CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (1.35%)

Day's Change

0.715 - 0.76

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,761 comment(s). Last comment by ken2004 13 hours ago

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-10 15:48 | Report Abuse

78 cents oledi...

Meow

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-10 15:49 | Report Abuse

I think the Korean are buying

Meow Meow Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-10 15:51 | Report Abuse

good green

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-10 15:53 | Report Abuse

annyeonghaseyo hangug

malleisia-e osin geos-eul hwan-yeonghabnida

yaong yaong yaong

Hello Korea

Welcome to Malaysia

Meow Meow Meow

Squirtle

803 posts

Posted by Squirtle > 2020-07-10 15:59 | Report Abuse

Buy!

Posted by BillyMilly > 2020-07-10 16:07 | Report Abuse

Nice.. loan of over RM1bil is flying in

Squirtle

803 posts

Posted by Squirtle > 2020-07-10 16:11 | Report Abuse

Malaisia economy is reopen
this stock is can buy now
muahahaha

Posted by BillyMilly > 2020-07-10 16:14 | Report Abuse

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! That’s AirAsia.. the world No.1 low cost carrier for over 10 consecutive years.

No matter how bad this Covid thing is, ppl will move on with their lives. We r now living in the era of the world without boundary. As such, traveling is essential and part of our norms now.

Squirtle

803 posts

Posted by Squirtle > 2020-07-10 16:16 | Report Abuse

Many fren is cant wait fly now
All itchy backside
Muahahaha

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-10 16:19 | Report Abuse

green

salman

1,554 posts

Posted by salman > 2020-07-10 16:33 | Report Abuse

AA 0.78..continue buying!!

tianchoy

19 posts

Posted by tianchoy > 2020-07-10 16:34 | Report Abuse

Always trust the financial statement. Only fools believed in hearsay. I hope all the investors here are smart. Anyway it is your money.

Sky Soo

331 posts

Posted by Sky Soo > 2020-07-10 16:43 | Report Abuse

BUY Buy Buy

harry_7

467 posts

Posted by harry_7 > 2020-07-10 17:18 | Report Abuse

i lari first... :0

yongch

1,104 posts

Posted by yongch > 2020-07-10 17:44 | Report Abuse

有时候想想,散户真的容易糊弄,来自韩国大户已经吹了马币1.0,接下来黑皮已在菲,印各地区申请融资,加上本地八爪鱼已伸出橄榄枝10个亿起头,加上丁哥盖章的败家子与风筝航空连婚。。。0.66已是见底裤啦,难道还得黑皮裸跑不成???加上这2个月几个亿业绩入账,最关键黑皮肯定把这废才作账那批会计炒鱿鱼,基本上公司肯定进入正常轨道。。。月底前收到"连婚请帖"肯定就是马币1.0!!!要不然如何向他媳妇家人交待啊????赶快加入大量买进吧,这波跳水就是香港"会计风波"历史重演,TP$1.0!!!!kikiki...

greedy44444

2,494 posts

Posted by greedy44444 > 2020-07-10 18:13 | Report Abuse

Still waiting for 20 cents ? 40-50 cents not even close !! AA investors still trusting TF to turn around AA. Told you so that TF is a brilliant entrepreneur.

bahai4453

2,297 posts

Posted by bahai4453 > 2020-07-10 18:23 | Report Abuse

老实说,有风险的公司还是站边看为妙,二,三十亿肯定不是个小数目。
再看下去吧! Bursa 还有很多好股,这一年半之内,东尼肯定是没什么股息可以分了。
要是被套了,资金的流动性就没了。
还有的问题是目前要飞的人可能只有少数的人而已。

budakbaik

211 posts

Posted by budakbaik > 2020-07-10 19:58 | Report Abuse

everybody must know what happen to the AA audit. If happen to MAS, all coming and shoot like hell. kantoi audit mean NO integrity in AA. they are not professional at all... future is dark. dont know when can fly... good luck to the gambler..

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2020-07-10 21:04 | Report Abuse

Yea... Im still waiting 0.20

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-10 22:25 | Report Abuse

closed green

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-10 23:01 | Report Abuse

Indeed.. and I just touched down from flying my favourite vacation airlines from the East Coast Beach.

Just like my forward flight, the return flight is also full of people. Most seats were taken..

Who said, people are scared to fly?

Now Everyone can fly

Meow Meow Meow

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-10 23:44 | Report Abuse

Business
AirAsia to emerge stronger from COVID-19 pandemic: Tony Fernandes
AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes told AFP the top budget carrier would emerge 'stronger' from
AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes told AFP the top budget carrier would emerge 'stronger' from the coronavirus pandemic despite a warning about its future AFP/Mohd RASFAN
09 Jul 2020 10:47PM (Updated: 09 Jul 2020 10:53PM)

Bookmark

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes said on Thursday (Jul 9) the budget carrier would emerge "stronger" from the coronavirus pandemic despite a warning about its future, and said the airline was hopeful of raising a sizeable cash injection.

In an interview with AFP, the colourful chief executive said he never imagined the industry could face such a crisis, which has triggered massive layoffs worldwide and led to some carriers collapsing.

"I never believed the aviation industry could be hit this hard. But ... we are still flying," he said from his office in downtown Kuala Lumpur.

"This will not go on forever. We will come out stronger."

READ: Putrajaya tells airlines to set reasonable fares as the economy recovers from COVID-19
AirAsia pioneered low-cost travel across Asia in the early 2000s, feeding insatiable demand for cheap flights from a rapidly-emerging middle class, and became one of the region's top budget carriers.

But the Malaysian carrier reported dismal first-quarter results this week after grounding almost its entire fleet due to the virus, prompting auditor Ernst & Young to warn of "significant doubts" about its future.

It also noted the airline's liabilities currently exceeded its assets by RM1.84 billion (US$430 million).

Fernandes said the airline could not "run away" from the assessment but added: "We had four months of no revenue, that does not mean liabilities will exceed assets for the rest of our lives."

AirAsia was taking steps to minimise costs, including cutting about 7.5 per cent of 23,000 staff across its businesses, he said, but added he hoped there would not be any further job losses.

READ: Malaysia's AirAsia founders not taking salary; staff members accept up to 75% pay cut
"FLYING WON'T DISAPPEAR"

Fernandes said the airline was in talks with international and local lenders to raise funds to weather the crisis, adding he was hoping to raise "more than RM1 billion" (US$230 million) - and possibly up to double that within six months.

Business has rebounded strongly since flights resumed in late April, and Fernandes said he was confident conditions would improve, particularly in AirAsia's key markets.

"We are flying domestically, we know that international flights are not far away," he said.

"AirAsia is in a good market because COVID has been pretty well controlled in (Southeast Asia) and North Asia."

READ: Airlines hit wall of debt after COVID-19 grounding
He said the impact on budget carriers would not be as severe because people were more likely to fly short-haul.

Long-haul travel would "take a while" to recover, he added.

He also played down speculation AirAsia might merge with crisis-wracked Malaysia Airlines, the country's flag carrier, saying the airlines served different markets.

"A country needs a full service airline and a country needs a budget airline," said Fernandes, who has carved an image for himself as Asia's answer to Richard Branson.

But Fernandes, who is also the co-owner of London football club Queens Park Rangers, added the carriers could collaborate in areas such as engineering.

READ: Commentary - To help us travel safer with COVID-19, airports need new checkpoint technology
Malaysia Airlines has struggled to recover from two crises in 2014 - the disappearance of flight MH370, and the shooting down of flight MH17 over Ukraine - and the government has been seeking a strategic partner for the carrier.

The auditor's warning sent AirAsia's share price tumbling almost 18 per cent Wednesday, although it rebounded 6 per cent to RM0.75 on Thursday.

READ: Face masks, health checks and long check-ins: The future of flying
And Fernandes insisted he was "confident" about the future.

"We've got to laugh, we've got to be positive," he said. "Flying is not going to disappear."

BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments
Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram

Source: AFP

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-10 23:58 | Report Abuse

Commenting on capital management, internally said Fernandes, the group has embarked on headcount rationalisation for leaner operations, given the current demand for air travel and expectations on recovery, with internal cost-cutting efforts to include a group-wide temporary salary reduction of between 15 per cent and 75 per cent.

“We have received deferrals from our supportive lessors and are now working on further extensions. We have also restructured 70 per cent of our fuel hedging contracts and are continuously negotiating with our supportive counterparties for the remaining exposure.”

“All in all, we expect at least 50 per cent reduction in our cash expenses in 2020,” he said.

While the first half of the year has been extremely challenging, Fernandes said countries around the world have resumed domestic travel in recent weeks and are gradually reopening international borders.

In this regard he said, the formation and discussion of “travel bubbles” and “green lanes” with key economic partners with a low infection rate and proven pandemic curbing systems, is a step in the right direction.

AirAsia has also resumed its domestic operations in markets such as Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India and the Philippines on a staggered yet steady basis since late May.

“On July 7, we registered our highest post-hibernation sale with 75,000 seats sold in a single day, reflecting pent-up demand and signalling green shoots of recovery. We also sold over 200,000 AirAsia Unlimited Passes since its recent launch for domestic Malaysia, domestic Thailand and AirAsia X.

“Positive trends in our flight bookings and load factors are additional signals of a better second half of the year,” he said.

FILE PHOTO: AirAsia planes sit on the tarmac at Kuala Lumpur International Airport
AirAsia planes sit on the tarmac at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia Aug 28, 2016. (Photo: Reuters/Edgar Su/File Photo)
In June, the group-wide load factor was 60 per cent with AirAsia Malaysia’s load factor reaching 65 per cent, and it expects the load factor to reach 70 per cent for July.

On the outlook, Fernandes remained confident in the growth potential of the ASEAN region, in line with ASEAN-5’s gross domestic product growth forecast of 6.2 per cent in 2021, which is one of the highest growth rates in the world.

“We are confident that AirAsia will not only benefit from this growth upturn but also contribute to the region’s recovery given the significant role that air connectivity plays in ASEAN’s trade and investment landscape,” he added.

bahai4453

2,297 posts

Posted by bahai4453 > 2020-07-11 01:00 | Report Abuse

For those bought in below 70 sens sell and above 0.80 just hold. If there is no more 2nd wave of pandemic strikes Asian countries, AA will never goes into PN17. Have some confidence on Tony and the gangs. All in the hands of God !

Posted by stocksyndicate > 2020-07-11 09:24 | Report Abuse

prepare more money to subscribe for the coming right issues

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > 2020-07-11 10:33 | Report Abuse

buy in tp50

mushi4407

25 posts

Posted by mushi4407 > 2020-07-11 10:42 | Report Abuse

strongly support AA

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 11:21 | Report Abuse

The Icon offshores Battleship Right Issues is oversubscribed by 20%. That's 400 million right oversubscribed. During the exercise many Naysayer said this Battleship will doomed. The so call Real Sifu rr88 were attacking the shareholders saying the Battleship will perish. He is totally wrong!

AA Supporters, I'm sharing some of the conversation in the ICON Right Issues to set some expectation. We can expect many Naysayers will be coming out soon once the RI is announced. There are many more nasty comments but I will share only 3 which is very very mild..

(Quote)

Posted by Trouble Huat > Feb 21, 2020 9:29 PM | Report Abuse

rr88 say he is somebody. but always delete comment whichever counter he lose. to cover your lose comment? haha

OTB
7576 posts
Posted by OTB > Feb 21, 2020 10:16 PM | Report Abuse

Liar is always a liar.
I cut loss at 0.97 and I bought back Dayang at 0.89 2 days later.
The records are there in Dayang forum.

I bought Dayang at 0.58 only.
I sold all around 1.57.
My profit in Dayang, you need to earn your whole life.

Mabel
8413 posts
Posted by Mabel > Feb 21, 2020 10:24 PM | Report Abuse X

@rr88 Your mistake is that i am not poor. You right size your trades n you get out b4 the music stops. If i am poor i will not dance with lions.
21/02/2020 10:13 PM

@rr88 Not everyday rain. Just booked 9.5 cents sunny day profit in slvest.
19/02/2020 3:02 PM

Greatec last week make an all-time high at RM 3.49. If you listen to me and not talked down on everyone in that counter, you could have made a decent RM 2.81 per share..

Instead this so call great trader chicken out and sell at 0.80 sen..

Yesterday, he came storming inside this ship and proudly announced to everyone that he just bought myeg at 1.27. Later not long after that come here again and proudly announced that he already sold your myeg at 1.28. Even one sen also he cannot hold ...still want to claim smart trader?

Hello myeg today closed at 1.30 and I bought it at 1.23...

Meow...

(Unquote)

For your information, ICON shares been hammered by the downfall of O&G industry from 2014 until 2018. All O&G players were hit. Most small players are already gone. This company has more than 20 vessels serving Petronas. The current vessel is not enough and they need to outsource from outside due to shortage in supply. After the Right Issues, the company came stronger reporting 2 consecutive profits and are currently buying in pursuit to buy Perisai's jack-up rig business to support its Growth Plan

Right issue is the best way forward. 3 of my Battleships (Sapnrg, Velesto and Icon) has done it. Now all 3 are back to Profitability.

In a pandemic situation like this when banks are cautious and do not have the appetite to lend money, equity fundraising is the best instrument for companies to recapitalise or reduce their debt level to save on financing rates. Equity fundraising, such as rights issues, also signal the major shareholders’ commitment to, and confidence in, the company as they are the ones who would be forking out a huge amount to finance the undertaking

For me, if a substantial shareholder commits to a rights issue or something similar, minority shareholders should follow suit, especially if the substantial shareholder is committed to subscribing for more than what is required — it is a sign of the confidence level of an existing substantial shareholder.

Meow...

DickyMe

14,663 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-07-11 11:55 |

Post removed.Why?

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 12:05 | Report Abuse

Sure Dicky...

My holding cost is less than current 78 sen after nice collection when it dips below 70 sen this week I'm planning to hold my AA at least one year since I have no margin call to meet, exactly like what I did with ICON. This year is my year of Investment into AA and I have no issues holding AA shares as it has been giving me substantial dividends in the past.

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 12:08 | Report Abuse

I3 Average Price Target: 0.89
Price Target Upside/Downside: +0.11

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 12:11 | Report Abuse

FYI, I have also invested in 3 PN17 O&G Battleships as I believe the best way to learn about a company is to put your stakes in it.

My motivation is to be part of their journey for a turnaround stories. TH Heavy has now registered 7 Consecutive Profits, Scomies has also registered 3 Consecutive Profits (excluding bail out parent Scomi). Barakah has now registered it's 2nd profits. All these counters has registered double digit growth.

I have now consolidate all these 3 Financial Stress PN17 Battleships under Vangelis Scomies (TH Heavy, Barakah and Scomies). Thanks to Bursa, their Regulation Plans are now extended to another 24 months to Convid 19 Crisis. This is Good news as it gives these companies time to find solution.

All these Tier 4 O&G Battleship are giving me positive margin in my Energy P&L. These 3 PN17 Battleships taught me some wonderful lessons. It taught me about perseverance and mitigation of risk in the art of investing.

None of Tier 3, Tier 2 and Tier 1 Battleships are subsidising any of these 3 PN17 Tier 4 Battleships.

Now this Armada Fleets of 18 Fossil Fuel Battleships will be supported with Jet Squadrons from AirAsia and AirAsia X. It will be formidable fighting machine to fight this War on Terror.

Meow Meow Meow

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 12:27 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR -- AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes on Thursday said the low-cost airline can bounce back to profitability next year, but that it will look to raise 2 billion ringgit ($469 million) in the next six months to be in a "very comfortable" position.

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 12:29 | Report Abuse

Enough said...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-11 13:58 | Report Abuse

zam zam...alkazam

pang72

49,829 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2020-07-11 14:33 | Report Abuse

AirAsia triggers criteria, but will not be classified as PN17 company for next 12 months

WHAT IS THIS CRITERIA FOR PN17?
PN17 CRITERIA IS CHOOSING COMPANY.?

IF THE NEXT COMPANY MEETING PN17 CRITERIA, WHO HAS THE FINAL SAY?

GO TO COURT TO JUDGE OR?

COMPETELY USELESS PN17 CRITERIA

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 15:27 | Report Abuse

Financial scandals are pandemic too | https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/700823

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 15:39 | Report Abuse

SINGAPORE (BLOOMBERG, AFP) - Airlines added more seats back to their flight schedules this week, led by China and even increases in Hong Kong, suggesting the industry is starting to recover from the devastating impact of the coronavirus pandemic, according to OAG Aviation Worldwide.

Airlines globally added a net 600,000 seats to reach a total of almost 30 million, up about 2 per cent from the previous week, OAG senior analyst John Grant wrote in a report. That's still a long way off the weekly capacity of about 110 million seats this time last year, but it is an encouraging sign nonetheless.

North-east Asia is a bright spot. China added one million seats to schedules this week, including 800,000 on domestic routes, and is now operating twice as many seats as the US. Meanwhile, Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific Airways added 40,000 seats and increased frequency by some 120 flights, Grant said.

"China's domestic capacity stands at 75 per cent of January's level, the United States at 27 per cent and Russia at 49 per cent of pre Covid-19 levels," he said. "For anyone interested the UK level is now some 4 per cent!"

Some markets are still on a downtrend as travel restrictions are kept in place to contain the coronavirus, which has infected more than four million people and killed nearly 290,000.

Seat capacity on South Asian airlines dropped 14 per cent this week and is 72 per cent lower than in January, but it could bounce back as India considers restarting flights following a nationwide lockdown, Grant said.

Separately, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair on Tuesday announced it will restore 40 per cent of flights from July 1, after running a skeleton service since mid-March as the coronavirus pandemic grounded planes worldwide.

Covid-19: Don't miss the latest on the outbreak and its impact
Stay in the know with e-mail alerts

Enter your e-mail
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.

"Ryanair will operate a daily flight schedule of almost 1,000 flights, restoring 90 per cent of its pre-Covid-19 route network," it said in a statement.

Crew and passengers will wear face masks and have to pass temperature checks, it added.

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 15:52 | Report Abuse

MORNING BRIEF
What to watch today: Dow futures turn positive after positive data on a potential Covid-19 treatment
PUBLISHED FRI, JUL 10 2020 9:12 AM EDT
Matthew J. Belvedere
@MATT_BELVEDERE
Peter Schacknow
@PETERSCHACK
BY THE NUMBERS
Dow futures turned positive after Gilead Sciences said its antiviral remdesivir was "associated with an improvement in clinical recovery and a 62% reduction in the risk of mortality" in Covid-19 patients. Shares of Gilead were higher in the premarket. (CNBC)

Wall Street was lower earlier, one day after the U.S. saw a record-high 63,200 new daily Covid-19 cases. The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Thursday fell 360 points, or 1.4%, on renewed concerns about slowing business reopenings — and in some cases reclosures — in hot-spot states. However, the Nasdaq rose 0.5%, closing at another record as investors continued to buy what they perceive as coronavirus-proof tech stocks. (CNBC)

liyita

68 posts

Posted by liyita > 2020-07-11 15:55 | Report Abuse

相信Tony,相信AA

liyita

68 posts

Posted by liyita > 2020-07-11 15:55 | Report Abuse

Trust Tony, trust AA

Aaron_tan

2,337 posts

Posted by Aaron_tan > 2020-07-11 17:10 | Report Abuse

Guys. Sell AA swap to top gloves. Tp 30

tkl88

8,712 posts

Posted by tkl88 > 2020-07-11 17:16 | Report Abuse

Buy more to subscribe the right issue @0.50 !

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 17:34 | Report Abuse

AirAsia needs to issue new shares to survive
By Ayisy Yusof - July 11, 2020 @ 11:02am
Analyst believe there may be several strategic shareholders waiting for AirAsia Group Bhd, in addition to South Korea’s conglomerate SK Corp, for the potential private placement. Photographer: Samsul Said/Bloomberg
Analyst believe there may be several strategic shareholders waiting for AirAsia Group Bhd, in addition to South Korea’s conglomerate SK Corp, for the potential private placement. Photographer: Samsul Said/Bloomberg
KUALA LUMPUR: A cash call is necessary for AirAsia Group Bhd to remain afloat as banks are unlikely to keep lending without its shareholders supporting any capital-raising exercise, analysts said.

Still, AirAsia might not raise up to RM1.4 billion capital from a rights issue all at once, according to analysts who attended AirAsia's briefing on the group's plans to address its cash flow requirements in near to medium term on Thursday.

The AirAsia group, they estimated, needed a total of RM3 billion capital to remain afloat.

Public Investment Bank Bhd (PublicInvest) analyst Nur Farah Syifaa' Mohamad Fu'ad said AirAsia would continue to operate in the current challenging period.

This is through its efforts mainly from ongoing discussions on capital raising (be it debt or equity) to ensure sufficient liquidity for the year, cash savings measures and resumption of its domestic travel from late May.

"Any proposal for a rights issue will require an extraordinary general meeting to gain shareholders' approval. Nevertheless, we understand that a rights issue may not be the favoured option at this juncture," said Nur Farah Syifaa'.

She said assuming entitlement basis of two rights shares for every three AirAsia's shares held at an illustrative issue price of 63 sen per rights share (based on RM1.4 billion proceeds), the rights issue might entail an issuance of up to 2.2 billion new shares.

As such, the group's net asset is estimated to be diluted from 89 sen to 53 sen per share, while its target price would fall to 47 sen post rights issuance, she said, noting that PublicInvest retained its "neutral" call on AirAsia with unchanged target price of 78 sen.

CSG CIMB analyst Raymond Yap said there may be several strategic shareholders waiting, in addition to South Korea's conglomerate SK Corp, for the potential private placement.

The private placement would likely be made after RM1 billion of (government and bank) loans were secured, Yap added.

"This is to ensure the best-possible valuation. A rights issue is possible, however, it is not on the table right now," he said in a report today.

Yap said a potential equity issue of up to RM1.4 billion was likely not be issued all at once,

He noted that an illustrative 50 sen will result in the issue of 2.8 billion new shares, thus increasing AirAsia's share base by 84 per cent to 6.1 billion shares and diluting existing shareholders' stakes.

"Taking AirAsia's assurances at face value, we are reasonably confident that the carrier will survive Covid-19, as the new RM1 billion loan to its local operation (AirAsia Malaysia), possible new loans to Indonesia AirAsia and the Philippines AirAsia, and potential RM1.4 billion new equity issue by AirAsia Group, will bring the total capital raising close to the RM3 billion, we estimate, needed to keep afloat," he said.

If Danajamin Nasional Bhd was willing to guarantee 80 per cent of a new RM1 billion loan to AirAsia Malaysia, Yap expects the carrier might be able to secure the loan at reasonable terms.

"This is because AirAsia Malaysia does not have many assets left to collateralise, having already sold almost all its planes to aircraft lessors."

Yap also said supplier financing would also play a role in AirAsia's survival.

He believes that AirAsia group would succeed in its efforts to extend the deferral of aircraft lease payments beyond the initial three-month period.

Lessors had limited options for aircraft redeployment and would have little choice but to work with their existing customers, he said.

"If any of the associate airlines cease operations, their aircraft will be returned directly to lessor with no recourse to AirAsia Group for unpaid lease rentals or for the remaining duration of the leases, as all airlines in the group sign for leases in their own names."

Yap said the LCC was also negotiating with banks for a further restructuring of its fuel hedging losses, while continuing to restructure its organisation to reduce operational expenditure.

CGS CIMB kept its target price for AirAsia at 58 sen per share as it believes the airline would continue to make loss next year, before turning profitable in 2022.

AirAsia's share closed at 78 sen today, up three cent with 83.95 million shares changing hands for a market capitalisation of RM2.62 billion.

Posted by ctquay600305 > 2020-07-11 17:55 | Report Abuse

coming 0.50 soon

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 18:11 | Report Abuse

BY DAVE BRETT

5 Reasons why Airasia are the best budget airline in the world.
Budget airlines often come along with no frills, for the low price you pay, all you expect is to get from A to B as safely as possible. After my experience of flying with budget airlines around Europe and North America and Oceania I was shocked when I first discovered Airaisa on my backpacking trip around South East Asia.

Here are my 5 reasons why I think Airasia is the best budget airline in the world:

1. Check in using a smart phone app

image1
(They have an app for that!)

Mediavine
All airlines should do This specially Ryanair who charge €50–70 if you forget to print your boarding pass before you go to the airport (bloody cheeky!). Who owns a printer these days? Everyone has smart phones and you only need a barcode to scan anyway. Airasia are awesome for having a smart phone checking in system allowing us all the travel much smarter.

2. Top customer service With a smile

Mediavine
IMG_7817
(Service with a smile)

I’ve flown with budget airlines in the past and always the service seems to be grumpy. I understand why, normally the cabin crew have to work multiple shifts and work quickly to turn around flight times. But with Airasia I’ve found the total opposite, every time I enter the aircraft I’m greeted with genuine smiles by cabin cabin crew that seem to enjoy their high flying job. Good for them for finding something they enjoy working for and I feel that represents the Airasia brand well, young, fresh, trendy and a lot of fun.

Mediavine
3. Affordable in flight food

IMG_7851
(Yummy inflight food, Affordable compared to the airport if booked in advance)

Mediavine
Airport food is expensive and budget airlines normally charge a small fortune for the privilege of eating up in the air. However Airasia offer an advance food ordering service which normally works out a lot Cheaper than eating at the airport, plus the dishes are Normally local and fun to try for a low price.

4. Modern aircrafts

IMG_7844

Mediavine
They are a rather young fleet and you can tell by the high standards of their aircrafts. The seats are comfortable, modern cabins and makes for a pleasant flight, super.

5. Fun social media promotions

IMG_7853
(They sent me a Tweet, how on the ball are they!)

Ever since day one, AirAsia has always been on the ball with fantastic promotional prices and using social media to tell the masses. They understand that social media is cost effective and use it to their advantage, it makes it easier to locate promotions, fantastic! Also, I’ve found Airasia to use Twitter rather effectively to help with customer inquiries which is both direct and quick.

6. Bonus: Airasia x

IMG_7819
(With Airasia X you can fly to some pretty awesome destinations!)

Airasia x makes me excited thinking of all the destinations that they fly to on the cheap. Nepal, Sri Lanka and, South Korea, Australia, Japan and maybe soon they might re-open there London route! Isn’t it great that all these destinations can be visited on the cheap with a budget airline? The possibilities are endless. Sure, you have to cut some corners or pay for extras like in flight food or extra baggage, but for a backpacker on a budget it opens up possibilities.

Thank you for reading my blog post and I hope you enjoy flying with Airasia in the close future too. Do you a favorite budget airline? Share your thoughts in the comment section below:

— Dave Brett

Travelling the world, one adventure at a time. Follow the UK's leading solo adventure travel blogger, Dave Brett on his travels around the world. An Adventure travel blog that features travel tips and advice, inspirational stories, travel videos and travel photography that will help you inspire and plan your next trip abroad.

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 18:33 | Report Abuse

AIRASIA TRAVEL ADVISORY: Cabin Baggage Allowance Update
Photo 1.png
SEPANG, 7th JULY 2020 - As demand for air travel picks up, AirAsia wishes to provide an update on its cabin baggage allowance effective 7 July 2020, where guests are allowed two (2) pieces of cabin baggage not exceeding a total of 7kg in weight.

Guests will be able to carry one (1) cabin bag not exceeding the dimensions of 56cm (H) x 36cm (W) x 23cm (D) or maximum linear of 115cm and must fit in the overhead storage compartment in the aircraft cabin, AND one (1) laptop bag or one (1) small bag not exceeding the dimensions of 40cm (H) x 30cm (W) x 10cm (D) or maximum linear of 80cm and must fit under the seat in front of you.

For more information about the latest updated cabin baggage allowance, please visit here.

Guests who wish to travel with more than the permitted cabin baggage limit are recommended to pre-book your checked baggage allowance prior to the flight. Baggage purchase or upgrade can be done on airasia.com or the AirAsia mobile app up to 4 hours to departure time.

At AirAsia, the health and wellbeing of our passengers remain our paramount concern. Guests are advised to arrive early at the airport - preferably 3 hours before departure to allow for enough time for all the necessary processes to take place.

Besides complying with the advice and regulations from government and health authorities, AirAsia has also implemented end-to-end contactless procedures and a series of new safety measures, as well as taking care of those most at risk to ensure the safety of all travelling guests. Please visit this link to learn more about everything AirAsia is doing to keep flying safe for everyone.

For the latest AirAsia news, activities and promotions, follow AirAsia on Twitter (twitter.com/AirAsia), Facebook (facebook.com/AirAsia) and Instagram (instagram.com/AirAsia).

Post a Comment