ARB BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ARBB (7181)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.04 - 0.045

Trading Volume

62 people like this.

25,520 comment(s). Last comment by whistlebower99 3 weeks ago

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-17 13:19 | Report Abuse

"After intensive diplomatic efforts"

I always take whatever Hishamuddin says with a pinch of salt. Can he be so reckless or is he trying to appease the Chinese. Najib made the country so heavily indebted to the Chinese.

Posted by ZackRaider > 2020-07-17 13:21 | Report Abuse

Ok name your best men to see the CPC with regards to this aggression. I can tell you what the out come be. Their first answer would be you are right. Now how much you want? With add ons like some young ladies for company, your esteem delegates will return smiling, saying everything is in order--bluffing..

China is a giant and they are even challenging the US and Europe together. Sometime some people will get carried away with pride--there in lies the fall.

XiXiTan

37 posts

Posted by XiXiTan > 2020-07-17 13:22 | Report Abuse

Rather trust this instead of the goon politician. No balls. Just accept US help. Don't be shy. Even Duartate mellowed down and accepts U.S. Don't wait for OIC to help! Wake up. Or ask you son from Peking University to help with negotiation.

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-17 13:24 | Report Abuse

China has increased its presence in the South China Sea in recent years first because of Obama’s pronouncement that the US would increase its presence there, and now followed by the belligerent stance of Trump, man, whose erratic behavior cannot be predicted. Malaysia should not be made a pawn in the stand-off between China and the US. Continual dialogue with these two world powers to avoid incidents is the best option for Malaysia at the moment. These incidents might cost the lives of Malaysians working in the South China Sea.

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:25 | Report Abuse

What do you mean by pawn my friend? This is not between US and China now. Pls dont drag US into this. This is regarding our nation's sovereignty. Are you blind? Can you not see what China wants to claim? They are not claimingiles of water off their shore. They are claiming waters off our shores in Sarawak. And they are 1000 miles away. Imagine India lay claim of the entire India Ocean till the andaman sea. Would you allow it?

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-17 13:26 | Report Abuse

ChewOnThis - a bit lopsided in your view. The only reason Obama and now Trump have ordered the navy into S C Sea is in response to China’s aggressive actions, not the other way round! Get your facts right. China has formally claimed the entire Sea based on rose tinted glasses and mythical perspective of history that no one else agrees with. Port facilities and airstrips built on disputed shoals and islands. Even you would have to agree that their behaviour is extremely aggressive!

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-17 13:26 | Report Abuse

This is in our back yard. Minister of Defence please develop some BALLS to lodge a strong protest. Cakap besar saja. Tak Akan MELAYU hilang di dunia!! Where are all the HULUBALANGS!! Or are they in the tempurung and balangs

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-17 13:27 | Report Abuse

ASEAN must unite against China's bully tactic. There is no point claiming to have a long history with China, saying we're good friends and all, but no reciprocation from the Chinese.

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-17 13:28 | Report Abuse

Singapore has similar diplomatic ties with China too but the latter wouldn’t dare encroach on Singapore waters because Singapore has very good relationship with the US which is a strategic move. We, on the contrary would like to pick a fight with the US for whatever Israel does but wouldn’t dare a whisper when China mistreats the Uighurs. Survival as a country is all about diplomacy and alignment with the right forces. Like it or not - contacts do matter.

TipTopJoe

40 posts

Posted by TipTopJoe > 2020-07-17 13:28 | Report Abuse

Malaysia's foreign ministry should reformulate it's policies with regards to the USA and Israel. Even the Arabs are embracing them. If not for the USA, all countries south of China would be under Chinese control by now. That's how the Chinese think for thousands of years. The weak will be conquered. Palestine is a too hard case. Since the end of the Arab/Israeli wars in 1967 Palestinians have been refugees in their own land and nothing has changed and sadly nothing will change for another 100 years.

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:29 | Report Abuse

Singapore is too far away la my friend. If China does encroach into Singapore waters then they would have landed in Malaysia. China has no claim to the Sunda platform. Only the South China Sea. If Singapores location is Borneo then lets see if its similar case

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-17 13:29 | Report Abuse

This is shocking! Malaysia must do something. This is national sovereignty at stake. They came so close to our shore for so long.

Do we want to do let them do what they did to the Vietnamese and Filipinos? Very soon our shore will be swarmed with Chinese fishing vessels and coast guard ships if nothing is done.

Malaysia must work very closely with the US and chase the intruders away before it is too late. Invest more in military. There is no other way around it.

Posted by DannyFangs > 2020-07-17 13:30 | Report Abuse

Ya ya Ya invest more in military = more corruptions. Where are the 2 submarines ah jig kor bought, bring it out now and scare the shit out of the Chinese.

ElvaLove

60 posts

Posted by ElvaLove > 2020-07-17 13:30 | Report Abuse

It is so ironic, that in Malaysia, PAS and UMNO will do everything to demonise the Malaysians who are descendants of Chinese, while they stay silent against the real Chinese who pose a real threat.. Sigh!

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-17 13:31 | Report Abuse

Tend to believe satellite images more than what Minister says without showing proof.

XiXiTan

37 posts

Posted by XiXiTan > 2020-07-17 13:31 | Report Abuse

Trying to stick feather to his own hat. Who is lying now.

Posted by SonGokuSSJ5 > 2020-07-17 13:32 | Report Abuse

During his watch no intrusion in Malaysian waters ? He is saying he is doing his job well. Infact, it was during his watch and his cousin, the PM that China was more brazen in intruding Malaysia Economic Zone. They were lapping to China for funds to keep the lid on 1MDB closed.

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-17 13:33 | Report Abuse

Possession is nine-tenths of the law. Maybe not in maritime law, but China knows what they can get away with. They've already proved it to the United States in their lopsided and corruption-prone, unfair trade practices. I mean like (1) requiring US firms in China to have a Chinese sponsor (2) requiring them to offload intellectual property. (3) requiring strict censorship, which is why Google left (4) requiring by law any and all Chinese private companies to spy for China when the opportunity arises. By the way, they do maintain naval ships very near the United States--off Alaska, lest you think only the US sends its ships into international waters elsewhere. (But not within East Asian territorial waters unless invited.)

Trump is an abomination, but his uneven application of pressure to China (he adores the dictator Xi but hates China's practices) is at least something he did half-right for a change. Biden if elected will continue the pressure. Overall, I'd say DECOUPLE. Bite the bulltet and make the iPhones and Nike shoes in Vietnam and back in the U.S.

Posted by Questionaire > 2020-07-17 13:33 | Report Abuse

US companies are driven by the bottom line, greed, and have made obscene profits from China manufactured goods and their China-based businesses. They will sell their mothers to make a buck and therefore submit to anything. Why do you think the share prices of Apple, GM, Amazon, Walmart, McDonalds, etc. appreciated? Don't complain, I am sure your 401K has benefited from it. This is what we call hypocrisy.
You must be joking about making iphones in the US. They have enough problems making the Mac Pro in Austin.

Posted by ZackRaider > 2020-07-17 13:34 | Report Abuse

What law are we talking? The Americans practice a specialty that everything equates to money and people are free to go for it, while in mainland China , their communist ideology is a state owned enterprise and the peoples lives are immaterial/controlled..

Would they care for any other country with their low moral practices? Some country leaders are so pathetic and want a club membership with them . What a shame? Thats why they have the non align movement..

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-17 13:35 | Report Abuse

Never let them loiter for long, else they will claim as theirs if no protests are made. Greedy for them to claim every border they have.

Historical rights? Based on which era? If Kublai Khan, then thy shld claim part of Europe too. Why not doin that. China is bullying the weaker nations like SEA Countries. Good for India to fight them off.

ElvaLove

60 posts

Posted by ElvaLove > 2020-07-17 13:35 | Report Abuse

Indeed. I think the vast majority of modern nations had some kind of prior claim, or have a prior claim against them. Luxembourg used to be four or five times larger than it is today. Oh my goodness, they should wage war on France, Germany and Belgium, the three countries surrounding them. (By requesting US intervention, of course.)

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-17 13:36 | Report Abuse

I told you this is DAP's fault, hahaha

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-17 13:37 | Report Abuse

This started when Najib was PM and Hishamuddin was Defence Minister. Najib needed China's help on 1MDB and turned a blind eye. Hisham was too scared to do anything despite Navy commander complaining about it.

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-17 13:37 | Report Abuse

As Foreign Minister, Hisham seems to be lost at sea on the encroachment of aliens in our waters. Perhaps, the previous administration under his cousin Najib, had a quid pro quo agreement with China for help in solving the 1MDB fiasco? On the surface, it seems that Malaysia is turning a blind eye on China’s ambitions in the disputed seas in exchange for overpriced contracts. The monies from these contracts were meant to cover the big hole caused by the kleptocrats? In the process, we would have lost sovereignty over a big swath of area that has potential mineral deposits. What a messy and turbulent situation.

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:37 | Report Abuse

If he had opened the front door he may have noticed.

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:37 | Report Abuse

lol

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-17 13:45 | Report Abuse

Azhar Azizan 'Art' Harun had built for himself a reputation from his writings. We all thought that he would do as he preached.

Agreeing to take on the position of House speaker from Mohamad Ariff Md Yusof was itself puzzling. Ariff was exceptional as the speaker. Professional and even-handed.

Why did Azhar step down as Election Commission (EC) chairperson? We all assumed that he was doing an exemplary job as EC chairperson. What greater good was being served by accepting the speaker's position?

Mahathir has set the tone - DAP bad as being a Chinese party, PKR bad as not being a Malay party. And the necessity for a unity party that was Malay dominant with nominal Chinese and Indian participation.

So that is now the operating mode. Mahathir’s former colleague Wan Saiful Wan Jan, for all his previous preaching, has Veered to the other side. One can only hope that Azhar stays the course set by his own articulated standards.

As for the EC, we can hope that deputy chairperson Azmi Sharom will be confirmed as EC chief.

Will ambition trump principle every time? Wherein are the visionary statesmen that will lead us out of this darkness?

For many of us, the issues that bedevil us have never been about race or religion. It is about democracy and our Constitution, it is about the economy. It is about the rule of law. It is about justice.

It is about fairness to all. It is about the elimination of poverty and it is about the fair distribution of wealth and opportunities to all. It was never about one race dominating the rest.

We cannot each go our separate ways. That will be a recipe for disaster.

Posted by Questionaire > 2020-07-17 13:46 | Report Abuse

I am neither surprised nor disappointed when the fruit falls from the same tree.

The Harun family seems teeming with members talented enough to sing the same song to different beats depending on the audience and venue.

Both the attorney-general and speaker brothers’ first public performance has only led to the public shaking their heads in disdain with their lips curled in a sneer.

Idrus Harun disavowed any direct ownership of the first stand he took as AG when a renowned film producer and famous step-son had the bulk of his fabulous riches returned to him, with the previous AG being held responsible for the generosity Riza Aziz enjoyed.

Not to be outdone, brother Azhar has forgotten his sermons on righteousness and good upbringing when, as the speaker, he allowed Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim to get away with obnoxious statements, not once but twice in a spate of a few seconds.

The bigger joke is that Abdul Azeez referred to MP Kasthuriraani Patto’s dark complexion.

Of course, she is dark and I am sure like most of us Indians, proud of it. I take it that our parliamentarian from Baling has not been looking at the mirror lately. Had he done so, he would have realised that he is hardly a model for Fair and Lovely.

Coming back to the Haruns, this surely must be the first pair of brothers where both are Cain.

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-17 13:46 | Report Abuse

Azhar should have expelled the Baling MP together with the opposition MPs, then he would have been seen as fair and not favouring the PN.

I have always believed in Azhar as a very honest and a person of high integrity. Alas, every person has a price and people change.

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-17 13:46 | Report Abuse

hahaha

Posted by SonGokuSSJ5 > 2020-07-17 13:47 | Report Abuse

Azhar once commented that the speaker must be someone of integrity, fiercely independent and well-versed in parliamentary affairs.

1. Integrity and fiercely independent?

The writing on the wall is that he had been specially chosen by the backdoor government. Now since he did not follow the rule daring not to take a vote on confirmation of his own position, he is thus a 'backdoor' speaker.

2. Well-versed in parliamentary affairs?

That would be the biggest problem as he was never a parliamentarian, learning from work experience, nor having a strong background as a judge - only a mere lawyer who appears in his own Youtube channel.

XiXiTan

37 posts

Posted by XiXiTan > 2020-07-17 13:47 | Report Abuse

He looks a bit bewildered in the photos. It looks like he did not expect the reception that he received.

After all, he had been saying and doing the right things until now and maybe did not expect to be treated in such a manner by those whom he supported previously.

For someone who until now had the luxury of time to consider carefully what to say, perhaps he just doesn't think fast enough on his feet - a big requirement for the speaker.

I hope he will improve. Nevertheless, it is a huge disappointment.

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-17 13:48 | Report Abuse

Art, Art. What has become of you? You were one of the few that all Malaysians had hope in changing this bigoted and se.xist culture.

I don’t think you will ever be able to hold your head up with dignity after this. Neither can the rakyat.

Posted by DannyFangs > 2020-07-17 13:49 | Report Abuse

Why does the Dickensian character “Artful Dodger” come to mind?

Is that because it is not just in name the two are finely connected but also in the substance of their characters?

Whatever the case, it is now becoming increasingly evident that among this lot, honour and decency are not to be expected.

ElvaLove

60 posts

Posted by ElvaLove > 2020-07-17 13:49 | Report Abuse

This is a season of turncoats, like a movie with all the twists.

Initially, I was prepared to give Azhar the benefit of the doubt but I was seething with anger watching the proceedings. Another one has joined the dark side.

ElvaLove

60 posts

Posted by ElvaLove > 2020-07-17 13:50 | Report Abuse

Why Azhar, of all people?

It goes to show everyone has a price, no matter how permanent and honourable his principles are or seem to be.

Posted by RandySavage > 2020-07-17 13:50 | Report Abuse

Its all happening the way the old fox has set the cards. These are preplanned moves right from the day he took office as the 7th PM of our beloved nation. Though the pandemic was not part of the planned, the pandemic has made his every move more possible to make UMNO return in December 2020, minus Najib and his many thieves. We may not have BN and PAS in the picture, but it will be UMNO, 'cleaner' and stronger and more determine to rule over us again..

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-17 13:51 | Report Abuse

Well,money can change a human being..

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-17 13:51 | Report Abuse

Looks like any Malay Man given power, wealth and position is easily compromised...none of them have yet to stand out other than Tunku, Tun Suffian and Hussein Onn!

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:52 | Report Abuse

Not you too ART.....

Cakap tak serupa bikin.

An illusory and artificial democracy used by the elected to con us.

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-17 13:52 | Report Abuse

From an Art to a Fart.

Fart Harun, your appointment and partisan conduct stinks to high heaven.

Looking at the picture here, you and the other PN stooges seem to smugly enjoy the smell of each other's flatulence.

TipTopJoe

40 posts

Posted by TipTopJoe > 2020-07-17 13:53 | Report Abuse

Yes, WHERE ART THOU, Honourable SPEAKER! You have missed the first boat! Hopefully, you will not miss the second boat ! Your legacy is in your own hands ! DO something RIGHT! FEAR NO ONE! Your Speaker is to do RIGHT!
Eleanor Roosevelt ( spouse of President Roosevelt ) once said:

" IF I feel deep in my heart that it is the RIGHT thing to do, I shall do it for I will be criticised anyway. I shall be damned if I do; and also damned if I don't. "

Posted by YolandaOng > 2020-07-17 13:53 | Report Abuse

We know each person is born with an individualist character--a specialty of their own. Some chose to improve on it and progress while others join the herd and get directed and move as the herd moves.

There is hope ,though. Be consciously good.Stay away from evil. This is because the environment of bad will influence even the good and those unaware.These thoughts are old- an influence from the Greek philosophers of the 1st Century or before. Who cares now?

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-17 13:54 | Report Abuse

There is also the saying that good and evil comes together, meaning there can't be one without the other - like the north and south pole of a magnet. hahaha

Posted by ZackRaider > 2020-07-17 13:55 | Report Abuse

EXACTLY RIGHT!

WELL SAID,guys

"For many of us, the issues that bedevil us have never been about race or religion. It is about democracy and our Constitution, it is about the economy. It is about the rule of law. It is about justice.

It is about fairness to all. It is about the elimination of poverty and it is about the fair distribution of wealth and opportunities to all. It was never about one race dominating the rest."

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-17 13:56 | Report Abuse

The Malaysian way of shutting people up...give them power and position .

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-17 13:58 | Report Abuse

The Speaker must always remain firm and a no-nonsense man. He should emulate the last Speaker of Commons who was firm and fair in his actions. When a se.xist MP made a remark about the black MP, why did he immediately BOOT him out as he did to the Shah Alam MP ? The same medicine should have been applied. Se.xism is a no-no in this Age of Enlightenment; and he had failed the first test of Speakership.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz