ARB BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ARBB (7181)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (12.50%)

Day's Change

0.035 - 0.04

Trading Volume

62 people like this.

25,520 comment(s). Last comment by whistlebower99 3 weeks ago

FancyMe

174 posts

Posted by FancyMe > 2020-06-04 11:24 | Report Abuse

Chinese nationals in the US and UK should also leave and go back to China. I'm sure the "sea turtles" would be most welcome back in the mainland.

alipay88

365 posts

Posted by alipay88 > 2020-06-04 11:27 | Report Abuse

An incredibly disingenuous CCP playbook 101 at this time, as people look to leave HK. (Nobody else really likes you or wants you narrative). Let’s be frank, Racism is disgusting and should not, indeed is not tolerated, in any modern society. Putting it into context, 297 incidents in a nation of over 60m people and billions of interactions between all races on a daily basis does not sound like a torrent of systemic racism. No context whatsoever.
HKers are welcome in the U.K., always have been and they integrate extremely well into the culture, not living in their own enclaves.
Another example of using the West liberal sensitivities to beat it with. As for QueenElizebeth IV, you’ve sold out lad, best you go north of the border and enjoy that Utopian society of freedom and diversity.

Posted by MoneyMachineMaker发发发 > 2020-06-04 11:27 | Report Abuse

Mmmm with an Indian heritage Chancellor and the Mayor of the Capital City a Muslim, all democratically voted in by the people, I can see where you get that view.
I do understand from watching the NPC Fringe Festival the rainbow of faces that were present, places China at the pinnacle of diversity for the rest of the world to follow, so forgive my push back.

Posted by traderstrades > 2020-06-04 11:29 | Report Abuse

No CCP playbook will be able to stop anyone from leaving HK, once they have made up their mind. It is your opinion that has made a tenuous connection, and it remains an opinion at that.
The anecdote is a personal experience, so for that person racism is real, and your opinion will not undermine the raw emotion of that experience.
It is not clear in your comment whether you recognize racism as real or not (you comment it is not to be accepted, but this does mean you believe there is such thing.). However once I have seen how HKers can disdain / despise the mainlanders for say being crude or gaudy or intrusive or whatever real underlying reason, I have accepted racism / bigotry is to be accepted as an inherent human condition. If we can do so to other ethnic Chinese, why can’t we face the reality that there is racism or bigotry. It is there, maybe as an undercurrent, but it is there in our heart.

Posted by ChineseKungFuMaster > 2020-06-04 11:31 | Report Abuse

Good counter example. To understand your statement more thoroughly (I hope you believe me I am not trying to challenge,) I would need to know the racial and religious make-up of the particular city you are talking about. It is all in the details. I can have Chinese elected a mayor in England or US, just give me a large enough majority. So, some details will be helpful.
As for China, it is clearly not racially diversify, so your statement cannot be properly assessed because the sample population is too small to make any meaningful comment. You might be right, but your comment does not prove it. So, maybe you can say China is so unattractive to others that it has so little foreign minority group ... but you can’t, with your particular example, claims it proves China’s racism. China has racism, you just did not prove it.

Posted by LOVE IS IN THE AIR..... > 2020-06-04 11:32 | Report Abuse

Agreed ... which indirectly points to the investor confidence these other countries inspire due to their rule of law. China, my ancestral country, unfortunately does not give me the same feeling. So, this is China’s fault, and something they should improve.

Posted by FortunerLiew > 2020-06-04 11:33 | Report Abuse

I find this crude and simple-minded, but I agree. My opinion only ... sometimes it is that simple. No need to dress it up.

SunnyWong

88 posts

Posted by SunnyWong > 2020-06-04 11:34 | Report Abuse

To be clear, I am ethnically Chinese, used to live in Msia, now residing in the States. I learned the lesson that I can never be fully accepted by the whites. I have since turned back to my root.
I know some can be “accepted,” but I just fear when things turn bad (eg WW2 for the Japanese-American in the internment camp,) a lot of fundamentally nice people may succumb to their rawer emotion. You won’t see this with civilized time, but when it counts, one may have to deal with the true color. I choose to recognize it even during civilized time ... it is there ... people just bury it for civility’s sake, but war is a good cover to throw away the civility. :)

Posted by gooddaymate > 2020-06-04 11:35 | Report Abuse

SunnyWong mate, There was not any insinuation that racism does not exist merely that this post is disingenuous in its angle.
I enjoy the fact that you bring in the “undercurrent, but it is there in our heart”. If we were to be held accountable for all thoughts that go through our mind but are not acted upon then almost every Man in the world would be in a whole lot of trouble. It’s that sort of none quantifiable thinking that is the problem.
Racism is indeed a very personal situation and I will stand right next to you to fight it but this is a newspaper article with a very sensationalist headline without context. If this stopped one family of HKers from moving to the U.K. then that is in the Author.
Racism is not acceptable and I would reasonably state that the diversity of other countries would suggest a greater tolerance, indeed the diversity of Government and society is greater in places like the United Kingdom and the US than any others.yikes....

Posted by MoneyMachineMaker发发发 > 2020-06-04 11:40 | Report Abuse

MY greatgrands a Londoner who left the UK to come to HK in 1965 and have been there largely ever since I found the news of the Anti Chinese racism disturbing. I had been going to Chinese school in hk since the age of 9, with my brothers. My family were all what you would call half Euros/Whities. I had Chinese friends when I went to college and never experienced any anti Chinese feeling. Despite the facts of the Korea War.
In malaysia I married a Chinese and had two children. On my returns to UK over the years I have noticed no racism towards my family, in laws and Chinese friends. That these disgusting things are happening now I can only put down to the change in the attitudes of the population which came with the massive immigration to UK, under the Blair and other governments, of people largely from the Sub Continent of India and the Middle East. These people often from cultures very different from the indigenous British did I understand receive some unwelcome from some of the population. But I venture to say these were not of a shocking nature. And all I can say is the events describe in the Article about David and poor girl from Singapore are a relatively new phenomenon and we must all monitor the situation and ensure that there are laws and Police to enforce them.
A look at the USA and their racial problems these last few days must send shudders down everyone's spine.

Posted by FantasticBeast > 2020-06-04 11:42 | Report Abuse

GUys Does it matter the racial or religious make up of that City? This is the Democratic system, all individuals have one vote, irrespective of race or religion. That system doesn’t sound systemically racist at its core to me.
It was a challenge, a poor one...

Posted by QuellingBlaster > 2020-06-04 11:43 | Report Abuse

HO ho HO I'm absolutely baffled about how someone could say such a thing. There will be isolated racist incidents in any society sadly but the UK is generally speaking (and the numbers show this) extremely inclusive (and no I'm not white)

Posted by XxXTripleXxX > 2020-06-04 11:44 | Report Abuse

Ha ha, now Raab & other UK politicians say 3 million HK BNO holders are eligible to enter for UK residency leading to citizenship,....IF HK proceed with the security laws. Stupid will be those who believe these bloody liars that they will welcome yellow skins immigration. In this desperate Brexit atmosphere, the liars are playing politics with HK people, trying to stop the security laws. With their economy going south, maybe they need only rich HK'ers.... to bring their wealth over.

GothicRock

117 posts

Posted by GothicRock > 2020-06-04 11:47 | Report Abuse

I was in the UK from 8 to 22 February this year. Not even temperature checks at Heathrow on arrival. I felt that at times we'd like to have worn a mask but there was an appalling inner sense that to do so would have attracted hostility from Brits. Instead of seeing masks as evidence of being careful, they'd see it as evidence of disease. I despair at them because if stupidity was a crime, the UK wouldn't have enough prisons. The British sleepwalked into their Covid-19 disaster. Utter incompetence and arrogance and again, lots and lots of stupidity. Oh, and by the way, I support BREXIT and I abhor racism and I don't like the subtle suggestion that all supporters of Brexit are racists. There are plenty of stupid, uneducated idiots among Brexiteers just as there are among supporters of the un-elected and unassailable EU behemoth. Racism is dead wrong and it results from stupidity, a lack of education and a lack of worldly experience.

Posted by RangeRover222 > 2020-06-04 11:56 | Report Abuse

Hong Kong security law: China weighs risk US will go for ‘nuclear option’ and cut Beijing from the dollar payment system
Risks of US financial sanctions emerge for China after National People’s Congress approves national security law for Hong Kong
Beijing wonders whether Washington will cut it off from US dollar payment system and hasten the demise of dollar hegemony in the process

AndyChin77

107 posts

Posted by AndyChin77 > 2020-06-04 11:57 | Report Abuse

China needs to be prepared - the US is like a suicide-bomber: it doesn't care if it blows itself up, as long as it hurts China in the process.

Posted by ChineseKungFuMaster > 2020-06-04 11:57 | Report Abuse

One lesson for trump. The more u hit china.. The worst ur economy data at home. So go ahead..

Elaine Tan

425 posts

Posted by Elaine Tan > 2020-06-04 11:58 | Report Abuse

It'd be the closest analogy to MAD in nuclear power balance: Mutually Assured Destruction.

Posted by Zillionaire > 2020-06-04 11:59 | Report Abuse

When Huawei's CFO madam Meng set foot in canada was she prepared for the trap canada and america had set for her? She wasn't, neither was Huawei, and neither was the Chinese gov. Don't rest on laurels, China, make preparations NOW. The cynicism coming from america and its western lackeys has no respect for any SWIFT payment system. As long as that "nuclear" button is capable of being pressed, this lot will not need a second invitation.

Posted by FortunerLiew > 2020-06-04 12:05 | Report Abuse

Very easy to counter - nationalize all US companies operating in China.- Then you know why nobody wants to do listing company in china, china gov will use a puppet(a nobody)pump money into his company so that he can sapu all your shares...... and kick you out from your own company, thats the way china always do....

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-04 12:06 | Report Abuse

that's good. the end of dollar payment system and the emergence of international payment system independent of any country meddling with unilateral sanction.

Posted by traderstrades > 2020-06-04 12:06 | Report Abuse

It’s Mutual Destruction, US can only go as far as posturing, no sane economic Advisor will offer up this; it’s not an option but a sure ending nobody wants! Even Trump hesitate from suggestion of unilaterally cancelling Debt obligations owed to China, knowing the huge consequences !

Posted by FOOK YOU FOOK ME > 2020-06-04 12:07 | Report Abuse

Exactly. Every single thing Trumptard has done to China has only backfired on the US. China is like a boomerang - every time you throw it away, it just comes right back and hits you on the head when you're walking away.

Posted by DoubleProsperity > 2020-06-04 12:08 | Report Abuse

It is not a nuclear option
It’s a suicidal option which will make China great again

Posted by SweetMemoryLane > 2020-06-04 12:09 | Report Abuse

China should prepare for the worst case scenario. Orange man is an unstable racist. If he is voted out, he will do whatever he wants, even if it means dragging the US down with him.

Posted by billybts > 2020-06-04 12:09 | Report Abuse

chicken come, chicken come, slaughter all those chicken! must fast if not they will run away!

Posted by gooddaymate > 2020-06-04 12:09 | Report Abuse

Time for China to get Spanky spankied

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-04 12:10 | Report Abuse

With six months left with unsure outcome USA will not dare to go hard against China. China should keep on track to not rely on US market in future.

Posted by RAMPAGE GODLIKE ! > 2020-06-04 12:14 | Report Abuse

gooddaymate, What does that even mean?!

Posted by gooddaymate > 2020-06-04 12:15 | Report Abuse

Lol mates, simple, US cancels its debt to China to pay off the theft and everyone pulls out if China, not so smart now, are you?

Posted by MoneyMaker168 > 2020-06-04 12:19 | Report Abuse

Dump US treasury. Dump them all. Let see who will suffer more.

Posted by XmenOrigin > 2020-06-04 12:23 | Report Abuse

Wait and see guys, i think U.S wounded heavily, china die k.o.........

Posted by FantasticBeast > 2020-06-04 12:24 | Report Abuse

Fantastic baby

kwai

67 posts

Posted by kwai > 2020-06-04 12:27 | Report Abuse

ARB Bhd has inked a business partnership as well as an outsourcing agreement with Singapore-based Asterisk Computer (Far East) Pte Ltd (Asterisk) for the deployment of enterprise application software (EAS) solutions in Malaysia and Singapore. Under the outsourcing agreement, Asterisk will engage ARB's unit Databook Pte Ltd to design, develop and implement EAS solutions and to provide enterprise solutions related consulting services to Asterisk on project basis. (The Edge)

kwai

67 posts

Posted by kwai > 2020-06-04 12:27 | Report Abuse

is this true?

Posted by RevenueQueeN > 2020-06-04 13:17 | Report Abuse

Kwai, you better ask bursa is it true.

Posted by traderstrades > 2020-06-04 13:22 | Report Abuse

Yes it's TRUE kwai

Elaine Tan

425 posts

Posted by Elaine Tan > 2020-06-04 13:27 | Report Abuse

Its lunch time

Posted by FantasticBeast > 2020-06-04 13:45 | Report Abuse

fantastic baby yeah

FancyMe

174 posts

Posted by FancyMe > 2020-06-04 14:33 | Report Abuse

Fancy me fancy you!

Posted by traderstrades > 2020-06-04 14:38 | Report Abuse

Still got 26days......counting down guys!

Posted by DoubleProsperity > 2020-06-04 14:39 | Report Abuse

No more no more wasting time,

Posted by QuellingBlaster > 2020-06-04 14:40 | Report Abuse

HO ho HO, every Arbb investor beh tahan liao!

Bemillion

1,968 posts

Posted by Bemillion > 2020-06-04 14:44 | Report Abuse

Bro kwai rite...I concurred. .

Good job by current Govt to let professionals handle COVID-19 - Tun M
13 hours ago

ARB, Ho Hup, MyEG, Prestariang, Sapura Energy, Seacera, Yee Lee, Xidelang, DiGi, Maxis, TM and Axiata
14 hours ago

Malaysia doubles online settlement limit for stock trading as small investors rush in
15 hours ago

Prestariang divests stake in Australian education firm
16 hours ago

By Muhammed Ahmad Hamdan | 2020-06-04 00:32:01
KUALA LUMPUR (June 3): Based on corporate announcements and news flow today, stocks in focus on Thursday (June 4) may include: ARB Bhd, Ho Hup Construction Company Bhd, My EG Services Bhd, Prestariang Bhd, Sapura Energy Bhd, Seacera Group Bhd, Yee Lee Corp Bhd, Xidelang Holdings Ltd, DiGi.Com Bhd, Maxis Bhd, Telekom Malaysia Bhd and Axiata Group Bhd.

ARB Bhd has inked a business partnership as well as an outsourcing agreement with Singapore-based Asterisk Computer (Far East) Pte Ltd (Asterisk) for the deployment of enterprise application software (EAS) solutions in Malaysia and Singapore.

Under the outsourcing agreement, Asterisk will engage ARB's unit Databook Pte Ltd to design, develop and implement EAS solutions and to provide enterprise solutions related consulting services to Asterisk on project basis.

Prestariang Bhd has divested its equity interest in Australian Securities Exchange-listed OpenLearning Ltd, for A$1.92 million (RM5.52 million). The disposal of the 6.88% stake was done via an off-market block trade transaction. The group plans to utilise the proceeds as rolling working capital to finance sales of its software and services business.

The edge source

Posted by ChinaDragon > 2020-06-04 14:54 | Report Abuse

lol

Posted by DoubleProsperity > 2020-06-04 14:55 | Report Abuse

P? pee pooo pee poo prestariang.......

SunnyWong

88 posts

Posted by SunnyWong > 2020-06-04 14:55 | Report Abuse

Geez

Posted by THEREALDEAL > 2020-06-04 14:58 | Report Abuse

Just wake up from my nap! Heard a loud voice from my dream, Its about A triple threat match!

Round 1 fight......Arbb vs M vs D....... NO holds BAR!

Guess Who will be the last man standing?

Answer will reveal After END OF JUNE!

Stay tune guys!

Posted by DoubleProsperity > 2020-06-04 15:19 | Report Abuse

Bemillion.....If i were you, i feel ashamed posting Prestariang Bhd news over here!

1.skin project cancel, waiting for RM730mill in compensation....means 2-3billion business kamputt!

2.Prestariang Bhdb has disposed its remaining 6.88% stake in OpenLearning Ltd (OLL) for A$1.92mil (RM5.52mil) purpose for rolling working capital to finance sales of the software & services business of the group.

Means your out of cash to do business already, if i were you i will selloff presbhd immediately!

KUALA LUMPUR: Prestariang Bhdhas disposed its remaining 6.88% stake in OpenLearning Ltd (OLL) for A$1.92mil (RM5.52mil).

The company, in a filing with Bursa Malaysia today, said it plans to utilise its entire proceeds from the disposal within one month as rolling working capital to finance sales of the software & services business of the group.

Prestariang, in explaining its rationale for the disposal, said the group's immediate priority is to rebuild its financials following the cancelation of the SKIN project.

"As such the Group has had to adjust its priorities and embark on a business rationalisation which includes divestment of non-core assets to strengthen its liquidity position in the immediate term," it said.

Posted by ChineseKungFuMaster > 2020-06-04 15:23 | Report Abuse

DoubleProsperity ,no need to teach them how to invest la, they will not appreciate your help on good and true opinion instead of saying thank you, they will blindly quarrel with you only....

Post a Comment
Market Buzz