14 people like this.

557 comment(s). Last comment by VenFx 2019-03-16 17:47

Goh Kim Hock

3,095 posts

Posted by Goh Kim Hock > 2019-03-10 14:27 | Report Abuse

bro Jonathan, hope you can really save a lot of innocent retailers here. You have done a good deed here. If those greedy retailers are still ignorant, it is their bad karma.

你已经尽了力.他们仍執迷不悟,看来,祇是他们的劫数难逃.

Ron90

4,094 posts

Posted by Ron90 > 2019-03-10 14:36 | Report Abuse

my profit calculation for that 3b project span for 5 years was removed from Dayang forum multiple times..huhu.. ya lor, profit 10%, only $300m in 5 years, or 60 million/year, or 15 mil per QR. Got lucky of profit margin 10% nowadays kan.

and don't forget, OPex will increase once in a while to maintain and certified all the vessels as well/ every 5 years.

Oil only $66, compare to >$80 last year! by the way, did KYY invest in OnG last year??

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-10 14:43 | Report Abuse

Why people dont appreciate such cheap postings of Jon?

Because as much he gives his free criticizm of others...his contributions for one to gain is almost nil

lazycat

899 posts

Posted by lazycat > 2019-03-10 14:43 | Report Abuse

there 3 type of people in this world ,
first is the one that make things happen,
second is the one that watch things happen,
and third is the one that ask : what the *** just happened?

TanChinku

188 posts

Posted by TanChinku > 2019-03-10 14:49 | Report Abuse

Opportunities every day,.....watch IFCA

pussycats

7,640 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2019-03-10 14:52 | Report Abuse

Kyy = USA,
OTB = China.
Mutual coexistence
The strange parts of the story year in & year out,
They hv lots of loyal followers.

Dr. Alex can you do a research about loyal followers of Two Bursa Godfathers in your PhD dissertation & share with us here your findings???

uptrending

1,852 posts

Posted by uptrending > 2019-03-10 14:53 | Report Abuse

Stock prices could be manipulated so are earnings over a period of time, maybe over a full cycle of up and down.. Haha

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-10 15:04 | Report Abuse

I am happy to take someone that write with substance any day then hogging how much his stocks has earned. Telling me how much one earn has zero value to me.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-10 15:26 | Report Abuse

How do you define substance? If someone who posts a lot of blogs, but no results to show, is that considered substance?

The only reason why you listen to Warren Buffett and Charlie munger-is because you can see their financial results over 50 years and see that they have a proven record, so their advice is worth listening to.

If you hear someone who only has 2 years negative investment record telling you how to INVEST, what would you do, follow her advice?

What more someone who professed to do long term value investing, and yet has never held a stock longer than 2 years?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-10 15:29 | Report Abuse

Based on ur QL share performance since u accepted the bet, u r last in the pecking order loh....!!

How can u say this type of mediocre performance good result leh ??

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Mar 10, 2019 03:26 PM | Report Abuse

How do you define substance? If someone who posts a lot of blogs, but no results to show, is that considered substance?

The only reason why you listen to Warren Buffett and Charlie munger-is because you can see their financial results over 50 years and see that they have a proven record, so their advice is worth listening to.

If you hear someone who only has 2 years negative investment record telling you how to INVEST, what would you do, follow her advice?

What more someone who professed to do long term value investing, and yet has never held a stock longer than 2 years

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-10 15:46 | Report Abuse

Value investing never say anything about the holding period. While it might be true for you owning quality companies to hold for 10-20 years, for value investors owning mediocre companies adhering to that is suicide.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-10 15:47 | Report Abuse

Put it simply, if one day you managed to use your wealth to stop someone from writing, let me know.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 15:54 | Report Abuse

for my 20+ son I like him to learn from Philips, no one else....

easiest and makes the most sense.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 15:56 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 16:02 | Report Abuse

I am puzzled people, some seemingly good investors, getting into personal attack on an enthusiastic, Not rich (yet), and confident young man in his sharing on investing, even continuously attacking him.

A young man who is not rich (yet) from investing doesn't mean he is not knowledgeable and sharing good stuff. In my opinion, he has shared with many good stuff. On the other hand, an old rich man who has made a lot of money in the stock market(seemingly too) doesn't mean he is a good investor and everyone must worship him, and more so if he is sharing with noble intention.

Personally, I find the author of this thread has good knowledge investing in his own way, bearing in mind that if one follows a right way of investing, and there are many right ways, he will do well in the future.

I believe the author has great future in his investing journey. Keep it up young man.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:15 | Report Abuse

kc chong.....

Its S=Qr

doesn't say any thing about England and English.........

u got KYY Q or not?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:17 | Report Abuse

no margin no sailng want to be rich? where got like that one?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-10 16:18 | Report Abuse

WAH YOU ALL LIKE THIS NO FAIR LAH, I stand with choivo boy this time. Bunch of old uncles attacking a young man, what is this shit? Is this really Malaysian culture ah, saying that you have millions then can lanci young man, one day he become billionaire you all go Holland lah

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-10 16:24 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:35 | Report Abuse

Its S= Q r

KYY shows you the importance of Q, and how to find the fastest running horse.

Philips shows u the importance of Q and how to find sustainable r

Opponents and critics are noises stopping u from being successful.....

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-10 16:41 | Report Abuse

How to find the S qqq3?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 16:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 04:15 PM | Report Abuse
kc chong.....
Its S=Qr
doesn't say any thing about England and English.........
u got KYY Q or not?

quack quack quack, zero value. Stop that quack quack quack and make i3investor a better place to share knowledge.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:49 | Report Abuse

kc

Its S= Qr

talk no use....Finance professor no use....

scared scared, trade with fear also no use..

cup half full or half empty?.....always believing cup is half empty also no use.......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 16:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 04:17 PM | Report Abuse

Yeah kah?

What happened in the last two years you have been PLP someone rich but at the end made him lost more than RM100m?

What happened to those newbies and youngsters following your sailang and margin Jaks and Sendai when they were trading at RM1.80+ and RM1.40+?

You have no remorse, and instead keep on quack quack quack on sailang and margin.

What have you sailang and margin so far? Jaks and Sendai as you enticed everyone to do so here?

How rich are you now?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:50 | Report Abuse

Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 10, 2019 04:41 PM | Report Abuse

How to find the S
===========

S= Qr

no Q no S

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:51 | Report Abuse

by kcchongnz > Mar 10, 2019 04:50 PM | Report Abuse

How rich are you now?
=========

Like I say....

cup half full or half empty?.....always believing cup is half empty also no use.......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 16:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 04:17 PM | Report Abuse

Yeah kah?

What happened in the last two years you have been PLP someone rich but at the end made him lost more than RM100m?

What happened to those newbies and youngsters following your sailang and margin Jaks and Sendai when they were trading at RM1.80+ and RM1.40+?

You have no remorse, and instead keep on quack quack quack on sailang and margin.

What have you sailang and margin so far? Jaks and Sendai as you enticed everyone to do so here?

How rich are you now?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 16:58 | Report Abuse

look at this kc...

KYY shares his moments of success. Hoping to inspire people

S= Qr

KC time is spend treating u as idiots, as babies to be protected by KC....stopping u from success.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 17:00 | Report Abuse

osted by kcchongnz > Mar 10, 2019 04:54 PM | Report Abuse

Yeah kah?
==========

yes...Like I say....

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-03-10 17:02 | Report Abuse

Perang dunia ke 3. Yiyoyiyo

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 17:03 | Report Abuse

cheoky...not my problem...Its KCChong problem......

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-10 17:08 | Report Abuse

I'm sorry KC. Someone who is not rich (period), whose analysis and results have not yielded results ( despite him trying to get everyone to agree with him) you need to be very clear. If you still continue to listen to him, then losses will be in your head.

If someone who goes around spouting value investing and charges 5000 for looking at your stock and charges you management fee for stock picking but makes you buy assets that perform worse than epf, I can that outright fraud.

“The stock investor is neither right or wrong because others agreed or disagreed with him; he is right because his facts and analysis are right.”

I am on Ben Graham side on this.
>>>>>>

A young man who is not rich (yet) from investing doesn't mean he is not knowledgeable and sharing good stuff. In my opinion, he has shared with many good stuff. On the other hand, an old rich man who has made a lot of money in the stock market(seemingly too) doesn't mean he is a good investor and everyone must worship him, and more so if he is sharing with noble intention.

Personally, I find the author of this thread has good knowledge investing in his own way, bearing in mind that if one follows a right way of investing, and there are many right ways, he will do well in the future.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 17:11 | Report Abuse

Posted by Connie555 > Mar 10, 2019 04:50 PM | Report Abuse
Ricky, Choivo, KC all have similar traits, they only come out when the share price collapse and start condemning on those who lose money and advertise their own product like what KC did on Jaks, Sendai, but when he try to condemn on KYY's VS, he failed, and share price go up few hundred %, 连鸟也不敢鸟了.
One thing i dont really like is that you kcchong always step on peoples pain to make money, case study mat lan mat lan, end up also promote your thing....puiiii
if you really got intention to teach people, then do it like a real man, instead of stepping on other people injured bodies to make money, not by using condemning on the share price collapse and then telling people your valuation is correct la this and that....

Tell me when did I condemn anybody personally. All I have done was to share my opposite opinion when I found someone promoting stocks, which I thought were risky, vigorously and enticing everyone to use margin finance to buy them when they were already goreng up sky high.

Most recently I shared my views on Hengyuan, Sendai and Jaks when they were promoted vigorously with shouts of margin finance. I have also shared my view on VS 5 years ago. Yes, I was wrong on VS but what else was I wrong, out of so many stocks which I shared my opposite views? Mind you sharing opposite views is not condemning.

Imagine, if people just paid attention of my opposite views on Jaks and Sendai, instead of listening to quack quack quack promoting them, and shouts of margin and sailing, how much they would have saved?

And think about it, what have you contributed to i3investor, instead of condemning, yes personal attacks on other?

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-10 17:14 | Report Abuse

Oh wow Connie, if you can find a shred of evidence that I bad mouthing someone or anyone on i3, I'm happy for you to create a blog post here. I don't personal attack like you. No one ever say value investing is about holding long-term, I think you shouldn't be checking on i3 that often, or read carefully.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-10 17:21 | Report Abuse

Domestic War in i3 gogogogo

Sslee

6,234 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-10 17:25 | Report Abuse

Dear Heavenly PUNTER,
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends, only permanent interest- William Clay
I can understand why many people with vested interest start to personal attack young Jon instead of telling us what wrong with his article.

Jon has my admiration as brave, well read, well articulate, unconventional, rebellion and have the courage and conviction to tell the truth for what it is. Well-done and thumb up.

At least Coniee555 has the gut to say, “When it comes to musical chair game, we expect the music to stop by itself, not by someone who doesn’t get to join the game and envy on us then go and unplug the switch and stop the music...”

But I am equally puzzle why a successful self-make millionaire, promoter of quality stocks found necessary to use such a low blow below the belt I quote, “You are a fraud, a "fake investment banker" with zero experience but good memorizer of books. Stop being jealous of kyy and OTB results and returns. I repeat, meaningless article. Get a life (and a portfolio)!”

Why not he telling us, can Dayang hold for 10 years? What is growth prospect of Dayang moving forward?
Is ego so important that he cannot even admit that he is no-where near young Jon level in investment when he is his age? I rest my case

Thank you
P/S:
*第五要切记*,
自愿付出的别想着要回报,不要总把为别人做的那些事挂在嘴上,“尊老爱幼”,永远要把“爱幼”放在第一位,因为朝阳总比夕阳更美好,记住“付出”时送给别人的东西,千万不要想着要补回来,那会让别人不愉快;

Point 5
Do not expect reward in exchange of what you willingly gave away. Don’t always repeat what you have done for others. “Respect the seniors, love the juniors”, should be reset as “Love the junior” first, because sunrise is definitely more glorious than sunset. Remember, those things which you gave away, never ever think that you need to be rewarded, as this will cause unhappiness to others.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-10 17:26 | Report Abuse

Yealah crazy liao all this old uncle, retired too free liao now want to attack young man, what is this lah, you all wait 10 years, I have faith in this your so called stupid inexperienced choivo boy

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 17:40 | Report Abuse

SSLee,

You are right. When I was at the age of Jon, I already started buying shares. But practically knew nothing much about investing, but following tips, rumours etc. I have to say I have been losing money for many years.

If I have the knowledge of what Jon has now when I was at his age, and improved it "further and with experience, I could safely said, Ï knew I would be rich".

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 17:48 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha, very accurate summary!

Its also important to know the why and how, for people like me at least :)

Feel free to write summaries for me next time!

=======
enigmatic For those who feel TLDR:
When Koon & Bee buys or recommends a stock, jump in ASAP and ride the wave until reach a certain high level. Always sell before they start announcing that they sold. Low risk when you buy at "The Beginning". High risk when buy at "The Final Stage"

Choivo won't buy this kind of stock bcause Koon & Bee are traders while he is value investor.

TA-DAA!! I've simplified it for you!
10/03/2019 13:04

BenPg

212 posts

Posted by BenPg > 2019-03-10 17:52 | Report Abuse

Uncle KoonYÝ has made many investors happy and richer in the first quarter of 2019. Many are grateful and thankful to him for helping them to recover their heavy losses in 2018.
Can Master Choivo pls use your talent and energy to search for another star performing stock like Dayang . Show uncle Koon YY you also can pick a winning stock .

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 18:16 | Report Abuse

Gee phillip,

My analysis one TIMECOM and RCECAP, my biggest holdings were absolutely spot on, and luckily for me, the price did not move, allowing me to buy more.

In your case, your analysis on the wonderful growth of QL yielded a earnings growth of 1.8% CAGR over 3 years, while the share price went up 70%.

Gee, i wonder who is right in this case.

“The stock investor is neither right or wrong because others agreed or disagreed with him; he is right because his facts and analysis are right.”

Let me rephrase,

The stock investor is neither right or wrong because other market participants agreed or disagreed with him; he is right because his facts and analysis are right.

Regardless, i dont think your current responses reflect well on you. Would your children be proud of you if they say your comments here on i3, especially those in response to me or Ricky? Or basically anyone with half a brain who disagreed with you on QL.

=====
Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Mar 10, 2019 05:08 PM | Report Abuse

I'm sorry KC. Someone who is not rich (period), whose analysis and results have not yielded results ( despite him trying to get everyone to agree with him) you need to be very clear. If you still continue to listen to him, then losses will be in your head.

If someone who goes around spouting value investing and charges 5000 for looking at your stock and charges you management fee for stock picking but makes you buy assets that perform worse than epf, I can that outright fraud.

I am on Ben Graham side on this.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 18:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 04:58 PM | Report Abuse
look at this kc...
KYY shares his moments of success. Hoping to inspire people
KC time is spend treating u as idiots, as babies to be protected by KC....stopping u from success.....

Who is spending time treating you guys as idiots, and stopping your from success?

1) KC who shared his views on the riskiness of Jaks and Sendai last two years when they were promoted aggressively at peak prices with sailang and margin finance, and as a result saving many from plunging into them with sailang and margin, or

2) The quack quack quack who promoted Jaks and Sendai aggressively asking everyone to sailang and margin on them at peak prices the last two years?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 18:22 | Report Abuse

Every time i read someone here, flaunt their RM13m or RM30m or whatever fortune.

I can't help but think, from 1999 - 2013, you can buy property at 9-10% yield, with 10% down, and no loan limits, ie, as long as its rented out, the bank will let you take our another loan. Cover monthly installment and get extra summore! Today yields are only 3-4% Maybe 5%. Good luck covering.

Its not uncommon for people with 200k yearly income to have loans of RM5mil on property, and insane positive cashflow from rental.

And those days when, shares are so undervalued, that you can buy Padini for less than RM1.5 pre split at 6 times earnings and 7% yield.

Or Latitude at bottom cyclical earnings of 5 times, just after they bought the vietnam plant.

Or when you can buy INARI at less than 10PE and 6% yield, while its profit and revenue were doubling each year. Same goes for Vitrox.

With golden years lasting almost or more than 15 years, and with you at the peak of your earning power then, to only build a networth of RM13m to Rm30m....

Its worth being happy about, in terms of the joy and security it brought your family.

But i wouldn't be too keen to show it as proof of ones "godly" skill.

Like munger when asked why buffet is richer, i'll answer the same, "Why is Einstein poorer than me?".

If your arguments or perspective have no merit, your track record only proves your luck. Though you are likely to have had some skill and the right temperament.

Spend your time praying and thanking god every day (if you're religious), and do charity work.

Value88, i do concede i have been extremely sarcastic in the past. However, i also dont think its possible to have lived a good and truthful life without making some enemies.

The only people where everybody like, is people are not genuine and are manipulative. The truth often stings.

However, you are right that i still have some way to go, in being truthful, without trying to hurt others intentionally, or being sarcastic.

Ill do my best.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 18:41 | Report Abuse

kc...why? cannot find a share to buy but can always be counted on to look at shares that have collapsed and say, I told u so?

Your business model built on fears?

right or wrong?

I think u need to change your business model, u really do......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 18:44 | Report Abuse

anyway, this choivo boy is more nuisance than any useful stuffs....

Its S= Q r

KYY shows you the importance of Q, and how to find the fastest running horse.

Philips shows u the importance of Q and how to find sustainable r

Q and r nicely covered

Opponents and critics are noises stopping u from being successful.....

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 18:57 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 06:41 PM | Report Abuse
kc...why? cannot find a share to buy but can always be counted on to look at shares that have collapsed and say, I told u so?
Your business model built on fears?
right or wrong?
I think u need to change your business model, u really do......

Well I think investing with your hard earned money must be fearful. Then only you are careful not to lose it.

Imagine if one is not fearful when someone promoting Jaks and Sendai with sailang and margin at their peak prices, which has been done for the last two years by the quack quack quack, how much would you have lost?

From RM1.80 to 60 sen now for Jaks, 67% loss without margin, 134% with 50% margin as conned by quack quack quack.

From RM1.40 to 60 sen for Sendai, 57% loss without using margin finance, 114% if you were conned by quack quack quack using 50% margin.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 19:29 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 05:03 PM | Report Abuse
cheoky...not my problem...Its KCChong problem......

Well quack quack quack, I haven't got any fun with you for quite some time because you haven't been personally attacking me for quite a while.

I only have fun again when you started to attack me. Bring your horse over.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-03-10 19:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 10, 2019 06:44 PM | Report Abuse
anyway, this choivo boy is more nuisance than any useful stuffs....

Who is a nuisance in i3investor?

I don't think you can forget the times when all the comments of your nicks of Dasa9697, stockmammy, etc were flagged by hundreds of forumers, despite me telling them not to do so, and removed by administration.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 19:59 | Report Abuse

this kc, don't know what to buy but can always be counted on to know what share to sell.

is this a proper business model, kc? is this S = Qr ?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-10 20:01 | Report Abuse

I do think this choivo boy is more nuisance than any useful stuffs....

what's wrong? Its my opinion.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz