BRAHIMS HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): BRAHIMS (9474)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.005 - 0.015

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

4,992 comment(s). Last comment by chinaman 2 months ago

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-04 18:09 | Report Abuse

CT Ong.... What is your opinion against this counter? can hold or should cut loss?

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-04 19:26 | Report Abuse

The sugar business issue was highlighted in the 2013 annual report. I reminded u guys to read but dont think anyone bothered. MAS issue was clarified in the 2013 annual report as well.

I never liked the sugar business due to heavy capex and has nothing to do with its halal food business. So a potential divestment of that business is a good news to me.

What i am expecting from this stock is a minimum 4% dividend. Although i think 8% is achievable at current price. And i expect the company to close some deals soon and grow its inflight catering profit.

Im still accumulating this because of their halal food expertise and i know tabung haji cost is much higher than me and i dont see them selling. And i trust the management for their honesty.

Imagine no sugar = what will they do with the cash?

Posted by localmotive > 2014-06-04 20:54 | Report Abuse

I totally agree with Nononsense. And I also do not think MAS will stop flying, but they do need to restructure. I'm also accumulating taking the cue from Nononsense.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-04 20:55 | Report Abuse

@kl25

Can still recall why on the 29/05 this stock which was inching up to break 1.77 and all of the sudden it came crashing down to 1.72 before rising to 1.75 again?
All because of the article form Alliance DBS and the selling were mild from some retails because of the knee jerk reactions.

Below is an article that came out on the 29/05 from Alliance DBS .
I received it on the 29/05 in the late afternoon and i was sceptical to share it here immediately.
If i post it without checking the facts , it will create fear to all my dear friends over here.

It's distressing reading it and it's a pale comparison from what this analyst who wrote it on 15/05

I called the analyst on monday morning and get some clarification.
He told me that this article is for his direct client and whatever written is a POSSIBILITY only.
ALL ASSUMPTIONS he said.

This really irks me as the analyst could not clarify to me why a 180 degree u-turn from the previous article.
He can only say that it's a recommendation to the clients.

Here is the report for the direct client on the 29/05

Brahim’s Holdings Bhd was downgraded to Hold from Buy by AllianceDBS Research, with a new target price of RM1.70, down significantly from its previous RM2.95. The research house cited Malaysian Airline System Bhd’s cost-cutting, as well as MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd’s new sugar plant, along with weaker results as the reasons for the downgrade.
Malaysian Airline System Bhd is undertaking a restructuring exercise, which includes a cost-down measure that in turn attempts to reduce the cost of in-flight meals. This could very well mean less profit per meal for the supplier of the airline’s meals.
At the same time, Brahim’s upcoming sugar division, Admuda, is facing the threat of being dropped. MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd has plans to roll out a new sugar plant at the Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Johor, which is expected to reduce processing costs for the company by up to 35%, outweighing Admuda’s logistic cost advantage in Sarawak.
“It would be challenging for Admuda to market its product once MSM’s plant is completed in 2016. On this note, we would not discount Brahim’s calling off this venture,” noted AllianceDBS Research.
Brahim’s Holdings Bhd also recorded a weak first quarter, reporting only 15% of consensus’ full year estimates. However, AllianceDBS Research notes that this is within expectations, as the first quarter is normally the group’s weakest quarter.
Brahim’s Holdings Bhd’s shares are currently valued at RM1.77, up 4 sen.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-04 21:07 | Report Abuse

Sorry
Go to bursa announcement and you will see the details

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-06-04 21:33 | Report Abuse

So Holland start by tomorrow?

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-04 22:23 | Report Abuse

This stock is very simple.

Just from the in-flight catering business with no growth from next year onward, the company can pay you about 7.5% dividend yield at current price RM1.70.
The 7.5% doesn't include the following potential contributions:
1. I think you can at least expect 10% growth for the next 3 years just from KLIA2.
2. What if the Japan deal kick in?
3. What if business opportunities from Tabung Haji kick in?
If all the above kick in, i can imagine of collecting 10% dividend yield every year.

When will i sell this stock? No additional halal food business deal + no 4% dividend = sell

Why good management? Although they might have made a mistake in buying 60% stake in the sugar business, they are smart enough to evaluate the current situation and potentially change their mind before burning more cash. They are not a bad management because bad management burn cash to buy profit without adding shareholders' value.

At the AGM, someone please ask about dividend and potential halal food business deals! I wont be there to ask. Thanks.

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-04 22:34 | Report Abuse

AllianceDBS FY14 EPS is going to be wrong! 10.9 sen is too low and illogical. Mark my word, Actual EPS for FY14 is going to be at least 20% higher than that analyst forecast.

This is a one interesting stock. I am going to see good earnings momentum but share price is not reacting to it, at least for now.

traderman

7,854 posts

Posted by traderman > 2014-06-04 22:39 | Report Abuse

just buy, no need post here ask people buy.

Posted by melakaboyz > 2014-06-04 23:01 | Report Abuse

Hiii newbie here. Just placed at RM 1.75.

Posted by fortunebullllz > 2014-06-04 23:05 | Report Abuse

with MAS going down, Brahims will be badly affected

iwtbsi

58 posts

Posted by iwtbsi > 2014-06-04 23:10 | Report Abuse

i think not likely, all bad news already factored in. Now should be more to side move.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-04 23:53 | Report Abuse

Now 2 conflicting announcements

One from HLG : http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/ptres/23373.jsp

and the other form ALLIANCE DBS : http://i.imgur.com/HJXXouH.png

traderman

7,854 posts

Posted by traderman > 2014-06-05 00:05 | Report Abuse

No need argue here, for those think now is discounted, just buy more ....

Posted by msandroidmz > 2014-06-05 12:05 | Report Abuse

yes buy more...

Posted by skyrooftop > 2014-06-05 14:35 | Report Abuse

Going up again?

iwtbsi

58 posts

Posted by iwtbsi > 2014-06-05 18:33 | Report Abuse

add 3 cents today.

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-05 20:51 | Report Abuse

someone is pushing up the price and blocking it at 1.70 since yesterday

Brahims

113 posts

Posted by Brahims > 2014-06-05 23:58 | Report Abuse

tomorrow back to 1.68-1.70 again?? Could be, haha :)

Posted by martiniclub7 > 2014-06-06 06:57 | Report Abuse

"We expect Brahim's to attract heavy selling towards its resistance levels of RM1.73, RM2.06 and RM2.19. Support level at RM1.36, RM1.54 and RM1.66. Downside targets are now located at RM1.28 and RM0.90" - Maybank IB

Wow! seriously!? Also a "Sell" call on Brahims by Maybank IB.. All the while Maybank IB has been supporting Brahims, not this time.

Brahims

113 posts

Posted by Brahims > 2014-06-06 08:56 | Report Abuse

Gov and GLC companies alliance together to force Brahims to cut meal price offer to MAS?

zylkron

91 posts

Posted by zylkron > 2014-06-06 08:59 | Report Abuse

Queuing at 90cents haha :P

Brahims

113 posts

Posted by Brahims > 2014-06-06 11:44 | Report Abuse

Estimate EPS 2014 is 0.115. 0.115 x 15times P/E = RM1.725. Near to current value actually. During the peak price RM2.70 the P/E is 23times. It will drop to RM0.90 only if the P/E lower than 10times :P.

Posted by kingdomtan888 > 2014-06-06 12:13 | Report Abuse

It really wi go down to 0.90?
CT , any advise ?

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-06 13:08 | Report Abuse

if broken 1.70 next stand point at 1.60

Posted by skyrooftop > 2014-06-06 14:17 | Report Abuse

Seriously? Woaahh

tralala

527 posts

Posted by tralala > 2014-06-06 14:40 | Report Abuse

alliance is a joke ba... 2.90 cut to 1.90.. proves how lousy their analysis is

tralala

527 posts

Posted by tralala > 2014-06-06 14:40 | Report Abuse

maybe next quarter they shiok shiok up to rm 4

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-06 14:58 | Report Abuse

woooooooooo this stock can still keep....after alliance bank comment

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-06 15:10 | Report Abuse

CT ..how your opinion...... any changes Brahim can resume to 2.70..... within this year end ?

Posted by solidfinisher > 2014-06-06 15:16 | Report Abuse

i am holding from 2.3 till now drop 1.67.... I can faint!

Posted by cheeselord > 2014-06-06 15:30 | Report Abuse

Just have faith. Don't get faint.. We all in same boat lol

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-06 15:33 | Report Abuse

why MH370 so big impact to Brahim? Brahim still active with other deal

Posted by cheeselord > 2014-06-06 15:33 | Report Abuse

Need some good news to excite the stock

Tina Khoo

223 posts

Posted by Tina Khoo > 2014-06-06 15:53 | Report Abuse

Come on BRAHIMS....lets show us something good.

kl25

14 posts

Posted by kl25 > 2014-06-06 15:55 | Report Abuse

why still down n down.... my broker said can buy le

Posted by solidfinisher > 2014-06-06 16:06 | Report Abuse

broker can't always trust la.... anyway I got 550 lots, i peeing in my pants now!

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2014-06-06 16:09 | Report Abuse

@CT, believe you have good amount of your investment in this counter. may be you would like to consider attending the next coming AGM personally instead of send a proxy so that you can ask more intelligent questions to dig out more info from the horses mouth.
I have better faith in you as compare to those IB jokers.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2014-06-06 16:13 | Report Abuse

If I were you I will wait for the outcome of AGM to decide if I were to top up more.

Posted by solidfinisher > 2014-06-06 16:14 | Report Abuse

Tornado, well said those who have higher holding in this company, perhaps can attend AGM like what Tornado suggest and see how the plans are like! Cheers.

Tornado, how lots you have and at what price?
Thanks

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2014-06-06 16:31 | Report Abuse

@Solidfinisher,

I had made a couple round on Brahims earlier.
@Bought 2.29 sold at 2.47
@Bought at 2.2 sold at 2.35.
@3rd round, I bought at 2.20 and cut loss at 2.08.
@After cutting loss I am very cautious in accumulation, lot by lot at ~1.9 / ~1.8 / ~1.7.

Now I am stuck with an average of 1.8. I will base on AGM outcome to decide if I should cut lost or top up. I was never heavy on Brahims , my current holding on Brahims only make up 3% of my portfolio as I am more interest in Technology stocks.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2014-06-06 16:39 | Report Abuse

This is an excerpt from Wangge , Inari counter

This technique very effective technique for big boys made $ for potential
growth stock!

1. Someone shares fear news- can make $ via in out
2. Someone shares good news - can make $ via in out
3. Someone follows fear/good news- can't make $ (90%)
4. Someone shares potential and good news- got in no out , or no in out!
collecting dividend quarterly and wait for capital appreciation
as long term and value investor!

Which group are you in? Wangge in group 4!
The 10% spreads among group 1, 2 and 4!

Good luck happy trading !

Brahims

113 posts

Posted by Brahims > 2014-06-06 18:49 | Report Abuse

Last year 2013, Brahims running at P/E 45times. After double digits grown of the profit the P/E went down to ~23times. While the earning increased Q by Q, the P/E maintained at around 23times until peak RM2.70 in 2014. The P/E now is only 13times, which is pretty low compare to 2013 and Q1 2014. The P/E went down below 10times is not likely to happen unless the whole market crash. RM0.90 will not likely to hit, as the P/E not going to go down to 8times if refer to previous Q and years P/E. My personal view, the price will fluctuate between 1.60-1.75 until Dec2014 if not really have an excited good news. :)

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-07 08:00 | Report Abuse

Good news? = new business deal or a good dividend policy. This is maybe the 3rd time me saying here. Please ask them these at the AGM.

Airport catering businesses are transacted at more than 18x PE around the world. But i do hope this to go down to 0.90 so i can make this the only stock in my portfolio, provided fundamental is intact.

traderman

7,854 posts

Posted by traderman > 2014-06-07 08:12 | Report Abuse

For a stock to drop from 2.7 to 90 cent, that is a big fundamental change and you shouldn't touch at all .... It means even insider also no support it ... Anyway I don't think brahims will back to 90 cent .... Maybe 1.5 max .... Unless market crashing ...

Posted by Nononsense > 2014-06-07 09:17 | Report Abuse

I have seen a lot of stocks crashing with no change in fundamental. Just the timing is not right with poor market sentiment. 100% of the time i make big money (70% to 100%+ capital gain) out of these type of stocks. The inflection point for Brahims will be its new business deal or better dividend policy.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-07 23:11 | Report Abuse

@kingdomtan888

@traderman-you are right-realistic and with common sense.
@Nononsense-BRAHIMS will be back, definitely!

Why 0.90, why not 0.79 or 0.41
In the stock market anything is possible.
Miracles do happen.
1 % is also a possibility.
So if they thought there's a possibility then let them queue below 0.90 everyday and wait for PIGS to fly.

Well, maybe a financial meltdown could send this stock to it's previous low. I can't rule out.
If that happened, every sectors and stocks will not be spared. At that point of time you have lots of choice to choose.
Why BRAHIMS only?

Just read an article 2 weeks ago about a financial meltdown looming.
Just to share with all of you here.

It is only a matter of time before the stock market plunges , according to several reputable experts.

Mark Spitznagel, the hedge fund manager who is famous for his hugely profitable billion-dollar bet on the 2008 crisis, said, "We have no right to be surprised by a severe and imminent stock market crash. In fact, we must absolutely expect it."
Unfortunately, Spitznagel isn't alone.
"We are in a gigantic financial asset bubble," warns Swiss adviser and fund manager Marc Faber. "It could burst any day."
And billion-dollar investor Warren Buffett is rumored to be preparing for a collapse as well, as his "Warren Buffett Indicator" is breaching crash-alert status.

I have read Marc Faber comments about a severe market crash looming many times but it was nothing but a hoax and
falsehood.
Maybe this time it should be not too far within our horizon.
BUT, I don't think it will happen anytime so soon but anyway be cautious.
Russia's stock just started to rally and there's a bull market now.
Be Vigilant , My dear friends.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-07 23:14 | Report Abuse

@Tornado@Kenlee

16 to 20 is going to be extremely busy week for me. i have already make known to attend the AGM but i am not sure
i'll be there. I like to meet both of you if i have the opportunity.

Forget about the sugar refinery for now , no need to even ask as this is no more a viable project. It won't bring any good to BRAHIMS if they go ahead with it. Fortunately it's not too late for them to divest.

BRAHIMS is not in favour by the present evil regime. They have vaporized the whole project to thin air.
I think you all know what i mean.
MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd and Al-Khaleej are setting a sugar refinery in Tanjung Pelepas and they are going to produce
cheaper raw sugar by 18% to 30% cheaper than the current price.

prior to that, Brahim's had an advantage over sugar players' such as MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd's in terms of margins and efficiency.
Brahim's have better costs structure as raw sugar will be supplied by Thai Ruong Ruang (Thailand's second largest sugar manufacturer and exporter) based on market price of US16.3 cent per pound against long-term contract (LTC) price of US26 cent a pound
When BRAHIMS sign an MOU with TRR , this was going to be a threat to MSM and Tradewinds own by Syed Mokhtar.

This was how Brahims was hoodwinked and screwed.
BRAHIMS paid:
-150Mil for the factory-fortunately it's not too late to save the 150mil or else Brahims will be in deep shit!
-20 Mil to Admuda in Cash and Shares (18 000 lots of BRAHIMS Shares of 0.79sen when they signed the MOU)-Write off.
I thought that this is the project that is going to propel BRAHIMS beyond RM3 but now BRAHIMS has no option but to focus on his core business.

very soon
-Desatera is going to be listed or is injected into Brahim’s.
-ventures in Saudi Arabia and Jordan more news coming in soon.

If i had sold all my BRAHIMS share at the price between 2.50 and 2.70 , i would have profited two 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia
Now i am left with one only. I have to be contented. My level of confidence was very high in the beginning of 2014 and
i know that this is the stock that is going to make me WIN BIG.
Remember all the recommendations from no less than 5 research houses calling for a strong buy.
Unfortunately, BRAHIMS fairy tale run was shattered by the Missing MH370 and this snowballs effect has bought this
stock fall from grace. The pressure mounts from all sides so there is no reason for the stock to defy gravity now.

CT Ong

90 posts

Posted by CT Ong > 2014-06-07 23:17 | Report Abuse

Now it's the testing time for BRAHIMS share holders again.
That's why i say it's BRAHIMS classic movement. It will be very very frustrating following the movements of this stock.
If you are not patience enough it is going to squeeze you till kingdom comes. Don't follow the stock movements everyday, it's going to be heart wrenching!
It can be so boring and humiliating that the cursing and swearing will come in from all sides.
I have been tested many times and i prevail.

I believe after the MAS restructuring this stock will be moving through a tight range when it has found it's bottom.
I am waiting to collect in the range of 1.40 to 1.50 and you'll see the stock consolidating here.
The market is not conducive at the moment. It's not only Brahims that is going for a breather.

Do hang on and believe me that this stock will rise in due time.

I cannot reveal to you too much here as i know that it will be back and kicking again!

Some funds that i know off are quietly collecting , don't think that they are stupid supporting the price for the sake of nothing.
Tabung Haji stake : around 2.30 average price.
Felda private placement is more than 1.45
Government link funds are buying at the high too.

Now the last hurdle. when the foul air from MAS is cleared , just buy and hold tight.

Look at MASKargo. Year in year out, losing to the tunes of millions and finally the CEO resigns .

From what i know there is an intense and fierce negotiations going on between MAS and BRAHIMS.
Datuk is doing a good job here. He is very firm in what he is doing and he won't budge .
Take it or leave it!
He has the business acumen and he is also articulate. He has lots of chinese
business friends and colleagues that i know off with him and they help each other from the day he started his business. That's why he is so enterprising and has far sighted vision.

That's the main reason i INVEST in BRAHIMS.

This is how MAS Catering was turn into a profitable company when BRAHIMS took over. MAS should be blessed.
BRAHIMS only managed to pay off the 170Mil plus interest in 2012.
2013 , profit coming in and 2014 BRAHIMS share shot to multi year high and that's where the envious and jealousy
surfaced with all the wild accusations.
Human Nature! it's also same in the forum. when BRAHIMS share plunge you can see that it will be overwhelmed with 'GENIUS' laughing to their heart's content, insulting and mocking Brahims Investors.
Another person's suffering becomes another person's joy, that goes without a bit of empathy.
I am not very sure what is the fun? What satisfaction does it derives?

Final words of advice: You are Investing for productivity Asset and BRAHIMS will finally gives you a handsome return.

I am at KLIA2 Hot Wok at departure airside hall since 8.pm. Going to board my plane and as i can see all the premiums store that BRAHIMS owned are packed and doing a brisk business here:
Burger King
The Chicken Rice Shop
Taste of India Local
Big Bowl/Noodles & Yong Tau Foo
Hot Wok
Satay
Beverage
Japanese Japanese
Popeyes Fast food

Imagine 60 000 visitors in KLIA2 perday!

Till we keep in touch. Adios, and Wish you all Good Luck!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-06-07 23:32 | Report Abuse

The way to invest is to see upside potential not downside potential! Enough said, I will be whacked again if I say anything about Brahim!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz