MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORP BHD

KLSE (MYR): MPCORP (6548)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

Day's Change

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,841 comment(s). Last comment by Newtoshareworld 2024-04-01 16:01

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 00:48 | Report Abuse

Hi FY Koay , try to fan away ppl with other opinion than you ??? I will stay and keep sharing when ever I'm in town , while continue to FY , st Koay , the Big F.

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 01:03 | Report Abuse

Hey, stay cool dude Sam. And thanks for the response

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 01:06 | Report Abuse

Care to tell me the restaurant names that you mentioned? I like to go after some research on them

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 01:23 | Report Abuse

If can give significant tips the better , as my business partner from US follow US tipping style , 15% of total bill and higher than that if service is superb , then , very soon you will get VIP services .
One of my business partner very special , he like to ask for only 3 pcs of sushi as lunch in a Japanese restaurant. We went into one of the restaurant that we are 1st time there , the waiter said you need to follow the menu , he really unhappy with it and I need to do my part by asking the manager and convey his request ( He is Russian) . THe manager got it done immediately and big tips came after. I learn from here , get what the customer wants , they are happy , you are happy with better profit..2nd time I went there by myself, they treat me like king but unfortunately , my tips not as big as my business partners as I'm not from US, I'm from Penang , stringy with tips..only willing to pay for the food to fill up my stomach.

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 01:24 | Report Abuse

I will be in Penang by mid-August for meeting, just thought to pick up some names if you don't mind

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 01:25 | Report Abuse

his standard..tips never less than USD100...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 01:26 | Report Abuse

and he only consume 3 sushis...

Posted by Leong Hong Haye > 2014-07-25 07:36 | Report Abuse

Sam T...stay cool. Not to be provoked and might affect your inputs in this forum. I really like to read your thread. You are really superb. Kind and well cultured man. Thanks again for your relentless efforts to share your knowledge and input with the readers in this forum.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 08:24 | Report Abuse

Hi Hong Haye , Thank you . As for MPCORP , I already shared the overall review of the company , possible events , return and risk profile and possible strategy , my plan is to focus more on the stock price movement and the possibilities what is happening. Once there was any filling to Bursa , I will keep posting on my view. Stock investment is about the predicting the future..the probability of success increases if digesting more information and fill up the puzzle and draw up the scenarios and probability of happening. As this is about prediction , it might not be 100% accurate , therefore , it should represent any over view represent the information available during the time of publish and adjust accordingly with new information. [ this is why stock market is consider dynamic ]

DAZZLE79

62 posts

Posted by DAZZLE79 > 2014-07-25 08:26 | Report Abuse

WHAT IS THIS ARTICLE IN FOCUS MALAYSIA TODAY SAY MPCORP WILL FALL INTO PN17 http://www.focusmalaysia.my/Mainstream/MPCB-s-fundraising-may-fall-short

nch218

573 posts

Posted by nch218 > 2014-07-25 08:53 | Report Abuse

Hi, samT, your view on Mpcorp is must appreciated. Mind to share your view on the current panic selling on MPCorp Wb?? Thanks.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 08:54 | Report Abuse

Let me share why the ' man behind the scene' or partners of some investors are very important..

About 6 years ago , ( dig out from my memory ) a write up about interview with KKP , who used to be one of the richest guy in Malaysia but disappeared from the scene almost 20 years ago and most of his listed companies not really don't well for the past 10 years.

He is a 'good friend ' of Finance Minister. When his friend step down as Finance Minister , he decided ( may be should call 'force' ) to dispose his holding in the bank he hold. He shared his experience . A negotiation was on going at one of the hotel in KL , the deal was way below expectation , he walked out from the meeting room. Later , someone call him and ' advice' him to accept it. He went back to the negotiation next day and accepted the deal. After completed the transaction , the bank received licence for another 100 branches throughout the country.

He didn't mention the name but can be quite easily predicted.

The moral of the story is that the person behind the scene is important , especially those with strong political influence.

My observation is that market integrity improved quite significantly since the 90s but still , in any of the countries in this world , this still on going [ if interested , can search for another article about "United Banana Republic" ( I read the article in Chinese Press ) about how a company using political influence to monopolize banana supply to US ] and someone with political background will be in advantage side.

2 to 3 years back , when UMLand which own Seri Alam taken private by the tycoon and the business alliance , across my mid is that will he be interested with MPCORP land in Iskandar as this land adjoin to his land in Seri Alam ?? I wish he will do that as most likely he will pay premium for the stock based on his track record on taking listed company private. But nothing happen and I continue to buy sell within a price range to average down my holding price [ before corporate proposal , 0.42 to 3.00 , now adjusted to 0.42 to 1.60 due to dilution effects after completion of proposal ]

When Calvintaneng shared the information about the 1.8km 6 lanes road from Seri Aman to Lakehill and ADSB claiming the land , it make me remember again about the thought as above.. couple with the insider trading charge..is all this related ? I don't have an answer , I don't want to speculate , so , I keep it to myself and only share when related question bring up.

His company already thousands and thousands of acres of land at East IDR but he is ambitious businessman that always look for opportunity. With his financial and political influence , nothing is impossible to him. Will ADSB later sell the land to his company ?

My thought is that his company is the bigger treat than anyone else mention above like TPY etc..if he is interested with the land , he came from behind the scene , will be like Spinosaurus against Chameleon..

Therefore , my view is that current major shareholder should know that he cannot drag any longer , ADSB and RHB can anytime trigger a default on MPCORP and ' lelong ' will come..his iconic dream of APTEC Is gone ..

While the opportunity is still there , he need to act fast , get the company back on track. Therefore , I'm cautiously optimistic about the corporate proposal , especially the corporate proposal ' hint' that someone need to take up the ICULS A and B to make this happen and this need to be done before circular is distributed ( should refer to entitlement date )

in stock investment , the student know how to buy but the sifu know how to exit. What it means is buying is easy but to decide when to sell is challenging. Therefore , for every investment , we need to determine the exit strategy and execute it accordingly.

My exit strategy is simple

if the corporate proposal happen and new management emerge , I will raise my price range to 1.00 to 1.60 ( from current 0.42 to 1.60 ) and sell everything when hit 1.60 ( or any latest valuation price adjusted according to the latest information released )

Worst case scenario , nothing happen , I target to sell it no less than RM0.50 per share with only few hundred K profits and continue to drag on until I see everything.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 09:10 | Report Abuse

in 8 minutes of transaction..214,900 shares transacted 0.47 to 0.485 and now at 0.485. It seem like market is more optimistic than I thought..

someone will said , must be the major shareholder get someone to goreng it up ..I don't really care , as long as no news , my strategy remain the same..up you go , I sell to you. Down it go , I buy back...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 09:14 | Report Abuse

I used a self develop technical chart to manage the buy sell..I never worry about all this goreng kaki as I only worry when no one goreng and the stock price quite like dead water...once they goreng.. I will have share to sell to them..the higher they goreng..the more I sell..once the goreng over , price down , I buy and average price down and one day , I get back my initiate investment and the stock is at zero cost..bankrupt also no problem...

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 09:18 | Report Abuse

BC has no political clout and the kitty big enough to undertake those projects as planned

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 09:19 | Report Abuse

That Tan Sri's political wager is also diminishing, as you rightly pointed out.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 09:21 | Report Abuse

hi nch218 , as I shared earlier ( you can refer to the forum for more information) , some investors who hold the stock didn't want to invest more $$ into the company due to past bad experience ( 2010 right issue with warrant ) and concern about weak management, therefore, once they read the corporate proposal on Friday , the 1st question came to their mind , asked for $$ again and the $$ requested is huge in amount ( 10,000 shares will required RM8,000 , imagine if you hold 100,000 of shares ..which is quite a burden for retails investors ). This group of investors will choose to sell.

Next group that will sell their shares will be current holder who participate in right and warrant but didn't plan to invest further. Therefore , they will sell their share once go above RM0.50.

The high volume of transaction indicate that while panic investors are selling , some opportunists came in to pick up the stocks.

you can refer to the write up earlier about the return and risk about investing in this stock and the possible strategy to use..you can decide base on your personnel investment profile as everyone is different.

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-25 09:24 | Report Abuse

Does he has the political muscle to eat BC or TPY for lunch, I doubt so. But he certainly has the money, otherwise the ex-Miss Malaysia won't claim billions RM alimony from him. LOL

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 09:26 | Report Abuse

Hi Fortuneball , you are correct..BC almost by his own now..he better react fast.. The influence power of the Tan Sri still very much powerful as the favor he make to the government on cleaning up the GLC..he will get rewarded although his old ' boss' is losing control but he is moving forward well with the new ' boss'..

The market speculation is that he is keen with MAS..another favor for reward..

Posted by leslieroycarter > 2014-07-25 09:28 | Report Abuse

more rights and warrants and asking for more money is the problem , even the major shareholders are selling in millions...

see extract:
MULTIPLE PROPOSALS

MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORPORATION BERHAD ("MPC" OR "COMPANY")
(I) PROPOSED PAR VALUE REDUCTION;

(II) PROPOSED RIGHTS ISSUE OF SHARES WITH FREE WARRANTS;
(III) PROPOSED RIGHTS ISSUE OF ICULS A;
(IV) PROPOSED RIGHTS ISSUE OF ICULS B;
(V) PROPOSED INCREASE IN THE AUTHORISED SHARE CAPITAL; AND
(VI) PROPOSED MEMORANDUM AMENDMENT
(COLLECTIVELY THE "PROPOSALS")
You are advised to read the full announcement at http://www.bursamalaysia.com.

18/07/2014 07:00 AM

Ref Code: 201407183000359

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 09:29 | Report Abuse

I actually quite respect this guy as compare to the previous one in the 90s , who was more like a puppet . This guy is very smart and wise..smart guy see the opportunity and fully utilize it..

nch218

573 posts

Posted by nch218 > 2014-07-25 09:40 | Report Abuse

samT, Ecoworld bought Focal Aim now the price fly to the sky. When is Mpcorp turn?

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-25 09:43 | Report Abuse

Once the corporate exercise is done n others control the co....then maybe.....

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 09:43 | Report Abuse

Wah.............you think this space belong to you???? And only you can make comment.....only all the nice and good good think about this stock....and only you can talk bad about others......you think you are the tai kor here........you think I dare not answer you......I have just logged on.......not so free like you......spent so much time till midnight writing praises for this stock.
What did I say that is "forbidden" in this forum......did I get a red flags?......only you can determine what others can say........
Since you have said so much.......I want to only give a short response.
Go fly kite!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 10:15 | Report Abuse

I really love to see MP Corp fly up like a kite some day.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 10:18 | Report Abuse

Wish you good luck then.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 10:54 | Report Abuse

Have a nice day.

HOSEILIAU

23 posts

Posted by HOSEILIAU > 2014-07-25 10:57 | Report Abuse

DON'T ANGRY BE HAPPY.! CHOU LANG HAM HAM.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 12:37 | Report Abuse

Thank you. And you too.

HOSEILIAU

23 posts

Posted by HOSEILIAU > 2014-07-25 15:56 | Report Abuse

YOU ARE WELCOME.
YES, EVERYBODY TOO.

HOSEILIAU

23 posts

Posted by HOSEILIAU > 2014-07-25 16:03 | Report Abuse

NOW TOUCHING RM0.49

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 16:11 | Report Abuse

Very Good!

HOSEILIAU Means "EVERYTHING IS FINE". What is "CHOU LAND HAM HAM" means? I am really curious to know.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 18:25 | Report Abuse

I didn't manage to look at the stock price in the afternoon as need to drop by the YB office for some projects discussion and caught in the slow traffic. Is a surprise to the me the price up about 6% today which seem to be buyers are more eager than what I expected. As the volume dropped to about 400K yesterday , some investors who plan to wait for lower price might now panic and jump in. But I believe the price will stay between 0.455 to 0.50 for a while , volume in downward trend before go across 0.50 and with heavy selling and stay between RM0.50 to RM0.55. I will share some write up on event driven investors can take on MPCORP corporate proposal , hopefully before next Tuesday as after this , I will be busy travelling for business for couple of days.
Today seem to be a good day for me , MPHBCAP up more than 10% and my portfolio value up by few hundred K.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 19:11 | Report Abuse

@samT. No need to F here and F there, no one is above the law, we are civilized people and not animal.
You accused me of bad mouthing you....when did I do that?
I said MAY BE a professional promoter. MAY BE is not a CERTAINTY.
Go check again, prove that I did accused you of anything and I will apologize, if there's none, pls be a gentleman and no need to F people.
Not only you can F others, If I want to, I also can F people, but I don't do that....not even to calvin after he condemned the stock that I own and call for a sell.
My comment here is to tell Calvin that it is not morally correct to call for a sell on other stock. And I have Never made a sell call on this stock. What I commented is based on facts.
And every is entitled to his opinion, be it positive or negative.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 19:14 | Report Abuse

I only responded to calvintaneng AFTER he posted this..........
Do you all think it is morally correct to go to other thread to condemn other stock ??

Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 30, 2014 06:50 PM | Report Abuse

So Sell All Your KSL Shares Now & SWITCH ALL TO MP CORP.

KSL IS IN Sunset WHILE MP CORP's FORTUNE IS JUST IN THE SUN RISE.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 19:19 | Report Abuse

We are all here to make money and not enemy !!

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 20:03 | Report Abuse

Pls check and see if I have posted any comment here prior to Calvin's posting on 30-3-14.
I don't call for a sell on other's ppl. stock. And I am Not Qualified to do that either.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-07-25 20:06 | Report Abuse

SamT, stkoay and Calvin,
Come on guys...Please refrain from going after each other in a very negative manner and I urge you guys to rise above your own differences of opinions and go beyond hurdles as a result of prejudices and differences of investment opinions.

All of you have expressed your investment ideas and the merits or demerits of these investment ideas is up to the investors in i3 forum.

Let us focus on the sole purpose of making money through a healthy exchange of investment ideas and if you guys willingly allow yourselves to degenerate into negative actions then the larger purpose of making money in this forum may be impaired.

Please do think it over and please refrain from negative actions which may possibly have unintended consequences arising thereof.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 20:11 | Report Abuse

Sunztzhe,

Thank you. From Now On I Will Only Accentuate The Positive!

"MP'S FORTUNE IS NOW IN THE SUNRISE"

YES! YES! AND A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I REPEAT,
.......................MP'S CORP FORTUNE IS NOW IN THE SUN RISE!!!"

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 20:53 | Report Abuse

@sunztzhe. Thanks for commenting. I fully agree with you.

@calvintaneng. Go ahead and promote but pls don't call for sell on others. I will take back any of my commend if you feel its personal.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 21:05 | Report Abuse

StKoay,

Thank you. It's fine with me. Let's Look Forward to Greater Days Ahead

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 21:15 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng. Agree with you. And yes your MPCORP has started to perform.
So.........is your offer for me to buy 10k shares of MPCORP still stands......ha..ha...

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 21:32 | Report Abuse

StKoay,

Ha! Ha!

Yes I do. I also offered the same term to my Johor Sifu.

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 21:39 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng Thanks.....I was only joking........
May be will buy some to trade.......so when it finally run.....Calvin will not have the chance to laugh at me for missed opportunity.......Ha....Ha.......

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 21:57 | Report Abuse

I'm here to do my analysis and FY Koay started all the personnel attack... read through you own comment from beginning.

I hope that you keep your personnel attack away from me...

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 22:05 | Report Abuse

SamT,

What actually happened was. I started it first by going into StKoay's KSL Forum and upset StKoay. When StKoay hit back it was meant for me who hit first (sorry). Instead you got it.

Everything is fine now.

So Please Continue Your Great Sharing. All Are Waiting For More Updates From You. You Are Doing A GREAT JOB HERE!

Many Thanks

stkoay

6,412 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-07-25 22:18 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng. Thank You for clarifying.
I will look for past comments in other thread which might be personal and delete them.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 22:27 | Report Abuse

StKoay,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate this kind gesture.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-25 22:33 | Report Abuse

SamT,

Yes, I remember Shanghai Beach TV Series in the 80s. Again very nostalgic for me. The song by Frances Yip is very emotional

I am now viewing on YouTube

"The Testimony of Frances Yip at Calvary Convention Center on 8 September 2013." She is 65 years old last year.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-25 22:46 | Report Abuse

To all , I'm here to share my experience and knowledge. I like debating as this will initiate more thinking and fill up the puzzle for a better picture. What I shared about myself so far is true and without any ex-aggregation. I'm not here to promote any stock or trying to do any manipulation. This space is too small to influence the movement of the stock as is full of retails investors with small holding as compare to the big shark out there.
Today , stock market integrity improved significantly as compare to the 80s or 90s. We have a fairly good chance to excel together with the big shark.
The 90s thought of major shareholder will push up the share and sell was no longer a valid way for them to do without distributing the benefits to the minor shareholders as the Bursa require a filling for stock disposed or acquired by major shareholder and major shareholder need to inform SC if they intended to sell or buy any stock within one month of quarterly report announcement.
By paying attention to the SEC filling , we will able to adjust our strategy accordingly.
The filling provide us with the advantage against the major shareholder as we know what he or she is doing but not our strategy.
If they would like to get 3rd party to push up the stock price and sell later to gain as per the thought of manipulation in the 80s and 90s , we can always have the strategy to sell at a price range and instead of trapping you , they trapped themselves..
John So and Halim Saad did try to make their magic as per in the 90s. When they announced that they acquired certain percentage of share some small cap stocks in Bursa, no one excited about and totally no movement..The market is mature than years before.
We as minor shareholder , if can avoid following the speculation like in the 90s , our chances of making $$ is bright.
In the 90s , how many ppl surrounding me lost their wealth due to speculation ? A retiree in Taiping suicide as he contra 10,000 shares of Union Paper at 22.10 ( went all the way up from penny to highest 22.10 ) and the only 10,000 shares transacted at RM22.10 and after that the stock price fell all the way and then bankrupt. He has no $$ to pay..so , he choose to end his life.
90s stock market full of sadness..we are more fortunate today as we can invest in Unit Trust if we lack of investment knowledge and if we choose to invest ourselves , we always has reference such as analysis report to refer to..

I would like to share my experience and investment method that you can consider..I'm not here to promote myself ( I rather do nothing and relax ) or trying to influence anyone with my write up. As human being , we are able to read , understand and decide.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz