Posted by stockraider > 2014-04-28 09:48 | Report Abuse

The objective of this new topic stock talk.....!! Especially undervalue stocks with margin of safety stock. Also for people to critical review & raider's napshot pick & portfolio

10 people like this.

402 comment(s). Last comment by rchi 2017-02-12 13:11

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-09 15:10 | Report Abuse

coldeye buying, my sifu buying, stockraider also buying. I think I can go big here now with so many sifu behind my back.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-09 15:21 | Report Abuse

The Group’s key export markets for round logs were India (80%), Vietnam (8%) and
other countries (12%). The export market for plywood for the quarter under review were
Japan (76%), Taiwan (18%), and other countries (6%).

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-09 15:23 | Report Abuse

The plantation division registered a revenue of RM2.1 million for 2Q2015 with a loss
before tax of RM1.7 million. The loss before tax was mainly due to insufficient fresh
fruit bunches production volume as the palms are still in their early mature age coupled
with weak (Crude Palm Oils) CPO prices to cover the operational costs.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-09 15:24 | Report Abuse

On a YTD basis, the division registered a revenue of RM3.5 million as compared to the
last corresponding period of RM2.8 million, representing an increase of 25%. The higher
revenue is mainly contributed by the gradual increase of fresh fruit bunches (FFB)
production. Despite the increase in fresh bunches production, the division net loss before
tax increased from RM0.3 million to RM3.3 million. This was mainly due to the weaker
CPO prices during the period under review.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-09 15:27 | Report Abuse

Crude oil prices are expected to continue to be under pressured given the modest global
growth amidst an abundant supply from both OPEC and non-OPEC countries. Under
this scenario, PETRONAS reduced capex by another 15% and deferred the development
of new projects and marginal fields. Nevertheless, it is continuing with existing oil
production, partially-complete projects and the development and maintenance of gas
fields.
In this regard, the demand for the Group’s Accommodation Work Boats (AWBs) which
is required for use throughout the entire Oil & Gas lifecycle remains buoyant. All of the
Group’s vessels are fully-deployed in various PETRONAS and its PSCs’ ongoing oil and
gas fields. The Group is not resting on its laurels and continues to actively participate in
tender bids for projects. Given its strong track record with PETRONAS thus far, the
Group expects to secure additional projects during the year to sustain growth and
profitability. In view of this and backed by an experienced team, this division is
confident of delivering a steady growth amidst a challenging environment.
The weakening of the Malaysian Ringgit has a direct impact on the cost of goods sold
specifically on the bareboat charter cost to the vessel owners. Nevertheless, the
management is closely monitoring the currency fluctuations and has incorporated the
increased cost

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-20 12:28 | Report Abuse

raider, calling raider

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-10-20 12:32 | Report Abuse

ya, call Raider to seek advice, you need it

Raider is a good investor, I think he retires early already

unlike you struggling to pay debts

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-20 12:34 | Report Abuse

I am still young, I still got many times. So/??

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-10-20 12:39 | Report Abuse

not wealthy is not a sin

I have never condemned anybody for being poor

but if you are just a small ciku, please stop talk big and abuse people

your ego is not warranted

period

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-23 16:53 | Report Abuse

hehe

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-25 21:49 | Report Abuse

Hi paperlane,

Sorry for not replying earlier, as i was away.

It look look like your stock pick like superlon and wtk is doing well.

My advise is stay on course, as the trend is rising and i see it sustainable, Europe are still doing QE and China just cut interest rate and SRR last week.
This are bullish for investor.

Furthermore weak Rm translate to higher selling price in USD.

As raw material it is under control as crude price is low & manageable,

This mean higher profit margin

In investment u have to be patient and discipline.

Good Luck !

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-26 16:10 | Report Abuse

A WORD OF INVESTMENT WISDOM:

As a long term investor, it is not uncommon and in fact, you can expect your portfolio value to drop significantly over a period of time. The important thing is to be a winner in the long term. Never lose your capital.
WHAT DO U MEAN BY NEVER LOSE YOUR CAPITAL ? ANSWER; ESTABLISH THE TRUE VALUE OF YOUR STOCK, IF IT GOT BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY, STRONG CASH FLOW & LOW GEARING.....STAY ON TRACK.....!!

BENJAMIN GRAHAM'S 113 WISE WORDS
The true investor scarcely ever is forced to sell his shares, and at all times he is free to disregard the current price quotation. He need pay attention to it and act upon it only to the extent that it suits his book, and no more. Thus the investor who permits himself to be stampeded or unduly worried by unjustified market declines in his holdings is perversely transforming his basic advantage into a basic disadvantage. That man would be better off if his stocks had no market quotation at all, for he would then be spared the mental anguish caused him by other persons' mistakes of judgement."

MARKET FLUCTUATIONS OF INVESTOR'S PORTFOLIO
Note carefully what Graham is saying here.

It is not just possible, but probable, that most of the stocks you own will gain at least 50% from their lowest price and lose at least 33% ("equivalent one-third") from their highest price -regardless of which stocks you own or whether the market as a whole goes up or down.

If you can't live with that - or you think your portfolio is somehow magically exempt from it - then you are not yet entitled to call yourself an investor.

AS RAIDER SAY " STAY ON TRACK IF U HAD DONE YOUR HOMEWORK PROPERLY B4 U INVEST"!

Chapter 20 - “Margin of Safety” as the Central Concept of Investment

A single quote by Graham on page 516 struck me:

Observation over many years has taught us that the chief losses to investors come from the purchase of low-quality securities at times of favorable business conditions.

Basically, Graham is saying that most stock investors lose money because they invest in companies that seem good at a particular point in time, but are lacking the fundamentals of a long-lasting stable company.

This seems obvious on the surface, but it’s actually a great argument for thinking more carefully about your individual stock investments. If most of your losses come from buying companies that seem healthy but really aren’t, isn’t that a profound argument for carefully studying any company you might invest in?

BESIDE THAT THE INVESTOR DID NOT ESTABLISH ADEQUATE MARGIN OF SAFETY FROM THE PURCHASE FROM THE ONSET....!!

LIKE AN ENGINEER, WHO BUILD BRIDGE....IF U CONSTRUCT THE BRIDGE WITH ADEQUATE MARGIN OF SAFETY....IT WOULD NOT HAVE COLLAPSE LOH.....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-26 16:11 | Report Abuse

Enhance Your Investing Returns By Not Swinging At Every Pitch

Summary

• Building a core concentrated portfolio of 3-5 stocks is very advantageous over buying 20-30 individual stocks.

• Not swinging at every investing idea will not only enhance returns but it will let you focus on building positions in your bests ideas.

• Some of the richest investors in the past have gotten rich by putting all of their eggs in one basket or in 3-5 small baskets.

"I call investing the greatest business in the world, because you never have to swing. You stand at the plate, the pitcher throws you General Motors at 47! U.S. Steel at 39! and nobody calls a strike on you. There's no penalty except opportunity lost. All day you wait for the pitch you like; then when the fielders are asleep, you step up and hit it". -Warren Buffett

RAIDER WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE CONSERVATIVE INVESTOR TO ADOPT THE ABOVE WISDOM HIGHLIGHTED BY WARREN BUFFET.

JUST IMAGINE....YOUR LOADED GUNS HAS LIMITED BULLETS....U TAKE AN AIM....SHOOT ONLY....WHEN U R REALLY SURE OF SUCCESS MAH.....!!

BUT RAIDER ADVISE U....TO KEEP 12 STOCKS INSTEAD OF 3 TO 5 STOCKS....IN ORDER TO AVOID RISK OF MAKING A BIG MAJOR MISTAKE MAH......!!

ANOTHER THING STICK TO YOUR CIRCLE OF COMPETENT LOH......!!

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-10-26 16:35 | Report Abuse

Stockraider you got a good insight on Superln. Congratulations.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-26 16:38 | Report Abuse

Ezra,

It is just a fluke shot.
Raider got a tip from my friend, stockgod & raider just buy & hold loh.!!

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-27 08:59 | Report Abuse

RGB next one

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-28 10:15 | Report Abuse

If you are new to investing, your first stock should be ...

This should be interesting.

Your first stock ...

You should buy what you know.

It doesn't have to go up in order to have been a success.

You are going to spend a lot of time getting to know your first stock pick, so you might as well enjoy it.

The primary goal of your first stock is to get you started and learning about investing.

1. It must be a stock that is interesting to you.

2. It must have financials and a business strategy that you understand

3. It must be a company you'll enjoy following and talking about with fellow investors.

Peter Lynch: "Buy what you know." :thumbsup:

LIKE WHAT PETER LYNCH SAYS....U SHOULD BUY THE STOCK, THAT U KNOW & LIKE ....RAIDER THINK "MAYBANK" AND "BAT" MAYBE A GOOD IDEA.....!!

SOME PEOPLE....ASK RAIDER....WHY BAT, GIVEN SO MUCH ANTI- SMOKING CAMPAIGN ?

RAIDER THERE ARE SO MANY BAD HABITS AND VICES....ONLY SMOKING...NOT HARAM....IN THE MUSLIM EYE !!....THUS " BAT " SHOULD BE CONTINUE TO PERFORM, BCOS THIS IS ONLY AREA....A FELLOW FRIEND.....STILL CAN ENJOY ABIT MAH....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-28 11:43 | Report Abuse

Past performance may not be an indicator of future performance. The financial statements are based on past as opposed to present or even future situation.

That is why Buffett's 4 screens are very useful:

1. Know the business
2. It must have durable competitive advantage
3. Management has integrity
4. Buy with margin of safety.

Investing is simple but not easy. :cash:

When I look at the 10 years financial data of the company, essentially, I am forming my opinon on:

1. The business of the company
2. The quality of the business and its growth over a long period, essentially, its durable competitive advantage
3. The quality and integrity of the management (profit margins, ROE)
4. Intrinsic value of the company which is its Present Value which equals the DCF values of all its future cash flows.

It is so much easier to value a company with consistent predictable earnings that are not so volatile.

It is easy too to value a company with earnings that are growing consistently and predictably, and that are not so volatile.

Companies with earnings that are growing consistently and predictably and where the earnings are not very volatile tend to enjoy higher valuations.

Those whose earnings that are volatile can be difficult to value and are discounted more, thus they generally are valued not as high as the former.

When looking at earnings, look for profitability, consistency, growth and little volatility. :cash:

RAIDER COMMENT: IF USE THIS FORMULA OF WARREN BUFFET....EFFECTIVELY....U R...ELIMINATING 99% OF ALL THE STOCKS IN THE KLSE LOH.....!!

OF COURSE....THIS WILL MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT IN YOUR STOCK SELECTION & INVESTMENT LOH....!!
BUT U STILL NEED TO INVEST THE WARREN BUFFET WAY ISN'T ?

RAIDER SUGGEST TO USE 5 YRS....SINCE MALAYSIA IS RELATIVELY YOUNG ECONOMY....!!
IF U USE THE W.BUFFET WAY LOH......!!

Alternative;
DO NOT DESPAIR....FOR ASPIRING FUNDAMENTAL INVESTOR .....!!
IF U USE B GRAHAM METHOD....U STILL CAN GET ABOUT 15% TO 20% QUALIFY....!!
THIS MEAN U STILL GET A BIG CHUNK OF OPTION LOH.....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-10-29 18:39 | Report Abuse

The research house believes the current price weakness presents a buying opportunity for investors.

Sustained strong earnings growth is a potential catalyst, it said.

IGB REIT recorded core net profit of RM65.1mil, a 8.3% year-on-year gain for the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2015, on the back of 7.5% on-year growth in revenue to RM121mil.

The improvement was mainly due to higher total rental income during the period. Its net property income increased 6.4% year-on-year to RM85.2mil as its overall property operating expenses appreciated 10.4% year-on-year.

On a cumulative basis, its revenue increased 7.5% year-on-year to RM367.8mil resulting in core net profit growth of 13.9% year-on-year to RM200.9mil.

This was on the back of higher total rental income during the period, resulting in a 10.7% year-on-year jump in net property income to RM261.6mil. Property operating expenses was 0.3% higher. After adjusting for RM28.9mil in non-cash adjustments, IGB REIT’s distributable income for the nine-months grew 12.9% year-on-year to RM229.8mil.

The results exceeded CIMB’s expectations, making up 79% of its full-year forecast and 77% of consensus’.

IGB REIT also announced a dividend per unit of 2.14 sen for the third quarter, bringing the total for the nine-months to 6.61 sen. This translates into a 12% year-on-year improvement, and makes up 83.7% of CIMB’s full-year dividend forecast of 7.90 sen.

CIMB revised its financial year ending Dec 31, 2015 to 2017 earnings forecasts upwards by 3% to 9.3% and dividend per unit by 2.7% to 8.9% on stronger rental revision assumptions and due to the additional 40,000 sq ft of net lettable area expected to be added in 2015 at the Mid Valley Megamall from a reconfiguration of the existing layout.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-30 12:31 | Report Abuse

RGB,WTK,LFECORP,KESM.......

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-11-02 18:13 | Report Abuse

The Curse of a Bull Market - Vishal Khandelwal

Author: Tan KW | Publish date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015, 12:52 PM
by Vishal Khandelwal

“Vishal, since the market is up so much over the past two years, I’m looking for cheap stocks and sectors that have been left behind, even if they are average businesses,” a value investor friend Ravi told me this as we met for lunch last weekend.

“Why?” I asked.
“Because it’s almost impossible to find value among good quality companies…your so-called moat businesses. And I am a true blue value investor you see.”
“Oh no,” I told Ravi. “That is a dangerous thing to do.”

I understood what Ravi was hoping to do. It also sounded logical i.e., to identify and buy stocks that remain cheap in a market where most businesses are quoting at high valuations.
But sensible investing doesn’t work that way.

“There is a big difference between ‘cheapness’ and ‘value’, Ravi.”
RAIDER COMMENT; ALOT OF PEOPLE MISUNDERSTOOD CHEAPNESS V UNDERVALUE AND MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH....!!
TO PROTECT YOURSELF U NEED UNDERVALUE AND MARGIN OF SAFETY AND NOT CHEAP PRICE....!!
CHEAP & BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY IS WHAT AN INTELLIGENT INVESTOR WANT LOH.....!!

“Why do you say that, Vishal?”
“Think about stocks from the real estate and infrastructure sector as an example,” I said. “Since March of 2009, which was the bottom of last major stock market crash, shares of companies like DLF, Suzlon, GMR Infra, and JP Associates are down between 13% and 61%. Note that I am talking about these returns from the bottom of 2009, when almost everything was cheap.

And we all know what has happened to these stocks from the peak of January 2008. These are down anywhere between 90% and 96%.
“Now compare these with a few high quality businesses (as in 2008) like Asian Paints, Pidilite, and Titan. If you had owned them at the peak of January 2008 (note again, at the peak), and you held on to them till today, you would have earned CAGR of between 19% and 29%.

“And we all know what has happened to these stocks from the bottom of March 2009. These are up anywhere between CAGR of 42% and 50%.

“In short, if you had bought bad businesses in March 2009 when they were cheap, you would have been sitting on losses even six years later. On the other hand, if you had bought or held high quality businesses when then were seemingly expensive in January 2008, you would have still made big gains over the years.”

“So are you advising me to buy high quality businesses, even if they are expensively valued?” Ravi broke his silence.
“No, not at all Ravi. Far from that! Consider what Warren Buffett has said so often –

It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.
RAIDER COMMENT; IF U CANNOT FIND GREAT MARGIN OF SAFETY STOCK....BUYING INTO QUALITY BUSINESS AT A FAIR PRICE IS A BETTER OPTION LOH......!!
DO NOT REPEAT ICAP ....MR TAN TEONG BOO.....SITTING ON FAT CASH FOR A FEW YRS....JUST WAITING FOR 1 FAT PITCH LOH...!!

“And why? Well, here is Buffett again –
Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.
THIS IS A GREAT ADVISE FOR MR TAN TEONG BOO....THE SO CALL MSIAN W BUFFET LOH....!!

“The message is simple, Ravi. Avoid the mistake of buying ordinary companies just because they are trading cheap and you have nothing to buy among high-quality businesses.
“Patience, as I understand, is required not just after you buy a stock, but also before you buy it.

“Look Ravi, what we have seen over the past two years has been an amazing bull run in stocks. If a stock did not rise in this run up, you must investigate why it has been so. Maybe something is wrong with the business. Maybe it is cheap now for a reason.”

Ravi was listening carefully, and so I continued.
“Most people, like I used to do earlier, think that it’s safer to buy a cheap stock – one that didn’t participate in the big run. They think that there’s some safety there. They think that it can’t fall as much as the ones that ran up, simply because it doesn’t have as far to fall. NOT CHEAP STOCK.....BUT MARGIN OF SAFETY UNDERVALUE STOCK....IS WHAT U R LOOKING FOR....!!

But having been an investor in the markets for almost 12 years now, and seeing others investors who have done really well over the years, I know this isn’t how it works. Buying the previous underperformers that are trading cheap doesn’t provide you any protection against market crash, or a potential for reasonable return in the future.
“Some stocks that did not participate in the past run up may do well in the future, but it’s because their underlying businesses do well and not because these stocks were cheap at the start of their turnaround.

“Once the market has run up like it has, the temptation is to look for deals among ordinary companies. Resist that temptation, Ravi. Trust me, it doesn’t work.

“Learning this lesson was hard for me. I hurt myself a few times looking for cheap stocks after bull runs before I got it. But it doesn’t have to be

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-11-02 18:45 | Report Abuse

Re: Peter Lynch investment principle applicable good & bad time !!

Raider already incorporated into 'Leech Tech" into raider's stock selection tech ;

1) Know what u own/buy
2) Futile to predict the economy & interest
3) Spend time to identify exceptional companies
4) Avoid long shot investment and stick to proven
5) Good management important but good business matter more
6) Be flexible & humble
7) Make sure u can explain why u r buying within 3 sentence
8)There always something to worry about thus ponder over and assess the position proceed immediately if positive outweigh negative

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-11-04 18:22 | Report Abuse

Raider's improve version of stockmarket investment loh.....!!

U notice that on normal Raider's core investment tech......is margin of safety mah....!!

But raider.....lately is talking about momentum & tukang tilik prediction loh......!!
Why leh ?
In order to make big monies.....u must capitalize on momentum & tukang tilik prediction mah....!!

When market in a doldrum......u must talk about Fundamental like margin of safety, undervalue , cashflow, low PE, discount to NTA etc loh.....!! (DEFENSIVE PLAY MAH...!!)

When market is going up.....u must be slightly more aggressive.....with emphasis on growth potential of stock & momentum of the stock mah......support & resistance point mah.....!! (OFFENSIVE PLAY MAH...!!)

By capitalizing on all these least resistance criteria BOTH OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE.....u can always perform better

Lets look to above statement loh......!!

It is true loh......!!

Human come from animal kingdom thru evolution.....& this animal traditional act like herd mah.....!!
The herd like nature of human is fully embedded in our DNA loh......!!

So when Bulfallo charge............they charge & follow together loh......!!
Same as human loh.....when mkt charge, they buy mah.......!!!

Surprisingly a lot of fund manager also act like that mah....share go up only they chase loh.....!!
But share go up chase.....not a bad strategy, as long as there is still got big margin of safety mah.....!!

If U understand the depth herd nature of human.....u understand bull & bear mkt.....!!
U improve your investment return 3 fold mah........!!!

Always think of Margin of safety when u invest loh........!!!

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-03 17:45 | Report Abuse

Raider, it's going to be 2016 soon, any stock you recommend for next year?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-03 17:53 | Report Abuse

Hi Ezra,

This stock highlight by calvin tan, raider think can buy loh..!!

Posted by calvintaneng > Dec 2, 2015 10:31 PM | Report Abuse

A VERY GOOD EVENING FROM CALVIN TAN OF SINGAPORE,

The expectation of Share Limit Up did not materialized on announcement of a Cash Pay out.

As Mr Market did not understand the logic of the write off of accumulated losses by a par value reduction from 50 cents to 20 cents there is only a half limit up of 15% instead of a Full Limit Up of 30%.

Calvin is still very satisfied that this is a new beginning for Mui Group to share its windfall with shareholders.

Let Calvin tell you the Reasons for keeping PM Corp long term.

1) The 8 cents Cash Payout is only the "Tip of the Iceberg" in PM Corp's Total Hidden Value

2) By now our South American Laura Ashley franchise should unlock another Rm20 millions Cash

3) The 6 Acres Factory Lands in Shah Alam have gone up 300% to Rm50 milliions by now.

4) Another Rm10 millions await PM Corp from PM Holdings disposal to Dr Yu

5) All the outstanding loans to subsidiary are still intact as with other investments and other assets.

6) The Marketing of FMCG of Tudor Gold & Tango are still ongoing with latest designer packaging.

7) PM Corp is equivalent to SEE's CANDY of Berkshire. From the Cash dividends from SEE's Candy Warren Buffet reinvested in many other Great Companies. So may PM Corp be the CASH COW of Mui Group - giving more and more regular dividends to all happy shareholders for years and years to come

Long live PM Corp.

Long Live Tan Sri Dr. Khoo Kay Peng

Warmest Regards to All at PM Corp Forum,

Thank you for keeping faith with Calvin Tan
www.eaglevisioninvest.com

PEOPLE SAY CALVIN TAN IS A HOLLAND KING.....!!
BUT RAIDER SAY HIS INVESTMENT STYLE & GUTS ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE LOH.....!!
IF U KNOW HOW TO INTERPRET INDEPENDENTLY HIS POSTING.....U WILL BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY SOME OF HIS INVESTMENT ACTUALLY MAKE ALOT OF SENSE LOH.....!!

U NEED SKILL TO LEECH LOH....!!

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-03 18:33 | Report Abuse

Hmm... I'll think about it. Raider You do have a point though, there's many ways to make money in stock market.

However, cigar butt investing is not my style, you see. I like buying wonderful companies at a fair price instead. Especially since nowadays market is so turbulent, I prefer to be more cautiously bullish. Any other recommendations?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-03 20:16 | Report Abuse

Ezra,
Ok if u like wonderful company then Ajinomoto loh....!!
Recommended by Icon....i think quite good mah.....!!
But bear mind it has move up loh....but still ok can make monies loh...!!

Posted by Icon8888 > Dec 3, 2015 02:50 PM | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/icon8888/87489.jsp

THIS ANOTHER RAIDER LEECH TECH LOH.....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-03 21:57 | Report Abuse

GETTING RICH THE RAIDER PERSPECTIVE

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be rich.

You don't need a college education, a high-paying job, or any money at all to start.

All you have to do is know what you want, have a plan, and stock to it....RAIDER GET RICH PLAN....IS TO BUY 10 MARGIN OF SAFETY STOCK WITH EQUAL $$$$$$ PROPORTION

All it takes is a little discipline. HAVE CONFIDENCE HOLD LONGER TERM AT LEAST 3 YRS

The problem when it comes to money, is that a little discipline is often a rare commodity.

"Find a formula that will make you rich, and follow it."....YES FORMULA 10 MARGIN OF SAFETY STOCK OF EQUAL $$$$$$$$$ PROPORTION

Investing is a plan - often a dull, boring and almost mechanical process of getting rich.

Investing is simply a plan, made up of formulas and strategies, a system for getting rich - almost guaranteed.

Why is it so hard for most people to follow a simple plan?

Because following a simple plan to become rich is boring. IF U HAVE CONFIDENCE & DISCIPLINE ....U WILL STAY ON COURSE

Human beings are quickly bored and want to find something more exciting and amusing.

They start following a plan, and soon they are bored.

So they stop following the plan and then they look for a magic way to get rich quick. GET RICH NEED TIME....NO GET RICH SCHEME

They cannot stand the boredom of following a simple, uncomplicated plan to get rich.

When it comes to investing, simple is better than complex.

That is why only 3 out of 100 people become rich. IF U FOLLOW THE MARGIN OF SAFETY PLAN....U WILL BE 1 OF THE 3 RARE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE.

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-03 22:30 | Report Abuse

Yeah, I saw Icon's latest post about Ajinomoto too.
Hmm... I'll consider it, thanks Raider.
Happy new year 2016 in advance to you. Wish both of us huat ah!

Posted by myfairlady > 2015-12-06 14:25 | Report Abuse

Dear Raider....really enjoy reading your posts....TQ

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-06 22:18 | Report Abuse

Quote from: iiinvestsmart on Today at 12:43:58 PM
What have I accomplished this year in my investing?

Philosophy is sound.

The methodology is alright.

Still more of the same.

1. Investing into good quality growth stocks with durable competitive advantage available at reasonable or bargain prices and hold for the long term.

For capital appreciation. DY is usually low. Focus more on small cap to mid cap stocks entering their fast growth phase. Risk: when growth failed to materialise or when you overpaid to own the company.

2. Buying severely undervalued stocks relative to its NAV, using Benjamin Graham's undervalued stocks 10 selection criteria. [Also, using a modified version of this to find deeply undervalued stocks relative to its core earning assets.]

These are beaten down companies. Usually best avoided. Sometimes, the price and value deviated too much creating an opportunity. Still need to focus on the business profitability, operating efficiency and financial risk. Best to use the net asset value in the valuation. Price usually trades for much less than its net asset value. Look preferably at their core assets and income generating assets for value. Need to sell once these companies are repriced to their fair value. As usual patience is required. If the repricing occur in 1 year, sometimes you can get 50% or even 100% gain. If this occurs in the 10th year, the returns will be less enticing. Beware of value traps too. Risk is generally low if you buy with a huge margin of safety. The other obvious risk is the share price remains in the doldrum. Another risk is you are dealing with not so good companies which may become bankrupt.

3. Opportunistic investing: Cyclicals, turnarounds.

Cyclicals are generally best avoided for those who have less investing knowledge. Those with good knowledge of particular industry or business cycle may wish to play the game. Most turnarounds generally fail to turnaround. Be selective in choosing the cyclicals and the turnarounds. Very occasionally, you can spot one in these sectors to make a huge profit.

4. FDs, blue chip stalwarts, slow growers.

This segment generates good income cash flows for your portfolio. The stalwarts and the slow growers are matured companies that throw off a lot of dividends and some capital appreciation. FDs give you "risk free interest " at low rates for you to park your cash waiting for opportunities to come around.Report to moderator Logged
Bought DLady in 1993 @ RM 6.80 per share. Now worth RM 188,000, excluding dividends. Next doubling RM 376,000!!! This is the wonder of compounding.

Buy and hold quality companies for the long haul, and you will likely be handsomely rewarded for that patience. Invest regularly.

5. Finally raider like to recommend to use the principle of Mr market.

a)If Mr market is very optimistic & jack up the share price to high u better sale,
b)If Mr market is very pessimistic & panic, selling the share u should buy mah..!!
U ONLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MR MARKET AFTER U HAVE CHECKED THE MARGIN OF SAFETY POSITION LOH.....!!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-07 22:59 | Report Abuse

Investing in Bursa, reasonable expectation kcchongnz
Author: kcchongnz | Publish date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015, 05:32 PM

“In investing money, the amount of interest you want should depend on whether you want to eat well or sleep well.” J. Kenfield Morley, Some Things I Believe.

Do people make millions in the stock market? Sure, but what is the percentage of those investing in the stock market? Do people make 50% in half a year, 100% in a year. Sure, but how many and what is the percentage? And how many of them manage to make 20% a year over a period of 10 years? I know there are a number following the school of value investing, especially in the US market here:

FOR YOUR INFO DID MAKE ABOVE AVERAGE 25 TO 30% PA FOR THE PAST 4 YRS FROM 2009 TO 2014 LOH...!! THIS MEANS RAIDER ASSETS HAS GROWN ALMOST 300% OVER 5 YRS....!!

But I know almost none of the unit trust funds have done that investing in Bursa, not even in a short 5-year period. FOR FUNDS IF THEY CAN AVEARAGE 12% PA.....THEY EXTREMELY GOOD LOH....!!
THIS MEAN THEY DOUBLE THEIR MONIES EVERY 6 YRS LOH.....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-07 23:01 | Report Abuse

When one invests in the stock market, it is important to have reasonable expectations about returns. If you have reasonable expectation, and stay within that expectation, you will avoid major failures, and likely come out ahead in your investment outcomes. So what is a reasonable return from investment? The best way to start estimating a reasonable future stock returns is to look at how well stock markets have done in the past, using the largest data-set available. GENERALLY AVERAGE RETURN ABOVE IS EXTREMELY VERY HIGH....IT IS GENERALLY NOT SUSTAINABLE OVER LONG RUN.....IE. MORE THAN 5 YRS LOH.....!!

Historical Long Term Return of Equity Market
The stock market in the United States has been the most well researched market in the world with return data stretching over more than two centuries from 1802. The long term total compounded annual return (CAR) for various periods and durations as obtained from the book, “Stocks for the Long Run” by Jeremy Siegel, the Fifth Edition, for the US equity market is summarized as below:

1.The long term total nominal compounded annual return (CAR) from the US equity market of 210 years from 1802 to end of 2012 is 8.1%. Total return includes changes in the capital value plus dividends and assumes that all these cash flows are automatically reinvested in the asset over time. $1 invested in 1802 would have accumulated to $13m by the end of 2012, symbolizing the power of compounding. USA AVERAGE RETURN OF 8% PA LOH.....!!
2.There was a “lost decade” of zero return from 2001 to 2012.
3.US stock held over a one-year period, the maximum real return was 66.6%. On the other hand, there was also a year with a maximum loss of 38.6%!
4.When the stocks were held in longer duration, say for ten years, the maximum CAR was 16.8% and the minimum -4.1%.
5.Stocks held over a 30-year period had a maximum CAR of 10.6% and a minimum of 2.6%. There wasn’t a single period of 30 years when investing in stocks incur a loss. PLEASE NOTE THIS STUDY ARE GENERALLY BASED ON S&P OR THE DOW INDEX.....IF U BUY INDIVIDUAL STOCKS THE RISK COULD BE HIGHER.
GENERALLY THE AVERAGE RETURN IN THE STOCK MARKET IS 8% PA LOH.....!!

Investing in Bursa follows roughly the same statistics, albeit with higher volatility. My own research when I was doing my Master in Finance shows that the 32 years from 1974 to 2006, KLCI had an average annual nominal return of 12%, not far from the US statistics during the same period. But that was before the plunge in stock prices during the US subprime housing crisis. I was surprised when I downloaded the longest daily stock prices from Yahoo Finance for KLCI from 1st January 1994 to December 4 2015 as shown in Figure 1 below, the total CAR is only about 5%. That was way below the long-term return. But this could be due to the relative high stock prices in January 1994, and the recent plunge in stock prices due to the falling Ringgit, GST, AMDB, political instability, the China slowdown, Greece, the impending rate hike etc. For the last 5 years ended 4th August 2015, the total CAR is also at about 5%, about twice the return from bank deposits, but not much different from the dividends from EPF, during the same period. GENERALLY FOR MALAYSIA THE RETURN IS ABOUT 7% PA FOR THE PAST 42 YEARS LOH.....!!

Knowing what you can expect from investing in the stock market is critical, not only for planning your long term finances but also for understanding alternative investments such as bank deposits, bonds, ASM, ASB, etc., or whether one should withdraw his EPF money to invest in the stock market. Note that the return from the stock market has been generally higher than from bank deposits, but it comes with some risks, or volatilities as termed by the pros.

HAVING AN IDEA OF THE AVERAGE RETURN OF 7% PA.....IF SOMEONE CAN DO AN AVERAGE 12% PA FOR THE LAST 5 YRS.....HE IS CONSIDER GOOD LOH....!!
FOR RAIDER SIFU SENIOR ANALYST.....HE IS DOING AVERAGE 19% PA FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS LOH.....!!

SO DOES THIS MEAN RAIDER ACHIEVING AVERAGE RETURN OF 25% PA......IS A BETTER INVESTOR THAN SENIOR ANALYST ??
NOT REALLY LOH....RAIDER WILL EXPLAIN WHY LOH....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-07 23:04 | Report Abuse

Knowing what you can expect from investing in the stock market is critical, not only for planning your long term finances but also for understanding alternative investments such as bank deposits, bonds, ASM, ASB, etc., or whether one should withdraw his EPF money to invest in the stock market. Note that the return from the stock market has been generally higher than from bank deposits, but it comes with some risks, or volatilities as termed by the pros.

How to get higher return from market?
How good is an average investor that he can beat the market, say having a consistent annual return of above 12%? Not unless some combination of the following as mentioned by Howard Marks in his book, “The Most Important Thing Illuminated”: YES THE FACTORS BELOW IS WHAT RAIDER HAD EXPERIENCE, WHICH MAKE RAIDER A SUPER INVESTOR WITH AVERAGE RETURN EXCEEDING 25% PA COMPOUND FOR 5 YEARS.
WHAT ARE THE FACTORS CONTRIBUTED RAIDER SUPERB RETURN LEH ?

1.An extreme depressed market in which to buy (hopefully to be followed by a good environment in which to sell). YES 2009 WHEN RAIDER ENTER THE MARKET IT IS HIGHLY DEPRESSED AFTER THE 2007/08 GREAT RECESSION MAH.....!!
2.Extraordinary investment skill. RAIDER CANNOT SAY HAVE EXTRAORDINARY SKILL BUT WITH THE TRAINING BY SENIOR ANALYST.....RAIDER IS CONSIDER ABOVE AVERAGE LOH.....!!
3.Extensive risk bearing....YES RAIDER USING MARGIN OF SAFETY WITH LOW INTEREST ENVIRONMENT, HAD BEEN BUYING VERY HEAVY LOH.....!!
4.Heavy leverage, ........FURTHERMORE RAIDER HAD BEEN USING HUGE LEVERAGE TO MAGNIFY THE RETURN MAH.....RESULTING IN HIGHER RETURN COMPARE WITH RAIDER STICKING SOLELY TO CASH LOH....!!
5.Good luck ....IN A WAY RAIDER IS CONSIDER LUCKY....WITH USA, JAPAN, EUROPE EMBARKING IN QE LOH!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-07 23:06 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-07 23:07 | Report Abuse

Also read my article on how one invested in some seemingly good stocks in Bursa also would suffer great pain if he engaged in margin financing. Also read the story of the plunge in SSE there.
Good luck in investing to get higher return? I don’t count on that, do you?

What should you do?
With this type of return statistic of the equity market discussed above, as a long-term risk averse investor, I would have the following mind set in investing, also expounded by Howard Marks:

“I need 10%. I’d be glad to earn 12%. 15% would be great. 20% or more would be terrific. But I won’t try that as that will entail higher risk which I am not willing to bear.”
LET RAIDER GUIDE U LOH.....FOR 2016 RAIDER EXPECTATION IS ONLY ABOUT 9% PA....FAR CRY FOR RAIDER AVERAGE RETURN OF EXCEEDING 25% PA

There is no free lunch in investing. Risk and return are intertwined with each other; the higher the return expectation, the higher the risk. A nominal return of 10% would provide me with a real return of 6% which is pretty good, assuming an inflation rate of 4%. Moreover the historical risk premium of the equity market has been around 4%, and as the long term risk free rate is about 4%, the 10% expected return would provide me with an excess return, α of 2% a year. That is great as an additional 2% compounded over the years would make a huge difference. IF U ACHIEVE AVERAGE RETURN U SHOULD BE HAPPY LOH....@@

Return expectations must be reasonable. Anything else will get you into trouble, usually through the acceptance of greater risk than is perceived. Expecting too much is likely to lead to disappointment of loss. Trying higher returns usually requires some increase in risk taking; risky stocks, greater portfolio concentration, or increased leverage.

Investing is about building long-term wealth slowly but surely. It isn’t (or shouldn’t be) speculating or gambling. It is taking calculated, prudent risk to achieve a decent return over time. Overnight or short-term windfalls are nice, but they aren’t dependent goal. THATS WHY RAIDER NO LONGER DARE TO TARGET 25% PA AFTER HITTING THIS TYPE OF AVERAGE RETURN OVER 5 YRS.

Always remember, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
“Take care of the downside first, and let the upside takes care of itself.”

FINALLY THE REASON WHY RAIDER BEAT SENIOR ANALYST IS MAINLY DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS;
1. TIME SPAN SENIOR ANALYST IS OVER 15 YRS AND RAIDER OVER 5 YRS.
2. RAIDER IS USING A BIGGER PROPORTIONATE HIGHER MARGIN COMPARE TO SENIOR ANALYST.
3. RAIDER IS EXTREMELY LUCKY, HAVING STARTED IN A VERY LOW DEPRESS MARKET IN 2009 LOH....!!

THE ABOVE REASONS RESULTED RAIDER BEATING HIS SIFU SENIOR ANALYST LOH.....!!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-08 00:33 | Report Abuse

As usual, appreciate your view and advice

Thank you

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-12 21:56 | Report Abuse

Don't Lose Money
What does Warren Buffett mean when he says: Don’t lose money?

For me it means as follows:

01. Don’t speculate or gamble
Gamblers or speculators lose money in the long term although there are occasional gains because of luck. The odds in gambling are always in favour of the House or Banker. That’s why all gamblers, except the professional ones, make money in gambling. Ask yourself. Are you a professional gambler?
ALWAYS ESTABLISH YOUR RISK REWARD POSITION LOH.......!!

02. Don’t listen to insiders
If you think that insiders are keen to make outsiders rich, you are being naive. Insider trading is an offence. Why should an insider take risk of being prosecuted by giving you, an outsider, inside information to make money? Many people are impoverished by what is called an inside tip. Be extra careful especially when the tip is said to come from the horse’s month.
ALWAYS EVALUATE THE TIP CAREFULLY B4 U BUY MAH.....!!

03. Don’t buy what you don’t understand
Many people like to tag along with their friends. They buy I buy. This is not a good idea. Your must know what you are buying.
YES EVERY SHARE U BUY THERE IS AN UNDERLYING BUSINESS....GET TO KNOW THE BUSINESS & UNDERSTAND ITS VALUE LOH...!!

04. Don’t play with borrowed money
Play within your comfort zone. Playing with borrowed money will make you edgy. Fear causes irrationality. When you are irrational you are likely to make mistakes that are costly. BORROW MONIES COMPOUND YOUR GAIN OR LOSSES.....SO IF U R NOT EXPERIENCE PLS AVOID BORROWING LOH.....!!

05. Avoid rubbish shares.
Shares with high borrowings and little or no earnings and no dividend yields are too risky to get involved. All companies that fold are those with high debits they cannot service.
YES....HIGH DEBT CAN CAUSE HIGH DEFAULT RATE.....TRY TO AVOID HIGHLY GEARED COMPANIES MAH...!!

06. Insist on value when you buy
Everything has a fair price. To be safe, limit your purchases only to stocks with strong balance sheet, good cash flow, and good growth potential at undervalued prices. Buy dollar notes for 50 sen as advised by Benjamin Graham, the great legendary investor.
THIS IS THE STORY OF MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH.....!!

07. Timing is everything
Warren Buffett calls this: The perfect pitch. You will do well to wait for a golden opportunity before you act. Most people do not have the patience to wait. They act in haste and lose money.
IF U CANNOT FIND SOMETHING THAT HAVE A GOOD VALUE & PROSPECT......JUST DON'T BUY LOH.....!!

08. You can’t win without knowledge and wisdom
“How can the unarmed go into a mortal combat and hope to escape unscathed /James Dine.” The stock market is a battlefield wherein are professionals working full time playing against you. Are you good enough playing against them? No way, right? Never overestimate your own ability.

The opinion stated above are my own. You may disagree. But if you wish to learn more, you may join me in my Telegram Super Group where you may voice your opinion, share your knowledge and experience, and concur with other members for mutual benefits. What you need to do is to install Telegram into your mobile phone and pm me. My phone number is: 016 9321849.

TO AVOID DIRECT CONFRONTATION WITH THE PROFESSIONAL JUST LEARN & RELEARN ITEM 1 TO 7 AGAIN LOH.....!!

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2015-12-12 23:48 | Report Abuse

Wow...seems like a very valid (logical)advise.
Raider..whats that Telegram? Is it something like whatsapp?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-13 09:48 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-13 09:54 | Report Abuse

Lynch’s Early Magellan Years

You don’t hear much from Peter Lynch these days. I think he has lived a relatively quiet life (or at least a life out of the limelight) since retiring from Fidelity in 1990. Of course, his fund is probably the most famous mutual fund of all time with probably the best 13 year track record during the time he was running it. Lynch compounded capital at 29% annually during this incredible run, and his fund grew from $18 million to $14 billion by the time he signed off. It’s an impressive run, but even more impressive were his returns in the early years of Magellan when it could still maneuver like a speed boat (it turned into to a supertanker by the end of Lynch’s tenure). Here are the results of Lynch (as mentioned in Beating the Street) when he was just getting the snowball rolling:

1978: 20.0%
1979: 69.9%
1980: 94.7%
1981: 16.5%

I wrote a post earlier this year referencing Lynch and how he was able to achieve these results. He was a very active investor, constantly moving in and out of stocks. I prefer more concentration and less activity in my own investing. That said, turnover is neither good nor bad in and of itself.
The benefits/drawbacks are misunderstood.
As I mentioned in my post, portfolio turnover (like asset turnover when evaluating a business’s efficiency) is just one part of the equation that determines returns on investment. Some businesses achieve high returns through high profit margins and low asset turns. Other companies can achieve attractive returns despite very low margins by turning over their inventory very rapidly. The same is true for a portfolio of securities… some achieve great returns by owning relatively few stocks that return huge profits over multiple years, others are more active traders who make many different investments and have shorter holding periods and smaller average profits per investment.

Despite being famous for 10-baggers, in the early years Lynch was like a productive grocery store-he got very high returns by achieving relatively small margins on many different items (stocks) but turning over his capital multiple times per year. His turnover exceeded 300% per year during the early years of Magellan. He frantically would buy stocks that were dirt cheap, sell them as they appreciated, and then rotate his funds into other stocks that were cheaper. THIS A TYPICAL WHAT A SMART STOCK PLAYER WILL DO LOH....!!

You have to put this in context though, as the early years of Magellan were very good years for value investing. Walter Schloss also had the best stretch of his career from 1977-1982, a period where the overall market averages didn’t do much, but bargains were everywhere. The US economy entered a recession in the late 1970’s, and then again (the now often-applied phrase “double-dip recession”) in the early 1980’s. The stock market hadn’t budged in 17 years (it was flat between 1965 and 1982). But for value investors like Lynch (yes, he was a value investor), it was heaven. FOR VALUE INVESTOR DO NOT DESPAIR, IF ECONOMY NO GOOD ,ASK YOURSELF & LOOK FOR WHETHER THERE ARE BARGAINS MARGIN OF SAFETY STOCK AROUND MAH....!!

Lynch mentioned at the end of chapter four in Beating the Street how good of a market it was in the early 1980’s. What happened according to Lynch?

“The stock market fell apart. As is so often the case, just when people began to feel it was safe to return to stocks, stocks suffered a correction. But Magellan managed to post a 16.5% gain for the year (1981) in spite of it. No wonder Magellan had a good beginning. My top 10 stocks in 1978 had P/E ratios of between 4 and 6, and in 1979, of between 3 and 5. When stocks in good companies are selling at 3-6 times earnings, the stockpicker can hardly lose.”.

So Lynch in the early years was buying bargains. He remarked in Beating the Street: “I doubt that I was ever more than 50% invested in the growth stocks to which Magellan’s success is so often attributed.” Similar to Buffett in the early years, I think Lynch had more ideas than capital, and the stock market was filled with bargains so there was a constant recycling of capital–buy something cheap, let it appreciate some, notice something even cheaper, swap the capital from the cheap idea to the even cheaper idea. This lasted for a period of years.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-13 09:55 | Report Abuse

Now, Lynch preferred the growth stocks. It’s just that he wanted to buy them at a fair price. But he was always on the lookout for the potential 10-bagger. Some of the stocks that made the most returns for Magellan shareholders were these big winners that played out over multiple years. And Lynch is right in that 2 or 3 of these huge winners (the Walmarts, the Cracker Barrels, the Suburus, the Wells Fargos, etc…) can make a career. So for good reason, Lynch trumpets the merits of looking for these home runs. But while he himself was always on the lookout for them, he also was buying bargains and special situations when they were available. YES HAVING OTHER AVENUE TO CONTRIBUTE TOO WILL ENHANCE UR OVERALL RETURN FURTHER MAH.....!!

One strategy is not necessarily better than the other. A lot depends on the investment opportunities available. Right now, there are a lot of great businesses on my watchlist but very few of them seem attractively priced. I think Lynch paid much more attention to value than most people think, but it still pays to heed his common sense advice of buying a good business that you understand (one with good economics that can grow).

Generally, that’s all I’m trying to do. I am always interested in value, bargains, or special situations, but I spend most of my time reading about businesses and building my watchlist of quality companies. The key is waiting for the fat pitch–i.e. the rare opportunity when a large gap between price and value appears. They are rare, but they appear often enough. RAIDER OBSERVE THIS WHAT ICAP AND 3i HAD FAILED LOH.....!! THEY HAVE NOT LOOK AT OTHER INVESTMENT AVENUE WHILE WAITING FOR BARGAIN FAT PITCH LOH...!!

Good book featuring interviews with great investors including Lynch
Here are some posts I’ve written on the Importance of ROIC

Have a great weekend,

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-13 17:20 | Report Abuse

Raider comment ; if u invest in share u need to have the genuine understanding that investing in share or business work mah...!!

Below it is a very wrong concept for playing share loh;

If anyone of you listens to 3i advice and lock your hard earn money in the so call undervalue stocks, you are most likely to never see them again.
U MUST REALLY LOCK UP IN UNDERVALUE STOCK AND NOT OVERVALUE STOCK. BCOS U NEED IT TO HAVE MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH..!!

1. You can never calculate the intrinsic value, how will you know you have a margin of safety? WHY CAN'T U CALCULATE INTRINSIC VALUE.....IF U CANNOT VALUE.....WHY U WANT TO BUY ??

2. You think a strong company will always remain strong? You forgot Company is run by humans too. U NEED TO CONTINOUSLY THE COMPANY MAH........IF THERE IS DETERIORATION U START TO DISPOSE LOH....!!

3. You think you know the management well just because you have read the annual report? Haha, big joke. OF COURSE READING ANNUAL REPORT ONLY IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO EVALUATE MAH....BUT IT IS THE STARTING POINT OF ASSESSMENT MAH...!!
IF U LOOK AT RAIDER....!! WHY RAIDER USE THE FOLLOWING TO ASSESS THE COMPANY ??
A) SENIOR ANALYST- FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
B) TUKANG TILIK- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS, FUNG SHUI AND LUCK ASSESSMENT
C) 009 INVESTIGATION; ASSESSMENT OF BUSINESS OPERATION, PROSPECT AND ITS MANAGEMENT MAH...!!

4. A great company also needs to be in the right country. You put Coca Cola in Country M and see what will happen to it 10 years later. FOR THAT U HAVE NESTLE, DLADY, F&N, CARLSBERG AND ALLIANZ .........THEY ARE DOING XTREMELY WEL WOH..!!L

Therefore please disregard everything that 3i wrote and listen to me.
Flip your stocks like roti prata is the best.

1. Lousy stocks already buffer in the bad news. Its already in terrible shape, it cannot go worse. YES RAIDER AGREE IF BAD STOCK MUST SELL LOH....!!

2. Public listed stocks cannot just vaporize into thin air. Before it is delisted you have at least a year to squeeze a few more profits. WHY DO U WANT TO WASTE TIME WITH STOCK IS STRUGGLING WITH DELISTING LEH ??

3. Short term trading means you are always ready to run. Any "winter melon or beancurd", you can be first one to run. IN THE 1ST PLACE WHY GET INTO STOCK WHEN THERE IS NO MARGIN OF SAFETY OR NO COMPETITIVE MOAT LEH ??

4. Short term exposure means you are always liquid, cash is a guard even if it is not king. WHAT IS THE USE OF KEEPING UR LIQUIDITY, WHEN YOUR BUSINESS MODEL IS NOT A SYSTEM THAT GENERATE VALUE SUSTAINABLY ?
AND U WILL ALWAYS DEPENDING ON FINDING A GREATER FOOL TO TAKE THE STOCK AWAY FROM U LEH...!!

5. Don't fight the market and don't rust you can calculate the intrinsic value. Follow the market direction and go after the trend. YES DON FIGHT THE MARKET.....BUT IF U WANT TO BUY....GET A GOOD UNDERVALUE PROFITABLE STOCK WITH MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH..!!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THE FORMULA RIGHT.....IN ORDER U CAN MAKE MONIES.....ON A SUSTAIN BASIS LOH....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-14 18:53 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-15 14:25 | Report Abuse

MANAGING YOUR MONIES IN DIFFICULT TIME

1. You might think you want an expensive car, a fancy watch, and a huge house. But I'm telling you, you don't. What you want is respect and admiration from other people, and you think having expensive stuff will bring it. It almost never does -- especially from the people you want to respect and admire you.

When you see someone driving a nice car, you probably don't think, "Wow, that person is cool." Instead, you think, "Wow, if I had that car people would think I'm cool." Do you see the irony? No one cares about the guy in the car. Have fun; buy some nice stuff. But realize that what people are really after is respect, and humility will ultimately gain you more of it than vanity.

2. It's normal to assume that all financial success and failure is earned. It mostly is, but only up to a point -- and a lower point than many think.

People's lives are a reflection of the experiences they've had and the people they've met, a lot of which are driven by luck, accident, and chance. Some people are born into families that encourage education; others are against it. Some are born into flourishing economies encouraging of entrepreneurship; others are born into war and destitution. I want you to be successful, and I want you to earn it. But realize that not all success is due to hard work, and not all poverty is due to laziness. Keep this in mind when judging people, including yourself.

3. This may sound harsh, but I hope you're poor at some point. Not struggling, and not unhappy, of course. But there's no way to learn the value of money without feeling the power of its scarcity. It teaches you the difference between necessary and desirable. It'll force you to budget. It'll make you learn to enjoy what you have, fix what's broken, and shop for a bargain. These are essential survival skills. Learn to be poor with dignity and you'll handle the inevitable ups and downs of financial life with ease.

4. If you're like most people, you'll spend most of your adult life thinking, "Once I've saved/earned $X, everything will be great." Then you'll hit $X, move the goalpost down the field, and resume chasing your tail. It's a miserable cycle to be in. Save your money and strive to get ahead. But realize your ability to adjust to new circumstances is more powerful than you think, and your goals should be about more than money.

5. Don't stay in a job you hate because you unwittingly made a career choice when you were 18 years old. Your dad shakes his head at college freshmen choosing a major to guide their lifelong careers. Almost no one knows what they want to do at that age. Many don't know what they want to do until they're twice that age.

6. Change your mind when you need to. I've noticed a tendency for people to think they've mastered investing when they're young. They start investing at age 18, and think they have it all figured out by age 19. They never do. Confidence rises faster than ability, especially in young men. Learn the skill of changing your mind, discarding old beliefs and replacing them with new truths. It's hard, but necessary. Don't feel bad about it. The ability to change your mind when you're wrong is a sign of intelligence.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-15 14:25 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-21 13:51 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-12-21 13:52 | Report Abuse

3. Building A Brand
In the 1950s, household electronic items became increasingly common
During that time, products were engineered by manufacturers TO FAIL. They made careful calculations to ensure that after a certain period of time, the products will fail and need to be replaced. They did that to generate more sales in the future.
However, very soon, they realised that this strategy was flawed. A better way to generate profit is to go the other direction - improves the quality so that YOU CAN BUUILD A BRAND.
A strong brand came with many benefits. I don't intend to go into details here. If you are interested, please google for it or fish out some management textbooks. THIS INDICATE, ICON TRY TO BUILD A GOOD NAME FOR HIMSELF LOH......THIS WHY RAIDER SUPPORTED & ATTRACTED TO ICON GOOD CAUSE,

4. My Game Plan ?
My game plan is that I don't have a game plan.
I want to build a brand. However, I have no intention to monetise it. I don't even know what to do with it.

You won't see Icon8888 coming out in the future to invite you to subscribe for investment advice. Icon8888 will also not ask you to join his Small Cap Funds. Only highly indebted young punks like paperplane will do that.
During one of my chit chats with Uncle Koon in 2014 (before he went into exile, or in Cantonese, "Jeok Chou"), I asked him how he spent his days ? He told me he wakes up early in the morning, write some articles, and later on take a nap in the afternoon.
In Uncle Koon's words "... enjoys a quiet afternoon ..."
That is all I want.
IT JUST THAT ICON WANT TO SHARE HIS SKILL & FORTUNE PICK WITH ALL US MAH....!!

5. How My Articles Affect You
When kk123 Pearl Harboured me yesterday, certain forum members came out to defense me. They said they have in several occasions benefited from my articles.
What role did my articles play ? Am I a Santa Clause that puts money in your pockets ?
Given a choice, I wouldn't want to be associated with any financial gain people made out of my articles. Because I also don't want people to blame me if they lose money. All I want is to enjoy a quiet afternoon.

My articles did not cause you to make money. What causes you to make money is the Public Listed Companies that you invest in.
I am nothing but a tour guide that introduces you to a good restaurant. The restaurant is responsible for delivering you a good set of meal.
This year (2015), many people made money from Lii Hen, Poh Huat, Hevea, etc. The main reason they made money is because those companies kept on delivering good profit, causing share price to go up and up.
YES ICON, HAD STRIKE A GOOD FORMULA OF PICKING SUCCESSFUL STOCKS, THATS THE REASON WHY IT GO UP MAH.....!!

Lii Hen, Poh Huat and Hevea didn't go up because some bloggers wrote about it.
In this regard, I wouldn't want to claim too much credits.
AT THE SAME TIME, I ALSO DONT WANT TO BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES THAT YOU INCUR BY INVESTING IN STOCKS THAT I WRITE ABOUT.

As an arm chair analyst, I have my limitations. There is no guarantee that the stocks I wrote about will not go belly up. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Thank you.

IN CONCLUSION, SOMETIME A GOOD INTENTION BEING MISINTERPRETED OR MISUNDERSTOOD IN THE WRONG WAY LOH....!!

RAIDER JUST WANT TO CONGRATS ICON FOR HIS REMARKABLE STOCK ANALYSIS LOH.....!!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-21 13:54 | Report Abuse

thank you thank you raider, I like your style too, ha ha

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-01-17 10:00 | Report Abuse

UNDERSTANDING OF RAIDER'S INVESTMENT STRATEGY.
RAIDER'S CORE INVESTMENT COME FROM B GRAHAM- THE CONCEPT OF MARGIN OF SAFETY.
HOWEVER A BIG PORTION IS INFLUENCE BY PHILIP FISHER TOO.

ENCLOSED HEREWITH THE INVESTMENT IDEAS OF PHILIP FISHER;
:thumbsup:
Fisher points out that the largest wealth via investing has been made in one of two ways.

First, buying stocks when the markets crash and holding them until the markets recover
Secondly, with less risk and more potential return, you can also just invest in a small portfolio of companies which continue to strongly grow sales and earnings over the years. Then, if the company was correctly selected, you might never have to sell, while accruing a huge return on your initial investment.

RAIDER COMMENT: NOTICE THAT FISHER DID NOT MENTIONED MARGIN OF SAFETY INVESTMENT.
THIS IS BCOS PHILIP FISHER DOES NOT BELIEVE IN BUYING STOCKS PURELY BCOS IT IS CHEAP WITH MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH...!!
HE FEEL THAT ALTHOUGH THAT THE STOCK MAY HAVE MARGIN OF SAFETY, THE POOR ECONOMICS OF THE BUSINESS , MAY ERODES IS VALUE OVER TIME.

Buy and hold quality companies for the long haul, and you will likely be handsomely rewarded for that patience. Invest regularly.
THIS MEANS IF U INVEST IN QUALITY BUSINESS WITH ECONOMIC MOATS, AND HOLD OVER TIME IT WILL CREATE GREAT VALUE LOH..!!

Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher (Summary). RAIDER CAN SAY THIS CONCEPT HAS BEEN ADOPTED BY MODERN BUFFET LOH.......!!
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits
by Philip Fisher

Post a Comment
Market Buzz