There is no exception to anyone

Koon Bee

549 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2016-01-13 22:56 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha...some of the letter LOL especially the last one

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-13 22:57 | Report Abuse

How can we valuable good student just by grade on the school?
So a good grade will guarantee a bright future?

Koon Bee

549 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2016-01-13 22:59 | Report Abuse

Uncle, can you please approved RM1 mil KYY foundation for me to goreng share?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-13 22:59 | Report Abuse

Obviously I would look at something else if the two candidates also excel in the academics,
attitude will certainly has some advantages

lux88

148 posts

Posted by lux88 > 2016-01-13 23:04 | Report Abuse

Poor student cannot be a Dr?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-13 23:04 | Report Abuse

Some my rating attributes will go into
-Academic
-Attitude
-English literacy
-Curriculum
-Social skill
-Work experience?
-poor family

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-13 23:14 | Report Abuse

My golden rule to select candidate is
-Please do not study medicine, of course it is illegal to save a life if you are not verified doctor, do you know Indian genius kid siddesh manjunath who save a life could go to jail if he failed the operation, can you practice medicine without a proper training? Yes you could do it with animal but obviously not human, but you also need to make sure the animal do not belong to anyone or it is protected species
-

Posted by Lee Ah Chai > 2016-01-13 23:20 | Report Abuse

I think Mr.Koon shouldn't published the applicants'letters in public,even without mentioning their names! His intention may be good, but i strongly believe that his way of doing this is improper!

pang72

47,713 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2016-01-13 23:26 | Report Abuse

uncle,
Please set your selection rule clearly and obtain document as justification.
It seen like you set a guideline to provide a scholarships for poor student but through time add-on new rule for not applicable for Medical Course.
If you do not set the rule well, you will have to post this type of comments every time here.
I feel this is not right to publish their private application letter in public for many to criticize. You need to take care of the young feeling. They are not as experience as you but need couching.

Posted by Lone Trader > 2016-01-13 23:30 | Report Abuse

I am speech less..... malayish. oh, my, my! blame me.

hyteo1992

134 posts

Posted by hyteo1992 > 2016-01-13 23:33 | Report Abuse

By judging their english standard, we can conclude that malaysia education system failed.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-13 23:43 | Report Abuse

The education system has failed our youths.

Definitely good for Mr Koon to bring it out into the open to be discussed and to inform.

pang72

47,713 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2016-01-13 23:54 | Report Abuse

If you would like to criticism the education system, please write a official letter to Government for proposal. But, if i am not wrong this is a investment forum.

Hoteyes

46 posts

Posted by Hoteyes > 2016-01-13 23:58 | Report Abuse

I would like to make a comment here about Mr Koon.i have nothing against you and i am usually not the kind to comment and neither do i know you personally but publishing the students letters here in an open forum is very unbecoming of a person who professed to be generous and a philanthropist...You seemed to enjoy making fun of all these young aspirants and even insult their professed ambitions...you have no specifics rules for the applicants from the start and of course you do get various types of applicants hoping to obtain a scholarship from you.if you feel they do not fulfil your criteria, just reject them through a letter and not publish all these unkind and uncalled for comments in an open forum just because you have the money and is the giver of the scholarship...
from your last two blogs regarding the scholarship, you depict yourself to be such a low being.i am sorry i have lost all respect for you although you profess yourself to be a phlilanthropist....to me a philanthropist should be quiet and reserve and donate in a genuine manner without pomp and fuss.....give willingly and with specific rules from the beginning and do not insult young talents by openly publishing their application letters and end with a rude and demoralising comment.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-13 23:59 | Report Abuse

side dish, can or cannot?...You also cannot say the future of our youths not important.

Posted by pang72 > Jan 13, 2016 11:54 PM | Report Abuse

If you would like to criticism the education system, please write a official letter to Government for proposal. But, if i am not wrong this is a investment forum.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 00:04 | Report Abuse

hoteyes

what Koon has brought to the forum are real stuffs. The real things happening in Malaysia.
You are justified to throw tamtrums only if the names were disclosed.

Thkent91

195 posts

Posted by Thkent91 > 2016-01-14 00:12 | Report Abuse

There are nothing wrong in all letters. It's just based on our own perspective to judge them whether they deserve the scholarships. Kyy may sound harsh if he choose not to give study aid to all above but there are still many potential out there.

Especially the last letter, the only person to blame is his parents. He doesn't like to become a doctor judging on his grades but their parents like somehow force him to become one. How to give aid? There are many more who deserve aid rather then this guys.

Posted by Nihar Mynihar > 2016-01-14 00:13 | Report Abuse

nak bagi , bagi lah.. tak nak bagi jangan diperkecilkan orang..tak fasih dan mahir english tak bermakna tidak bagus dan tak boleh berjaya.. banyak jer orang jepun dan jerman tak pandai english.. ada jer billionare di malaysia tidak mahir dan bijak dalam bahasa english pun...

pang72

47,713 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2016-01-14 00:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 00:37 | Report Abuse

wakakakaka. i love this thread. super joke. it is the evidence that malaysian youth are all hopeless. as provided in the letters, those who studied medicine, law, all cannot even write England properly.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 00:45 | Report Abuse

Student with 10As in SPM

Dear Mrs Koon,

I am aware that you are giving scholarship to those needy with finances problem in their family.

I had read the terms and condition before I apply for this scholarship. I insist to apply for this scholarship because I am finances weak where my sister were also studying in universiti now.

I hope that I can get this scholarship to give less burden to my family. I am a pra-U students and now I am waiting for the result and enter universiti in september 2016.

if you are reading this, I feel thankful that you read through my life. And here I will enclose some tails.

My name is ???. I get 10As in my spm examination.I was studies in SMK KETARI BENTONG PAHANG. I really hope that I can get this scholarship. Thank you. Hope to hear a good news soon.

OK, now the guessing game start. CAN anyone tell me Student with 1A what would be their England like? what would be their IQ like?

student with 10As also talk and think and write like student who failed all subjects.
what about those with less As? u know the govt instructed the marker to simply give As to make the parent happy and make the student big ego. malaysia boloh mah. opps. boleh mah.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 00:47 | Report Abuse

this one lagi best, English Teacher some more, won debate in England some more.

tiuniasing... i m speechless.

I am ???, a Diploma in pharmacy graduate. The reason I am writing an email to you is to seek for financial aid to pursue my bachelors. The degree that I am looking into is not a Pharmacy degree but TESOL. I have always been very passionate about teaching English. I took up pharmacy due to parents interest and along the way of me completing my diploma, they have realized that my passion for English language is at its peak. No doubt, I have graduated with 3.0 CGPA in diploma in pharmacy only to full fill my parents desire and I am more than blessed that all my hard work has paid off when they have gave me the ultimatum to choose my pathway. I am 23 years old this year but that has not degrade my motivation to continue studying. The diploma in pharmacy that i have studied will not go to waste because I have gained a vast knowledge on the pharmaceutical world. I have actively participated in English Language activities during school and university days. I was the school`s and the university`s parliamentary English debater. I was a volunteer English teacher under the NGO known as EWRF. I was teaching students from year 1 to year 3 of SJKT Sg. Pari Ipoh,Perak. My father is an ex policeman,66 years old,served the government for almost 38 years and with the expenses these days which are at an alarming rate makes it difficult for him to manage the household expenses. Thus,he wont be able to take care of my expenditures. My humble request is for you to consider my application. It would be a great help if you could help me create an opportunity to brighten up my future and to make my dream a reality. I am reachable via my mobile ?????? anytime. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 00:48 | Report Abuse

is this how Ultimatum is being used? (scratch my balls)

I have graduated with 3.0 CGPA in diploma in pharmacy only to full fill my parents desire and I am more than blessed that all my hard work has paid off when they have gave me the ultimatum to choose my pathway.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 00:53 | Report Abuse

and that is the real sad story.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > Jan 14, 2016 12:37 AM | Report Abuse

wakakakaka. i love this thread. super joke. it is the evidence that malaysian youth are all hopeless. as provided in the letters, those who studied medicine, law, all cannot even write England properly.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 00:55 | Report Abuse

and that is the real sad story. And not just English skills lacking. Every thing is lacking in the applicants shown.
No maturity, no problem solving skills, no efforts put, as if Uncle Koon owes them a favor.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 00:58 | Report Abuse

Malaysia boleh land disease producing 10A students who are idiots in life

--------------------------------------------
student with 10As also talk and think and write like student who failed all subjects.
what about those with less As? u know the govt instructed the marker to simply give As to make the parent happy and make the student big ego. malaysia boloh mah. opps. boleh mah.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 01:11 | Report Abuse

lets examine the typical SPM 10As student brain.

Student with 10As in SPM

Dear Mrs Koon,

I am aware that you are giving scholarship to those needy with finances problem in their family. (i am aware u r water fish)

I had read the terms and condition before I apply for this scholarship. I insist to apply for this scholarship because I am finances weak where my sister were also studying in universiti now.
(i insist! see how ego this person is. hallo, u r begging for money la)
(he is finances weak?? his/her sister were also studying or is also studying?)
(universiti??? aiyoyo, everywhere u can see University la)

I hope that I can get this scholarship to give less burden to my family. I am a pra-U students and now I am waiting for the result and enter universiti in september 2016.
(give less burden... not lessen the burden. )
(pra-u student...)

if you are reading this, I feel thankful that you read through my life. And here I will enclose some tails.
(read through his life? what has he disclosed ??? )
(he also enclose some tails. wakakakakaka. laughgaodieme la, he is lizards is it?)

My name is ???. I get 10As in my spm examination.I was studies in SMK KETARI BENTONG PAHANG. I really hope that I can get this scholarship. Thank you. Hope to hear a good news soon.
(10 A student!!)

Mou Tak Ting.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 01:24 | Report Abuse

it is true. a fren of mine hired a local University graduate who has worked in another company for 2 years and she couldn't even write a simple english letter. as simple as what i am writing in this post.

this is not shocking enough. she also cannot write proper malay, or proper chinese. and not only her, 95% of malaysian youth below 30s all like that.

they only know a little bit of this and that and most of the time they think they are very intelligence.

jeff 7839

50 posts

Posted by jeff 7839 > 2016-01-14 01:34 | Report Abuse

Couldn't agree more with Hoteyes. When someone writes to you for a scholarship (money), he has to swallow his pride and look towards you with hope. It does not matter if you do no accede to his request but do not open him to public ridicule by publishing his letter in verbatim. A true gentleman would not do that. There are more subtle ways to convey your intentions.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 01:35 | Report Abuse

10A s, everybody she knows praises her, ....how can she be otherwise?
whose fault that shes is who she is?

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 01:39 | Report Abuse

i support KYY in disclosing the letters in verbatim.

it open my eyes on the malaysia O level equivalent (SPM) 10 distinction on all 10 subjects.

which is supposed to include, English, Chinese, Bahasa Malaysia right???

wakakakaka. their education level is worst than a Taiwan standard 3 student who can write better and communicate better.

AnkKmpg

30 posts

Posted by AnkKmpg > 2016-01-14 05:13 | Report Abuse

Deplorable state of our English language (high flyers, no less). On the other hand these applicants may be able to communicate and express themselves better if they were to write in Bahasa or Mandarin (i sincerely hope that would be the case). We know who's the real culprit for this sad situation and the real victims are our children and following generation/s.

Posted by Laughgaodiemeliao > 2016-01-14 05:26 | Report Abuse

FAT HOPE, these new generation moron is unable to express and communicate better than apes. but they get all As in their O level exam.

RosmahMansur

2,870 posts

Posted by RosmahMansur > 2016-01-14 07:20 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon,
Thank you for your support to the public & kindness.

I do feel that it is unethical for you to publish the email of the poor students in public. No doubt that you are erased their names and contacts, but the information regarding the students are still in situ. This will indirectly shame the students in public and put their morale to a new low. You are merely betraying their trusts on you as a public and respectable figure. By right these letters should not be viewed in the public. Even if you want to highlight their broken english, you should be deleting the unimportant sentences to preserve the confidentiality.

Also, I do not agree with you that poor students should be denied a chance to study medicine. Each of us have their dreams to pursue. Yes although there are gluts of house men nowadays, yet I belief their dreams of becoming a Dr shouldn't be blunted but be supported throughout.

You should also highlight the pre requisites required to apply for the KYY scholarships. If not, you will be posting this amusement every now and then to shame the students. If you do not feel of giving the donation / scholarships, kindly say so and you can use it for your own "afterlife benefits".

I strongly urge KYY and the admin to remove this page in i3 and FB to conserve the privacy and confidentialities of the students. TQ

3iii

12,826 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-01-14 07:49 | Report Abuse

We can blame the students for the poor English, but that would be partially wrong. They are in an environment that trapped them. Our education system sucks and these students are the products of the system. The blame should be placed squarely on the Minister of Education and the government.

Posted by What The Hiak > 2016-01-14 08:27 | Report Abuse

So many uncles aunties know how to blame blame blame.
Who breeds the new generation? It is your generation.. You are the one to be blamed for. Only blame blame blame, never guide them never educate them in a proper way.

Don't say not all previous generation are like that... i can also say not all students are like that.

No comments for KYY's ways of conveying message. It is his usual style. Students who thinks your pride and confidence are damaged, please turn to positive energy and continue fight for your life.

Diu.. ask them to see accountants when they are sick, ask them to see accountants when they send their cars for maintenance, ask them to call accountants when they find a burglar removing window grills.

One cruel lesson for younger generation. If u need help from somebody, u need to see his face and listen to everything what he says. You are young, fight hard for your life. Let go all sad feeling, chase for your dream job, improve your english and learn to manage your money and PROVE THEM WRONG.

fayeTan

374 posts

Posted by fayeTan > 2016-01-14 08:42 | Report Abuse

mr Koon, you might as well sponsor a 3 months course to improve English for let say 50 - 100 students? I believe that the long term value for students with improved English will be much more than just the scholarship

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2016-01-14 08:46 | Report Abuse

Let us treat all applicants/applications for scholarships with a sense of decency and respect. Not all may qualify for KYY's scholarships, nevertheless we are all human beings with different sets of priorities, thus pls do not publish their letters to "make fun" of their standard of English, blame it on the govt's education system, also do not ridicule their reasons for applying. It is up to KYY and his wife to accept or reject, however do it humanely and preserve the applicants' dignity.

Posted by What The Hiak > 2016-01-14 08:46 | Report Abuse

Come on laa... words such as hopeless and stupid..Don't use on your kids and other people kids... I give u 1000 punches in your face is nothing compared to the damaged you give them eternally.

See from comments, I see many stupid adults, no wonder our future generation is so hopeless.

yktay1

464 posts

Posted by yktay1 > 2016-01-14 09:21 | Report Abuse

Some of you are missing the point entirely (as dumb as some of these students). What Mr. Koon is trying to say is that if one were applying a scholarship, at least get an English teacher to proof read the application before submission. Submitting a half past 6 application only indicates that the applicant is not serious and is probably an undeserving slacker.

Regarding eligibility, I agree with Mr Koon entirely. Some of these applicants are not considered needy but in fact greedy especially the girl already with diploma in pharmacy. Please let the really needy ones have a chance.

Posted by What The Hiak > 2016-01-14 09:50 | Report Abuse

One example of dumb... LOL

While processing the applications, KYY is bringing up a few problems our young generation is facing. English problem, Lacking of knowledge but too ambitious without measuring his own capacity, manners, etc etc..

Bet all my money in bank, he never meant to ask students to find a good English teacher to write for them. What kind of solution is this? He is asking all students and young kid to start learning english properly la..Its a survival skill. Without it, you cannot even apply for scholarship, then also cannot get a good job and live a comfortable life...

Jason Lim

180 posts

Posted by Jason Lim > 2016-01-14 09:51 | Report Abuse

What's the point of belittling the students? If they are not qualified and not in line with your sponsorship vision and mission, you just sieve them out.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 09:53 | Report Abuse

Not just the students, Jason Lim is also a product of Malaysia boleh land disease. Bury all problems, sweep all problems under the carpet.

Posted by leehualoon > 2016-01-14 10:09 | Report Abuse

Grammatical errors are somewhat common.

About what's KYY comments on others is much more like "their choices rationality" like why would a diploma pharmacy student would like to pursue to be English teacher.

However, who nurtured our young generation? I guess we should guide them rather than belittling them.

Also, I agree with RosmahMansur where this kind of information should be no publish publicly.

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 10:22 | Report Abuse

Its not just about English skills, Tom.

The letters are clear proof of the boleh land disease among the so called top scorers.

Where is the proof and narration to convince people they deserved to be helped?

Is such slip shot and lazy work enough to convince people?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-14 10:27 | Report Abuse

Instead of mocking those students with poor English skills, Uncle Koon should offer to help them. For example, he can attach a condition to the scholarship such that whoever gets it should also show progress in English within let's say 6 months

They need help, not to be turned away just because of insufficient English proficiency.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-14 10:29 | Report Abuse

Just shuddup lah. Your buttering of Uncle Koon without regard to right or wrong made me sick

----

Desa2020 Its not just about English skills, Tom.

The letters are clear proof of the boleh land disease among the so called top scorers.

Where is the proof and narration to convince people they deserved to be helped?

Is such slip shot and lazy work enough to convince people?
14/01/2016 10:22

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2016-01-14 10:31 | Report Abuse

sick?
reading those letters I also don't know to laugh or be sick.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-14 10:35 | Report Abuse

no need to read those letters... you made me sick...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz