce back at 200 day MA
iii) fibonnaci retracement at 100% with signal

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-28 23:38 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, as in top 10 gainers? big cap stock sure top the list de eh hehehe on on

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 23:44 | Report Abuse

Let me start first. Just a wild guess and don't follow me
Genting, HLCap, Karex for top 10 tomorrow.

Following will be up
Ecoworld, PPB.

I don't think I am that lucky everyday, haha, let's see tomorrow.

Can't look at TA as it is affected by market sentiment.
I predict you will notice lots of local professor, warren buffett and taiwai 股神 publish doom article :-)

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-28 23:48 | Report Abuse

Chrollo, big cap stock can be top loser as well. So which one will you pick?

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-29 00:04 | Report Abuse

Wow, guessing game. I Like.

My pick:
KLK, Nestle, HLFG

But probability of kena very tiny. Can be top 10 loser also.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 00:07 | Report Abuse

i would pick.. lets see..
CIMB, BAT, PRES,

Hopefully following will up
OCK, Sumatec

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 00:08 | Report Abuse

walao i stress adi HAHAHAHA

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 00:09 | Report Abuse

why u all can write down so fast?? i need to check chart first see see and dun even know ngam or not ><

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 00:12 | Report Abuse

btw any view on private placement?? hehe its smth new to me..

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-29 00:13 | Report Abuse

Don't take it seriously, just a game.
You can change your mind 2 hours before market is open. Don't check the queue :-)
I have been playing this game myself and a lot of times, I said to myself, why did't I bought that if I know it's going to up. With more practice, you may perfect your skill. It's good to have you guys to learn together.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 00:16 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, ok will do.. wont play cheat hehe no meaning if i do that and i will only make myself worse.. game also ganjiong ma all power people here le hehe.. u just light up a bulb in my head about why i never play this guessing game with myself before..

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-29 08:35 | Report Abuse

My pick is on kossan, prestariang , karex. Matrix too. haha all is my portfolio of course wants it to rebound higher. haha

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-29 08:54 | Report Abuse

pls include marco and eco also. =]

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 09:08 | Report Abuse

invest1818, how many stocks u holding in ur portfolio?? will overdiversify?? im still learning how to diversify, what % to put on. i scare to diversify because scare if i choose 10, only 1 will up 99 but other 9 not so 99 so wasted.. btw good de morning!

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-29 09:22 | Report Abuse

no chrollo I hold not more then 5 normally and in diff sectors coz to avoid competition. Im holding Kossan, MKH, Matrix, Prestariang, Ecoworld, Karex and one penny stock Marco which gives awesome dividend just declared a 3rd interim dividend of 8% , price pushing up. I have 7 on hand now and will take profit if either one doesn't perform up to my expectation and remain below 5 for profit maximization. Warren buffet once said, too diversify indicates you are not confident with your portfolio better focus on a few to maximize your bullets on it and return as well.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-29 09:26 | Report Abuse

so your stocks has equal weightage? or u make some more %?? Marco is good according to FA..
but that day, i went to a watch shop and ask bout Marco when i bought a Baby G watch. They say now they are not taking stocks from Marco because its more expensive.. There are other companies that offer cheaper price for the same product and quality (eg. baby G). He did not mentioned the name but it seems for him Marco is supplying at a more premium price for them.. Competition is creeping up it seems..

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-29 09:27 | Report Abuse

Chrollo did u notice sometimes your stocks up but other down and you wish you had more bullets on it. Your are right 10 stocks on hand if 1 up rest down u still lose money. Likewise need to filter further and observe the best 5 or less and hit it hard. Chrollo wait for crisis if crisis comes slam all in one counter which u think is the best returns and most undervalue that's how many builds wealth. We call it " SAI LANG" That's why this group , we need to closely attach with one another and if crisis come lets filter all potential counters and make a good votes will all facts supports and " SAI LANG" One time gao gao return. Opportunity will come again like Dsonic.

invest1818

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-29 09:32 | Report Abuse

Chrollo , I weight stocks based on risk and FA. So is weighted out accordingly , those long runners, solid and high growth I invest more on it like kossan, matrix. Predictions and high hopes like MKH and Eco I weight it average on my investment and prestariang and Marco I put it for shorter terms coz of high dividend payout. Im still looking for an O&G counter but still haven't find one. I will remain my portfolio within 5 or less so easy for me to manage and follow its news and trend.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-29 09:33 | Report Abuse

Is that so Chrollo ?? Then Invest1818 you need to learn more abou this.

Private placement is a method to generate fund by selling shares to a particular funds or bank. The sale are needed to generate large funds to have more operating capital. Normally these funds will hold for long period so it's not a big deal. But the fund generated can be used to do something big like acquiring other businesses, buy more machines bla bla bla~

Summary: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/privateplacement.asp