KNM GROUP BHD

KLSE (MYR): KNM (7164)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.065 - 0.07

Trading Volume

72 people like this.

58,958 comment(s). Last comment by Auntylee 1 day ago

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-03 10:58 | Report Abuse

Well keep loading keep loading

Bullcoming

848 posts

Posted by Bullcoming > 2023-10-03 11:27 | Report Abuse

From 10.5cts to 16cts hefty jump of 50% in price, it is time of consolidation & profit taking

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-03 11:29 | Report Abuse

Bullcoming

From 10.5cts to 16cts hefty jump of 50% in price, it is time of consolidation & profit taking

# Well what you're waiting for ?

Bullcoming

848 posts

Posted by Bullcoming > 2023-10-03 11:44 | Report Abuse

My purpose is making profit and not to telling stories.

Ninja _07

537 posts

Posted by Ninja _07 > 2023-10-03 12:13 | Report Abuse

Wow... touched 0.16 today... Well done everyone holding on to this counter till now..

cK1973

1,935 posts

Posted by cK1973 > 2023-10-03 12:58 | Report Abuse

wow 16c ka.....
can break 20????

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 13:56 | Report Abuse

@cK1973, if my "AI-crystal Ball" is correctly predicted, it will touch 23sen by next week. The resistance point is 25sen, should be confirmation date of Borsig listing in SGX and the performance of the roadshows, if any, to be conducted by the party. If the resistance point breaks, then the sky shall be the limit, as it will be beneficial to KNM to set forth and march ahead. Even the exchange rate element between Singapore and Malaysia will boost up cash flow of KNM, its a "home run" after that...

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 14:03 | Report Abuse

But if it's laid out decently, timely implementation of the plans is crucial, rather than dragging legs and hoping for the "alignment of planets" to help out. Understanding the complexities of KNM's monetization plans, it shouldn't have dragged on for this long until stakeholders became impatient and worrisome. The current board is holding the trump card to play this well, if they manage it well which is within the achievable distance, even the requisitioners will benefit handsomely, if the assumption is correct that they ploughed the shares during the very low rates.

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 14:33 | Report Abuse

Assuming the current board keeps their seats secure after October 16th, the challenge is to rationalize and align the Group to draw up a blueprint for their future directions, putting appropriate "ICPs" and "SOPs" to mitigate arising risks along the way. The energy market is pressured to deliver clean and environmentally friendly output, diversification is a viable solution, whether vertical or horizontal, to improve revenues, apart from building their human capital (overly too many negative remarks on the internet by ex-staff). Human capital is the first and foremost asset of any company, including KNM, and bringing them together and solving their grievances will improve productivity and efficiency almost immediately. I believe all the required ICPs are in place but over time, these could be obsolete and due to cash flow constraints, delayed remittance of wages, reimbursement of claims, or simply non-existence of appreciation will demoralize their human capital. At least to pacify the situation, a good annual dinner with staff will be beneficial. Why not KNM also include the bilis for a get-together makan2, yum yum, so we get updated on the progress and not be hostile all the while?

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-10-03 15:25 | Report Abuse

KNM's plans to repay creditors, protect shareholders and take KNM to new heights especially listing Borsig on SGX will be presented and announced by the management during their upcoming SOA meeting on 12/10/2023.

As outlined in this recent blog post,
http://corporatesecretsmalaysia.blogspot.com

What is Flavio/Andreas plan? Are they going to announce it at the EGM? Do they have any plans yet?

Ninja _07

537 posts

Posted by Ninja _07 > 2023-10-03 15:49 | Report Abuse

After this is 0.20...

Ninja _07

537 posts

Posted by Ninja _07 > 2023-10-03 15:49 | Report Abuse

Don't miss the boat and regret later

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 16:26 | Report Abuse

@Adagold I guess the requisitioners party has indirectly but openly indicated that they should be given a chance to present their shadow plans to tackle KNM's current financial woes. It appears on this website too, saw it in Focus Malaysia yesterday:

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/savemalaysia/2023-10-03-story-h-218812632-Is_the_CEO_of_KNM_Group_ignoring_not_prioritising_shareholders_interest

Rather than the incumbents giving space to the requisitioners, they should by now have already laid out their plans to the public so that the minority shareholders whom are majority in KNM to evaluate it prior to the EGM on Oct 16th. The KNM current board has already planned out their regularization plans, although in brief. Being on the KNM board prior to the current board, the team lead should have spelt out his plans in convincing method, so the best plans wins. All the stakeholders want is a win-win situation, not a self-gratification plan to enrich one party while neglecting the others.

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 16:34 | Report Abuse

Wow, going up, doing heavy volume at 15.5sen, when nothing happened last week, stalled at 12sen for so long...wonder who is mopping up today... from the lowest 5sen till now, if you invest in 1mil shares (0.05sen x 1mil = RM50K), by now, it translates to RM105K in profits alone, doubled up!

THE ROCK

194 posts

Posted by THE ROCK > 2023-10-03 16:39 | Report Abuse

@OtisKL.....its very easy to say but in reality you don't know what is going on. Till now, lots of stories coming out but i dare say which is the best for us as a share holder. Hope for best my friend and follow the wind. lol

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 17:00 | Report Abuse

@The Rock, thanks brother, we wouldn't know after all....otherwise it will be considered something else.

I am currently doing a thesis on "Fundamentals of a corporation vs Human perceptions" and the correlations of movements on share prices as a consequence. True @The Rock, so many stories on KNM, which makes my research interesting. But sad at the same time, when a company's fundamentals are relatively strong despite being spread out so thinly without reserves to counter arising risks.

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-10-03 17:00 | Report Abuse

@OtisKL

The current board already explained in detail their plans for KNM success and to pay off bankers/creditors. It's mentioned in the blog earlier which can be confirmed with the company. Anyway they will table it officially on 12/10 during their SOA meeting with the creditors.
http://corporatesecretsmalaysia.blogspot.com

I'm just curious. What is foreigner new guys plans? Are their plans secret, cannot tell us?

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 17:05 | Report Abuse

@Adagold, yeah, you are right. Me too, curious...

pinetree88

315 posts

Posted by pinetree88 > 2023-10-03 17:30 | Report Abuse

Is the EGM available to attend via Zoom? I can't attend because not direct shareholder. Should be a feisty affair!

pinetree88

315 posts

Posted by pinetree88 > 2023-10-03 17:31 | Report Abuse

Today closed 0.15... pretty good. Hopefully both camps start buying up to accumulate their shares/votes ahead of the EGM.

THE ROCK

194 posts

Posted by THE ROCK > 2023-10-03 22:06 | Report Abuse

@ OtisKL....that article you had shown makes some sense after reading it. Brother, whether is true or not is yet to be seen. The only thing that i sm curious about...correct me if i am wrong...By selling The FBM Hudson which is producing Ethanol Gas. This Ethanol Gas is suppose to be a Future Gas in years to come. If the existing board is selling This Future Gas and almost sold Borsig 2 months ago....KNM has nothing left for the future. That means, this existing board of directors is not functioning very well. That shows they are selling all the good assets maybe to get out of KNM. Hopefully my vision is wrong but is there to be seen.

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 23:00 | Report Abuse

@The Rock, based on my research materials, the factory isn't operational, the 2nd phase of construction is stalled. It needs serious funding to resume construction. Upon completion, it has another issue, the raw materials to produce ethanol, which is cassava no longer available vastly in Thailand. Although in theory it is the right direction, but the project conditions no longer viable to continue, as low demands of ethanol and low export prices. Based on its fundamentals, disposal will be better option. Even if the group decides to keep the division, its more viable to do in Indonesia (East Java) being largest producer of cassava in SEA. See this article:
https://theedgemalaysia.com/article/knm-bags-rm159m-epcc-job-ethanol-plant-expansion-thailand

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-10-03 23:04 | Report Abuse

A lot of people like the FLK are armchair commentators who can simply talk kok about businessmen running a business. We understand that in today's world it is very challenging to even run a normal business. Post-Covid we have slow market, high inflation, high oil prices and stiff competition. Much more so for a distressed business under PN17 like KNM.

They can say the management is lousy, so it needs to be replaced. Do they know the hell that the management is going through just to stay afloat, keep creditors happy and carve out a bloody path ahead? Armchair critics who have done business and corporate restructuring only in his imagination but have not done any research or read announcements from KNM's management, nor having any face-to-face engagement with the management.

After all the expose on this forum, I believe nobody listen to his comments. Unless his audience are those who don't read comments and announcements. Maybe they will believe him.

SumuaOK

205 posts

Posted by SumuaOK > 2023-10-03 23:04 | Report Abuse

Nice stories, the actual facts behind nobody knows. Let the chart tells the story

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 23:14 | Report Abuse

@The Rock, based on the collected articles and market research, Borsig was earmarked for sale since 2021 itself under previousboard, not in recent months. Although it was a misled decision earlier, the current board initially "letting it go", as there wasn't backorder for Borsig. Somehow the management pulled together some deals and the crown jewel started sparkling again. When the buyer dragged his legs for payment to complete the S&P, the current management finally cut it off, and turned to the SGX listing instead, which you or I would rationally do given the backorder pileups, right? Where would the current board had gone wrong? They were putting off fire 🔥 and finding best possible measures to minimise the risks. Well, these are facts available publicly, powered with university taught theories, we can derive good recommendations to pursue. However, misleading information will swerve the direction in the wrong way if not careful.

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-10-03 23:21 | Report Abuse

If people really understand corporate restructuring they will understand the figures involved.

(1) How to value Borsig when it is listed on the SGX? Based on P/E ratio and the percentage stake that KNM will still be holding after the listing.
(2) What is the price of FBM Hudson that it can be sold for? Answer: $80 million, or RM400 million
(3) What is the price of Impress Ethanol that it can be sold for? Answer: $50 million, or RM250 million.
Complement that with the amount of debt outstanding currently, and we can understand the true financial situation of KNM and the amount of effort, sweat and toil the management has gone through to put together such a package to lift KNM out of PN17.

What has Flavio/Andreas done all this while when Tunku and the management are struggling to survive? Not to mention that all this PN17 scenario was created during Flavio's watch.

Do FLK and the armchair critics out there really understand this corporate restructuring exercise?

SGX6138

42 posts

Posted by SGX6138 > 2023-10-03 23:30 | Report Abuse

Yes, a lot of people including me were wondering why Borsig listing on SGX didn't happen earlier. I couldn't stand my curiosity so I went to ask the senior staff at KNM. They told me that the fact was that the previous management didn't have the skill and the clout to make the deal happen. The current management led by Tunku can make it happen. Tunku and his senior aides have shuttled through and fro to Singapore lately and things look very good at the moment.

Judging from the advance stage of the talks, it seems that everything is on track. The Singapore authorities allowed Borsig to have grants to reduce listing costs. Now why would they do that if the listing cannot go through? And investment bankers and consultants are doing road show for the listing this month itself. If the project is not going on so well, these guys will not be working so hard to make it happen. The targeted date is June 2024 because they need Borsig accounts for financial year ended 31 December 2023. And the normal process of documentation, due diligence and all that will take the normal few months.

I'm holding on tight for that listing event. Meanwhile I will do TP progressively and give myself a treat since the share price is on a strong uptrend.

Adagold

66 posts

Posted by Adagold > 2023-10-03 23:44 | Report Abuse

I hate it when I see comments that the current management is ineffective and we should let someone else try. These guys don't know how much sweat and tears Tunku and his gang have sacrificed to improve things that have been going badly for many years. But I can't blame some of these people because they don't know the actual situation.

All this because of Flavio and previous management gang created a mess that the current management have to clean. And some investors are asking why, if the current management is so good how come it became a PN17 company? These investors don't know that the mess was created by the previous management. This current management didn't create it; they are cleaning it up.

Just talk about money. Tunku and his team have to raise RM20 million just to pay six months of salaries in arrears. And EPF. And back taxes to the Income Tax Dept.

In order to structure the RO and structure the upcoming SOA, they had to pay almost RM3 million to consultants and advisers.

These are the financial challenges that the management have to overcome and they will tell us about it if we ask. If not for all this hard work, KNM would have gone to Holland long ago.

And the sickening part is that we still have to entertain crooks and opportunists who call themselves requisitionists. People who expect them to lead KNM out of trouble are actually knowingly or unknowingly helping them to sabotage the current management's plans. And also our plans to celebrate when KNM share price reach 40 or 50 sen.

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-10-03 23:44 | Report Abuse

Let's look forward to 20 sen tomorrow...

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-03 23:45 | Report Abuse

@The Rock, FBM Hudson Italia isn't producing ethanol, as you said. Impress Thailand is the ethanol factory.

FBM Hudson Italiana SpA, founded in 1941 is a renowned manufacturer for air cooled heat exchangers, process gas waste heat recovery systems, heavy duty heat exchangers and special shell & tube heat exchangers such as threaded, flanged & ring locked closures heat exchangers and special equipment such as ammonia reactors, urea strippers, methanol converters, Cr-Mo alloy reactors, etc for the oil, gas, petrochemicals and desalination industries.

The company is a leading manufacturer holding long and reputable track record in thermal design for air cooled heat exchangers, process gas waste heat recovery systems, and shell & tube heat exchangers.

THE ROCK

194 posts

Posted by THE ROCK > 2023-10-03 23:50 | Report Abuse

@OtisKL.....Bro, thanks for the much needed info...

Posted by curtlee1980 > 2023-10-04 00:00 | Report Abuse

This one can't go far

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-04 00:07 | Report Abuse

@UpUpRocket, yeah... must do justice to the visionary Mr Lee family, he is one those Malaysian businessmen that picks up history-rich branded businesses and assets, very similar to Warren Buffet 's style, keeping them for long term. As much as a visionary man, if his then-Finance team assist to stack up these businesses well by not spreading too thinly, in my prediction, the group wouldn't be bad like now. Of course the 2year pandemic changed the business landscapes, strong company fundamentals will not fail anytime. A wheeler-dealer could have got a strong corporate strategist to keep everything on track, pacing out well, it will be in the list - Fortune 500 companies in the world 🌎

OtisKL

280 posts

Posted by OtisKL > 2023-10-04 00:19 | Report Abuse

Have any of you guys using browse AI to collect market data and information to analyse stock price movements? Well, super powerful tool, like a genie in getting data. And wowww, the Empire strikes back... (need to bulk buy caramel popcorn from Shopee 10.10 sale...) super hotty... !!! Hot from the oven in Focus Malaysia:

https://focusmalaysia.my/knm-groups-creditors-want-to-stick-with-current-management-bod-any-pending-change-is-seen-as-disruptive/

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-10-04 09:07 | Report Abuse

@OtisKL
Yes, do business not easy. The Lee family clever to build their business, do marketing, handle the production. But they not so strong with the financials. That's why bad guys took advantage and kantoi them.

Have to watch out for so many things that can kill a business. Too high debt also can cause business to suffer due to interest expenses. But sometimes even with lower debt companies still can get into trouble. They need to manage their cash flow well also. Sometimes we see from outside like very easy but there is so much skills involved.

Posted by UpUpRocket > 2023-10-04 09:09 | Report Abuse

Early morning got good news in the papers. Today price sure up up again.
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/business/2023/10/04/knms-restructuring-plan-has-support-of-creditors-says-board/

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-04 09:24 | Report Abuse

keep loading keep loading

pinetree88

315 posts

Posted by pinetree88 > 2023-10-04 09:44 | Report Abuse

Now 0.155 turned buyer price. Looks good heading towards 0.20 before the EGM.

NorAfan

147 posts

Posted by NorAfan > 2023-10-04 09:51 | Report Abuse

Goreng goreng hari ini

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-04 09:54 | Report Abuse

Keep loading keep loading while last stock

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-04 10:13 | Report Abuse

Break 0.16 cent and will up further up

Posted by small_investor > 2023-10-04 11:06 | Report Abuse

The buying plan so well that after so many days still no trigger UMA

Ninja _07

537 posts

Posted by Ninja _07 > 2023-10-04 11:43 | Report Abuse

Afternoon will break 0.18

Dawneagle

332 posts

Posted by Dawneagle > 2023-10-04 12:13 | Report Abuse

💪💪well planned syndicated buying. Slow and easy. More than 40% share moved the last 3 months or more.

@small_investor

The buying plan so well that after so many days still no trigger UMA

bullrun168

470 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-10-04 13:52 | Report Abuse

Hurrey, super damn hot man KNM today ! 

Now KNM already at
0.16 (+0.01) (+6.7 %)

bullrun168

470 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-10-04 13:58 | Report Abuse

KNM’s EGM Meeting is on
16-10-2023(Monday),
one week plus from now !

bullrun168

470 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-10-04 14:02 | Report Abuse

Both sides + retailers keep on top up more KNM shares till EGM to fight for who are the biggest share holding to take control of the company !

Probably it’s share price will spike up till above 80 cents before the EGM meeting !

doubleup

51 posts

Posted by doubleup > 2023-10-04 14:27 | Report Abuse

More news exposed for the German guy and his team. Now his real photo face also came out...
https://thecorporatesecrets.com/blog/2023/10/04/rampas-knm-group-lagi-dato-jadi-dalang-di-belakang-jutawan-jerman/

CyrusQ

2,058 posts

Posted by CyrusQ > 2023-10-04 14:50 | Report Abuse

Keep Loading While Last Stock

pinetree88

315 posts

Posted by pinetree88 > 2023-10-04 15:20 | Report Abuse

0.16 cleared. Every day up 2-3 bids be good until the EGM.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz