CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.03 (4.11%)

Day's Change

0.74 - 0.765

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,742 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee 13 hours ago

i3lurker

13,737 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-11-28 22:21 | Report Abuse

TIP====> a growing company will have negative operations cashflow for a very very very long long long time.

and that will be Amazon of course they had negative operations cashflows for more than 10 years ?

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-28 22:35 | Report Abuse

“hold back on operations payments
definitely get positive operations cashflow”

I stated about total receivables and payables.

Please enlightened us because your statement is contradictory with AA’s financial statement.

Secondly, since u said it as a “TIP” i guess you are suggesting a growing company must and is better having negative cash flows than a growing company with positive cash flows?

Thirdly please link proof of amazon negative cash flows. As far as recently i remember amazon was making net loss but having positive cashflows just like airasia.

ChefSaham

516 posts

Posted by ChefSaham > 2019-11-28 23:38 | Report Abuse

today gap down but close high means got big sharks support dont worry la

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 00:03 | Report Abuse

Must worry la this company growing but got positive cash flow. Not a good TIP. Hopefully they negative cash flow for a very long long long long time then we all can all in la..

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 07:21 | Report Abuse

Hahaha...You analyse airlines business in a slight different perspective...like everybody buy ticket earlier before travelling...you pay before using iTunes WiFi, rokki, you deposit money in BigPay then you spend wisely. So the free cash always increase before it flows out at certain period of time. Infrastructure n innovation n depreciation on right of use assets...tax deferred...etc...!!!

DTZW 1882

337 posts

Posted by DTZW 1882 > 2019-11-29 08:21 | Report Abuse

bellow RM1 is fair value for Airasia

Posted by stockmarket101 > 2019-11-29 09:05 | Report Abuse

If you have lost interest in AA then please get lost or are you sticking around to smell TF's ass because it smells nice to you?

scholez18

87 posts

Posted by scholez18 > 2019-11-29 09:15 | Report Abuse

So much trash comments here that obviously never bother to understand the financial statements. If your investment reason is just based on "hopes and appetite" which are lost.. feel free to sell.

In fact, I hope there is a massive selloff so that the price go down further. So that those who truly taken the time to study the numbers and company can load up big time!

joeshare

538 posts

Posted by joeshare > 2019-11-29 09:25 | Report Abuse

fall some more.. selling not finish

waiting for rm 1 for fair price imo.. other than that just wait and c..

Posted by newbie_Investor > 2019-11-29 09:47 | Report Abuse

thanks for the info @geary and @koyee
still a hold for me

joeshare

538 posts

Posted by joeshare > 2019-11-29 09:50 | Report Abuse

i wonder u guys that hold got stop loss or u just bear the brunt of losses...

u guys sure have a lot of money.. from rm 1.90 till now can still absorb the loss

Posted by charliecharlie > 2019-11-29 09:56 | Report Abuse

Well, looks like today not much drop anymore...

@joeshare...nope, it's because my average cost is 2.7...stuck..cant escape, hence can only load up. :P

Posted by Kendo Ken Hz > 2019-11-29 09:58 | Report Abuse

Big shark who, tf 2bil cashman

Posted by hendrycheah > 2019-11-29 10:02 | Report Abuse

huge cash generation from operation compare to last year Q, right after the downtrend is broken will be loading up AA stock.

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 10:28 | Report Abuse

Ha... Depreciation of Right-of-use-Asset...will transform into normal depreciation of PP&E...Short term pain but long term gain... After a certain period of lease agreement...this will not reflect in the Income statement...So if all of AA group of subsidiaries have positive earnings...so you analyse how heavy is AA Group. Mind you analyse the FCFF n FCFE... thoroughly at present accounting standard for leasing n high sales growth company. Plus cash flow floating from its insurance associate...AA is too Big to understand n they are collaborating n trying to enter into every Asia Pacific countries...TQ.

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 10:47 | Report Abuse

What nonsense. The tickets ppl purchased in advance has nothing to do with cash flow from “operations”. Those are booked as ticket sales in advance under balance sheet as liabilities.

It will then be realized as sales according to the flying date under specific quarters.

Don’t complicate things and confuse yourself and other ppl.read the statement as it is. Cash flow from operations means cash from operating the business and nothing else. No magic whatsoever.

Don’t understand why people cannot accept that AA is actually really generating rm2.4 billion from operations in one quarter alone. And if they did not pay out the 0.9 cents dividend, they would have about 5b plus in cash now. Take that!

Or if u rather invest in a growing company which have negative cash flow go ahead sell this and move on why stick around?

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 10:49 | Report Abuse

I’m waiting to see how many will argue and say that 0.9 cents dividend which amounts to roughly 3b plus in total is from sales of aircraft.

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 10:56 | Report Abuse

Hahaha...make it simple...whatever money inflows of course is liabilities...so within that periods of outflow... company earn interest... that's you pay less when you buy early...of course more you buy late. Same like insurance nothing bad happen money inflows is good...invest first...same like 4D...less people strike...the money inflow as liabilities...use n invest wisely first...aiyoo like this also I must tell you how to do business. So how about BigPay virtual banking...why you earn AA also earn...!!!

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 10:59 | Report Abuse

That's why most Chartered accountants don't know what is business all about...BTW...TF was an accountant working for Virgin under Branson... Probably he learnt lots from him...!!!

Posted by Enemiemannan > 2019-11-29 11:01 | Report Abuse

shariah compliant nowwww

Cyrogx6

183 posts

Posted by Cyrogx6 > 2019-11-29 11:01 | Report Abuse

BLACK FRIDAY SALE ! YES

Chokhmah

256 posts

Posted by Chokhmah > 2019-11-29 11:02 | Report Abuse

come to me, waiting below 1.4

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 11:03 | Report Abuse

So...Just 'Hentam' kuat kuat...n not lari kuat kuat... hehehe...!!!

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 11:11 | Report Abuse

Hahaha...Of course looking straight into all the numbers you probably cannot understand because the three statements are interconnected n related accordingly. So chartered accountant...CFO... just look at it and sign it so you all are paid. So the pen is like gold very crucial when he signed it. If not everyone aren't Paid...!!!

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2019-11-29 11:17 | Report Abuse

haha

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 11:24 | Report Abuse

U must be a special kind of “genius”.
WHatever money inflow means liabilities? Hahaha

Cash inflows are not liabilities. Only sales in advance is. When the sales is booked accordingly in the specific quarters it then become revenue. So in actual fact the more sales in advance (liabilities) they have the more revenue they are going to book.

Earn interest? Oh my genius accountant. Please fo read how much interest earned this quarter. Let me enlighten you. It is RM 40 million. So your argument that their strong cashflow is from taking money from customer to earn interest is not relevant. Rm40 million interest is peanuts compared to rm2.4 billion booked in cash flow from operations. The main source of cash flow are from the airline business itself.

It seems like u don’t understand here not me. Don’t need a CFO to understand the numbers.

Be humble ask if u don’t know. Nobody will laugh at you. But if u try to act like a genius when you don’t know much. It shows easily

Mabel

23,570 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2019-11-29 11:55 | Report Abuse

Are we there yet?

Mabel

23,570 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2019-11-29 11:56 | Report Abuse

For AA, I will stick to i3lurker Vision.

I will hold and keep until it reaches RM 20.

It's a good Airlines where everyone can fly...

Meow!

P/S Likewise the same for AAX

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 13:29 | Report Abuse

Hahaha....You better go into Buffett's Geiko accounting then you will know how he make use of inflows. No need to argue here waste my time. BTW my youngest bros is a Chartered accountants n a CFO.. No need to tell you where he work. That's why lots of accounting terms we non professional can't read it directly. BTW...!!!
AirAsia clinches world's leading low-cost airline award for seventh consecutive year | https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/606554

i3lurker

13,737 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-11-29 13:35 | Report Abuse

its from sale of aircraft of course

Posted by Koyee > Nov 29, 2019 10:49 AM | Report Abuse
I’m waiting to see how many will argue and say that 0.9 cents dividend which amounts to roughly 3b plus in total is from sales of aircraft.

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 13:37 | Report Abuse

BTW...TTM profit still positive...N FCFE n FCFF are positive...Amazon of Travel is correct but in different versions...Airlines plus fintech...Just telling only...I am not a genius...just there are many probabilities in AA Group. No such company in Bursa at present. TQ.

joeshare

538 posts

Posted by joeshare > 2019-11-29 13:51 | Report Abuse

from volume sellers wins..continous downtrending.. reminds me slow death by a thousand cuts.. need a catalyst to stop the downtrending..

joeshare

538 posts

Posted by joeshare > 2019-11-29 13:52 | Report Abuse

@geary .. most people buy share look at profit and dividend..

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 14:14 | Report Abuse

Well@joeshare...listen clearly...yes capital gains is foremost...then dividend n other benefits...So you need dividend paying shares for retirement...you need capital gains for early retirement... that's earnings growth company. You need to standby free cash for unforseen circumstances. Lastly you analyse the company FCFE or free cash flow to equity...if positive AA has the capability to pay normal dividend. Within FCFE there are depreciation n capital expenditures...n finance n leasing liabilities. So how much AA going to pay in next year financial rssult...is determined by its owners warnings...FCFE. I presume AA will pay normal dividend every year. TQ.

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 14:18 | Report Abuse

BTW...I am still learning from my CFO bros...n my eldest nephew. Manager of fintech company... collaboration with AWS. His salary is above 15K plus other allowance. Not easy to understand fintech...very big n now many players...so you need peers comparison not many here probably in Dow Jones. Good luck.

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2019-11-29 14:23 | Report Abuse

Airline EBITDA increased about 140%. (273,021k to 662,321k)

Non Airline EBITDA increased about 100%. (316,191k to 691,293k)

Net cash generated from operating activities is almost a whopping 50% increase from last year. (1,633,885k to 2,415,055k)

But 206.3M unrealised foreign exchange loss? What is that?

Khaz

146 posts

Posted by Khaz > 2019-11-29 15:04 | Report Abuse

AA holding foreign notes/invoices worth 200M unrealized which means have not converted to RM

if they convert now it will lose 200M.

Now they just provision it in balance sheet

Unrealized profit or losses refer to profits or losses that have occurred on paper, but the relevant transactions have not been completed. You can also call an unrealized gain or loss a paper profit or paper loss, because it is recorded on paper but has not actually been realized.

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 15:04 | Report Abuse

what the fish are you talking about? what does warren buffet or geiko have to do with anything mentioned? LOL! cash inflows as its anme says are inflows of cash and not all of them are liabilities. i.e revenue, gains from disposals, interest income, share of profit from associates, etc. It is only a liability when it is ticket sales in advance. Oh gosh i've already explained this LOL. And suddenly you bring up warren buffett to confuse and distract yourself. That reference isn't relevant at all.

Also, this is my first time ever i hear someone say that ONLY an accountant can understand financial statements. FYI, anyone willing to read and study can understand financial statements. It is not rocket science. LOL accountants are ONLY the people who does all the paperwork or key in numbers into softwares. That doesn't mean only they can understand. Many business owners are not accountants, they can understand financial statements. In fact they have to. LOL!!!! And i dont think warren buffett or charlie munger or peter lynch or any other famous investors are chartered accountant themselves. Don't shoot yourself in the leg with such stupid statements. Indirectly, you're telling everyone here YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. LOL!!!!!

Koyee

73 posts

Posted by Koyee > 2019-11-29 15:06 | Report Abuse

Yes ofcoz the div is from aircraft sales, i was just trying to pick his mind and see if he realises it is what it is and yet again..it proved he didn't question my statement. I don't think he even knows. LOL!

Koyee

73 posts

btw, are u still suggesting negative cash flow is better? LOL

Koyee

73 posts

JOKERS

geary

6,313 posts

Posted by geary > 2019-11-29 15:43 | Report Abuse

Hahaha...Worst stock market in the world at present...what to do so much uncertainty in the government we hope for Change or Reformasi...But still so much bickering... Disappointing...!!!

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2019-11-29 15:50 | Report Abuse

Everyone ha their own view. Sell it if your feel disappointed. Don't stay in this forum. Those optimistic can add more. Cheers.

kenny chua

193 posts

Posted by kenny chua > 2019-11-29 15:51 | Report Abuse

hold call, 250 million derivative losses? omg

joeshare

538 posts

Posted by joeshare > 2019-11-29 16:00 | Report Abuse

today flatline again .. there a high probability consistent selling will keep next monday

Posted by runroadtokl > 2019-11-29 16:05 | Report Abuse

support around 1.65

wait and see again

next support around 1.4

strattegist

23,459 posts

Posted by strattegist > 2019-11-29 16:42 | Report Abuse

relax...

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2019-11-29 17:02 | Report Abuse

so many funny comments