MALAYSIA PACIFIC CORP BHD

KLSE (MYR): MPCORP (6548)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,841 comment(s). Last comment by Newtoshareworld 2024-04-01 16:01

speakup

26,835 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-07-26 22:50 | Report Abuse

Calvin is right. They ask u to buy so u push it up for them to sell!

Posted by Dahson_Chu > 2014-07-26 22:54 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-26 22:56 | Report Abuse

Dahson_Chu,

This is your first post in i3. And you start accusing me for lying. Tell me when did I lie? Show me the facts then? What is your motive and intention?

Posted by Lihengogo > 2014-07-26 23:07 |

Post removed.Why?

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-26 23:19 | Report Abuse

Leno, thanks for your condolences, anyway your LCTH going no where ya? Insas is going to get hit badly soon in coming next crisis, wish you all the best ya.

Calvin, agree VT 100x mother fuker than Bill, so what, he is billionaire today and can talk cock on how he success. In fact we knows deep in our mind, he is just another fuker with linkage to those in the regime. And even more funny recently another mother fuxker come out say he got no linkage with ppl inside to get those project, and put himself in trouble to withdraw from a seriously profitable biz. Haha, all these ppl think shareholders are suckers and have no way but to help them in making money at the same time they get the biggest sharing in the pie.

For me, I rather put my money with Lion King, though he is a witty guy, but he seems more honest than many others, at least he takes good care of his own employees.

By the way, even how low undervalues is BJCorp,how high I know BJFood can shoot up limit up in future, I still avoid any of his related major shareholdings companies, just like the fuxxxker Albuxxry DRB(which deeply undervalued), and also the Anaxxx Krishxxx related too! I have bought BJTOTO myself many years ago for Dividend sake, but avoid after 2008 then. I rather go for Magnum now. BJTOTO has never recover back RM5 since......you see the big picture? Small fish like us cant ever get the biggest benefit out of them, and there's nothing much you can do about them in here-Malaysia!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-26 23:47 | Report Abuse

A Big Thank You To I3 FORUM TEAM!!

ANOTHER GREAT AND EARLY RESPONSE TO REMOVE MISCHIEF!

I WANT TO SAY SORRY FOR OVER DOING WITH MY WEBSITE POSTING.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU.

i3 FORUM TEAM DOING GREAT! THE VERY BEST FORUM IN MALAYSIA!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-26 23:54 | Report Abuse

Steven, Steven Oh Steven!

Please do calm down. You see a whole lot of Gentlemen & Refined Ladies Out There Are Watching Our Conversations. So Please don't put them off please will you?

You are just like My First Sifu in KL - Alfred Ong who will never, never touch VT shares. We invest in shares. We are neutral to people, political preferences or skin colour.

Of course we try to invest in Honest Management if we can find Undervalue Shares Among Them.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 00:03 | Report Abuse

Ok, Calvin, I will calm down, just my own personal view. But sometimes I do take speculative position in these Big Shark mouth. To earn on the waves. BjFood I did once, when it was listed. Few weeks later also doubled. Then sell away all to earn little pocket money. But for KLCI in 1800+ I think better to stay away from all these sharks counters.

I do have high respect on you Calvin for introducing us with so many great undervalued stocks and with so details analysis and writing. My salute to you. But for me, my personal view is to avoid all properties counters for now as I think too high risk building in this sector. I rather have my money into Tech stocks, Constructions, and also industrial stocks for export oriented stocks.

limayseng

2,076 posts

Posted by limayseng > 2014-07-27 00:04 | Report Abuse

Dows dropped more than 123 points ? Do u still think the share may rise forever?

kkanagasg

548 posts

Posted by kkanagasg > 2014-07-27 00:05 | Report Abuse

Buy

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-27 00:19 | Report Abuse

Steven Yong,

Thank you on behalf of those who don't post here but kept in touch by SMS, Whatsapp & phone calls.

Yes, buy what you feel comfortable and can sleep well at night.

Limayseng,

Shares may not rise forever. In fact we may be toppish at over 1,800 points already. Remember, the Rules of The Game Has Been Changed By Money Printing.

Yellen is more hawkish than Greenspan & Ben Bernanke. She is also a Jew. So she might continue Non Stop Money Printing.

Also PM Najib will be in Bank Negara. Sure they want KLSE To Boom. PM Najib Used To Tell People To Buy Unit Trusts. Not In PM Mahathir or PM Abdullah Badawi time. Those days were more controlled by Syndicates are Short Sellers. Not so much now.

REMEMBER,

"THE POWERS THAT BE CONTROL MONEY PRINTING PRESSES NOW"

"IN THE CORRIDORS OF POWER MARKETS ARE DISTORTED."

BUY AT THE VERY FUNDAMENTAL - REAL VALUE REMAINS. SO WE CONTINUE OUR RELENTLESS HUNT FOR VALUE"

THIS MAKES LIFE EXCITING & WORTH THE LIVING!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-27 00:21 | Report Abuse

Should read as ,"PM Najib's Brother in Bank Negara"

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 00:21 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven Yong , is OK to have a different view as everyone way of looking at thing is different but one point that you might get me wrong is that I'm trying to help up BC with the right. In actual facts , if you read my write up correctly , I'm helping myself as an investors..I and a group of friend hold 5,000,000 shares of MPCORP since 2010. [ in facts , I just got back from dinner with them to discuss about our strategy on MPCORP ].

For years , we saw the inaction by management and for long time , we hope for a change in management. How can the management be changed ?

If the corporate proposal didn't proceed , nothing will happen , BC will still be the major shareholder with 56.4%

If he disposed away the asset but no his personnel holding , BC will still be the major shareholder

If the corporate proposal happen as per plan and new management emerge ( BC lost his control with holding down to 28% ) with TPY and 2 others new member join the board .

Among the 3 options , which will benefits the minor shareholder the most ? Which will be the worst for BC ?

TanSriDato

251 posts

Posted by TanSriDato > 2014-07-27 00:30 | Report Abuse

Really, why risk your money in this stock considering that the reward may not be big enough to mitigate the down side. Bet off for me in this

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 00:45 | Report Abuse

My worry is-This old egoistic man will not loss his control in MPCORP. Also same time property market going crash near term. My expectation is KLCI going to have correction as soon as Sept this year from what I have read so far from so many analysts views and reports.

Buying MPCorp now might not be a good idea. Although longterm if can change the management is the best solution to gain from this counter.

Yes, MPCorp can go even higher after their corporate actions finish, my worry is can this be sustainable? Without any major reform in their management? Can CEO and whole team of management be changed after this?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-27 00:54 | Report Abuse

There is a saying,

"Stock prices Climb up a wall of worries."

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:00 | Report Abuse

Hi Calvin , I totally agree with you , we are investing in shares and we are neutral people.

The objective is clear , we want to make money. Just because all this guys reputation is bad , the stock get undervalue during distress time and we can ride along with them to earn $$. We are not helping them , we are helping ourselves..

VT reputation is very bad , way back to 80s and 90s. No one will disagree with it..

Steven , since you bring up VT , let me have a case study for you ..just for sharing..

In the 90s , through all the assets transfer between companies , disposal of business and intercompany loan ( long story- I believe you are most likely between 25 to 30 , you might not have the view back then ) , BJGroup( flagship for VT ) build up debt of RM5B ( mainly BJCORP owe BJLand , BJLand owe BJToto ). During economy crisis in 1998 and fe years later , BJCORP became a distress company and need to go through restructuring to repay all the internal debt. From my memory , BJCorp owe BJLand ~ RM1.7B and BJLand owe BJtoto ~ RM1.3B. This was where the cash cow $$ from BJToto went to ( as of today , BJToto still supporting BJLand and BJGroup ( therefore , you are correct , BJToto upside will be limited - look at company like BJtoto with debt , why need debt , to assist BJLand to repay debt by raising R800M)

BJToto in year 2000 issue ICULS to BJLand to assist BJLand repay the internal debt. I bought BJToto and earn more than double in less than 1 year by subscribing to the ICULS , almost given free of charge [ they gave you the dividend in species to buy the ICULS ]

When BJGroup in distress mode in year 2005 , the stock price is at ~ RM0.10 as compare to the historical high of RM2.00. BJLand at RM0.60 as compare to historical high of ~ RM7.00.

The market value for BJGroup only at RM200MM [ can you imagine that a company with BJToto , ample of land and property in Malaysia with only RM200MM in market capital ]. This is way undervalue from our perspective and we decided to buy BJLand at price of RM0.60 and we received 4+ shares of BJCORP-LC free of charge as company internal debt settlement.

On 3rd Jan 2006 , I was in US headquarter and initial a conference call with other 2 guys..we expect the stock to up after restructuring but it stay quite. We are a bit disappointed and we decided to buy more of BJCORP-LC, each take up 100,000 shares. On the same day , VT bought 60,000,000 of BJCORP-LC at RM0.05.

1+ year later , the stock price soar..BJLand to highest of RM6.60 and BJCorp-LC to RM1. We sold all our holding and 3 of us , which hold the most make half of our wealth from this one stock holding.

The $$ lay the foundation for us to invest into the future..

2 of us still working , but we switch to the job we are interested in
1 retire and become full time investor.

Another guy pay off his mortgage ( he hold far less stock from us )

One investment change our life..no more worry about $$ , moving into new property , have enough funds for children for oversea education and enough $$ to grow into retirement fund.

Did we help VT ? No , we are helping ourselves , we are taking opportunity from the way undervalue stocks due to distress situation .

Who help VT to do better ? those who sold their shares on 3rd Jan 2006 at RM0.05 , worst even if they bought BJLand at RM7 and now only getting back part of their debt through restructuring and dispose it back to VT and make him move into the list of top 10 richest guy in Malaysia in 2008.

Our view is straight forward , we want to make enough $$ to improve our life style..we are neutral party , we have no reason to like or dislike VT. Our objective is to make $$. So , we invest our $$ in BJLand , get BJCORP_LC , sold it in 2008 and our life improve significantly , no debt , nice property and with 7 digits saving in FD for future investment.

Whatever VT did is nothing to do with us. He has his choice , we have ours. No relationship within us except we are one of the minor investors in his company riding along the restructuring to make $$.

If you are in our position in 2005 , if you see this opportunity that can make a change to your life from financially perspective , will you participate or just because of VT , you won't do it ?

Today , we invest in MPCORP with the same objectives..We want to make $$. We believe MPCORP right issue provide an opportunity for the company to move forward from our point of view and we wanted to benefits from it. We are helping ourselves to make more $$ to improve our life style if the company move forward....

we have nothing to do with BC today or VT in the past , we are not helping them , we are helping ourselves to make $$.

Our strategy now is to monitor the situation and decide the plan accordingly . Our plan now is an option to inject partial cash to fund our right and partial through disposal of our stocks. We are taking an cautiously optimistic stand now.

Bomchacha

30 posts

Posted by Bomchacha > 2014-07-27 01:10 | Report Abuse

Ecoworld still interested w MPC?

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:22 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven , yes , your concern is valid. This is what we concern about as well. Therefore , we always have our strategy plan to react to different situation based on the latest progress of activities. As market is dynamic , we need to adjust our strategy according to latest announcement.

My view about the overall market :

I didn't pay attention much to the CI as I didn't really look at it as a good indicator as it only with limited counters and the reconstitution of the component did distort the trend. It should be use as reference only rather an indicator for buy or sell. I have Tenaga in my core portfolio which is one of the component stocks in CI. for the past 1 year , it rise ~ 100% due to Electric Tariff Pass through..how much CI point upside contributed by Tenaga when the price double?

In term of international factors

1) US will stop buying bond purchase by end of this year and slowdown printing of money. Liquidity will reduce in US and world market ( bad ) . ECB ( European Central Bank ) is planning to print money now , something like the QE in US..liquidity will be flooding market again..therefore , this will be a cancellation effects ..

2) US expected to increase interest rate by 2nd to 3rd quarter next year. This most likely will strengthen US $ and reverse carry trade will happen..$$ will flow back to US ..especially from Asia , which enjoy good liquidity in the past few years , pushing up stock and property market.

Therefore , my view is that stock market will go through correction by end of next year.

How I manage my strategy - I used a core satellite approach. Core represent value investing with high dividend and low beta stocks , which represent the biggest part of my investment. I'm working on tilting the core towards relative lower beta and higher dividend stocks like REIT so that if the market taking a beat , the reinvestment of dividend will able me to pick up more stocks at relatively low price. I will avoid BIG CAP as once CI go through major correction , BIG CAP wll get beat up the most. On my satellite , which is only with MPCORP to invest in risky stock , we will based on the situation to determine how we can move forward as we still have about 1 year to observe the situation. If we need to drag on further , is OK for us.

At the same time , we keep some cash as well in bank..mortgage our properties to the bank for one lump sum of cash to invest in stock market when major correction happen.

No one can predict when market correction will happen , we just need to get ourselves position to take advantage when it happen.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 01:24 | Report Abuse

Hi Sam, I understand your view, and I have high aspirations to succeed in investing as I hate losing and even more I hate working. I have same aspirations as you to succeed in investing and not to work with others anymore, to get my own freedom.

To me, I have studied VT history, one of my uncle knows him personally. Way back 30 yrs VT is just nobody. But his tropicana is a great success.For Mr, ft is just a lucky bitch. Why those stupid bankers still want to lend him money even with so high gearing? Partly he has the golden goose bjtoto, partly he is politically linked. If I bankers tht time, will just takeover his company and liquidate those lands, why allows him a chance to do all the stupid restructuring? Yeah?, politics again.
Well if vt is lucky that time, I guess you enjoy his luck also. So you are lucky he succeed.look at Times square, huge success to him, but it took him 10 years to build it. Omg. And time square to me a lousy building lab. Like a pasarmalam.all shop not well organized,here a bit foodstuffs, the next door a fashion stall? I have doubts. Look at Wismacosway also, omg. Every time I go I feel like in the 70s. I feels like puipui pui. Wtf, next to pavilion, prime area in Klein, and this kind of lousy building? Pui.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:25 | Report Abuse

Hi Boomchacha.. I don't think Ecoworld will be interested with MPCORP anymore unless they can get a good bargain price for the land. They already bought enough land to keep them busy for the next few years.

Bomchacha

30 posts

Posted by Bomchacha > 2014-07-27 01:26 | Report Abuse

You think so but I see still undervalued leh. But tqs

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 01:30 | Report Abuse

Your strategy good, but for me avoid reits together.when proprety crash and get coming, u think Reits can survive?

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 01:33 | Report Abuse

I mean gst. All ppl more carefully spending, so those shop revenue down,ask for better rental offer, so reits suffer.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-27 01:36 | Report Abuse

keyword: gst
suggestion: ifcamsc
bonus: novamsc

kiikikikiiii

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-27 01:36 | Report Abuse

SamT,

About the same time you Group bought BJ Land & BJ Corp My Johor Sifu, Maybank Lady Boss and myself also Bought into Bj Corp.

Now I understand the Law of Attraction better. My Johor Sifu and other Johor People are also in MP Corp now. No coincident? But brought together by the Law of Attraction.

See WWW.MINDREALITY.COM

It's worth subscribing for a small fee.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 01:36 | Report Abuse

For me, as I have much more choices to invest, will avoid mpcorp time being. For example, jobst. If revalue achieve, you are investing totally free now. Get every share for free as long as they pay back special div more than rm2.40, crazy deals and no one notice.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:40 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven Yong , yes , I can't respect his character..his try to take advantage from every corner..either through stock or your personnel life as so many of his business related to you everyday like 7 Eleven , Cosway , ..etc..Even Cardiff football club fan also complaint...

For his stock , we can take short term position to make some gain and never plan to hold long term. He will eat you like Tasmanian Devils.

Shared one good example with you about Time Square. Due to late in delivery , developer need to pay the TS property buyers..You know what they get ??? BJASSET shares at RM1.40 per share and 1st day of transaction , down to RM0.40. I picked up some later at RM0.20 and RM0.40 in 2009/2010 and make ~ RM100,000. In facts , I always follow his tail and look for opportunity..

A lot of people looking for financial freedom and go for the job you are interest in ..we are the lucky group..now , my job is more part time than a partime job..

I believe you are still young and plenty of opportunity to make this happen. Look for any undervalue stocks ( most under value stocks with lousy management - therefore, they are undervalue )..if see an opportunity of change to boost the value , do take position , earning more than 10X once and invest in value stock for dividend will grow your portfolio fast towards financial freedom.

I'm in my 40s , I'm now working towards building some wealth for my next generation , hopefully they can do what they interest in without much concern about financial ( but not shaking leg and doing nothing )

Good luck to you.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:44 | Report Abuse

Hi Bomchacha , to take over MPCORP or Johor land , Ecoworld will need to discuss with BC. With his character , he will ask for high price and Ecoworld might not want to pay for it. Beside , BC will not release his control in this company. Our thought is that if this happen , it should already happen when Ecoworld bought over Focal Aim..just Focal Aim management willing to give way the control and not MPCORP

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:46 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven , invest in any stock that you feel comfortable with. Thanks for highlighting Job Street. My previous understanding is that it will be taken private and didn't pay attention to it. Will look at it see either got any Kang Tau..

Bomchacha

30 posts

Posted by Bomchacha > 2014-07-27 01:46 | Report Abuse

Teriamakasih banyak banyak Sam. Btw what other stock u in?

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:51 | Report Abuse

hi Steven , REIT is different than property as is mature and income driven. I'm avoiding Retails REIT as I assume overvalue as under analysts radar screen. I'm investing in YTLREIT , mainly in hospitality business in Malaysia , Australia and Japan. For the hotel business in Malaysia and Japan , is under fixed rental contract with YTL , 15 + 15 years contract with rental up 5% up every 5 years. This represent fixed income. The hotel in Australia will be floating income.

The only downside will be if interest up..but once economy turn bad , interest rate will down and distribution increases..I assume this is quite a good hedging against economy downturn.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 01:52 | Report Abuse

hi Bomchacha , I mainly holding MPCORP , YTLREIT , MPHBCAP , BSTEAD , TENAGA....

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 01:59 | Report Abuse

Hi Sam, agree with you. Sadly in Malaysia most distressed stock prices due to lousy management. We have to see some tipping points before moves can be taken. To me luckily jobst this year plan selling away to seek. It will be in pn17 soon if it really sell. But what ppl dun understand is it has nothing wrong. I expect ppl to sell even to 0.01 or 0.02 in the worry of pn17. And guess what, its building alone worth 0.02!

More crazy now if deals talk successfully increase selling price, management might pay higher div than 2.40 projected earlier.

Jobst has a team of great management, they grow to become regional dominating company in online job advertisement.tht is why I am willing to put money into them rather than Bill chng now.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 02:04 | Report Abuse

Agree on ytlreit, or ytl also good at rm1.50. Can u imagine, well manage company selling all time low in crazy bull market? I really dun understand. Even better ytlcement is expanding capacity!

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 02:06 | Report Abuse

Bstead only worth looking when someday tan sri lodin becomes khazanah chairman. I have high respect on this guy.

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-07-27 02:10 | Report Abuse

Jobst ceo is one of the founder of mol if I understand correctly. So I am really excited to see what is his next move for jobst

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 17:25 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven Yong , I wrote a summary for YTLREIT last week , sharing my thought about YTLREIT and their prospect. YTLREIT will be my long term holding as I have faith and respect to Francis Yeoh , very corporate governance and well respect by the community.
On BSTEAD, The management is good . I bought this share for long term investment with RM0.30 annual dividend payment.
Another good counter to look at will be Ahmad Zaki , good management. Can accumulate during market correction.
On jobst , I spend half an hour glance through their activities and quarterly report , here is my 1st glance review for your consideration

[ you can search through Bursa announcement for more information ]

Brief information ( referred to the table in page 14 of the disposal proposal )
---------------------

Disposal of online asset - RM1,731,000,000 ( pending completion )
after completion of proposal , will distribute cash dividend to shareholder ( expected at RM1,700,000,000 )
Net cash after proposal = RM16,848,000
Earning from continue operation = RM0.002 per quarter ( annualize to RM0.008 )
Earning from discontinue operation = RM0.0237 per quarter ( annualize RM0.0948 )
# of shares = ~ 708,244,000 ( after disposal )
# of shares = ~ 635,125,000 ( as per 31st Dec 2013 )

scenarios
-------------

# 1: disposal happen as per plan

cash distribution per share = RM1,700,000,000 / 708,244,000 = RM2.40

value of continuous business after distribution ( assume 30X PE for a growth company )
= RM0.008 * 30 = RM0.24

Stock price = RM2.64

upside = 10%

# 2 : disposal didn't happen as expected

Annualize profit per share = RM0.1028

based on entry price of RM2.40

PE = 23.34X or 26X (after factor in minority interest or non-controlling interest )

Thought
------------

1. What is your return target ?
2. What is your expected investment duration for this stock ( 1 year , 5 years , 10 years ? )
3. what is the growth strategy after disposal ? With RM16,848,000 in hand , could the company fully utilize the proceed to invest in good assets and ow long will be the expected period to generate return for the shareholder ?
4. If the disposal didn't proceed as per plan , what will be the stock price ? How far it will drop ?
5. You exit strategy under scenario 1 and scenario # 2 ?

I believe the upside is quite limited for short term and long term performance will depends on how the management can fully utilize the proceed to growth current business , develop new businesses or buying new businesses..most likely will take at least 2 to 3 years to see the results. Therefore , do plan for at least ~ 3 years holding period to be rewarded under best case scenario.

In term of the downside , it will much depends on investors sentiment if the proposal didn't proceed as per plan ..no more big cash into the pocket..most likely some investors who look for the cash dividend will dispose their holding. So , be prepare for this worst case scenario and pro long holding period

How far the business will continue growing or may face difficult time during economy downturn ?

Will competition cause the business to enter mature stage with expected PE of 10X to 20X region ? Will economy slowdown cause reduction in job and other advertisement and strong affecting jobst performance ?

The exit strategy is important. How to deal with both scenario above.

Example , when we 1st invested in MPCORP in 2010 , we prepared under worst case scenario , all burn and no time limit for the investment to provide the most flexibility to deal with the risky investment. If I have a time limit of 3 years or so , I will not invest due to uncertainty or prepared to cut loss if by end of 3 years , the stock remain underperformed.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 17:49 | Report Abuse

Hi Steven , my understanding about MOL is that the founder is Ganesh Bangah , together with VT. GB is a smart guy , from one of the article I read. If I remember correctly , after completed standard 6 , he quit schooling and started his own business ( cyber cafe ) . Then , he tide up with VT to get started MOL and listed in Bursa MESDAQ ( now ACE ) but then taken private by both of them. During an interview with VT about Facebook , he mentioned that GB proposed to him to buy Friendster and then sold the patent to Facebook for 3.5MM shares worth Billion during IPO.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 21:04 | Report Abuse

We covered all the possible scenarios for corporate proposal. Let's now try to look at what might be in BC and TPY mind. They are businessman , their success today as CEO and company owner must have their own advantage. They are not easily con by others and must have their strategy to protect their best interest.

As the corporate proposal expected to complete by Q1'2005 , lets look at what might in their mind for the next 6 months

BC still in the driver seat..he still in control. Lets see what is his possible action to minor shareholder

1. BC entering a deal with TPY might with the intention to put pressure on other interested parties to react fast ..if they are serious for a deal , 6 months will be their timeline..

2. BC still looking for a deal that he still secure major control of the company through

i) disposal of Wsma MPL at RM320,00,000 , repaying ADSB , repaying advance , restructure RHB debt to lower interest rate and still with enough working capital to kick start APTEC and Lakehill project

This action will be positive to the company as the outstanding share remain the same at ~ 288,700,000 and each share value of APTEC and Lakehill land will be higher. Minor shareholder will benefits. TPC can still exit with higher than RM0.55 per share.

ii) New shareholder who willing to inject cash into the company through private placement of RM100,000,000 share at RM1 each , to exchange for 100,000,000 share while BC and remaining shareholder will convert their WB at RM1 each. Total cash injected into the company will be RM265,000,000 , enough to pay off ADSB debt , cash advance and restructuring of RHB debt while keeping enough cash as working capital to kick start APTEC and Lakehill project.

BC holding = (163,000,000 + 70,00,000)/( 288700000+100000000+ 115000000) = 46.26%
new major shareholder = 100,000,000 / ( 288700000+100000000+ 115000000) = 19.85%
TPY = 15,000,000 / ( 288700000+100000000+115000000) = 2.98%

BC will use the cash advantage repayment ( 37,000,000 + 8,250,000 + 22,750,000 own pocket money ) to exercise WB.

Although his holding is below 50% , but only fall short by 3.74% while next major shareholder only at ~ 20% holding , BC has no worry for other to take over the control of the company.

Action above with potential driving the stock above RM1 for WB become attractive for conversion and inject $$ into the company.

The soaring of stock price will benefits minor shareholder and TPY. Most likely TPY will exit with profits.

iii) by 6 months , i ) and ii) didn't happen , complete the corporate proposal and stay with 28% shares

iv) drag on again , corporate proposal didn't happen..back to square one and he still in control..but will face the music ( funeral music ) from ADSB and RHB to take away the land or put MPCORP debt into default.

iv represented worst case scenario , which most likely will be lose - lose - lose situation for all parties , including BC himself.

For TPY , he is in play with his 15,000,000 shares in the company . For i) , ii) and iii) , he will at least gain some profits..iv will be worst case for him..exit with a slight lost ..and max will be RM8,250,000

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 21:14 | Report Abuse

Another type of investors who might be interested with MPCORP now are technical chart investors , which using volume and price trend as their indicator. As price and volume momentum increases , most like will attract them to take short term position in MPCORP.

Therefore , with more investors jumping into MPCORP now , we should expect more volatile performance of MPCORP moving forward.

samT

152 posts

Posted by samT > 2014-07-27 21:18 | Report Abuse

I pretty much cover on all the scenarios and strategy for MPCORP. Moving forward , I will share my thought once filling at Bursa observe.

I will end the session with a letter to BC...

Dear BC , for years ..every day and night..I think about you ..I dream about you...trying to figure out what is in your mind...I wish that in the future..you will not break my heart !!!!!!!!

Posted by fightingfish88 > 2014-07-28 01:10 | Report Abuse

tomorrow gap up.... the EDGE weekly said typ maybe bring funds from Hongkong to invest in mpcorp. ....samt. ..sleep well. ..goodnight

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-28 09:19 | Report Abuse

samT, hahaha; I warranty BC will not break your heart for he is not into romantic hype. He is a self centred calculating machine, more likely to break your faith in human nature. Stay the course though and you can beat him at his game, for age and health are not on his side.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-28 09:22 | Report Abuse

Fightingfish88,

Sleep well? These are the most assuring words for Deep Value investors. Being able to sleep soundly every night because we put our monies in Shares with High Margin of Safety.

In this case - The Highly Valuable Lands of APTEC & LAKE HILL of Nusa Damai.

The HILLS Are ROCK SOLID FOR CENTURIES! I have a VISION TO SEE SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOWS BUILD THERE FACING THE PRISTINE PURE LAKE HILL'S 25 ACRES LAKE!

Sweet Dreams Every Night.

Posted by kokwai9319 > 2014-07-28 12:07 | Report Abuse

Hi Sam, for the ICULS A & B, Can We Convert them at any time?

Posted by Fortuneball > 2014-07-28 22:28 | Report Abuse

BC charged MPC 14-15% on the money he advanced, but he is willing to pay only 2% on ICULS A and 1% on ICULS B. What does that tell you? LOL

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-28 22:59 | Report Abuse

14-15% interest is on the high side. But under the circumstances no banks would lend any. So it was the necessity of the times. During the Asian Financial crisis 2 of my friends went to loan sharks for monthly interest of 6% 8% & 10% monthly or 72% 96% and 120% p.a. So 15% look manageable.

If we invest with too much carefulness we might also miss out. Take TN Logistic for example. Rumours spread in Johor that TN Logis boss create 3rd parties' business to siphon money.

Yet TN Logis did not collapse but SHOT up 600% (From RM1.00 to RM6.00 then split!)

BC has MP Corp best interest at heart or else why put all his monies in MP Corp (61%).

If really a crook like Transmile, Kenmark or Megan Media Bosses just Dump all shares and siphon all the monies, why risk own money by buying 61% MP Corp shares?

Precisely BC has self interest to see MP Corp rise again We Are Here To Ride On Its Turnaround. We did it with BJ Corp (12.5 cents to over RM1.50) in spite of VT reputation.

And We Believe As History Repeats Itself So We Think History Can Repeat Itself in MP Corp.

So Let's See How Future Unfolds Before Us in the Days, Weeks, Months & Years Ahead for MP Corp.

M - Money

P - Power

Corporation!

saltedfish

3,282 posts

Posted by saltedfish > 2014-07-28 23:12 | Report Abuse

M - Money

P - Power

Collapsed!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-07-28 23:21 | Report Abuse

Ha! Ha! Saltedfish,

Your credential show that you are The Chief Accountant. Great Position Indeed!

We shall see

Whether Money Power Corp

Or Money Power Collapsed!

Let Time Proof Our Words.

Good Night Everybody Watching In

Sweet Dreams.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz