CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.51%)

Day's Change

7.84 - 7.97

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,453 comment(s). Last comment by stkoay 14 hours ago

hng33

20,345 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2014-11-24 10:24 | Report Abuse

Sold off CIMB at 5.84, realize contra gain first

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-24 10:31 | Report Abuse

UOBKayHian recently commented that the Malaysian Bank is a risky entity by warning its investors that persistent earnings weakness could continue to dampen sentiments. Maintain SELL (entry price: RM5.65). As Malaysians we have to be very careful of ourselves when we think we are very good as our reputation is often downdraded by this good neighbour of us Singapore company that only thinks we are nothing but just very cheap whenever we are slightly imperfect. The Singapore company thinks that they could downgrade Malaysian's reputation by downgrading CIMB to sell-out entity as if we are going to rob them when they invest in the Malaysian stock market. Next time, we should not sell water to them at a downgraded price or very cheap to tarnish our own reputation as a cheap and sell-out partner they have to deal with.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-24 10:36 | Report Abuse

The most valuable asset of CIMB is the Malaysian reputation that the public hinges on this company. We all love our country and also this Bank because it is an important pillar of our economy. I don't thing the reputation of what we love could be measured so that it can be classified as cheap or expensive or classified as RM$2 an ouce!

hng33

20,345 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2014-11-24 10:51 | Report Abuse

If CIMB failed to stand above RM 5.80, then it is likely to further head south to finally reach its stronger support level at 5.50. After sold at 5.84 today, will wait for opportunity to re-enter again on further weakness.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-24 11:26 | Report Abuse

If you sell out now, the price will definitely drop some more, don't be happy because of this, because you like to listen to people's negative sentiments and you become "so much love to sell", the free drop is so unnatural (buy rate is 68% today) and maybe it is better for you to not sell some more is my opinion only. Even if you become more and more tired to make you decide to sell out. The drop is in a series of steps, small drop everytime, it may go up after you sell out all your shares. Right now, it tries to consolidate here. The predictor is always wrong. It will take an earthquake in Indonesia to get the price down to (entry price: RM5.65). May be some of UOBKayHian want to pick up shares they help their clients by making the report up is my personal opinion.

tralala

527 posts

Posted by tralala > 2014-11-24 13:00 | Report Abuse

provided there's further weakness, lol... u buy 5.75 sell 5.84? -.-.... not even a 2% gain

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-24 15:56 | Report Abuse

One personal opinion: It drops 16 cents on Friday.The up trend can only be confirmed only after it gains more than16 cents per share. It recovers only 11 cents right now today. Currently, it is RM5.85, if the price rises above RM$5.90, they call this a break out or else it is still box correction for you to buy low and sell high on small quantity.

cchin

571 posts

Posted by cchin > 2014-11-24 16:10 | Report Abuse

Agreed with you, Kian Leong Lim.

cchin

571 posts

Posted by cchin > 2014-11-24 16:56 | Report Abuse

Can't even break RM5.90 today. A bit disappointed with CIMB.

Posted by RiskManagement > 2014-11-24 17:42 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim : did you buy CIMB when the price at 6.2+?

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-11-24 19:52 | Report Abuse

U all should be happy bought at such a cheap prices now whereas my average price is at RM7.65................don' know when only can recover!

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-25 08:35 | Report Abuse

RiskManagement: How could there be Risk and Management occuring at the same time. We are all humans, as humans we can only be doing only one thing at every instant of time. When there is good management there is no risk. When there is risk there is no good management. Some people live to contradict others by contradicting themselves. If you think a company has good management you do not have to worry about risk coming from the environment. It is only that you have no good management then risk takes over. No one can manage risks because there are so many things that are uncontrollable in life. Uncertainty is a fact of lives and so over management is also a risk that we need to avoid.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-25 08:51 | Report Abuse

My personal opinion: See whether a company is well managed or not and do not worry about risks that you can not do anything about. Uncertainty is a fact of lives and so over management of yourself (thinking too much over what you can do or what you can not do) is also a risk that we need to avoid. You don't need to manage yourself if you are buying stocks, you just observe and try to find out whether the company is managed properly that is all you need to know. In reviewing a company, you need to look carefully whether "a lot of companies are losing businesses or important projects"---this is a bad sign you should be very careful about. The biggest risk in investment is investing in companies (1) that can not grow in revenue and profit in the future and (2) those surrounded by very severe difficulties in an industry that will take a very long time to fix. The best companies to invest in are (1) strong brand name (consumers thinks that their consumer centered products are better than other companies) indicating they already win even before doing anything and (2) Trust by consumers that are gain through a period of showing good track records. Good Luck Everyone.

Posted by GoodCompanies > 2014-11-25 09:00 | Report Abuse

My thesis has not changed for CIMB. The price is very low, i would buy more if i have more you know what. In my view, they will not allow CIMB shares to be this low for too long. If it head any lower, some heavy hand will come in and do the trick to lift it up. You can't merge if your share price is just very low...

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-11-25 09:09 | Report Abuse

personally CIMB is a well managed GLIC entity. the recent selldown is partly caused by the outflow of foreign funds. CIMB has high foreign funds holdings.

do not expect flattering reports on Malaysian companies by our neighbouring south. generally they like to bash our co's whenever an opportunity arise. in business there is no fair play award but only the bottom line counts.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-25 09:10 | Report Abuse

From the opening, I think the price is playing defence today. If the price today is able to stay at RM$5.85 by closing, tomorrow it will start to pick up steam again. Today is a stabilizing day for this stock. You need big volume for fast advance and it is near the end of the year so they can only do the advance very slowly but it will advance in the future because the price of RM$5.80 is just too reasonable for such a bank.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-11-25 09:15 | Report Abuse

$ 5.85 is quite a drastic drop from the $6.50- $ 7.00 level (which CIMB were holding) the sell-down might due to foreign funds ( re-balancing ) ahead of their year end.

bad news has already factor in plus all the bashing on Nazir (tends to relate more on Najib) political fortunes rather than synergies of RHB -CIMB merger. this is my personal assessment

cchin

571 posts

Posted by cchin > 2014-11-25 13:11 | Report Abuse

Buying support rate is low.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-25 14:58 | Report Abuse

These are just my opinions:
When buying volume is low it also implies selling volume is low! Lower volume implies support will gradually become stronger in the future (fewer effort are needed to support the shares). When buying shares we have to first consider what kind of business environment we are going to have in the future---one that is going to be like that for at least 5 years (choose those that are easy predictions). Only if we look around and think for a while for other people, we will realize what will happen in the future and what people will need the most in the future. With this information, you will know what kind of stocks to pick. The general economy is pretty poor right now (consumer liquidity issue) and there is a demand for good quality but cheaper products. This bank is priced fairly cheap enough, there should not be any excessive price fall in the future.

If you are picking the right stock which has the right direction, it is only a matter of time the stock will do better than the others if it is also the more market competitive ones and cheaper ones right now. The business sentiment is poor right now but this stock has fallen in price quite a lot that is why it is ok! Let me put this straight to you, I think they have to keep the price at a certain low level right now in case the merger didn't go through to avoid impact on the share price in the future. The Bank has rewarded shareholders reasonably in the past, the majority shareholders are not that enthusiastic to sell.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-11-25 16:17 | Report Abuse

if Najib can solidify his position during the UMNO assembly. critics will be less critical on the CIMB-RHB merger. hopefully with the ringgit recover from their lows (after the fuel subsidy removal ). better days lies ahead for CIMB.

Maybank , Public Bank and even Ambank prices are much better compared to CIMB. Being a regional banking (CIMB) group has its pro and con. but i believed CIMb has seen its low at $ 5.85

Posted by Angel_Investor > 2014-11-25 17:58 | Report Abuse

I think it is more safe to us to enter when its PE drop to 10

cchin

571 posts

Posted by cchin > 2014-11-25 18:01 | Report Abuse

Failed again to break RM5.90.

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-11-25 22:36 | Report Abuse

If given PE ratio of 10,cimb should only worth rm 4.0 only..

thradsah

72 posts

Posted by thradsah > 2014-11-26 15:15 | Report Abuse

My TA tells me rm 4.50...have to admit im kinda sceptical as well

cchin

571 posts

Posted by cchin > 2014-11-26 16:22 | Report Abuse

Very likely to move lower since no rebounding sign ........

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-11-27 12:33 | Report Abuse

HighlightsInterested to invest in the US stock market?

星洲熱股評析
Author: Tan KW | Latest post: Thu, 27 Nov 11:08

Blog Headlines (by Date) Blog Index
短期有下行風險‧聯昌兩年財測下砍
Author: Tan KW | Publish date: Wed, 19 Nov 22:39

2014-11-19 17:27

(吉隆坡19日訊)聯昌集團(CIMB,1023,主板金融組)首9個月盈利表現依舊低迷,分析員相信短期下行風險依舊,其中印尼臂膀資產惡化情況最讓人擔心,紛紛下砍今明兩年財測。

Posted by activetrader > 2014-11-28 00:04 | Report Abuse

for those who bought > 6.00 no choice.... have to hold longer time... but buy bank stock better than O&G now... still can sleep soundly... if u buy O&G you dont have to sleep nicely atleast for month

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-29 05:37 | Report Abuse

Nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow. Oil price is dropping will be a relief for consumers in Indonesia gradually. No doubt what the analyst is saying now is what is happening now. I believe that analyst can not predict whether who his wife is going to sleep with two years from now. Can anyone really tell what is going to happen 1 or 2 years from now? The Indonesia stock market recently is south-east asia top performer and they are writing that the Indo economy will collapse in two years. Why are people always so thinking about themselves only? They never notice what is happening around them but themselves.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-29 07:22 | Report Abuse

Christine Lee, I wrote a lot of comments on investing in ICAP. If you have the time, could you please give me some advise and comments. Will you? tq.

apprentice

789 posts

Posted by apprentice > 2014-11-29 08:43 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-11-29 08:54 | Report Abuse

Now we all know who that analyst is? Who predicts that CIMB's business will crash in Indonesia for the next two years. You don't have to admit it really. We already know who that clown is. Calling yourself an apprentice and nicknamed yourself clown.

kingofong

372 posts

Posted by kingofong > 2014-11-30 07:20 | Report Abuse

Cimb got big exposure to oil n gas sector or not?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-12-01 09:37 | Report Abuse

kingofong=What is a recession? A recession is when it is hard to make money. So when it is hard to make money=a recession happens for that person. Before we think about recession, we have to think about why it is so hard to make money? Expenses when up, salary didn't increase, debts when up, total spending go up=the reasons that are causing people so hard to make money. The next thing that is going to happen is interest rate and tax go up and money depreciate further. We are in a recession right now. It is not so much what you are exposed to, it is more like spending within what you need and within your limitations. For investment purpose, the direction is to put your money in an area where the demand (people's needs) will be the greatest and in better quality companies to be on the safe side. This is my personal opinion. Please don't blame me for my boring opinion. We should spend the year of goat upgrading ourselves with more knowledge and trading skills to prepare ourselves to be better and smarter in the year of monkey that follows.Then the subsequent year is roaster, which is when we all can go to KFC to have a happy meal together.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-12-01 15:13 | Report Abuse

There are a lot of stocks (like CIMB and others ) with huge sudden drops but the volume did not increase. Big drop small volume, wait for rebound, don't be too despair. If the foreigners are selling like hell, there won't be such small volume. We have to wait a few days to see what really is happening! You need to wait to see it before jumping to conclusions. I hope it is not that there are too many bad news on the market: oil slide, currency drop, and etc, that some funds push down the shares so that they can push it up towards the end of the year to declare their profits. Or they deliberately push down the shares to let investors sell out for those who must sell in December. This is not panic selling, because so small volume, this is man made most probably!

Posted by MultiBillionaire > 2014-12-01 20:53 | Report Abuse

Cimb stupid stock

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-12-01 22:53 | Report Abuse

See u at rm 4.5

Win188

276 posts

Posted by Win188 > 2014-12-01 23:58 | Report Abuse

really sad about CIMB...
dunno want to cut loss or hold? my CIMB average price is RM 6.40
any suggestion?
tq

walau2u

271 posts

Posted by walau2u > 2014-12-02 00:03 | Report Abuse

Dpend on ur time frame,if u wanna invest long term more than 2 years, can hold....short term better sell....

ufoisreal

198 posts

Posted by ufoisreal > 2014-12-02 00:03 | Report Abuse

in bank sector,afg and bimb really make ur capital growth much more in this few year

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 02:38 | Report Abuse

I managed to finally Stop Loss , sold some at 5.66 and all the rest at 5.62 during trading at last time, near to 5pm.

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 02:48 | Report Abuse

Win188,
My average buying price was 6.152.
In the morning when the selling price at 5.72, I was struggling, debating to SL or not.
Buy afternoon, I knew for sure I must proceed to stop loss.

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 04:20 | Report Abuse

Win123,
Did you take any action?
Stop loss or buy low to average down?

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 04:34 | Report Abuse

If recent history drop of 50 to 70 sen were a guide, I expect the following 2 more days of fall to around 5.30 to 5.10 by Wednesday .
I will not be caught by surprise if it even get below 5, in a worst case scenario .
By Wednesday, we should have a clearer picture where the price will be.
Then, I will consider buying at the low.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-12-02 09:44 | Report Abuse

Nyalas1955 are you caught by surprise now? Everything is a dream don't worry because life is just a dream.

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 20:11 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim,
Yes, absolutely!

The chart is only a history record of the sum total of the transactions done. It is meant to be a tool to guide.

At the point of the run you have to have a game plan base on your perception and prediction.

Hopefully, we are correct more than we are wrong.

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 20:25 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong,
When the price yesterday noon was at 5.74, I was debating the SL or not to.
I decided not to.

When afternoon came, the price was even lower. That caused me to interpret that the next day may go even lower. The teaching of the chartist that there is a break of support.

On hind sight, it turned out to be a false alarm! I should have ( all the should haves are fit the future round. But must bear in mind history may not repeat itself. It may turn out to be the opposite of what you predict) taken the rebound to mean that the confidence is coming back.

I did the SL ALSO DUED to my previous experience that when it broke the support of 6.17, 6.06 and all the way down to stabilise at 5.84.

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 20:27 | Report Abuse

Win 188,

If you did not take any action.
Congratulations!

Posted by Nyalas1955 > 2014-12-02 20:30 | Report Abuse

Win 188
Another way is to average down.
Buy low.

kensen

396 posts

Posted by kensen > 2014-12-03 10:07 | Report Abuse

This is a long term stock. Need to wait