MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORP BHD

KLSE (MYR): MPCORP (6548)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

Day's Change

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,841 comment(s). Last comment by Newtoshareworld 2024-04-01 16:01

Posted by leslieroycarter > 2014-07-22 17:04 | Report Abuse

major shareholders are selling million shares in mpcorp , I think going wrong somewhere?

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-07-22 17:23 | Report Abuse

Thks Cytew. TPY is involved in many listed co. to put in more money have to look up his manouvres.
Thks Samt for your input. As long as restructuring is on, the uncertainty is lifted. Hopefully it is smooth running n no further litigation !

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-22 18:18 | Report Abuse

leslieroycarter , which major shareholder you are referring ? TLO or TPY ?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 18:47 |

Post removed.Why?

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 19:30 | Report Abuse

Hi wt222 , if you read through this forum , you can easily find some comment which is baseless and got turn down with facts..this is an example of speculator...the mirror will show the speculator in front of you...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 19:37 | Report Abuse

Hi leslieroycarter , when major shareholders with more than 5% holding in hand , they will need to report to Bursa when they purchase or dispose MPCORP stocks. TLO and TPY will need to do so . So far , yet to see any announcement about any changes in stock holding by either TLO or TPY.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 19:41 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvintaneng , Since you are familiar with Johor property market , you might able to provide some insight here. Protasco and AB ( a company under TPY ) form a 64% : 36% JV to develop a pcs of land at Pasir Gudang , 99 years leasehold land at size of ~ 15 acres from JCorp at ~RM36 per ft2. GDV at RM505MM. Do you have any comment of the location of this land , it might be a good reference to MPCORP land at Taman Nusa Damai.

Posted by kokwai9319 > 2014-07-22 19:59 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvin , nobody hear that. So much fear!Much more @ WB

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 22:01 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvin , TPY became an official major shareholder might not warrant a buy opportunity but provide us the information if he dispose or purchase MPCORP stock in the open market , then , we will able to gauge his confident with this stock. Some of his 'business associate' might buy in the stock and not appear in the system if holding below 5%. Therefore , I was checking through the top 30 shareholder list of all his companies to find a common name and pay attention if this person at the end appear in the major shareholder list in the future. If you pay attention to the list , you will see some common name appears in the top 30 shareholders list . Example , if you go into Keladi , GBH , FCW etc under THC , you will see a lady name appears in the top 30 shareholder list of all this stocks and didn't seem to have any relationship with him..

The more we dig in and analyse , the more we know and can adjust the strategy accordingly.

I'm confident that MPCORP will be better than today after the corporate proposal as the new management will not worst than the management today. But the upside reduces as the significantly diluted , so , my expected return from this stock need to be revise downward..

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 22:10 | Report Abuse

in financial , there was a term called myopic aversion..which means investors become panic or get excited when the stock price fluctuate ..if you deal with long term investment , one of the way to overcome this is to pay less attention to daily fluctuation.
As MPCORP corporate exercise take about 6 months for approval until distribution of circular and most likely the key action will happen towards the day after announcement of entitlement date, therefore , stay relax now , strategize yourself and prepare for the battle day by end of this year..

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 22:15 | Report Abuse

I hold about 1,500,000 shares of YTLREIT as well , mainly for dividend income and reinvestment with target of at least 10% compounded return per year for my Core ( I'm using Core Satellite strategy for my portfolio ) . I read through the forum as well and thinking that I can share something since 2 weeks ago but didn't manage to do so as focusing on MPCORP. At least now can take a break to write something for YTLREIT investors..hopefully can provide extra information for their decision making

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 22:35 | Report Abuse

SamT,

Sorry for not replying earlier. Most Johor leasehold lands are in Bukit Dahlia & Air Biru & Bandar Uda Area. I am not so sure about the status of Damansara Aliff. If In Pasir Gudang JCorp has Lands in Bukit Dahlia Area or Air Biru.

As leasehold they sell for a discount to freehold. 2 Years ago I bought a 2 Storey 5 Rooms 3 Baths House in Taman Air Biru For RM75,000. Reason for such low price is because it has a leasehold title. For Bukit Dahlia the Ambience Is Better & Also Quite Near NUSA DAMAI. So It Has A Higher Value Than Taman Air Biru.

As For Protasco and AB I need to check on them.

In any Case MP Corp's NUSA DAMAI Has The Very Best Ambience in Pasir Gudang. It Looks Something Like DESA PARK CITY IN Kepong.

As to checking on Other Interested Parties Buying & Selling MP Corp I need others to follow up. At this Raya Season I am extremely busy rushing to complete renovation projects.

Again, I feel it is far more important that we BUY INTO VALUE. If We Have Secured A GREAT VALUE SHARE AT A VERY LOW ENTRY PRICE - WE ARE ALREADY PROPECTED BY A BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY.

Let Me Illustrate:

Most Banks Are Afraid To Give Loans for Pasir Gudang Properties After The Asian Financial Crisis. Houses Sold For RM200,000 with RM180,000 loan (90%) Were for closed by the thousands.

In Those Years of 2003 to 2009. Prices Fell To As Low As RM50K to RM60K in JB High Court Auction.

However, The ISKANDAR SUPER BOOM HAS PROPELLED THESE SAME PROPERTIES TO SKY HIGH BIDDINGS - FAR FAR MORE THAN ALL BAD DEBTS PLUS INTEREST PLUS LEGAL FEES.

Example: Properties Can Be Bidded Up To RM300,000 To The GASP Of Bank Managers!

In Taman University I used to look at single storey houses as low as RM18,000. Today, these low cost houses are bidded upward to RM170,000 a unit.

ALL HOUSING AGENTS & SYNDICATES ARE SHAKING THEIR HEADS IN DISBELIEF!

BEFORE A BANKRUPT. AFTER AUCTION A DISCHARGED BANKRUPT!

As Told By Sr Samual Tan of KGV Lambert International

There was a Real Estate Going For Auction in JB HIGH COURT. The Bankrupt Owner owed the Bank A Million RM.

At Bidding, Sr. Samuel Tan saw with ASTOUNDING SURPRISE That This Property Valued at RM1 Million Went Into Fierce Bidding War

RM1 Million

RM2 Million

RM3 Million

GOING ONCE! GOING TWICE! SOLD FOR RM4 MILLIONS TO THE GREAT ASTONISHMENT OF EVERYONE INCLUDING THE BANKRUPT OWNER.

SO BEFORE A BANKRUPT MILLION, AFTER AUCTION HE WAS A RESTORED DISCHARGED MILLIONAIRE AGAIN!

THIS IS THE REASON WHY CALVIN TAN IS SO VERY, VERY BULLISH ON MP CORP'S ASSETS IN NUSA DAMAI!

ALL OWNERS EVEN IF ALL GO BANKRUPT DOESN'T MATTER. THE THING THAT REALLY MATTERS IS THE VERY PRIME JEWEL OF NUSA DAMAI LANDS!

RM70! PER SQ FT

RM100!

RM150!

RM300!

RM500!

RM1,000!

RM5,000! PER SQ FT

WOW! I AM DREAMING!

How Much Is Damansara Height Land Worth? Just THINK!

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-22 22:44 | Report Abuse

It will drop more, don't buy now.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 22:59 | Report Abuse

Drop more?

I Must Get Ready "OPERATION TONG SAMPAH" tomorrow.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:11 | Report Abuse

HI Calvin , Thanks or the insight.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:23 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven Yong , let me share my experience with you , assuming you are younger than me and yet to go through financial crisis in year 1998 ( 1st Sept 1998 , the worst ever in Bursa history ). I was quite lucky as I graduated in year 1995 and begin to accumulate investment fund and the financial crisis gave me the opportunity to start early and at right timing and I managed to stay at compounded 30% return for the past 17 years of investment. When I first started to invest in 1997/98 , I learn a lot from the 1993 bull run ( I went to the security to understand why the stock can go up 100X in weeks while most investors not even know what they investing in and then most paid back their gain with their wealth during the crash in 1998 and 2000 ) . When I wanted to invest in 1997/98 , I'm a rookies and most ppl asked me not to invest as the market will continue to go down , even when CI at as low as ~ 300 points ..retreat all the way from may be 1400 points due to capital control. I was lucky that I jump in with the thought of averaging down and I make a substantial return . Although my fund was quite small at that time , the significant growth pave the foundation for my future investment.

Therefore , my advice is , instead of waiting for the stock to bottom , should begin to set a buying price and continue to average down if the price keep on falling or average up if the price going up.

It can be 10,000 shares each at RM0.455 , RM0.445 , RM0.435... or

10,000 shares each at RM0.455 , RM0.465 , RM0.475...

as we not really know when the market reversal will happen...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:29 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvin , I have good faith on the land but not the management. For the past 5 years when I started participate since previous right issue , I viewed through google mp for not less than 100X to convince myself that the pcs of land worth good value as surrounded by developing area and continue to accumulate even down to the lowest of RM0.29 to average down. Unfortunately , as a minor shareholder , we don't have control on the land and need to depends on the management , which unfortunately , weak in execution...
The corporate proposal give me the hope that the asset value will be unlock as so far I'm in positive territory , I'm OK to wait for a while as I already wait patiently for the past 5 years..

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-22 23:33 | Report Abuse

SamT,

In year 2009 Focal Aims was 11 cents

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:46 | Report Abuse

Yes , the opportunity to make big $$ is during financial crisis when all stocks area trade at deep discount and not when CI continue to break record high..in 1998 , if my memory serve me well , TNB at RM2 per share and PBB at RM0.80.
I never use margin account to trade share so far but I always keep a lump sum of cash , mortgage my properties with a lump sum of cash in my mortgage account waiting for the crisis day..in 1998 , I did try to take risk by asking for bank loan to invest in stock but the bank turn me down..therefore , the lesson I learn is don't start to borrow during crisis time , borrow ahead of crisis time , has the cash in the mortgage account ( since is flexi home loan , no need to serve interest as long as the fund is in the account ) and jump in kuat kuat during crisis time with bank $$ and after significant gain , return the money back to the bank and earn the differences..

ppl said , bank utilize our $$ to make profit when we keep our $$ in FD , we can also utilize bank $$ to make money if we invest at the right timing , the crisis time which might happen only once in a blue moon..

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:50 | Report Abuse

This is also one of the reason I invest bigger portion of my portfolio in high dividend stock as we cannot time the crisis and once crisis happen , the dividend can be reinvested in stock at deep discount and this will significantly enhance the value of the portfolio when the market begin to pick up ..although at bull market , this kind of portfolio yield worst than average market. So , I use risky stock like MPCORP etc in my satellite to enhance my portfolio overall return

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-22 23:52 | Report Abuse

For my satellite , once boost every 5 years will able to sustain my compounded return at 30% annually.

This is like the hedge fund , they will invest in 10 projects at 10X return. 1 successful project will breakeven , 2 successful project equal to 100% return..I'm not as adventurous as them..so , I only invest in stock which I believe once the asset value unlock in the future , will yield about 5X return

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-23 06:33 | Report Abuse

SamT, thanks for the sharing!!

speakup

26,835 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-07-23 07:43 | Report Abuse

Can't trust Bill Ch'ng.

member41

3,718 posts

Posted by member41 > 2014-07-23 08:33 | Report Abuse

Can Charles man the boat successfully?

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-23 08:43 | Report Abuse

Can curi ayam a bit....but I doubt how far can Bill and TPY go....one with a lousy management record and another one with goreng-goreng record...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 09:05 | Report Abuse

hi wt222 , you are welcome. This is the space to share and make friends...and everyone make $$ together

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 09:46 | Report Abuse

Here is my thought

the lousy management won't add value to you. They hold valuable asset and can't execute it , so , their score are -1. The goreng - goreng guy can add value to you as long as you track his path ( because he goreng to earn money ) , so , the score will be 0.5. Add both together , you will get -0.25..still better than -1. So , should be better than before.

I ran through the 20 pages proposal again and again just to find any hidden agenda and all possibilities and scenarios ..I summarized at below: ( from highest to lower possibilities )

1. 3 major shareholders with less than 30% holding to strike a balance.

Most will concern that TLO will not give away the control but look at the proposal , TLO sold 15M share to TPY and transfer the option of 114MM right with WC to TPY. Both committed to the right and WC but not the ICULS A and ICULS B . The statement said - the board need to find shareholder to take up the minimum qty of ICULS A and ICULS B and get this done before the circular ( which is equal to the entitlement to TLO and TPY ) and need to be taken up for the proposal to happen.

So , who is willing to take up the ICULS A and ICULS B ?? Minor shareholder will not commit to it even I plan to subscribe it later . So , they need to identify someone to take it up for the proposal to happen. So a third party most likely will emerge and for the best interest of TPY , Protasco should be the company and with capability to do so .

TPY is a smart guy , we know that current management is weak , he should know even better..if the current management still in full control , will he dare to throw in his $$ if he don't have the opportunity to drive or involve actively ?

As TLO only stay with their current holding and right entitlement without subscribing the ICULS A and B + conversion of WB, their final holding might only stay at < 20%, there are high opportunity that they might lost the control of the company if someone trigger a takeover call on the stock and to fight for the control , huge amount of $$ will be required to battle for the remaining stock in the market and will be a lost to TLO and a gain to TPY and minor shareholder if he decided to sell everything back. THen , TLO will back to the starting point and forge out more $$.

Therefore , a check and balance between the 3 parties strike before the corporate proposal released. With TLO at the end with ~ 28% , TPY + 3rd party at ~ 32% and make the take over to above 50% difficult , therefore , it meet the objective for both side

The 5.21% share sales at RM0.55 is to fix the reference price if either parties decided to go for mandatory take over. From the proposal , it stated that if TLO share increase by 2% or TPY go beyond 33% , General Offer need to be trigger. My view is that this is to prevent when either party decided to increase their holding ( which is quite likely when WB is converted ) , the General Offer price is not attractive and either side cannot take advantage of others..

Therefore , my believe this is the most possible scenario

2. TLO remain in control while TPY with less aggressive roles.

If both subscribe to the ICULS A and ICULS B , TLO holding will be way above TPY , which is not what TPY would like to see with his ~ RM70MM committed to the company.

If TLO decided not to take the ICULS A and ICULS B to stay balance with TPY , then , for the proposal to happen , someone need to take the ICULS A and ICULS B to the minimum subscription level , so , a 3rd party will still emerge in this case.

When 3rd party emerge and if with relationship with TPY , TLO will be in disadvantage , therefore , the WB need to be converted to balance the holding..so , back to scenario 1.

3. The corporate proposal didn't happen at all ..all will be the loser , TLO , TPY and all of us who hold the shares. Therefore , this scenario is most unlikely..

IN summary , I don't think they trust each other base on their track record..therefore , a check and balance is strike during due diligence before releasing the corporate proposal to the public.

What an investors can do to capitalize from the scenario above

Investors will accumulate a portion of target holding by now , at below RM0.50 ( below the right price ) Spare some cash in hand to increase holding and subscribe to the entitlement

Continue to observe the situation. If the progress pointed to scenario 1 , increase holding. If no clear sign , sideline and wait ...

If ending up as # 2 and # 3 , investors can hold on with the stock until completed the corporate proposal , when after the major shareholder injected their cash to the company , dispose the holding , most likely will get price close to RM0.50 , at breakeven or a cup of coffee at Starbuck..

This represent an opportunity for low downside high upside ...

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 09:51 | Report Abuse

For my side , as I already hold enough share and the entitlement and I need to decide on either to invest another RM1,200,000 to fully subscribe to the right + WC + ICULS A + ICULS B , I will sideline as of now , monitoring the progress and if scenario # 1 seem to be the most possible , I might consider to inject fresh fund to the company or a combination of fresh fund + fund from dispose of partial holding . If scenario 2 and 3 is the most likely scenario when get closer to the end of the year , I will look for opportunity to reduce holding after completion of corporate proposal of not less than RM0.50 as this still provide few hundred thousands of return for my holding.

I'm cautiously optimistic and based on all my repeated review of the proposal and information search , I strongly believe scenario # 1 is most possible...I hope I'm right as this will load up my pocket for other high growth stock in next 1 to 2 years...

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-23 09:55 | Report Abuse

Bro, thumbs up.....really impressive....

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 10:08 | Report Abuse

Lets make $$ together ..tell the big shark that we are with them..leave some residual to us to digest ..we are symbiosis , when you eat the big fish , leave some flash to us...already more than enough to fill our tummies..

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:18 | Report Abuse

Bill Ch'ng is not trust worthy at all. The late TS Lim Goh Tong will tell you. And the many businessmen that have worked with him before

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:20 | Report Abuse

TPY is only an opportunist with shallow-pocket. Using 7 margin accounts at various banks to warehoused his 2-3 companies bear evidence to this

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:21 | Report Abuse

Quick run from new ventures for a quick buck provide further testament what animal he is

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:22 | Report Abuse

I am taking a chair to sit by the side to watch how an old chameleon will have TPY for lunch

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:24 | Report Abuse

Anyway the proposal is still at its 'infantry' stage with the 3rd party to take up those ICULs nowhere to be found as at yet

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:24 | Report Abuse

And Bill already makan 10 sen for 15m shares from TPY first

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:26 | Report Abuse

Say what you like that TPY paid the 10 sen as "passport money" to gain access to the proposal or due diligence etc. Still, Bill 1 : TPY 0 for now

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:27 | Report Abuse

And pretty soon I will see Bill scoring another, LOL

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-23 10:30 | Report Abuse

@samT, an incisive analysis. You hit the nail on the head, neither side trusts the other; that's how the numbers were worked out. With the proposal, BC has bought time from creditors; and can still look for a better deal elsewhere. On the other hand, TPY is only putting RM8.25 mil at risk currently for a chance to make tenfold that. There's still room for manoeuvers from either side in the interim.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 10:43 | Report Abuse

Hi lohman , you are correct. Is tussle between the 2 parties to gain the most out from others. As minor shareholder , we can just sideline observe the progress and take action accordingly. Frankly speaking , I don't trust both of them as well , just try to find way to gain the most from my investment

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:56 | Report Abuse

'.....Frankly speaking , I don't trust both of them as well..." Good strategic position you are taking, Sam

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:56 | Report Abuse

To be fair, Bill is much more dangerous than TPY

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:57 | Report Abuse

Just look how he screwed Amanahraya. He can put sands in the spoon that fed him

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 10:58 | Report Abuse

Hi Fortuneball , as compare to others investors , TLO is not as smart as other on appreciating their investment in MPCORP. My tracking showing that TLO investment in MPCORP is at ~ 0.35 to 0.40 per share. At current price their return is quite small , even lower than FD hen compounded for a period of 8 years. Gain RM0.10 from TPY is just only RM1.5MM and to TLO , this is just peanut as compare to their wealth of more than RM400MM years back. Comparing current interest in MPCORP , TLO has big junk in it while TPY only committed small portion of money , worst case scenario , he lost all that only cost him RM8.25MM or more likely scenario , he sold it at RM0.40 and lost RM1.75MM.

I believe TPY Is wise enough to have support from the back to deal with TLO ..where I'm trying to find out whoever with this capability. If TPY partner with Protasco , they will at least equal to TLO if not better. Look the JV projects between AB and Protasco at Pasir Gudang. TPY initial the projects and then became a JV with Protasco with 36:64 share and Protasco seem to be fully backing up the project financially.

I believe the same is happening in MPCORP , TPY take the lead and Protasco is backing him up.

There are others which will do the same as well , this is one of the reason I screen through the list of top 30 share holders for his company and one name appears with quite substantial holding but very low profile as not to appear as Director of the company ( so that no information can be disclosed ). I really curious will this person has strong financial or other political background to support TPY ?? I'm continue searching...

Anyway , if the deal got turn down , TPY can walk away with only a small lost ( consider invest in option and got burn ) . TLO will need to face the music ..ADSB will take away the land ( as I always believe the neighbor at Seri Alam with strong political connection will be interested with the land ) and RHB might trigger a default ..all this will put MPCORP in jeoperdy and who will get brn the most ..

TPY downside - RM8.25MM only
TLO - 10 sen down per share will almost wipe off 25MM of their wealth...

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 10:58 | Report Abuse

That's only a recent incident. And a poor Amanaharaya official had to resigned because of him

cytew

1,601 posts

Posted by cytew > 2014-07-23 11:00 | Report Abuse

Sam T , thanks for your good analysis.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-23 11:01 | Report Abuse

Yes , Bill will score another ..call own goal !!! LOL

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 11:03 | Report Abuse

Bill Ch'ng through TLO has no long term "perseverance" to make good MPC. Like TPY, he is another opportunist.

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 11:04 | Report Abuse

His modus operandi over his past 50 working years have been to draw you a grand picture first and then chip you bit by bit until you are sucked dry

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-23 11:05 | Report Abuse

Genting Resort and Sentosa Island sprung to my mind....

Post a Comment
Market Buzz