REDTONE DIGITAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): REDTONE (0032)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (2.13%)

Day's Change

0.91 - 0.94

Trading Volume

25 people like this.

14,228 comment(s). Last comment by ryoyagod 2 weeks ago

yanxuan8

427 posts

Posted by yanxuan8 > 2013-12-26 20:45 | Report Abuse

My remisier told me today that someone from AM Investment Bank tried to bring down the price of this counter by always selling 100 units or 200 units to the buyer. According to him, this guy has been doing so for few days already, this can be noticed from daily trackers. He said that this guy's main purpose is to create fear and misleading message to potential investors that this counter is weak and on downtrend. In actual fact, he is accumulating over a period, selling small quantity but buying back big quantity.

yanxuan8

427 posts

Posted by yanxuan8 > 2013-12-26 20:50 | Report Abuse

Don't bother about negative comments, even without DTTB, REDTone is fair valued at 80.0 sen and above, but with DTTB it will be a bonus, and the price will reach RM1.00!!! Current price weakness is due to quiet market and lack of news flow, but this give the oppurtunity for company to buy back the share at low price. Stay invested.

pyramidpoh

198 posts

Posted by pyramidpoh > 2013-12-27 11:38 | Report Abuse

I think Redtone will be a future Digi for a long term investment based on its fundamental & good prospect for telecom. stocks.I believe what yanxuan8 comment someone collect low at the back.

pyramidpoh

198 posts

Posted by pyramidpoh > 2013-12-27 16:14 | Report Abuse

Don't to be panic u see the volummn is so small if really REdtone is happened to have something wrong,the rally will be coming.

yanxuan8

427 posts

Posted by yanxuan8 > 2013-12-27 19:25 | Report Abuse

Looking at the trackers today, obviously the potential buyers are just happily keeping the price at this level for them to collect / accumulate more. One day when something is confirmed and announced, the price will just fly like nobody business!!! I am happy too because I get some everyday, but I have a problem now - not enough funds, haha....

yanxuan8

427 posts

Posted by yanxuan8 > 2013-12-27 19:27 | Report Abuse

I am lucky enough too .... because my year end bonus is out early next week. Cheers.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2013-12-27 23:04 | Report Abuse

If china venture is good, then future prospect good!

daz3no

158 posts

Posted by daz3no > 2013-12-27 23:50 | Report Abuse

company buy backs are getting more consistent this week....
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1503085

Posted by alex_theking > 2013-12-28 22:29 | Report Abuse

hi all,

after short break in tis forum...want share a story about vincent tan...

http://my.news.yahoo.com/statement-reveals-vincent-tan-cause-concern-over-cardiff-122217768.html

daz3no

158 posts

Posted by daz3no > 2013-12-31 09:14 | Report Abuse

company buybacks continue to provide support...
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1504185

Posted by alex_theking > 2014-01-02 23:15 | Report Abuse

Malaysia´s REDtone International has announced that they are working with Huawei for technology and system integration for the digital terrestrial TV broadcast (DTTB) bid. REDtone has also partnered with Media Broadcast for designing the network and complete operational requirement . The bid is undertaken via REDtone´s unit REDtone Network.

REDtone has also entered into 30 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a host of business partners for the distribution of STBs and provisioning of contents and those along the supply and value chain for the provisioning of digital TV service.

Roll out of DTTB services to the public is expected to be in 2014 with full nationwide coverage targeted to end by 2015. REDtone is one of the three shortlisted contenders for the DTTB tender. This DTTB bid is for building, operating and managing digital terrestrial TV infrastructure in Malaysia. The other two shortlisted were Puncak Semangat and i-Media Broadcasting Solutions have also submitted a comprehensive bid detailing on migrating to FTA digital TV broadcast from the current analog system.

Posted by alex_theking > 2014-01-02 23:23 | Report Abuse

MEDIA BROADCAST concludes a comprehensive capacity agreement for its DVB-S2 platform

08.10.2013 - Satellite distribution of 3 HD and 3 SD programs for Filmbox International - Adressing emergent markets in the Czech Republic and Slovakia - Spectacular confirmation of the strategic decision for the DVB-S2 platform

Bonn, 8 October 2013 – MEDIA BROADCAST, leading service provider for the broadcast and media industry, announces the conclusion of a comprehensive capacity agreement for satellite distribution of 3 HD and 3 SD programs (25 Mbit/s) for Filmbox International. The agreement encompasses the distribution of the programs FightBOX HD, DocuBOX HD, EROX HD, FashionBOX SD, 360TuneBOX SD and EROXXX SD over MEDIA BROADCAST transponder capacity via its DVB-S2 platform on Astra 23.5° East (frequency 11.934 V). These broadcasts address the Pay TV platform Sky Link as well as cable households in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Press release in PDF format

MEDIA BROADCAST is Europe's largest full-service provider in the broadcasting and media industry. In its core business, the company plans, sets up and operates multimedia transmission platforms nationally and worldwide for television and radio, based on modern transmitter, cable and satellite networks. MEDIA BROADCAST supports nearly 750 national and international customers: Public and private broadcasters, TV and radio production companies, international broadcasters, network operators and media companies. The portfolio covers almost all services of the process chain in broadcasting, from production to content management to the broadcast. For information about MEDIA BROADCAST visit www.media-broadcast.com.

Posted by alex_theking > 2014-01-04 14:05 | Report Abuse

Digital Terrestrial Television in New Zealand

Change is afoot in television broadcasting. Traditional analogue technology is heading south. Set to take its place, Digital Terrestrial Television (or DVB T) is opening up a whole new world in digital TV viewing.

So what should we expect from Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)? Think high definition picture and sound quality, and more high quality channels.

With a long history in broadcasting and engineering expertise, Kordia’s role in the implementation of New Zealand’s digital TV broadcasting platform has been crucial – and hugely successful.

We’re the team selected by the Freeview broadcasters to get their free-to-air TV platform underway. And we’re the team that, on a daily basis, ensures your TV viewing remains picture-perfect.

Getting Coro into your lounge

Deployed in 2008, New Zealand’s new DTT services are now broadcast from 54 transmitters across 18 sites. Currently, these services reach approximately 75% of the total New Zealand population.

Those areas that aren’t currently covered by terrestrial digital television are supported by our Direct to Home Satellite; a service that ensures all Kiwis can enjoy digital TV coverage.

Bigboy

243 posts

Posted by Bigboy > 2014-01-05 18:27 | Report Abuse

Very good time to sell their share later if redtone don't get tis project it will go bellow market price...0.40 mother n wa 0.15..
better sell now before klse point drop alot...

Bigboy

243 posts

Posted by Bigboy > 2014-01-05 18:28 | Report Abuse

if redtone get tis project..y sultan not buy any share until today..

aman1

40 posts

Posted by aman1 > 2014-01-05 20:52 | Report Abuse

Rm1.50 soon to be true !

tralala

527 posts

Posted by tralala > 2014-01-06 12:42 | Report Abuse

lol, sultan early early ad buy la... u think what? wait until now only buy?

kenlfo

441 posts

Posted by kenlfo > 2014-01-06 12:50 | Report Abuse

Seems like number of good projects/plans are ongoing. Worth to hold eventhough fail in DTTB bid.

Posted by airo1557 > 2014-01-06 14:44 | Report Abuse

BigballBoy want to buy cheap price that why inform us to sell we wont get into ur trap...

Bigboy

243 posts

Posted by Bigboy > 2014-01-06 16:49 | Report Abuse

hi tralala....

how u know sultan already buy redtone share ...
any news sultan invest in redtone international berhad....
as i know sultan invest at redtone network sdn bhd only...

Bigboy

243 posts

Posted by Bigboy > 2014-01-06 16:50 | Report Abuse

better sell now very good price...
later mother 0.4 and wa 0.15 go don't cry.......

kenlfo

441 posts

Posted by kenlfo > 2014-01-06 16:57 | Report Abuse

bigboy, later is when? I heard this from you for quite some times. Please advise.

tralala

527 posts

Posted by tralala > 2014-01-06 17:07 | Report Abuse

hello, redtone internal owns redtone network la bang....

alexisvics

944 posts

Posted by alexisvics > 2014-01-06 17:43 | Report Abuse

Road getting jammer and jammer, petrol getting more expensive(very mafan to go to bank or pay bills) and internet transaction getting more popular,usage of internet phone is also booming, tele-communication stock is worth accumulation. Redtone is one of them which is cheap and has more space to go up.

Posted by free2rhyme0628 > 2014-01-06 19:55 | Report Abuse

tomorrow 0.70

daz3no

158 posts

Posted by daz3no > 2014-01-07 00:02 | Report Abuse

today's share price have been supported by buy backs as announcement.....range from 0.655-0.70.....

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1509389

daz3no

158 posts

Posted by daz3no > 2014-01-07 08:24 | Report Abuse

Lol! mistake buy back 0.655-0.67c......

temuai

57 posts

Posted by temuai > 2014-01-07 08:45 | Report Abuse

How long will its take?

Posted by Shannon Francis Bala > 2014-01-07 14:15 | Report Abuse

this week sure up buy now to avoid regrets

pyramidpoh

198 posts

Posted by pyramidpoh > 2014-01-08 08:23 | Report Abuse

Just buy buy....for long term investment don't regret later as one in his whole life hard to meet his chance to buy so cheap telecom stock.

Posted by Shannon Francis Bala > 2014-01-08 12:49 | Report Abuse

if you guys dont buy today. it will be too late

WiseEye

1,199 posts

Posted by WiseEye > 2014-01-08 13:48 | Report Abuse

I would not tell others to buy out of the blue. But based on facts and figures, Redtone is a successful turnaround story. Also, Redtone has a huge chance to clinch the DTTB project with partnership of Huawei and a German media firm, as well as partnership with Sultan Johor by selling 50% of Redtone Media stake to him. Price-wise, looks very cheap and undervalued. This counter is for patient investors who can wait for the announcement of DTTB project.

light2

4 posts

Posted by light2 > 2014-01-08 22:03 | Report Abuse

redtone loss the DTTB bid.

light2

4 posts

Posted by light2 > 2014-01-08 22:03 | Report Abuse

MALAYSIA

Syed Mokhtar’s company wins bid for digital television broadcast service

BY LEE SHI-IAN
JANUARY 08, 2014

As widely expected, the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) today announced its decision to pick Puncak Semangat Sdn Bhd (PSSB) to operate the digital television broadcast service.

In a statement, the MCMC said PSSB won the bid to build, operate and manage the infrastructure for Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcast (DTTB) service in Malaysia.

PSSB is owned by tycoon Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary, and is one of eight companies with LTE 2600MHz spectrum awarded by the MCMC to provide 4G services.

The DTTB infrastructure will enable Free-To-Air (FTA) broadcasters to air more television and radio channels, besides providing additional services such as electronic programme guides.

MCMC strategic communications senior director Sheikh Raffie Abd Rahman said analogue broadcasting will be discontinued once the full digital platform has been rolled out.

"The latest technology standard will enable wider coverage and the airing of more high definition channels," he said in a statement today.

Sheikh Raffie said 66 companies including system integrators, equipment suppliers and telecommunication players purchased the tender documents.

"Eight companies submitted their proposals in the form of business plans after the tender closing date in July last year."

"After evaluating the business plans, three companies were shortlisted for the final round of evaluation," Sheikh Raffie said.

The three companies were i-Media Broadcasting Solutions Sdn Bhd, Puncak Semangat Sdn Bhd and Redtone Network Sdn Bhd.

"The final round of evaluation was conducted by experts from various professional backgrounds in MCMC from June to October 2013.

"A market assessment and internal benchmarking was also conducted to validate the proposals by the final three companies.

"PSSB will develop the DTTB infrastructure, which includes a network of digital TV transmitters that can produce 45 standard definition (SD) or 15 high definition (HD) digital television channels.

"Initially, the migration to digital will be for the current government-owned and private stations namely TV1, TV2, TV3, ntv7, 8TV, TV9, TV Alhijrah and Bernama TV," Sheikh Raffie said.

FTA broadcasting currently covers 98% of populated areas in Malaysia and is enjoyed by 47% of households while the rest of the population watches TV via satellite and internet platforms.

In order to watch FTA digital terrestrial broadcasting, viewers need to purchase a set-top box or purchase an integrated digital television (IDTV) that comes complete with a built-in set-top box.

The first roll-out of DTTB services is expected to be in the third quarter (Q3) of 2014, for a start in a few test areas. - January 8, 2014.

light2

4 posts

Posted by light2 > 2014-01-08 22:06 | Report Abuse

still can hold redtone since it has lose rhe bid????

tansrihew

191 posts

Posted by tansrihew > 2014-01-08 22:09 | Report Abuse

light2 where did u get the info from?

jasonlim84

725 posts

Posted by jasonlim84 > 2014-01-08 22:38 | Report Abuse

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/925379 die liao run run run

invester

265 posts

Posted by invester > 2014-01-08 23:25 | Report Abuse

tomorrow Redtone price will be selling down..... Luckily i didn't manage to get the shares at 0.66 cents today.

thesteward

6,781 posts

Posted by thesteward > 2014-01-09 00:15 | Report Abuse

kenanga Tp is .81.

Posted by Alex Leow Sze Shen > 2014-01-09 00:24 | Report Abuse

I am back, run for your life! Redtone will drop tomorrow after failing to secure the DTTB! As I mentioned earlier, they failed the bid!

john888

134 posts

Posted by john888 > 2014-01-09 02:40 | Report Abuse

REDTONE TP 0.50..

WDragon

135 posts

Posted by WDragon > 2014-01-09 06:39 | Report Abuse

Do we invest in REDTONE for only DTTB project or future business prospect ? The coming result should be good

speakup

26,851 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-01-09 07:52 | Report Abuse

redtone share price partially factor-in they secure dttb projek.

kglin

93 posts

Posted by kglin > 2014-01-09 07:59 | Report Abuse

It may be good for Redtone to focus on HSBB which announced during Budget 2014 to increase internet coverage in rural areas! Any downturn is opportunity to accumulate.

ruslimz

1,609 posts

Posted by ruslimz > 2014-01-09 08:02 | Report Abuse

without DTTB..it is peanut.....

setia2u

971 posts

Posted by setia2u > 2014-01-09 08:09 | Report Abuse

HAHAHA..... those who thinks that REDTone is only depending on DTTB to survive better think twice and then twice again. Anyway, I am not scare that the price be thrown down (good chance to collect more at cheaper price) but rather so afraid that people don't throw it down.

Posted by Shannon Francis Bala > 2014-01-09 08:12 | Report Abuse

i m holding. The TP by Kenaga 0.81 was not including the DTTB project. There are still other projects in line. I agree with kglin & WDragon, good for Redtone to focus on HSBB.
Looks like our PM is daring to go against Johor Royal family. He is forgetting who put him up there. Price to pay for electing BN. All prices goes up and kacang lupakan kulit.

kglin

93 posts

Posted by kglin > 2014-01-09 08:13 | Report Abuse

Just like Astro, i see a very competitive market as more and more user to get the entertainment through high speed internet. So, it is a question how profitable in this business.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz