3 people like this.

5,349 comment(s). Last comment by King Kong73 2013-05-06 07:03

azam87

224 posts

Posted by azam87 > 2013-02-21 13:35 | Report Abuse

Thank you New Insight Sabah for the comprehensive explanation. I have another question, as Malaysia being the largest Sukuk (Bond) issuers in the world (69% out of the total sukuk issuances), Subscribers are mostly from foreign investors. Does the outstanding bond affect our beloved country's indebtness? appreciate your advice.

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 13:40 | Report Abuse

Please read this..

Quote..

Where’s the logic, Hisham?
Calvin Kabaron
| February 21, 2013

If the current soft 'handling' of the incursions by armed Filipinos into Lahad Datu is any measure, then it is clear that Sabahans' safety is inconsequential to the federal government.
COMMENT

It is an irony how promptly Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein ordered the arrest and deportation of Australian Senator Nick Xenophon while 100 armed Filipinos in military fatigue were being handled with kid gloves by the police and Special Branch officers because they had “links” in Sabah.

Xenophon arrived solo and unarmed but was considered a security threat. But in Lahad Datu, some 100 “soldiers” from the alleged Royal Sultanate of Sulu Army who were armed with “M-14, M-16, M203 and Armalite assault rifles” were considered friendly, “not militants” and “not a threat”.

These armed Filipino bandits landed in Sabah claiming ownership of the land on behalf of their Sulu Sultan.

In any other country, the Home or Internal Security Minister would have been at the site of the incursion the moment it was known.

But not Hishammuddin.

He saw it fit to arrive in Kota Kinabalu only yesterday, seven days after the police and the “militant army” – holed up in a oil palm plantation in Lahad Datu – faced a standoff after failing to come to an agreement over their demands.

When Hishammuddin held a press conference in Kota Kinabalu, flanked by military and police top men here, he had yet to visit the incursion site.

He just rolled off what he was told. Hishammuddin said everything was under control and that the federal forces would not compromise the security of Sabahans.

“The armed group are not militants or terrorists but since they had guns, it is important our action does not lead to bloodshed,” he said in defence of the militant Muslim group from the southern Philippines.

Hishammuddin also categorically denied speculations that the intrusion had anything to do with Manila’s claims, albeit indirectly, on Sabah, and fear of repatriation of Filipinos after the federal appointed Royal Commission of Inquiry’s (RCI) devastating witness testimonies.

In the January RCI sitting, witnesses revealed details of a high level agenda to neutralise Sabah’s Christian population by offering citizenship-for-votes to arriving Muslims from the Philippines, Indonesia, Pakistan and India. The ICs were issued by the National Registration Department (NRD) under instruction from top level federal Umno leaders.

“The issue is not political, not racial; [it has] no connection with the stand on sovereignty but in our context this is our land and this is something that can jeopardise the nation’s security,” Hishammuddin said.

The minister must think Sabahans and Malaysians are stupid.

‘Sabah is our home’

The Philippine media, meanwhile, has gone to town with the news that the Malaysian government may send back hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Filipino illegal immigrants, many of whom had in their possession dubiously-acquired Malaysian documents.

In Manila, the Sulu group leader SuItan Jamalul Kiram asserted that his followers – some 400 men – were resolute and would stand their ground in Lahad Datu for “however long it takes”.

“Nobody will be sent to the Philippines. Sabah is our home,” so proclaimed Jamalul, who is one of the many claimants to the elusive throne.

But unlike the other claimants, Jamalul’s position as Sultan of Sulu is recognised by Manila and President Benigno Aquino was reportedly “informed of the incursions since Day One”.

Jamalul had even proudly announced that if his army in Lahad Datu was armed, then the weapons did not come from the Philippines but were already available in Sabah.

In an interview with the Philippine media, Raja Azzimudie Kiram, the leader of the group and brother to Jamalul, said his men in Lahad Datu were equipped with “all kinds” of weapons including “M-14, M-16, M203 and Armalite assault rifles”.

This can only mean that the Sulu “army” could have been stocking arms in Sabah for quite sometime.

Now isn’t this a serious offence? In Malaysia being in possession – illegally – of a normal firearm is a fatal crime punishable by death; what more when we are talking about combat guns.

Remember the Al-Maunah group caught hauling modern guns some years back? Remember how the authorities quickly rounded them up and dealt the harshest possible blow.

The authorities said the Al-Maunah groups were waging a war against the Malaysian Yang di-Pertuan Agong and as such the offence was punishable by death.

..Unquote

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 13:42 | Report Abuse

...continue...

Quote....

‘Imbecile’ Hisham

So why is the federal government being tentative about this band of militants who wants to “seize” or “reclaim” Sabah?

These armed militants from the Tausug and Bajau communities from Jolo, Basilan and Tawi Tawi who have been landing in batches since Feb 9 and with the latest arrivals on Feb 16, are well into the siege.

They have been holed up near Felda Sahabat since the Malaysian security forces cordoned off the area on Feb 12.

Strangely enough, Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak, who was on a whirlwind visit to Beaufort, Papar and Tuaran in Sabah during the time, said nothing about the armed landings.

Yesterday, Hishammuddin called on the people not to listen to rumours or speculations and forced down his version of what was going on in Lahad Datu, which incidentally is far from the truth.

Said Hishammuddin: “There is a lot of speculations and rumours flying. I have the correct information and can confirm that most of the speculation is baseless.

“That is why I came here today to explain to the people of Sabah… because it involves the lives of those who are just doing their duty to ensure our security.

“Also we are not interested in the rumours, we are interested in the lives of our security personnel and also in saving the lives of those Filipinos who are in Lahad Datu today who have a lot of links also.

“So let me go and see for myself so that I can give explanation and so that there won’t be any quarter who will try to create chaos.”

Senior newsmen here scoffed at Hishammuddin’s remarks calling him an “idiot” and an “imbecile”.

Amalilio, a mistake?

Meanwhile, as the world awaits Hishammuddin’s briefing on how he would broker a deal to peacefully send the group of armed militants back to the Philippines, another “wayang” is taking place.

This involved Chief Minister Musa Aman’s alleged nephew – Manuel Amalilio – who is wanted by the Philippine government for running a Ponzi scheme that scammed 15,000 Filipinos of RM859 million.

Amalilio, who holds two passports – Philippine and Malaysian – was detained by the Sabah police and handed over to the Philippine authorities. But 10 minutes before he could board the flight back, he was re-arrested.

No explanations were given but he was later charged and immediately sentenced to two years in prison after a “court” hearing in a Sabah hospital ward. He was charged with having a “false” Philippine passport.

The Philippine government, however, has never stated that Amalilio’s passport is false or illegal in any way.

A Philippine minister has reportedly accused Musa of interfering in the initial deportation of Amililio but Musa has denied this.

Many of those who invested in the scheme were important people in the southern Philippines including those in the security-military establishment.

Also of concern is the fact that the Philippine military and US military “advisers” are monitoring the situation and are on alert for Abu Sayyaf movement in the region.

As such, the undetected movement of boatloads of the Jamalul’s men heading for Sabah is suspicious, to say the least.

Now after the incursion in Lahad Datu, the Malaysian government is saying Amalilio, who is also known as Muhammad Kamal Sa’aid or Mohamad Sufian Saaid, may be “extradited/deported” to the Philippines.

Talk about stupidity.

...Unquote

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2013/02/21/wheres-the-logic-hisham/

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 13:47 | Report Abuse

13 Sebab Mengapa Undi Dacing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulL_CN3HyRQ

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 13:52 | Report Abuse

The future is in our hands!.Who is your choice?

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9673/tawaran.png

richman

10,110 posts

Posted by richman > 2013-02-21 14:07 | Report Abuse

ABU

Posted by Desmond Liew > 2013-02-21 14:27 | Report Abuse

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts, bro bingo. I too apologise if my posting led u to believe that i cursed u but frankly speaking, i didnt curse & i never curse people as i believe in Karma ... 1st, we are not enemy but only with divergences of views & 2nd it was the written statements that misled us to hot argument which i didnt mind.

Indeed u have made a great & wonderful postings which i said i agreed partially with u. Hopefully your exchanged postings can be reached to all people's ears who have the same vision with u... Cheers!!

razmry

104 posts

Posted by razmry > 2013-02-21 14:29 | Report Abuse

I would pray for better Malaysia in future for my family, my kids and my future grandchildren family and for my future after life.

I'm quite doubt in our national debt. How to pay those debt since our natural resources depleting.

To pay our own debt also taking time but to pay other people debt make me frightened.

Anyone have ideas how to make a loan for investment then get help government to write off the loan later?

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 14:36 | Report Abuse

Desmond Liew, let bygones be bygones and now we happily end as friends.BTW, please leae your email address here so that I cna ask SIFU chong to send you an invitation to join his forum...are you interested?

Thanks in advance....cheers

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2013-02-21 14:41 | Report Abuse

bingo, can i join as well :)

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 17:18 | Report Abuse

you got to read this...OMG

Quote..

Is our debt level really healthy?
February 21, 2013

More disturbing are the claims that the Malaysian government has large hidden debts.
COMMENT

By Pak Sako

Former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad claimed last week that Malaysia’s current debt level is “healthy” compared with Greece’s.

But the debt-to-GDP percentage Mahathir relied on tells next to nothing about the full extent of Malaysia’s debts; the nature of these debts; or what can happen next.

The real devil lies in the details, namely:

(i) the trend in the debt level.

How has it changed in the recent past? Is there momentum in a certain direction? The federal government’s debt had doubled in just four years from 2007 and 2012. Will it stop growing, or will the trend and absolute totals continue their upward rise?

In the last decade, our finance ministers have repeatedly pledged to reduce the budget deficits. This has not happened. Instead, deficits have ballooned and the federal government’s debt has mounted.

(ii) the causes of debt.

For what are the borrowings and for whom? Are these borrowings for worthwhile investments that benefit the public? Are these liabilities being used to cover government operating costs or to prop up failing crony companies or the stock market? Is the use of costly loans for projects with low or no rates of return justified?

Almost a trillion ringgit was recently whisked out of the country in the form of illegal outflows. This is capital flight. It is conclusive evidence that our economy is ‘leaking out’ wealth.

Capital flight explains what the crony private sector and other rent-seekers are doing with their ill-gotten gains: they are squirreling these away in offshore accounts in Swiss banks and tax havens such as the Cayman Islands.

It is no wonder that private-sector investment in Malaysia is dismal. To make up for foregone domestic investment and job creation, environmental standards and taxes are lowered to lure foreign investors such as Lynas.

(iii) the types of debt, both known and “hidden”.

How much of the debt is borrowed from the savings of citizens (internal debt)? How much is borrowed from foreign lenders (external debt)? How much of these debts is government debt, and how much is private?

A big chunk of Malaysia’s debt, RM467.4 billion as of September 2012, is internal debt (Bank Negara Malaysia, Quarterly Bulletin, Third Quarter 2012).

This is the portion of debt that is popularly spoken about — the debt-to-GDP percentage of 53% involves almost entirely this debt.

This is money borrowed domestically from the savings of citizens. It is money belonging to individuals taken from the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), Tabung Haji, pension funds and other social security organisations and institutions.

At what rates of return are Malaysians being compensated for this borrowing? Will they recover their savings at all? Will they be fraudulently ‘compensated’ with funds coming from the liquidation of oil and forest assets; in other words, from the public’s own pockets? Or will a Ponzi scheme be devised to borrow more to honour commitments that come due?

Wholly separate from internal public debt is private external debt — money borrowed from foreign lenders. This is a portion of debt that is hardly spoken about.

The government’s external debt is RM17.3 billion as of last September, according to Bank Negara. But this is the tip of the iceberg.

We should also be very interested in the private sector’s external debt.

Because when private companies borrow from foreign lenders, the government is obliged to pay off these debts if the companies fail to do so. Simply put, citizens might have to pick up the tab. That is what happened in the debt crises in the West.

That is why this category of external debt is called ‘publicly guaranteed debts’.

Beyond these, there is the ‘non-guaranteed’ debt obligation of the private sector. These affect the overall creditworthiness of the nation and also cannot be ignored.

Bank Negara says Malaysia’s total external debt was RM257.8 billion at the end of September 2012.

How much of this is publicly guaranteed debt held by private corporations?

It is alleged that one Malaysian tycoon and his group of companies owe RM34 billion. How much is publicly-guaranteed? What about other Malaysian corporations?

...Unquote

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 17:19 | Report Abuse

...continue...

Quote..

Hidden debts

More disturbing are the claims that the Malaysian government has large hidden debts.

These are “contingent liabilities” and “off-balance sheet” borrowings, which are said to have amounted to RM117 billion in 2011.

There is also little knowledge about annual interest payments and the due dates of debts.

Any meaningful public discussion of Malaysia’s debt situation must consider all of the above.

Neither the Ministry of Finance nor Bank Negara give a full picture of all of the above.

Mahathir said nothing about any of the above. He told Malaysians not to worry about debt because our foreign reserves are strong.

But foreign reserves or public wealth are not for settling the illegitimate debts accumulated by corrupt regimes. They are not to be used as collateral to pile on new debts or service existing ones.

The size of the foreign reserves gives false comfort. During the 1997 East Asian crisis the government devalued the total stock of ringgit using a currency peg. Foreign reserves took the hit and shrunk.

Mahathir’s comments lull Malaysians into a false sense of security. These comments should however serve as a wake-up call.

Malaysians should demand for clarification about Malaysia’s total debt and its consequences. The Ministry of Finance and Bank Negara should respond.

This article first appeared in the Centre for Policy Initiatives website. http://english.cpiasia.net/

..Unquote

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2013/02/21/is-our-debt-level-really-health/

Unquote

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-21 18:28 | Report Abuse

Opposition MP Nurul Izzah criticises Malaysia deportation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCycEMKmucg

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 02:10 | Report Abuse

Under Pakatan rule, prison term for corrupt reps, Anwar pledges

....simply wonderful & get back the billions of corrupted dollars stashed away overseas too for the benefit of all Malaysian. Yes, jail then long term so that they rot in hell for stealing Malaysian Rakyat's money.

Now read on..

Quote..

SUBANG JAYA, Feb 21 ― Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim offered his assurance to Malaysians today that any member of a Pakatan Rakyat (PR) federal government who engages in corruption would face harsh punishment, including imprisonment.

The prime minister-hopeful warned that the same treatment would be accorded to any member of the administration, regardless of which PR party he or she hails from, whether PKR, DAP or PAS.

He admitted that PR, with its lack of administrative experience, would not be able to resolve all the nation’s problems but gave his word that the nearly five-year-old pact would stick to its founding struggle to weed out all forms of corruption in the government.

“No, we are not able to solve all the problems from Day One. But... in my public speeches, I’ve said ― look, I can’t assure everything is settled.

“But I can assure one thing, which I’m absolutely certain... I would stop the plundering of the nation’s wealth from Day One,” Anwar (picture) told the launch of PKR’s new think-tank Institut Rakyat at Empire Hotel here this evening.

“Anyone who transgresses that will be sent right to the Sungai Buloh prison. After all, my room is still vacant,” he said.

Anwar, who was fielding questions from the audience during the launch, was repeatedly asked to explain specifically PR’s plans should it wrest federal power from Barisan Nasional (BN) in Election 2013.

There were also observations from the floor that despite PR’s dream, the fledgling pact lacked the experience of running a country, and needed to formulate not just ideas and policies but concrete implementation plans that must kick off from the first day it occupies the Putrajaya administrative capital.

One member of the audience asked Anwar how PR planned to “manage expectations”, pointing to the many promises that the pact has made in its bid to woo voters ahead of the coming polls.

“How we manage expectations... that is a very critical question. It’s true... every segment... the unemployed would feel they are getting employed the next week, and the business community that has been left out, left in the lurch, would think they should be given chances immediately,” Anwar agreed.

The opposition leader, however, noted that with PR’s strict rule to stop all forms of government corruption, much of the nation’s wealth would be replenished, therefore helping the pact run the administration better.

“That actually has a huge savings in the process. But you must be tough. And I think I am very fortunate because... in my discussions with (DAP advisor) Lim Kit Siang (PAS president Datuk Seri) Abdul Hadi Awang, (PKR president Datuk Seri) Wan Azizah (Wan Ismail), there was huge consensus from the very first minute, clear signals that [there must be] no more plundering and corruption.

“Whether it involves PKR or DAP or PAS leaders, when it comes to money and contracts...” Anwar said, shaking his head.

He said the entire system of government must be revamped to ensure that corruption would not even be possible as immediate punishment would await those who dared to break the rules.

“Stemming from what we refer to as good governance, gone are the days when it is ‘business as usual’.

“Like, I can’t award substantial contracts to Nurul Izzah and Wan Azizah ― the system just won’t allow it,” he said, referring to his daughter, the Lembah Pantai MP, and wife.

Anwar added that this would be a “Pakatan system” and not merely a PKR one, and would include a transparent mechanism for all arms of the government, including even the appointment of members of the judiciary.

The Permatang Pauh MP, who has said that Election 2013 will be his last shot at power, will lead PR into what is expected to be the most fiercely fought electoral battles that the country has seen.

Polls must be held by June, two months after the Parliament expires this April 28.

Unquote.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/under-pakatan-rule-prison-term-for-corrupt-reps-anwar-pledges/

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 02:19 |

Post removed.Why?

saufi74

804 posts

Posted by saufi74 > 2013-02-22 02:51 | Report Abuse

Klseinvestor.com now become politics.com..sucks..

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 02:59 | Report Abuse

saufi74, why sucks.....remember investing & politics go hand in hand together. If not then why you all so afraid that your shares price will drop when General Elections coming and then you all chabut sell cheap cheap like mad dogs, haa haa haa

If not, then HOLD your shares and don't chabut? Yes, another hypocrite indeed, real shameful indeed, go back to school again lah before you learn to invest, hee hee hee

saufi74

804 posts

Posted by saufi74 > 2013-02-22 03:15 | Report Abuse

Bingo..for ur information...i have been working in stock mkt for more then 20 years..i think u didnt see mkt crash..circuit breaker..i become a sales traders more a decade..i'm handling big institutional clients...including mr A...how he make make huge profits for bumi allocations...

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 03:23 | Report Abuse

saufi74 , if you had been in stock market for more than 20 years as you so claim, then when we write something about politics you cannot take it? You as a seasoned market player as you so claimed should know that politics and business does go together...so why??????

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 03:25 | Report Abuse

saufi74 , let me ask you a simple question...this...if the country goes bankrupt, then what will happen to the stock market, crashed , isn't it and all investors money hangus or bakar...so why cannot politics and business go together?????

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 03:29 | Report Abuse

and adek saufi74 , writing something good for the well being of all Malaysians & our beloved Malaysia does NOT SUCKS tetapi BN/UMNO/MCA politicians SUCKS indeed.

saufi74

804 posts

Posted by saufi74 > 2013-02-22 03:33 | Report Abuse

Bingo...i can take it but u posting so many politics issue..that's why some of ur post have been reported abuse..

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 03:41 | Report Abuse

good adek saufi74 , then let's all work together for the good of all Malaysians & the well being of our beloved Malaysia. Let's make Malaysia a better place for all Malaysians to live in. Let's make our beloved Malaysia the envy of all Asian countries and let's together too bring Malaysia to greater heights.

Salam adek saufi74.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,176 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-02-22 09:31 |

Post removed.Why?

razmry

104 posts

Posted by razmry > 2013-02-22 10:13 | Report Abuse

Mr. Ooi...

Hi!x5... Please don't become a ghost okey. To many ghost already.

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 10:16 | Report Abuse

Ooi...nice 1....XD voting opposition outdoes mean we dont care malaysia....XD

azam87

224 posts

Posted by azam87 > 2013-02-22 10:20 | Report Abuse

anyone can assist me with my enquiry pertaining to the above matter?

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2013-02-22 10:26 | Report Abuse

From the international standard point of view, Our current debt to GDP ratio is at nearly 54% and is rated as in dangerous position.

The rating agency will be downgrade our RM if touching 56% of which is unavoidable!!!

If we are unable to achieve good financial performance during the best comodities circle as of the past 4 years......please don't dream about the turnaround when the circle turn the other way!!!

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 10:30 | Report Abuse

From what i read, Azam, it differ from conventional bond, but even though Malaysia hold 69% of the Sukuk bond...but still it still around 80~90B only. The problem we facing now was increasing debt vs income...with all those resource, we could do better...the problem in Malaysia now....service/good at high price @ over charge due to political/business, black money effect, source/expenses in Malaysia.

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 10:32 | Report Abuse

As i mention before, try take indon & thai as example, we need counter measure for that, Even indon & thai also having same problem, but try view their GDP rate or their rate of income, u will know Malaysia r falling behind...that is a fact..zzz

Posted by New Insight Sabah > 2013-02-22 10:33 | Report Abuse

Mr Ooi, as a student of the Chinese language and literature I must say I've never heard of such a "Chinese" proverb. But I know this saying: 生在苏州, 活在杭州, 吃在广州, 死在柳州 which means "born in Suzhou, live in Hangzhou, eat in Guangzhou, die in Liuzhou". Malaysia afterall is not China.

In any case any government democratic or otherwise owe their citizens a duty of care, social welfare, and good governance. Please note that all communist countries claim to be democratic. The official title of North Korea is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and China calls itself the People's Republic of China even though it is a single-party communist and socialist state. Its claim to a people's republic makes it democratic. Cheers!

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 10:34 | Report Abuse

From 2008 till now, we double our debt...u don't think if that is a threat? try see 1998 till now the debt/income, FDI, etc.

razmry

104 posts

Posted by razmry > 2013-02-22 10:56 | Report Abuse

Datuk,

I taught our Malaysia debt/GDP reaching 57% already... http://mylifeinvest.blogspot.com/ the info from this blog refer to http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock.

Which one is accurate then. What will happen to Malaysia economy then if Debt/GDP reaching its alarming point.

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 12:26 | Report Abuse

NAJIB & UMNO'S SECRET ISRAELI BANK ACCOUNTS.....is this true??

read more here..

http://margeemar.blogspot.com/2009/01/mahathir-najib-umnos-secret-israeli.html

skyboyman

457 posts

Posted by skyboyman > 2013-02-22 12:26 | Report Abuse

no political post please.. let's focus on share..

Balboa

2 posts

Posted by Balboa > 2013-02-22 12:29 | Report Abuse

Good one Bingo....some ppl cannot read the title of the forum....!!

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 12:38 | Report Abuse

yes adek Balboa , these people are blind, for them if anything bad is said about BN/UMNO/MCA they criticized us but they pretend & not see that our beloved Malaysia is going downhill & who suffers in the end?...yes, the ones affected are the innocent Malaysians like you & me & still people are blindly supporting BN?UMNO/MCA, OMG, haa haa haa

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 12:38 | Report Abuse

Razmry try to see overall picture, try to understand meaning behind all "thing". And also economy. AS we know certainly, how Malaysia will grow in certain % each year but what we dont know is the world economy, behavior & etc. There are uncertainty in everything. U can't predict thing will be smooth. Same goes to business, we must predict the worst thing to come & get plan for it. http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/highlights/221437-economic-report-20122013-msia-2013-gdp-growth-forecast-at-45-to-55-says-mof.html, http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malaysias-debts-a-potential-time-bomb-say-economists

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 12:42 | Report Abuse

Countries with strong credit ratings such as Switzerland can even afford to offer negative yields to investors due to their perceived comfort factor while weaker countries, such as Italy and Spain, have a harder time raising funds even when offering vastly superior yields due to the perceived higher risks involved.

While Malaysia is not yet in the category of Spain or Italy, it is notable that investors prefer to switch their money to US and Singapore assets rather than Malaysia’s in times of uncertainty despite the 10-year MGS (Malaysian Government Securities) offering a yield of about 3.4 per cent as compared to less than 1.5 per cent for both 10-year Singapore government bond and 10-year US Treasury bonds.

This generally means that investors harbour stronger doubts over Malaysia’s ability to pay back its debts, and outflow of funds led to the ringgit slumping to a 14-year low against the Singapore dollar and also saw the currency lose ground to the greenback.

With both its debt and budget deficit among the highest in Asia as a percentage of GDP, it would be difficult for the government to pare down debts without it either raising taxes or cutting spending, both options which are likely to make it unpopular with the public at large.

The saving grace for the government is that it can tap into the vast savings pool of Malaysians instead of going outside the country and the revenue it gains from oil and gas.

Hydrocarbon income, however, could be under threat this year as petroleum prices have weakened significantly due to the economic uncertainty. U R NOT GOD U CAN't PREDICT EVERYTHING XD

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 13:03 | Report Abuse

Rafizi Ramli: Anggota Tentera Bersama Seluruh Rakyat, Kita Akan Tumbangkan UMNO

....now watch the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bVukeGPrA

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 13:08 | Report Abuse

Laksamana Pertama (B) Hj Imran Abd Hamid: Siapa Musuh Kita?

see the video below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyyoYpXsS6g

Balboa

2 posts

Posted by Balboa > 2013-02-22 13:39 | Report Abuse

That's why Bingo we accepted BN and team for 50+ years and yet they tell and show us themselves that they rob us and yet these jokers want to argue otherwise.....they are obviously not the competent type who believes we can fight and excel whatever race but still continue to believe the UMNO goons guaranty safety net even after they have shown their true color.

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 13:54 | Report Abuse

Daim Zainuddin predicted that only 3 states are safe for BN in Peninsula Malaysia.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8750/safeg.png

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 14:10 | Report Abuse

4 retired General from land,Sea and air support Pakatan Rakyat! Ini Kali lah!

one more time for those who miss this..

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2931/generalsg.png

wow, wow, wow

Rocky

21 posts

Posted by Rocky > 2013-02-22 14:20 | Report Abuse

Tahan .......defend....Tahan.....go go GO Pakatan........if BN can behave and stop treating the rakyat like robot, and treating our money and countries money like their own.....let them wait 5 years and we may consider....Look at the pahang adnan behaving like a gangster showing foul hand gesture,....Sabah Musa amassing billion together with his east Malaysia brother Taib owning banks, land, properties around the world. And Najib too asking the rakyat to spend wisely but his wife owning everything and anything.....why still these goons still think they are king when we are kicking them out??

Rocky

21 posts

Posted by Rocky > 2013-02-22 14:24 | Report Abuse

A lot of weak souls here depending on handout calling BN abah? Hahahaha.....

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 14:58 | Report Abuse

yes Rocky, these shameless moroons will call BN as abah...real idiots indeed, haa haa haa

razmry

104 posts

Posted by razmry > 2013-02-22 15:00 | Report Abuse

Wy Lee,

Thanks for the explanation. I try to understand, some of us come here I3 to get more information about stock counter and to invest with our saving to get more profit to cover our living expenses that price up tremendously lately.

If our country debt is uncontrolled, then the government need to rise tax, increase BLR, RM value become lower etc-etc, so what happen to us? Do the salary we get now enough for living for most of us especially those who work in private sector? How about our retirement time those who deposit in EPF? Do our EPF will grow enough for our retirement as cost of living keep rising?

I try to understand the scenario that happened, to decide what should I do in my future investment plan.

Thank in advance for your answer.

bingo

2,677 posts

Posted by bingo > 2013-02-22 15:10 | Report Abuse

yes, adek razmry, what you said is all true. If BN wins the General Elections , you can bet your bottom dollar that GST will be introduce and what does that mean? It simply means that you simply have to pay extra taxes for the things you buy everyday...so extra expenses for everyone, so how to survive lah?

Wy Lee

512 posts

Posted by Wy Lee > 2013-02-22 16:24 | Report Abuse

Gov need to re-evaluated their expenses & looking for more investment plan, there are lot things to do, gov can't just depend on private sector & pure resource we had, then people hv to suffer high tax & etc which cause by our gov because of bad administration & corruption...Gov now spending alot of money and we have to pay for it including all the BRIM (for me it just like borrowing money from gov) Zzz...ZZzzz

Post a Comment
Market Buzz