Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-03 17:53 | Report Abuse

Hi all, this group is created in order to discuss value stocks. Talk anything here! muahahha

42 people like this.

3,626 comment(s). Last comment by chinesetea 2018-03-12 08:11

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-21 23:33 | Report Abuse

chrollo I look at it quite good so tomorrow will fund in some. Since this is a penny stock , risk are there but casio has been here for ages, it comforts me and I still remember those days on G shock which I had it for my birthday and don't forget the casio calculator we always use. Seeing some uptrend there. I like earnings growing coy especially products which I can see daily and massively in use and growth with increase of population.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-21 23:33 | Report Abuse

sorry, non current liability.. btw Thanks invest!

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-21 23:36 | Report Abuse

IM eyeing closely on eco as well as I felt will be another round of coaster ride before liew joins in or become an adviser of the board. Just my speculation but confirm will buy in if ppl start throwing lower,

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-21 23:38 | Report Abuse

Thanks for your insight Chrollo. I think your chart reading skills is pretty good and we may learn greatly from you. Will you able to share how you learn from this?

You may not believe the reason that I don't play penny stock. Because of the timezone difference, I need to ask my remindser to execute trade for me and he charge buy or sell RM40 minimum of it is lower than 0.07. If I execute trade myself, I would need to wake up in the middle of the night. Or very early in the morning when force selling time occur. Profit margin is also not good and I want to win big and my target each year is 30-40%.

Since I am not buying and selling frequently, I normally choose something that can grow in the long term (2-3 years). I may start playing penny stock in the last phase of bull cycle when mid size stock not moving enough.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-21 23:40 | Report Abuse

And please don't say my pick is always good. If I am right 7 out of 10, I am happy. I need to learn from you guys as well since we share the same view. Don't forget, unclez is also our mentor although he never appear in this thread :-)

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-21 23:45 | Report Abuse

Hi invest1818, i have checked on the fundamentals of MARCO, it is like u said. it is awesome. If i did not interpret it correctly debt to equity ratio is 0 which is good because no long term debt.
And its ability to pay interest is 151.6 times which is very good. i would give a tp of 20-25 cents based on its cash flow growth. But it is just an indicator as kcc said this is flawed. im still reading up books on using different ways to value a company.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-21 23:48 | Report Abuse

Hi chinesetea, im still a newbie >< scare not so reliable. sometimes may go wrong oso. technical and fundamental is like an art. Both are different from everyone's view. Hope my art wont turn ugly hahaa. waaa different timezone? means u are somewhere in the western side i presume? Syok nyeeeeerr.. ya unclez also havent post since the last post in 13/1/2014. Never seen him comment anything in i3 also.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-21 23:50 | Report Abuse

Oh ya, i just keep reading books and see how they interpret. Like FA, even TA chartist interpret things differently altho it is the same pattern and same name. Some may view volume as important some may not. Some may say one of the double bottom must be lower than the another one. I think at last also come back to ourselves. How we fish.. You also must share how u get 30-40% and above with us? How can u screen so many stocks and choose which one is good??

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-22 00:31 | Report Abuse

I am in London for nearly 20 years and working in Investment bank.
I am here because I didn't get credit in Malay :-) end up studying here with scholarship. That's all I can tell and like to remain anonymous.
30%-40% is just my wishful thinking :-). Just read lots of report and news. You all bought Dsonic and already achieve 300% , so all of you sifu already haha.
Nothing is guarantee. Let's just share with each other.

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2014-01-22 00:33 | Report Abuse

Chrollo, can u recommend any books ? im new n wanna learn TA n FA. thank you

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-22 00:49 | Report Abuse

I recommend this to start with
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warren-Buffett-Interpretation-Financial-Statements/dp/1849833192
Although it will be better if someone can find books for malaysia stock market.

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2014-01-22 06:15 | Report Abuse

Tq chinesetea for the recommendation... I think that one is classic book?

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-22 09:20 | Report Abuse

Chinesetea you at London , did u manage to invest on some banking shares like LLyods and Barcley when they slump down in 2 yrs ago? If yes you must have make lots of gain from it. I miss that boat.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-22 09:25 | Report Abuse

chrollo , you are right about Marco. Another thing I like is there is no major group on its shareholders mainly individuals and as u can see their dividend payout is very high as they do not have any debts which bears high interest payment. This is what I like and based on the 3 quarter results, if consistent , their final quarter results will be better then last quarter and last financial year as well. I see growing and I like the common reputable use products which you can see everywhere in Malaysia or other Asean countries. Just top in 90lots for a try. Wish me luck bros and hope can get some ang pow money from it.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-22 09:26 | Report Abuse

Hepitrade, ypu can try Adam Khoo books on "winning stocks". Is a good book to read as well. Best seller in popular and MPH bookstores.

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2014-01-22 09:32 | Report Abuse

tq invest1818.. :)

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-22 12:42 | Report Abuse

Tommylim:

Asiapac for me is just a flattish company. Nothing much to shout about. I owned their shares before and took profit few months ago. They are not aggressive in their development, thus the return is below average. 15 cents will be a good price to go in but the recent surge being gorenged. They are an old company but failed to prove they are as strong as other prop players. Trade with cautious.

Tommylim

335 posts

Posted by Tommylim > 2014-01-22 12:53 | Report Abuse

Appreciate your feedback Assamlaksa. Evendo i disagree with you especialy latest development of Asiapac but at least i know point of view from others. This help me and others to make measured actions. Thank you.

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2014-01-22 13:01 |

Post removed.Why?

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-22 15:55 | Report Abuse

Bro assam, market heading bearish? Momentum has been slowing down since new year till now. Hope to see a whole week bull push with mostly greens ^^

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-22 16:06 | Report Abuse

Invest1818:

Exactly. Market heading bearish. Not optimistic as investors tend to take profit for Ang Pow. When investors continuously withdraw money from particular stocks, the share price stumbled. 227 counters up vs 417 down. Index doesnt reflect the real situation.

Look at XDL that we discussed two days ago. Luckily didn't enter else terus paper loss 27%. That's why be cautious with penny stocks.

Marco fundamentally above average (75/100). But the sentiment is not good to invest. Plus now huge volume indicating a lot of contra / speculative players.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-22 17:07 | Report Abuse

Yeap lucky didn't touch XDL. Marco free float is relatively low no major corporations handling it, can hold it for good dividends and for longer runs.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-22 17:08 | Report Abuse

aiya hepitrade I also wan intro the Adam khoo de hahaha good book and very nice but quite basic.. another book I would like to recommend is The New Buffetology very good good book for FA..

asamlaksa, good advise given thanks..market discount soon as CNY is nearing buy hopefully tmr index is green but I haven't check the chart yet.. yeap xdl close 33% lower I think a lot people kena burn..whenever right issue is coming, some party go push it very high and sell down.. I kena once before lol.. so never buy a stock when near their ex date..lesson learned..hope invest1818 never entered

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-22 17:55 | Report Abuse

Guys this is podcast from BFM. It's about picking winners of the year.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/bfm_podcast/45285.jsp

Listen until 10:45 will do

* Chinesetea you might like it.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-22 18:07 | Report Abuse

Market Close: KLCI falls 0.1% on QE concerns, weaker ringgit

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/business-news/272190-market-close-klci-falls-01-on-qe-concerns-weaker-ringgit-.html

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-22 18:11 | Report Abuse

invest1818, I did buy few european banking shares at great discount after Lehman collapsed including hsbc hk at 35. Can't say I make a fortune but all of them have increased 100%-300%. These chances are rare and only occur once or twice every decade. I have saved some bullet and waiting for the next crash :-).

Recently also bought some royal mail shares at IPO at 330p and it's on the way to be double.

Just need to be brave enough at the right time to pick up value stock at major crash.

Like ecoworld, not many brave enough to buy when it crash to near 3.5 and lots of people chasing high when it was heading to 4.85.

In the last few days, most shares are down because of profit taking near CNY and I also take it as small chance to top up.

XDL drop is amazing. If you buy chinese counter expect it to drop near chinese new year. Althought TA is helpful, you can never expect incident like this. Penny stock also easier for people to goreng so that's another reason I try to avoid unless you stay at the monitor all the time. (Look at the top 20 most active stock)

So FA has to be go first before TA. TA is only helpful when the shares follow a pattern for sometime. I have seen a few case that shark play counter act the TA, for example purposely push price to cross above MACD and then sell them when other TA followers buy.

If FA is strong like DSONIC, you don't need to panic when it drop below RM2 and you know that it will bounce back because it is still undervalue.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-22 18:40 | Report Abuse

That's why I like Malaysia stock. Incredible increase can occur.
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/bfm_podcast/45285.jsp
I have 5 from the list :-)

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-22 23:11 | Report Abuse

I think the best way to learn from the past winners is to study what has occured during their breakout, their news, and their FA. 4% of 1000 stocks in KLSE can do that. half of them are untraded. So that makes around 6-8% of chances to hit an impressive stock. But also we must bear in mind it is a bull year and we cant expect that to happen again and again.

Anyone has any ideas on how the stocks have similarities?? Im checking on the TA and see is there any clues.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 09:22 | Report Abuse

Lucky didn't bought XDL, I shifted over to Marco coz on my portfolio I would like to have one penny stocks. XDL was on my target a couple of months ago but till today I still do not have confident on it coz is a china based company. Likewise thanks to bro Assam for his warning and that stops me from buying it. Thanks bro assam.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 09:26 | Report Abuse

Grtz chinese tea definately make a good returns if u pick up much stocks from the FTSE especially on the banking counters. ^^

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-23 10:07 | Report Abuse

Do you guys have any ideas how to get the top % gainers in 2013?? and also the list of small cap stocks in KLSE? i realize that normally most the top gainers all come from below Rm1

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-23 10:43 | Report Abuse

That's why we are having this value thread. At least when we wish to buy some stocks, we can discuss with each other and get a different perspective. XDL is the best China based counter. Yes, CHINA COUNTER. Can't expect too much.

MARCO

S: CASIO a trusted household name for watches, calculators and camera. Marco the fundamental is much more better than other penny stocks. ROE of 15 and net cash company with good earnings. High dividend yield.

W: As the share price is low, expect a lot of contras kaki there. Not forgetting about those trappers eagerly waiting to exit. Look at the chart for past one year. August 2013 to Jan 2014 investors being trapped at range of 15 sen to 15.5 sen for a period of 6 months. So your cash might be trapped there together with millions of seller and buyers everyday.

O: If the ROE able to reach 20% together with major breakthrough in businesses, very possible can reach 20 cents. Let's say establishing a new subsidiary to be authorized dealer of some branded watches. Since secondary school students are required to buy Casio calculator for their maths & add maths, the coming 1Malaysia Book Voucher will provide some advantages if book stores accepting voucher for purchase of calculators

T: Stiff competition of mid range watches in the market. For example Baby-G watches VS Ice watches & Swatch. Casio edifices VS Seiko, Fossil & DKNY.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-23 11:28 | Report Abuse

Chrollo: This list (http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/bfm_podcast/45285.jsp) should be good enough. Else The Edge Malaysia 4th Jan issue also got publish Top 30 if not mistaken.

Below RM1 doesnt mean it's a small cap. Small Cap refers to Market Capitalization, total shares times share price.

1) Barakah: RTO of Vastralux, Initial price of Vastralux only 2 cents, so high percentage spike, Thick contract book, O&G counter
2) Ecoworld: RTO of Focal, Take over of all remaining shares, Tan Sri Effect, All Sold out projects.
3) Datasonic: The Best Fundamental in bursa, High ROE, High profit, thick contract, IC project, recession proof, share split
4) HlCap: Good fundamental, Privatization by Tan Sri QLC, Dr Yu acquired shares in open market pushed up price, low public float,
5) IRCB: Goreng
6) Visy: Goreng
7) Inari: Good fundamental, ACE transfer to main market, iphone & samsung phenomenal smartphones market
8) Tiongnam: Good fundamental, aggressive expansion & growth, property selling good in johor, share split

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 11:56 | Report Abuse

Good SWAT analysis Assam. What happen to MKH today.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-23 12:32 | Report Abuse

MKH i believe most of the recent buyers bought between RM2.70 to RM3.20 after the media exposure, high target price by research houses as well as continuous uptrend in share price during the 30 Dec to 6 Jan period. They hold and anticipate price to surge higher, which is not happening anyway. Thus continuous profit taking / cutting losses dragged down the price, together with panic selling. Fundamental intact & super strong support at RM3+-

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 15:25 | Report Abuse

For the past 2 weeks keep seeing red. Havent CNY already all red. haha.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-23 15:25 | Report Abuse

wa Asam, SWOT also u can do.. geng.. Bout the calculator, yes bookstore do accept the vouchers to buy calculator as far as im concern coz im studying.. yeap.. true true.. Share price is the Market Cap divided by the amt of shares.. so more shares more cheap..
China man are known to do business in a very aggressive manner.. btw i think they need money or else they wont need to issue so much for $$. Too diluted adi the shares.. The more diluted the share is, the harder it is for the price to go up.. Will Markmoore RTO Sumatec? hopefully HAHAHA

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-23 15:30 | Report Abuse

btw, Zhulian, anyone taking note on it? Some say its due to Thailand, but from Quarter report it seems they say mainly caused by local's demand.. Many uncertainty and different stories there in there..

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-01-23 17:27 | Report Abuse

Zhulian i will advise NOT to test water or collect at low. I saw some even commented can get high dividend yield with current price. Now EPS only RM0.03, I am very sure that next Q result will be as bad if not worst. Such bad earnings need to fork out cash reserves to feed you a mere RM0.07 dividends, one day already can wipe out RM1.01. Dividend is obsolete if company not able to have excellent earnings.

Fundamental has changed, cannot fish at low.
Only our Ecoworld can fly from low of RM3.60 to high of RM4.14 in few hours.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-23 18:36 | Report Abuse

Agree with asamlaksa regarding Zhulian. I have avoided this counter from day one. My mentor asked me to chose between coastal and zhulian when both was traded around RM3.2 - RM3.5 and my first reaction is to think about the stability of the income. Coastal won contract and earning is in the bag and Zhulian profit is based on hope that more people will buy food and once it is affected by the political issues in Thailand, it will go south.

Almost all counter are red today. It will be a good chance to study which one stand firm and which one is the goreng one. It's a good chance to look at several undervalue stock and prepare to buy. When people sell you buy. When everyone say buy, you sell.

Yesterday top gainer can become today's top loser. Today's top loser can become tomorrow top gainer.

There is also some funds preparing for the next QE meeting at Jan 28-29. So we can expect big funds pull out to reduce risk. Since UK and US economy is picking up, some fund may divert their fund to these countries.

Personally, I will choose MKH as the fundamental is strong. The revenue of property has increased 60% and plantation business has started to contribute to the earning. Once all those kaki that hope the counter price can be double gone, this price will gradually rise according to the earning.

The top criteria I choose for stock is that the earning prospect must be good. Then the market will be adjusted to it even after big selling.

Like setia, the earning is in the bag because lots of unbill sales created last year but can it last? Some can still buy it in expectation of asset injection but I think the profit will not be as good and will be another Zhulian once all the sales is billed and no fresh revenue.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 22:21 | Report Abuse

Chinesetea very good sharing you had there. Thanks bro.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-23 22:22 | Report Abuse

Chinese tea I love this phrase when everyone selling u buy and when everyone starts to buy u start to sell. But need to make sure you don't buy on a falling knife. Only applies to fundamental stocks.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-24 05:01 | Report Abuse

Thanks. Of course only buy back when it turn up trend again. I normally use Chart but sometimes if it is a good value counter you just need to bite the bullet as the window may be small like what happen to ecoworld recently. If the whole market is down then the view is different as the downtrend is not affected by fundamentals changes. Need to keep a close eye on foreign fund.

It is almost impossible to beat the computer algo trading. Sometimes in trading floor when the us job data is published or qe meeting result is out, you can see all screen turn green or red depends on the result in a matter for seconds. So it is better to be safe to buy good value stock for long term instead of buy/sell based on news flow.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-24 08:40 | Report Abuse

Absolutely agree with you Chinesetea. Btw bro whats your view on the current market? Will able to pick up at hit 1900 as predicted by some experts or sign of moving over to bearish outlook? I'm still optimistic that the market can push further up looking into non significant impact from the global economy as US and Europe seems recovering and now looking into China only whether Beijing will start some stimulation on china's economic to prevent further slowdown.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-24 10:02 | Report Abuse

But i read of some articles saying that actually Msian shares are not as effective as as US. Basically the information here still lags and delayed before it reached public like what is demonstrated in Zhulian and also previously Hibiscus. The current market is beared down by coming CNY as everyone will get scare when holidays are long. Like previous week 3 days holiday caused the KLCI index to drop significantly. After CNY if it continues to be bearish then i dont see 1900 is achievable since foreign funds are withdrawing with the next Fed meeting on Feb i think

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-24 18:17 | Report Abuse

invest1818,

I think KLCI is mainly affected by US tapering meeting and China recently data. When China post bad data it affect Dow. Also the tapering is start to taking effect and cause volatility in Asia.
Also when US economy is picking up, asia is normally affected.

The market is concern about additional tapering to $65 billion and may withdraw fund ahead of the meeting to reduce exposure until there is some certainty. If the $65 is announced, they will be some downtrend initially and once the news is digested, then it will bounce back. If the outcome of the meeting is to remain $75, then expect an immediate upside. The rally may take few weeks and that's the best chance to sell before the next meeting. If you understand the cycle, then you know when to buy low and sell high. This is just my personal opinion, I may be completely wrong.

In first phase of bear market, blue chip will be first to be affected and when the bull in the first phase, blue chip is also the winner. So I will avoid blue chip even it is fundamentally strong as there is more involvement in foreign fund.

In down trend, buy less affected counter like dsonic and also some high dividend payment stock instead of growth stock and at least you got some income.

Market is unpredictable as there are too many unexpected event can occur. A change of policy by China and US or some war can affect the market suddenly. Good luck brother.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-01-24 18:21 | Report Abuse

Also don't forget CBIP is good one to keep in if you are not sure whether it will turn bearish. The price is quite stable and good dividend , a boring stock but good to preserve fund.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-25 00:57 | Report Abuse

Thank you Chinesetea

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-01-26 23:14 | Report Abuse

Chinese tea can you share whats ur remisier opinion on barakah? Saw you mentioned it on MKH forum. I m quite interested with it? Bros any comment about this counter, Barakah?

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-26 23:19 | Report Abuse

barakah my fren is interested in but I never discuss fully with him.. He just said that barakah is potential coz keep bagging a lot of projects..and for some reason my gut feeling also tell me barakah is good compared to skpetro, perisai and stuff.. maybe I heard alot in bfm say barakah barakah lol..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz