IOI PROPERTIES GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): IOIPG (5249)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.05 (2.45%)

Day's Change

1.98 - 2.05

Trading Volume

4 people like this.

3,104 comment(s). Last comment by dragon328 1 week ago

vioscity

375 posts

Posted by vioscity > 2014-03-21 17:02 | Report Abuse

Thought will break thru 2.70 .. but at the end ... red colors .. wahseh

Posted by BabyZebraCrossing > 2014-03-21 18:10 | Report Abuse

EPF buying style we cant predict, sometimes sell small buy big, then sometimes buy small sell big..but director and shareholders usually dont play game like tis.. anyway we must be patient bcoz most property counter go up now so is IOIPG later..

dont worry it is about time now, the bottom is increasing..

kwl8888

613 posts

Posted by kwl8888 > 2014-03-22 12:24 | Report Abuse

i bought at RM3.10 on 1st day of IPO, really regret to buy this counter, seems only Lee family are keep buying only, afraid they might private or de-listing IOIPG

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-03-22 13:49 | Report Abuse

It would be perfect timing if you buy a counter and it goes straight up the next day. Example, if you buy Golsta somewhere late Feb, it went up from RM2.36 to RM4.00 over the next 9 trading days, without a rest. Similarly, it came down from RM4.00 over the next 6 or 7 trading days to RM2.73.

It is the common expectation of speculators/traders. If they read their chart well, it would be great, timing is everything. But most just bought it and expect it to move up in a matter of days. I think they must set their timeline a bit longer, say months, if not years. Yes, I must agree if a stock does not moves it can be for ages, e.g Coastal, Protasco, Yinson but when it starts, it easily doubled? Coastal was doing at single digit PE for a couple of years. I think, it follows a trend, when the market likes oil&gas, whatever you said otherwise, people think you are crazy.

Remember the timber counter during the 1993. So what is the theme today? Oil&Gas, Construction, Plantations. It takes time, is no easy answer to that. It also need catalyst or some even to make it move, like, Protasco, new shareholders, property developments, construction, growth in maintenance of roads. Every STOCKS has its turn, but some takes donkey years. As long as you know roughly the intrinsic value, you should be able to sleep at night. And of course, some stocks that moves up for no reason, some by mere rumours, some new shareholders, some doing private placements, bonus and rights, and splits etc. Remember, price is what you pay, value is what you get. Warren Buffett buy a biz for 10 -20 years. Trades bought it for 1-2 days, speculator maybe 1-2 months, short term investors 1-2 years, long term investors 3-5 years?

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-22 14:40 | Report Abuse

This counter is 4 long term investment. Trust me 5yrs from now it won't matter anymore weather u bought at 2.5x or 3.xx. U play short term u r playing against EPF. No match.

vioscity

375 posts

Posted by vioscity > 2014-03-23 18:59 | Report Abuse

YES .. you're right

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-03-24 10:47 | Report Abuse

If you already bought this counter then just need to revisit one a week or two weeks once. Let it growth and move accordingly. No need to worry too much unless you heard any bad news that is confirm true and will impact the company revenue for next couple of years.

If you have not yet already get in then you can consider monitor what the best price for you to get in or even if this counter really suitable with your investment style and risk. Good luck.

eftee

1,210 posts

Posted by eftee > 2014-03-24 11:49 | Report Abuse

Finally moving or is it false hopes again. CI up 10pts but all the others not moving. For show only. Only those blue chips up can show all green

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2014-03-24 11:53 | Report Abuse

ioicorp looking strong

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-24 12:05 | Report Abuse

Why move so fast? Give chance to the elderly la.

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-03-24 19:39 | Report Abuse

I won't consider this move fast with this pace :-)

I think everyone is watching if it will fall back tomorrow after a slight up. It should be good if tomorrow up slightly again.

eftee

1,210 posts

Posted by eftee > 2014-03-26 09:28 | Report Abuse

Cmon. Waiting so long

Posted by BabyZebraCrossing > 2014-03-26 10:24 | Report Abuse

gogoggo

Posted by noobgoatyme > 2014-03-26 10:43 | Report Abuse

r they going to declare dividend soon?

boscokt

152 posts

Posted by boscokt > 2014-03-26 17:24 | Report Abuse

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1576197
notice some buy back ....is this good?

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-03-26 18:03 | Report Abuse

Most businessman are sharp when they see a biz is undervalued and has potential growth (especially on the biz that they familiar with). Their horizon of investment of course is different from analyst recommendation for only one year. They look beyond one year and definitely know the downside else, they rather put it into FD.

The major shareholders, although very rich, normally they do not invest unless they are confident to see its potential. So, be rest assure, this is an UNDERVALUED and with POTENTIAL GROWTH company. If you think he do it to support the price, chances are you are wrong. If I know EPF selling down more and more, I rather wait for it to go rock bottom before I get in. Look at Gamuda's major shareholder, sold during high, can accumulate double during the crisis.

I am not saying businessman don't make mistake, but, chances are lower than layman investor who know little about the biz. So boscokt, if you have stamina, accumulate. If even earnings goes up double digit and price never move, then you may let it go. Nothing is certain in this world.

boscokt

152 posts

Posted by boscokt > 2014-03-26 18:53 | Report Abuse

thanks for the advice sosfinance....

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-26 20:29 | Report Abuse

Not EPF selling coz no announcement made. IOICrop share holders selling. Can refer to early announcement back in Jan regarding to share distribution and offer to buy IOIPG share @ 1.76

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-03-26 23:17 | Report Abuse

@boscokt - some time the share buy back can use as reference and it depend on the volume they buy back also the price the buy back the stock. Then it up to you whether want to follow and use that as reference or not. like sosfinance say they (refer to business and rich people) they have stronger holding power and they might only sell after years but their gain may be double from where they buy. Normal or layman investor they won't and can't wait that long. A little profit (usually slightly more than FD they will sell the stock). Nothing wrong or right since they will make money but for sure they are not the top 5% that make the most from their investment.

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-03-28 12:34 | Report Abuse

UNDERVALUED - yes, based on RNAV
POTENTIAL GROWTH - yes, with projects to be launched and projects in hand
PROPERTY INDUSTRY - is cyclical, like palm oil, 2014 is a lousy year for Property Stock, just like 2013 is lousy year for plantation (CPO is RM2250/ton average). Hence, when property industry recover in a year or two, property stocks profits will GROW, RNAV will improve + PROPERTY INDUSTRY will be the favourite.

UNDERVALUED + POTENTIAL GROWTH (>10%) + INDUSTRY AT LOW POINT = GAIN in future

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-28 12:47 | Report Abuse

V strong buying. Despite lots of selling pressure still moving upwards. Usually Friday near closing will drop a little. Ha.. Just guessing. Anyway Monday will top up.

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-03-28 16:07 | Report Abuse

Haha.... Then KinSoon, you should buy some today will it drop.... Then Monday can start making some profit :-)

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-28 18:41 | Report Abuse

EPF started buying on 16Jan. Tats mean EPF bought close at RM3 in the beginning then slowly decreases it's avg price in subsequent purchases. IOICrop share holders have been selling for 2months+. Those still holding r unlikely 2 sell cheap. As long as we buy at 2.5x - 2.6x we r damn safe. Wat do u thing, powerwk?

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-03-28 23:46 | Report Abuse

There are no such thing called safe price. Rather price that you think you would invest and can hold it for some time. Then ensure you set your target also when the target price meet you objective then you can plan to sell it if you need some money. If not leave it there until the company start to have issues.

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-03-29 10:44 | Report Abuse

An alternate to IOIPG is the CA, CB, CC. Should IOIPG goes up say from 2.66 to 3.16 (50sen) in one year, i believe the CA, CB and CC will follow, at least 80% of the increase (40sen). At the moment they are only traded at 7sen to 16sen. Of course, it only has ONE year to expire. This is similar buying an OPTION (with a one year period). Similarly, you can do it on Plantation companies which Mr Koon recommended. Of course, your horizon is a lot shorter. But your gain is many times higher, together with the RISK as well. Just a view.

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-29 16:01 | Report Abuse

Wats the difference of CA CB ...... CE? Why so many types of warrants?

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-29 16:36 | Report Abuse

Ok. I got it now. Different ex-price n maturity date. Another question. Wat r the ratio 3:1 n 4:1 mean?

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-29 16:52 | Report Abuse

Any reason why u did not recommend CD n CE?

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-03-29 17:11 | Report Abuse

290mil units of warrant all together. About 8.95% of total mother shares. When all these warrants exercised early next yr the mother share will b diluted by almost 9% !!!!!!!! Correct me if I m mistaken.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-03-29 17:14 | Report Abuse

kinsoon kok.
yes u r wrong!

call warrant is not convertible to mother share. only settlement of the different in prices upon maturity by the issuing banks.
so it has no dilution question to start with.

Posted by RichTrader999 > 2014-03-31 10:25 | Report Abuse

Buy is a safe counter is going up to 3.20 soon

sookfun

345 posts

Posted by sookfun > 2014-03-31 15:20 | Report Abuse

Really

LIAUSAN

137 posts

Posted by LIAUSAN > 2014-03-31 21:56 | Report Abuse

Going up to 3.20 is a matter of time only! Just relax and wait ! No worry !

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-01 09:32 | Report Abuse

Always the same problem in stock market. People aren't patient enough to wait therefore sometime cause them losing money. Huge one.... Maybe they did not know the company well or they did not even read or know what the company plan and their potential value. This is really scary thing. I have the same experience when I first started buying share. People say good I buy without even know what the company are doing hehehe..... Now is different story..... do some groundwork and then compare it with other counter in same industry and choose one of the best that I think have the potential and minimal risk :-)

alexyap

258 posts

Posted by alexyap > 2014-04-01 15:30 | Report Abuse

This counter needs a lot of patience. Price somehow controlled by big players. such huge blocks at 2.66 today, which is quite hard for small players like us to clear.

li1552

15 posts

Posted by li1552 > 2014-04-01 20:12 | Report Abuse

Just after some time you. can see the different.(I mean the share already move up! )

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-04-01 21:35 | Report Abuse

Overall sentiment towards property industry is very cautious due to recent GST, RPGT and DIBS implementation. Mr Tong gave a very convincing argument based on sales of top 8 developers, which has grown from RM12 billion to RM22 billion in year 2010 to 2013 and the units sold increased 50% over this 4 years. So, prices for property stocks (already discounted these news) are pretty quiet. The waiting game just started. In view of inflation + higher costs of construction, it is important that we should select property stocks that have higher margin and efficiency. IOIPG stands out. Like plantation stocks, it is a good time to buy when the CPO price is low, similarly, for property stocks, you buy it when there is a slowdown. HOWEVER, you have 2 choices, you can wait for a year or two to invest or you can BOTTOM FISHING now, and hold and wait, provided you are patient or wait for the turning point.

mirilang

411 posts

Posted by mirilang > 2014-04-02 07:00 | Report Abuse

After cut loss in this counter, I already made profit in other counter liao...

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-02 07:11 | Report Abuse

mirilang - you sold all or just partial of IOIPG? Which good counter you switch to and make profit?

Note: At any particular time even during the market are down... some counter will still goes up and you still can make money from it. So its a matter of time and every good counter will have it time to shine. I am happy to see you make profit from other counter by selling IOIPG, good choice. Look like you still watch out and monitor IOIPG thread. Want to come back here?

mirilang

411 posts

Posted by mirilang > 2014-04-02 08:26 | Report Abuse

Powerwk, I bought Parkson. Maybe one day I will coming back again..

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-04-02 08:30 | Report Abuse

5reasons why even a layman would b confident to buy IOIPG:

1.) enormous land bank (plantation lands tat have future potential 2b developed)
2.) solid financial back up (by IOICrop)
3.) tauke's credibility ( Tan Sri Lee)
4.) experience in related field
5.) traded bellow NTA

Still not convinced?

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-02 10:05 | Report Abuse

mirilang, thanks for sharing indeed parkson is a good company. But do checkout the RSI for some indicator :-)

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-02 10:06 | Report Abuse

Thanks KinSoon for sharing as well. I personally agree to 1, 3, 4 also by the way what the latest NTA as of today? Mind to share?

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-04-02 10:31 | Report Abuse

EPF disposed yesterday. Tats mean it's breakeven price up 2date could b 2.6x. As 4NTA, no annual report yet. NAPS = 3.37 according 2this site. Again, it's depends on how valuation is done. If NAPS = 3.37 why Ipo reference price 2.5x? Correct me if i m wrong.

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-04-02 10:34 | Report Abuse

powerwk, may b we should stop posting 2many +statements. We don wan2 stimulate market sentiment. If it rise 2fast we got no chance 2top up.

PM WA

103 posts

Posted by PM WA > 2014-04-02 11:07 | Report Abuse

most property counter trade below their NAPS... but depend on what is the discount factor

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-03 00:45 | Report Abuse

KinSoon - got your point. But here is the forum for us to share. Trust me, even we share still people don't believe it hehehe......

But I do worry if a good counter rise too fast.... I prefer it walk rather then run. Walk for long term run for short term.

I'm okay if the counter just raise couple of cents consistently for every quarter then I'm happy, since I'm holding it for long term until something *really* bad happen.

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-04 12:34 | Report Abuse

If end of the day can maintain this price 2.70 or 2.71 that would be great. Seller please sell at 2.7 or 2.71 :-) we don't want to buy higher then this price from you. Thanks You!

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-04-04 12:50 | Report Abuse

U should tell the buyers don't b 2eager. Don't jump Q!

powerwk

1,690 posts

Posted by powerwk > 2014-04-05 00:54 | Report Abuse

Ops I forgot to warn buyer pula..... Too late.... I apologize, my bad.

Post a Comment