12 people like this.

2,633 comment(s). Last comment by Windy1974 2 months ago

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 10:41 | Report Abuse

The secret of Philip's investing formula....a rich in law....

Not in shares mkt?

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 10:44 | Report Abuse

Swapping PB Bank with Pchen in 2019

Which one gives higher return now??

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 11:06 | Report Abuse

Are you asking or calculating? You can easily take a look at when my initial purchase of pchem started, 8.18 in 2019 January and compare the price today and the dividends receive.

Or better yet, since you have trouble calculating, why not ask your in law to help? Here let me do you one better. In that time period 4th January, I started with 8.18, I received 1.07 in dividends until today ( not including the 25 cent coming next month), and the share price is 8.69.

Why don't you do some simple math and tell me how much you would have gotten from investing in pb during that same period?

15 minutes ago

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 2022-08-28 11:50 | Report Abuse

Oh, mr watch paint dry using in law money to invest ke? No wonder so conservative and cannot accept criticism la. Make wrong decision then die die hold and pray hard one day will come back kikikiki

Posted by stockraider > 2022-08-28 12:08 | Report Abuse

REMEMBER this important Principle mah!
In investment u can never avoid some losses, but u must understand whether this losses are temporary or permanent loh ?
If temp u hold on loh!
If permanent u cut mah!

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 15 minutes ago | Report Abuse

Oh, mr watch paint dry using in law money to invest ke? No wonder so conservative and cannot accept criticism la. Make wrong decision then die die hold and pray hard one day will come back kikikiki

Posted by AlsvinChangan > 2022-08-28 13:19 | Report Abuse

WHY some people is so bitter about others portfolio ?

THEY are only Right others always Wrong ?

IS their bitterness a reflection of their own great experiences previously ?

SOME can have 3 WIN and 7 LOSS still make lot of money

SOME have 7 WIN and 3 LOSS still become near bankrupt

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 14:36 | Report Abuse

Only know how to talk but still don't know how to calculate? Have you figured out my pchem Vs harta is it loss opportunity cost or gain?

Philip is a very successful long term investor for sure....

Not fm stock mkt lah....

3 hours ago

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 14:45 | Report Abuse

I only know u hv a very rich in law n why u seems to hv super high ego in I3....

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 14:46 | Report Abuse

That is more interesting to me lah

N it can explain yr funny behaviour here

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 14:46 | Report Abuse

Still haven't figured out?
Pchem 4th January 2019, 8.18. price today 8.69. dividends 1.07, my ROI unrealized+ dividends - 19%
Pb 4th January 2019, price 24.5. price today 23.15. dividends received 1.62. ROI realized + dividends - 3% return

Do you want me to teach you how to count? But if you think holding PB is a far better choice for you then I really have nothing to say

3 hours ago

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:06 | Report Abuse

Seriously Philip, If u have time u better spend it to study more abt glove mkt (and yr Harta) in the near future....

Rather than wasting time for those petty matters like my Pchem is better than PB Bank (making 5 or 6 percent return higher etc ) and I m doing very good n my in law says I m very panlai

WTF for all these leh...U maybe 70+ now but yr mentality is just like 7 years old

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:11 | Report Abuse

How much is yr paper loss in Harta now....Will ASP continue to drop in the next few years.... will Harta started to post Q losses if so how long will they suffer so shall i continue to buy more at 1.50 1.40 1.30 1.20 1.00 0.80 0.60 0.50

This is much more crucial to you lah

Proving yr return in PChem is better than PB Bank is meaningless...

Ops maybe its more meaningful to yr In Law so you will not kena cucuk by him?

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:18 | Report Abuse

Drops more buy more U scare the Co will close shop meh (The famous quote by Dr.Edwin in Serbak's case)

If I m not mistaken (I could be wrong) Philip did apply this positive long term investment attitude in Aokam during 1990s...At the end he almost gone broke (at that time he has yet to have rich in law i think)

Second time Philip did this in Pchem (fm Rm8+ to RM4+) n this round he made it n PCHEM becomes his only successful investment case in I3

Posted by stockraider > 2022-08-28 15:18 | Report Abuse

Philip has a big realised paper gain on TG share disposal mah , thus should be able withstand any storm on Gloves ASP decline impacting on harta mah!

Long term at below Rm 1.80 accumulation should benefit mah!

Posted by CharlesT > 3 minutes ago | Report Abuse

How much is yr paper loss in Harta now....Will ASP continue to drop in the next few years.... will Harta started to post Q losses if so how long will they suffer so shall i continue to buy more at 1.50 1.40 1.30 1.20 1.00 0.80 0.60 0.50

This is much more crucial to you lah

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:20 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > 1 minute ago | Report Abuse

Philip has a big realised paper gain on TG share disposal mah , thus should be able withstand any storm on Gloves ASP decline impacting on harta mah!

He also has very rich in law no worry even Harta drop below RM1.00 lah...RM0.50 also boh tai chi

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:21 | Report Abuse

Unlike me if i buy Harta now n it drops to RM0.50 later I tua tai chi....

My money is all hard earned one

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:22 | Report Abuse

Not everyone is as lucky as Philip

Posted by stockraider > 2022-08-28 15:23 | Report Abuse

This true loh...Philip has a bigger iron balls.....he can be very brave loh!

It is his nature to be brave mah!

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:30 | Report Abuse

Luck is one of the most important element in one's life

If u were born with a very rich daddy

If u married a rich man's daughter or son

Then u dont have to struggle like many of us here...trying very hard to earn peanuts day by day..and high chances are that so we will never ever reach the wealth level of Philip etc

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:32 | Report Abuse

So the final conclusion is Philip won.

No matter how good or how bad his shares investment skill....

He won.

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:39 | Report Abuse

Philip must be very happy to defeat me again.....bsides his QL vs my MNRB bet.....ya ya ya

Posted by probability > 2022-08-28 15:42 |

Posted by probability > 2022-08-28 15:43 | Report Abuse

i wish both of them show their skills by showing real life trading updates here....

Posted by probability > 2022-08-28 15:45 | Report Abuse

Just record all your buy and sell transaction on your blog and compare for a year on the % return...apa macam?

others also can join

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:45 | Report Abuse

U can only find one Philip in I3....

U can only find one CharlesT in I3....

Posted by probability > 2022-08-28 15:47 | Report Abuse

last remaining dinosaurs of i3 looks like..hope they dont extinct

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-08-28 15:47 | Report Abuse

money whether fake or not did not help him even a teeny weeny bit

I thought I was toxic in scolding people ...
... ... until I saw this toxic exponential power to a Billion old man on i3
I actually am so glad that there is someone so much more toxic than me in this world.

old man is very deeply unhappy.
a fake portfolio did not help to make him happy.
looks like nothing ever will make him happy.

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-08-28 15:49 | Report Abuse

Philip chooses to show his so called real portfolio in I3 a public forum for his very own reason

Then prepare to receive the feedback n comments whether it's good or bad ....positive or negative

Posted by probability > 2022-08-28 15:49 | Report Abuse

i thought it was a fashion show here comparing underwears...anyway i better dont masuk campur too much..

will escape from here now!.

Posted by CharlesT > Aug 28, 2022 3:47 PM | Report Abuse

U want me to tell u the colour of my underwear today or not?

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-08-28 15:57 | Report Abuse

not really
for Charles it will end up as an oranges and banana show
who has the Biggest one.

Posted by i3lurker > 2022-08-28 16:15 | Report Abuse

and Charles deleted his post

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2022-08-28 17:23 | Report Abuse

Don't talk kok. This is bulls*it and you know it.

The only person that can claim to trying to educate is Kcchongnz.

This delusional fantasist is just here for an ego trip.

Posted by stockraider > Aug 28, 2022 10:28 AM | Report Abuse

HAiyaaah just give Philip a break mah!

He is just trying to educate the mkt mah!

Good intention mah!

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 18:06 | Report Abuse

Totally agree with @arv18

Kcchongz is much more respectable in the sense he has the calling to write books sharing his investing experience. Also, he has what the old eunuch Philip lacks, which are courage and humility. Courage to show his face on YouTube to gain credibility, humility in accepting he may not be best investors in the world, but he shares what he knows and admits his short comings.(anyone interested can buy his book “the complete value investing guide that works”.These are the attributes the old man lacks and will never learn.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 18:09 | Report Abuse

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who don't know how to teach, talk far too much on forums and acting like trolls who who know more than they do.

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 18:14 | Report Abuse

Readers here should know: just because the old man records his transaction here doesn’t mean his stock positions and portfolio size is real. If you scroll up you’ll realize even before this whole dispute started, the thread has always been revolving around him proving and boasting to the world what a great investor he is or how any other stocks he doesn’t own in bursa are not worth investing. Unless you hold some of the stocks above, there’s no reason to butthurt in what I say because it is what it is.

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 18:16 | Report Abuse

See, he is spending whole day here battling with EVERYONE who disagrees with him.

Just stop for a second and think, will a real successful investor sit infront of the screen whole day arguing with the world?

This is a give away, you don’t have to be a genius to realize that.

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 18:19 | Report Abuse

I’ve spent more than half a day being productive off the grid, just done busying and came to visit the thread here, only to find out the old eunuch almost never left his seat since morning, he has been arguing with people here the whole day..if that is not pathetic I don’t know what is lol..

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2022-08-28 19:04 | Report Abuse

More apt usernames:

Philip ( buy what you understand)'s Portfolio

You know he is an insecure condescending clown just by reading his username "buy what you understand". So better change it to:

Philip ( 99 problems but Hartalega ain't one)'s Portfolio

Philip ( Use margin everyday to keep the profits at bay)'s Portfolio

Philip ( I have 1000 Telegram subscribers, do you have one?)'s Portfolio

Philip ( My In-laws think I'm clever)'s Portfolio

Philip ( Millionaire in my mind)'s Portfolio

Philip ( Double down to catch a falling knife with margin)'s Portfolio

Make sure to make it as LONG as possible so you know he never logs off because it would take too long to type it in again. Also put and apostrophe and s after the brackets to show high level of education.

Feel free to add to the list!

Hahahahaha.

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2022-08-28 20:09 | Report Abuse

Of course, who need to post actual screenshots like Serious Investing (Felicity) or Malaysia-Finance (Salvadore Dali). Just makeup whatever on i3.

Philip ( don't question me, 'cause its TRACKED in i3)'s Portfolio

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 20:17 | Report Abuse

When push comes to shove, kids will never show up.

They only like to talk and hide behind computer screen, but when you ask them to start maintaining their results on buying tguan and their portfolio, they just talk nonsense and hide behind expletives.

Can't expect more, when you ask them they say why want to show? Simply put. They have nothing, so everything is fake to them.

>>>>>>>>>>

Just record all your buy and sell transaction on your blog and compare for a year on the % return...apa macam?

others also can join

4 hours ago

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2022-08-28 20:26 | Report Abuse

Another Philip classic:

Philip ( disagree with me and be labeled a kid)'s Portfolio

Very panlai at using ad hominems and straw mans:

Philip ( you have no TRACKED portfolio, so who are you?)'s Portfolio

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 20:42 | Report Abuse

Old eunuch, stop demanding others to show their portfolio. No one is obliged to do so. You decided to fabricate a fake portfolio doesn’t mean others should follow suit. Even if someone decides to share their portfolio here, it still means jackshet because there’s no accountability, such as yours.

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 20:46 | Report Abuse

Not sure if you are blind or deaf, if you have balls then write a book like kcchongz did, show up in public and introduce yourself to the world. Don’t tell us crap like no incentive la no profit etc, if it were so then you shouldn’t be creating a portfolio here to begin with.

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 20:49 | Report Abuse

You wanted to share your experience right? Do it like a man and don’t act like a coward.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 22:45 | Report Abuse

If there is no accountability then why don't you just just grow up and start one? At the very least we can see just how much is you position size in supermax ql and your tguan that you just follow blindly without even understanding what you have bought.

Let's just see you try to receive the same criticism that you are trying to place on others.

But looks like kids will only talk big.

When it comes time to show up, they hide and run away and give excuses.

The difference between adults and children is in how they approach problems.

I choose to display a trackable portfolio publicly not for you but for the many others who actually care about the process more than the results. And the only way to know the process is to see how people reply when the chips are down.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 22:59 | Report Abuse

For those that care to learn things, the real advantage of this portfolio is not to show off or brag, but it is simply a historical accounts of what happened when things are bad, how people respond, what they say and what happens later.

Take for example this comment in 2020 may when pchem was selling at 4.45, and people were bashing it and analysts were predicting value at 3.25.

how does one actually have conviction to buy low and sell high?

That is the major question that everyone wants to learn but no one answers.

How did pchem become 50% of my portfolio?

Why am I buying hartalega in bulk now at 1.65?

Whether or not the results will show is very simple. If you look carefully, it took 3 years for my investment in pchem to come back, with huge drops in between. Instead of walking away, I added more over time.

Same thing with harta. I started at 6, and now buying more at 1.65.

As of now bar a crystal ball, no one will know if I made a good decision or bad decision in buying so much of hartalega.

But what I can say is this: come back in 3 years ( where my time horizon is 5-10) and see if I was right on hartalega or not.

Posted by Sslee > 2020-05-20 20:37 | Report Abuse

I3lurker,
I cash out my Pchem after reading this Q1 result. So tonight still got Bintang Beer and lobster.

For its olefins and derivatives segment, PetChem maintained a plant utilisation rate of 100%, which it said resulted in higher production and sales volume.
However, the average product prices for the segment declined following the decrease in crude oil prices and softer demand. Revenue sank 13% to RM2.4 billion from RM2.75 billion in 1QFY19.
The segment recorded a loss after tax of RM17 million, largely due to lower earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) and net share of losses from associates.

On the fertilisers and methanol front, the group's plant utilisation rate stood at 90% compared with 92% in 1QFY19. This was mainly due to a higher level of planned maintenance activities, resulting in lower production.
"However, we were able to maintain the sales volume," it said, adding that average product prices for the segment were lower due to weaker demand coupled with ample supply.
Revenue for the segment decreased 8% to RM1.26 billion from RM1.37 billion, primarily attributed to the decline in product prices. Ebitda increased by RM5 million or 1% to RM592 million following lower operating expenditure. However, profit after tax was comparable, the group said

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 23:01 | Report Abuse

What an idi0t..you can’t understand English? Or you have can’t comprehend what it means by no one is obliged to show their portfolio like you did? You chose to show it then be ready to accept criticism. Old man sit infront of the computer fight with everyone the whole day yet trying to portray as someone who has portfolio size with tens of millions, totally shameless and ridiculous!

Maxpowar

304 posts

Posted by Maxpowar > 2022-08-28 23:03 | Report Abuse

It’s no wonder kcchongz is able to garner more respect, investment aside, he has class and knows when to shut his mouth. Unlike you, what have you got? A big fat mouth full of lies, and a sky high ego which no one appreciates.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 23:08 | Report Abuse

For those that actually care to look at how I construct my portfolio and how I buy, I follow the munger prabai style.

1. Identify growth stocks with excellence that one would feel comfortable owning for the next 10 years.
2. Pay a fair price for it. Don't need to wait for absolute bottom.
3. Concentrated buying. Keep a small portfolio of stocks that you understand well and have excellent management and good long term roe.
4. Bet big. My main stocks are 45% concentrated on one main stock ( pchem) with the highest return at lowest risk ( and yes family money inside so risk has to be absolutely manageable with high upside, 3 at 15% with higher risk but higher reward opportunity, and smaller percentage on far higher risk with higher rewards ( serba, kpower,scib, skp). The trick is to always understand the business risk versus the growth of returns possible.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-08-28 23:10 | Report Abuse

Always learn to understand risk to reward scenarios. Not in terms of fundamentals and annual reports which is a snapshot of what happens before. But the business itself in terms of execution risk, the competitors and rivals growth etc