CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (1.35%)

Day's Change

0.715 - 0.76

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,761 comment(s). Last comment by ken2004 13 hours ago

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 19:03 | Report Abuse

"We’re trying to adapt ourselves to becoming the genius of the digital age."

Mr Franke said another advantage low-cost carriers have over legacy airlines as the world recovers is that they are better placed to raise prices if COVID-19 safety-related costs such as keeping middle seats vacant are needed to make customers willing to resume travel.

"Low-cost airlines will be raising fares off a cost base 30 per cent lower than legacy airlines," he said.

"Net-net I think the [low-cost] model performs better than other models as we recover from COVID-19."

The Virgin bidders will want to attack its cost base.
RELATED
Where Virgin's costs can be cut
On the outlook for the aviation industry more generally, Mr Franke said the primary focus for all airlines at the moment is managing their cash burn and warned that some won't survive without government support.

"Until there is either a treatment and a vaccine ... we're all going to be dealing with waves of events here, and that in turn leads to a question about when revenue will revive to a standard that permits break-even cash flow."

Much of that will depend on making sure passengers feel safe to fly.

"Airports and airlines need to convince the traveller, through a series of actions - this is before any vaccine is available - that the passenger is safe getting on the airplane."

Mr Franke also took aim at airlines and aircraft makers for doing "an imperfect job" of explaining air filtration systems.

"Airlines need to have those seats filled to get more money coming in the door than going out the door.

"If we can convince [passengers that] the air in the aircraft is safer than in a restaurant or their office, which by the way it is, that would be a major step."

Jacob Greber writes about American politics, economics and business from our Washington bureau. He was previously our economics correspondent based in Canberra. Connect with Jacob on Twitter. Email Jacob at jgreber@afr.com

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 19:14 | Report Abuse

Strategy
AirAsia chief Fernandes sees ‘robust’ rebound in demand
By Cirium19 June 2020
Save article
AirAsia chief executive Tony Fernandes has highlighted “encouraging” forward bookings and sales as the low-cost carrier seeks to recover from the impact of the coronavirus crisis.

“There was a point where you couldn’t see where the light was going to come from,” Fernandes acknowledged during an 18 June webinar organised by Credit Suisse – but now, “robust demand is coming back.”

The carrier hopes to operate roughly 50% of pre-Covid-19 capacity by the beginning of July. Fernandes believes passenger demand could return to 2019 levels by the end of 2021, although he stresses that this is a “guesstimate.”

Despite this confidence, the budget carrier is securing three different tranches of liquidity to shore up its position. “As a defensive we’re raising as much capital as we can,” says Fernandes.

The main question in the short term is how quickly governments in the region are willing to open their borders given the risk of spreading infection. Over a slightly longer timeframe, AirAsia believes its position as the lowest-cost provider in the region should allow it to benefit from the post-pandemic economic landscape, as customers seek out the cheapest options.

Benefits will also, the airline expects, arise from having passengers who tend to be younger than those of legacy carriers, and therefore less likely to be concerned about infection, and from a lower proportion of business travellers.

“I think we are in the better part of that market… It’s a more resilient market,” notes Fernandes. “Being a low-cost carrier in this position is slightly easier than [the] full-service model.”

Comparing AirAsia with its low-cost brethren in Europe, Fernandes notes it is not competing against state-backed carriers that have secured state support. “So what we are seeing is fares hardening from government-owned airlines because they have to make money,” he says. As a result, AirAsia has not yet been forced to slash its prices.

Covid-19 has also changed the equation when it comes to AirAsia’s fleet. The airline is a long-time Airbus customer, but the coronavirus means it is unlikely to take delivery of new aircraft for “a long, long time”, Fernandes believes.

“There’ll be a lot of planes parked in the desert” that could offer better returns than new equipment, he says. “Fifteen percent fuel savings [on a new aircraft], I don’t think the capital costs would justify that.”

Lower demand could also herald a shift away from Airbus A321s to smaller versions of the aircraft family. “The A321 is a fantastic plane, it gives us that extra 50 seats, but we’ll be fine with A320s with 180 seats for the moment.” Because of its size, the A321 was a better fit for slot-constrained airports, he highlights, but given the pandemic’s impact on demand, “I think that’s all changed now”.

Topics
AirlinesAsia PacificStrategy

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 19:26 | Report Abuse

Airasia (5099).
Business Summary
AirAsia Group Berhad is a Malaysia-based investment holding company, which manages AirAsia Group operating in the airline industry. The Group is principally engaged in the operation of AirAsia, a low-cost airline with major business in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and Japan, among others. The Company's subsidiaries include AirAsia Investment Ltd and Koolred Sdn Bhd, investment holding companies; AirAsia Go Holiday Sdn Bhd, a tour operating company; AirAsia (Mauritius) Limited and Asia Aviation Capital Limited, aircraft leasing companies; Ground Team Red Sdn Bhd, a special purpose vehicle for financing arrangements required by the Group; TPaay Asia Sdn Bhd, a provider of financial and other related services; Rokki Sdn Bhd, a multimedia content and equipment trading company, and T & Co Coffee Sdn Bhd, a coffee and tea product trading company.
Managers
Name Age Since Title
Tharumalingam Kanagalingam 54 2020 Chief Executive Officer
Adrian Jenkins 50 2017 Chief Operating Officer
Pattra Boosarawongse 49 2014 Group Chief Financial Officer
Kin Choy Lau - 2009 Group Head-Information & Communication Technology
Nadzri Hashim 54 2016 Head-Engineering
Abdul Aziz bin Abu Bakar 65 2013 Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
Mohamed Khadar bin Merican 62 2007 Independent Non-Executive Director
Lee Ee Fam 58 2014 Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
Stuart L. Dean 66 2016 Independent Non-Executive Director
Noor Neelofa binti Mohd Noor 30 2017 Independent Non-Executive Director
Equities
Vote Quantity Free-Float Company-owned shares Total Float
Stock A 1 3,341,974,000 1,851,929,120 55.4% 0 0.0% 55.4%
Shareholders
Name Equities %
Tune Live Sdn. Bhd. 559,000,000 16.7%
Tune Air Sdn Bhd 516,485,082 15.5%
Permodalan Nasional Bhd. 250,183,400 7.49%
Employees Provident Fund 159,496,980 4.77%
AIA Bhd. 71,649,700 2.14%
The Vanguard Group, Inc. 59,000,978 1.77%
Dimensional Fund Advisors LP 56,615,329 1.69%
Gilder, Gagnon, Howe & Co. LLC 49,838,800 1.49%
W97n Emerging Markets Opportunities Portfolio 39,673,153 1.19%
Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management) 35,431,875 1.06%
Holdings
Name Equities % Valuation
PT AirAsia Indonesia Tbk (CMPP) 5,262,638,300 49.3% 69,466,826 USD
Fly Leasing Limited 3,333,333 11.9% 27,599,997 USD
AirAsia X (AAX) 570,728,502 13.8% 12,470,418 USD
Tune Protect Group (TUNEPRO) 102,609,000 13.6% 7,317,048 USD
Company contact information

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 21:47 | Report Abuse

Getting back to normal | https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/700809

DChosen2

456 posts

Posted by DChosen2 > 2020-07-11 22:12 | Report Abuse

The fact Tony came out and do public talking raise suspicious.

Posted by infinity888 > 2020-07-11 22:17 | Report Abuse

Tony is like donald trump .. only talk big

newbie5354_

1,268 posts

Posted by newbie5354_ > 2020-07-11 22:44 | Report Abuse

0.66-0.78 cheap? Why Tony not buying if 2021 AA profitable?

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 22:45 |

Post removed.Why?

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-11 23:06 | Report Abuse

Mabel Unfortunately, I have to disagree....

The fact that he is coming out and go public show he got guts and not trying to hide under someone skirts...

True leaders are just like an F1 Drivers. They seat in the Driver Seats..

Yup...he n partner didn't sell a single shares...still top two shareholders...plus local institutions n foreign funds still holding. Only public outstanding shares, outsiders are buying n selling...so it depends on each traders, investors appetites of risks n rewards...◉‿◉

koowakzai

251 posts

Posted by koowakzai > 2020-07-11 23:09 | Report Abuse

Next qr will eat into their nta. Further reducing the nta. Cash call soon. Wait till 0.50 only enter. The worst is yet to come.

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:11 | Report Abuse

Touche geary...I agree with you.

Always have this in mind, It's not due to lack of competence or inefficiency from AAGB. Current shortcoming is due to act of God. AAGB generated 1Q20 core net loss of MYR531.7m as opposed to 1Q19 core net profit of MYR104.5m largely caused by 22% fewer passengers carried YoY due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 1Q20 core net loss of MYR531.7m was more than double QoQ largely caused by 25% fewer passengers carried QoQ due to the COVID-19 pandemic and unit passenger revenue easing 4% QoQ

When all the Jet Fighters are grounded how can AAGB fight? Now all the Jet Fighters are up on the air and I can attest to it when I took this Airlines for my recent 12 Days Vacation up north by the East Coast Beaches. Both onwards and return flights are fully loaded as Now Everyone Can Fly

Absolutely geary, there is no right or wrong answer. Everyone just have to decide what is best for you based on your respective appetite.

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:16 | Report Abuse

@koowakzai Next qr will eat into their nta. Further reducing the nta. Cash call soon. Wait till 0.50 only enter. The worst is yet to come.
11/07/2020 11:09 PM

Sure..unless if they implement Right Issues. Please scroll up what I have shared earlier.

Fares is actually rising and flights resumed in most countries. AAGB is actively managing costs. As at 31 Mar 2020, it has a MYR1.6b cash balance. Through a combination of debt and equity financing, it expects to ‘outlive’ the COVID-19 pandemic. Positively, it also stated that average fares have been rising (1Q20: +8% YoY) as the COVID-19 pandemic has caused airlines to cut capacity and competition. As of today, AAGB has resumed flights in five of the six countries it operates in. Japan will resume flights in Aug 2020.

In 2Q20, 60% of fixed costs have been reduced. For FY20, AAGB hopes to halve cash expenses YoY. Here are some of action which is under progress

1. AAGB targets to reduce CASK from 3.80 US cents in FY19 to 3.60-3.70 US cents by FY21.
2. As at 6 Jul 2020, 70% of its Brent fuel hedging contracts have been restructured. The FY20 average Brent hedge price is USD61.41/bbl.
3. AAGB expects to record more losses on settlement of fuel hedges in 2Q20 but does not expect to record as much in 3Q20 and 4Q20.
4 Other measure to preserve liquidity in FY20 are to:-
a) Defer operating lease and maintenance payments - AAGB may return 38 aircraft in the next 3 years. It is also exploring lease rates based on utilisation rather than a fixed lease rate per month or year.
b) Get customers to accept credit shells instead of cash refunds – 80% of customers have opted for credit shells.
c) Delay taking delivery of new aircraft – In fact, AAGB is cajoling Airbus to refund some of its aircraft purchase deposits.
d) Rollover working capital loans
e) Review pilots’ allowances
f) Institute pay cuts across the board including that of directors
g) Seek debt, equity and hybrid financing
f) Encourage associates to seek their own financing
g) Get fuel vendors to refund prepayments
h) Renegotiate IT and maintenance contracts

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:32 | Report Abuse

@newbie5354_ 0.66-0.78 cheap? Why Tony not buying if 2021 AA profitable?
11/07/2020 10:44 PM

Yes, I was hoping he would do that to instill confidence just like what the Gloves owners are doing.

You must also remember, Both TF and Kama are not a born Billionaire. All their AA shares are bought with margin account and Bank borrowings. Perhaps they already have enough.

Even General Lee of Profitable KNM are selling his own shares when he retires. The fact that both are not selling should already be a good indicators that they believe they can turn around the company..

Meow

Posted by smalltimespeculator > 2020-07-11 23:32 | Report Abuse

Well,

Would like to see Tony And Kamaruddin walk the talk.

Pump in RM1billion of own money to show support and instill confidence in the public.

If boss also dont want pump in own money, then u know the future is GG. Just wanna sapu ikan bilis hard earn live savings.....

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:40 | Report Abuse

As per my comment at 11.32...

Perhaps you may want to join me at Serbadk Dinamik. Datuk Karim is buying Serba Shares and of course two of my Gloves Fantastic Four. They are buying shares.

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:43 | Report Abuse

Like I said..It's your call. No one is forcing you to buy...

We could use some help to be our Pom Pom Boys...

At this rate we all certainly need all the cheering we can get...

Meow..

Posted by smalltimespeculator > 2020-07-11 23:48 | Report Abuse

Well, they cleared off a big portion of the loan with the special dividends and normal dividends. So now.. got firepower again.... must go All out if they think AAGB is RM10 per share.

If owner know sure untung and think can turnaround, but only talk, how la ikan bilis want to believe his story?

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:54 | Report Abuse

Fair enough...I don't have an answer to that as I'm not Tony...

What I think has been explain at 11.32PM

One thing I know is Air Asia has battered many storms...

What she needs now is time. Hence time she shall have ...

Meow...

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-11 23:59 | Report Abuse

@pang72 AirAsia triggers criteria, but will not be classified as PN17 company for next 12 months

WHAT IS THIS CRITERIA FOR PN17?
PN17 CRITERIA IS CHOOSING COMPANY.?

IF THE NEXT COMPANY MEETING PN17 CRITERIA, WHO HAS THE FINAL SAY?

GO TO COURT TO JUDGE OR?

COMPETELY USELESS PN17 CRITERIA
11/07/2020 2:33 PM

Touche pang72 !

pang72 is a smart man. I always adore smart man..

Good night every one..

Meow..

Posted by smalltimespeculator > 2020-07-12 00:00 | Report Abuse

All the best !

Remember subscribe big win big. Subscribe small, win teh tarik only.

Cimb

112 posts

Posted by Cimb > 2020-07-12 04:13 | Report Abuse

TP 0.58 Bec 2021 still loss.

chamlo

1,204 posts

Posted by chamlo > 2020-07-12 07:32 | Report Abuse

Adham Baba: Reopening borders will be govt's final act in war against Covid-19
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/07/11/adham-baba-reopening-borders-will-be-govt039s-final-act-in-war-against-covid-19

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-12 09:45 | Report Abuse

zam zam...alkazam

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 09:57 | Report Abuse

@strattegist zam zam...alkazam
12/07/2020 9:45 AM

Meow my Plantation comrade...

I believe in magic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkTgVynmbM

Posted by BornToSpeculate > 2020-07-12 10:00 | Report Abuse

@Mabel

All that its just management lip service. 2Q costs reduced but this is not due to good management, its due to COVID whereby every company is cutting staff salary, cost cutting and scaling back on operations. So you wanna give them a pat on the back for this

Good management would be to get the cost savings from the airbus deal for AA shareholders instead of going to the crook whos been milking the company. Thats why AA from a shareholder funds of 6.6b in 2018, is down to only 1b and u guys now have to go for a rights issue.

With this, share price should only tank as even the crook might sell some and buy back later and subscribe at super discounted price. However, i hear that he has some existing loan arrangements with a floor on AA share price, so he cant let it crash too.

I dont have the data on fares. But as flights resume, fares will only drop. During MCO a flight to Kuching might have costs 200-300% the normal fare and now that has normalized. You just do the math, worldwide most countries are trying to save their national airlines and what that means is you have excess capacity ( scenario before COVID ) and now a big drop in passenger demand as ppl avoid travelling for at least the next 1 year, what you think will happen to air fares.

Dont forget AA was doing promo on free tickets or something like that a month ago so dont take their ticket booking as indicator of recovering demand / profitability.

Posted by Mabel > Jul 11, 2020 11:16 PM | Report Abuse

@koowakzai Next qr will eat into their nta. Further reducing the nta. Cash call soon. Wait till 0.50 only enter. The worst is yet to come.
11/07/2020 11:09 PM

Sure..unless if they implement Right Issues. Please scroll up what I have shared earlier.

Fares is actually rising and flights resumed in most countries. AAGB is actively managing costs. As at 31 Mar 2020, it has a MYR1.6b cash balance. Through a combination of debt and equity financing, it expects to ‘outlive’ the COVID-19 pandemic. Positively, it also stated that average fares have been rising (1Q20: +8% YoY) as the COVID-19 pandemic has caused airlines to cut capacity and competition. As of today, AAGB has resumed flights in five of the six countries it operates in. Japan will resume flights in Aug 2020.

In 2Q20, 60% of fixed costs have been reduced. For FY20, AAGB hopes to halve cash expenses YoY. Here are some of action which is under progress

1. AAGB targets to reduce CASK from 3.80 US cents in FY19 to 3.60-3.70 US cents by FY21.
2. As at 6 Jul 2020, 70% of its Brent fuel hedging contracts have been restructured. The FY20 average Brent hedge price is USD61.41/bbl.
3. AAGB expects to record more losses on settlement of fuel hedges in 2Q20 but does not expect to record as much in 3Q20 and 4Q20.
4 Other measure to preserve liquidity in FY20 are to:-
a) Defer operating lease and maintenance payments - AAGB may return 38 aircraft in the next 3 years. It is also exploring lease rates based on utilisation rather than a fixed lease rate per month or year.
b) Get customers to accept credit shells instead of cash refunds – 80% of customers have opted for credit shells.
c) Delay taking delivery of new aircraft – In fact, AAGB is cajoling Airbus to refund some of its aircraft purchase deposits.
d) Rollover working capital loans
e) Review pilots’ allowances
f) Institute pay cuts across the board including that of directors
g) Seek debt, equity and hybrid financing
f) Encourage associates to seek their own financing
g) Get fuel vendors to refund prepayments
h) Renegotiate IT and maintenance contracts

Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 10:31 | Report Abuse

Meow BornToSpeculate ...

As an Investor, I would like to see what are the actions taken by the company...

Yes, I agree the cost savings from the airbus deal for AA shareholders would have been great to add on the list of action taken. From what I read the deal is to cover promotion and marketing expenses to promote AA as a Global Brand. Based on what geary posted last night it's working.

@geary BY DAVE BRETT

5 Reasons why Airasia are the best budget airline in the world.

Budget airlines often come along with no frills, for the low price you pay, all you expect is to get from A to B as safely as possible. After my experience of flying with budget airlines around Europe and North America and Oceania I was shocked when I first discovered Airaisa on my backpacking trip around South East Asia.

Here are my 5 reasons why I think Airasia is the best budget airline in the world:
https://traveldave.co.uk/why-airasia-is-the-best-budget-airline/
11/07/2020 6:11 PM

As for Crook, the board has cleared them. Beside, it's not my call to judge as I don't have all the facts. Let's leave this to the relevant authority to take action upon them if it warrants..

I hear what you are saying on your last point. However, I always believe what the great Confucius used to say..." A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step..."

Meow..

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-07-12 10:34 | Report Abuse

Grounded.....not thousand miles....can't even manage an inch

Posted by BornToSpeculate > 2020-07-12 10:42 | Report Abuse

@Mabel

Lets just be objective. If it was truly for branding and promotional activities, you wouldnt advertise with a lousy team that the crook owns, you would advertise with the best and see what other options to get value for dollar spent. Its a related party transaction unless you choose not to see it that way. If its was truly for this purpose, i would propose give the saving to AA, let AA decide how they want to spend this 400-500m on Advertising, Promotion and Branding and put it on their books.

I said this earlier in my post, Airbus confirmed the bribe, MACC cleared the crook.

Yes, I saw geary post. My view is that posts like this might not really mean much. Who is the reviewer, does his have any pull ? Was he paid to do this review ? It is was reported by a big news network then it would be something else.

Best budget airline doesnt have this kind of management. Most of the overseas passengers are probably on AAX, which has died from day 1 of IPO.

So you prefer good reviews from backpackers and bad financial performance for shareholders or the other way ? I dont know but i dont recall AAX ever making a profit since its listing. I have a friend who kept telling me to buy and he averaged all the way down from IPO to about 20 cents.

Posted by Mabel > Jul 12, 2020 10:31 AM | Report Abuse

Meow BornToSpeculate ...

As an Investor, I would like to see what are the actions taken by the company...

Yes, I agree the cost savings from the airbus deal for AA shareholders would have been great to add on the list of action taken. From what I read the deal is to cover promotion and marketing expenses to promote AA as a Global Brand. Based on what geary posted last night it's working.

@geary BY DAVE BRETT

5 Reasons why Airasia are the best budget airline in the world.

Budget airlines often come along with no frills, for the low price you pay, all you expect is to get from A to B as safely as possible. After my experience of flying with budget airlines around Europe and North America and Oceania I was shocked when I first discovered Airaisa on my backpacking trip around South East Asia.

Here are my 5 reasons why I think Airasia is the best budget airline in the world:
https://traveldave.co.uk/why-airasia-is-the-best-budget-airline/
11/07/2020 6:11 PM

As for Crook, the board has cleared them. Beside, it's not my call to judge as I don't have all the facts. Let's leave this to the relevant authority to take action upon them if it warrants..

I hear what you are saying on your last point. However, I always believe what the great Confucius used to say..." A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step..."

Meow..

Posted by BornToSpeculate > 2020-07-12 11:05 | Report Abuse

When my overseas friends ask me what it mean to be Malaysian? It means we have to accept we have the biggest crooks and we clear all of the them. Including No1 whom Im sure will be cleared. What a wayang kulit for the past 2 years when we know he wont be going to jail.

Anyway I dont want to comment anymore here. I just wanted to share another viewpoint. If AA is for you, best of luck.

Aaron_tan

2,337 posts

Posted by Aaron_tan > 2020-07-12 11:07 | Report Abuse

Stupid stock, better put all your monies into supermax

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 11:15 | Report Abuse

Mabel @BornToSpeculate @Mabel

Lets just be objective. If it was truly for branding and promotional activities, you wouldnt advertise with a lousy team that the crook owns, you would advertise with the best and see what other options to get value for dollar spent. Its a related party transaction unless you choose not to see it that way. If its was truly for this purpose, i would propose give the saving to AA, let AA decide how they want to spend this 400-500m on Advertising, Promotion and Branding and put it on their books.

I said this earlier in my post, Airbus confirmed the bribe, MACC cleared the crook.

Yes, I saw geary post. My view is that posts like this might not really mean much. Who is the reviewer, does his have any pull ? Was he paid to do this review ? It is was reported by a big news network then it would be something else.

Best budget airline doesnt have this kind of management. Most of the overseas passengers are probably on AAX, which has died from day 1 of IPO.

So you prefer good reviews from backpackers and bad financial performance for shareholders or the other way ? I dont know but i dont recall AAX ever making a profit since its listing. I have a friend who kept telling me to buy and he averaged all the way down from IPO to about 20 cents.
12/07/2020 10:42 AM

Meow BornToSpeculate ...

First, I would love to see AAG merge AA and AAX. Currently dual operation lacks synergy and not sustainable when most aircrafts are grounded due to MCO The only reason they were kept separated was AAX uses diff AOC than AA.

AAX is the operating arm of FAX which was set up to operate the domestic route and RAS from MAS. When the RAS failed due to various reason it was handed back to MAS but FAX retained the AOC. And setup AAX using the AOC. So, it's 2 different parent company. DCA don't allow the merging of 2 AOC into 1. MAS from the start already has the necessary certification to operate both domestic and international routes.

Second, instead of Bailout using more taxpayer money for 3 Airlines, they should relax this ruling so that they can operate as one entity with the end game to merge with MAS all together as one Big Entity. Tough conditions requires tough measures..Kill 3 Birds with one Stone.

No airline which underwent a restructuring or bailout will ever be the same again. AA has JV's in other countries too don't forget,. First battle for them is with MAB, all the planes docked at klia2, got to get the govt to waive the fee, impact to MAB, Khazanah...

Next maybe soft loan from Petronas for 6 months of fuel charges deferment. Special tax rebates and subsidies for keeping staff.... That could be the way. However aircraft lease payments might need to be deferred too. If those work, with a few hundred million of cash for operation. They might be back on their feet. However the balance sheet right now is not so rosy.

Hence the only way forward is the Right Issues and/or Private Placement.

The way I see it, consolidation agenda is already on the table between AA, AAX and MAS. Money talks and Khazanah has already made a statement this week.

Malaysia Airlines needs RM1b cash injection a year to survive.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysia-airlines-needs-rm1b-ca...

KUALA LUMPUR (July 10): Khazanah Nasional Bhd is not discounting the possibility of a merger between Malaysia Airlines Bhd and AirAsia group, which consists of two listed entities — AirAsia Group Bhd and AirAsia X Bhd (AAX).

"In life, never say never to anything," replied Khazanah's managing director (MD) Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan when asked if the proposal on merger between Malaysia Airlines and AirAsia was off the table in an interview with Bloomberg TV.

Shahril commented that moving forward, airlines will have to cooperate with each other in order to weather and recover from the disruption caused by Covid-19.

Like I said earlier, I plan to hold until next year. All she needs is time and time she shall have. What I have in my mind now is a merger of 3 Airlines into one.

Meow

BullRunComing

1,449 posts

Posted by BullRunComing > 2020-07-12 11:16 | Report Abuse

Why wasting time, money and effort in Airasia when there are so many other undervalued company which are worth investing your money

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 11:26 | Report Abuse

Good point BullRun...

Already done that...

All these AirAsia and AAX Jet Fighters ( soon MAS) will provide air support for my Armada Fleets of 18 Battleships to fight this War on Terror..

They will also have all the Health Care protection they need against C19 pandemic..

In addition my Techs selection will provide all the technology support to move forward..

About my 18 battleships..all my Battleships are name after the ships in the Pirates of the Caribbean..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGtEPdmR3g

Captain Mabel Sparrow..

Aaron_tan

2,337 posts

Posted by Aaron_tan > 2020-07-12 11:28 | Report Abuse

Sometimes I really not understand, why still want to put your monies into a pk company??? Just swap all ur monies into supermx

Posted by smalltimespeculator > 2020-07-12 11:32 | Report Abuse

Of course certain parties would like aax to merge with MAS. Aax was a big failure.. and everyone wants to exit. But who will bail it out? The rakyat lo........ in the end... the poor rakyat in msia keep feeding tony and kamaruddin and make them even richer.

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 11:40 | Report Abuse

@Aaron_tan Sometimes I really not understand, why still want to put your monies into a pk company??? Just swap all ur monies into supermx
12/07/2020 11:28 AM

Meow Aaron...

I'm already on board in Supermax...expecting stellar result coming up soon..

Meow Meow Meow Meow..

Mabel

23,543 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-07-12 11:47 | Report Abuse

@smalltimespeculator Of course certain parties would like aax to merge with MAS. Aax was a big failure.. and everyone wants to exit. But who will bail it out? The rakyat lo........ in the end... the poor rakyat in msia keep feeding tony and kamaruddin and make them even richer.
12/07/2020 11:32 AM

That's why RI and/or Private Placement is on the agenda. Please scroll up what I said last night..

I'm off for my lunch date..

Have a nice weekend everyone..

Meow

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-12 12:23 | Report Abuse

zam zam...alkazam

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 14:21 | Report Abuse

Meow Aaron...

I'm already on board in Supermax...expecting stellar result coming up soon..

Meow Meow Meow Meow..

FOMO can be dangerous...but if you swing trade is okay... remember to sell when you profited...cannot be too Greedy...buy high sell higher...but remember to sell...ʘ‿ʘ

Popit79

74 posts

Posted by Popit79 > 2020-07-12 14:43 | Report Abuse

Ready to takeoff soon huhu...kindly fasten ur seatbelt guys

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 16:33 | Report Abuse

Top Glove urges govt to lift freeze on foreign workers | https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/701005

DickyMe

14,663 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-07-12 16:38 | Report Abuse

Why must government lift freeze on foreign workers for profit seekers?

Why not the profit making company share their profit with local workers?

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 16:46 | Report Abuse

12/07/2020 4:38 PM

Local workers...too pampered lol...share with them lagi pampered...work hard for 3 years first then maybe he or she can be promoted...3D jobs...how many locals can tahan...maybe automation in certain departments can help...!!!

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2020-07-12 16:49 |

Post removed.Why?

DickyMe

14,663 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-07-12 16:52 | Report Abuse

"Posted by geary > Jul 12, 2020 4:46 PM | Report Abuse

12/07/2020 4:38 PM

Local workers...too pampered lol...share with them lagi pampered...work hard for 3 years first then maybe he or she can be promoted...3D jobs...how many locals can tahan...maybe automation in certain departments can help...!!!"

=========================================

If that's the argument, then the companies should shut their operations here and move to where they think it is cheaper and have hardworking slaves.

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 16:53 | Report Abuse

strattegist aiyooooo

Never suffered for at least 3 years want these n that...usually companies will hive share options or esos to long term good employees...That's good enough...so they can sell at this price...huat lol...!!!

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 16:57 | Report Abuse

If that's the argument, then the companies should shut their operations here and move to where they think it is cheaper and have hardworking slaves.

Don't trust those angmoh talk human right n teach we Asians how to behave...they themselves treat those blacks or negros, until now still racist n like slaves...Black Lives Matter...!!!

geary

6,290 posts

Posted by geary > 2020-07-12 17:07 | Report Abuse

Sometimes there are so many tradeoffs...we just don't understand...Why...so how the migrant workers are treated in Singapore...so many things...it's not just talk n can solve all these...but looking deeper...Topglov did try to mend some policy that can be fair to migrant workers here...lot of tradeoffs...Nothing is perfect...Every countries n companies are trying to be fair for their workers welfare...so in this covid19...so many got retrenced...so there are many worst things happening...society is forever unfair...so rules n laws need changing accordingly...!!!

DickyMe

14,663 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-07-12 17:15 | Report Abuse

"Don't trust those angmoh talk human right n teach we Asians how to behave...they themselves treat those blacks or negros, until now still racist n like slaves...Black Lives Matter...!!!"

Angmoh's treat worker better than Asians.

Asians are the worse racist.

Post a Comment