CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.01 (1.35%)

Day's Change

0.73 - 0.75

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,765 comment(s). Last comment by Mabel 11 hours ago

smtrader

10 posts

Posted by smtrader > 2020-06-11 15:27 | Report Abuse

secretinvestor8888 shame on you boo..buy buy buy

bjgdila123

3,468 posts

Posted by bjgdila123 > 2020-06-11 15:30 | Report Abuse

0.50 tp

lanikai

182 posts

Posted by lanikai > 2020-06-11 15:31 | Report Abuse

TONY is in dire situation right now. Need to fire staffs, pilots, need to sell some of AA stakes to Korean company.

If people want to buy at high price to support Tony, why not. Let them be.

Tony happy, everybody happy.

#rm399FlightPass
#cuti2Malaysia

FlyAway

218 posts

Posted by FlyAway > 2020-06-11 15:34 | Report Abuse

Time to sapu AA again~~

FlyAway

218 posts

Posted by FlyAway > 2020-06-11 15:37 | Report Abuse

secretinvestor8888 shame on you too~~~

Posted by secretinvestor8888 > 2020-06-11 15:38 | Report Abuse

shame on me... haha... can lah... shame and profits both mine can dy

Posted by secretinvestor8888 > 2020-06-11 15:38 | Report Abuse

dun cry later u lose 50% k?

Posted by secretinvestor8888 > 2020-06-11 15:39 | Report Abuse

i buy .6 sell 1 haha suckers

Belial

1 posts

Posted by Belial > 2020-06-11 15:40 | Report Abuse

might be a case of big hand flushing out the weak and contra player like what happened on 1 june 2020...

Louis7777

171 posts

Posted by Louis7777 > 2020-06-11 15:40 | Report Abuse

u guy sapu i ciao dy, airline not so fas recover in business, down trend to 0.7+- agin, ready to get stuck

smtrader

10 posts

Posted by smtrader > 2020-06-11 15:41 | Report Abuse

secretinvestor8888 no money don't buy la haha..we all want to buy more AA

Nepo

3,365 posts

Posted by Nepo > 2020-06-11 15:43 | Report Abuse

Support support support AA, dont let it down..proud of Malaysia.

Rob88

19 posts

Posted by Rob88 > 2020-06-11 15:46 | Report Abuse

For your reading pleasure on my experience during SARS

During SARS 2003-2004, I was the MD of a public listed company of which one of the subsidiary company owns a 5 star Hotel resort in Malaysia. The hotel occupancy was about 85% for many years until SARS came along it drop to about 8%.
It was a nightmare to see the drop of tourist arrival and the flight from hongkong and china totally stop.
The situation those days is not as bad as covid now. SARS pandemic effected mainly china and hongkong and the rest of the world are not effected but still tourism industry had been impacted because of the worries.Fortunately after 6-8 months Hong Kong was declared free of SARS.
At that time similar to now ( Covid), we are investing in AirAsia share. All are worried about this pandemic, how much this airline performance had been impacted. What I can say is we or even new investors are buying it at a discounted price. If you care to look at Covid infection it is very clear that “area or countries” that are closer to China had lesser infection rate per million population ie HK 53,Taiwan 19,Vietnam 3 Thailand 45 as compared to USA 6,245 , UK 4,275. East Asia had the lowest infected rate than the rest of the world and incidentally it had the highest population in the world. In the nutshell we all somehow had the immunity and Asymptomatic.
Based on the above, most sectors will recover in no time and with the impending arrival of the vaccine it will further accelerate the recovery.
Going back to sars story after 8 months the hotel occupancy climb back to 85% and mind you with increased of room rate to balance it out for the 8 months loses.
So be patience, your share will go up given a bit of time. All the best.

sampooler

659 posts

Posted by sampooler > 2020-06-11 15:47 | Report Abuse

if the whole world is going down... how much cash u can used to support. 2 cents.

Rob88

19 posts

Posted by Rob88 > 2020-06-11 15:51 | Report Abuse

Another good news to Airasia

PUTRAJAYA: The government has given the green light for public transport to operate at full capacity again although safety measures such as temperature checks and the wearing of face masks will still be enforced.

Senior Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said services such as express buses and airlines would no longer have to operate at half-capacity although passengers would be required to register themselves either manually or through the MySejahtera app for contact tracing in the event of an infection.

He also said carpooling for private cars would be allowed although limits will remain on the number of passengers allowed in a vehicle at any one time.

Likewise, e-hailing services can also take on more passengers and, as with express buses, will no longer be restricted to limited operating hours.

FlyAway

218 posts

Posted by FlyAway > 2020-06-11 15:58 | Report Abuse

Always support AA, let's fly together.. Buy buy buy

FlyAway

218 posts

Posted by FlyAway > 2020-06-11 15:59 | Report Abuse

More good news ahead.. the korean company..

Posted by Ichiran_Ramen > 2020-06-11 16:04 | Report Abuse

Now everyone can fly, already! Good timing.

Posted by giinyang520 > 2020-06-11 16:10 | Report Abuse

Secret investor, I am happy u trade smart and gain but there is no point showing how good u are by condemning how stupid other people. I feel funny whenever I see comment from you

Underhand

653 posts

Posted by Underhand > 2020-06-11 16:20 | Report Abuse

@giinyang520 you are smart investor, I like your style!

smtrader

10 posts

Posted by smtrader > 2020-06-11 16:26 | Report Abuse

@giinyang520 i like you too

Daily8

3,858 posts

Posted by Daily8 > 2020-06-11 16:38 | Report Abuse

@secretinvestor8888, Try to learn to be grateful at your age 60. U have grandchildren to look up to you.

When you have profited from the stock, don't forget, THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE IN AIRASIA.

Be considerate and human!

Daily8

3,858 posts

Posted by Daily8 > 2020-06-11 16:40 | Report Abuse

Your comment post ZERO effect to me.

NOTE: BE CONSIDERATE.

smtrader

10 posts

Posted by smtrader > 2020-06-11 16:44 | Report Abuse

haha no la like the statement lol

Canlah

642 posts

Posted by Canlah > 2020-06-11 16:51 | Report Abuse

tomorrow sure go 91cent. mark my word. open already gap down.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-11 16:53 | Report Abuse

@secretinvestor8888 i am actually curious about something one of your earlier estimates for price fall was around 0.55, i think and for Louis7777 its around 0.7 can i ask the reasons for this particular price range.

My estimate is somewhere between Low to mid 60's as an entry point.
I avoided the 50's range as that was in the category of AA getting the announcement of No Business to be done until further ordered.

Currently, cons definitely outweigh the pros. Specifically, Airasia themselves expect to only to get out of the hole by 2022.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transportation/AirAsia-to-slash-workforce-by-30-considers-10-stake-sale

Which is inline with my expectations. The company in 2019 had an operating expense of about 2+ billion per quarter. 1billion was for fuel, 400m for maintenance, 400m for other charges and about 500m for staff. At a 50% discount for staff, maintenance and other charge for around 650m in expenses .

The fuel is a bit tougher to pin down first of i assume they have contracts which they cant back out off so they have to take delivery of it. Anyway the shelf life of aviation fuel is around 3 months or so. so that is basically going to end up as a loss in their books. Anyway discount 50% for the sake of streamlining and they are still running with a 1.15b loss for the QR.

Selling 10% stake for around 300m
Govt planing on giving aid of RM 350M to 3 carriers Malaysian Airlines and Malindo =probably bulk to MAS then AA and then MAL so maybe 200:100:50
Jv Collab =?

The company is bleeding cash and all the above measures may not even offset 50% of the loss in this qr.

Plus there is the issue of resumption of flights. in the short term, there should be an abundance of customers as they are people who haven't met family and friends for 3 months but let alone the distance conditions. The fact is alot of peoples travel habits have changed over this 3 months. Im more inclined to believe car sales will go up as people would prefer to travel alone in the safety of their car than to fly domestically. So Its going to be a difficult next 2 years for them.

Anyway, my assumption for 0.6x is mostly because of the brand factor. This is a company i have a lot of fond memories of. And i am sure many feel the same. So, im mostly assuming that if its a slow gradual drop in price it should settle there with many thinking its a company that has good value investment potential.

of course if there is a spate of irrational panic sells from events such as next 3-4 QR or other Unforeseen circumstances, etc then fond memories be damned..and hello 0.55.

ashmira

330 posts

Posted by ashmira > 2020-06-11 17:12 | Report Abuse

Might be tomorrow will gap down. Might be because of US Futures. See what will happen tonight in US. Plus tomorrow is Friday.

Posted by jackkkkkkkkkk > 2020-06-11 17:32 | Report Abuse

Upon making some decent gains after 3 months. I had a heartache upon reading an article on Bloomberg and decided to vent my frustration here.

Recent turn of events will definitely improve the prospects of surviving the pandemic. This would be true for the industry as a whole.

Great brand value, resilient and smart management.

Though, the key outflows would be the hedges that would need to be covered, the lease payments and of course payrolls.

Payrolls would be within the control of AA, if any of the remaining 2 is within the control of AA, then the question of insolvency is out of the picture. Though, you can clearly sense the urgency that they have to overcome this issue and I sincerely believe that they're trying something every day.

All they had wanted was a loan from the government to weather through these tough times, not even an injection. Personally, I think it was a fair request, given that liquidity for anything travel related was literally unheard of 2 months back.

Yet, it is highly unlikely that a loan is going to be extended to them. I hope I am wrong on this.

There were many comments on this forum saying "Why bail AA with taxpayers money". I did not get this, firstly it was going to be a loan, yes risky, but it would have been backed by a deserving collateral alongside a truly Malaysian company.

Though, today Khazanah is looking to finance MAS for USD 1.2 bil. I mean seriously, the amount of profanities that are at the tip of my tongue is unfathomable. I mean this is a company where you're treated extremely differently when you fly BC and EC. Their EC would costs 2x more than AA's regular seat, yet you'd be treated with a lot more respect in AA. You'd realise the difference if you've been on both.

AA had literally proved a point within the aviation sector, yet, taxpayers money should be used in bailing, yes this is not even an injection, but rather bail an airline that has been bleeding for god knows how long.

AA on the other hand needs to resort to private capital to survive this. Way to go.

If you were within the value chain of AA, you would have realised the amount of value AA has contributed in the past 15 years to the Malaysian economy. Whereas MAS was happily enjoying both yours and my hard earned money.

Johnlee85

101 posts

Posted by Johnlee85 > 2020-06-11 17:37 | Report Abuse

I am surprised govt not handing any help to AA. was expecting some credit lines being extended

Johnlee85

101 posts

Posted by Johnlee85 > 2020-06-11 17:37 | Report Abuse

Do you all think that merger with MAS likely?

Good123

25,231 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-11 18:16 | Report Abuse

boleh start tapi jumlah penumpang tak cukup. tengok kadar kejatuhan pulak. KUALA LUMPUR (June 11): Malaysia Airports has seen a 15% increase in average daily flights since the implementation of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) and said it is expecting passenger numbers to pick up again.

In a statement, it said the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) saw average daily flights increase from 97 to 122 over the past two days, as the country’s three main airlines - Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia and Malindo Air - have resumed local flight routes with new offerings to entice Malaysians to travel locally.

Over the past two months, aircraft movements were mainly contributed by repatriation and cargo flights. There was a contraction of total passenger movements due to the MCO.

Its traffic report for May 2020 showed that the airport operator saw a 97.8% contraction in passenger traffic movement compared with the same period a year earlier.

The international sector declined by 99.3%, while the domestic sector declined by 96.4%, it said.

Overall aircraft movement for the month fell 88.5% over the previous year, as international and domestic sectors declined 92.8% and 85.5% respectively.

However, Malaysia Airports is optimistic on the air travel industry, as AirAsia’s flight schedule showed an average 22 domestic flights daily between June 10 and June 30 from Kuala Lumpur to destinations including Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu, Langkawi and Pulau Pinang, as well as four daily flights to international destinations such as Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Namu and Pekan Baru.

“This is an encouraging development for the air travel industry. We are also seeing similar patterns at other international and domestic airports nationwide where the passenger movements have increased three-fold over the last couple days since the relaxation of the restrictions,” said Malaysia Airports group chief executive officer Datuk Mohd Shukrie Mohd Salleh.

He hails the move by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture to revive domestic tourism by launching the Cuti-Cuti Malaysia recovery plan and look forward to the reopening of international borders in the future.

“We are already seeing several countries such as Singapore, China, New Zealand and Australia implementing the ‘travel bubble’ or safe travel corridor between countries and hopefully Malaysia too can see this happening soon,” said Mohd Shukrie.

Conditions are also expected to improve at its wholly-owned Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport in Turkey, which was temporarily closed for two months at the height of the pandemic.

The airport has resumed operations since June 1, with intercity travel resuming and low-cost airlines Pegasus and Anadolujet Airlines resuming domestic flights.

Malaysia Airports has implemented stringent safety measures since the start of the pandemic, amid the new operating environment, with efforts to be enhanced further in anticipation of the increase in passenger numbers at its airports.

Besides facial recognition and contactless security screening, it is also exploring additional technologies to keep the airport environment sanitised at all times in an efficient manner.

“We would like to reassure all passengers that our airports, local and abroad, promise a safe travelling experience as we continue to work collectively with all our airline and retail partners and stay guided by the Standard Operating Procedures issued by the Government and guidelines to restart operations by the International Civil Aviation Organisation, International Air Transport Association and Airport Council International,” Mohd Shukrie said.

Good123

25,231 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-11 18:20 | Report Abuse

mas is 100% govt owned. AirAsia is a private entity. no bailout by the govt . SINGAPORE/HONG KONG (June 11): Khazanah Nasional Bhd, Malaysia's sovereign wealth fund, is considering providing as much as RM5 billion to the national flag carrier to see it through the Covid-19-induced slump in bookings, according to people familiar with the matter.

Malaysia Airlines Bhd would use the fresh capital to resume some operations it has suspended, the people said. If it is approved, the cash infusion could happen in the coming weeks, said the people, asking not to be named as the information is private.

A representative for Malaysia Airlines said that it is in ongoing discussions with Khazanah, which has been supportive of its efforts to cope with the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, but that no specific amount of funds has been committed to the carrier. A Khazanah representative declined to comment.

Malaysia Airlines, which has been struggling to turn around since it was taken private by Khazanah in 2014, would join carriers around the world in receiving a lifeline from their respective shareholders and governments.

Authorities worldwide have pledged more than US$85 billion to prop up airlines after the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out travel demand and grounded fleets. Hong Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd announced a HK$39 billion rescue package on Tuesday that will leave the government with a 6.08% stake in the airline and two observers on the board. South Korea's financial authority will extend a further one trillion won in liquidity to Korean Air Lines Co, on top of the aid it received earlier this year, according to Yonhap News.

The Malaysian carrier is hoping to rebound from the near-halt in air travel brought on by Covid-19, and will undoubtedly look different when it emerges. It has named a new chairman, the president and chief executive officer of national energy company Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas), whose appointment will be effective July 1. Tan Sri Wan Zulkiflee Wan Ariffin has already turned around one national champion in Petronas, which faced a commodity price rout beginning in 2014.

Malaysia Airlines has cancelled flights, deferred non-critical spending, and cut costs since the onset of the crisis. In March, Malaysia's government explored the possibility of bailing out its domestic airlines, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg News.

Last year, Khazanah asked the flag carrier to come up with a strategic plan to help it compete and deliver better returns after it failed to meet deadlines for two profitability targets. Khazanah also hired Morgan Stanley to explore strategic options for the airline.

Posted by jackkkkkkkkkk > 2020-06-11 18:20 | Report Abuse

That merger with MAS was definitely on the tables, at least I am fairly certain that genuine steps were taken, though with AAX and not AA.

As for whether any assistance was brought forward by the Gov to AA, It would be hard for either you or me to say unless the management addresses this in the next AGM.

I mean USD 1.2 bil is a lot of money, that is basically additional money that could be used to ploughed back into the economy. Yet they've decided to yet again bail an airline which has little value to the economy.

Be it Asians or Europeans, the biggest segment of travellers within the country, everyone would recognise AA, but would have never heard of MAS.

What are we bailing them for ? Malaysian hospitality ? Or the fear that a monopoly by AA would be considered to be bad for the economy.

The MAS MH slogan is nothing but a marketing gimmick and does not hold water, and AA being such a sensitive company when it comes to marketing, any bad move would reflect extremely badly and the market would punish accordingly.

This bailout would perhaps be drained within the next 2 years, and there will come another time when further funding will be provided to fund the great MH.

Yet they would rather tip the competition in favor of an inefficient entity.

Posted by secretinvestor8888 > 2020-06-11 19:07 | Report Abuse

https://malaysiakini.com/news/529809 covid cases back to double digits... only a matter of time before second wave and airasia plumet

Posted by secretinvestor8888 > 2020-06-11 19:38 | Report Abuse

kawan-kawan im going off radar for a while ... pls just be careful with your money... huge plummet is coming!

Posted by james3713094 > 2020-06-11 19:41 | Report Abuse

Pls shut the fuck up

Posted by james3713094 > 2020-06-11 19:41 | Report Abuse

Today 1 only for local idiot

Posted by james3713094 > 2020-06-11 19:43 | Report Abuse

Pls read the news before said fuker

jibbie

762 posts

Posted by jibbie > 2020-06-11 19:59 | Report Abuse

Air asia ticket very expensive now. Think most ppl won't fly yet.

Nepo

3,365 posts

Posted by Nepo > 2020-06-11 20:05 | Report Abuse

AA ticket expensive? Buy unlimited pass only RM 399

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-11 20:15 | Report Abuse

@jackkkk i agree with your sentiments. i honestly have a lot of trust in this company but Airasia truly has a long road to travel. Airasia truly revolutionized an industry that was stagnating with their business model. Furthermore, they did far more in bringing Malaysia to the world than MAS or any airlines ever could.

That being said, i have to give full marks for the bean counters of Berkshire. Their calculation for USD 10 billion per airline to get past the disaster appears to be spot on. After all, those airlines serve a population of 300million whereas AA serves a tenth @ 30M. So from their perspective to get AA through this crisis it would need approx USD 1B or MYR4.25B.

However, its unlikely AA's woes will end with its demise. Repeating what you said
Great brand value, resilient and smart management. are the advantages to AA.

More importantly, in an industry which is always plagued by losses.AA has managed to carve out a niche for itself by being profitable. Furthermore, you can tell that the AA team is doing everything they can to cut expenses with plans to withdraw from loss making routes.

As such it is unlikely creditors would ever force it into bankruptcy at worst the next two years are going to see token to no dividends and share prices are going to be at its lowest. It could be a lucky thing for some investors as they would have an opportunity to be like the first round of investors sticking with it from its initial steps.

mf

28,392 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-11 20:20 | Report Abuse

Dow futures drop 700 points

newbie9893

2,163 posts

Posted by newbie9893 > 2020-06-11 20:26 | Report Abuse

Stocks set to plunge at the open on virus second wave concern, Dow futures down 850 points

newbie9893

2,163 posts

Posted by newbie9893 > 2020-06-11 20:26 | Report Abuse

sell & run run........

lanikai

182 posts

Posted by lanikai > 2020-06-11 20:37 | Report Abuse

Insider news: Another crash is coming

Kihkihkih.

Goodluck!

There’s a saying if you dont sell you wont loss. So just keep it for few years if you have bought at high price.

Bye.

#inTonyWeTrust
#nowEverybodyCanCrash

Rob88

19 posts

Posted by Rob88 > 2020-06-11 20:56 | Report Abuse

Just go back in time how airasia started with a 2 ringgit company,it had become billions dollars company surely AIRASIA can weathered it thru.

Posted by vincenteoh > 2020-06-11 21:02 | Report Abuse

Malaysia government announced all transportation included airline can operate with 100% passengers.

mf

28,392 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-11 21:19 | Report Abuse

Dow futures down 900 points

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-11 21:26 | Report Abuse

People takut mau naik kapalterbang kecuali tiada pilihan.

lagipun banyak bisnes tutup kedai - kurang bisnes travel

ramai rakyat hilang kerja, menganggur, mana ada duit mau melancong ke sana sini.

Kuasa beli rakyat dah menjunam dengan teruk.

Satu hakikat! berfikirlah.

Post a Comment