BERJAYA LAND BHD

KLSE (MYR): BJLAND (4219)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.315 - 0.325

Trading Volume

3 people like this.

12,378 comment(s). Last comment by Royce Chan 3 days ago

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 10:56 |

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-21 11:11 | Report Abuse

birdparadise Ini stockraider know how to mess up only, what happened to insas that u had promised rm3.
Nowonder uncles aunties still looking for u,to throw rotten eggs at u.
21/07/2021 10:35 AM

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 11:12 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-07-21 13:42 | Report Abuse

Should have commented earlier but was caught up with work - my opinion is Jalil should have obtained the Board's approval before he made public announcement on matters as such. It looks very bad that another news came the next day clarifying that the Board has yet to deliberate the plans. I think the message sent by the Board was that "Hey, please clear with us before you tell it to the public like that".

Regardless whether the Board was earlier made aware of it or not, or whether the plans will eventually be deliberated and approved later in the Board Meeting ~ this is what I think :

It's very imprudent of Jalil to have done such a thing especially he's not a newbie CEO. It looks bad on both him and the organisation when the next day's news clarifying that the plans have yet to be deliberated at Board came out. It's also misleading and irresponsible to the public. We don't need a high profile star CEO. Just do your job and do it right. I am in a work position where I know how the Board works so I can tell you it isn't right that things are done this way and I hope this will be the last time he did it.

The whole event since Jalil came on board looks to me more "highlights" than actual work being put in. Yes you may ask me to fly kite but I'm looking for an opportunity to just cash out to recover the principal and leave. I honestly have no high hope in this whole thing unless I see actual action being taken.

Just my humble personal opinion which I believe I'm entitled to here. So don't attack me with foul language here. We are all adults. Learn to agree to disagree.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 14:35 | Report Abuse

The key is patience discipline & have a long term investment perspective loh!

Those short termer not fit to be bjc group shareholders mah....we want quality longer term investors that can reap the potential benefit of above rm 5.00 mah!

If cannot wait just buzz off loh!

Posted by gangnam > Jul 21, 2021 12:24 PM | Report Abuse

Lol...Guess after talking Jalil better do some walking. Uncle Tan & Lena Tan has been quiet lately. Whatever happened to NWCA?
https://focusmalaysia.my/maiden-acid-test-awaits-jalil-presumably-as-b...

Posted by scanluver > Jul 21, 2021 1:51 PM | Report Abuse

LOL, RM10 in 5 years and people are not buying but dumping? Where happened to those hardcore gamblers? :D

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Posted by dompeilee > 2021-07-21 14:45 | Report Abuse

Jelat is one of those wayang more than action types...if jackal can't sort out his own rubbish bin, what are the chances a cap ayam hireling can do it? Need a jack ma-type or higher capability to kautim, BUT he can't afford 2 pay! lol

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 14:50 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 15:34 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Callmeboss > 2021-07-21 15:38 | Report Abuse

Sapu Bjland

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-21 15:46 | Report Abuse

Remember this is how u invest in super undervalue bjcorp & bland loh!

Bland & bcorp strategy are so simple loh!

1) If u have bland & bcop stock & fully invested your cash, then hang on loh!
2) If u have cash & not fully invested, then just buy bland or bcorp loh!

Just hold for medium term max of 2 yrs & u will make at least 100% of your capital loh!

If Just hold for longer term say about 5 yeard u will make at least 400% of your capital loh!

Those short termer do not fit to be in bjc group shareholders mah....we want quality longer term investors that can reap the potential benefit of above rm 5.00 mah!

If cannot wait just buzz off loh!

ocbc

1,076 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2021-07-21 18:30 | Report Abuse

Indeed BSompo is a lot if sell today, but never regret in Business world lah. Key is hold BLand tight tight as its worth even more if sell today :)

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-21 19:38 | Report Abuse

Accumulation in progress

Huat chaiii

firehawk

4,782 posts

Posted by firehawk > 2021-07-22 07:28 | Report Abuse

@simon2020, pariah is refer to truthfulness of a person!

gambler psychology --- gambler is happy when he is winning, doesn't care about the math behind! and mixed up everthing ......

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 08:04 |

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 08:07 |

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 08:08 |

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 08:11 | Report Abuse

birdparadise Ini stockraider know how to mess up only, what happened to insas that u had promised rm3.
Nowonder uncles aunties still looking for u,to throw rotten eggs at u.
21/07/2021 10:35 AM

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 08:22 |

Post removed.Why?

gangnam

753 posts

Posted by gangnam > 2021-07-22 08:42 | Report Abuse

Lol...Guess everybody who sold high is waiting for reentry? Guys... just hold tight or top up...maybe Uncle Tan will do charity again with money from sale of BSompo like last time?

Sslee

5,915 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-07-22 08:48 | Report Abuse

Haha Mike,
My Bjland book gain RM 64,380.00 and Insas book gain RM 58,982.88.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 10:23 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 10:34 | Report Abuse

LISTEN HANG ON U WILL MAKE EVEN MORE LOH!

Remember this is how u invest in super undervalue bjcorp & bland loh!

Bland & bcorp strategy are so simple loh!

1) If u have bland & bcop stock & fully invested your cash, then hang on loh!
2) If u have cash & not fully invested, then just buy bland or bcorp loh!

Just hold for medium term max of 2 yrs & u will make at least 100% of your capital loh!

If Just hold for longer term say about 5 yeard u will make at least 400% of your capital loh!

Those short termer do not fit to be in bjc group shareholders mah....we want quality longer term investors that can reap the potential benefit of above rm 5.00 mah!

Posted by Sslee > Jul 22, 2021 8:48 AM | Report Abuse

Haha Mike,
My Bjland book gain RM 64,380.00 and Insas book gain RM 58,982.88.

Bettyem

654 posts

Posted by Bettyem > 2021-07-22 10:36 | Report Abuse

同一个故事不同的演员?
Frankly Speaking: Same script, different actor
TheEdge Mon, Jul 19, 2021

In 2018, the founder of Berjaya Group, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, made a grand announcement of restructuring the group that essentially involved unlocking its undervalued assets.

As part of the restructuring, he mapped out plans for his flagship company, Berjaya Corporation Bhd (BCorp) to take over 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Bhd, privatise Berjaya Land Bhd (BLand) and list the hospitality assets within the group in Singapore.

Subsequently, BCorp sold its hotels in Kyoto for US$700 million (RM2.93 billion). But there was not much progress on the rest of the plans.

Now, Berjaya Corp CEO Abdul Jalil Abdul Rasheed is also talking about privatising the undervalued BLand as part of his plan to restructure and transform the group. He has also said that no timeline has been set for the privatisation but hopes it can be done “sooner than later”.

A strategic initiative in the corporate world calls for speed in decision making and obscurity in the level of information disseminated. If there is going to be a takeover, the element of surprise is key to the success of the transaction.

Any discussion pertaining to a privatisation exercise should be kept within the four walls of their discussions until the promoters are prepared to launch the initiative.

It is rare for major shareholders or their professional managers to talk about privatising undervalued companies within the group publicly. If a privatisation is on the cards, they should just firm up the finances and launch the takeover.

There really is no need to talk about it in public, unless they are really not serious about it.

Abdul Jalil also broached BCorp’s disposing of its crown jewel, which is Berjaya Sports Toto Bhd (BToto), as it operates in a highly regulated environment. It will be interesting to know if the major shareholder also subscribes to his views because ­BToto has always been the cash cow that has helped Tan anchor the growth of BCorp, which has interests in a diversified field of economic activities, ranging from retail and food to property development and telecommunications.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 10:47 | Report Abuse

THE MIND OF THE GOOD BUSINESS MAN & A GOOD STRATEGIC THINKER LOH!

WHY VT WILL LISTEN TO JALIL DISPOSE TOTAL LOH ?

U ask yourself...what will be BJCORP biggest core money spining business in the next 10 years leh ??

The answer is property development...as BJCORP own alot of prime land, it is expected the property development will generate at least 10 time more return compare to the toto side mah!

As gambling only contribute 10% of bjcorp overall future profits, strategically gambling should be dispose while it still can fetch a good disposal price loh!

All these sales proceeds should be ploughed into the existing business that will give a very effective & efficient return loh!

Posted by Bettyem > Jul 22, 2021 10:37 AM | Report Abuse

同一个故事不同的演员?

In 2018, the founder of Berjaya Group, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, made a grand announcement of restructuring the group that essentially involved unlocking its undervalued assets.

As part of the restructuring, he mapped out plans for his flagship company, Berjaya Corporation Bhd (BCorp) to take over 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Bhd, privatise Berjaya Land Bhd (BLand) and list the hospitality assets within the group in Singapore.

Subsequently, BCorp sold its hotels in Kyoto for US$700 million (RM2.93 billion). But there was not much progress on the rest of the plans.

Now, Berjaya Corp CEO Abdul Jalil Abdul Rasheed is also talking about privatising the undervalued BLand as part of his plan to restructure and transform the group. He has also said that no timeline has been set for the privatisation but hopes it can be done “sooner than later”.

A strategic initiative in the corporate world calls for speed in decision making and obscurity in the level of information disseminated. If there is going to be a takeover, the element of surprise is key to the success of the transaction.

Any discussion pertaining to a privatisation exercise should be kept within the four walls of their discussions until the promoters are prepared to launch the initiative.

It is rare for major shareholders or their professional managers to talk about privatising undervalued companies within the group publicly. If a privatisation is on the cards, they should just firm up the finances and launch the takeover.

There really is no need to talk about it in public, unless they are really not serious about it.

Abdul Jalil also broached BCorp’s disposing of its crown jewel, which is Berjaya Sports Toto Bhd (BToto), as it operates in a highly regulated environment. It will be interesting to know if the major shareholder also subscribes to his views because ­BToto has always been the cash cow that has helped Tan anchor the growth of BCorp, which has interests in a diversified field of economic activities, ranging from retail and food to property development and telecommunications.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 10:58 | Report Abuse

If people r too negative like the naysayers until cannot see obvious opportunity, too bad for them loh!

FORTUNE FAVOR THE POSITIVE & BRAVE PEOPLE MAH!

osted by scanluver > Jul 22, 2021 10:54 AM | Report Abuse

LOL .... Same $hit different actor :D

Bettyem 同一个故事不同的演员?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 11:05 | Report Abuse

Put it more technically loh...!

Suppose u own a piece of land....u want to construct a nice bungalow...do u construct the property yourself or u hire an expert contractor to build leh ?

Of course logic is u will hire an expert contractors mah!

But surprisingly previously VT wants to construct on his own mah!

NOW VT is Smarter....he get expert contractors like Professional JALIL to do the professional job mah!

Posted by ocbc > Jul 22, 2021 10:59 AM | Report Abuse

Same script, different actor

My 2 cents...
1) You have plan, but money likely not in yet to execute
2l VT now 70+...... He got a bad reputation in the past to
the investors, do u think he want to clear his name
before he bye bye?
3) Timing is important, i think time is about right especially he reaching 70+ n I remember someone mentioned about the money about to come in from overseas due to land disposal?
4) Jalil, ex FM , is to help BJ to get in investors by showing the potential of BJ

ocbc

1,076 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2021-07-22 13:19 | Report Abuse

Can someone share again on monies coming in soon to BJland from overseas venture ? Thanks in advance. Cheers !!

henry888

2,247 posts

Posted by henry888 > 2021-07-22 13:40 | Report Abuse

This counter don't need the support of naysayers to push up the share, it is all about whether privatization talks by Encik Jalil can go through or not. That is what i said earlier, ppl has to take the risks, no risks no gains. There is no 100% one unless you are god.

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-22 14:07 | Report Abuse

actually, there's still some slight difference between Jalil and VT, Jalil believes BCorp worth 10 but VT only 3.80... shame on VT for understating BCorp value

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 14:13 | Report Abuse

For u 80 sen already ok mah!

Posted by kahhoeng > Jul 22, 2021 2:07 PM | Report Abuse

actually, there's still some slight difference between Jalil and VT, Jalil believes BCorp worth 10 but VT only 3.80... shame on VT for understating BCorp value

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-22 14:22 | Report Abuse

oops... just realize BCorp is not even 1 yet, so its big cannon vs bigger cannon...

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-22 14:24 | Report Abuse

probably need a CFO that believe BCorp's worth 100 now

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-22 14:32 | Report Abuse

probably VT should hire me as his CBO, and I will tell investors BCorp is worth 1000...

gangnam

753 posts

Posted by gangnam > 2021-07-22 14:34 | Report Abuse

Lol...Guess Jalil got a bigger mouth than VT, the more you blow...the bigger the balloon...so enjoy your windfall money before Uncle Tan bursts it?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 14:54 | Report Abuse

Why u so kencheong whether Bjcorp & bland worth Rm 5, Rm 10, Rm 100 or Rm 1,000, if u can accept bjcorp worth Rm 0.3 to Rm 0.8 mah!

Thus u can sell bjcorp & bland, if it hit 30 sen to 80 sen & let the other brave ambitious go for Rm 5 to Rm 10 mah!

Posted by kahhoeng > Jul 22, 2021 2:22 PM | Report Abuse

oops... just realize BCorp is not even 1 yet, so its big cannon vs bigger cannon...

Posted by kahhoeng > Jul 22, 2021 2:24 PM | Report Abuse

probably need a CFO that believe BCorp's worth 100 now

Posted by kahhoeng > Jul 22, 2021 2:32 PM | Report Abuse

probably VT should hire me as his CBO, and I will tell investors BCorp is worth 1000...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 15:17 | Report Abuse

No need to revalue lah!

Revalue for what paper only mah!

Posted by miniminer > Jul 22, 2021 3:16 PM | Report Abuse

BJland need to revalue it land bank, at least there will be fair value gain and start see a very positive coming Q, did I heard someone said want to sweat the asset more?? ......hehehe..................

Douduo

159 posts

Posted by Douduo > 2021-07-22 15:34 | Report Abuse

Take profit before VT dumps
Cut loss of you can't
Better run for your life if you can
The road is long
With a many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But is Jalil strong?
Strong enough to carry VT?
After all he is heavy, VT won't even bother
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
A burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He's heavy, VT won't even bother
If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another
It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Hope it doesn't weigh us down at all

ocbc

1,076 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2021-07-22 16:10 | Report Abuse

Those senior shareholders since 200X definately not happy invested in BJ counters. That why the stock value is so undervalue and not many people want to invest. If I am not wrong, this privatize theme started since 2018 till now. VT name no more "rasa" for investors.... So now have to get external professional FM to execute the plan lah. My 2 cents..

ocbc

1,076 posts

Posted by ocbc > 2021-07-22 16:11 | Report Abuse

SSlee, can we sailan this time?

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2021-07-22 16:46 | Report Abuse

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 16:57 | Report Abuse

Of course it is rare mah....U cannot find super hero type of veli professional managers like Jalil type around mah!

They tell the fund managers & their loyal supporters in public, bcos they love their loyal supporters especially the minority shareholders very much mah!

They don want them to simply to sell cheap cheap after holding so long & lost opportunity mah!

Posted by shortinvestor77 > Jul 22, 2021 4:46 PM | Report Abuse

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 16:59 | Report Abuse

No need lah...we the believers can buy cheap cheap whenever got monies mah!

Posted by miniminer > Jul 22, 2021 3:17 PM | Report Abuse

BJland needs to revalue its land bank, at least there will be fair value gain and start to see a very positive coming Q, did I hear someone say they want to sweat the asset more?? ......hehehe..................

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 17:12 |

Post removed.Why?

Sslee

5,915 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-07-22 17:14 | Report Abuse

Haha,
The last time I sold half of bjland I bought at 18 cents for 40 cents. This round I top up and hold 1.45 million at about 24 cents. Will sell half again if hit 40 cents again.

Bjland is about 10% of my portfolio Insas 50%.

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 17:17 |

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 2021-07-22 17:19 |

Post removed.Why?

henry888

2,247 posts

Posted by henry888 > 2021-07-22 18:00 | Report Abuse

This guy must be short seller/shorties, every counters he commented are subject to short selling.. hope Bursa should ban again short selling...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-22 19:32 | Report Abuse

Already explain mah....lu tak ala dengar kah!

That monies was all use to buy iceland hotel mah!

Vt cannot siphon monies loh...bcos Superhero will be the mother hen jaga the golden eggs mah!

Unless VT want to go jail loh!

Btw....Jalil says Rm 5.00 to Rm 10.00....but if u have no confidence, u can like kahleong accept lower Tp Rm 0.30 to Rm 0.80 mah!

Posted by scanluver > Jul 22, 2021 7:22 PM | Report Abuse

The 'hidden' value has no value unless it ends up in your pocket, friend.

wantanmi Yup!...BCorp got lots of hidden value but does VT even wants to share? Good example is the RM2B plus cash from sale of fskyoto & RM420M compensation from Jeju failed project. What happens to the money? Even if eventually BCorp becomes profitable, VT will just siphon off the cash by transferring his private companies like Singer or personal investment in 7Eleven etc. for more shares & ICULS to dilute shareholders value. That's why very hard to attract new institutional funds to invest.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-23 11:59 | Report Abuse

JUST PAKAI OTAK THINK LAH!

Why Vt need to do silly things like siphon monies when he intends to donate half of his wealth to charity leh ?

Do not listen to all those silly naysayers bcos they will cause u lost big opportunity to be extremely rich mah!

Just buy bland & bcorp kaw kaw at 30 sen and hang on long for extreme share price appreciation mah!

Sure win mah!

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-23 12:25 | Report Abuse

stockraider, maybe you shouldn't trust everything VT said? Like believing that BCorp is worth 3.80 but has been selling lately at below 0.40...

Post a Comment