ALCOM GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ALCOM (2674)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

5,602 comment(s). Last comment by Robert Waters 2023-05-23 22:32

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-16 10:31 | Report Abuse

Owing to disposals by some kind souls, I'm able to top up a little more today.

Just leveraging on the occasional dips of intraday trading to increase my positions.

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-16 10:34 | Report Abuse

Kennyku, still struggling with money management in your investing?

We did remind you to be careful with REV?

hoheho

57 posts

Posted by hoheho > 2017-08-16 10:41 | Report Abuse

going south. why ah ??? all sifus, please enlighten us

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-08-16 10:57 | Report Abuse

Zoombooms haha... how about u? Sell off?
Yuanlong- no la, i am not selling alcom to save rev.... rev i just have 2k unit.... so i just put it see how.... i sell alcom because i got personal thing need to do... so need use money... haha... thanks for concern... i will see a good timing and sell off rev hehe

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-16 11:35 | Report Abuse

Good morning Jefflim1234, yuanlong57, forgot090, choolooi and all Alcomates. Testing times and testing patience. Looks like the journey to the Golden Palace will be as bumpy as ever.

Looking at its current trend, I won't be surprised if the price continues to hover around the 1.75 - 1.85 level till its ex-date. Thereafter only will it spike up, the exact opposite of the run-up in its share price before it went ex-dividend recently.

Anyway, Good Luck to all and may the journey continues till we reach our ultimate destination. Cheers!

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-16 12:12 | Report Abuse

Kennyku, never at all in my mind, doubt your discretionary judgment in your investing decisions.

I reminded you to take caution as REV's trading was highly engineered by syndicate hands. Within two days, extreme differences of 30 million shares and 6 millions were traded. Unless one can react ultra fast against the syndicate's hyperspeed organised trading, one can easily get trapped.

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-16 12:44 | Report Abuse

top up a bit this morning..this counter really needs patience..still hope that it can explode b4 ex date

singunsin

529 posts

Posted by singunsin > 2017-08-16 13:06 | Report Abuse

sorry to ask is capital reduction and repayment will make the price drop?

zoomsbooms

783 posts

Posted by zoomsbooms > 2017-08-16 13:44 | Report Abuse

nope..i don't have any position in rev..just reminding you back there as you were having some holding there..looking at the surging price today, i tot u should be able to go out..

slts

2,235 posts

Posted by slts > 2017-08-16 14:42 | Report Abuse

omg go to hollan

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-16 14:59 | Report Abuse

Three and a half trading days to see the last card .
Excitement building up.

Yes good luck to all in this Alcom Tesla journey.

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2017-08-16 15:07 | Report Abuse

From the Technical Price Chart the stock is lately overbought.Today price down to flush the weak buyers of the stock.View the chart- http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Stock-Chart.aspx?securitycode=2674

Probably,the price will resume the uptrend before the ex-date.

2.Even if the price stays put or goes further down to RM 1.60-1.72( says) the earlier dividend and the capital repayment together can buffer for any loss in the stock price.

3.That will be further buffered by the QR announcement to be made before end August.Expects the QR for the third quarter(3QR) to be better than the previous.

Outcome: prospective capital gains.Risk tolerable.

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-16 15:09 | Report Abuse

Let's hope it doesn't break 1.75 otherwise it will test 1.65 - 1.71 level again. Looks like the conductor has made this journey a bit more difficult and taxing for us Alcomates. Maybe he is testing our patience and perseverance. Lol ...

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2017-08-16 15:30 | Report Abuse

Never expected

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-16 15:32 | Report Abuse

Another possible scenario that could pan out, if the QR announcement / release is after the ex-date for the capital repayment, is this:

Alcom will posts weaker results in the upcoming QR. Ex-date for capital repayment is deliberately set earlier than the QR so as to lock in investors who wishes to enjoy the capital repayment while those with vested interests slowly dispose their shares to new / existing investors buying to take part in this exercise. After the ex-date when the QR is announce / released, the share price tumbles and investors unload in panic while those with vested interests take the opportunity to buy back.

Jefflim1234, yuanlong57 and all other Sifus, is there any remote possibility that this scenario may pan out as per above? Just exploring all possibilities as to why Alcom's share price is not performing as well as earlier (i.e. prior to the ex-date for the dividend) with the ex-date just round the corner.

tattvooi

142 posts

Posted by tattvooi > 2017-08-16 16:20 | Report Abuse

whoa bro Yip2880,r u novelist or producer of those conspiracy series, i.e. the wolf of wall street?ur thoughts so creative~however,hope ur storyline is purely fiction...or else I wanna say something "racist" to the BOD (n_n)!!!

tattvooi

142 posts

Posted by tattvooi > 2017-08-16 16:23 | Report Abuse

but looking the volume of each selling transaction...it does sound too fishy~

tattvooi

142 posts

Posted by tattvooi > 2017-08-16 16:24 | Report Abuse

some big holders unloading?!

K.v. Lim

294 posts

Posted by K.v. Lim > 2017-08-16 16:37 | Report Abuse

My friend also told me an almost similar theory like yours. But Alcom yearly financial performance has always been improving. To note, they also manage cash flow very well with no borrowings. It is also because of this that management decides to reduce the cost of capital to improve ROE. Hence, the capital repayment exercise. If Alcom had bad financials do you think the court would have approve this capital repayment exercise in the first place?

Larrytrader

1,453 posts

Posted by Larrytrader > 2017-08-16 16:48 | Report Abuse

when all drop this go up when all up this drop haha

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-16 17:24 | Report Abuse

haha...Yip2880 has a real wild imagination, hopefully it won't happen

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2017-08-16 17:32 | Report Abuse

Never expected alcom to perform so badly despite with initiative to offer capital repayment of 32 cents and with the improve market sentiments across the board . Almost 70% of the stocks went up and supposedly to attract more buyers to participate in the share as it's nearing its ex date 22/8/2017. Probably under such circumstances , it would melt down immediately after ex date if l am not wrong . I have decided to sell at 1.85 easily yesterday , but something holds me back as l miscalculated that it is likely to move forward with the capital repayment schedule as stated. The same thing goes to all shares pending bonus issues did not turn up well after reaching the exdate and subsequently with the price adjustment makes no differences .

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-16 18:04 | Report Abuse

It is really no joke to swim in WHITE -INFESTED SEAS.

Yip's presentation could happen .
Just hope it won't happen( like what RED says.)

And I took another small bite of the bait at 1.75. (Joining the WHITES)
Foolhardy or strong conviction, I really don't know.

Good evening everyone.

"TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY"

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-16 18:17 | Report Abuse

K.v. Lim, weaker results doesn't mean it makes losses this upcoming QR announcement / release but could be that it makes much much less than previous QTRs. i.e. for example previous QTR /previous corresponding QTR makes RM 10.0 mil but this upcoming QR only makes RM 5.0 mil. This will be more than enough reasons for funds / investors to dump the shares.

There is a possibility that this may happen.

zoomsbooms

783 posts

Posted by zoomsbooms > 2017-08-16 18:23 | Report Abuse

pmbtech qr - up
pmetal qr - up
next?

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2017-08-16 18:52 | Report Abuse

The probability is the weaker qr results that subsequently pulled the stock down.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2017-08-16 20:20 | Report Abuse

another angle from accumulation/distribution index
is a downward trend from 29 june 2017 till now
dark cloud forming in the horizon?

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-16 20:24 | Report Abuse

study 1st what alcom product are? i see they supply more alnium foil

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2017-08-16 20:25 | Report Abuse

oops,
should be accumulation/distribution line.
not index(error)

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-16 21:46 | Report Abuse

Casanwk..now u create suspense pulak..hmmm

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-16 22:34 | Report Abuse

TO ALL BRO ALCOMATES. If u guys HAVE DONE ALL DUE DILIGENCE ALREADY I SUGGEST U GUYS TO GO PRACTICE YOGA N NOT LET THE NOISES DISTRACT YOUR CONCENTRATION TOWARDS YOUR GOAL. Here's some quotes from WB for u guys to ponder.
1) I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. Warren Buffett
2) It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.Warren Buffett
3) You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong. Warren Buffett
4) Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it. Warren Buffett
5) We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.Warren Buffett
6) Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing. Warren Buffett
7) I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over. Warren Buffett
8) There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. Warren Buffett
9) If a business does well, the stock eventually follows. Warren Buffett

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-16 23:06 | Report Abuse

[@K.v. Lim................. But Alcom yearly financial performance has always been improving. To note, they also manage cash flow very well with no borrowings. It is also because of this that management decides to reduce the cost of capital to improve ROE. Hence, the capital repayment exercise. If Alcom had bad financials do you think the court would have approve this capital repayment exercise in the first place?]
PRECISELY!!! It means that K.v. Lim has truly done ALL HIS DUE DILIGENCE. If that is the case why should v b bothered over all these "NOISES" that is causing so much distraction from our goal? Are v now doubting EVEN OUR OWN SELF AFTER SO MUCH EFFORT HAS BEEN PUT IN B4 INVESTING IN ALCOM? FEAR N EMOTIONAL DISTRESS WILL ALWAYS B OUR GREATEST ENEMY. BY RIGHT V SHOULD B TAKING THIS CONSOLIDATION AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO TOP UP MORE (IF V CAN AFFORD IT) ON OUR PORT FOLIO. THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT I DID. I HAVE ADDED A LITTLE BIT MORE PIE 2DAY.
WHEN PEOPLE R AFRAID V SHD B GREEDY N WHEN PEOPLE R GREEDY V SHOULD B AFRAID........ BY WB. HA HA HA.

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-16 23:07 | Report Abuse

Jefflim is always here to calm us down whenever there is uncertainties arise..haha..I shall go into meditation now

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-16 23:08 | Report Abuse

Yip2880. I will respond to your thread later. Just want to check up on some data transacted 2day b4 commenting.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-17 07:06 | Report Abuse

Gud morning to yuanlong57, LPTan68, kennyku, The _Reds, forgot090, Md Abd Fahmi, zoomsbooms, Yip2880, nelsonchew, hoheho, choolooi n all Alcomates.

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-17 07:26 | Report Abuse

Good morning, Jefflim1234, LPTan68, & all Alcomates.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-17 07:52 | Report Abuse

Yip2880: In your threads u did put up some v interesting scenarios as to what could perhaps b taking place as to cause the so called "reverse gear" to b taking place in the last few trading days.
YES there is that possibility however REMOTE that possibility might b. B4 I give my take wrt these last few days trade trend I would like to say this:THE ONE N ONLY THING FOR SURE UP TO THIS MOMENT IN TIME IS THAT:
Alcom is STILL IN AN UPTREND MODE IN THE SHORT, MEDIUM N LONG TERM!!!!!!
So IF V BLIEVE THAT THAT'S THE CASE WHATEVER THE REASONS R BEHIND THE CORRECTIONS/CONSOLIDATIONS ACTUALLY R NOT V IMPORTANT EXCEPT MAYB FOR DISCOURSE N EXPERIENCE SAKE BCOS V WOULD ONLY B SPECULATING N NO MORE THAN THAT. SO THE QUESTION IN EVERYONE'S MIND IS THIS. WHAT SHOULD V DO, SELL FIRST N BUY BACK LATER? OR IS IT AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADD TO OUR PORTFOLIO?
THAT ANSWER LIES WITH EACH INDIVIDUAL COS EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN REASONS TO BUY OR SELL. THERE'S NO RIGHT OR WRONG!!
BUT I CAN SPEAK ONLY FOR MYSELF IN THIS INSTANCE. AS LONG AS THE STOCK IS STILL IN AN UPTREND MODE ESPECIALLY MORE SO IN THE SHORT, MEDIUM N LONG TERM MODES I WILL JUST HOLD ON N PROBABLY ADD A LITTLE MORE PIE AS I SEE FIT!! SOME PEOPLE REFER TO THIS AS "DUMB DUMB HOLD" BUT I'LL RATHER THINK OF IT AS "SMART SMART HOLD" SIMPLY BCOS V HAVE DONE OUR DUE DILIGENCE!!
I wouldn't want to b taken in by these EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER RIDE.
HOWEVER FOR DISCOURSE PURPOSES I WILL PRESENT MY TAKE ON THE MATTER IN MY NEXT POST. AND THAT IS JUST SIMPLY WHAT IT IS. Just my PERSONAL opinion and NOTHING MORE!
GUD LUCK N HAPPY INVESTING.

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-17 07:53 | Report Abuse

Good morning to everyone in this forum.

Another stage in this journey to unfold today.
Good luck

Jambu

10 posts

Posted by Jambu > 2017-08-17 07:57 | Report Abuse

Good morning guys, aluminium price usd 2100 . Increase usd 200 within 2 weeks.

singunsin

529 posts

Posted by singunsin > 2017-08-17 08:47 | Report Abuse

Good good

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-17 08:49 | Report Abuse

Was supposed to have posted my take b4 9am 2day BUT have press the wrong button. Instead was deleted. Looks like I will have to do it later. Sorry guys.
Gud luck n happy investing.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-17 09:57 | Report Abuse

To all bros Alcomates: As promised here's my take for the last few trading days. I have plucked out as quickly as I can the datas below. Pls highlight if there r any errors. Vol wise is an approx vol as close as I can extract from the graphs. I blieve that shd b sufficient.

Date trans 9/8 10/8 11/8 14/8 15/8 16/8
Cls pri for last 6 d 1.78, 1.74, 1.80, 1.82, 1.81, 1.76
Volume trans(m) 5.3, 2.9, 2.1, 1.3, :2.9, 1.9
Day 9/8.. Spike in price n volume after hovering
around a v strong support level of
around 1.69 to 1.72 since 31/7. To
entice weak holders n speculators to
sell! More traders n investors in, some
hoping for quick bucks while others dun
want to miss the boat.
10/8: More speculators jump in early morning
hoping to make a fast buck. However
price cls lower after mid day trapping
those speculators. Some brave hearted
INVESTORS start picking up some great
value shares during this period b4 the
cap rep announcement! FINALLY after
market hrs over announcement made.
APPROVAL BY HIGH COURT. Jubilation
all round! Everyone in HIGH SPIRIT
EXPECTING great things to come soon.
Will post this first b4 I del it again by accident. Continue after this.

lhoong

337 posts

Posted by lhoong > 2017-08-17 10:16 | Report Abuse

go go go

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-08-17 10:18 | Report Abuse

Good morning to jefflim,lptan,yuanlong,the red,forgot090 and zoombooms!!! Hope alcom can fly!!!

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-17 10:33 | Report Abuse

Date trans 9/8 10/8 11/8 14/8 15/8 16/8
Cls pri last 6 d 1.78, 1.74, 1.80, 1.82, 1.81 , 1.76
Volume trans 5.3, 2.9, 2.1, 1.3, :2.9, 1.9
11/8 (TGIF) .... GAP UP by 8 sen early morning
amidst great expectations by both
traders n INVESTORS. However
due to bad overall market
sentiment bcos of NK-US
rhetorics the stock did not take
off as indicated by smaller vol
transacted n the cls price at 1.8
which was lower than GAP UP in
morning. More retail speculators
than investors as they were
thinking of capitalizing on the
GOOD NEWS of cap rep
To b continued.

tattvooi

142 posts

Posted by tattvooi > 2017-08-17 11:39 | Report Abuse

still got an invisible hand pressing the price...whenever the sell quantity depletes,there will be replenishment in large quantity~aiya,who will fall out from the train on this shaky journey^^

Posted by Abdul Rahim > 2017-08-17 11:55 | Report Abuse

Give up laa

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-17 12:02 | Report Abuse

I know that the recent daily performance realities are defying what the conventional consensus of FA, TA, global market, common logic or public opinion says.

It's expected some may be exclaiming "how come this and how come that?" Some with thinning patience may have also uncontrollably resorted to subdued vulgarity albeit in abbreviated lettered version.

Mr Market is at times very efficient, at times very erratic, at times defying conventional expectations. Sometimes we seem to be able to read the market well. Sometimes we read too much of the market. Sometimes we read the market wrongly. Sometimes after all said and done, we are completely hapless.

I remembered quite clearly in an InvestSmart-sponsored Seminar where Affin Hwang Investment Bank Vice-President/ Head of Retail Research Datuk Dr Nazri Khan said succinctly, "We may say many things about the market. Nevertheless, the market is nothing but about psychology - psychology of traders, investors, market, etc.

Managing one's emotional intelligence is a vital virtue in the world of investing. An appropriate EQ determines clarity and strengthens the tenacity of one's purpose. It helps one in making optimal decision under challenging circumstances or situations.

Failure to manage our psychology of emotional intelligence well will result in we making deficit decisions which impact our investing interests. The secret is to maintain and sustain the right psychology to see through our objectives of investing.

I've done the necessary due diligence which supports my unwavering investing commitments.
I'm still resolute in my investing conviction. I'm still resolute in my investing philosophy: "The integrity of one's investing tenacity during adversity of market turbulence determines one's ultimate victory."

I'm happy to have the opportunity to buy some more Alcom assets this mid-morning.

Good day, all Alcomates.

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-17 12:20 | Report Abuse

Good afternoon Jefflim1234, yuanlong57, forgot090, choolooi and all Alcomates. Many thanks to Jefflim1234 for coming out with an analysis of Alcom's trend for the past few days and his continued confidence in Alcom's ability to ride out the current storm. That's food for thought.

Great thing about this thread is that there is no bashing whenever any forumers present different opinions, analysis or views but instead other forumers will painstakingly take time to study the contrarian views, analysis & opinions and post their own take on the matter in the forum for the benefit of everyone. Kudos to Jefflim1234 and all other forumers.

I have yet to dispose of my shares in Alcom hence the analysis, views and opinions shared by Jefflim1234 and all other forumers are valuable food for thoughts before I make a calculated decision. Tq.

Yip2880

393 posts

Posted by Yip2880 > 2017-08-17 12:46 | Report Abuse

Wow, very timely comments from yuanlong57. Well said and put across. Tq for sharing with us your thoughts / views.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz