CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.51%)

Day's Change

7.84 - 7.97

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,453 comment(s). Last comment by stkoay 16 hours ago

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-29 16:08 | Report Abuse

do u guys think we can buy cimb shares at this cheap price always? I advise u all buy and keep. No regret at current price.

Vin Cullen

1,547 posts

Posted by Vin Cullen > 2014-10-29 16:24 | Report Abuse

Wow !! GOGOGO !! TP :RM6.80 !! :D

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-29 17:31 | Report Abuse

gimme 5 vin cullen!!!!

gohlai

469 posts

Posted by gohlai > 2014-10-29 17:40 | Report Abuse

seems like alot of fundhouse is stuck with this counter....they kept issuing new TP for them to sell...else their clients is going to fcuk them nicely...

gohlai

469 posts

Posted by gohlai > 2014-10-29 17:51 | Report Abuse

kenanga, maybank and HLG hold alot...so they keep asking you to buy....else their clients is going to slap them hard....haha...

gohlai

469 posts

Posted by gohlai > 2014-10-29 17:52 | Report Abuse

AMMB and MIDF are smart....thry didnt have this stock...so they tell you to HOLD...

Lonaldo Lo

206 posts

Posted by Lonaldo Lo > 2014-10-29 19:19 | Report Abuse

Don need believe so much about target price. All bought based on own judgement. It maybe will drop further to rm 6 but rebound also fast cos this stock so famous with politics background, most local fund will come to pick up the cheap price. The chances to back above rm7 is quite normal. Don worry unless u play contra. With good share n 5 yrs lowest price, the chances u lose money same with you strike magnum or toto first prize

The One

2,949 posts

Posted by The One > 2014-10-29 19:42 | Report Abuse

• left the boat today n made a few K's since my avg is only 6.18 bought on Monday. wish yer all gudluck everyone.. :)

Lonaldo Lo

206 posts

Posted by Lonaldo Lo > 2014-10-29 20:10 | Report Abuse

I bought rm6.17 last two days. Paper profit few k, today buyer trend very strong, wait n see tomorrow.. so far i buy n sell based on emotion of investors. So far, tomorrow buying power will be stronger than today if euro n usa side tonight not fluctuate or drop so much.

Jude

6 posts

Posted by Jude > 2014-10-29 20:45 | Report Abuse

for those missed the chance don't upset, those make profit don't show off.

The One

2,949 posts

Posted by The One > 2014-10-29 22:52 | Report Abuse

• sorry.. no intention to show off.. just told reason for leaving.. not bcoz lost faith in this counter.. but own TP met.. cheers.

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-29 23:23 | Report Abuse

Jude: don say the pointless word, it doesnt help much. Forum is the place to gather view, experience and opinion not the buddha place to advise people to become good guy. i rather listen people why and how to lose and win during the investment instead of you just ask people don said so much. i believe most investor are clever enough to clarify anything they read. "the One" i think you are share right comment because at least you show other investor "buy during when most people are feared or oversold" . In share market , the theories of " buy when people are feared and sold when people are overexcited" is quite work. Most big fund such as hedge fund, morgan stanley, JFMorgan, Citibank, Moody are expert of playing this game by make huge profit with just influence the investor emotion by just simple using the rating company to comment on certain sector, company and country. Most of investor received info and news from different channel, that why price of share from different investor had different own target price and share change everyday because playing of this game is People not computer . if you are focus and do a lot homework of your prefer share invest , you know when is oversold and when is overbuy, just prepare enough bullet wait one chance(it maybe few years) to grab the opportunity. Risk is the rule in share market, that why we are here. Peaceful mind and eagle eye to win in the turbulence share market. don always just let the big fish to win in the game only. Wish everybody good luck in share market...

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-29 23:43 | Report Abuse

Banks are going to be very important in the future years. That is why banks are good investment now. Are we all not feeling the pinch now? It is going to get worst, our dollar value will decrease over time and we have high inflation. WE NEED MORE MONEY IN THE NEAR FUTURE JUST LIKE EVERYONE AND EVERY BUSINESSES BECAUSE OF THIS RISING COST AND SHIRNKING DOLLAR VALUE. Banks are going to do better that what it is now in the future years.
If you are smart investors and not those with a lot of cash, buying banking shares is good now. For example, Singapore DBS is selling at S$18.43 per share or RM46 per share right now. See, our banking shares are so cheap compare to the singapore ones! This is my opinion.

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-30 00:43 | Report Abuse

must Apple vs Apple la, dont confuse people. DBS Singapore PE =11.18, yield=3.17 , compared cimb pe=13, yield =3.4; maybank pe =13.34, yield =5.39, PBBANK PE=16.72, YIELD=2.66, etc. Be honest, any local fund or beginner will buy DBS instead of malaysia bank share cause they are cheaper than us not simply just SGD VS RM LA..

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-10-30 01:01 | Report Abuse

:)

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-30 10:07 | Report Abuse

Christine Lee, have you heard of the saying that "everyone is equal"? When you think that others are confusing you, you are in fact confusing other people, by thinking that the world revolves around only one person. Buddha consists of theory, which is enlightenment or knowledge, and the practical part is telling people to gain an understanding of what you want to do first before you do anything. Before you trade any stocks, I suggest that you learn how to appreciate other peoples' existence and also get to know what is the market trend going to be in the future. Investment is for the future gain. This is common sense. Everybody has a chance to write on this forum and express their care and concern for themselves and others. You are confusing me already? Why should you be criticizing everybody isn't it funny. You must be the person who thinks that you are the only one taking the subway in KL alone everyday! Buy low and sell high, may not be your principle, all I want to indicate was that CIMB is much cheaper and more affordable to buy that is all. Just like DBS, which has the backup of its government, CIMB is armed with Khazanah and EPF. There are black's because they are also white's, they are people and they are also banks whether they are in Singapore or in Malaysia. Who told you Singapore ass is better looking? Do you want to tell me why you think this way?

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 10:22 | Report Abuse

JUDE SAID CIMB WILL DROP TO RM4. NOW PPL EARN MONEY HE EMO AND SAID STUPID WORD. GET LOST LA NOOB.

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 10:24 | Report Abuse

Christine. I would like to hear from you how you view AFFIN? I think its cheap now tho.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-30 10:50 | Report Abuse

Christine. You are very hardworking in my opinion by getting very good facts about the companies you pursue. Good Work. Keep it up. Do you have any good companies you might share with us so we could take a look also. It is so hard to make money these days, please help us. Sorry about the comment I wrote before. I did not know the Guy said that CIMB would drop to RM4 per share and told everyone to sell out.

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 11:03 | Report Abuse

Jude put his profile picture also go snap it and hunt him down. 24 years old noobshit. mtfk

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-30 11:37 | Report Abuse

Activetrader: if based on the news n info of this share, we know recent price is quite low. besides, pe n yield also quite low among in the bank share. but this only news we know, i more concern on the news we don know about the sector which we neglect. From recent quarter result of this share, turn over increased but profit drop a lot, is it will be affected the next quarter? what the hints of this ? is it same in all bank share? i compared other bank recent report, it showed same sympton. That why i think the bank sector are facing fierce competitive higher operating cost. That why merge of bank trend is compulsory to reduce operating and share the resources n profit in future. Our malaysia gdp is quite depend of CPO and palm oil, property investment, recent this three sector are getting weak, that why our prime minister go to china , europe, usa to sell the bond in meanwhile also prove our country reserve money is low. Is it the reason pr hints related prime minister asked his brother to control khazanah ? My worst part is big environment keep down, end of the days bank negara will force to increased the interest rate to prevent inflation which deep worsen the bank sector. if Really recession coming, this counter can stand if domestic sector keep down? i don know this bank had other business oversea which diversified the risk?

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-30 11:47 | Report Abuse

kian leong lim: i am beginner, cant give any good advise to you. afraid let you lose money. one things agree with you, nowadays very hard to earn money. For myself, just don make lo rather than lose money especially index approx 1840. i can wait, no hurry one..if u really too much money no put, buy reit. in oversea such as australia , singapore, etc, ratio between reit VS share approx 50 vs 50. yield 6 to 8 %, safe place...

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-30 11:55 | Report Abuse

Christine: I have a few questions you don't mind.
(1) Do you think the operating cost of Affin is high because it bought the Sarawak Brokerage Kenanga at a high price? Profit drops now because they issue new shares for the purchase? The army counter mostly pays dividends, share price don't move that
much, is this true?
(2) Same as CIMB which bought foreign assets but the values have not realized yet. Do you think the values will materialize in near future? At least I think Thailand may do well after 2 years of stability.
(3) The government is selling a lot of bonds at a fixed interest rate now which is go or bad for the government right now? What if future interest rate become higher in the future, old bonds still pays the same old interest rate, do you think this is good for government or not?
(4) If bank negara raises base-interest rate in the future, bank also raise their own rates. Do you think previous loans made by the banks are going to benefit because new rates will be higher than old rate?
(5) Do you think we are going to have a currency crisis or depreciation of rm in the future? What are the good and bad effects from this crisis?

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-30 12:34 | Report Abuse

kian Leong Lim: wah so much question throw on me.i am beginner, unable to answer you satisfied. first, let us show very good example of merge between hlb and eon, reduce operating cost and expenses with higher profit return with remaining same resources. Cimb try to increase its profit by expand it business to oversea such as other south east asia country. of course not so smooth in indonesia, thailand ok, other country dun know. Of course the management had intention to do it rather than remain at the same place rather nothing. Cimb in my personal thinking will be improve after succesful of merge , this can be seen from history trend price chart between hlb and eon which weak before merge but steady grow after merge . if Really bank negara raise the interest rate in future, even they had more margin can play, but transaction of overall will be slow, it will caused another situation, too many people save money but less people borrow money which cause more fierce competition among each bank.

So far after the recession on 1997, mostly south east asia country include our country reserve money are improving than before. i don think currency crisis will be exist within these two years, again they striker had their own target, RUSSIA currency, we are temporary save.

of coursencurrency crisis had two way, inflation increased which normal people are victim, but good for sector who doing export business. this can traced from weaker currency of japan yen

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-30 12:44 | Report Abuse

Christine: You are the right kind of person I like to discuss stocks with. You are so full of ideas and I am an old-fashion person (I am just a very boring person and I can not help it). I don't mean to take advantage of people. It is just that sometimes as humans we do things and we only think about one side only. I would appreciate if you send me an email so that if I have any new idea about investing in stocks I will email you to get your opinions. my email is kianlim2004@yahoo.com.

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-10-30 13:12 | Report Abuse

Here had lot of expert and high hand to give advise and share info, i know you are the sincere investor. no need exchange email, i afraid both of us email full of junk mail. this few counter you can trace but not asked you to buy, gst benefit sector counter such as IFCAMSC, MYEG( if you really wanna buy, bought when no news announced or updated, sold when they announced all good news). most people know smartphone , smartphone benefit sector , INARI. Related share --INSAS jump high today raised my concern and suspicious about this share.. again this is cimb forum , we should not run out of topic..

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 15:09 | Report Abuse

i would suggest all of you buy CMMT as i am from Kuantan. The progress of renovation almost done. and the new wing construction works will start soon. i can tell you East Coast Mall is a success in the east coast region. Full of people especially weekend. CMMT has other malls under their managament which is also happening. Can start accumulate when the price is low. 1.400 consider good entry point. just my 2 cents. :)

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 15:53 | Report Abuse

CIMB trending up again. Where is Jude? Come out

Vin Cullen

1,547 posts

Posted by Vin Cullen > 2014-10-30 17:45 | Report Abuse

Wow !! Come on !! CIMB ~~ TP : RM6.80

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-10-30 18:03 | Report Abuse

Sell on rumour! Buy of news! Many got fooled!

Posted by activetrader > 2014-10-30 21:21 | Report Abuse

Vin cullen give me five!!!! Jude u get lost fker!

Vin Cullen

1,547 posts

Posted by Vin Cullen > 2014-10-30 23:49 | Report Abuse

Yeah ~~ DOW JONE SUPER GREEN !!
LETS CHEERS AGAIN TMR !! :D

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-31 08:27 | Report Abuse

Dji closed at 17,195 up 221 points...............cheers everybody!

Lonaldo Lo

206 posts

Posted by Lonaldo Lo > 2014-10-31 10:00 | Report Abuse

Active trader: in this world , money only will not cheated us. So sometimes, certain jump record high n hit lower past few years we must know the reason behind it. Indeed, affin bank compared cimb, maybank, pbbank are cheaper. Why people willing to selling with this price as low as rm3.2 to us. Most valueable of company things is change and challenge especially nowadays. For bank sector, future trend is merge n extend to oversea because domestic market is getting more competitive. The benefit of merge n expanding is reduce operating cost n increase profit. Obviously affin bank are not acted fast as others n that why it reflect the price. The price will up unless merge ..

For Cmmt , ya, kuantan new shopping mall which better than berjaya shopping mall. I think the business will be increased furthetmore after completed another extension. Queen sbay mall also generate quite good income. Disadvantage of Cmmt is which contribute 28% of it annual turnover are sg wang plaza. Poor management of cmmt for handling sg wang business which almost retailers shop drop 60% sale, they still had no solution yet unless point the finger to mrt and sg wang manager ...

Vin Cullen

1,547 posts

Posted by Vin Cullen > 2014-10-31 16:58 | Report Abuse

Wow !! Hammered at RM6.40 !!!
Next week will break nx resistance...........

Posted by tankaixiang > 2014-11-01 21:40 | Report Abuse

so troubles to merge always show negative news get dividen ,sold ,seen look like no special new to announs, stupid stock

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-11-02 21:01 | Report Abuse

Edge mention the selldown is due to result related not merger. Is coming result very bad?

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-11-03 07:30 | Report Abuse

DJ at record high. Can KLCI reach 1900 and CIMB above RM7?

Win188

276 posts

Posted by Win188 > 2014-11-03 11:41 | Report Abuse

Kenanga TP CIMB RM7.15
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kenangaresearch/63071.jsp

nkkhaw32

14 posts

Posted by nkkhaw32 > 2014-11-03 12:43 | Report Abuse

how come it is still going down?

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-11-03 12:45 | Report Abuse

recent few month news updated had good n bad,

the good news so far we know is usa economic data are better than expected, ECB (euro central bank) buy back the bond monthly tp reduce debts monthly, usa fed reserve will maintain low interest at least until next year depend the economic data, japan follow usa implement QE 80 trillion yen which stimulate whole world market jump last friday. energy drop to lowest 5 years almost us$80 barrel will help company save a lot of expenses for industry sector.

The bad news is USA QE stop, probably will increased the interest rate on next year, euro zone economic still weak , crude oil at US80 bARREL mean oil maker profit drop, world index record highest instead of weak economic data.

MALAYSIA as a oil exporter such as petronas profit will drop further if crude oil drop until us60-70 barrel. due to effect of QE implement by USA during fannie mac and mortage crisis 2007, world market is full of hot money cause most of commodity product and property in the world jump 2-3 times recent few years.
The recent crude oil drop probably is politic factor which combination of arab country with usa to collapse the russia economy, but we know other oil produce country also get effected.

malaysia government income is quite depend of crude oil income, if cpo continue drop, malaysia reserve money will drop further, bubble of property, is malaysia people can be avoided? bank sector will be first crashed if this things happen..

Most of crisis happen usually had the sympton of bubble first then slump? do we think our index is trading at record high? second , is property market price too high which every people feel even market slump the price of property will not fluctuate so much different? is our economic goood times had past?

When bad times we must had some optimisc, going to good times we must aware the bad times will come after good times is on peak..Market always balancing and move forward...good luck everybody

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-03 13:03 | Report Abuse

Christine: I still think that I hope I can contact you by email (kianlim2004@yahoo.com) to share investing views that I have occasionally. I don't like to make my investing views so much in public (it is not a good thing anyway). I believe from the bottom of my heart today that it would be definitely beneficial for you and me in the long run to be partners that share investing views in more private circumstances (investing ideas are rare and should be better kept private). You are very very good, you already know that, we must prepare for the worst in case it happens. It is my opinion that (the stock market downfall will surely happen but may not be very serious) but it will recover close to the next election a few years later. This is because people or companies change their behaviors only through after experiencing some pain. The better companies will still be around but the bad (or smaller) companies will be destroyed. The government is right now not that interested in propping up the market and I do agree with the cautions you wrote on this email. tq (you are a very good partner for investing because you are smart and hardworking).

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-03 13:20 | Report Abuse

Christine: One more point. It is not a bad thing to take a risk sometimes because you don't know what you will miss if you don't take the risk. Buying some tech stocks that you recommended the other day was a good suggestion. The technology sector will also be in good demand because the tech companies can help other companies to be more efficient in the years ahead. For a market to drop, mild drop is 5 %, medium drop is 10~15%, and really big drop like 2009 is around 25%. The drop will happen but you don't have to panic if you are prepared. If you can withstand a 25% drop, then there is nothing to worry about. Such low interest rate and high liquidity--- there will not be a bank run at all for the next 5 years. Wait for market to drop and buy bank shares and right now should look at tech companies. Don't buy consumers or trading stocks or even utility stocks because upside is not that high anymore. There won't be any danger in the CPO industry because the governement is their protector. In fact, their land value should gain substantially over the years when inflation stays this high. Land value will continue to go up when money value continue to go down in next few years. The poor economic situations around the world will keep interest rate very low for the next 5 years at least even if there are going to be some raises by central banks. There will still be low interest rate for a while. The normal market interest rate for healthy US economy is 5% but the US now only around 2.36 %. To go from 2.36% to 5% is a 100% increase, this kind of increase will take more than 5 years and even if it happens it is the healthy level. The drop is good if you have cash, buy banking stocks. There is no need for CIMB to close down branches or fire people because they want to have a lot of locations to attract business. I understand that their business, rhb and CIMB overlab, but it doesn't mean that they have to throw away existing customers by closing down branches because their business overlap. don't worry so much because now the situation is already very bad compare to last year.

Posted by always_steady > 2014-11-03 13:24 | Report Abuse

all experts here really expert but just own point of view, no fact driven, no evident driven. just based on own's thinking and feeling and keep saying this counter good and how good it is. But how to convince?
another 99% of R

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-03 13:29 | Report Abuse

Well, it is not hard to convince yourself. The two biggest funds invested in CIMB, Khazanah and EPF. How bad can it be? You ask yourself. Market sentiment is very bad now. The price drop to RM6.50 and stays here I believe primarily is because a lot of shareholders get free shares from the share dividends reinvesment program. If I am the guy who push up shares, I will wait at RM 6.50 for a while longer because the share dividends reinvesment program quote the shares at that time at around RM6.80 or what. There is no risk, just some necessary wait, is my opinion, believe it or not is up to you.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-03 15:54 | Report Abuse

Even the world's most successful investor Warren Buffet is putting the most amount of his money in a bank called Wells Fargo. That is why I think banking stock is the best investment right now. The other major investment he made recently is on IBM (the technology sector). In my opinion, Invest in these two areas will be like investing like Warren Buffet.

From USA Today: Top 10 Warren Buffett Stock Pickings for 2014
(1) Wells Fargo
> Value of stake: $25.4 billion
> Total of outstanding: 8.9%
Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) is Buffett's top stock holding, and it is the largest bank in America by market cap.
(2)Coca-Cola
> Value of stake: $16.9 billion
> Total of outstanding: 9.12%
Coca-Cola Co. (KO) recently announced transformative moves by taking large stakes in Monster Beverage and Keurig Green Mountain to enter more markets and to diversify away from sugar-water drinks.
(3) American Express
> Value of stake: $14.4 billion
> Total of outstanding: 14.49%
American Express Co. (AXP) has continued to benefit from increased card member spending, and its shares were up close to 50% in 2013, a key reason for Berkshire Hathaway to have such a large stake.
(4) IBM
> Value of stake: $12.7 billion
> Total of outstanding: 7.03%
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) marks a bit of a unique position for Buffett. After all, he shies away from technology. IBM was even among some of the top stocks being sold by mutual funds this year.

Posted by activetrader > 2014-11-03 16:08 | Report Abuse

kian leong lim. U r right! when we invested in a reliable counter. dont get influence by others. Trust yourself. CIMB. u can do it.

Posted by Christine Lee > 2014-11-03 16:46 | Report Abuse

Sometimes A Giant will fail, Conservative investor like Warren buffet sometimes also will lose money. His Favourite Stock on IBM, COCA COLA recently just let him facing paper lose on 2.5billion usd within 3 days. giant hypermarket such as Tesco also let him suffer 1bilion lose. Recently bought over Hentz (usa ketchup maker) also still under losing money.

The main reason of ALL above company profit drop due to they acted not fast enough as other. The most company valuable thing is changes and challenge and create. If for Usa current technology stock , this two year rising star is Avori, malaysia similar stock = Inari.

Of course, banking sector is traditional business which will be exist next hundred years n more. Same thing , analyse all the banking counter, pick the counter which they had diversified business which it will/had adopt the changes, challenge n creative environment..

Most people buy cimb counter is long term player. This company are doing the major corporate exercise, merging, had some patience. If successful, the price will recovery fast to above rm 7. Of course, during the process of merging, the price will be fly low..

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-03 17:11 | Report Abuse

Christine, please write an email to me if you can. I want to buy 5016 tc warisan, the company sells Japanese products. The idea is Japanese yen is depreciating and it might be cheaper for tc warisan to import and sell the Japanese products in Malaysia. Do yo know anything about this company. As for Warren Buffett, how did you know all figures of his companies? I do not expect the market to perform well in the next few years so is Warren Buffett. As for the mishap of the companies:
(1) IBM sold semiconductor manufacturing plants to arab controlled global foundaries. This is old problem that happens since five years ago and they are taking a loss this year, this is what good companies do, admit your mistake as soon as you can. Short term loss.
(2) Tesco is a British retailer. Buffett bought the company because it sell fresh vegetables and organic foods. But the people are not ready for organic vegetables and foods which are traditionally more expensive. The mistake is caused by miscalculating people's preference.
(3) As for Hentz, I have no comment.

A true investor is not a person who never loses money because you can not control everything (like the God). The point is investing in banks and technology is the right thing to do for future benefits. Even Prominent fund manager Mark Mobius At his press conference later, Mobius said he liked consumer-related stocks such as British American Tobacco (M) Bhd, the beer breweries, and the banks which had been paying good dividends. I am keeping a close watch on these few counters and hope their prices would drop due to gst implementation.

The main problem we have in south-east-asian related or emerging economy related, our currencies might depreciate when the us fed raises interest rate. That is triggering the foreign selling. This is the main problem but it is not so serious if the us economy doesn't get too strong in the future, you know what I mean, this is not sure yet. We still do not know what is the extent of the hot money flowing out from the emergin economies and the best is to wait and see.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz