14 people like this.

2,651 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( buy what you understand) 5 days ago

Jack Khan

1,286 posts

Posted by Jack Khan > 2021-01-24 09:43 | Report Abuse

I think this portfolio value may become -50% in coming 3-4 month!

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-01-24 09:53 | Report Abuse

Haha,
How about Tesla?
Open 834.31
High 848.00
Low 828.62
Mkt cap 802.53B
P/E ratio 1,677.45

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-01-25 07:04 | Report Abuse

Yes sslee, my returns on foreign portfolio currently with STNE, uniqlo, palantir, China mobile and Wilmar had increased tremendously thanks to God scuttlebutt sharing by staff and executives working there and sharing their thoughts on my telegram group. So far so good.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-01-25 07:09 | Report Abuse

Sold 1m shares of scib since last week @2.1 average

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-01-25 07:12 | Report Abuse

In 3 - 4 months you will be very very surprised, pchem will announce new 15 billion acquisition of a specialty chemicals company, gkent will declare payment received for lrt3 and moh hospitals handover, serbadk will be using it's cash to grow the business. Those should buttress the rest of the slow performing stocks.

What have you bought lately?

>>>>>>>>>>

Jack Khan I think this portfolio value may become -50% in coming 3-4 month!
24/01/2021 9:43 AM

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-01-25 08:01 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
One think I can't understand on SCIB, Kpower and Serbadk is SCIB and Kpower no need cash call and investment on PPE to take on projects worth billion whereas Serbadk keep on cash call and never ending spending on PPE.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-01-28 09:32 | Report Abuse

I think there are many things that I don't understand as well. In any case for stocks you should just invest in things that you do understand as it will give you far better possibility of making a profit.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-01-28 11:29 | Report Abuse

Correctloh...U also do not understand how insas manage to beat your QL loh!

Btw u lose your bet already mah!

How leh ?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jan 28, 2021 9:32 AM | Report Abuse

I think there are many things that I don't understand as well. In any case for stocks you should just invest in things that you do understand as it will give you far better possibility of making a profit.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-01-28 11:37 | Report Abuse

Yes I proudly admit to losing the bet between ql and insas. Do let me know how I can make it up to you. I will treat you bak kut teh as soon as I can go to klang

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-01-28 11:47 | Report Abuse

Thanks, your acknowledgement is sufficient.

No need the treat

Also on the positive side, Raider also learn alot of good investing principle from U loh!

That is even more valuable than any bah kut teh treat loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jan 28, 2021 11:37 AM | Report Abuse

Yes I proudly admit to losing the bet between ql and insas. Do let me know how I can make it up to you. I will treat you bak kut teh as soon as I can go to klang

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2021-02-04 09:22 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, Total portfolio value more than 60 million? Is that real money??

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 09:25 | Report Abuse

You can track every transaction ever made since I started keeping record over the past 2 years. W years ago only around 20+ million. Topglove has been good to me.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 09:25 | Report Abuse

And no it is not real money.

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2021-02-04 09:31 | Report Abuse

Why not using real money so that there will be trust among the readers.

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2021-02-04 09:34 | Report Abuse

Because real money will include the emotion aspect into the trading as well. Many traders lose money because of emotion.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 09:38 | Report Abuse

Again another one. Last time icon8888 ask this question I posted my portfolio from Maybank online. Now I don't really need to explain anything to you. Look at the investment and dates of returns. There is a transaction breakdown.

This is REAL money.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 09:39 | Report Abuse

I am not a trader and will never be one. Look at the average length of my core holdings. In the past 2 years I have only traded 5 times, and those amounts are least than 1% of my total portfolio holdings.

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-04 09:40 | Report Abuse

Haha,
Must learn how to ask in socratic way.

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2021-02-04 09:41 | Report Abuse

Oh.. so is REAL money. I thought you mentioned "not real money". :)

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-04 09:45 | Report Abuse

Must know what is sarcastic answer.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 09:46 | Report Abuse

Because the point here was never to show off your much money I have. The point had always been to site the long term returns of buy and hold, versus active trading. If you look at the transaction dates and amounts it comes to a few major investments methods.

Buy slow.
Buy big.
Buy long.
Buy little.

It's more effective to put a lot of money into stocks you understand then to put a lot of money into businesses that you have no idea about.

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2021-02-04 18:17 | Report Abuse

You have a good portfolio record. I'm thinking of investing in Gkent. Any advice on the target price?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 19:07 | Report Abuse

What is target price? I prefer to look at revenue and earnings estimates.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 19:14 | Report Abuse

Sold all my kpower warrants. Follow Karim lead.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-04 19:15 | Report Abuse

More private placements to come.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-05 09:49 | Report Abuse

Collected 100k@6.85 average price shares of pchem this week.

Nikola

43 posts

Posted by Nikola > 2021-02-12 19:01 | Report Abuse

Hi Phillip, I can’t seem to join your telegram group. Is it by invitation only

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-12 21:10 | Report Abuse

I don't think so. So far it is open.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-03-03 17:52 | Report Abuse

bought pmetal at 9.25@25 february after qr results. commodities will be a thing moving forward, at least for the next few weeks.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-03-11 10:48 | Report Abuse

Bought Roblox. Digital Lego at its finest.

ceoshare

542 posts

Posted by ceoshare > 2021-03-13 11:17 | Report Abuse

@Philip ; sir can i join your telegram Group ?

Diamond7

2,321 posts

Posted by Diamond7 > 2021-03-13 15:12 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
Are you going to sell Pmetal now or are you going to collect the bonus issue?
M in a dilemma. Please advise whether one should keep the stocks at this price. Is it overvalued?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-03-13 16:47 | Report Abuse

When you are asking overvalued, first is what is the long term revenue and earnings generation, and what is your timeline? What price did you buy, and what is your total holdings. I can't advise you on this, because
Your costs are different from mine. Overvalued from a share price standpoint? Past earnings standpoint? Future earnings standpoint? Assets and cash standpoint?

Such a simple question on value with many answers.

All I can tell you is I'm not selling my pmetal yet. And when I do I will not tell anyone until I have sold.

Also, if say it is overvalued, sell and buy what?

Diamond7

2,321 posts

Posted by Diamond7 > 2021-03-16 07:13 | Report Abuse

Thank you Philip.
You are an excellent investor!

Regalia

68 posts

Posted by Regalia > 2021-03-18 03:43 | Report Abuse

great info!

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-25 09:43 | Report Abuse

https://investorplace.com/2021/03/pltr-stock-steer-clear-even-after-sell-off/

First, insider selling. Last month, the insider lockup on PLTR stock expired. Execs and employees are now more free to unload their positions. So far, the C-suite has taken full advantage. In just the week ending on Feb. 26, insider selling hit nearly $112 million. Co-founder Stephen Cohen unloaded $53.6 million in shares. COO Shyam Sankar sold $21.5 million. Other C-suite execs sold positions in the seven-figure range.

Diamond7

2,321 posts

Posted by Diamond7 > 2021-03-26 08:27 | Report Abuse

@ SSLee...
Thank you for sharing!
Kind message!

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-03-30 07:37 | Report Abuse

Haha Philip,
What have you to say on Gkent going into glove?
Remember what you said about INSAS.
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/george-kent-enter-rubber-glove-business-rm40m-investment-johan-unit?type=malaysia

Philip ( buy what you understand) Insas going into gloves now is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Instead of going into gloves last year when no one wanted it, going into gloves now when everyone is building capacity will just prove painful when the pandemics slows down and everyone starts throwing gloves around at cheap prices.
DISSAPOINTMENT.
05/11/2020 12:33 PM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-03-30 10:26 | Report Abuse

Yes I have already begun selling.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-03-30 21:28 | Report Abuse

Why don't you maintain your own trackable portfolio? I have not taken down anything. I have just made the portfolios of everyone I follow private for all my telegram members to see and compare. Your results are still bad by the way.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-04-05 13:43 | Report Abuse

Sold pmetal trade to start a longer term position with bermaz past week. Thanks lawrence for the kia sharing.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-05-08 14:11 | Report Abuse

Rising steel and aluminum prices have got me spooked. Sold bauto at a small loss.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-08 15:08 | Report Abuse

This Philip talk like a pundan trader, not a real long term value & growth investor loh!

Long term investor will not be spooked with short term fluctuation mah!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Mar 30, 2021 9:28 PM | Report Abuse

Why don't you maintain your own trackable portfolio? I have not taken down anything. I have just made the portfolios of everyone I follow private for all my telegram members to see and compare. Your results are still bad by the way.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Apr 5, 2021 1:43 PM | Report Abuse

Sold pmetal trade to start a longer term position with bermaz past week. Thanks lawrence for the kia sharing.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 8, 2021 2:11 PM | Report Abuse

Rising steel and aluminum prices have got me spooked. Sold bauto at a small loss.

Posted by CynicalCyan > 2021-05-09 00:09 | Report Abuse

Bought and sold Georgie, Pm and Auto after holding hardly a year. What happened to the Philip that proudly held QL, TOPG for a decade without buying other stocks?

CoolBull

3,675 posts

Posted by CoolBull > 2021-05-09 03:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Feb 4, 2021 9:25 AM | Report Abuse

You can track every transaction ever made since I started keeping record over the past 2 years. W years ago only around 20+ million. Topglove has been good to me.

Great to see another faithful glover. You still holding TopGlove, dude?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 12:29 | Report Abuse

Yes buy what u understand loh!

Remember 2 of the world most richest & savvy investors w.buffet & bill gates like investing in farmland now mah!

U can emulate them now too mah....!!

Thats why the 2 richest savvy investors have taken note the point of concern that palmoil & commodity price cannot going up forever like the case of glove & eventually the commodity price will also fall 1 day mah!

To address this issue or concern w.buffet & bill gates, say buy farmland & palmoil plantation, even the commodity price fall, u still have great protection on the value of cheap plantation land & farmland mah..!

If u buy into cheap land, u have both margin of safety accorded by cheap land plus prospect of reaping great profit from high palmoil price loh!

Thus u should Quickly Buy into palmoil plantation now, b4 its price shoot up mah!

Time to be a little bit more contraian in view of mkt at reasonable high level mah!

Warren buffet says inflation is definitely coming in view of low interest interest and speculative sign such as bitcoin, rubbish stock price run up sky high and unrealistic stock valuation & expectation and now raw commodities price run up mah!

Bill Gates already bought alot of farmland at low in preparation & in anticipation for the coming armmagedoom coming mah!
Why would one the world tech best richest owner switch alot of his investment into farmland, this bcos farmland or value real estate if it is bought at reasonable low price, u cannot go wrong over longterm bcos the availability of land is limited, u cannot manufacture land like bitcoin mah!

Coming back to msia the equivalent to farmland is oil plantation, u still can get it real cheap & it is paying u reasonably good dividend loh...this is the best defensive & offensive play like bill gates and warren buffet had highlighted mah!

As calvin sifu said timber is at record price & palmoil at record price surely some optimism will spillover to plantation & timber share price mah!

But this up 1 to 2 sen is chicken feed mah, why up so little leh ??

Timber & palmoil share r suffering from lack of production mah and also huge impairment losses on its assets mah & previous falling share price mah!
Thus they are jittery on recovery of palmoil & timber share loh!! They want to see actual profit b4 jump in loh!!
That means if u base on profit...as indicator that means the share price will be lagging loh!

Then why promote Wtk leh ??
1. The owner , directors and insiders already accumulating quietly without fanfare mah!
2. The palmoil & timber production volume of wtk, mhc, jtiasa, boustead, ijm plant already creeping up loh...this is further support by the record price of its commodities. Just imagine u have higher prices & higher volume....that will be a very important sign of higher big profit coming mah!
3. The share price already corrected over 3 yrs of downtrend previously, when there is a big shakeout of all the weak holders...u can only grow more optimistic as time past by loh!
4. Wtk is sitting on some prime land that invested at a very low cost near major town & city, they are good development mah!
5. With all the liquidity & quantitative easing & low interest rate environment, u can see big inflation will be coming loh...!! Wtk in commodities business plus very big cheap land bank is a very good inflation protector mah!

Based on the above i think wtk , jayatiasa & ijmplant is the best pick to make profit & this is concur by sifu calvin findings also mah!

Posted by pjseow > May 8, 2021 6:08 PM | Report Abuse

Calvin and Ahbah , Investment timing is very important and be at least medium and long term horizon . Dont buy at the peak . Gloves stocks had came down 50 to 60 % from the peaks in August last year . I did not promote glove counters then because the earnings were still not proven , PE were high . Glove stock prices peak before its ASP peak . There was a 9 months to a year lead of the share prices over its ASPs . Glove stocks had finally PROVEN to deliver fantastic results in the last 3 qtrs after August 2020 while their prices came down 50 % . THeir PE are less than 5 while they will continue to deliver superb results in the next few years with double and tripling of capacities . The palm oil price cannot keep going up forever since it started picking up 2 years ago in 2019 .Likewise , the oil palm counters will peak soon or already peak now before its palm oil ASP peak which may happen in 3 to 6 months time or even earlier . When palm oils ASP came down finally , do the plantation counters have doubling of capacities to compensate for the drop in ASPs ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 12:30 | Report Abuse

The direction is strong accumulation for IJMPLANT mah...!!

This company has 60k planted hectarage in sabah & indonesia, alot of its plantation is emerging as prime stage mah!
This will boost its revenue & profits with good cpo price loh...!!

U can expect superb result this coming December qtr mah...!!

Strong buy, do not missed loh!

What does this cpo price trend below tell U leh ??

Date Settlement Price RM
7 May 4788
3 Dec 3332
2 Dec 3316
1 Dec 3347
30 No 3305
27 No 3338
26 No 3227
25 Nov3285
24 No 3249
23 Nov 3326
20 Nov 3288

Ans; Rising CPO price and Rising Profit loh!!

Until Sept latest qtr result cpo average is roughly rm 2600 mah!!

December QTR we will be seeing conservatively Average Price Rm 3200, that is 23% increase in price n this increase revenue will all goes to the bottom line profit as there are no cost applicable to revenue generated from price increase loh...!!

Just imagine if Average palm oil price is Rm 2800, U already see super strong profit loh!! But now we are at above 4788 loh...!!

Can U forecast & project what will palmoil company potential super profit at rm 4500 cpo leh ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-05-09 12:35 | Report Abuse

Already confirmed palmoil plantation is going to make windfall profit ma!

Next is to make windfall gain on plantation stock price loh!

Jump in b4 too late loh!

Cpo at record rm 4700 per ton, the palmoil share price will go on rampage soon loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-05-09 13:29 | Report Abuse

Stop talking bs. I have a palm oil plantation, but I don't see the massive profit you are talking about. Do you even know why the price is high now? The simple fact is supply and demand. Demand is higher, but the epidemic is causing chaos on the supply side. I simply don't have the workers, the weather and the fruit to sell. How much sillier can you be?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz