EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

KLSE (MYR): EVERGRN (5101)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.40 - 0.41

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

11,528 comment(s). Last comment by emiteno 1 week ago

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-10 10:53 | Report Abuse

Besides all that concerns on raw materials, sales strategy or production...actually the most crucial is the driver of the vehicle. The board or directors and management team are the most important. They are the only ones to make changes, steering directions and managing the companies from A to Z. If u have an incompetent team, there goes the company down the drain. This is what actually happens to Evergreen. Years of MASSIVE CAPEX but still unable to improve the overall results or earnings or profits. Still unclear to your brain? U must be brainless.

Posted by Curiosity > 2017-07-10 10:56 | Report Abuse

Evergreen last result drop is mainly due to high cost of raw material but set off by thailand market.
As government announce restriction of rubber wood export and the flood in Thailand settled perfectly.
I see no issue here.

Regarding on the issue.
1.) Saudi Arabia and Gulf countries cut ties with Qatar lead to war.
Middle East always facing different kind of issues and wars for past 20 years. If management operates business for so long still can't settle this political risk, this counter already close down for years. Thus, I see no problem on this issue.

2.) Past result not good.
Like I said just now, it is mainly due to their raw material cost. I think guys can view back its annual report to verify this statement.

3.) High debt.
This is due to their business expansion. Same as well, can either view it from the annual report or explain by Icon8888

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/icon8888/125782.jsp

Well I currently do not hold this counter. Perhaps can wait until price drop to RM0.86/RM0.865 only enter.

This is my personal opinion, feel free to comment on it.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 10:58 |

Post removed.Why?

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2017-07-10 11:28 | Report Abuse

i see the management team are competent, just that they are marathon runner than sprinter.

1. It has complete business in the fibreboard segment with Mdf, particle board, Rta.

2. It has complete integration of business from rubber plantation, glue manufacturing, particle board, mdf and rta.

3. It has manufacturing business in all the major producing countries of thailand, malaysia and indonesia.

4. It has export presence in many countries like south east asia, middle east, north east asia and europe.

5. It has huge manufacturing facilities this are valuable because to replicate it , u need very huge capex in today money term.

They are rationalizing cost, moving to higher value product like rta, and controlling strategic source of raw material supply.
Thus, profit will come in 3rd and 4th qtr.

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 12:41 | Report Abuse

well said gohku... these are all good points, especially on item#5.

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 12:42 | Report Abuse

can stockmanmy shed some light to us on how to use his brain power to perform a more thorough analysis on Evergreen?
I believe we are all very keen to see that... thanks in advance...

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 12:49 |

Post removed.Why?

moneykj

6,112 posts

Posted by moneykj > 2017-07-10 13:01 | Report Abuse

Not only boring stock. It's sun set stock. Its x factor has gone one n half year ago. Eversendai is far better than tis Ever Red.

Manny, check also Ijacobs. My 200% YTD stock in 2 months after Vis(222%) n Sendai(108%).

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 13:09 | Report Abuse

haha... eversendai??? lmao...

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 13:09 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, pls be more specific what your X factor is...

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 13:11 | Report Abuse

welcome back another joker moneykj.. he has been missing in action for quite some time and now he is back... it is not hard to notice he has been licking stockmanmy's boots in almost every forum...

pls enlighten us why you think Evergreen is a sunset stock?
We do not need MDF, particleboard and RTA in this world very soon in future?
Do we have alternative parts that can fully replace these items in future?

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-07-10 13:14 | Report Abuse

the funniest part is on how he boasted on his "superb short term" gain... yes, for speculators who do not rely on FA, he can make 200% in one month or less... but he could have lost all in the same period... but did he even say it loud when he lost money during a speculation?

Investing in value stocks may be a little boring but we sleep well and sound at nights...

moneykj

6,112 posts

Posted by moneykj > 2017-07-10 13:24 | Report Abuse

Why should I plp Manmy? I'm very confident with myself. I sold Evergreen at 2.50. I bot Sendai below 0.50. Only you promote Evergreen since months but the price keep on dropping. You should plp him. My 2017 stock pick results shows my capability.

moneykj

6,112 posts

Posted by moneykj > 2017-07-10 13:29 | Report Abuse

Value investing? Han fan la... If you pick the right stock n hold long term is value investing. If you pick the wrong one n hold..Call man man Sei..

johnyeoyeo

311 posts

Posted by johnyeoyeo > 2017-07-10 13:35 | Report Abuse

moneykj agree with u

moneykj

6,112 posts

Posted by moneykj > 2017-07-10 13:37 | Report Abuse

We invest in stock market to make money, long or short term. Not stubbornly hold the wrong stock hug it and sleep every night in tears. Pls wake up la...

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 13:59 |

Post removed.Why?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 14:01 |

Post removed.Why?

popo92

578 posts

Posted by popo92 > 2017-07-10 14:12 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, jaks and eversendai were once casio par watches only hehe. Your x factor were not born naturally on these companies right? please share with us what do you personally think could make this evergreen attractive or so called x factor?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2017-07-10 15:46 | Report Abuse

Key "X" factors r the "DRIVERS FOR HIGHER EARNINGS"
EVERGREEN has the "X" factors as per above defination.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2017-07-10 16:06 | Report Abuse

"X factor" Drivers for higher Earnings:
- Reduce existing production cost to increase margins
- Increase throughput /production efficiencies
- Capex in RTA to produce and sell new products at higher margins

Higher Margins will yield higher earnings.
What matters most is " Higher Margins ==> Increasing Earnings"

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-07-10 16:07 | Report Abuse

agreed with sunztzhe, earning is always the indicator for the share price. POTENTIAL future earnings are the x factor that fundamentalists are looking at.

For Sendai and JAKS, they have a huge prospect. The different is that KYY already put the potential future earnings under the sun. Everybody knows how good the stocks are in the future. The stock price now may already factored in the potential earning in the next 1-2 years. But if you can keep 5 years above, the return may even higher.

For Evergreen, the potential earnings may not be seen by many people if they don't deep dive into its QR and AR. Since there is no big gun promoting its potential earnings (except Harry Teo), thus it may not looks as good as Sendai and JAKS, but it is still a good stock to hold for 1-2 years with good prospect of ROI.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-10 21:00 |

Post removed.Why?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-10 21:05 | Report Abuse

Where is stockraider? I thought he's the loudest in the room? Oh yes...stockraider must be covering his face with a thick pillow and shouted it out of frustration since he has openly declared that he pour as much as RM 4 millions into this sunset stock.

Sometimes I pity stockraider also since he has poured most of his life savings into this hopeless stock. I start to have real tears whenever I read his statements lol

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-10 21:07 |

Post removed.Why?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-10 21:11 | Report Abuse

Today many new recruit salesman losing their pants. Just look at the share price and u can know it's about to collapse again another round. Tomorrow I will be chewing some popcorns and watch a good show!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 22:36 | Report Abuse

according to William O'Neil, X factor is any thing new

new business
new acquisitions
new shareholders
new hope
new excitement

what is the valuation of the X factors vs valuation of existing business.?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-10 22:36 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-07-11 00:51 | Report Abuse

Haha, I suggest u all go to SerbaDk forum to see this joker comments. smart or not doesnt really matter on how new the ID is but the content of the comments posted.
Smart has its limit but stupidity has no limit.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2017-07-11 01:08 | Report Abuse

The goal of CAN SLIM strategy is to discover leading stocks before they make major price advances..Not after major price advance..lol

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-11 07:57 |

Post removed.Why?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-11 07:59 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy, these salesman are always stubborn and think they are smart. But Evergreen share price gone kaput! What else sales statements they will issue?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-11 08:03 | Report Abuse

Evergreen cannot even afford to give out anymore dividends with that MASSIVE DEBTS, FALLING CASH, and worst is the FALLING TREND IN PROFITS for CONSECUTIVE QUARTERS. The latest profit being cut out HALF -49% y-o-y is a serious indication.

stockmanmy, I have to warn u that these salesman will ignore facts and mend it their way just to defend their failed positions. I start to pity stockraider since he has openly declared that he poured all his money into Evergreen amounting to RM 4 millions plus.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-11 09:45 | Report Abuse

Sorchai Ckc....this evergreen is transforming, it is sharp turnaround play in 3rd and 4th qtr....big jump in earnings coming loh...!1

This is the reason why evergreen has been creeping up lately loh, u need to book ur ticket early to participate on this magnificent run mah..!!

Fyi raider cost is around rm 0.865....consider a big position...now about breakeven for raider loh...!!
If u buy now at current price, ur cost is about the same as raider loh...!!

Don miss this low risk big $$$$$$$$ making opportunity loh...!!
There is huge margin of safety, with NTA more than Rm 1.40 loh..!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-11 09:51 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Jul 10, 2017 10:36 PM | Report Abuse

according to William O'Neil, X factor is any thing new

new business....BIG PARTICLE BOARD BUSINESS TAKEOFF
new acquisitions....NEW BIG SOUTH EAST & NORTH EAST ASIA MKT
new shareholders...STOCKRAIDER & GANG
new hope..BIG IMPROVEMENT MARGIN FROM LOW RMAT COST
new excitement...RTA BUSINESS COMING BIG

what is the valuation of the X factors vs valuation of existing business.?
THE NEW X FACTORS IS COMING BIG JUMP IN EPS 3RD & 4TH QTR, THUS SHARE PRICE WILL UP BIG $$$$$$$$ MAH...!!.

BUY...BUY...BUY..!!
DON MISS $$$$$$$$$$$$ MAKING OPPORTUNITY LOH...!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-11 10:07 | Report Abuse

Invest in good and cheap kcchongnz
Author: kcchongnz | Publish date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017, 07:17 PM

I strongly advocate that one should not speculate in the stock market for the sake of his financial health.

Just figure this. The stock market in Malaysia is made up of about 70% institutional investors, with the rest made up of innocent retail investors and big crocodiles such as syndicates and stock market manipulators. Where do you stand speculating in this zero-sum game?

In the above article, I have shown you some example of speculated stocks which I talked about them from 4 years ago. The portfolio of 9 speculative stocks lost an average of 54%, with 70% of them lost more than 43%, one up to a loss of 92% over the 4-yearperiod.

How can one recover from this type of losses? You can never.

Yes, there are many unscrupulous operators around, doing whatever they like, just for the sake of making money as proven in a comment below,

[Posted by stockmanmy > Jul 6, 2017 03:45 PM | Report Abuse
andrei
make money is only game here.

Andry007 > Jul 6, 2017 03:04 PM | Report Abuse
Thank you Mr. kcchongnz i respect people with principle but in Malaysian society respect is from how much money he has regardless of ill gotten or whatever means.]

It is that scary if you still wish to speculate in this zero-sum game. Below is my reminder to you this statement again in my last article on the peril of speculating,

“That was also confirmed by many of my friends. All of them had lost money. Most of them had lost so much that they just refused to talk about the stock market any more. Most of them know many of their friends and relatives who had lost a lot of money speculating in the stock market. None of them know anyone who had become rich speculating in the stock market.”

So, what can we do in order to build long-term wealth in this crocodile infested pond of investing?

I have mentioned before with an inflation rate of 4%-5% a year, if you place your money in fixed deposit in banks earning an interest rate of less than 3%, your purchasing power become smaller and smaller.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-11 10:16 | Report Abuse

How to build long-term wealth with a negative real return like this?
THE SOLUTION IS GOOD STOCK PICKING WITH BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY & WITH BIG POTENTIAL IMPROVING PROSPECT

Here is what you should do; you don’t speculate on a piece of paper, you invest in a company, taking buying a stock as akin to investing in part of the business of the company issuing the stocks. Your investment grows with the business of the company. Unlike trading of shares, it is not a zero-sum game.

But how to invest, which company to invest, when to invest, etc.?

It is simple. you invest in good companies. A good company has a good and durable business, a business which will last for a long time. It earns good return from the capitals they put in. It has proven good management which has been proven to increase the value of their investment. Its business is growing with proven increased revenue and profit, not necessary every year, but as a long-term trend. EVERGREEN WITH A VERY GOOD DURABLE BUSINESS, NEVER LOSE MONIES IN ITS HISTORY.

Please note the emphasis, “proven”. It is hard to believe that a company which has not been making money, making return higher than its costs of capital, proven sharing with shareholders with increasing dividends, that the management has not proven to increase shareholder value etc. can suddenly able to do so in the future, just because the CEO says so. Would you bet on that? LATELY EVERGREEN IS EXPANDING & TRANSFORMING

In investing in a company, you must consider its risks too. You must consider if it has too much borrowings that it can’t pay its interest payment when there is a downturn in the business. It should be able to pay back its debt when there is a global financial crisis. You must make sure that it has adequate cash flows to service its interest, etc. Otherwise, if those events occur, the company could get bankrupt. You will lose everything as a result. EVERGREEN LOW DEBT WITH 0.1X ON GEARING.

Why would you want to take the risk when there are many other proven better and successful alternatives?
So, is investing that simple? Not really. NOT SIMPLE

Figure 1: Share price movement of CIMB
If you have bought CIMB shares about 4 years ago at the adjusted price of RM7.60, you will still suffer a loss of 14% as it closed at RM6.55 last Friday. However, if you have bought it at the adjusted price of RM3.77 in early January 2016, you would have made 74%.THIS EVERGREEN IS LIKE CIMB, ONCE TRANSFORM GAIN TRACTION U SEE THE BIG JUMP LOH

Yes, the secret of success in investing is not only buying good companies, but buying good companies when they are selling cheap. YES EVERGREEN IS RATHER CHEAP TOO WITH NTA EXCEED RM 1.40.

You won’t want to buy companies which have no proven success records, would you? Of course, unless it is selling at dirt cheap.

The secret of success in investing is not taking high risk, and (hoping for) high return! Why would you want to take high risk and lose all your money? Does high risk always come with high return? Stupid, isn’t it? EVERGREEN A LOW RISK INVESTMENT TOO.

The secret of success in investing is to buy good companies, with little risks, but potentially high return!

YES EVERGREEN FIT THE BILL...PICK IT UP WHEN IT IS CHEAP AND NOT WELL LOVE LOH...DO NOT CHASE STOCK LIKE CHASING JAKS AND SENDAI AT HIGH PRICE LOH...!!

ALWAYS LOOK AT MARGIN OF SAFETY YOUR INSURANCE TO INVESTMENT SUCCESS .

2017win

234 posts

Posted by 2017win > 2017-07-11 11:28 | Report Abuse

steady counter.

Posted by DurianLangsat > 2017-07-11 12:02 | Report Abuse

Going downhill? Why happen?

Posted by ChanGauLan > 2017-07-11 16:11 | Report Abuse

Olin counter sibeh

Ken Lim

113 posts

Posted by Ken Lim > 2017-07-11 16:42 | Report Abuse

This is a safe counter ... u c Sendai , u c mudajya ..

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2017-07-11 16:44 | Report Abuse

very safe counter but cannot make money - ha ha

ignissimia

1,049 posts

Posted by ignissimia > 2017-07-12 00:06 | Report Abuse

Reminder; 2c dividend, ex-date 28 July.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-12 06:44 | Report Abuse

Salesman still come out here to con people

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-12 06:49 | Report Abuse

I have warned the salesman that the share price will drop to very low soon because next qtr result is showing another worse result numbers.

The latest profit being cut out HALF -49% y-o-y is a serious indication. Bad omen.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-12 06:55 | Report Abuse

I have cried with real tears for Stockraider because I thought of him being the biggest retail victim who invested too much money into Evergreen. The last time his own statement of confession stated his investment amount is more than RM 4 millions. Look below for stockraider's last open confession lol:

Mar 13, 2017 05:13 PM | Report Abuse

Latest update on evergreen on raider gang investment
Total 4.070M units @ rm 0.9293 rm 3.7605 M
Bought 350k @rm 0.875 rm 306.25k
Total 4.42M units @ 0.92 Rm 4.06675M

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-12 11:57 | Report Abuse

btw raider exposure in evergreen has increase much more than what ckc loh...!!
Raider average cost is around Rm 0.865 loh....after averaging with more purchases at much lower prices loh....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-12 12:00 |

Post removed.Why?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-12 14:14 | Report Abuse

Wah!! I mark it down for future reference first!

stockraider: btw raider exposure in evergreen has increase much more than what ckc loh...!! Raider average cost is around Rm 0.865 loh....after averaging with more purchases at much lower prices loh....!!
12/07/2017 11:57

Mati loh! stockraider pawned all his underwear pants at home with various pawn brokers in the neighbourhood so that he can dump it all inside Evergreen. He thinks it is a safe bet without realizing the company is actually running into enlarging MASSIVE DEBTS of RM 207,069,000 while BOTH THE CASH RESERVE and PROFITS KEEP FALLING LIKE A DOWNTREND DURING DEPRESSION PERIOD.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-07-12 14:15 | Report Abuse

Stockraider, u still don't CUT LOSS ah? Sure die. Is your new tagline....die die must try? LMAO

Post a Comment
Market Buzz