MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORP BHD

KLSE (MYR): MPCORP (6548)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

Day's Change

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,841 comment(s). Last comment by Newtoshareworld 2024-04-01 16:01

brendonyeap

1,648 posts

Posted by brendonyeap > 2014-04-12 23:51 | Report Abuse

I think this so called casanova calvintaneng is an all time cheater....beware all of u dont fall into his trap! He claimd to be a Singaporean, to which i doubt highly.

Posted by valueinvestor18 > 2014-04-13 00:00 | Report Abuse

No point argue on this issue...time will tell!
Just quote from star "It is understood that this businessman will help MPCorp settle its RM120mil bill as well as help it get back on track but he (Ch’ng) has to give up his 61% stake to this person"
MPCorp’s main asset is 630 acres of land in Mukim Plentong, Iskandar, Johor. It also owns the freehold 22-storey Wisma MPLlocated along Jalan Raja Chulan in downtown KL.

As at 30/6/2013, Wisma MPL valued at RM 320m (valuation date 30/6/2013) and 630 acres valued at RM 241,405m (last revalued 24/7/2008, how much this land worth as at todate?)

Help MPCORP settle RM120 million debts and in return get control interest of 61% with the assets worth at least RM560m.

Use logic to think, as a businessman, worth to invest?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 00:30 | Report Abuse

Thank you Valueinvestor18,

630 acres last valued on 24/7/ 2008, how much this land worth todate?

THAT IS THE BILLION RINGGIT QUESTION?

stkoay

6,413 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2014-04-13 00:35 | Report Abuse

MPCorp’s main asset is 638 acres of land in Mukim Plentong, Iskandar, Johor. It also owns the freehold 22-storey Wisma MPL located along Jalan Raja Chulan in downtown KL.

However, it is understood that the building has been pledged to a bank.

Net Asset = Assets minus (liabilities + debts)
RM560m ????????????????????
This is not as simple as primary school mathematics !!!!

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:42 | Report Abuse

This low life worm never answer the fact that no matter how good a land, on the hand of no integrity management you dont get anything out of it except paying more and more for his right issue.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:42 | Report Abuse

To all dreamers. A piece of good land if hold by dead company will be dead no matter how good. Look at Talam has 10times better land in Klang Valley compare to bubble Iskandar with ghost town. There are over supply over build with over crowded developers in Iskandar. This company is hopeless. The last time gain investors interest it did right issue then run away with money and collapse. The cheer leaders are going to trap you to take his shares where he stuck at 50+ and average down at 35+. When enough donkey jump into the bandwagon suddenly the company will issue share again taking your money then PN17 because cannot pay debt. Land taken by banks YOU get shoot and die. This company did many times guarantee do again. Go in lah to Holland.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:43 | Report Abuse

If you like iskandar buy companies with strong reputation strong land bank and strong profit. Like Tebrau or EcoWorld. Quality assurance. I get con long time ago believe in lies and i now hold Tebrau. Tebrau has 1,000 acre prime land developing, profitable, market value Only rm800; IF BELIEVE THE SHXT people tell you about MPcorp 500 acre slump land cheated from government and development money cheat from bank ran away, you think will do good to you? Dream lah.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:44 | Report Abuse

MPcorp cheer leaders once they get their stocks sold to you, you end up crying. Want to cheat people check fundamental capability and integrity of the company. Easier to cheat and after tipu money dont let investors go Holland PN17. Its idiotic If you ignore KL land value vs iskandar. Like so much to dream buy Talam lah. Only rm0.10. At least they are building. MPcorp is dying get barried on his land for good. A piece of moral opinion.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:45 | Report Abuse

TP if more and more victim go in the cheer leaders sell to you even PN17 rubbish go up rm0.60 or rm1.00. Then the other criminal also come in sell share to you or worst do right issue trap you, then run away again. If they dare to run away bank money WHO ARE YOU?

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:46 | Report Abuse

To be specific what The Star meant was this company has no hope unless debt repaid and total management change. Someone has to take risk fighting Bursa for right issue after many time MP major shareholder fails investors and that someone has to under take some rm120mil debt and many more debt total rm250m or so. Nobody will comes in if director hire stupid people buy up share price or some stupid people selfish buy some cheap share then keep spamming forum asking people to buy. That is not only kill the last chance any white knight to come in it also kill all small investors hope for turnaround.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:46 | Report Abuse

Same criminal work like Talam http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/5459?m=ca
Ran away later. Will repeat again. Who hire you to do insider trading? If you admit buy stock cheap and spam here trap victim, you put full name and IC here show you are not insider trading. If you did not buy share why you so free do free promotion, being hire get paid? You know how many small investor die in Talam? You know how many MP small investor get trap last time? You do again this time sure another Talam. At least Talam in KL still building. This one ran away, and running away again. Con few times stop pulling victim to holland.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 00:48 | Report Abuse

Stkoay,

I like your attitude in being meticulous. To get the answer to the exact figures you need to know 3 things

1) How Many of the 630 acres are Zoned Under Commercial Main Road Frontage Lands?

2) What Is The Current land prices of neighboring lands belonging to UM Land on the left and Scientex & Ecoworld lands on the right.

3) What will be the future land prices of NUSA DAMAI when 6 lanes access highway is ready?

What Was Batu Kawan Land prices before Penang 2nd Bridge Was Built?

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:53 | Report Abuse

Even if value us$100billion on the hand of no integrity it wont share a damn sh!t with you so what. All you monkey can do is get paid to cheer and lure victim then the director trap everyone get your money and run away again. Your EPF money got trillion inside. Politician share with you? Go support the cronies they bother sh!t about your cheer leading worms. Wake up. Fundamental is about integrity and build on the land. Even waste land turn gold with good management, same, good land turn PN17 if run by no integrity people.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 00:56 | Report Abuse

Afloat

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Bill Ch’ng Chong Poh, a former chief executive officer of Malaysia Pacific Corp Bhd (MPCorp), was charged last Friday with 58 counts of insider trading relating to the property firm’s shares between May 14, 2008 and Aug 20, 2008 by the Securities Commission (SC).
The offences, under Section 188(2) of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, carry a punishment of mandatory imprisonment not exceeding 10 years and a fine of not less than RM1 million.
Ch’ng claimed trial to the charges preferred and bail was set at RM300,000 with one surety, and Ch’ng surrendered his international passport to the court.
“Ch’ng had allegedly acquired MPCorp shares ahead of entering into a multi-million ringgit joint-venture project between Oriental Pearl City Properties Sdn Bhd, and Amanahraya Development Sdn Bhd (ADSB), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amanah Raya Bhd, to undertake and manage several projects in Iskandar Development Region in Johor,” said the SC in a statement last Friday.
“The SC views insider trading seriously and will continue to actively enforce such breaches to maintain investor confidence in the capital market,” it added.
Ch’ng, 75, who is the single largest shareholder of loss-making MPCorp with a 61.48% stake, resigned from his post on Dec 19, 2013, which was resumed by his son Charles Ch’ng Soon Sen, 32, which MPCorp said was “in line with the succession planning of the group”.
Ch’ng remains as chairman of the group’s executive committee to focus on a re-implementation plan as well as restructuring Asia-Pacific Trade & Expo City’s (Aptec) corporate plan and mission of the group. Aptec is an integrated city development in Johor, planned in 2008, in MPCorp’s roadmap to be a conglomerate in the future. But the project has yet to take off.
This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on January 13, 2014.
12/04/2014 21:20

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 01:02 | Report Abuse

So what if it worth $100billion? If want to cheat you cheat it does. Took many times from bsnk, right issue, and will do it again. Just hire low life monkey trap investors without answering the fact the management has zero integrity and hundreds of millions of debt closer to pn17. Stop lure victim to this trap and stop spamming. Buy Tebrau 1000acre on prime land building and making profit. If low life valuation Tebrau worth $20 dollar. Bullsh!t.

gohcheehoh

578 posts

Posted by gohcheehoh > 2014-04-13 01:07 | Report Abuse

WoW. Full of anger... Relax n have a Gd wkend. Time will tell.

FlappyBird

196 posts

Posted by FlappyBird > 2014-04-13 01:11 | Report Abuse

i personally won't buy calvin recommend shares even which is good coz he's too aggressive till abit irritating. macam promoter keep promoting since pmcorp blah blah blah. don't know wads he motive.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 01:14 | Report Abuse

If your kind whistle blow being flush by such idiot just because someone paid him to cheat people. You old pain has to do some justice. The idiot keep telling victim how hundred billion it worth, the company share with you? It cheated victim again and again, now again? Talam was a good example. 10 times better value KL land cheated all investors and dead. Talam at least is building something, this one just ran away money. Justice must be made.

Talamdead

53 posts

Posted by Talamdead > 2014-04-13 01:17 | Report Abuse

This idiot for his cheap stock keep spamming everywhere lure victim. Daring show your name and IC, stop this irritating marketing.

xxxx

1,399 posts

Posted by xxxx > 2014-04-13 07:13 | Report Abuse

If I own 10 mln shares in a company, I will sure promote the co to make sure the share price go up like a rocket. This is called "vested-interest". So, beware of people with vested-interest. Believe everything you read and believe nothing. You have a brain. Use it!

kheng

1,167 posts

Posted by kheng > 2014-04-13 08:33 | Report Abuse

It's a normal human behavior. Take care of self interest first by all means. Otherwise, u will curse your own self. Just read all the posts u r interested in but make investment decisions with diligent analysis.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 09:14 |

Post removed.Why?

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2014-04-13 10:06 | Report Abuse

Calvin had identified an undervalue counter MPCORP. But this counter is under distress with a litigation, with bank suing for Rm 120m. The assets is worth rm 620m. Yes but, put it this way assuming an investor comes along settle with the bank do a side deal to control the company what does existing minority shareholder get ?

Uncertainty!! this does not mean a payout to minority shareholder.

The worst scenario is the white knight may not due anything, until the property is auctioned out at distress prices and the white knight pick up from there.

If you like to speculate like that better buy lionforest which give you a better value but still there is uncertainty but at least it is not so distress and uncertain.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 10:38 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 10:46 | Report Abuse

Gohku,

As to your Lion Forest I recommended it in year 2008/2009 early at 29 cts. The assets of Lion Group's bankrupt compaies like AMSTEEL & Others Were All Transferred to Lion Forest or LionFib.

Lion Forest at 29 cts was a screaming buy then. Nobody believed me then. Not even my remisier.
So at RM1.03 Lion Forest is already up 74 cts. Up 255% Already. So don't chase.

For me Lion Forest Is A Leftover Cold Over Night Potato Which You Should Buy in Year 2009 at 29 Cts. Not Now At RM1.03.

FOR THE BEST PERFORMING SHARE I THINK YOU SHOULD SWITCH LIONFIB TO MP CORP

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2014-04-13 10:52 | Report Abuse

Ecoworld own by tansri lin, has very good reputation.
In the case of MP, the people has very poor reputation.
If the land is an outright sales the strategy for the owner will get some kickback for the existing mpland at lower negotiated price at the expense of minority owner.
on top of that the fund comes in after paying off the bank loan, still nothing will go to the mi shareholder.

this people will cook up a new shceme to take the monies out later.

so you see the mi shareholder situation, it is at a losing end whichever the outcome.

So selling when MP when the share price , if it goes up, bcos of this speculation it is a better option, instead of buying.

bcos in the long run, u get screwed so better to avoid.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 10:56 | Report Abuse

Gohku,

Ha! Thinking of LionFiB really made me emotional. I told me Remisier Friend. An Accountant with CFA by training. He saw nothing Good In Lion Forest Because of Litigation and even delisting of AMSTEEL.

Lion Forest was 29 Cts in year 2009. By 2010 only one short year later Lion Forest SHOT UP LIKE A PROJECTILE TO RM2.55

YES! FROM 29 CTS TO RM2.55 IN ONE YEAR. I GOT SO UPSET WITH MY REMISIER FRIEND THAT I LEFT HIM AFTER THAT.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-04-13 10:58 | Report Abuse

Mpcorp got article. Sell to another shareholders? Insas?

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-04-13 11:11 | Report Abuse

why most investment fail? because they look into the "now factors" than the "future factors" ... and being angry to others on own mistakes is a very childish thing!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-13 11:16 | Report Abuse

Behind every cloud there is a Silver Lining. Behind the unfortunate bad news of MP Corp Is The Hope of Another 10 Baggers Someday?

ktan

170 posts

Posted by ktan > 2014-04-13 14:33 | Report Abuse

At the end of the day,be it trader or fundametalist,you are only as good as the stock you promote.
Who cares who you are?You can talk till the cows come home,and no one gives a damn if your stock don't perform.

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2014-04-13 14:42 | Report Abuse

ktan, i fully agree with you

hsong

192 posts

Posted by hsong > 2014-04-13 17:29 | Report Abuse

My guess is Johore based deleloper/construction company would appreciate the land location and its potential.

Could this be Kimlun? Of late active and is venturing in property development.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 09:41 | Report Abuse

Richard Brandson says, "Business Opportunities is like taking the bus. If you miss one you can always find another one coming",

Did you miss buying Focal Aims at 11 cts in Year 2009? Now Focal Aims taken private at RM1.40 by Ecoworld & then Ecoworld's price shot up to RM5.26 last friday.

For MP Corp - Expect it to play catch up with Ecoworld.

Expect MP Corp to break the last high of 56 cts and move upward as the progress of the 6 lanes highway are in progress to completion.

BUY NOW, SIT TIGHT & SEE YOUR INVESTMENT GROWS

Heng611

173 posts

Posted by Heng611 > 2014-04-14 11:31 | Report Abuse

3rd bridge is the key to unlock value

kllady_fidah

1,700 posts

Posted by kllady_fidah > 2014-04-14 15:17 | Report Abuse

TP RM1.50?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 16:15 | Report Abuse

Stkoay

Good question. Suppose you bought Perak Corp at 60 cts and then Perak Corp went up in price to 78 cts. Buy more Perak Corp or sell? If day trader & T+4 players they will sell & switch.

But since Perak Corp has an NTA of RM5.00 (now). Value hunters will hold and try to buy some more if there is spare cash.

So the decision is up to each individual

kllady_fidah

1,700 posts

Posted by kllady_fidah > 2014-04-14 17:28 | Report Abuse

what is the NTA of MPCorp (now and post land revaluation)

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 17:54 |

Post removed.Why?

nsk82

196 posts

Posted by nsk82 > 2014-04-14 18:04 | Report Abuse

Revenue for past 5 year is pretty stagnant, around 15 m

Debt has rising, 2013 total debt is 228m where 227m is short term debt.

The cash in hand is 400k.

MPCorp will need to keep getting loan in order to stay afloat.

I am not very optimistic on this company given its poor cash flow & rising debt.

Good luck to investors of MPCorp

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 18:30 | Report Abuse

nsk82

Of course you don't see like what we SEE since you are also part of MR MARKET. The 90% of Those Who Want everything clear as crystal and certain before investing.

You SEE I bought Perak Corp at 60 cts under these circumstances. Now that Perak Corp has very visible earnings MR. MARKET is CALLING FOR A BUY ON PERAK CORP.

To Me Perak Corp IS TOO EXPENSIVE.

Same for CMSB Which I Bought For RM2.20 when all is bleak until Dr. M chided PM Badawi for not implementing projects then. After that PM Badawi started ETP & All The Cement Counters SKYROCKETED. I MADE TONS OF MONEY FROM ALL CEMENT COUNTERS!!

When CMSB touched RM10.00 MR> MARKET FINALLY CALLED FOR A STRONG BUY

I WARNED MY FRIEND NOT TO BUY CMSB AT RM10.00 BECAUSE HE SAID THE NEWSPAPERS CALLED FOR A BUY NOW. THE MAJORITY MUST BE RIGHT. SO FOLLOW THE CROWD!!

I EXPECT YOU TO BE LIKE THE 90% WHO CHASE AFTER MR. MARKET

SO SAD. THIS IS LIFE - ONLY 10% OF GENUINE INVESTORS EVENTUALLY MAKE MONEY.

BECAUSE WE DON'T FOLLOW THE HERD

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2014-04-14 18:34 | Report Abuse

Haha Calvin. Glad you and me are not the 90% of the market.

nsk82

196 posts

Posted by nsk82 > 2014-04-14 18:37 | Report Abuse

good luck to you, calvin tan :)

the price for MPCorp has been lingering around 0.30 - 0.50 (EXCEPT ONE TIME peak to 0.60 for the past 3 years. i think it is perform worse than KLSE

i like valuegrowth investing

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 18:41 | Report Abuse

nsk82

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT!!

MP CORP IS THE MOST UNDER PERFORMING PROPERTY SOCK IN ISKANDAR & KLSE.

THAT IS THE REASON TO BUY IT NOW.

ECOWORLD HAS GONE UP 4,000% & MR> MARKET IS CHASING

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-04-14 18:42 |

Post removed.Why?

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2014-04-14 18:47 | Report Abuse

Nsk92. Think out of the box. Do you think bill chng will let mpcorp go into default? Will he forego such a valuable piece of land? Btw, they still control 70% of the warrants and it is expiring soon within a year. What would you do if you are bill chng? Will you let your warrants expire and turn into worthless paper ? Something for you to ponder about. Hehe cheers

nsk82

196 posts

Posted by nsk82 > 2014-04-14 18:55 | Report Abuse

if you are looking around to park you hard earn money, would you partner with Bill Chng?
I would not; I see that the man has low integrity (IMHO)

Let's touch base by end of this year to see where MPcorp is :)

The meagre revenue (RM 15m) generated annually is not able to sustain its debt repayment (RM 8m based on 4% interest rate on 230m debt). I hope MPCorp will not default on its debt repayment.

Best of luck

kakijudi

1,086 posts

Posted by kakijudi > 2014-04-14 19:00 | Report Abuse

Okay. Fair enough argument . I respect your personal view nsk82. Market has to has its bulls and bears right. Or else market will move in a straight line. Cheers and all the best to you too :)

Posted by valueinvestor18 > 2014-04-14 20:58 | Report Abuse

kakijudi, how long u already wait? right now new shareholder still not clear, once materialized mr market will react positive on this. let the time to come..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz