CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.05 (0.63%)

Day's Change

7.94 - 8.00

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,441 comment(s). Last comment by Jason Lee Chinhan 34 minutes ago

riko

2,727 posts

Posted by riko > 2020-07-11 10:25 | Report Abuse

Why sohai keep posting old news when cimb already made the provision... May be can't get rm3.... Wait ah....

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-12 11:10 | Report Abuse

DeepValueInvestor Yeah agree with the above. A good blue chip with lots of upside when the ROE returns to its 5-year Average. And with a dividend yield of 6.62% beats all FD now. Will soar when OPR further cut by 0.25 in July
11/06/2020 1:02 PM

Wow accurately predicted by @DeepValue?

https://www.malaymail.com/news/money/2020/07/11/bursa-malaysia-to-trade-with-upside-bias-next-week/1883470
OPR cut provided support and sparked buying interest in banking stocks. There was a strong buying interest in banking stocks last week

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2020-07-13 16:48 | Report Abuse

Tourism sector all crying for further moratorium, in other words asking the banks shareholders to bear the brunt again. The tourism sector is mostly made up of hotels which are either owned by offshore entities, millionaires or by public companies. I say their own shareholders should inject capital if they cant afford their loans same as any other business.

Posted by Bear_Bull_N_Balls > 2020-07-13 18:57 | Report Abuse

Wouldn't be surprise if foreign investors withdraw their investments anytime that'll cause a dip in Asian stock markets. More and more companies around the world filling for Chapter 11 / bankruptcy / debt restructuring. Tread carefully.

stkoay

6,413 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2020-07-13 20:09 | Report Abuse

https://www.malaymail.com/news/money/2020/07/13/moodys-economic-credit-condition-weighing-on-asset-quality-and-profitabilit/1884070

Moody’s he said, expected asset quality and profitability would deteriorate from good levels in 2019 across most banking systems, with Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines having the best asset quality with non-performing loans below two per cent.

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:42 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings so free to spam and troll all gloves counters yesterday and today

@ CakapSohaiThings is a Gila Babi running amok

@CakapSohaiThings say guess investment bankers made a fortune from this bull run. Banks QR will be better than expected

This is what I am talking about, banks will be the ones benefiting the most in this bull run now.

Please push the price higher. Helping the banks indirectly helps the economy to recover faster

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:44 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings so free to spam and troll all gloves counters yesterday and today

@CakapSohaiThings is a Gila Babi running amok

@CakapSohaiThings say Volatility is all the banks need to reap more earnings so Please continue trading shares

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:46 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings say LOL dont worry about gamblers here. They trade with the prepared mindset to lose it all. Please dont discourage gamblers from trading this stock. We really need to keep (if increases even better) the volatility for the CIMB

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:47 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings say
To all gamblers here, please accept my sincerest gratitude. Without you, Malaysia economy recovery would be delayed.

THANK YOU :)

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:49 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings say ....
Greater fool theory! In trading, fret not about the valuation.

Overvalued?? Meh, all you need is to convince the next idiot to buy it at a higher price than you!

Another opportunistic day to convince the next few idiots to drive the price higher.
However, please be cautious and use stop loss. I dont want to see anyone jumping off buildings.

Giving back to the sharks is charitable and helps to spur the economy recovery, but please do it within your means

Again to all gamblers, please accept my sincerest gratitude :)

Please continue trading as frequently as possible, there are always more idiotic people to buy from you

The next TP will double the current TP, because banks will keep raising the tp as everyone loves trading revenue

All this wealth created out of thin air is what we need for the economy recovery

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:51 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings say

Please continue trading as frequently as possible, there are always more idiotic people to buy from you

Next trading volume target: 1billion for CIMB !!!
TP = RM30.00 Huat Ah !!
Dreams of @CakapSohaiThings

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:53 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
No matter which direction it goes. TRADE!!!!

Good luck gamblers! Please trade as frequently as possible ;)

CIMB will resurrect

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:55 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
All this cash flow also helps our economy to recover faster

And CIMB will go up and up , never stop !!

Yeah, for those who have earned a lot chunk from this counter. It isnt too bad to give back some.

Most importantly, just keep trading and don’t FCKING CUT LOSS

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 20:56 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
TRADE NOW!! If they rob u, think it as a charity work for the economy. This is our country

For those who are looking to hedge their position, buy put warrants or short the FKLI index! No matter what u do just keep trading!

No need to go to work

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:00 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
Good luck gamblers! Please trade as frequently as possible

All this cash flow also helps our economy to recover faster.

Yeah, for those who have earned a lot chunk from this counter. It isnt too bad to give back some.

Most importantly, just keep trading and FCKING don’t cut LOSS

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:02 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
TRADE NOW!! If they rob u, think it as a charity work for the economy. This is our country

No matter what u do just keep trading!

THE SHARKS NEED TO EAT FOR THE ECONOMY, PLEASE FCKING TRADE

Long live the sharks!

CONTINUE TRADING!!

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:04 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
Please stay and fcking trade!

Just keep trading

just feed the sharks

Everyone here is the next buffet (but in trading instead of in investing). Just believe yourself and keep trading like you are the next trading saint

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:08 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says
Just keep trading, you have strong support, push it to TP 60

Greater fool theory! In trading, fret not about the valuation

Overvalued?? Meh, all you need is to convince the next idiot to buy it at a higher price than you!

Another opportunistic day to convince the next few idiots to drive the price higher.

Giving back to the sharks is charitable

All this wealth created out of thin air is just what we need for the economy recovery.

Again to all gamblers, please accept my sincerest gratitude :)

Next trading volume target: 1billion

The next TP will double the current TP, because banks will keep raising the tp as everyone loves trading revenue out of thin air.

If you are done gambling, invest in sharks as they always make it out fatter no matter which direction gloves go.

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:11 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says

Invest in sharks is the easiest and safest way to win

Today is not a good day hunting the next few idiots to buy. Lets try again tomorrow

Thank you gamblers for the trading volume today. Next target volume: 1 billion

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:12 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings says

Greater fool theory! In trading, fret not about the valuation.

However, please be cautious and use stop loss. I dont want to see anyone jumping off buildings.

Giving back to the sharks is charitable

All this wealth created out of thin air is just what we need for the economy recovery.

Again to all gamblers, please accept my sincerest gratitude

Next trading volume target: 1billion

The next TP will double the current TP, because banks will keep raising the tp as everyone loves trading revenue generated out of thin air.

If you are done gambling, invest in sharks as they always make it out fatter no matter which direction gloves go.

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-15 21:20 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings, you are suffering from acute mental disorder

Hope your own medicine here will able to cure you from your sick mind to troll and spam ALL 7 GLOVES COUNTERS yesterday and today non-stop from before 9:00 am to 8:00 pm

Surely you must be feeling nauseating and vomiting reading back your nonsense trolling spams in ALL 7 GLOVES COUNTERS

You so fking free meh, stupid 1st sochai

Remember to take your own medicine to cure your acute chronic mental disorder to spread hate and fear, and despise in ALL 7 GLOVES COUNTERS

Stick to your own CIMB

KALAU TAK BOLEH BUAT BAIK, JANGAN BUAT JAHAT
KERANA TAK BUAT JAHAT ITU SUDAH CUKUP BAIK

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-16 13:40 | Report Abuse

@STFU_FU Accused me of spreading fear in the glove counters. If you are actually confident in your counters, why aren't you delighted to collect more at a lower premium? Kau beli sahaja la setiap Kali ia jatuh. Asal? Nak jual timer bomb Kau kepada orang lain ke? Too greedy not to lock in profit when you could?

Look, I didn't comment anything during the morning trading hours today, and the gloves in general are still red. We both know that IF the fundamentals are intact, my comments will have no impact on the prices. Trade at your own risk, and stop blaming others when you lose money. When you decided to enter at such a high valuation (when the risks outsize the rewards), you should have prepared yourself mentally well to lose it until the price to value equilibrium is reached. Grow up and stop being a man-sized baby. If you can't afford to stomach the paper loss, stick with FD or cash equivalents investment securities.

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-16 13:41 | Report Abuse

Of course, I am not going to hint the public that the gloves are way overvalued for free (TP is calculated based on overly optimistic approach). I was also promoting the public to invest and swim with the Sharks as well. For gloves, I don't care if it goes up or down. I just want to keep the trading VOLUME of all these expensive stocks high, and hence the trading REVENUE of my banks counters will be high.

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-16 13:42 | Report Abuse

Now, let me thank you for the free advertising. Now, more people know that banks' quarter earnings might be a lot more better than expected from all the trading revenues generated. I would also like to use this opportunity to invite glove punters to trade in the finance and plantations sector, which has less risk-to-reward ratio. Again, I really don't care where you trade. Just keep trading. More trading volume (especially for high price stocks) leads to more trading revenues to the banks.

PS: I am not telling anyone to sell the glove counters. In fact, if you are actually good at trading, stay! Despite all the risks, you still can reap a huge lot from all the volatilities here.

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-16 13:47 | Report Abuse

@STFU_FU If you are unhappy and vengeful, please come and 'spread fear' in the bank counters. I would be happy to collect more for my long term SLOW and STEADY investment. Thanks in advance

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/14/jpmorgan-chase-jpm-earnings-q2-2020.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/amp/goldman-2q-profit-tops-forecast-on-strong-trading-revenue/1896018

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-16 15:40 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings, practice some ethics, don’t be so sickening to badmouth and condemn counters where you don’t own any shares

Win or lose is our business, investing also using our own money

No need excuses to justify your trolling and spamming all 7 gloves counters today, yesterday and the day before yesterday

You are NOT a saint or a share god, and definitely you are NOT benevolent in bad mouthing

Keep yourself to CIMB

Gloves counter investors are fine without your trolling and spamming
We are NOT going to share our winning profits with you, while you won’t be compensating us for our losses, period

Bye and thank you

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-16 16:24 | Report Abuse

@STFU_FU Hey, I am sorry if I offended you.

I was just hinting forumers to get out of the gloves when things no longer made sense to me (Put warrant went up although mother share climbed higher).

I even read elsewhere that someone thought it was a Topglove-Harta combo warrant for the Topglov-HA put warrant.

STFU_FU

116 posts

Posted by STFU_FU > 2020-07-16 18:47 | Report Abuse

@CakapSohaiThings, no worries , your apologies accepted

Let’s be friends , and wishes each other investments the best, so do the rest of those too would have invested in KLSE listed companies

Cheers and best of luck to your investments, we spread good vibes and encouragements

Like today, it’s depressing, however we should tell people don’t worry, investments are for long term, drop one day isn’t horrible, and definitely not a mistake of the investor

Jason85

652 posts

Posted by Jason85 > 2020-07-17 00:53 | Report Abuse

O.0 what’s is this about? Chill

Lanesra

1,119 posts

Posted by Lanesra > 2020-07-17 13:48 | Report Abuse

oh nom nom, looks good to go in. will decide at the end of the day

Posted by CakapSohaiThings > 2020-07-17 17:21 | Report Abuse

Collect now when it is still cheap and thank me later.

Also, please express gratitude to all the traders out there for all the trading volume and the trading revenue for the IBs. Q2 YoY profit might reduce, but will be significantly better than expectations due to the massive boost in trading revenue in the market rally.

kasinathan

967 posts

Posted by kasinathan > 2020-07-17 19:11 | Report Abuse

Based on the management briefing, the targeted Return on equity would be revised from 9.5% to between 3-5% as highlighted in TA research report. You can extract the report via bursa.

Target price from the research house is Rm3. 20.

kasinathan

967 posts

Posted by kasinathan > 2020-07-17 19:12 | Report Abuse

I think the price would be below Rm3 when the 2nd quarter report release

ivanlau

1,378 posts

Posted by ivanlau > 2020-07-17 21:04 | Report Abuse

cimb coming qr will be more worst......pls think twice before u invest................

Bao2lai

39 posts

Posted by Bao2lai > 2020-07-18 00:19 | Report Abuse

Quality of management is priority must improve 1st.
Poor management will created inefficiencieN system.
All these combined , profit returning to shareholders will getting less. What do you expected the performance of company share price base on these fundamentals background? Both speculator and value investor or the combination of both will dump it for sure. Dont believe? Go back to 10 years, check how efficient of the market price in year 2011 and compare it now. Will shareholders getting rich or poorer hold for 10 years? Is really covid 19 are the main root cause for these poor result? No matter how many fucking qr will coming , if those fundamental remain , this is not an difficult test for us to predict an foreseeable future especially SHARE PRICE.

Jason85

652 posts

Posted by Jason85 > 2020-07-18 02:22 | Report Abuse

Look at rm3.50 to buy in first batches

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2020-07-19 11:33 | Report Abuse

Couldn't agree with Bao2lai more. CIMB needs a management shake up especially in the Due D departments. I can only wonder at them allowing Singapore oil brokers to con them out of hundreds of millions of shareholders funds. They must be either stupid or perhaps they are corrupt. I hope the Board can explain!
EPF continues to accumulate so hopefully they will put pressure on the Board to make big changes.

aliyusof

1,393 posts

Posted by aliyusof > 2020-07-19 13:44 | Report Abuse

New CEO came in less than 2 months, hope he performs better. But just wonder about how previous CEO could handle management of entire country's finance which is much more complex and tough especially after Covid 19 detrimental effects????!!!

mf

28,748 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-07-19 19:27 | Report Abuse

Indonesia’s COVID-19 cases surpass mainland China as deaths top 4,000
Alya Nurbaiti
The Jakarta Post

Jakarta / Sat, July 18, 2020 / 05:11 pm

Jason85

652 posts

Posted by Jason85 > 2020-07-20 10:52 | Report Abuse

What will be latest TP for Cimb ? So many IB give 3.20 ? Or below ?

Posted by WarrenPuffet > 2020-07-20 12:45 | Report Abuse

It won't drop too much and also not expecting it to climb up within this year. As I heard people are push gloves stocks, gains for some political funds usage. So within this year banking stock will be struggling yet less attention, alot investors are onto gloves stocks these coming few months

Legend

4,119 posts

Posted by Legend > 2020-07-20 14:03 | Report Abuse

Fake news!

Posted by InsiderShark > 2020-07-20 15:25 |

Post removed.Why?

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2020-07-20 19:42 | Report Abuse

Sell before August 13 and September.. Once enter that period.. U will regret.. Now CIMB price consider still high.. Later 3.20 and below.. Run before too late.. :)

Posted by WarrenPuffet > 2020-07-21 07:25 | Report Abuse

@apanama
Mind provide us more sufficient info about why you suggest us to sell before Aug 13 and September?
Looking forward for your feedback, appreciate it, thanks

Posted by WarrenPuffet > 2020-07-21 07:27 | Report Abuse

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53469839
New vaccine trial with very positive results from Oxford University

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2020-07-21 08:47 | Report Abuse

Yesterday sell down on banking stocks overplayed on moratorium extension rumours

BN_better

991 posts

Posted by BN_better > 2020-07-21 12:11 | Report Abuse

Miss Najib as PM/Finance Minister.

BN_better

991 posts

Posted by BN_better > 2020-07-21 12:12 | Report Abuse

If Najib still Finance Minister loan moratorium sure extend 6 months?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz