KNM GROUP BHD

KLSE (MYR): KNM (7164)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.07 - 0.07

Trading Volume

72 people like this.

58,958 comment(s). Last comment by Auntylee 1 day ago

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-09-15 15:00 | Report Abuse

CyrusQ

You and me sama2 saja. Tis counter right now hot ma. I see your posting also 9/10 related to this counter. I hv a few other counters but those are boring type, long term dividend stocks. Later when I free I will still comment a bit becoz I bought.

Medusa

537 posts

Posted by Medusa > 2023-09-15 15:06 | Report Abuse

Stock: [SAPNRG]: SAPURA ENERGY BERHAD

1 month ago | Report Abuse

Bye Bye I cabut first

Follow Medusa earn 100%

Follow Bobby b40 forever Holland coming

Kikiki…

# Look at all the post " Medusa "

That scammer BobAxx dared not post in Sapula due to his incompetent forecast. Ask any Sapula forumer they will know who is BobAxx always there comment RO expired, beyond repair, company wind up, rip. We here buying earned 100% that Bobby suddenly disappeared from forum.

Kikiki…

doubleup

51 posts

Posted by doubleup > 2023-09-15 15:06 | Report Abuse

I heard latest news Tunku working very hard on Borsig/SGX. Hope we have some announcement soon. Then I can up rocket make some money first. Haha...

doubleup

51 posts

Posted by doubleup > 2023-09-15 15:09 | Report Abuse

Medusa,

You mean tat BobAxx is fake news guy? Maybe he lost his pants cabut oredit. I dun like people like tat. Other people want to make money they kacau the project with fake stories. No good.

maxwin69

70 posts

Posted by maxwin69 > 2023-09-15 15:30 | Report Abuse

Yes, a lot of fake news. Earlier there was news Borsig list US NASDAQ. I call up the company to enquire. They say no such thing. But SGX is real. And looks like it's very likely near future. Fingers crossed we make some windfall here.

maxwin69

70 posts

Posted by maxwin69 > 2023-09-15 15:32 | Report Abuse

😀😀😍😍🤑🤑🤠🤠😁😁

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-15 15:56 | Report Abuse

UpUpRocket

CyrusQ

You and me sama2 saja. Tis counter right now hot ma. I see your posting also 9/10 related to this counter. I hv a few other counters but those are boring type, long term dividend stocks. Later when I free I will still comment a bit becoz I bought.

# Look at your date before comment la , apa sama ? i was here earlier @ sardine keep promoting. Don't twist and turn i'm not a-line with you.

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-15 16:00 | Report Abuse

UpUpRocket

# Why need to hide @ use your main account la.

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-09-15 17:12 | Report Abuse

CyrusQ

New account cannot do posting? Where is the ruling? Did anyone ask you this question when your account was new?

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-09-15 17:22 | Report Abuse

Earlier a lot of investors complained about the sale of FBM which is a profitable asset. It seems that lately the competition is really heating up and the management selling it off made sense to improve cash flow, in view of PN17 and RO.

But understandably there were some complaints about the low selling price of only 50% of the book value. But that's the reality, isn't it? When we want to sell off a business we usually have to give a steep discount. 50% is bad, but it could have been worse. Investors are beginning to understand this and we hear less complaints. I'm sure the management feels heavy hearted to sell below book value. But at the same time they must be relieved because FBM was bleeding losses and sucking up cash flow.

pinetree88

315 posts

Posted by pinetree88 > 2023-09-15 17:48 | Report Abuse

Is there a major event or creditor meeting/voting on 20/9?

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-15 18:46 | Report Abuse

UpUpRocket

CyrusQ

New account cannot do posting? Where is the ruling? Did anyone ask you this question when your account was new?

# Ha Ha , .... Whatever @ Feel Free to post ... Con-Man ... , You're not the only one .. Usually will appear and after thing over all gone disappear.

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-09-15 23:26 | Report Abuse

Cyrus!

# Ha Ha , .... Whatever @ Feel Free to post ... Con-Man ... , You're not the only one .. Usually will appear and after thing over all gone disappear.

#I have been in this forum maybe before you were born. You should learn some respect, young man. Find out - before this forum is i invest, what was the name earlier. i also posted thousand comments earlier. Don't assume new account is con man. The fact that nobody chase me out that time means I never post even one fake news. You are a coward and lazy investor never find out and post the facts. Just careful your own posting, don't disturb others.

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-15 23:35 | Report Abuse

The 20/9 deadline is crucial because the RO. A lot of investors are worried. But the management is very confident. So far they have been very transparent with the creditors, especially ADB and TA/Danos. Their plans on how to repay their loans and extending the RO have been very transparent and have earned the trust of their creditors. It's just a few days away. Let's see how the management perform. And earn the trust of investors like us to continue holding on to our position. Hopefully we will be rewarded with windfall earnings.

doubleup

51 posts

Posted by doubleup > 2023-09-15 23:52 | Report Abuse

Most investors and investment club members are armchair entrepreneurs and armchair critics. I am also one of them. Sometimes we dont realize how difficult it is to do business and to succeed as an entrepreneur.

Post-Covid lots of businesses everywhere have closed shop due to a soft market and due to competition. And, no matter how high the barriers of entry - whether in terms of capital investment or high-technology, new players can still overcome those barriers and enter the market to compete with the incumbents.

For KNM, this is the reality. Competition is disturbing the status quo at FBM, at the Thailand ethonal and at the UK investments. So much so that KNM has no choice but to consolidate their cash position and offload businesses that are bleeding losses and sucking up cash flow. This will enable the Group to take a breath, and then plan for their next move and make a strong comeback.

Regarding the selling price to offload these subsidaries, the selling price is a point of contention where we feel the pain of letting go our assets at a price way below market and way below book value. But in the end we have to face the reality of the sacrifice we have to make in order to sell off these subsidiaries. Management have considered all the angles of this business decision and decided to go with the big companies who are eyeing our assets.

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-16 06:57 | Report Abuse

UpUpRocket

Cyrus!

#I have been in this forum maybe before you were born. You should learn some respect, young man. Find out - before this forum is i invest, what was the name earlier. i also posted thousand comments earlier. Don't assume new account is con man. The fact that nobody chase me out that time means I never post even one fake news. You are a coward and lazy investor never find out and post the facts. Just careful your own posting, don't disturb others.

# Ok , keyboard warrior ....... More Twist and Turn .

doubleup

51 posts

Posted by doubleup > 2023-09-16 11:28 | Report Abuse

20/9 RO deadline coming up soon. Next week will be exciting with lots of speculation whether RO will be renewed. Haters will say it won't be renewed, and spark off selling the stock. But I will be hanging on even if there is roller coaster. So far management can win the confidence of creditors and should extend it. Just that some people may spread fake news regarding hostile takeover and some investors may buy more of the stock. They think this is good development for the company. But if the creditors are worried they may just come down on the whole group. The possibility is there but at the end of the day I believe good sense will prevail. I'm holding on to this stock. If you are also holding on let's give ourselves some moral support. Maybe tough week ahead...

maxwin69

70 posts

Posted by maxwin69 > 2023-09-16 18:15 | Report Abuse

Most likely the creditors would want to work with somebody they already know. The current management have been honest about the situation and open up the books to them for inspection. They also try to realize assets and improve cash flow to pay off the creditors. The creditors wouldn't want to risk having a relationship with a new management. Most likely they will just maintain the current situation. The share play will be among the big boys with deep pockets. Small investors like myself will just try to ignore news about any changes and focus on other counters instead for the coming weeks. Let the dust settle and review the situation again. But it will be fun to watch this counter...

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-09-17 13:34 | Report Abuse

Business should be simple. There are only three things in a business, whether it is a micro-business or a Fortune 500 one. (1) Make good and unique product. (2) Market it well, and (3) back it up with enough capital.

But sometimes businessmen cannot do these three simple things. For half a century, General Motors has been the world's largest company in the Fortune 500. They formulated a good marketing strategy which took them to the top of the world.

Then they had a new CEO who was not smart, and the stock price fell from $100 to $0 in ten years. The chart shows a steady drop of $10 per year. They went bankrupt in 2009.

Some of the most famous business and marketing consultants say the failure of General Motors lies in their marketing. They produced cars that most people won't want to buy.

KNM has so far been a darling stock, because the company has good marketing capabilities and has entered into the less competitive technology industry. But today's competition is more intense, and the profit margin has become razor-thin. The current management has no choice but to sell and consolidate. They will plough back their investment in better companies like Borsig.

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-09-17 13:38 | Report Abuse

Rick Wagoner served as Chairman and CEO of General Motors for 10 years from 2000 to 2009. He is the boss of the world's largest company, and they have given him 10 years to fix it. He couldn't fix it because he had no idea how. He eventually killed the company.

Tunku and his team were at the helm for only one year, but they have already made big strides in solving problems. According to my humble observation, they have adopted all the correct measures in strategic, marketing and fixing the finance department. They have the least problems with the production department, because there are many capable engineers there.

Now, if they can give that Rick guy for ten years, why can't we give our Tunku ten years? Just watch his performance, don't complain, see whether he can take KNM to great heights again.

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-09-17 14:42 | Report Abuse

We are celebrating Malaysia Day and we want to be patriotic. We want to support our homegrown Tunku who is well-known in the country with many decades of experience especially related to this industry the company is in. Besides that Tunku is chairman of the board of trustees of Budimas, that famous charity helping more than 150,000 under-privileged children across the country.

In contrast, we know that our new wannabe-chairman is a firearms manufacturer, probably helping to aggravate the war in Ukraine and making the world more uninhabitable .

Tunku is not the only one that people have doubts, even though he is a highly educated and qualified gentlemen who worked in the Big Five audit firms in the world, PWC. Tengku Mahaleel helmed Proton from 1996-2005, roughly the same time when Rick Wagoner was boss of GM. In contrast, Tengku Mahaleel adopted marketing strategies formulated by Alfred P Sloan, the genius of GM in the early days. At that time, GM was almost bankrupt. Alfred's marketing skills took them out from that deep-sea situation to the top of the world. Most people did not know, our Tengku was using the same successful marketing strategies for Proton. He differentiated his product models well, just like he learned from Alfred.

Proton discarded its initial, famous "Milo-tin" image and today we still talk about our Wira, Waja, Satria and many other tahan lasak models on the road. But today we talk about Proton with much more love and respect than before. Of course , Tengku Mahaleel's haters will say Proton had government support. They overlooked and played down his business and marketing skills. Even Rick Wagoner had the support of his shareholders to continue as the boss for ten years. But his performance showed that he didn't know how to run the business.

Tengku Mahaleel built a wonderful network for selling his cars until someone took over, probably due to political reasons. Proton was successful and profitable under him. It started making losses when he left and today Proton has a new foreign boss. We Malaysians feel sad, don't we?

Why not on this Malaysia Day, we give our support to our local entrepreneur Tunku who is capable, and give ourselves a pat on the back for being patriotic?

https://www.mole.my/mahaleel-criticised-over-his-proton-claims/

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-17 14:47 | Report Abuse

I agree PMX is in a dangerous situation and may be toppled anytime, even though I don't consider myself an expert in politics. He doesn't seem like a capable guy, he's good at talking only.

Tunku's situation is much more stable. Sources close to the company say he has at least three times more shares compared to his opponent the German guy. Unlike PMX, there is no danger of anyone toppling him, whether EGM or AGM.

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-17 14:59 | Report Abuse

We all want to make money. The most popular strategy is buy low sell high, buy on tips and sell on rumours.

But this favourite strategy has some flaws. I'm sure if you are a seasoned investor you would know. Sometimes tips are fake. The most famous one which happened long ago was UEM where the directors gave fake tips to pump up the market. They quickly dumped their shares and lots of investors got hurt. This thing is still happening today to many counters.

A better strategy would be to pick companies with good future potential and prospects. This way, even if they do pump-and-dump, we can still hold on for later profits.

It's logical to think that if a foreigner takes over the company will be in a better shape. Immediately the share price will jump based on this news. So it makes sense to buy. But some investors will second-guess. Is it really true that foreigners can perform better than our Tunku? (It's our "foreign things are better" mentality.)

But looking at Tunku's track record people may not be convinced a foreigner can perform better, or will be more honest. So, our buy-low-sell-high strategy may backfire instead.

It makes more sense to stick to our Tunku and his team and hold on for longer term profits. If the share price jumps once the situation seems stable and investors feel more confident we can still take a lot of profit from there. Don't you think this is a win-win strategy?

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-17 18:05 | Report Abuse

You're right on all counts. But there's a catch. If the creditors get worried they might just take over. Then both sides will lose this wonderful asset. KNM will likely kantoi go down. Then everybody lose.

Posted by AnonymousJr > 2023-09-17 19:37 | Report Abuse

I cant access KNM Bhd data on bursa today Sunday. Anyhow,

Current debt in default is RM409.46mil (in the form of Thai bonds)? Is this currently the main thing to be concerned of?
And would Thai bio-ethanol plant assets amount to this or less or more?

Can you refinance the Thai bond maybe via some Japanese bond issuance which still have one of the lowest interest rates worldwide? German bonds are considerable at 1st glance.

If cant list Borsig via sponsor etc or sell Hudson at good price, why not consider help from professionals at Goldman / J.P Morgan? They are pretty skilled at listing for good prices especially if you have a good foreign listed business.

Shareholders would like more info on Thai operations. So much money has been spent there, whats economics of bio-ethanol previously and now? Were there unreported related 3rd party transactions? Can this business turn around? Whats the current operation financial breakdown?

All in maybe give shareholders a simple explanation or a press release.

Bullkobear

320 posts

Posted by Bullkobear > 2023-09-17 22:46 | Report Abuse

Get ready, if you dare to catch a falling knife.

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-18 08:39 | Report Abuse

Right. It's difficult to be sure whether rebound or falling knife. If we go by valuation it's about 21 sen, so if it goes below 10 sen can consider buy. But have to take a longer term view and tahan that falling knife. Careful...

Medusa

537 posts

Posted by Medusa > 2023-09-18 10:36 | Report Abuse

Mafia scammer is coming

Buy high sell low

Buy low sell even lower

Kikiki…

Medusa

537 posts

Posted by Medusa > 2023-09-18 10:38 | Report Abuse

Once mafia scammer kick out

Fly to the mooooooooooon

Kikiki…

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-18 10:47 | Report Abuse

Looks like mafia scammer in trouble. Instead of buy low sell high, now they buy high sell low. Like tat lose money lor. Hehehe

no3no4

58 posts

Posted by no3no4 > 2023-09-18 15:42 | Report Abuse

Everyone get ready !

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-18 18:29 | Report Abuse

KNM chairman Tunku very confident. He not scared German tycoon. There must be good reason why he confident. He hold a lot of shares and his performance so far so good.

Auntylee

145 posts

Posted by Auntylee > 2023-09-18 19:12 | Report Abuse

走过路过的,快快买门票,准备看戏。

haziqaz

186 posts

Posted by haziqaz > 2023-09-18 23:56 | Report Abuse

Rampas KNM Group: Tunku Yaacob Khyra lawan Jutawan Jerman Andreas Heeschen & Kenneth Vun

https://thecorporate-secrets.com/blog/2023/09/18/rampas-knm-group-tunku-yaacob-khyra-lawan-jutawan-jerman-andreas-heeschen-kenneth-vun/

Posted by BigWhiteSand > 2023-09-19 08:06 | Report Abuse

How one can deduce T doing well? Brought the price down from 20+ cents to 0.04. Brought the company to PN17. Good performance? H comes in brought the price to 13 cents straight? Doesn’t that show you the market confidence in H Vs T? Simple maths. If we want KNM to be back to its glory days then I suggest H is the solution. New blood, new hope. Just my 2 cents perspective. Peace ✌️

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 09:20 | Report Abuse

Woodswater

@ sifu bigwhitesand

know about caerly ➡️ classita involved Mafia ?

# No Idea , How true is that ?

Posted by small_investor > 2023-09-19 09:22 | Report Abuse

15 days to see who is the boss on 16th Oct ..

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 09:31 | Report Abuse

small_investor

15 days to see who is the boss on 16th Oct ..

Doesn't matter whose the boss as long the company exist from PN 17 and recovered back like where it was before.

Auntylee

145 posts

Posted by Auntylee > 2023-09-19 09:33 | Report Abuse

各位老板, 大神
现有董事局贱卖FBM 意大利迪拜子公司是真的吗?https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/1204125

Auntylee

145 posts

Posted by Auntylee > 2023-09-19 10:11 | Report Abuse

Woodswater, 不明白你要表达什么?我读书少,看不懂😔

beluga

287 posts

Posted by beluga > 2023-09-19 10:28 | Report Abuse

MAA entered KNM at cost price 0.22 They should have increase their shareholding when share price was below 0.10 Holding only 10% of a small cap company and want to control the company is just risky.

Heeschen entered KNM at much lower price than MAA/TY. His party definitely hold more than 10% else they would not call for this proxy fight . Even at today's price, less than 10 million Euro will get you another additional 10% . It's actually very little money.

Both sides just have to buy more shares before or on 11 Oct to win this proxy battle (EGM on 16 Oct).

Bullkobear

320 posts

Posted by Bullkobear > 2023-09-19 10:49 | Report Abuse

The music is on but do not forget laughing to the bank!

bullrun168

470 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-09-19 10:54 | Report Abuse

Horrey, Super damn hot KNM today ! 

Now KNM already at
0.125 (+0.02) (+19.1 %)

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 10:59 | Report Abuse

😂 Yes

bojed

5,064 posts

Posted by bojed > 2023-09-19 11:04 | Report Abuse

Will sardin81 and nedgeon finally make a grand appearance on KNM's recent progress?

Only time will tell.

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 11:48 | Report Abuse

Woodswater

sardin is been kidnapped

# It has been long time didnt see his comment. Very actively in the past. KNM supporter.

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 11:49 | Report Abuse

Woodswater

sardin is been kidnapped

# Hope to see him back here again.

Auntylee

145 posts

Posted by Auntylee > 2023-09-19 12:10 | Report Abuse

Woodswater, 谢谢老板, 意思说该卖就卖,然后圈钱走人, 对吗?

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-09-19 12:30 | Report Abuse

Auntylee

Woodswater, thank you boss, I mean to sell it if it needs to be sold, and then make money and leave, right?

# Why Leaving ? You seem to be old investor in the past lolz

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-09-19 13:18 | Report Abuse

Nice piece, first hand from journalist...

THE GUY BEHIND THE KNM PROPOSED TAKEOVER

There is a coup going on at KNM. But few people know that he moment the pirates enter KNM the banks will immediately pull the plug and initiate proceedings to put KNM under receivership. Share price will plunge to zero and investors will lose money. You can bet these so-called new business experts have no long term plans for Borsig, the gem of KNM. They just want to acquire it from the receivers and flip it, hopefully for a big profit.

The guy behind this attempted coup is Flavio Porro. He is an ex-director and he was the one who got the company into this current mess. Think about it. Who is going to pay off that RM1.1 billion debt? Arms dealer Andreas is going around town trying to borrow money. But so far nobody wants to lend to him because he doesn't have a plan to turn around KNM. He just wants to flip Borsig for quick profits.

Flavio is under investigation right now for wrongdoings related to a recent deal to sell off Borsig. Now he is pretending to be a good guy and saviour. His dealing is nothing less than criminal. He signed a one-sided agreement whereby the seller (Borsig) paid for all due diligence expenses. The situation deteriorated when the buyer failed to comply with conditions precedent clauses ie. proof of funds. Despite numerous extensions, that buyer still could not pay up. It ended up with Borsig having to pay a break-up fee of a million euros. Now, how ridiculous is that? That was not the end. All in, the buyers failed to perform and Borsig ended up having to pay 3.5 million euros to call off the deal!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz