MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORP BHD

KLSE (MYR): MPCORP (6548)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

Day's Change

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,841 comment(s). Last comment by Newtoshareworld 2024-04-01 16:01

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-21 14:27 | Report Abuse

what is the relationship between credit limit and JOKER ?

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-21 14:34 | Report Abuse

A joker only tell jokes and make noise but no money to buy.
A rich investor is loaded with high credit limit.

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-07-21 14:39 | Report Abuse

TPY got money to buy. Something like 62mil he is going to pump into Mpcorp.

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-21 14:47 | Report Abuse

As I know, TPY now is holding about 60 million shares in Protasco, and 30 millions in Iretex.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-21 14:48 | Report Abuse

Good for all if the price will go up.
I am not saying anything BAD by twisting facts about this stock.
I just want to tell the great promoter that it is not good to go to other thread to condemn other stock by providing misleading info.
We are all here to make money, not enemy.

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-21 14:51 | Report Abuse

TPY is 2nd biggest shareholder in Protasco (about 17.7%), and biggest shareholder in Iretex ( about 27.5%), and he is executive director in both company

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-21 14:52 | Report Abuse

BTW, talking about credit limit. I have proven this to our calvintaneng :

Posted by stkoay > Apr 14, 2014 01:58 PM | Report Abuse X

calvintaneng,

To show that I am not a "tai chek kong"(big talker in canto.), I have Q to sell 470k PRKCORP at RM3.72. Will cancel the sale order at 2.25pm.

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-21 15:04 | Report Abuse

yes, right ! we here to make money and not to make enemy, it is good that if we can sincerely share the information we got from other sources.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-21 15:11 | Report Abuse

@cytew. Agree with you.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-21 15:30 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng, If you have faith in MPCorp and its current management, you should be buying heavily today ( vol over 3.5 mil now) at price 46 sen when there are many motivated sellers, not wait for 'tong sampah' prices when sellers could dry up. You may miss the boat trying to save pennies. After all, what's the difference of a few sen for a possibly jackpot counter? Care to elaborate? Thanks.

Posted by chiongster1234 > 2014-07-21 15:49 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng, macam mana? betul betul boleh? which counter boleh jackpot?

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 15:56 | Report Abuse

I monitor through the stock price as per this morning , there are panic seller who queue at 0.005 higher and immediately canceled their order and sell at market price...

I believe this is no a surprise viewing at the facts that

1. Investors are not willing to inject more fresh fund into this stock , especially the management still the same , although I believe after completed the corporate exercise , TPY will be appointed to the board ( if current management is sincere and with TPY already holding more than 5% of shares which consider as major shareholder , should appoint him ahead of time )

2. the fresh fund required is huge , which is at 1.6X of stock price. Every 10,000 shares will required fresh funds of RM8,000. How many investors dare to commit more $$ to this stock with the same management ?

I'm using the assumption below to gauge the market

Current shareholder and TPY will keep their shares = ~178,000,000

50% of the public will sell away their shares

50% of the public will sell half of their share to fund the right issue

This means that about 83MM shares will be dispose in the next 6 months or 700,000 shares per day.

For sure this week I will not do anything and will continue monitor until the volume go below 700,000 per day for next action...

Good luck to everyone !!!

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-21 16:14 | Report Abuse

@samT, You must also take into account buyers who may want to add to their existing holdings, like calvintaneng, and fresh buyers. Not all will be sellers unless none have faith in MPCorp. By the way, you are one steady investor with sound analytical mind. Good work.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 16:20 | Report Abuse

Hi lohman , you are correct. I'm planning on the worst case scenario as once I observe the volume down to below 700,000 , I'm quite firm that is time to jump in for action...as of now..relax 1st..now , go for a nap...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 16:28 | Report Abuse

hi lohman , I'm currently holding about 1,500,000 shares. Didn't plan to increase further. I'm now looking at either to divert some of my investment from YTLREIT , Tenaga , MPHBCAP or BSTEAD over to MPCORP to fully subscribe the right , ICULS A and B which wil lincrese my holding to 3,900,000 shares and 600,000 warrants after full conversion of the ICULS which required RM1,200,000 or sell away some MPCORP to fund the right issue.

Overall , I'm cautiously optimistic about the proposal , the proposal will make the improve the financial position of the company to a healthier level but the concern remain on the weak manage who will still in control of the company until I see TPY assigned to the board to work harder for his $$ or more new shareholders emerge , may be through purchase of MPCORP at open market and committed to subscribe the ICULS A and ICULS B to a level that are substantial for them to be in the board.

If TPY increase his holding from the open market , also a good sign as well...

Still long way to go , about 6 months to complete the action..so , can patiently observe and make decision...

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-21 16:56 | Report Abuse

@samT, I'm wary of Bill Ch'ng because of his quarrelsome and stubborn disposition. Yes, I know of him from way back. You are right to sit back and watch coming developments. I bought some MPCorp at 47 sen today just to dip my toes. Like their land bank but not the existing management. They don't create fair value for all shareholders, always looking out for #1.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-21 17:41 | Report Abuse

Lohman,

I am ashamed to tell you I am fully invested and really have to borrow some money to buy MP Corp today. I wish I have so much money like so many here.

So with the limited CASH I Have I Always Have To MAXIMIZE VALUE.

You see, I used to debate with My Johor Sifu. He always tell me he will be happy and contented if he gets 20% to 30% gain yearly for his Share Investments. So he buys Pitaras, KPJ, KSeng, PIE, A Health, Ajinomoto and other such like shares. Stable Growth Shares.

Of Course If He Has RM100 Millions He Could get RM20 Millions A Year. Why Not? That's An Awful Lot of Money!

But for small fry like Calvin with only RM300,000 to Invest. A 20% Gain Per Year Means RM60,000 or RM5,000 a month. I can't survive on RM5,000 a month living in First World Singapore. RM5,000 is only S$1,900 (Converted to Sing $). So Poor Calvin Tan Must Use A Lot More Brain Juice & Work Harder Than Peter Lynch, Phil Fisher, Benjamin & Warren Buffet Combined. I MUST WORK MY VERY UTMOST TO GET A BETTER YIELD!

I Hope you understand Why I Always Look For 2 BAGGERS TO 10 BAGGERS SHARE!

My Aim Is To Find "COMMON STOCKS WITH UNCOMMON PROFITS".

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-21 17:50 | Report Abuse

Chiongster1234,

Yang Bagus

1) KPSCB
2) Masteel dan Masteel Wt
3) Notion (Sudah Lari Sikit. Try buy on weakness.)
4) Super Enterprize.
5) MFCB (Ini Bagus - Boleh Beli Sebab Belum Lari. Murah! Murah!)
6) Itronic (Ini Sudah Jatuh Kuat Kuat. Sangat Murah.)
7) Dutaland (Banyak Assets)

INI BOLEH NAIK SAMPAI LANGIT

1) MP CORP ( SEKARANG LELONG! CEPAT CEPAT BELI!)
2) MULPHA (TERSANGAT MURAH DI SELURUH DUNIA! CEPAT CEPAT BELI)

kllady_fidah

1,700 posts

Posted by kllady_fidah > 2014-07-21 19:07 | Report Abuse

Calvint very kelakar today

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 19:19 | Report Abuse

Hi lohman ,you are correct , the main problem with MPCORP today is the weak management that really concern investors. A lot of MOU signed and promises to turn around the company but year after year , no concrete action and the financial situation getting worst and worst. Execution is the key problem for current management.

I'm looking forward for new independent member to the board or even more new major shareholder for the company.

I think the MOU with BlackSea are gone , should able to get some confirmation from coming quarterly release by end of August. So , the hope now is Protesco to go into JV with MPCORP soon and sooner the better.

If for the best interest of the minor shareholder , the current management should consider to release their stocks to other reputable investors to manage the company and I will really respect their kindness...

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-21 19:40 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng, investing RM100mil in Bursa stocks requires a very different approach and stock picking strategy to investing only RM300k. In any event, there is no shame in having only RM300k to invest, everyone has to start somewhere.

samT, Bill Ch'ng's past track record indicates he will not give up control behind the scenes. He is a most difficult person. I'm not sure if anyone can partner/jv with him at all. That is why I only have a small exposure.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 21:26 | Report Abuse

Hi lohman , I totally agree with you ..in my view , he is someone living in the ' fantasy land ' and hoping everyone following his wish. The only day may be we can see a change is when ' he lost contact with this world and become the "angel" in the fantasy land'....
As currently our investment is in positive territory , we are looking at cashing out if the same situation persist after the corporate proposal and move to others stock counters.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-21 21:49 | Report Abuse

hi lohman , here is something that I'm looking at from the standpoint as a father. We always wish that our next generation will do well , even better than us and we are willing to do whatever we can to achieve this aim. As a father at age of 70+ , especially just recovery from serious illness , not much time really left to work towards this objective and I really wish that a change will happen on making a success to the company so that the son can continue from here leading the company to a new high..this is more important for a father than personnel success. I will give him another 1 to 2 years to achieve this...

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-21 23:01 | Report Abuse

This is the only company in Bursa where Husband, wife and son are sitting on the board, haha!the prosecution by Sc could be planned by some one to take him of out of driver seat, with the current proposal, i anticipate TPY will take an active role there since he needs to spend about RM 78 millions.furthermore TPY has turn Iretex and Prtasco more lively.

Posted by Ecoworld2u > 2014-07-21 23:50 | Report Abuse

The company needs to keep only 1 family director and get 3-4 new directors from outside to show investor there is real management change. Until investor sees new faces else nobody will buy there shares. Right issue is long way to go. I do not see any new director sooner. So sleep better.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 00:15 | Report Abuse

Seeing Into The Deal

1) White Knight Has Bought 15 Million MP Corp Shares Through Private Deals

Interpretation:

1) Bill Ching Sold To Interested Party at 55 cents Not Dump Into The Market. If Dump Into The Market Sure Limit Down. So This Is A Good Move.

2) At 55 cents - Price exchanged is 13% above Yesterday's Closing price of 48.5 cents. That means that White Knight SEES VALUE! Why Pay A Higher Price? Just THINK?

3) It Is Better Than Private Placement To Raise NEEDED. Companies Frequently Give Private Placement at 10% DISCOUNT To Willing Parties. This Will Be Detrimental To Shareholders As Value Is DILUTED. So No Private Placement Is Good For Shareholders.

4) MP Corp is at a Crucial Juncture. There is A Bridge To Cross. Now A Bridge Is In Sight - A Stop Gap Measure! VERY POSITIVE!

5) Under The Current Circumstances THIS IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION! Meanwhile, we await results of JV with Dong Cheng & Black Sea.

6) As I Type May I REMIND ALL AGAIN. MP Corp's NUSAJAYA PRIME LANDS ARE INCREASING IN VALUE EVERY MINUTE BY RM500! And Compounded An Increase of RM262 Millions A Year!

7) Buy When Others Are Confused & Fearfully Selling.

IF YOU KNOW - THERE IS REALLY NOTHING TO FEAR!

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 01:03 | Report Abuse

My thought is that the deal with Dong Cheng and BlackSea are over. Most likely a new JV will emerge. My thought is that by entitlement date , when the proposal is 100% guarantee to move forward , more announcement will be make and will mark the new era in MPCORP. This is my view based on repeating digesting the information in the proposal and the facts that new shareholder understand the characteristic of current management , they will not inject in $$ to the company unless current major shareholder reduce holding to less than 50% and reduce control of the board.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 01:37 | Report Abuse

Did anyone know the background of FAIZATUL IKMI BINTI ABD RAZAK ? From web search , she is the managing director of RSL engineering and also shareholder in companies where TPY has interest in ..think that her background might provide some hint on TPY track record.

gohcheehoh

578 posts

Posted by gohcheehoh > 2014-07-22 01:53 | Report Abuse

U will get rewarded. Stay tune. Time will tell. Holding Strategic land is like gold mine especially beside ecoworld ( I miss my focal aim that I brought at 0.23 n sell at rm 2.x )
This company has been stagnant for sometimes n this exercise will bring benefit for min term.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 09:11 | Report Abuse

Good Morning,

About to leave for EXCITING & BOOMING ISKANDAR.

Then, I saw Tey Por Yee Picture over Star Online. With A Very Confident Smile And Holding Up A Fist As If To Say, "YES! MP CORP! LET'S MOVE FORWARD IN A BRIGHT FUTURE UNLOCKING OF VALUE FOR ALL!

VERY POSITIVE! VERY POSITIVE INDEED!

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 10:46 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng; I have no wish to dampen your enthusiasm but you may want to re-interpret the deal and ask yourself the following open ended questions and brush up on your technical knowledge:

1. Why transact only 15 mil shares which is just 5.2% but a significant minority stake? Why not sell double that in direct deal to TPY but still keep majority 51%?

2. Why price at 55 sen for 15 mil shares, value RM8.25 mil?

(Of course, it is willing buyer, willing seller; mutually acceptable terms. Each party has its own reasons for settling at these numbers. However, many astute businessmen would not want to be in a minority position in a financially troubled company, especially with a dodgy partner. TPY, however, is a publicity hound who wants to make a name as a whizkid corporate player but his resources are spread too thin)

3. Private placement can only be done at minimum par value, which is RM1.00, far above the then market price of 48.5 sen; therefore totally not feasible. In addition, in a private placement, proceeds of new share placement go to the company. In a share sale, proceeds of existing issued shares go to the selling shareholder.

(Nb: MPCorp is still trading around 46 sen this morning albeit with lower volumes. The market is not impressed with TPY. What will he do in the next few months? Buy more from the market to average down his 55 sen cost?)

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 10:58 | Report Abuse

Normal man in the street's analysis !!!

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 11:19 | Report Abuse

@cytew, are you referring to my above comments? Would you like to add something more pithy than an ambiguous one liner? You seem to be a fan of TPY, perhaps you have better insight as to what he intends to do. Do share with us.

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 12:20 | Report Abuse

I m not a fan of TPY, i start to research on him about
10 days ago,i found him a good horse for us to ride on MPC restructuring with his past experience .

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 12:20 | Report Abuse

My details analysis will come later.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 14:03 | Report Abuse

Gentlemen, please share you input. I have a very simple approach to MP Corp.

I bought 6 properties for 3 Investors Here In MP Corp & Ecoworld Houses. Buying these 6 physical houses entail the transfer of 6 pieces of paper - the title deeds to the properties.

These Physical Properties Are REAL Although The Ownership Is Only A Piece of Paper.

To me buyng into NUSA DAMAI LANDS At RM8.50 psf through MP CORP IS ALSO REAL. aLTHOUGH WE OWN SHARES WE AE ACTUALLY OWNERS OF REAL ESTATE. REAL ESTATE IS CALLED REAL ESTATE BECAUSE IT IS "REAL".

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IS IN CHARGE AS LONG AS VALUE IS THERE. INEFFICIENT OWNERS WILL BE BOUGHT OUT SOME DAY.

SEE, FOCAL AIMS MANAGEMENT IS NOT MUCH BETTER THAN MP CORP. IF YOU INSPECT THE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES, LANDSCAPE, DRAINAGE OF NUSA DAMAI & KOTA MASAI.

NUSA DAMAI BEATS KOTA MASAI HANDS DOWN!

SO LOOK BEYOND TEY POR YEE & BILL CH'NG.

THERE CAN COME AND GO BUT THE 'EARTH ABIDES FOR EVER'

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 14:39 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng, whose 'earth abides forever', you speak like a true blue property man! Your enthusiasm is most commendable. However, we are investing in MPCorp shares, not its Nusa Damai lands, and there can exist prolonged negative divergence in value between the shares and the land, if the company is continually badly managed. We can't ignore the BC and TPY connection much as we would like to.

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 14:51 | Report Abuse

My analysis is as follows:

(1) The insider trading charges against Bill Ch'ng by SC could be a planned event to move him out of Driver seat from MPC, if he willingly dilute his shareholding , perhaps charges might be dropped accordingly for his cooperation.

(2) TPY (he is good in doing such thing)is instructed to go in to perform the restructuring,hence Money owed to ADSB will be settled,bank default will be dissolved.

(3) In order to ensure the success of right issue with warrants and ICULS A and B, MPC price will be maintained at around 60 cents (TPY is good at this job) after ex-date , and on the hand, to make sure warrants B with ex. price of RM 1.0 hold by Bill Ch'ng will be "BURNT" on expiration, the consequence is that TPY will merge out as the largest shareholders of MPC after he convert all his warrant c and LA and LB.

(4) pending project will go on with help from Protasco since TPY is the 2nd largest shareholder and excutive director

(5) If all the above materialize accordingly, Bill Ch'ng and his family, ADSB ,RHB bank,TPY, Pratasco and MPC shareholders will happily laughing to the bank and say " see ! cytew is perfectly right

Tan Sy

28 posts

Posted by Tan Sy > 2014-07-22 14:54 | Report Abuse

When everything dissolved, no more 0.46 cent, fly above RM1.00

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 15:09 | Report Abuse

A conspiracy theory! Certainly out of the box thinking. Which parties cleverly planned the insider trading event? TPY has motive to be involved, he stands to gain the most. However, minor insider trading is'nt that big a deal; even if convicted, one can get off with a fine, certain corporate sanctions and for an aging not-so-healthy man, probably no jail term on compassionate grounds. If you know Bill Ch'ng, you will appreciate he is not easily railroaded.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-22 15:24 | Report Abuse

@lohman. You talk sense. I enjoy reading your posting. And at the same time, learn a thing or two. Keep it up.

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-07-22 15:36 | Report Abuse

Minority shareholders won't subscribe for the rights if the price stay below 50cts. Might as well buy from market. So for the fund raising to b a success the price has to above 50cts. TPY must b very good in such moves that is why he is invited to be in this fund raising?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 15:38 | Report Abuse

stkoay, TQ. I am writing because of idle time on my hands currently and also because of old nearly forgotten ties to MPCorp and Bill Ch'ng. Bought some shares to be emotionally involved as well. Not sure whether to invest more though. Does'nt fit my investment stock profile at all.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 15:44 | Report Abuse

Here is my take on what will happen when the corporate proposal approved and the entitlement is determined.

1. Why only 15MM shares to TPY , just good enough for him to become major shareholders

2. Why 0.55 per share ? This is to prepare for the possibility for TLO or TPY to go for General Offer ( or Mandatory Take Over ) when their share go beyond certain level and at this price , is not attractive enough to get to 90% and MPCORP will remain listed

3. TLO will able to exercise WB by entitlement date at revise exercise price of RM0.50 per share. The share will entitle WB holder for right , WC , ICULS A and ICULS B if converted before determine date.

4. TLO will only subscribe to the Right and WC. Total fund required from the corporate exercise will be RM69,639,224 . Funded by RM8,2500,000 from disposal to TPY , RM37,000,000 for repayment from MPCORP and RM24,389,224 from own pocket

Shareholding will be 38% ( without WC and ICULS conversion ) or 28.79% ( without WC but all ICULS converted )

5. TPY will subscribe to his right + WC. No ICULS A and B. Total proceed of RM63,105,000 from own pocket.

Shareholding will be 23% ( without WC and ICULS conversion ) or 13.49% ( without WC but all ICULS converted )

6. Protasco will buy over all ICULS A and ICULS B entitle to TLO and TPY for total cash consideration of RM98,358,321.

Shareholding will be 18.79% ( without WC conversion )

Protasco with more than RM150MM cash in hand will able to fund the purchase . Why not announce now , only announce by entitlement date ?

- Protasco in the mid of issuing 50MM private placement share at RM1.65 for cash consideration of RM82,500,000 with 2 free warrant per placement share at RM2 conversion price. Just received approval from SC to extend the approval date to 9th Jan 2015.

- The announcement of involving in MPCORP now while corporate proposal yet to get approval might put uncertainty to Protasco stock price and private placement. The best timing is to announce before circular is distributed when the corporate proposal finalized and approved. ( no more uncertainty )

7. The share structure will be TLO - 28.79% , TPY - 13.49% , Protasco - 18.79%

No single shareholder above 30% and board of director with 2 representative from TLO , 2 from Protasco and TPY. The company will full of synergy.

Current management will be happy to retain current CEO and with new board member to assist the CEO to unlock the value of the company...a father who will be happy to see the son successfully drive the company to a new high while his iconic project APTEC continue as per plan...can retire peacefully...

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 15:46 | Report Abuse

seek, if you want to know TPY's performance, study the case of IRETEX, you can understand more.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-22 15:58 | Report Abuse

@lohman. If you are looking for a decent return with minimal risk, I would like to recommend PRKCORP(8346). The Perak Govt proposed to take over thru SCR at 3.90. It is now trading at 3.46.
12% gain in a few months with a little risk looks attractive.
Declaration : I do own the stock.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-22 16:04 | Report Abuse

Sam, If you are not one of the syndicate then U are a great speculator....

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-22 16:26 | Report Abuse

@stkoay, Tks for the lead but I am actually in the process of liquidating the larger portion of my portfolio. Only holding some key stocks and taking small new trading positions for fun. Absolute YTD June return on portfolio is 23% after a 25% return in 2013. That is why I leave the last 10% of this year's market for others to make money.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-22 16:41 | Report Abuse

Good for you. Congrats!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz