14 people like this.

2,651 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( buy what you understand) 5 days ago

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-15 16:30 | Report Abuse

My reasoning for holding serbadk Warrants versus just buying the stock is as below:

Listing Date: 13 Dec 2019
Maturity Date: 05 Dec 2024
Number of warrants: 881,099,921
Exercise Price: MYR 2.6200

As I believe that at my current per warrant prices now of 0.237 per share, with 21 million warrants in my hand, I would be able to convert it all at the latest date of 5 dec 2024, which is within my expectations of conversion. As paying a cost of RM2.86 to buy a share of serbadk 4 years from today is a cheap investment in my opinion for a company that is guiding towards growing 15% in 2020 and onwards.

https://e-serbadk.com/serba-dinamik-lowers-target-growth-to-15serba-dinamik-agih-pek-makanan-rm500000-kepada-petugas-barisan-hadapan/

If they can keep the growth up, at a 4.5b revenue and 500m earnings guidance,
for FY2020, they are targeting 5.1b in revenue, 575m earnings
for FY2021, they are targeting 5.9b in revenue, 661m earnings
for fy2022, they are targeting 6.8b in revenue, 760m earnings

if we assume 5 billion shares dilution by 2024, and consistent growth trajectory with a PE20, an estimate share price of RM3.2 by 2025, paying 5 million is a reasonable cost for holding 21 million shares of something that I would have bought in the first place, with the added possibility of a upward swing on market rerating should the business perform better than expected.

In my opinion, Serba the company is running on the same legs as baker hughes and haliburton in its growth stage, by building up competency in its offices around the world, producing and training its own team of servicemen and software application in O&M services to increase efficiency. If they keep on the same track record and increasing its competency and footprint around the world in the same way, I don't see why the overall addressable market for serba cannot reach the same level.

I think Serba can definitely be a USD 4 billion company in the long run, if it is run as efficiently as haliburton (previously USD20b company) and baker hughes (USD30b company), but it depends on how serba comes out of this oil and covid crisis.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-15 16:47 | Report Abuse

Karim has shown ambition and vision.....

but people also don't know how badly hurt is UAE and Qatar.....I also got serba beside K power and Scib.......

PureBULL ...

2,516 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2020-05-15 16:52 | Report Abuse

long # p,

U should try to sell OnG stocks on spike or spurt up.
OIL just crashed weeks ago. these stocks at best could trade in a band, if u know how to max those #.
Base on past trends, OIL price being in purebear will take yrs to recover.
With shale oil supply, this time unlikely to past wti usd50.
all oil major n minor loss their lustrous.

GLOVES r euphoric this week, by courtesy of topglov special run.
They should correct n then consolidate for 2 to 4 months in preparation for next MAJOR 5, an explosive 1 too.

U know I did condemned abt gloves 1 yr ago n u wouldn't too happy abt it.
But 2 months ago I was so crazzy on gloves, the only purebull stocks then n now ...

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-15 17:10 | Report Abuse

As for trading in a band and doing short term trades, have you looked at the commissions and costs that I pay for my positions? It makes no sense giving out hundreds of thousands in commissions (you can look at the costs I pay on average in my transactions group) for trading activities, which win 6/10 trades most of the time on average.

For playing small money I think it is ok. But if you are trading with far larger sums, the costs alone will kill you.

I paid almost 200K in commissions on my stock investments YOY.

That is a pretty penny to pay for trying to time the market.

>>>>>>>>

U should try to sell OnG stocks on spike or spurt up.
OIL just crashed weeks ago. these stocks at best could trade in a band, if u know how to max those #.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-15 17:18 | Report Abuse

I would rather play with the certainty of TIME instead of timing the market. In the long run, oil selling at -37 USD is not normal but a very rare occurance.

If you assume that this will be the new normal and oil prices will always be low, then I believe TIME will prove you wrong.

In any case, by looking at the beaten down industry and choosing the wonderful company that no one wants to pay a high price anymore to own, I can build up a much larger position without causing a liquidity flux. By the time the position is built, the O&G market would have recovered.

My timeline for O&G stocks is 24 dec 2024. If what I believe is true, and many more oil companies will go under, the consolidation of prices will be far swifter than expected, and those companies left standing will benefit greatly when the consolidation comes.

As I cannot know when Covid will end, just as I cannot know when oil prices will go up, I prefer to just invest in wonderful companies at fair prices and wait while enjoying my dividends.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-16 14:07 | Report Abuse

philips

u see oil prices going up recently........its an illusion. Actually what happened is just narrowing of gap between immediate month and further out months .......

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/crude%20oil%20-%20electronic

prices for Feb 2021 deliveries have been at this level last couple of weeks...........

illusion....market commentators live in illusion.
markets....markets live in illusion.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-16 20:23 | Report Abuse

In sorry, your timeline and my timeline is very different. My investment in 2019/2020 has already returned me 60% over a year with a return of 6.7m over a 11m capital employed. For me that return is more than enough to wait through o&g return to positive earnings in 2024 and beyond.

I don't know about your trading methods, but for me the rational thing is to buy o&g stocks now when no one even wants to look at it. It is currently the lowest price it has been on in 19 years.

The last time oil prices were this low was when I lost everything during the Asian financial crisis.

The average 10 year price was around 65. In the long run, oil prices will definitely recover even though now it may not seem that way. There will be a huge consolidation after the bankruptcy and closure of multiple o&g companies. Those that survive will see a lot of long term growth after the consolidation.

I don't know exactly when this will happen. But I am confident in the long term that this will happen.

I think if you were unable to predict that gloves would do so well this year, and buy big into glove stocks, then you will also be unable to predict what will happen 6 months and 1 year from now.

But my method is far simpler. There are only a few companies that are captains of industry. Even in o&g industry there are companies which are growing and making profits even through this oil crisis. At the low prices which they are selling for, all I have to do is buy them when entire world doesn't want them. The dividends and my past earnings is enough to pay for my daily needs ( which can be very low I realized after mco), 5 years from now, you can bet your bottom dollar that the o&g industry will look far brighter.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-16 20:52 | Report Abuse

I think Philip had been exaggerating with 60% gain todate loh...!!

Yes his one topgloves make good monies, but almost all his other stocks like gkent, serba, pchem, yinson are really big losers mah..!!

How can one big of top gloves cover all his boo boo leh ??

Philip need to mark to market all his stocks loh...!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 16, 2020 8:23 PM | Report Abuse

In sorry, your timeline and my timeline is very different. My investment in 2019/2020 has already returned me 60% over a year with a return of 6.7m over a 11m capital employed. For me that return is more than enough to wait through o&g return to positive earnings in 2024 and beyond.

Sold my last batch of topglove at 10.20 @ 523.8K shares. I must say, this covid has really got me spooked. I usually prefer to hold shares as long as possible, but with the super speculative demand for glove counters + the fact that almost everyone has sold all their O&G stocks to pile into gloves, means that rationally, I have to sell, especially when the speculation is so great. I have shifted fully into cratered O&G stocks, GKENT and QL over this period as the stocks with a huge growth potential but still selling at a reasonable price. It has been a great 10 year ride, but sometimes when you have to make choices on what stocks to buy and what to sell.

My O&G picks for the next 5-10 years are those that are unaffected by the price of oil, or will greatly benefit from a low price/ high supply low demand environment:

1. Serba Dinamik - O&M works supplier. A muslim company working in muslim nations where oil price is still profitable selling at low prices compared to the rest of the world. And they pay no tax over there, via labuan connection.
2. Yinson - Charter rates and day payment with firm long term contracts. As the awarded contracts have not been canceled yet, and they always need a place to store oil in the current environment, Yinson should be looking to profit greatly.
3. PCHEM - Low prices of raw materials equals higher margins in sales prices. With averaging down in prices to further lows, my average cost has dropped to RM6.3 per share. As the IPO price for pchem was RM5, and I have managed to buy a bulk of my shares below IPO prices, I think I am very confident of a good return in the future once PIC goes full production. YTD I have received 36 cents in dividend, bringing me almost 760K in dividends to date. I can afford to wait it out.

My estimates is for the market to recover within the next 2-3 years to normal level (oil prices at 47+), and for the share price confidence to return.

Who knows, with China figures coming up fast and relevant, this may be a really short sneeze instead.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-05-16 21:44 | Report Abuse

wow... sold all gloves holding and buy into O&G... hmm, gambling? but you have holding power maybe ok.... well, only time will tell, wish you all the best (and i hope you will be right)!

i3lurker

13,826 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2020-05-16 22:46 | Report Abuse

I am "still wary" of buying banned products.

Home heating gas already been banned near future, 2025 for UK

Petrol engined cars already been banned by 9 countries some as early as 2035 (UK) objective transition to full electric.

guess the logic of buying O & G now is that we will be all dead come 2035 so might as well "huat" final round.

Airbus already using more and more % of biodiesel.

the screw is tightening on O & G, cannot run away. O & G is just a short term play of Pump and Dump before Final Product Ban.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-16 23:57 | Report Abuse

For those who think the renewable and green energy is here, please refer to Michael Moore, my favorite documentarist.

https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 00:09 | Report Abuse

I encourage young investors to think rationally and not emotionally.

Understand the concept of risk. Intrinsic value margin of safety risk ( FA risk). SMA volatility in price trends ( ta risk). And Intrinsic business model and competitiveness risk ( QA risk). Obviously the entire industry is at 20 year lows. And obviously not all o&g companies will survive. But for those few wonderful companies that can survive and thrive, you will be buying cash rich companies with consistent growing revenue and earnings. A global presence that can consolidate and eat market share from bankrupted competitors. Best of all, buying a business that had double digits growth for many years with long term profits and assets, and buying it at pre IPO prices.

You just need to look at the business beyond the macros.

And also enjoy watching paint dry.

No one makes money buying gloves now. Those who made 10x, they bought it years ago.

Gambling is about putting money now to get more money in the future. Investment is about gambling with calculated risk. You could say I'm a gambler. But I could also say I only gamble in games that I have a high chance of winning.

Thanks and wish you all the best too.

>>>>>>>>>

blood7 wow... sold all gloves holding and buy into O&G... hmm, gambling? but you have holding power maybe ok.... well, only time will tell, wish you all the best (and i hope you will be right)!
16/05/2020 9:44 PM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 00:14 | Report Abuse

My trackable online portfolio has right up there. Do you know how to use it? You can check group transactions and see the performance of my "1 year" trade in topglove. The returns is right there.

Maybe you never started a portfolio before. You may not be that you cannot delete entries or edit them. Only add.

But maybe you should start one too, so we can actually see if you can raid stocks, because you results a bit bullshit la.

>>>>>>>>>

stockraider I think Philip had been exaggerating with 60% gain todate.!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 00:17 | Report Abuse

Mark to market? You can just use the tools at the top right corner to do the analysis if you want to. I'm sure my results beat yours any day. Your NETX 2 cents, hengyuan rm35, sapura rm3, Insas rm1, bjcorp, you sure you making money long term in stock market? Maybe that's why you still driving that myvi around everywhere. You should quit your grab driver job and concentrate on picking stocks properly. Saves you more money instead.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 07:44 | Report Abuse

Yeah...having gone to University Malaya u should understand...time value for monies mah...!!

Every year u should compute your stock performance & portfolio value based on annulaized mark to market return mah...!!

U cannot tell people u had make 60%...just bcos u make monies selling topgloves but did not record your huge losers bcos u did not sell mah......!!

Sohai 3iii...always tell people he make few 1000% bcos he hang on to a stock he bought 15 years ago....but for the latest year the actual fact he lose monies bcos he never mark to market every year mah...!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 12:17 AM | Report Abuse

Mark to market? You can just use the tools at the top right corner to do the analysis if you want to. I'm sure my results beat yours any day. Your NETX 2 cents, hengyuan rm35, sapura rm3, Insas rm1, bjcorp, you sure you making money long term in stock market? Maybe that's why you still driving that myvi around everywhere. You should quit your grab driver job and concentrate on picking stocks properly. Saves you more money instead.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 07:45 | Report Abuse

Another opportunity mah..!!

If u open your eye wide & bright u would have bought Hengyuan easily at rm 2.40 to rm 2.50 level mah...!!

Within less than 3 months u already sitting on a gain of more than 50% mah....!!

Remember market fall is opportunity loh...!!
ahfah being a vegetable fellow understand this opportunity & capitalise on it mah..!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 7:22 AM | Report Abuse

How is ah fah doing now? Still selling vegetables in the market? Maybe if she stop gambling her son can actually go to university instead of buy big at highest prices now need to help mom sell vegetables in the market. So pathetic, why she listen to stoneraider buy big at 0.365 with 40 billion orders etc. Now sapura worth what...9 cents. The share 1 lot worth less than toilet paper.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 09:12 | Report Abuse

Enough bullshit, you can ask me mark to market, but when ask you to maintain a portfolio, you give so many excuses. You are so fake, its so clear.

Even the blind can see, mark to market is based on stock to stock buy and sell returns, as portfolio unrealized profit/losses are transitional until you cut loss/cut win.

Even warren buffet laugh at you la.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-decries-accounting-rule-change-that-has-made-a-mess-of-berkshires-earnings-142751564.html

For my portfolio, operating earnings are what is left after you buy a stock and you sell it for profit/loss.

Selling is just as important as buying. Like your mark to market of hengyuan from 2.50 to 4.50 to 18.50. What is the point of numbers going up and down when you bought at RM8 and it goes up to RM18 (and you forget to sell and say it is worth RM35). Then it drops to 10 and you sell it off (you only make a gain of RM2), but you say you are smart. But what you didn't reveal is you bought hengyuan at RM5 because it has dropped to low low price, just to see it go down by 50% to 2.50. Then your balls shrink and you scared to buy back just as it went up to 4.50.

So now when the share price drop to RM3.60, you brain confused don't know what to do.

So in the end you give excuses la. True or not?

>>>>>>>>>

Posted by stockraider > May 17, 2020 8:26 AM | Report Abuse

How to track leh ??

Everyday i make monies...just netx i bought 1 sen...within 1 day it is already 1.5 sen 50% gain mah...!!

My activity is brisk & fast...not suitable for your type of tracking loh....!!

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2020-05-17 09:38 | Report Abuse

To be fair i think stockraider system not easy to track, he is an active player, if he maintain tracking as suggested he will be too busy maintaining his account.

The tracking system suggested, is best use for long term investor where they have low activity

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 10:52 | Report Abuse

Oh so you know how many trades he makes every day yeah? I find it hard to believe that he will be too busy to maintain his account. He is obviously a part time trader, as he has already said he has a full time job in a courier despatch company

How many trades can a part time guy do?

I call bullshit, and he gives too many excuses. If he can type so much and talk so much in forum, he can certainly track his trades. But give him benefit of the doubt la.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:17 | Report Abuse

Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 16, 2020 11:57 PM | Report Abuse

For those who think the renewable and green energy is here, please refer to Michael Moore, my favorite documentarist.

https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE
============

saw it few weeks ago....I was shocked and didn't like it......

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:34 | Report Abuse

after 10 minutes, I didn't want to continue...

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:36 | Report Abuse

philips...........still no regrets putting up your portfolio for all to see?

worth it or not?

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:39 | Report Abuse

this raider is a troll........a no independent thinking troll..

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 11:46 | Report Abuse

Tell that to your supporter qqq loh...!!

Ask him to track like u have suggested mah...!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 10:52 AM | Report Abuse

Oh so you know how many trades he makes every day yeah? I find it hard to believe that he will be too busy to maintain his account. He is obviously a part time trader, as he has already said he has a full time job in a courier despatch company

How many trades can a part time guy do?

I call bullshit, and he gives too many excuses. If he can type so much and talk so much in forum, he can certainly track his trades. But give him benefit of the doubt la.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:46 | Report Abuse

ed by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 9:12 AM | Report Abuse

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-decries-accounting-rule-...

=========

Icap, PNB etc unrealised gains/losses re taken to reserves, not P/L.........

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 11:48 | Report Abuse

qqq,

Can u track your performance as your master philip suggested loh ??

Posted by qqq33333333 > May 17, 2020 11:39 AM | Report Abuse

this raider is a troll........a no independent thinking troll..

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:53 | Report Abuse

me? my tracking is in the RHB portfolio page........

but what Philips says also very important...
------------------

For my portfolio, operating earnings are what is left after you buy a stock and you sell it for profit/loss.

Selling is just as important as buying. Like your mark to market of hengyuan from 2.50 to 4.50 to 18.50. What is the point of numbers going up and down when you bought at RM8 and it goes up to RM18 (and you forget to sell and say it is worth RM35). Then it drops to 10 and you sell it off (you only make a gain of RM2), but you say you are smart. But what you didn't reveal is you bought hengyuan at RM5 because it has dropped to low low price, just to see it go down by 50% to 2.50. Then your balls shrink and you scared to buy back just as it went up to 4.50.

So now when the share price drop to RM3.60, you brain confused don't know what to do.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 11:56 | Report Abuse

investors whole day looking at mark to market also no good....investors are better off don't look at market to market........

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 11:57 | Report Abuse

U download Rhb paste here everyday loh...!!

Posted by qqq33333333 > May 17, 2020 11:53 AM | Report Abuse

me? my tracking is in the RHB portfolio page........

but what Philips says also very important...
------------------

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 12:00 | Report Abuse

every thing comes back to character and attitude...but character and attitude are also rare commodities............

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 12:02 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 12:09 | Report Abuse

me? I do not need the additional pressure of gazing eyes........furthermore I am not even an investor...I am a trader.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 12:11 | Report Abuse

Philip,

qqq your supporter already explain why it is not practical to track mah..!!

Posted by qqq33333333 > May 17, 2020 12:09 PM | Report Abuse

me? I do not need the additional pressure of gazing eyes........furthermore I am not even an investor...I am a trader.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 12:13 | Report Abuse

No excuse but must have common sense loh...!!

Posted by stockraider > May 17, 2020 12:11 PM | Report Abuse X

Philip,

qqq your supporter already explain why it is not practical to track mah..!!

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-17 12:54 | Report Abuse

Its all about character and attitude...........and Philips has all the necessary character and attitude to be a successful investor........

the only question I want to ask is...Is it worth it putting your portfolio for all to see..........

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 13:04 | Report Abuse

Sohairaider, why you keep telling other people what to do? You are the one keep telling me my performance fake la, sohai la, this la that la. You everytime talk so loud, now as you to perform you have erectile dysfuntion? Why are you still keep talking? If don't want to track your own performance then why you so smart want to comment on mine and what I should do with my money?

If you dont want to track you performance, then fxxk off la. You are really wasting time here. You want to be sifu tell everyone what to do and promote you sapura, but you dont want to show how you make money from sapura and netx. Bullshit la.

>>>>>>>>

Posted by stockraider > May 17, 2020 12:02 PM | Report Abuse

Just go and do it, track your performance loh...don talkcock mah...!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 14:48 | Report Abuse

Philip is another big sohai loh...!!

He don like raider telling his macai qqq what to do, but this sohai Philip want to tell raider what to do loh....!!

Already explain....that his idea is not practical by many people such as gohku, qqq beside raider loh...!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 1:04 PM | Report Abuse

Sohairaider, why you keep telling other people what to do? You are the one keep telling me my performance fake la, sohai la, this la that la. You everytime talk so loud, now as you to perform you have erectile dysfuntion? Why are you still keep talking? If don't want to track your own performance then why you so smart want to comment on mine and what I should do with my money?

If you dont want to track you performance, then fxxk off la. You are really wasting time here. You want to be sifu tell everyone what to do and promote you sapura, but you dont want to show how you make money from sapura and netx. Bullshit la.

>>>>>>>>

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-17 15:05 | Report Abuse

I thought sohai Philip also hold more than 50% in oil & gas industry loh.....!!

Serba, Yinson and Pchem all in oil & gas industry loh...!!

Pls don bad mouth others when u r the same mah...!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > May 17, 2020 2:57 PM | Report Abuse

Before I forget, or if you didn't listen to the interview, the stocks that Ian Yoong is currently holding right now are O&G stocks and small cap businesses in malaysia. KAB is also one of his holdings.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-17 15:46 | Report Abuse

What bad mouth? Sohai Lau. You never watch the video simply talk cock again. Me and Ian both are going deep into o&g stocks for certain companies because we see value. What badmouth others? You don't even hold any stocks give so many excuses talk so much for what?

Show me some results please if you want to insult others.

Already can earn 50% from star but you become greedy hold too long got la.

Greedy sohai.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-18 16:41 | Report Abuse

Those who do not bother to track their own results will never learn how to improve on it. Only if you are willing to do the hard work and learn from your mistakes, then you will be able to grow further and improve on your investments.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-18 20:16 | Report Abuse

Someone reposted this in the forum, I do not know whether it is true or not. Let us monitor the upcoming results of serbadk and match it to the belief of OTB.

I do not know if he wrote and sent this comment to his subscribers.

Final decision is always yours.

>>>>>>>>>

Dear valued clients,

Please note that Carimin and Penergy reported losses in the last quarter result released today and yesterday respectively.
I want to play safe in my investment, I had sold all my Oil and Gas Maintenance players stocks yesterday and today for a good profit.
I believe the quarter results of Dayang, Deleum and Serbadk may not be good, I really do not know the actual performance.
I suggest you sell them first and buy back later.
Please also read my comments in my last weekly report.

The final decision is always yours.

Thank you.
Ooi

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-18 20:45 | Report Abuse

Very wise words from a famous source.

>>>>>>>>>

Many governments require large investors to periodically report their holdings. These filings are public. One can compare reports between periods to see which stocks talented professionals bought.

In America, money managers with at least $100 million in assets under management are required to file a quarterly report that lists—with some exceptions—their U.S. stock holdings. Called a 13F, the report is due 45 days after the close of a quarter. They’re posted at www.sec.gov. Check midway through February, May, August, and November.

Mining 13Fs has many limitations. Understanding them helps to make the tactic work.

The first limitation is that one has to know which professionals are worth following. Outperforming mutual fund managers are easy to spot, since their track records are public and clear. But private fund managers may share their records only with clients. And professionals that run portfolios inside larger companies—even listed ones—may never detail their histories.

One can’t really know if a professional is worth following before seeing a track record. Fame is not a proxy for performance. I am routinely struck by the high profile of some perennial laggards, and the anonymity of some total stars.

Sslee

5,917 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-05-18 21:32 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
This is the question I put forward to INSAS BOD during 2017 AGM.
Question: Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) disclosed a list of investment in listed equities in excess of RM 10 million market value. Shareholders requested for a detailed tabulation of quoted securities assets in FY 2018 Annual Report for better transparency, good governance and accountability

Answer: The full details of quoted securities are not required to be disclosed in the annual reports under the Listing Requirements, Companies Act or MFRS. If such disclosures do not compromise the confidentiality of the investment strategies of the Group, the Board will consider providing further analysis in future annual reports.

Do you know why Listing Requirements, Companies Act or MFRS did not required listed company to disclose fully their Financial assets at fair value thro’ profit or loss (Quoted shares)?

Thank you

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-18 21:46 | Report Abuse

that ex Cimb guy got share his portfolio meh?

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-18 21:50 | Report Abuse

super bull in Gloves... Harta last quarter only made $130 million. seems like primary force that move shares are illusions and assumptions

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-18 22:56 | Report Abuse

Serba is an international company with most of its earnings from Middle east...with diversified between OG, EPCC, generators for dams
.The OG OTB plays are small local companies depending on Petronas...........

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-18 23:04 | Report Abuse

I understand what the goals are.

However, if companies like Berkshire that is x times larger than INSAS consider it important to treat shareholders like partners and be as transparent as possible through the good and bad, I don't see why we cannot hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Question: do you know why Bernie Madoff was able to get away over such a long period?

>>>>>>>>>>>

Answer: The full details of quoted securities are not required to be disclosed in the annual reports under the Listing Requirements, Companies Act or MFRS. If such disclosures do not compromise the confidentiality of the investment strategies of the Group, the Board will consider providing further analysis in future annual reports.

Do you know why Listing Requirements, Companies Act or MFRS did not required listed company to disclose fully their Financial assets at fair value thro’ profit or loss (Quoted shares)?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-18 23:10 | Report Abuse

Do you read annual reports cover to cover? Or are you the type to just look at certain metrics and forget the rest? For me, I usually further the first few pages of the annual report into sustainability report. But the back half I basically memorize to bring up later when I need to crunch numbers.

The best bits of the annual report are at the back pages. That's where the meat is.

Do you read the last few pages of annual reports? The information can be very interesting.

If you look closely, you will know who is in the top 30 shareholders and who hold independent directorships. Do you know who are the top 30 shareholders of kab?

>>>>>>>>>>

qqq33333333 that ex Cimb guy got share his portfolio meh?
18/05/2020 9:46 PM

i3lurker

13,826 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2020-05-18 23:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz