Posted by Chrollo > 2014-01-03 17:53 | Report Abuse

Hi all, this group is created in order to discuss value stocks. Talk anything here! muahahha

42 people like this.

3,626 comment(s). Last comment by chinesetea 2018-03-12 08:11

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-02-28 17:15 | Report Abuse

Siva, let's look at the MKH chart again. Remember we study the resistant and support, now you can see it hit the support today and bounce back.
http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/chart/6114.jsp

Theoretically, it should trade side way or bounce back from here depends on the confirmation in next day or two. Let's monitor this and we can learn from the characteristic of this stock. Hopefully we will get more experience to know when to buy and when to sell.

Siva68

1,858 posts

Posted by Siva68 > 2014-02-28 17:19 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, agree with you. If not for Q results yesterday (still reasonable after your explanation), it would not have gone down so much today. I see the support level.

Siva68

1,858 posts

Posted by Siva68 > 2014-02-28 17:25 | Report Abuse

chinesetea, going out soon, will not be able to reply. Also looking closely on Coastal for its support level, past few days downwards.

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2014-02-28 17:32 | Report Abuse

Chinesetea
Did you buy SUIWAH.

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-02-28 19:09 | Report Abuse

Bros DSONIC report mantap and is proposing 1to1 bonus like how PRESBHD did.

Bro chinesetea would DSONIC experience the same? I.e shoots up next wk then comes back down.

Only thing is DSONIC is a diff animal altogether. Always exceeds expectations!!!

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-02-28 19:10 | Report Abuse

I did. If you want to buy, need patient to wait for good price if you have spare money and no need to hurry.

If you want fast train, DSONIC :-)

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-02-28 19:41 | Report Abuse

Congrates to all old and new Datasonic kakis: Chinesetea, tewnama, Chrollo, siva68, zoomboom, invest1818 and other bros.

Proposed bonus issue will push the price for long term. Stay invested guys. I know chinesetea is an UMA lover because he know to collect at low. Should call him UMAian.

By the way Chinesetea bro Brahims proposed private placement:

BRAHIM’S HOLDINGS BERHAD (“BHB” OR “COMPANY”) PRIVATE PLACEMENT OF UP TO 21,480,500 NEW ORDINARY SHARES OF RM1.00 EACH IN BHB (“BHB SHARES”) (“PLACEMENT SHARES”), REPRESENTING UP TO TEN PERCENT (10%) OF THE ISSUED AND PAID-UP SHARE CAPITAL OF BHB AT AN ISSUE PRICE OF RM2.339 PER PLACEMENT SHARE (“PRIVATE PLACEMENT”) (All the abbreviations used in this announcement are as defined in our previous announcements)

Usually share price will be artificially pushed up before private placement. "Big funds" being hired to do so. After PP usually price will dive down slightly if not severe like Coastal. I've observed too many examples like presbhd, Coastal, Protasto bla bla bla.

Trade with cautious bro.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-02-28 19:53 | Report Abuse

Thanks for reminder, asam. I don't have brahims anymore.
Perhaps PP can be another tool like UMA. Buy after the price drop immediately after PP, and become PPMian :-)

Now the tough question for you guys is whether you will collect more DSONIC. What's your take?
I will definitely look for any pull back in next few weeks when the news die down and people loose hope in between the real announcement. Once those basher coming up in the forum, then it's a sign to buy, there are very useful tool to me :-).

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-02-28 20:51 | Report Abuse

But i think Brahims will be quite powerful in 2014. Are you sure with your decision, chinesetea? I'm only waiting at RM2 to collect. Anything higher than that, Datasonic will be a better choice.

Guys you can see very obviously profit taking in MKH is well-absorbed right. Stay tuned for the push in March. If and only if my prediction not wrong.

I will buy more too if UMA arrives. Basher's comments at right timing will weaken retail holder's position significantly. They will panic sell at any price. Very powerful tool indeed. They called it behavioural investing. We went through too many UMA before.

If my prediction not wrong Datasonic will be pushed to a certain price before ex-bonus. After ex fund manager might depart and let it stagnant just like RM2 - RM2.20 after split not too long ago.

So guys just sit down , brew some top quality chinesetea and enjoy your precious weekend.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-02-28 22:09 | Report Abuse

asam, nothing wrong with Brahim, I just need some bullet. All our pick are good but I need to wait for the next UMA :-) and also leave some for UncleT to buy some bargain. Please post here if you have any.

A lot of people just throw away good stock even after report where it is good or bad(One of them is OCK).
I am eyeing on coastal, just wait for right time.

Also prepare for the next drop in the next tapering meeting. It normally happen few days before.

My jargon : When people sell you buy with DSONIC is exception for the time being :-)

Have a nice weekend

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-02-28 22:17 | Report Abuse

Grtz to all bros whom is still holding Dsonic ^^.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-02-28 22:27 | Report Abuse

Still waiting for Matrix to break out from its sideline after the Q report. haha. Btw Bro Assam can share more why there will be a push by MKH in March?

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-02-28 23:48 | Report Abuse

thx bro asam, bro chinesetea. enjoying my "top" quality 3 in 1 Teh Tarik now :-) (still kenot afford the real thing yet, target end of this yr boleh kot... hehe

sori asam, i posted "someone said yday high is tomo low" in the DSONIC thread. that someone is you asamlaksa :-) thx bro.

bros, i'll have some bullets next wk to pounce on when opportunity arises...

but with DSONIC i have a gut feel that only "ubat mujarab" UMA will pull it back...

this train is like the CRH380A (China Bullet Train) hitting 300mph when it bull runs !

it is madness - making those bashers cringe in disbelief and quiet like a mouse while we the ones who are holding tighttighttt break cold sweat looking at our investment blink blink GROwwWW + thinking "aiyo should've bought more "mentality" hahahaha

ok bros, shall keep a close eye on "return of the bashers"

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-02-28 23:56 | Report Abuse

Hope you're still holding yours invest1818 bro. Now you know why old kakis here stick to datasonic, boosted in confidence to hold by reading unclez's blog postings.

Unfortunately Matrix will not soars significantly despite the superb earnings. No big funds there to push the share price. Honestly Matrix is a property stock with the best fundamental in Bursa. Maybe RM3.80 is too high for investors. Share splitting will do good.

This is my speculation: Big funds entered MKH causes sudden spike in share price. Today alot retail investors take profit as the result does not met their expectation. Fortunately big funds is there to support the price. I predict they will push up the share price when Kajang's election nearer. Look at TDM before Terengganu election, Presbhd and MYEG before General Election. All soars as investors "speculate". They called it "thematic investing"

But don't enter MKH anymore. Just observe will do.

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2014-03-01 00:01 | Report Abuse

Dari segi PE dan DY, Presbhd lebih cantik drp DSonic.

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-03-01 00:21 | Report Abuse

Bros, as I was reading through the bonus issue proposals for both PRESBHD and DSONIC, I wish to bring your attention to :

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ranking of the Bonus Shares

The Bonus Shares shall, upon issue and allotment, rank pari passu in all respects with the then
existing Datasonic Shares except that they will not be entitled to any dividends, rights, allotments
and/or other distributions which may be declared, made or paid to shareholders, of which the
entitlement date is prior to the date of allotment of the Bonus Shares.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Note that the bonus shares will not be entitled to dividends.

I wonder how will these be traded once in the market. does it mean post exDate, if i sell these "bonus" shares, the buyer will not be entitled to dividends thereafter? how do they tag/keep track these non-eligible dividend shares?, more importantly how do we know which shares we own are dividend eligible?

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-03-01 00:56 | Report Abuse

zoomboom:

This is a street / kampung investors forum don't have to be so formal. Unless you write a formal letter to our 2014 winning stocks fund manager ctea or future investment broker Chrollo . Chit chat and feel easy in i3 ok bro.

Key phrase:
" of which the entitlement date is prior to the date of allotment of the Bonus Shares."

Assume you have 1000 shares now. It simply means before you get your bonus shares in CDS account you are only entitled what you previously owned.
Dividends: (2sen X 1000 shares) but not (2sen X 2000 shares)

They don't tag or differentiate bonus issues and share split. Everything will be the same after bonus issues deposited into your account.

I'm not good in explaining but hope you can understand.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-01 02:53 | Report Abuse

Haha, asam, I love your description. We are more like the discussion at mamak shop.
You forgot to add that I am the Nigeria base fund manager, although someone really think I am unclez (lol). Just beyond my understanding. May be have the same uk style writing. I need to put more lililalah or Kekekiki in buy,buy,buy and tomorrow limit up kind of sentence so that no body is confused.
Btw, unclez now has become a legendary person thanks to us that quote his blog like bible verse :-) every few days
The influence is unbelievable.

1n1792

428 posts

Posted by 1n1792 > 2014-03-01 05:06 | Report Abuse

Chinesetea
I'm quite happy with SUIWAH . Looking for medium sound counters. Have some CBIP too

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-01 05:18 | Report Abuse

Good choice. Cbip is really the most stable stock that you will not lose sleep and no need to keep monitoring. Lpi also good for dividend. Takaful is also good if you can get a good price. Keep monitoring these stock and grab them when there is crash in market. They always bounce back again. Maybank and Digi are  very stable with good dividend but never move up ;-) but a must buy when market crash heavily because the support of epf.

Posted by Michael Dreamun > 2014-03-01 07:13 | Report Abuse

any views on coastal,please?

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-03-01 10:44 | Report Abuse

ROTFLOL Kekekekeke
Thx bro asam bro ctea. I shall refrain from formality and switch back to kopitiam mode haha. :-)

Thx bro asam for your explanation. Very good. I now understand already. The wording really tersirat hidden at the end lah.... Bugger using all these twist n turn legal wordings. :) Orait. Line clear.

Enjoy your weekends bros!

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-01 19:41 | Report Abuse

Hi Michael, welcome. Can you share your view as well. Here is my opinion.
Buying coastal is like buying a horse after it win the race. Coastal has bagged a number of contracts and normally payment has to be made first before the contract is fulfilled. So there is no bad debt and uncertainty of earnings like zhulian that can be affected by political and economy issues. Having said that, coastal nature business is cyclical and it is in the uptrend at the moment and it will be down turn in the future. The down turn is gradual so you can get out earlier without a sudden lost.

Why I think coastal is a good buy? Not only there are number of contracts in the book, they have ventual into the jag up rig business that can land them about 15m profit a year. Between now and 2015 it is quite likely they will have more contract. The share is less liquid at the moment means it can go up higher rapidly or vice versa.
The price has dropped a bit because it will dilute the shares after private placement. The price drop is out of proportion due to the recent bad sentiment. Anyhow, I think this is the best way to fund the operation in comparison to loan or those company that issue warrant or new shares every now and then.

Let's do some back of envelope calculation. Assuming the eps in fy2015 is 50 , a slight reduction from the research house target of 53. Then we apply 20% maximum discount for the dilution and end up with 40 Eps. Then using Pe of 13 in 2014. So the target is roughly 5.20. This is the most conservative calculation. If there is any contract in between, then it can be easily near rm6. The risk is no more contract, operation risk and etc. Do some reading yourself on the report by other research house and decide yourself.

Bear in mind that I purchased coastal at rm3 few months ago and have topped up recently and will top up more when people panic selling.

B/s at your own risk. Kekekiki.

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-03-01 23:34 | Report Abuse

Bro chinesetea, I like your new signofff kekekiki hahahahah

Looks like the bashers r already working full time and back in action in dsonic forum.
All the potential doom n gloom and fear mongering at full blast! Perhaps they read what we discussed here and trying to play reverse psychology (behavioral investing) so that on Monday get to buy in at lower price ?!?? Kekekeke

I also noted the announcement on new financial year end. Gut feel tells me something is positive about this but can't really figure it out. I can see significance with 15months closing the rev and profits for 2014. What's your take on the change?

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-02 07:27 | Report Abuse

Asam, when times come I may buy some brahim at discount, it is mixing sweets (dividend) with bitter pills(pp), quite clever play, your target rm2 is quite low tough :-)
Zoom boom, can't tell you in detail here, but what I can say is it will push the price further. When you have figured out, don't post it :-)

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-03-02 08:22 | Report Abuse

I'm a street investor, of course want bargain like those aunties in pasar. Buy cheaper, margin of safety of better. Yinson, Brahims, Coastal, Boilermech, MYEG all potential booming shares. I still remember once Presbhd at RM2.20 and CBIP at RM3.20. Presbhd shoot up very fast, and its time for CBIP to catch up.

Chinesetea maybe you can post something like kikikiki, huat ar !!, buy buy buy, TP RM10 so that people can recognize you as uncleT.

zoomboom you must hold tight despite their comments. If one listen to them you will missed the gain seriously. Listen to bashers earn 50%, close computer ignore bashers 1000% gain.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-02 22:34 | Report Abuse

bro assam , of course I didn't sell Dsonic. Just looking on Matrix and planning to pull out some from it.

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-03-02 23:35 | Report Abuse

Hi guys, although i didnt comment but i do take my time off to read the reading of what u all posted.. i havent become legend yet la hahahahahahha... now Nigerian fund manager is leading the rocket hahaha.. Is really busy with my last semester.. I am still holding my DSONIC, PRESBHD, KAREX, and i bought in SCABLE also.. and let them run until i graduate.. no time to even see the screen =.='' i hope u guys will always be wealthy and most important be happy and healthy also! hehe

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-03-02 23:40 | Report Abuse

btw guys, if you all are free, would you maybe check out this counter? L&G a construction company.. its fundamentals i have checked its awesome, ROE, ROIC, ROA all are above the my requirements.. NTA > share price and its recent earning also increase substantially.. but why is the share price moving down? P/E is 3.89 currently.. is it that i missed out smth? or maybe smth i cant see? i bought in at 49 cents and moved to 54.5 cents but i did not sell and now went back 49 cents.. i scare i did not notice anything which maybe you guys could see.. but only if u guys free have a look ok ;)

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-03-02 23:43 | Report Abuse

All the best in your study Chrollo. Concentrate in study first and let the stock run itself. Fast Fast graduate on time so that you can achieve your dream of becoming a stock analyst.

Hope your campus business can do well too. Entrepreneur Chrollo !!!

Chrollo

1,143 posts

Posted by Chrollo > 2014-03-02 23:45 | Report Abuse

asamlaksa, thanks! sure will bro! and that time can ask u all out and buy u guys a nice meal and enjoy the afternoon ;D

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 14:18 | Report Abuse

Bros what are your opinion on the Ukraine crisis. Will it cause a drastic fall on the world stocks or wont effect much on KLCI if the war really starts. Today news has cause Asia shares falling. Will this be an opportunity of foreign funds from Europe moving over to Asia for sheltering or would see a global bearish market if the war really starts?

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 14:41 | Report Abuse

Bro assam , did u invest a lot in Latitud? I'm seeing a correction from it today, planning to enter I like it's FA and it's latest Q report. PE is still low and loves it's cash flow. Potential counter. Any extra information to share bro besides on its FA? As always thank you for the awesome info bro.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 14:47 | Report Abuse

Bro CTea, did u buy any Latitud shares?

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-03 16:39 | Report Abuse

I sold some stock last week some to save some bullet and now waiting for opportunity. Some of them I leave it knowing that they will bounce back later.
Latitude, wait and see. It's fundamentally strong but always get thrown first when there is bad news.
Presbhd is good shelter as it's business not related to war. Grab some bargain of Cbip when it drop further. Ock, even better as it hardly move. Look for those low volume stock and it will drop less.

Need to wait and see for Ukraine development. Can't believe my luck to get this opportunity again after Syria. This is better than uma :-)
Ok, need to prepare my shopping list, yahoooo

I only pity those that play contra and those borrow money to buy share and cannot held.
Remember. When people fear and sell you buy.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 16:49 | Report Abuse

Bro CTea , Latitude free float is in average high so no doubt will get dump when some bad news are there but the FA is awesome.
Btw bro, do you think if the war really start up, will it have big impact on the Euro market? i guess it will if US really force sanctions against Russia. This will be more worst then Syria. Asia might be a safe haven for investors then. Time to watch closely and buy if major drops happen. Crisis comes means opportunity.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 16:51 | Report Abuse

Btw good morning CTea guess is around 8 or 9 am at UK now? Bro any comments from your UncleT on the market impact if the Ukraine war really start up.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-03-03 18:03 | Report Abuse

Guys foreign funds now back in action. This is how EPF able to distribute 6.++% dividends. Follow them. Every "crisis" is an earning opportunity.

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2014/03/03/Foreign-funds-turn-buyers-in-week-ended-Feb-28/

Bro invest1818 Latitude's acquisition of subsidiaries (singapore & Viet) very interesting. Do some study at Lat's thread. You know the next two Q earnings will be splendid. Wind or storm, you need to hold this stock for at least a year. Less than that you might rugi as too many retail investors there. My average at RM2 but I never intend to take profits.

Don't forget another "Crisis" stocks to bargain at cheap price: Inari. Inari investors love to dump shares like no tomorrow whenever there's any "news".

Crisis stocks that you must avoid: CIMB, Maybank, and other big cap stocks. I hope no one here invest in big cap here as it hardly beats market.

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-03-03 18:25 | Report Abuse

I think I figured it out dy. thx bro chinesetea. keeping mum :-)

Definito. holding TIGHT2 I am bro asamlaksa. thx for your advice.

bro chinesetea, the stocks you picked up post syria episode, how many %% have u gained? ! :-)

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-03 19:32 | Report Abuse

Invest1818, Yes, Latitude keep tight. My lowest price point was 1.8 and add more recently. UncleT is sleeping. I will ask him. My take is if Ukraine is at war, it's a war between US, UK, EU and Russian. So no stock market can be spared. So better not to enter the market easily until the situation is clear. We may miss the first day of uptrend but still able to catch up the second day.

Asam, inari definitely top of my shopping list.

I have not got any big cap stock. The only one that is big that I am looking for is takaful that always come back stronger after major correction.

zoomboom, good that you have worked it out. It's the timing that make the result looks better.

For DSONIC, have you guys noticed there is a big expenditure of PPE that eat up the profit. Hope this is a one off (plant purchase). Without this one off, that will add at least 60m to the earning.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 21:16 | Report Abuse

Bro ChineseTea, purchasing PPE will not reflect a reduction on its earning but will be shown on its cashflow statement as a cash reduction or an increase on debts if from borrowing with an increase on its asset under the balance sheet. Dsonic has reflected all its earning and if the 60m they have spend for expansion, that sounds good.

Accumulated earnings will be shown on the retained earnings and this is the profits that could be use to frank back dividends to shareholders.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-03 21:36 | Report Abuse

Bro assam yea I'm interested on Latitud due to its amazing Q results or I should say its half yearly results. I'm sure it will perform much better than its previous financial year buy looking at its latest FA. Waiting for a good price to buy in.
No I didn't touch big cap stocks.

asamlaksa

675 posts

Posted by asamlaksa > 2014-03-04 00:05 | Report Abuse

Chrollo: l&g better don't touch. Management problem. They issued rights despite they are cash rich. The rights being sold to major shareholder mayland. Please study their history. Trop,ksl,hunza,mkland,l&g all better avoid. Although they might be gorenged up anytime.

Invest: Latitud better put in watchlist first before purchase. Global market sentiment not good so any stocks you might get more discounts. Mkh if u think not comfortable can take profit. I took mine at 4.03. They need to revalue landbanks which I think most probably exceeding RM5 per share.

Ctea: Great mind thinks alike. Hahaha!

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-04 08:35 | Report Abuse

Thanks Bro Assam, was thinking the same.

invest1818

478 posts

Posted by invest1818 > 2014-03-04 10:50 | Report Abuse

Bro assam I took MKH profit already when their Q results out as im not comfortable with its foreign currency borrowing which wipes out most of its profit for the past 2 Q. Anyhow I still agree this is a good company and I'm watching it for corrections or lower price which I feel comfortable to login back. On hold is Dsonic,Prestariang, Karex Kossan and EcoW. I sold Matrix as well today to take some profit and see how the global market sentiments move on. Get ready some cash to standby for discounted stocks if the Ukraine war really spark out.

zoomboom

2,168 posts

Posted by zoomboom > 2014-03-04 12:24 | Report Abuse

bros, a quick dumb question:

the chart (Technical--> Stock Chart) that we open from the individual stocks selected in this i3forum, how do i read the colors in the volume bar chart?

I am assuming green means net buy and red means net sell? is this correct?

thx.

-zoomB

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-04 15:49 | Report Abuse

More foreign fund coming :-). Took some position already but be careful still. Like invest says here may be safe haven.

Siva68

1,858 posts

Posted by Siva68 > 2014-03-04 17:11 | Report Abuse

zoomboom, green means close higher from the previous day or same while red is lower close from the previous day.

Siva68

1,858 posts

Posted by Siva68 > 2014-03-04 17:17 | Report Abuse

ctea,asam bro, took some position on coastal-w this morning, hope the correction is over. Good closing for DSonic. Wish had more bullets for MKH. Anyway, it has been a good day and I think someone mentioned that the Russian troops reversed, is that why the market reversed its earlier down trend.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-03-04 17:19 | Report Abuse

I bought coastal too and top up Dsonic. See my latest post in dsonic and I think that is one possibility.
But be aware when the situation is getting better, foreign fund will retrieve. USD/MYR rate is one good indicator.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz