TENAGA NASIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): TENAGA (5347)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

11.82 - 11.90

Trading Volume

22 people like this.

13,212 comment(s). Last comment by GreatDreamer 1 day ago

Ken Chung

77 posts

Posted by Ken Chung > 2022-08-13 08:32 | Report Abuse

so this tenaga genco is the insider news that accounts for tenaga share price hike recently. Now no more generating cost to worry tenaga.positive news. watch out for fireworks on monday

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 08:32 | Report Abuse

"Tenaga, which counts Malaysia's sovereign wealth fund Khazanah Nasional Bhd as its biggest shareholder, said the company has been exploring various initiatives to boost shareholder value, including a potential listing of TNB Genco."

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/tenaga-plans-rm4-bil-ipo-power-business-sources-say

Ken Chung

77 posts

Posted by Ken Chung > 2022-08-13 08:38 | Report Abuse

Lucky still holding this share despite some people RM4. 50 coming..

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-08-13 10:13 | Report Abuse

You guys doesn't seems to understand how it works. Later gono cry baby like pon dan investor. Just wait, you will see
Rm4.50 is coming.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 10:20 | Report Abuse

Hi KimSua, you asked yesterday about my opinion on Tenaga's technicals. I doubt if there is too much more I can add to what I've already mentioned in the last week or two.

The U shaped recovery I mentioned is still playing out, so therefore I'd like to see the area around 8.90 as a first "target". So far, so good on that front.

Moving beyond that is when it starts to get tricky to attempt to forecast, particularly with the upcoming quarterly due in two weeks time. Although we know that there is a government guarantee that the subsidies payments will be made in full, we don't know how much has been passed on to Tenaga yet, so the timing of that would give a wide range of scenarios as to how the quarterly looks and how it is received by the market. As an example, if the money recouped so far from the government doesn't meet some Funds forecasts, then they may use that to put some short term pressure on the price if they plan to eventually accumulate.

Whether we see the price sticking at 8.90 for a while, or breaking out to the 8.90 to 9.20 area will probably depend on how the quarterly looks and is received, in my opinion, at least in the short term (< 1 month).

Unfortunately there are just too many moving parts to be definitive on where this will be on 3 or 6 months time. Saying that, I still remain confident for the overall long term.

Just my opinion.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-08-13 10:24 | Report Abuse

Pon Dan said rm5k is all he have to lose. Really lousy or lazy fellow... boasting about his English competency but can't even afford to lose rm5k or make enough to lose rm5k.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-08-13 10:40 | Report Abuse

Really clueless bunch of bilis.
If you gono worry for this month,better you worry how long you go get stuck. Oil are here to stay due to under investment in the O&g sector. Only way this oil can go cheap again is you have some crazy dude like Donald Trump come back into power or a similar kind of covid 19 pandemic happen again.

Yeah the price will go up, then what is next..institutional will sell again to cut lost and new bilis gono get trapped. If institutional not selling aggressive enaugh means they are just buying time to let go slowly so that it will not create a panic situation in the counter.
I have seen this condition in many other counters.

Pon dan is calling bilis come come friend, come get stuck with me ,I am alone with a few unappreciative friends.
Pon dan said eventhough they have sidelined me , I still treat them as my best buddy..

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 10:49 | Report Abuse

"Pon dan is calling bilis come come friend, come get stuck with me ,I am alone with a few unappreciative friends.
Pon dan said eventhough they have sidelined me , I still treat them as my best buddy.. "

I hope that you are not calling me a pon dan.
Is that what you are saying?

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-08-13 11:05 | Report Abuse

Ahyo normally prudent investor replied to the me calling him pon dan, why you suddenly thinking it was you.. hmmm

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 11:10 | Report Abuse

I am asking you a question, answer it please

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-08-13 11:25 | Report Abuse

No is not you. I think you are not like pon dan investor who has been telling the whole world how he lost rm5k and that is all he has got to loss or another dude named attaaaaaack that got stuck at rm 10 with the rest of the bilis.
That why all the senior investors are sidelining him.
Ok got to go, catch up with you guys on Monday and till end of the month. Let's see my rm 8.00 buy is a more worthy call or my rm 4.50 coming is nearer to reality.

kl_guy

1,394 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 2022-08-13 11:51 | Report Abuse

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/tenaga-plans-rm4-bil-ipo-power-business-sources-say
Monday got chance to see gap up ...20sen no problem

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 12:19 | Report Abuse

@Understand, thank you for your reply.

Let me be very clear here to you and please take this as some important advice. You have been treading a very fine line in this Tenaga thread. The least of your concerns would be a defamation claim, as you have gone well beyond that point with other statements.

I won't take the time to elaborate for now but if the continuation of blatant lies stated as fact about Tenaga continue, then unfortunately I can foresee some very serious issues arising.

Please read the link I have added to this post, then after reading it please consider that it is not only people who "pump and dump" who end up with litigation against them, but also those who "down ramp" a stock, particularly when their negative claims are documented proven lies designed to mislead others.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any poster having an opinion in a company, however when the post is designed to have either a positive or negative effect on the share price and has statements that are claimed as facts and are proven by the company or a legal firm as lies then the situation drastically changes. I suggest that you may have crossed that line on numerous occasions.

I suggest you read this link. This is only one case, others have lead to custodial time.
https://www.afr.com/companies/mining/dummy-bids-part-of-fun-hotcopper-trader-guilty-of-manipulation-20220607-p5arr9

I offer this as advice only, however I am well aware that sites are now being monitored by people and companies with the smell of litigation in their nostrils.

Would you like to take on large capped companies the size of Tenaga and others? I know I wouldn't.

We all have choices, choose wisely.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-13 13:15 | Report Abuse

"KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 13): Buying momentum on Bursa Malaysia is expected to continue next week, with the benchmark index FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) to move above the 1,500-psychological level throughout the week amidst positive market sentiment."
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/bursas-comeback-momentum-continue-next-week

Let's hope the positive momentum continues next week and the likes of Tenaga get some benefit from it. I'm expecting the banks to put in a reasonably solid performance too (fingers crossed for RHB and Maybank :) , with both having psychological barriers at Rm6 and Rm9 respectively )

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-13 16:58 | Report Abuse

Tin Koh Song the boastful Pon Dan only made Rm2800.00 but claimed to have made RM280,000.00. One minute he claimed Tenaga would go up, the next minute he said it would drop to RM4.50 but can't provide the reason why Tenaga would drop to RM4.50.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-13 17:05 | Report Abuse

Tin Koh Song alias Pon dan Tin must be very lonely, no friends let alone a girl friend. That's why he keeps repeating the same things on this forum. Tenaga will never drop to RM4.50. It would go up further next week and Tin Koh Song will just hide his face in the sand , like an ostrich hiding its head in the ground as if nothing has happened.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-13 17:08 | Report Abuse

Tin Koh Song alias Pon Dan Tin is very, very petty. Keeps repeating his antics. Doubt he can be successful. I have written him off completely. He is just a nut, gone case!

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-13 17:17 | Report Abuse

Kua Kua Tin Koh Song still can't Understand how ICPT works and can't Understand S&P's recent article in simple English. He keeps repeating that Tenaga would incur losses for the April to June quarter and would not be able to declare any dividend. He just refused to believe that the government would compensate Tenaga if tariff increases are frozen. Can't believe that such a nut exists in this world.

Posted by berbolabiru > 2022-08-13 17:34 | Report Abuse

can explain what is ICPT plz

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2022-08-13 18:06 | Report Abuse

Rush to 9

cwc1981

975 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 2022-08-13 18:40 | Report Abuse

ICPT additional 3.7 cents surcharge per kW need to pay by non domestic user on top of existing rate

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-13 20:05 | Report Abuse

"can explain what is ICPT plz"
Imbalance cost pass through. Put simply, if Tenaga incurs higher generation costs due to higher fuel costs, it can increase electricity surcharge. If tariff increase in not allowed, then the government needs to pay compensation to Tenaga.

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-13 21:25 | Report Abuse

Ttv thanks for the reply. Many ridiculous comment to filter. The current Ta will be offset by spinoff IPO. Next year but genco ipo , we have to understand how much mother shareholders will be awarded the baby share ? By percentage ? This is deem positive for shareholders valuation. If you go back to the 2019 news it stats clearly the strategy but was in hold due to covid . IPO needs to be done during positive market conditions

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-13 21:46 | Report Abuse

Let's wait for more clarity on this spin off IPO . Tnb still owns 100:-%? Mother shareholders to be given shares in genco? Percentage?... Many unanswered questions still. But positive to increase share holder total value

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-14 08:46 | Report Abuse

KimSua, re the proposed IPO, I'd suggest that current shareholders will be allocated shares on a pro rata basis. Any percentage allocation will be based on the structure and anticipated market cap of the new entity. They won't be reinventing the wheel here as similar breakups of the total business have already been done in various power supply companies overseas. Sometimes it's done as this current proposal has been currently suggested, or sometimes it's more of a sell off to pull in cash for the main company to pay off debts.

No doubt there will be plenty of news, information....and misinformation :) before it actually comes to fruition.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-14 10:52 | Report Abuse

KimSua, I've been giving this possible IPO a bit more thought over a few cups off coffee on this lazy Sunday morning (ahhh, joy). :)

I'm not suggesting this is right, however if they do go down the path of creating an IPO for a particular component of the overall business, then it makes sense (to me anyway) that they take this opportunity to totally restructure the entire business.

As an example, they may decide it makes more business sense to eliminate their Retail Division and actually sell their power supply to third parties. Then, those third parties in essence become "billing companies" to residential, industrial and commercial customers. This has become common practice in overseas countries for quite some time.

The one minor drawback for this in Malaysia is it doesn't have the benefit of being able to "bundle products", meaning supply electricity and gas, to be used as a marketing tool for pricing packages. However it would still work even if there was only one product, electricity.

If this current IPO thought bubble does turn into reality then I can foresee that this will be part of an eventual Tenaga overhaul as to how their business model looks in the future.

Just my thoughts.

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-14 18:29 | Report Abuse

If you look at the 2019 analyst report. Tnb has lots of plans to increase ebit By venturing into global energy and I think retail Co is doing just fine without needing capital injection via IPO. Genco to focus on generations and maintenance . Not sure what will happen to ipp in the long run.

Wirajati

598 posts

Posted by Wirajati > 2022-08-14 19:25 | Report Abuse

Alas, tq ttv n kimsua for interesting tenaga discussion. Got bored with 4.50yada yada....thanks mate (y)

choysun

4,245 posts

Posted by choysun > 2022-08-14 22:20 | Report Abuse

Why TNB chatter suddenly so vibrant? :p

Posted by Attaaaaaack > 2022-08-15 10:32 | Report Abuse

RM10 OTW

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-15 10:54 | Report Abuse

May consider disposing of some Tenaga shares once it catches up with Maybank. Maybank should be a better bet.

kl_guy

1,394 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 2022-08-15 11:43 | Report Abuse

tenaga need to break MA200 at 8.88 then shoot up .

Phoebe

406 posts

Posted by Phoebe > 2022-08-15 11:59 | Report Abuse

Lol....understand disappear? Maybe went to a cave and trying to do self reflection and try to understand what he thought he understand all this while is not true. ^_^

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-15 14:49 | Report Abuse

3 green soldiers pattern . If the wick shadow shows too much today, we might see a retracement tomorrow before any uptick. Only for short term trading. If we see strong closure at the end of trading with no wick shadow, might continue the uptrend. I doubt will pass the resistance of ~8.8 without some consolidation. Let see, 1 more week to the Qrly

kl_guy

1,394 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 2022-08-15 15:03 | Report Abuse

smart money flow index start to show red bar . IF continue more and bigger red bar. Goreng is on .

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-15 15:17 | Report Abuse

@Phoebe, Tenaga has risen by over 80sen or 10.6% from its recent low in less than 4 weeks. If this clown continues with his heresy that Tenaga would drop to RM4.50 soon, he would likely get himself drowned in a pool of saliva.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-15 15:59 | Report Abuse

Whether Tenaga goes up or down, this resident clown would claim credit. When it goes up he would say "I had already bought at RM8.00, buy sell buy sell. That's how it works". When it comes down, he would say "I told you guys, it is going down to RM4.50, my calculation never goes wrong. Now everyone gets ELECTROCUTED".

DickyMe10

83 posts

Posted by DickyMe10 > 2022-08-15 16:42 |

Post removed.Why?

Whoisthis

437 posts

Posted by Whoisthis > 2022-08-15 19:03 | Report Abuse

Hohoho tenaga anymore?

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-15 20:02 | Report Abuse

Post removed. Why?

Whoisthis

437 posts

Posted by Whoisthis > 2022-08-16 09:15 | Report Abuse

Power coming…this time 9.80 set

Eldon

434 posts

Posted by Eldon > 2022-08-16 09:24 | Report Abuse

Today can easily cross RM9.00 I think

Posted by Attaaaaaack > 2022-08-16 09:51 | Report Abuse

TENAGA time to fly high...........

Wirajati

598 posts

Posted by Wirajati > 2022-08-16 10:16 | Report Abuse

Rm8 tickets is now long gone. Still not selling yet. I can wait.

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-16 10:16 | Report Abuse

Less resistance than expected. Market expecting good news. If buying interest continue should see a very quick uptick until 9 and another resistance at 9.25. (will need a good Qtrly to generate buying support to clear this)

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-08-16 10:25 | Report Abuse

Tenaga detractors should bury their heads in the sand now, like ostriches.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-08-16 10:32 | Report Abuse

Nice, steady volume going through after the first hour and a half of trading today. At 10.30am the volume is 1,015,700..
Yesterday's lunchtime break volume was 1,293,300.

KimSua

418 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-08-16 10:38 | Report Abuse

Still wondering why the net short position is still at 0.20% and they are not covering the short position. I think still more opportunity for huge uptick once the shorties decides to close their position else risk of being short squeeze.

Posted by Attaaaaaack > 2022-08-16 10:41 | Report Abuse

Tenaga will be back to its position at RM12 soon.....................

Post a Comment