185 people like this.

1,254 comment(s). Last comment by harryliew 2 months ago

Posted by mfcapital > 2012-07-20 00:19 | Report Abuse

MISC IS HEAVY WEIGHT - SON IS MHB(MMHE) & MOTHER IS PETRONAS.. May STOP Losing lots of money now and yet highly recommended by shipping Analyst to buy! If u sell low Price God Quality BUNKER i.e U$D450~600/MT then u can sell it to MISC & buy its shares.. Godd luck Dude...

cannie

6 posts

Posted by cannie > 2012-07-20 22:38 | Report Abuse

cklcolin10..wat price u were recommended to buy? I bought at 4.42 and still holding.

cannie

6 posts

Posted by cannie > 2012-07-20 22:41 | Report Abuse

Rajan...congrats! Bernas, let's see. Hmm, have moved quite a lot..still a good stock. GOOD LUCK!! :DD

cannie

6 posts

Posted by cannie > 2012-07-20 22:43 | Report Abuse

Bought FITTERS at 0.79...now 0.835. :)

Posted by June08ng > 2012-07-23 08:22 | Report Abuse

Hi I am a newbie - if I was looking for dividend yield stock is Digi a good buy right now? How about Genting for dividend yield ?

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-07-23 08:32 | Report Abuse

June08ng: At its present price of 4.42, the dividend yield would be 4%, all else being equal. This is okay enough for some because there's also the potential for capital gains from the price... if it goes up, of course. And DiGi, being a proven telco, also ranks highly among investors and fund managers - that means one is holding a strong counter.

However, there are also other solid counters that have higher dividend yields than DiGi "at this moment in time". See in the daily newspaper what these companies are - make a list and decide which offers the most bang for the buck.

Posted by frleong2005 > 2012-07-28 23:12 | Report Abuse

On dividends I notice that only xdate is stated on the list. I hope you will also include date of payment.

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-07-29 17:50 | Report Abuse

The horse shares Composite Index bottomed in 2008 at just over 800 points, ended this year July 20, 1643, before and after has risen 100%. Ma shares the KLCI actually experiencing a bull market. Ma shares the KLCI high frequency of innovation, this bull market sustainability or for how long, or just a bear market to come on the eve of a rebound?
The stock market predecessors, if in a strong bull market, investors can be aware of and consider to comply with the City of the "Matthew effect". However, the most important to determine if it falls on a strong bull, Matthew in order to take all advantage of the opportunity.
So-called Matthew effect, it is a term proposed by the famous British sociologist Robert Merton in the 1960s, to summarize a social psychological phenomenon may also apply in the stock market investment. He believes that the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer, wealth, often toward the meaning of the rich to go to.
Matthew's name comes from a fable in the Bible - Matthew. "Whoever has will be added to him, told him to spare; whosoever hath not, even what he has will be taken away."
Strong stock market, is more suitable for hot stocks, led by a strong stock more desirable, on the contrary to avoid weak stocks, unpopular stocks or non-mainstream stocks. Experience and trend of the past bull market, stocks of the strong get stronger and the weak weaker; investors are more afraid to chase the strong stock rose more vulnerable stocks is the performance of the more weak.
Investors, especially retail, I believe has the experience, is to buy stocks that it should play, but it did not, and can not afford anti-fall and be caught. But did not dare to buy stocks has been higher, even after selling the hands of a strong stock, it does not fall but continues to rise, it is regret that lament go treasure.
Wait until the disadvantaged shares you want to compensatory growth, a strong stock to the callback time, but the bull market has come to an end, weak stocks with strong shares can not afford to have declined, the moment approach, is stuck with the opportunity to the contrary, high. A strong stock up after all other shares, or the same field of stocks and may not be with after compensatory growth.
Such as current horse shares one thousand stocks, in fact, the majority of movements or weak and tired, quiet and simply do not touch with a bull market, but the relevant government or blue chip put up instead, may be the reason.
The occasion of a strong bull market trend, in the Matthew effect, the market there is a phenomenon that investors covet cheap unpopular stocks, while taking advantage of bargain-hunting purchased, it may failed with stocks that rose, or even opportunity to compensatory growth, but fell together in a strong stock down.
Which the bull market, investors should have the right investment ideas, good stocks are not cheap, but not good stocks. In a strong market in the stock market, do not be cheap, Ning can be more expensive price to buy a strong good stock.
Its truth is, even in a strong stock to recover high lost, however, its good fundamentals, so that they still make a comeback or Fanben the opportunity, but cheap stocks are cheap low, however, once stuck, it may collapse get nothing. Malaysian shares still is the power of cheap stocks and penny stock investors, especially retail, need to beware of crooks shares.
In fact, the theory is the truth, especially the rich have or have more resources, he has become rich or richer conditions the other hand, the poor but in the case of lack of resources to the poorer, and even finally come to nothing outcome.
Change the situation, large enterprises more likely to become larger, and small business resources are unable to compete and become smaller or even bankruptcy ended. Often small capital companies to rely on large enterprises to support and have a good play and grow. Alone to come to the fore, in reality, it is easier said than done.
Operation with Matthew contrary situation, everyone is familiar with reverse investment operations, Warren Buffett's success; is abandoned as I prefer people who are selling I bought. This may be a strong trend of less desirable, but is vulnerable stock market, the more long-term cumulative investment in the downturn trend is more desirable investment.
Whether homeopathic or reverse operation, when the bull market, the flow go, or a bear moving in the opposite cumulative underestimate shares, investors should do your homework and accurate, reasonable in making investment decisions, the horse stocks bull market a slice.

chin yin

15 posts

Posted by chin yin > 2012-08-09 16:16 | Report Abuse

hi, I am newbie here. I wish i3investor can assist most of my need in share investment.

lak4408

6 posts

Posted by lak4408 > 2012-08-14 15:27 | Report Abuse

hi, I am new here. I wish i3investor be my helpful guides to my success goal of share investments.

Posted by nathan_g > 2012-08-19 02:24 | Report Abuse

hi, selamat hari raya to all muslims..i actually freshie here..donno anything but wan to invest lo for mas cg..anyone can advice..tq yar

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-08-19 09:01 | Report Abuse

I learn popular "Accounting" terms.
EBITDA
Definition
Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization. An approximate measure of a company's operating cash flow based on data from the company's income statement. Calculated by looking at earnings before the deduction of interest expenses, taxes, depreciation, and amortization. This earnings measure is of particular interest in cases where companies have large amounts of fixed assets which are subject to heavy depreciation charges (such as manufacturing companies) or in the case where a company has a large amount of acquired intangible assets on its books and is thus subject to large amortization charges (such as a company that has purchased a brand or a company that has recently made a large acquisition). Since the distortionary accounting and financing effects on company earnings do not factor into EBITDA, it is a good way of comparing companies within and across industries. This measure is also of interest to a company's creditors, since EBITDA is essentially the income that a company has free for interest payments. In general, EBITDA is a useful measure only for large companies with significant assets, and/or for companies with a significant amount of debt financing. It is rarely a useful measure for evaluating a small company with no significant loans. Sometimes also called operational cash flow.

Posted by ABRAHAM DAVID > 2012-08-20 12:21 | Report Abuse

I am new. I like stocks that give high dividends. I am struggling to buy stocks on line because I find the instructions to do on line are user unfriendly. It is here I need help.

Posted by Han Thor Tan > 2012-08-20 15:15 | Report Abuse

Like to learn how to invest 6000 per year for 10 years and retire a MILLIONAIRE GUARANTEED? Then come to my seminar and you will be surprises how easy it is to be a Millionaire!!! For more information send me an email at: tanht1010@yahoo.com

Posted by Carlsson Lim > 2012-08-20 16:21 | Report Abuse

Guaranteed? what would be the outcome If ppl invest 60k per year? Millionaire within a year?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-20 20:45 | Report Abuse

Carlson, its didn't say who would be millionaire, did he? He is still not wrong LOL

Ram Cheong

450 posts

Posted by Ram Cheong > 2012-08-20 20:55 | Report Abuse

haha , everyone is crazy to be millionair . ............
i've just received a email from an unknown person introducing me a business earning in USD can soon be millionair for a meet up . ........... lol .

Posted by atuknihadmishal > 2012-08-23 09:36 | Report Abuse

between gold and share investment ... what would you choose?

josh

311 posts

Posted by josh > 2012-08-23 17:29 | Report Abuse

Go for blue-chip share better, like MAXIS and DIGI. Gold investment the fee % much higher alot.

Posted by skygen79 > 2012-08-26 22:15 | Report Abuse

to be a millionair must work+invest+saving smart & hard!!!
but if want to be millionhair just go yun nam hair center lol.

Posted by akileena > 2012-08-30 14:45 | Report Abuse

I did invest in stock market more than 15 yrs....the worst thing i lost due to greed. I wanted to start back with gas malaysia. profit
THank god...

hw0706

783 posts

Posted by hw0706 > 2012-08-31 15:24 | Report Abuse

buy only the company you know best.

tptan45

388 posts

Posted by tptan45 > 2012-08-31 16:12 | Report Abuse

The best thing for investment is .... Google!
With it, a company can be excluded within 5 minutes.

lak4408

6 posts

Posted by lak4408 > 2012-09-03 16:25 | Report Abuse

i only invest the company i know best.

Posted by angielow > 2012-09-05 11:33 | Report Abuse

iam a novice learning FA and TA.

Posted by Syafizi Sazali > 2012-09-08 12:13 | Report Abuse

learn about technical analysis, construct your own trading plan which covers entry, stop loss, take profit and a sound cash management strategy which suit you best and you're comfortable with. Have faith in your trading system as long as the profit you make is more than loss occur. revise your trading plan only if your system performance is not satisfactory in the long run.
unless you have a big fund and planning for a long term investment, fundamental is only as good as supporting or boosting your confidence prior to enter a buy position. retail participant in the market are only looking for making a profit by price differences, not the value of the company like what professional investor doing.

Hamizi

2 posts

Posted by Hamizi > 2012-09-10 12:36 | Report Abuse

I am the novice trader, please help me. How the FGV

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-10 12:56 | Report Abuse

Hamizi, don't come in yet. market is very high already and corrections only lately, you stand to lose only in most cases. buy in later is my suggestion!

Posted by nissansunny123 > 2012-09-18 18:46 | Report Abuse

utopia is good

blugz83

183 posts

Posted by blugz83 > 2012-09-18 19:40 | Report Abuse

fgv cannot go. .market for commodity quite bad,plus this counter too dependend on goverment..once pru13 announce, might drop as hell..most prob,all epf related counter shall have the effect..

gov need money for pru, where to got..? our epf maa? aiyoo..

frompj69

12 posts

Posted by frompj69 > 2012-09-26 18:18 | Report Abuse

it will be december market for closing for all listed companies. It has to look good. IGB reit will be a better choice compared to FGV

KS018

1 posts

Posted by KS018 > 2012-09-28 08:07 | Report Abuse

thanks for all suggest...

Posted by inbaabbraham > 2012-10-05 10:10 | Report Abuse

Target price :Generally what is the time frame to reach this target?

NavinShah

301 posts

Posted by NavinShah > 2012-10-09 19:55 | Report Abuse

Dont worry, just start buying GAB and Carlsberg. Buy like HELL and go to HEAVEN.................

hwchow

4 posts

Posted by hwchow > 2012-10-22 12:05 | Report Abuse

Hi all! I am new here. Hope to benefit for all mutually! I agree with frompj69 comments. IGBRiet will be a consistent winner for long term investors.

hwchow

4 posts

Posted by hwchow > 2012-10-22 12:07 | Report Abuse

Today Astro is down to RM2.88 and hovering between 2.89 and 2.91!

hwchow

4 posts

Posted by hwchow > 2012-10-22 12:09 | Report Abuse

some say astro will go down some more, but some say it will go up shortly! Can we have someone experience in trading to share with us his views?

azam87

224 posts

Posted by azam87 > 2012-10-22 12:16 | Report Abuse

astro shares will also depend on the euro market. let's see what happens after the euro market opens this afternoon.

hwchow

4 posts

Posted by hwchow > 2012-10-22 12:51 | Report Abuse

good idea. thanks acam87!

Posted by tayguansong > 2012-10-24 19:28 | Report Abuse

Seems like our malaysian market got positive rating from world invesment agency...we are now 12th friendly market to invest in..Should see good sign esp in Blue chips..anyway just got into BAT, Nestle and Dlady..

Posted by Phillip Iskandar Abdullah > 2012-10-25 07:56 | Report Abuse

BAT, Nestle & Dlady...potential

Posted by Stevent Hee > 2012-10-25 11:38 | Report Abuse

FBM KLCI still trending upward...
PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW:::::
FKLI NOV MAY COME TO 1688 BY EARLY NEXT MONTH.
BUT IT SEEM TO BE LACK OF MOMENTUM GOING UP FURTHER.
MAY FACE SOME ROLL OVER ACTIVITIES AND PRESS DOWN SO THAT TRADER CAN BUY AT LOW FOR FKLI NOV.

Lotan

1 posts

Posted by Lotan > 2012-11-10 00:31 | Report Abuse

looks like astro shares momentary broke through the barrier at 2.61
and got a kick up at 2.60?don`t know,just a feel....

btrades

2 posts

Posted by btrades > 2012-11-20 01:02 | Report Abuse

I am glad to join u guys on this site.
please can anyone share their view about possible monthly return on RM500k trading account on the malaysian stock market,is 10% montly return realistic?

Posted by Brien Chia Zi Hao > 2012-11-20 01:13 | Report Abuse

has anyone here actually achieved a 10% monthly return? that you can double your money in a year?

personally, if i get 1-2% per month, I'm happy. :)

hyzam1212

133 posts

Posted by hyzam1212 > 2012-11-20 11:09 | Report Abuse

Nice sharing nauzid...good for newbies

bds123

2 posts

Posted by bds123 > 2012-11-21 00:26 | Report Abuse

I like to invest in potential Ipo counters.

Posted by weekiowgat > 2012-11-21 17:51 | Report Abuse

Can anyone tell me which stocks pay the highest dividend. Hope to invest in high dividend stocks.

Posted by kitty003 > 2012-11-29 10:13 | Report Abuse

thanks you sooo much for the creator of this website...you are so generous is sharing your finance/investing knowledge as most ppl are stingy & selfish...

btrades

2 posts

Posted by btrades > 2012-12-02 19:29 | Report Abuse

its true most ppl r really selfish. I am sure those that created this site sure will have spritual returns, they deserve the best in the world and they shall get it - peace n happiness thx loads

Post a Comment
Market Buzz