19 people like this.

216 comment(s). Last comment by xuewen 2016-12-15 12:14

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-13 14:03 | Report Abuse

gadang....at 90sen ( cum all of $ 2.25) is not cheap in historical terms......you been warned,.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-12-13 14:05 | Report Abuse

stockmammy bot 3 shares you all must bought more than 3 shares for the share price to go up for stockmammy to earn enought to buy vegetables for you to eat. you are stockmammy's step sons and daughters and stockmamy is your step mother of stock market. Yhis is people motives. You have to understand Gadang's motives and not the motives of people who buy Gadang's shares or else you become stockmammy's vegetables. If people who buy Gadang's shares have stockmanny's motives you have to have your own motives, forget about vegetables so that you don't become the next paichai.

keke

784 posts

Posted by keke > 2016-12-13 14:13 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy,

At 90sen, it is cum all of $2.17. How come a charted accountant also can calculate wrong? u must be talking too much por lan pa stuff until forgot how to calculate.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-13 14:15 | Report Abuse

Joel Greenblatt can be successful
But the problem is can the same success be copied again for the other people?
Investing is getting ever more competitive like never before, the same success from the yesteryear is unlikely can be copied again in today market.
Icap founder is the one who want to copy the same philosophy from the great teacher, and he may have learnt his lesson that success cannot be copied too.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-13 14:20 | Report Abuse

China can copy United State in economical model
However can it guarantee China can be successful like United State?
Although the China become a great economic powerhouse, I strongly believe it is not because of the copy model. China has its own unique economic model.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-13 14:25 | Report Abuse

keke

quarrel over $ 2.25 or $ 2.17.......no wonder you are ikan bilis and KYY is KYY.

keke

784 posts

Posted by keke > 2016-12-13 14:31 | Report Abuse

i am talking to u wor, how come u bring out KYY. hahaha...por lan pa...yes, i am ikan bilis. who am i to compare myself with him. it is not my intention here.

stockmanmy keke

quarrel over $ 2.25 or $ 2.17.......no wonder you are ikan bilis and KYY is KYY.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-13 14:43 | Report Abuse

If success can be copied
We shall be thousands of Steve Jobs copies
Warren copies, Obama copies, Trump copies. it is a clone war
:D

chaishen

1,902 posts

Posted by chaishen > 2016-12-13 14:54 | Report Abuse

KYY put up his opinion and strategy in a very simple and understandable manner.
I agree with KYY, KCChong lack business sense. Complicated analyse sometime misleading

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-12-13 14:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 13, 2016 01:51 PM | Report Abuse

bintang.....both KYY and I have written extensively on Gadang. Either you believe or you don't.

I bought a little bit with play play money at 91.5 sen on determination of ESOS pricing. For one reason or another, shares generally do well for 1 or 2 weeks after after determination of such pricing because this is the marketing period.....after that it is previous trend resumes.

stockmanmy,

it is not how many articles you and KYY had written that matter. it is the content, whether it is accurate ,comprehensive, fair and unbiased the matter more . I also can write a few hundred articles here if you want to read?

do you aware you are not dealing with its value, you are focusing more on price movement that is determined more by market sentiment than its value . this more a gambling than investing based on your logic.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-13 15:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by chaishen > Dec 13, 2016 02:54 PM | Report Abuse
I agree with KYY, KCChong lack business sense. Complicated analyse sometime misleading

Please read this and tell us what business sense is

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/110836.jsp

Posted by younginvestor92 > 2016-12-13 15:12 | Report Abuse

Value investing is simple, either you get it or don't.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-13 15:17 | Report Abuse

And isn't this article all about common business sense?

Any "complicated analyze" in this article?

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-13 15:32 | Report Abuse

Gadang boss already said expecting job. Still got ppl tok sense here sense there...

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-13 15:35 | Report Abuse

tk

new job so what?

old jobs get finished, new jobs to replenish.

contractor, not factory.

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-13 15:35 | Report Abuse

tksw,
gadang got job no job another matter. sale of capital city 21 still not finished. so money will leak out from pockets full of holes.
A sure buy and hold is Drb as ECommerce going full time when Jackma comes on March 2017.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-13 15:37 | Report Abuse

like e commerce and Pos...go buy Pos la....why bother with DRB?

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-13 15:40 | Report Abuse

Pos going to be taken private by Drb soon. Drb, khazanah and Epf already taken 70% of Pos. So Pos will soon be taken private. Drb also candidate for privatisation like Plus, Opus and Uem

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2016-12-13 16:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by calvintaneng > Dec 13, 2016 03:35 PM | Report Abuse

tksw,
gadang got job no job another matter. sale of capital city 21 still not finished. so money will leak out from pockets full of holes.
A sure buy and hold is Drb as ECommerce going full time when Jackma comes on March 2017.

calvin,

do you know what you are talking ?
if sale of of capital city already finished and gadang has got the money , then the price should be 9.0 not 0.9

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-13 16:12 | Report Abuse

bintang21

Not only not selling well, cost of sale last quarter report up while revenue is down!

Every promotional effort by capital city 21 at Johor Mall prime spaces incur extra admin cost!

See

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/5243833

3iii

12,787 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-13 16:29 |

Post removed.Why?

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-12-13 16:43 | Report Abuse

3iii: you have be very amusing so that your audience will think that you have common sense, wrote such boring or long and wrong story is teaching you or who to have common sense, could you please explain the direction of your generous intention.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-12-13 16:52 | Report Abuse

Fundamental value investing: pick you size or your kind of opponent to fight with to go into a fight with. The most important thing is the event has to be a fight and it has to have a winner only. This is the kind of company you want to look for that pick his size or his kind of opponent to fight with to go into a really is a fight. You want to fight enenies or your friends, how can you win if you only fight with your friends (good pe ratio or what) see? fight the enemies if you have balls that don't run. Find the kind the enemies that have balls also that don't run so you can kill the enemies and don't kill the balls so that you can have his balls that don't run away from you.

13/12/2016 16:50

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-13 17:17 | Report Abuse

Copying other successful people will guarantee you lose a fortune

chaishen

1,902 posts

Posted by chaishen > 2016-12-13 17:35 | Report Abuse

And isn't this article all about common business sense?

Any "complicated analyze" in this article?

Chaisen reply:

FA=Fundamental Analysis, is not business sense, you are trying to confuse the public.
good business sense is about developing a continually evolving understanding of the ever-changing dynamics of business climate and business direction.
good business sense think, reason, brainstorming and make decisions.

FA is the school business teaching, business sense learn through experience.
That is what KYY trying to tell you. But you seem like confuse and continue to confuse yourself

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-13 18:18 | Report Abuse

I pass my fight to caishen....really God of Fortune and determined fighter.

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-13 18:30 | Report Abuse

Chaishen sifu, in Stock Market, busniness sense oso not enough, U have to have sense of Penggoreng...

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-13 18:40 | Report Abuse

Such a big stock manipulator stand in front of you and you cannot see it, dun tok sense

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-13 18:41 | Report Abuse

must be a bit faint faint smelling the smell from the legs

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-13 19:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by chaishen > Dec 13, 2016 05:35 PM | Report Abuse
FA=Fundamental Analysis, is not business sense, you are trying to confuse the public.
good business sense is about developing a continually evolving understanding of the ever-changing dynamics of business climate and business direction.
good business sense think, reason, brainstorming and make decisions.

FA is the school business teaching, business sense learn through experience.
That is what KYY trying to tell you. But you seem like confuse and continue to confuse yourself

Many people use many kind of terms which are very subjective, especially those related to commerce kind of things, unlike maths and science.

I am amused you seem to know for sure what other said means for things like "Business sense". I am also equally amused that you know so well that some others have no "business sense".

"good business sense is about developing a continually evolving understanding of the ever-changing dynamics of business climate and business direction.
good business sense think, reason, brainstorming and make decisions."

I have never heard of any academic research showing one can make extra-ordinary return from investing in the stock market using your "business sense". Nor I have heard of anybody doing so well in the stoc market, just using your kind of "business sense".

Well, if you can, congratulations.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-12-13 20:07 | Report Abuse

There is no such thing as business sense in investing, period

If KYY so called business sense can work, he won't make one mistake after another (focus lumber, johotin, geshen, not to mention old flames mudajaya jayatiasa xingwuan etc)

"Business sense" is a term you quote when you can't justify your decisions to buy or sell something

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-13 20:09 | Report Abuse

Best quote in investing.

Posted by Icon8888 > Dec 13, 2016 08:07 PM | Report Abuse
"Business sense" is a term you quote when you can't justify your decisions to buy or sell something

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-12-13 20:15 | Report Abuse

For example : johotin is a complicated business. It has many moving parts such as raw material cost, competition, latest consumer preference, etc

Make Buy and sell decisions for johotin based on business sense ? You got to be kidding me....

The same applies to all other industries.

There might be certain truth if KYY claim he has business sense for construction companies. Apart from that, I don't buy it

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-13 20:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Dec 13, 2016 04:29 PM | Report Abuse

The first part on common sense in investing has dealt with selecting the great businesses with durable competitive advantage. They are the only stocks you need to own.

This is the second part on the topic of common sense to investing.

1, It is common sense that a great business can be often overpriced.

2. It is common sense that a great business can be a bad investment if you overpay to own it. (Don't overpay for growth).

3. It is common sense that to be a good investor you must be able to value the asset.

4. It is common sense that the best way to determine intrinsic value of an asset is to discount all its future cash flows by an appropriate discount rate (as taught by John Burr Williams).

5. It is common sense that the lower the price you pay below intrinsic value of the asset, the larger your margin of safety from potential loss.

6. It is common sense that the lower the price you pay below intrinsic value of the asset, the greater the potential for higher return on your investment.

7. It is common sense to stay with great businesses you understand (stay within your circle of competence).

8. It is common sense to seek out companies with managers of the highest integrity.

9. It is common sense that great businesses are difficult to find, once you own them, stay with them long term.

RAIDER SAYS;
IT IS COMMON SENSE U SHOULD START SELL UR OVERVALUE PET DAG BUY SOMETHING WITH BETTER PROSPECT, GROWTH & MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH !!

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2016-12-13 20:39 | Report Abuse

That's right Icon, understanding of the business model is very important. What are the factors that affect the revenues and costs. Market segments by product mix and by geographical locations.

High or low capex to drive growth, Nature of its bank borrowings, foreign or local, fixed or floating.

Positive free Cash flow in the long run to sustain dividend policy and earning growth. What is the underlying catalyst for next phase of growth; cost optimization, venture into new market or new product.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2016-12-13 20:43 | Report Abuse

Unfortunately common sense will only prevail if you do your homework.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2016-12-13 20:45 | Report Abuse

Don't forget to check on the grey area from reliable third party report such as rating agency etc.

chaishen

1,902 posts

Posted by chaishen > 2016-12-13 22:22 | Report Abuse

Icoon8888:
There is no such thing as business sense in investing, period
If KYY so called business sense can work, he won't make one mistake after another (focus lumber, johotin, geshen, not to mention old flames mudajaya jayatiasa xingwuan etc)

KC, quote:
I have never heard of any academic research showing one can make extra-ordinary return from investing in the stock market using your "business sense". Nor I have heard of anybody doing so well in the stoc market, just using your kind of "business sense"

Chaisen quote:
Let's me quote one example and the very famous ALIBABA, Did Alibaba make money until 2003, no no no and why goldman sach and softbank invested 5 and 20 mils. Jack Ma was offering free internet service, charging zero commission with taobao.com
Did Jack Ma using FA or TA? or just pure believe and strong business sense?

Another example Elon Mask-Space X and Tasla electric car

Risk Rider

849 posts

Posted by Risk Rider > 2016-12-13 22:31 | Report Abuse

Mr Warren willing to die for apple & Mr Buffet crazy about orange, when these 2 fruit Zealots meet someday in the street & argue who's fruit is the best, guess who can convince the other to give up their favourite fruit?

Risk Rider

849 posts

Posted by Risk Rider > 2016-12-13 22:34 | Report Abuse

Too many discussions held to stand for & argue which method the best.

It's getting to a dead end corner where no one will benefit as no one is willing to accept the differences & the superior/advantages of the other side.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-13 22:36 | Report Abuse

Posted by chaishen > Dec 13, 2016 10:22 PM | Report Abuse
Chaisen quote:
Let's me quote one example and the very famous ALIBABA, Did Alibaba make money until 2003, no no no and why goldman sach and softbank invested 5 and 20 mils. Jack Ma was offering free internet service, charging zero commission with taobao.com
Did Jack Ma using FA or TA? or just pure believe and strong business sense?
Another example Elon Mask-Space X and Tasla electric car

How many ventures people start everyday? How many Alibaba or Telsla are there?

Btw, are we talking about investing in the stock market here, or actual business venture?

KC, quote:
I have never heard of any academic research showing one can make extra-ordinary return from investing in the stock market using your "business sense". Nor I have heard of anybody doing so well in the stoc market, just using your kind of "business sense"

Risk Rider

849 posts

Posted by Risk Rider > 2016-12-13 22:36 | Report Abuse

For Mr Warren & Mr Buffet, as long as they continue to enjoy their fruit everyday, they are expected to be heathier than those never eat fruit. Right?

optimus9199

2,794 posts

Posted by optimus9199 > 2016-12-13 23:16 | Report Abuse

I dont understand why must we bring KYY into this discussion. Is he important?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-14 00:27 | Report Abuse

90% of the local fund is still having -ve return
10% of them are having +ve return and they are usually dividend income fund which have low return
It show if you are individual investor and only investing in local company, you are still losing money
Do you still believe the value investing still work in Klse despite the world market is having bull run and you are still losing money following the same value rule?

https://www.fundsupermart.com.my/main/fundinfo/compareFund.svdo?sectormaincode=EG&sectorareacode=FEY

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2016-12-14 00:48 | Report Abuse

Agreed with Risk Rider, too much talking & KC is now busy showing off his writing skill & trying to prove he is the one should be regarded as the best SIFU in i3, and how he is far superior than anyone else, in writing articleS.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2016-12-14 00:53 | Report Abuse

The value & the quality of KC's articles dropped tremendously recently, mainly due to his personal agenda rather than focusing in stock investment.

Ask yourself a simple question, can you earn money by reading KC's articles lately? The answer is obviously NOT.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-12-14 00:57 | Report Abuse

Still never end. Still someone trying to show off how damn good he or she is compared to a billionaire.
Come on, go get a life. Since you retire enjoy your good life there new Zealand play golf lah.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-14 07:48 | Report Abuse

On the issue of local funds having short term negative return...this is mainly due to short term condition loh....!!

Most of the losses....come from measuring mkt performance of less than 6 mths but if u look at measuring performance over more than 1 yr..most of the fund still make monies loh...!!

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-14 09:13 | Report Abuse

paperplane sifu, you oso have business sense arr?

tksw

12,380 posts

Posted by tksw > 2016-12-14 09:17 | Report Abuse

KLCI King, if I were to choose a sifu for my son, one of them will be KCChong sifu. by the way, you got any published articles or not? Let me read read, see can be a real sifu or not?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz