14 people like this.

2,651 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( buy what you understand) 5 days ago

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-07-21 12:57 | Report Abuse

what happened to the long number guy who came to this forum like a breath of fresh air, advocating long term value investing, that i admired so much then? i still do actually, so do take care and as always wish all the best to you.....

i think this forum is very poisonous, it can change people, inflate egos and make people's mind go crazy, so we have to becareful.... but that's my opinion only, i don't know....

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jun 29, 2020 8:06 AM | Report Abuse

I find myself buying too many stocks lately, as the deals and heavy discounts keep coming up. This is probably the most fun and activity I have had in years, as things are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jul 21, 2020 12:43 PM | Report Abuse

bought uoadev shares @1.88 today. ex date 0.14 cents dividend tomorrow 22/7/2020.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jul 20, 2020 7:59 PM | Report Abuse

sold paramon today, I didn't like the purchase of land in klcc instead of hoarding cash for better deals at the end of the year. with the sinkhole coming up some more at their land purchase, its something that I did not like paramon doing.

Sold@0.88.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-21 16:46 | Report Abuse

When it's raining gold, you bring out the bucket, not the thimble. Changes

My core stocks are still the same, and my profits are still from long term holdings.

I still have a huge position in major stocks, and you can see my total returns from the year.

I don't need any admiration or proposals from anyone, as my investment returns and choices should show anyone the value of investing long term versus trading returns.

In either case, my major holdings are those that have been kept over a long period of time. While the new ones still monitored closely quarterly. I sell based on changes in the structural business itself and not on share price movements.

The reason I sold paramon was because I knew they were selling the college. But with 7 billion in gdv, instead of paying down debt they decided to use the revenue to buy more landbank at high prices.

I view this as a structural change in business structure.

FYI, people can change their minds. Even Warren buffet sold all his airlines stocks a year after buying deep. Should we begrudge him that on his concept of long term investing?

I think not.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-07-22 00:26 | Report Abuse

>>>>>FYI, people can change their minds. Even Warren buffet sold all his airlines stocks a year after buying deep. Should we begrudge him that on his concept of long term investing?
and you
ok lah so i see bro, it's like midlife crisis getting a ferrari, i hope you come back to your roots, man.... this forum can be real poisonous.....

btw, i see you invested a lot in this Karim guy's companies.... i don't want to post this in open, but i should let you know why i used to hold this serba dinamik but i sold it all...

i use CNBC a lot, they got this annoying ad-blocker notice whenever i go to their website, i decided to disable my ad-blockers since i use this website a lot, the problem is after that this Serba Dinamik paid-ad keep popping up everyday promoting their VR (Virtual Reality) and Industrial 4.0 and selling themselves as a 'tech' company, that got me thinking - why is a leading O&G company in M'sia or even Asia trying to promote themselves as a 'tech' company?.... anyway i have no time to find out i just sold all, it was around 1.83....

you putting a lot of eggs in this guy's basket, so just becareful you don't know what this guy is up to and where all his so-called companies are heading....

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-22 07:52 | Report Abuse

For serbadk tech, I am more interested in the fact that they are using it for o&g predictive maintenance and training for technician's before going out to sites directly to do repair works, which I thought was a wonderful ( and also being done by baker Hughes and Schlumberger. More importantly, this tech is bought from acquiring a cheap Indian company with good programming team, where they generated 121 million in revenue and 20 million in earnings this year. These are facts in annual report.

As for their vr, I did get worried as a red flag especially as they built it in Kota samarahan a be park where no one will go. But then I dug more in depth and found out that this was done to get the government support from Sarawak state for investments in education and integrated theme park which qualifies government grant. They are parlaying this into getting more Sarawak state and Petronas jobs, getting education license to complement their city and guilds license to train o&g technicians, to complement their o&m activities. IT is the cheapest form of investment with the biggest reward if it succeeds, and since Serba IT department is already profitable from day 1 even with weird deployments like halalgo and vr( which is still very cheap to invest in), I am watching my investments closely every quarter.

But appreciate and thanks a lot for sharing on the ad blocking. I'm more worried about the receivables and payments from clients, so I will definitely watch this investment closely. As all my investments in Karim is around 20% of my portfolio, I appreciate all the factual heads up given. But as I have friends in Petronas and since I live in Sabah and have visited their MRO village I am very happy with my investment.

In my opinion being in the engineering line I know exactly what he is up to, so let me simplify.

Serbadk core business is still operations and maintenance. For maintenance of major and large equipment we have traditionally very few options for rotating equipment servicing and repair: send it to Italy, China or Singapore. Today Serba is spending a lot of money to build these facilities in areas where they support by building "villages" with these repair and service facilities in house, together with training centers and vr/ar departments in one center. That is the core business and long game of Serba dinamik after my visit to their offices and sites in bintulu and pangerang.

I will definitely monitor closely if their expansion continues along those lines, but so far as you can see from my portfolio I am up 25%+ on most of my investments with them.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-22 07:58 | Report Abuse

Blood7, I am interested in your thoughts though, as the question is very interesting: sell my investments in Serba and buy WHAT?

Can you share also what stocks you are currently holding and what you would advice me buying over a long term?

Currently at my prices serbadk is giving me 4% per year to wait and see, as well as good roe returns above 15% per year, net gearing ratio of 0.6 and 1.2 billion in cash.

Any ideas of a better long term investment? I would be more than happy to listen to something that you bought that you think is good.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-22 08:06 | Report Abuse

As for this statement I don't think it is accurate. I don't buy stocks based on share price or their movements. I buy based on how much money cash flow they can generate over a long term ( I usually try to look forward to 10 year cash flow) and earnings. However when the business structure itself changes, I will get out immediately.

I started out as a trader, and investing can get very boring so a little trade here and there does keep things interesting. I did PPHB@0.49 last year and star@0.25 this year short term trades, but I realized anything more than 1 short term trade a year I start losing money. That is how difficult I think short term investing ( below 1 year) can be...

>>>>>>>>>

ok lah so i see bro, it's like midlife crisis getting a ferrari, i hope you come back to your roots, man.... this forum can be real poisonous.....

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-07-22 18:17 | Report Abuse

>>>>Blood7, I am interested in your thoughts though, as the question is very interesting: sell my investments in Serba and buy WHAT?

Malaysia stocks? nothing - i think 90% companies here is not investable now and most of them hardly going to make money this next 2 years due to covid and economic factor... only gloves and tech going to make money but i think they are extremely expensive now because people has no choice, to get an outperformace for their portfolio they have to chase these same counters that's still making profit...

so nowadays as i slowly selling my gloves stocks, i just throw back everything in GOLDETF.... it's not liquid as the US GLD etf but at least i don't have to worry about exchange rate conversion...

>>>>Can you share also what stocks you are currently holding and what you would advice me buying over a long term?

M'sia portfolio - 45% gloves, 45% technology, 10% misc + liquidity
my biggest holding 1)Top Gloves & 2)Penta,
the other gloves i am holding are Kossan & Supermax,
the other tech are spread out Mi, Fpgroup, Inari, GHLSYS, GPacket
I am holding some stocks in Singapore - about 10% of my assets, and the rest is all international mainly in mutual funds and ETFs; heavily skewed in all kinds of Tech and increasingly now China/North Asia.

Long term wise, i think you need a little bit of tech, eventhough it's hard understand their business - renewable energy is not gonna kill your O&G, it's the tech.... fossil fuel cars are been phased out slowly now in the west and also china, and biggest event coming up this year is Tesla's Battery Day....

>>>>Currently at my prices serbadk is giving me 4% per year to wait and see, as well as good roe returns above 15% per year, net gearing ratio of 0.6 and 1.2 billion in cash.
Any ideas of a better long term investment? I would be more than happy to listen to something that you bought that you think is good.

can I suggest you this - an ETF called CQQQ.... i think it will be perfect to compliment your portfolio now; you have a lot of O&G and Malaysia stocks, CQQQ will diversify your sector and geographical risk and put you in one of the world's highest growth area + region....

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-07-22 18:20 | Report Abuse

short term trade - i throw everything into GOLDETF (as liquidity instead of cash) and recently i put in a small stake in Insas - I think Leno might be right and SSLee is wrong on this one :)

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jul 22, 2020 8:06 AM | Report Abuse

As for this statement I don't think it is accurate. I don't buy stocks based on share price or their movements. I buy based on how much money cash flow they can generate over a long term ( I usually try to look forward to 10 year cash flow) and earnings. However when the business structure itself changes, I will get out immediately.

I started out as a trader, and investing can get very boring so a little trade here and there does keep things interesting. I did PPHB@0.49 last year and star@0.25 this year short term trades, but I realized anything more than 1 short term trade a year I start losing money. That is how difficult I think short term investing ( below 1 year) can be...

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2020-07-31 00:35 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip. I just noticed that you have 2.82mil of GKENT but your name doesn't seem to appear in the Top 30 of GKENT's largest shareholders. Would you mind to comment on this?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-31 13:23 | Report Abuse

Below 5% ownership not necessary to register with the gkent board of registrar's. I asked my Maybank investment if they can keep from registration and they told me I do not need to do so if I still want to keep it under Maybank cds. You can check. Downside is I can't attend AGM, which coming from Sabah is unnecessary for me.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-31 13:36 | Report Abuse

Disclosure requirements can be found here. Personally I think it is a hassle, and I'm not in it to show off.

https://www.clearstream.com/clearstream-en/products-and-services/market-coverage/asia-pacific/malaysia/disclosure-requirements-malaysia-1280374

dhnn81

729 posts

Posted by dhnn81 > 2020-07-31 13:44 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, a question - is there a reason you are not investing into any gloves counter?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-31 16:10 | Report Abuse

I have been holding topglove for the last 10 years. I sold all my balance topglove share at 10.30, when the prices jumped far beyond rational value and reinvested in destroyed o&g stocks a few months ago. I don't think the high prices for glove stocks is sustainable simply using the economics of long term profit and sales of gloves post covid. I may be wrong, but I think the possibility of o&g stocks going up post covid to be far higher than glove stocks going down post covid.

More importantly I don't know when this will happen, so I will just avoid trying to time the market.

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2020-07-31 18:43 | Report Abuse

@Philip,
I didn't know that as long as one holds <5%, he/she could refrain from being listed in the top 30. I always thought it was an automatic process. This also means there could be many others who wish to remain out of the public eye.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-07-31 18:56 | Report Abuse

2020 = GLOVE

2021 = GLOVE

2022 = GLOVE

etc

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-07-31 20:02 | Report Abuse

Time will tell if gloves is overpriced or your are right and topglove will soon overtake Maybank to become the most valuable company in bursa Malaysia.

>>>>>>>>

EngineeringProfit 2020 = GLOVE

2021 = GLOVE

2022 = GLOVE

etc
31/07/2020 6:56 PM

Posted by Michael Dreamun > 2020-07-31 20:14 | Report Abuse

Sour Grape!

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > 2020-08-02 11:51 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the sharing. I personally think this is a wonderful portfolio consist of oil and gas, construction, property, poultry, but will consider adding tech stocks as an obvious future mega trend. But still can see the return is impressive throughout these years..

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-02 16:21 | Report Abuse

Please advise on tech stocks, any recommendations as it is out of my competence.

CharlesT

14,786 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-04 16:51 | Report Abuse

Philip can sleep ah? Rm40m opportunity loss...

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > 2020-08-04 22:25 | Report Abuse

Just my personal view..
Tech stocks are proven resilient in the current market condition. The valuation is becoming very rich though. Personally i appreciate Vitrox for its consistent high margin and ROE, and Penta for almost the same reasons. In simple term both are doing automation business which fits well to the current trend of automation in the manufacturing technologies (industry 4.0). The most important is the growth prospect is there. I also think D&O has a bright prospect for its full range of automotive LED products, continue to capture business win from world-renowned car brands, and the trend of increasing LED/car for applications like projection, car to pedestrian communication, fancy ambient lighting etc. It's now the world 5th largest automotive led supplier, and start venturing into led driver IC.
Anyway I'm sure with your knowledge and business sense you will be easily expanding your circle of competence to technology sector.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-05 01:27 | Report Abuse

@Wisdom for Freedom hi, sorry may i know what you're talking about? you mean buying tech stocks is a future mega trend? or typo in your post?

thanks...

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > Aug 2, 2020 11:51 AM | Report Abuse

.....consider adding tech stocks as an obvious future mega trend. But still can see the return is impressive throughout these years..

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-05 07:46 | Report Abuse

I thought you sold your glove stocks already? Why? Got cold feet? So how much did you make so far?

>>>>>>>>>

08/2020 4:21 PM

CharlesT Philip can sleep ah? Rm40m opportunity loss...
04/08/2020 4:51 PM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-05 07:51 | Report Abuse

Define tech stocks? Suppliers of testing equipment also consider tech stocks? Or selling cncy machine also tech stocks? Selling automotive lights also consider tech stocks? If that is the case, almost everything that adds industry 4.0, add an app, or has anything related to semicon suddenly becomes... Tech stocks?

So Sam engineering becomes tech stocks?
If a bank employs fintech technologies ( all of them are), they also become tech stocks?
If a o&g company and virtual reality and 4.0 it also becomes tech stocks?

That's a huge industry then.

CharlesT

14,786 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-05 10:30 | Report Abuse

sold most of mine lah...

u can sleep ah?

CharlesT

14,786 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-05 10:30 | Report Abuse

not bad lah..but less than u

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-05 20:14 | Report Abuse

Why cannot sleep? I made 17m just on gloves, not yet count the o&g stocks that went up another 30+%.

How much did you make? You made some money? Good for you kid.

Before you show off, I also had a friend who made a million gambling in genting.

Guess what happened to him?

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > 2020-08-05 21:29 | Report Abuse

hmm...they are all categorized under tech sector in Bursa.
Industry 4.0 is a big topic comprised of a lot of sectors. Technology is the core. What i was trying to say is that these companies are able to ride on the wave for the tech they possess.
What they are selling is not the point, the point is the technology and the patents they possess that are valuable. It's not what they make that matters, it's how they make. All the future trend including automation, 5G, IoT, VR/AR, etc require power, sensor, complex circuit design etc..these application come from electronic chips..and these chips are made of semiconductor..these are all technologies..
Is TSMC considered tech stock since it's selling wafer chips only? Obviously we don't interpret it this way right?

U sound a little arrogant but maybe I'm just being sensitive.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-05 22:28 | Report Abuse

Don't worry, it's just how I will treat trolls like CharlesT.

In any case I think the opposite of you though. I think it's very very important to know exactly what they are selling, because only in knowing that do you know what the future prospects of the company is.

Take for example a "tech" company like notion VTech. I would assume they are in the technology space. If not caring what they sell as important, then their goal to suddenly shift gears and sell face mask would give you multiple red flags in a business that would suddenly jump into a business like face masks which in the short term may well be beneficial to the company, but in the long term will this investment be something that is good for them? I have no idea totally.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-05 23:14 | Report Abuse

i think TSMC is as 'tech' as it can be in this world right now .....

how about mega trends?....you mentioned buying tech stocks is a future mega trend, i also want to know what how that can be.....

thanks....

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > Aug 5, 2020 9:29 PM | Report Abuse

......Is TSMC considered tech stock since it's selling wafer chips only? Obviously we don't interpret it this way right?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-06 08:15 | Report Abuse

That's the answer, for me I only consider a company tech, when the technology advantage it has pushes it far beyond many competitors to play catch up. Tsmc tech is being one of only a few companies in the world that has the capability to produce 5nm chips and probably the only company that will be able to produce 3 nanometer wafers which no one else on the planet is capable of doing.

Same thing with Facebook on social media, Microsoft/apple on operating systems platforms, Tesla on long range electric cars etc.

I find the problem with investors who are out of their core competence start to view automation as "tech" which is totally not the same thing.

The key difference is that tech is disruptive and changes the landscape of economics. Think grab in transport, Alibaba in purchasing. Automation is not disruptive and is just a cost reducer. Anyone can run automation and call it "tech", doesn't make it so.

A lot of "tech companies" on bursa are simply automation companies, relying on pricing power via mida tax incentives and grants, but eventually are not competitive in the world market. These are companies which I do not invest in and I don't like the future prospects.

So in any case, what companies on Bursa do you think have these criteria which you like so much? They have good patents?

>>>>>>>>
What they are selling is not the point, the point is the technology and the patents they possess that are valuable. It's not what they make that matters, it's how they make.

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > 2020-08-09 18:34 | Report Abuse

@ Philip, ic..i got what you mean..i dint know in order to be considered as a tech company it has to be disruptive or game changing, or has to be a market leader. So yes, your definition is different than mine. For the first time i go to search what does technology mean, and your definition maybe a little too stringent.

Is Osram which is the world largest led producer considered a tech company? if so i dont see why D&O is not, since they both are doing similar business, and have their own technology in terms of product, process, packaging, etc..just that D&O is in a much smaller scale..

Automation does apply a lot of technologies, adopting scientific knowledge from electronics, robotic, AI, mechanical, electromechanical aspect..Penta and Vitrox are doing well in this sense and widely accepted by customers worldwide for their products..they are not neccessary disruptive, but continue to satisfy the industry bit by bit by innovating and improving their products from time to time, by applying technology they possess.

Talking about pricing power, this is the advantage for developing country like us to grab, why not? In fact the net margin for both the companies are not compromising, ROE as well. They have their own set of competencies. And i believe trade war looks to brighten the prospect further.

I can't see why they are not entitled as technology stocks..i do notice there are companies in the Bursa relating themselves as one but in fact they are not. But i do give credits to local companies who have big potential to advance well in technology sector. I also hope local tech companies can one day being grown to the like of TSMC or Foxconn (wishful thinking but who knows? Malaysia has great talents if we stop messing up politics and be merit based). That's the greatest return to the shareholders as value/growth investors, just like your patience paid off by QL and Yinson, and now have faith on Pchem.

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > 2020-08-09 18:45 | Report Abuse

@blood7, greetings..i dint mean buying tech stocks is the future mega trend. I meant technology will continue to advance to improve people's life and contribute to a sustainable future, hence the invention of 5G, IoT, AI etc..and these i meant, are the mega trend. If we are able to ride with this trend, the return will be just like we invested in Amazon 10 years ago when e-commerce started to get trendy..the question is, are we able to find these stocks?

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-10 00:16 | Report Abuse

hi Philip,

automation IS a current and future megatrend....

https://www.iotevolutionworld.com/smart-factories/articles/441188-smart-factory-automation-through-advanced-robotics-2019-mega.htm

few years back someone asked and you took a look at PENTA and decided it was not good enough to be invested in... the share price since went up more than 2 fold already.... in Malaysia context, it is as good an automation company can be, if not the best (they have a good patent :)...!)....

No tech/industry leader will list in Bursa.... so those we know - TSMC, FB, Microsoft, Apple, Alibaba - why don't you invest in them?.... actually there is one industry leader listed here but you sold it off already, so we will continue looking forward....

as for tech investment - perhaps CCCQ not your cup of tea? how about ARKK? hmm maybe don't like etf? then i suggest LG Chem.... (instead of PetChem....) :) maybe wait for Ant Financial HK listing akan datang....

good night and take care....

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Aug 6, 2020 8:15 AM | Report Abuse

That's the answer, for me I only consider a company tech, when the technology advantage it has pushes it far beyond many competitors to play catch up. Tsmc tech is being one of only a few companies in the world that has the capability to produce 5nm chips and probably the only company that will be able to produce 3 nanometer wafers which no one else on the planet is capable of doing.

Same thing with Facebook on social media, Microsoft/apple on operating systems platforms, Tesla on long range electric cars etc.

I find the problem with investors who are out of their core competence start to view automation as "tech" which is totally not the same thing.

The key difference is that tech is disruptive and changes the landscape of economics. Think grab in transport, Alibaba in purchasing. Automation is not disruptive and is just a cost reducer. Anyone can run automation and call it "tech", doesn't make it so.

A lot of "tech companies" on bursa are simply automation companies, relying on pricing power via mida tax incentives and grants, but eventually are not competitive in the world market. These are companies which I do not invest in and I don't like the future prospects.

So in any case, what companies on Bursa do you think have these criteria which you like so much? They have good patents?

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-10 00:23 | Report Abuse

hi bro,
ok thanks i got ya meaning.....

nope, no such stocks in malaysia.... no need to look here and maybe don't suggest others to look here either.... look outside, NASDAQ or HKEX or China stock markets.... actually invest in disruptive or innovation etf is not bad because you don't have to do so much research...

Posted by Wisdom for Freedom > Aug 9, 2020 6:45 PM | Report Abuse

@blood7, greetings..i dint mean buying tech stocks is the future mega trend. I meant technology will continue to advance to improve people's life and contribute to a sustainable future, hence the invention of 5G, IoT, AI etc..and these i meant, are the mega trend. If we are able to ride with this trend, the return will be just like we invested in Amazon 10 years ago when e-commerce started to get trendy..the question is, are we able to find these stocks?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-10 06:16 | Report Abuse

I think I explained it clearly before why I do not consider Penta a good long term investment. Price is what you pay, value is what you get. In any case

1. Profits in increased from 57m to 83 million, but market cap increase from 1+ billion to 3+ billion, why? The simple answer is because Penta also listed in hkex at the end of 2018. What other people buy and how they speculate doesn't matter to me.
2. If Penta patents were so unique and strong, why did it lose lawsuit to elsoft research and withdrawn in 2017? And why only patent in Malaysia instead of in USA and Taiwan where it's biggest sales are sent to? Simple answer, their "patent" is nothing special and cannot be applied against other earlier major patents.
3. Last year out of 133+ million, they only pay 7 million in taxes. If you read the annual reports, 25 million in taxes is discarded due to the pioneer status they received in 2016. How long? 5 years. Meaning it ends in 2021, after which they can apply for another maximum length of 5 years. Do you think there government of Malaysia will give it to them looking at these conditions where they need money? Pioneer status doesn't last forever. Imagine how much bigger they need to grow to pay back the loss of net profit starting next year if their pioneer status is not extended.
4. As a pioneer status, they have 400 million from listing cash. What have they done with it? So far only sold 14+ machines worth around 100-800k USD each for the automated testing equipment business. What else? One key criteria of a tech company is fast growth. What are they doing with that pile of cash?

So share price went up more than 2 fold. So what? Glove price went up more than 6x in 3 months, I owned topglove and made good money from that. Again the key to successful investing is buying what you understand I don't understand Penta long term prospects. Simple as that. Maybe you can share some light on the 4 red flags I put above, I don't know.

Did you buy Penta few years ago? Why not frontken? Why not the ate competitor vitrox?

Always interesting to learn new industries.

>>>>>>>>>
few years back someone asked and you took a look at PENTA and decided it was not good enough to be invested in... the share price since went up more than 2 fold already.... in Malaysia context, it is as good an automation company can be, if not the best (they have a good patent :)...!)....

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-16 00:02 | Report Abuse

1) i think your assumption the shares listed in HK is the same as the malaysia one?....not like 1+billion to 3+billion lah but more like 30% more -for the public float in hk and as reward subscription to the employees...

2)new patent, after 2017.... and i didn't say it's great, but it's OK... Elsoft, if you want to invest maybe wait for a couple more quarter, VR project might be coming...

3)yes already allowed, other new pioneer products registered, tax exempted for those products already extended beyond 2021

4)cash from hk listing? they are using it according to the proposed utilization listed during ipo, the management has been updating the utilization now and then, sometimes i check, looks ok according to the plan

just like i said, you took a look and decided it's not good enough, that's all, no other meaning.... there's no wrong in not investing, so you're not wrong; however the share price keep increasing constantly last few years so if someone made an investment based on his analysis and understanding he is correct at the same time as you're not wrong, just different perspective and outlook.....

don't remember exactly but penta i invest before you took a look at it, vitrox i sold too early, as for frontken, too late the price shoot up already when i realized, i thought that time they were too 'low tech' and i was wrong then - it's like no one wants to be the cleaner or rubbish collector, but in the market if no one except you wants to do the dirty job then you have monopolistic power, dufu is another case like this...
vitrox i won't take a look again because penta is more getting similiar like vitrox but frontken i still interested.....

anyway, this is malaysia tech market, they can only playing supporting roles - no main players here, have to look in nasdaq or hkex or korea or taiwan.... actually tech listing here not bad already, singapore SGX is even worse....

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-08-19 13:58 | Report Abuse

Haha. What happen to Philip 57 billion Pchem?
Quarter end june 2020 NP 186 million. EPS 2 cents.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-19 20:43 | Report Abuse

Haha the share price went up. Why? I enjoy another 5 cent dividend, and share price steadily going up. I have a steady tutup mata investment that I don't need to worry about, as it is being run well, and bought at good price with excellent future. Traders like you will never understand long term investors, except when your trade goes bad and you are forced to sit and wait for the trade to go up.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-19 22:17 | Report Abuse

It's within expectations. Or you didn't know covid exists? Sooner or later pchem will go back to its long term expected returns, which is more than I can say for many companies.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-28 19:04 | Report Abuse

Bought 550,000 shares of pchem at 5.48 on margin today.

Mashoh95

272 posts

Posted by Mashoh95 > 2020-08-28 19:11 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, u look knowledgeable.
Can u advice some cheap,less than rm1 counters that good for investing?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-28 20:10 | Report Abuse

How long is your holding period? What industry do you work in? You seem young as a 25 year old, how long have you been investing?

Mashoh95

272 posts

Posted by Mashoh95 > 2020-08-28 23:04 | Report Abuse

Hi,I started learning the stock market 1 months ago. Very new.
Now I mostly trading cause of market volatility do earn me some quick money.
As for holding period. Is 1 year good enough? Sorry, I'm not really sure how `long` suppose to be for long term investment.
I worked at tech sector now and yes, I'm 25, not that young actually.

Posted by choonweiweiwei > 2020-08-31 16:45 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, can I seek your advice on Teo Seng 7252,is it worth to invest for long term

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-31 17:00 | Report Abuse

I'm currently not investing in teo sent right now.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-31 17:04 | Report Abuse

If you are working in tech sector, you will know the difference between holding on to Google, Amazon, tsmc for 1 year, 5 years and 10 years.

If you are working in tech sector I would recommend you try looking at things within your area of competence, when you say tech, is very broad.

If manufacturing tech, you can monitor frontken, Dyson proxies line Vs and skpres.
If fintech, you can monitor stoneco, ant financial and square. I own some stoneco.
If gambling tech, I think you can bet between iris and myeg? But you have a50/50 chance of being right.

>>>>>>>>>

Mashoh95 Hi,I started learning the stock market 1 months ago. Very new.
Now I mostly trading cause of market volatility do earn me some quick money.
As for holding period. Is 1 year good enough? Sorry, I'm not really sure how `long` suppose to be for long term investment.
I worked at tech sector now and yes, I'm 25, not that young actually.
28/08/2020 11:04 PM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-09-02 16:48 | Report Abuse

bought skpress 350K shares at 1.55

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-09-25 16:50 | Report Abuse

Bought lctitan 200k shares on 22-23 after reading some reports from Jon around 1.79

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-09-27 15:10 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip
For your comment:
https://klse.i3investor.com/jsp/blog/blpost.jsp?blid=4321&blpid=394624

Post a Comment
Market Buzz