Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 17:16 | Report Abuse

Jaks is now 6% of my portfolio

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 17:16 | Report Abuse

I don't change my story line to 20% just because the stock is doing well

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-11 17:25 | Report Abuse

Yeah i know.

You always thought it was going to be a good investment. Not really relying on people frying it up, or where the price was going to be in the near future.

Sounds like an investment to me.

I just felt there was better ones.

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-11 17:41 | Report Abuse

Know your ass meh, last time you say icon rely on frying up sentiment and unethical bla bla, now you say not relying on people to fry it up....

why are you so contradict on your own statement? where is your credibility...

pity for those who invested in your fund with such credibility...

Posted by Choivo Capital > Mar 11, 2019 05:25 PM | Report Abuse

Yeah i know.

You always thought it was going to be a good investment. Not really relying on people frying it up, or where the price was going to be in the near future.

Sounds like an investment to me.

I just felt there was better ones.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 17:58 | Report Abuse

It is nice to have Friend like Connie (actually is Uncle Connie). Always ready to jump in to defend me every time he felt that I was wronged

Cheers

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-11 18:22 | Report Abuse

Kota Bahru got no entertainment, gonna express my feeling over the forum....

youngsters nowadays think that they read all the book they are warren buffet already....

the fact is they dont know they cant swim at all without really dip themselve into the water and feel the wave instead of reading all the bull shit safety guideline bla bla bla before swimming.....who the hell dont know not to swim openly under the thunderstorm...we dont need to read it to know also....

if jon is so fancy about warren buffet with his tone of "wonderful company here wonderful company there" i would suggest him to put all his money into berkshire

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-11 18:28 | Report Abuse

Choi yi kit won't. This is simply because he actually thinks he is better than Berkshire and his long term results will better than Warren buffet.

probability

14,466 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-11 18:40 | Report Abuse

Actually Jon can beat Warren Buffet easily if he wants...but then it will be considered he had used an unethical method (not 100% pure value investing) - as such he wont.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-11 18:41 | Report Abuse

Im not even worth buffets little finger.

but im not handicapped by such a huge fund size. So theres that.

probability

14,466 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-11 18:42 | Report Abuse

Dont deny Jon...deep inside i know u can feel it..you had overtaken your sifu WB!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-11 18:42 | Report Abuse

A young with outstanding future prospect like chivo outright daring without fear or favor why keep attacking him and discouraging from doing all the good work leh ??

Go back and read properly , honestly chivo posting really make sense with good intention mah...!!

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-11 18:44 | Report Abuse

Probability.

Just try reading his first letter in the partnership, in 1957. Not even close, and that was 1957.

He had 62 years to improve his thought process and gain experience.

The only advantage i had over him, is that i have a warren buffet and so many others to learn from, while he only had Benjamin Graham.

i3Value

612 posts

Posted by i3Value > 2019-03-11 18:55 | Report Abuse

Still want to quote this quote that read this read that?

i3Value

612 posts

Posted by i3Value > 2019-03-11 19:07 | Report Abuse

Raider, respect is earned. This annoying Jonathan Choi Yi Kit brat done nothing to earn respect here, in fact opposite. Attitude wise, he is revolting. Character wise, he is repulsive

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2019-03-11 19:12 | Report Abuse

Scumbag Choivo. Just shut up already! You are really annoying!

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-11 19:15 | Report Abuse

This loh soh really need somebody give him a lesson baru tau

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-11 19:34 | Report Abuse

:-)

Choivo is long winded. However, he has some points.

Jon, please ignore the scumbags. :-)

Sslee

5,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-11 19:36 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Truth to be told:
Mr. Philip how is your experience when you are Jon’s age, “I borrowed from friends and family before to play stock market in 1993+ try paying off 120k of debt to your friends and family in 7 years with 2k salary”?

John Lu how is your “Melewar”?

Quack quack quack the most unashamed PLP king, double head snake “Batu Api” Have 100k to invest or not? Posted by quack quack quack,
I have no problem talking terms with KYY.....Last night I told KYY selling Dayang at 1.60 to 180 is called smart...He says he cannot be so dishonest as to sell now and have written so many articles on Dayang.....besides, he says he has not found another faster runner...............
11/03/2019 12:58
got another faster running horse?
11/03/2019 13:00

Thank you
P/S:Value88, i do concede i have been extremely sarcastic in the past. However, i also dont think its possible to have lived a good and truthful life without making some enemies.
The only people where everybody like, is people are not genuine and are manipulative. The truth often stings. However, you are right that i still have some way to go, in being truthful, without trying to hurt others intentionally, or being sarcastic. Ill do my best.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 19:56 | Report Abuse

3iii is a piece of buffalo meat on a teppanyaki hot plate

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-11 20:03 | Report Abuse

hahahhah

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-11 20:04 | Report Abuse

I am here to join the party liao harlo, Uncle Icon8888 might I suggest go get your prostate or kidneys checked, frequent urination is an indication of something is wrong with either of those organs.

lwyy60

477 posts

Posted by lwyy60 > 2019-03-11 20:11 | Report Abuse

Lolz, Icon8888, same goes to me. Never touch this kind of share except u r in betting mode/leisure mode. lolzzz...Someone is controling da price, of course distributing on da way depend on da company performance. Good luck all.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-03-11 20:12 | Report Abuse

Lol. Icon is my respected sifu. How could u

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-11 20:13 | Report Abuse

This is why I know Choi yi kit will not succeed long term.

In my twenties, it is exactly because I had huge debts that I had to work so hard to earn money.

In my thirties I already had multiple income streams. In addition to my job, I had bought a cheap piece of land ( 5k per acre) in tawau around 4 acres to plant palm oil. Then I also started to do Amway mlm,and also part time draftsman. Not to mention selling black 4D to around 400 workers back in the day.

No money, but plenty of cash flow.

By my fourties my debts were all paid off, I had 12 acres of palm oil plantation, I hit emerald Amway distribution, I was a certified A0 so I could rent out my license, and I had become a technical manager. Bigger salary, got performance bonuses.

Still no money, but all the cash flow into growing my portfolio, and my income streams.

Investing is about attitude, patience, rationality and hard work.

From the way you write, I doubt you will go far in life.

>>>>>>
Philip, I have more money in my twenties than you have in your forties.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-11 20:13 | Report Abuse

sorry to offend your sifu, but yesterday i notice he went to toilet for 4 times in less than 30 minutes, got me a bit worried.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-11 20:21 | Report Abuse

Who run toilet?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 20:22 | Report Abuse

it is true Jaks quality is so so

but instead of totally shunning it, I choose to take a small position

it is 6% of my portfolio now, but if it really goes to RM4.00 (RM220 mil net profit from IPP, divided by 550 mil shares, multiplied by 10 times PER), then it will balloon to close to 20% of my portfolio

can't you see the wealth creation potential ?

faced with such favourable risk reward balance, do you really need Warren Buffalo to tell you what to do ?

God gives you a brain for a reason. Use it

Posted by 3iii > Mar 11, 2019 04:12 PM | Report Abuse

Stay with quality. There are many good reasons for doing so.

Investing is simple but not easy.

I am targetting this at icaon8888.

Posted by SaveMALAysiaFROM TALIBAN TERRORIST > 2019-03-11 21:14 | Report Abuse

DONT bother replying dumb post lal

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-11 21:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-11 21:16 | Report Abuse

Unable to Defense himself, Now turning to personal attack

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-11 21:18 | Report Abuse

What is there to icon poor concentration of stock leh ???

Icon is making monies nothing wrong mah....!!

The problem of simply attacking jon with good intention, that is the problem mah.....!!

Posted by 3iii > Mar 11, 2019 09:14 PM | Report Abuse

Icon8888's poor concentration in his stocks maybe confounded by his frequent need to go to the toilet.

Agree with someone this maybe a worrying problem. Get some professional advice, from your doctor, early.

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-11 21:22 | Report Abuse

It is so difficult to run away from raider with his big trolley. ;-)

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-11 21:23 | Report Abuse

That is precisely,what chivo has the quality, that Philip don have with his (Philip} gambling attitude until the family nearly bankrupt loh...!!

Definitely Chivo will fare better when he is at Philip age, as chivo has superior investment quality in his age compare with Philip loh..!!

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Mar 11, 2019 08:13 PM | Report Abuse

This is why I know Choi yi kit will not succeed long term.

In my twenties, it is exactly because I had huge debts that I had to work so hard to earn money.

In my thirties I already had multiple income streams. In addition to my job, I had bought a cheap piece of land ( 5k per acre) in tawau around 4 acres to plant palm oil. Then I also started to do Amway mlm,and also part time draftsman. Not to mention selling black 4D to around 400 workers back in the day.

No money, but plenty of cash flow.

By my fourties my debts were all paid off, I had 12 acres of palm oil plantation, I hit emerald Amway distribution, I was a certified A0 so I could rent out my license, and I had become a technical manager. Bigger salary, got performance bonuses.

Still no money, but all the cash flow into growing my portfolio, and my income streams.

Investing is about attitude, patience, rationality and hard work.

From the way you write, I doubt you will go far in life.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-11 21:25 | Report Abuse

That bcos u misbehave loh....!!

Posted by 3iii > Mar 11, 2019 09:22 PM | Report Abuse

It is so difficult to run away from raider with his big trolley. ;-)

Posted by Icon8888 > Mar 11, 2019 09:16 PM | Report Abuse

Unable to Defense himself, Now turning to personal attack

Posted by stockraider > Mar 11, 2019 09:18 PM | Report Abuse X

What is there to icon poor concentration of stock leh ???

Icon is making monies nothing wrong mah....!!

The problem of simply attacking jon with good intention, that is the problem mah.....!!

i3Value

612 posts

Posted by i3Value > 2019-03-11 21:25 | Report Abuse

Jonathan Choi Yi Kit not going to be happy with conversation here. Why talk about Icon? This his article, must talk about him only

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-11 21:26 | Report Abuse

That bcos 3iii misbehave loh....!!

Posted by i3Value > Mar 11, 2019 09:25 PM | Report Abuse

Jonathan Choi Yi Kit not going to be happy with conversation here. Why talk about Icon? This his article, must talk about him only

Posted by SaveMALAysiaFROM TALIBAN TERRORIST > 2019-03-11 21:37 | Report Abuse

troll chats all too bored lel

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-11 21:52 | Report Abuse

personal attacks ah uncles, why all attacking this young boy lah aiyoyo. I think want to give fair opinion only mah

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-12 00:08 | Report Abuse

Phillip, you better quiet abiut selling black 4d

If people don't like you and go report police, you may go jail, now crackdown like mad.

This advice give you free.

paperplane

21,636 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2019-03-12 00:40 | Report Abuse

Art of punting????

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-12 01:25 | Report Abuse

Probability bro or sis (really not sure now),

Im going to be real with you. They were so many times, looking at the rise in NAIM, CARIMIN, PENERGY etc etc. And now GKENT.

I was and am so tempted to do it. And the feeling that comes when you see stupid people make more money than you, even though i know they will all die at some point (the shrewd traders know who they are, no need me say), was difficult to bear.

This feeling was particularly strong in 2017, i could barely sleep and was thinking of just buying everyone out and putting it in the china index. These days, i know myself and my philosophy alot better.

Last friday, I just had this moment of weakness where i was wondering, what am i doing this value thing for? So what if it makes perfect sense to me? My 500% trader friend is probably up 30% -40% by now and im only roughly 10% plus, if i tried maybe i'll be 20-30%. Imagine showing that to my investors instead, value investing be damned!

This cleared up by saturday afternoon, when a value investor friend/trader asked me about dayang. We discussed about it, and afterwards, he admitted he was chasing the last dollar, the cardinal sin of trading and investing.

And this friend reads his howard marks, and is very shrewd on market and sentiment cycles.

At the end of day, we are all in the market to make money. And for some people who are shrewd traders, they can make money from all these market forces, and sentiment, without being caught up in it. Good for them.

I doubt i would be anywhere as clear minded as i appear now if i tried to. From experience, i think i will be caught up with the emotion, and get screwed. I would be the foolish retailer and trader. God knows i did some stupid, panicky and emotional shit when i traded back in the day.

And i'm not willing to pay the tuition money to learn or find out if i have the skill, the odds are not in my favor.

I only know one outstanding trader despite meeting so many. And the statistics i saw directly from a large local brokerage is clear. Barely 15% have positive P/L. And the vast majority of them have low yearly turnover (yearly transaction volume).

The number of people with yearly turnover above 150% and profitable for more than 5 years, i can count with my hands and leg, the really good ones, less than one hand.

There is a reason why "star traders" in malaysia teach courses where you pay 2-8k to attend. They probably lose money in the market too.

At the end of the day, you have to choose the philosophy that works for you, and suits you.

If i tried to be a trader, i would not be as good (i might be presumptuous here) at understanding a business/industry and its 5-10 year competitiveness, and this is damn bloody hard as it is.

Especially with innovation disruption increasing the speed at which, companies become great and go back to being mediocre. S&P 500 companies used to stay in the list for 50 plus years on average. The average now is around 10 years.

The number of these companies is getting smaller, and much harder to catch as some will grow so fast.

Given my age, and that i probably have around 50-60 years before i hit the can, it would probably be better if i spend my time studying and learning as hard i can in understanding business/life, and do my best in finding the next hartalega, pbbank, QL, topglov, facebook, google, amazon or inari amverton at the early stage.

These companies, just 100k somewhere near the start, and you will be set for life. I met some in penang, just 200k or so in inari when it listed, constantly reinvested dividends. Now, i dont even need to tell you how much its worth.

And needless to say, they are so extremely rare. If you're lucky two or three may show up in your lifetime, a couple more if you look and search really hard, i'd like to catch at least one or two of these tens to hundred baggers.

And if i dont, i think i could settle a few ten baggers! Not to mention that the process of being better at this is a lot more enjoyable for me.

And while i get myself good enough to recognize these opportunities when it comes, i have to be ok with my 500% trader friend making alot more money than me now.

I'm happy for him, and a little jealous!

===
probability Actually Jon can beat Warren Buffet easily if he wants...but then it will be considered he had used an unethical method (not 100% pure value investing) - as such he wont.
11/03/2019 18:40

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-12 01:56 | Report Abuse

Really ? Nobody ask you to do risky stuffs such as chasing dayang

But that doesn't mean that you must stick with dinasaurs

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-12 01:57 | Report Abuse

You see a pretty girl with pimples and you dump her because you suspect she has STD

Relax....

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-12 02:08 | Report Abuse

Lol dude, im not sure if that metaphor makes sense tbh. Haha

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-12 05:50 | Report Abuse

Like this also can lohsoh. Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Your investing strategy is all textbook and not based on reality. You have no results to show. You buy average companies, for average prices.

You should be more humble. And understand that all investment, all business is related.

This advice give you free.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-12 05:52 | Report Abuse

Don't worry, I not like you. Dare to post, dare to be responsible.

Sslee

5,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-12 07:59 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
Posted by Fortune Bull> Mar 11, 2019 12:54 PM.
I sold Dayang at 1.70 today! That's like over 80k profit! Thank you Tan Sri Koon!
Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Mar 11, 2019 01:01 PM.
oh my gosh! that is wonderful Fortune Bull!, that profit alone is like double the size of jon choivo portfolio. How did you manage such an amazing thing?

What are you expect Young Jon to response when you are insulting him with a totally false and demeaning insult? Jon deleted his insulting post on you because he remember what he say to Value88.

Respect is not earned by past result or million in your account but beget if you show the same respect for other.

I am puzzle and wondering why people like you or Mr. Koon like to go to bed with good for nothing, PLP king, Backstabber, “Batu Api” quack quack quack just because he know how to feed your ego and carry your ball? I need Alex a PHD researcher in human behavior to do a dissection on the question why?

Thank you

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-12 08:05 | Report Abuse

wakao uncle philip relax a bit lah, you a millionaire already lah, no need care about choivo boy lah aiyoyo

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-12 08:16 | Report Abuse

maybe yes maybe not, but some of these veterans are just punters, which are probably way worse than this choivo boy, if he listens to them, really can bungkus tapao takeaway

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-12 08:30 | Report Abuse

I know none of those people that you speak of in real life.

I only go to bed with one person, my wife.

I do know hubris and pride when I see them, and I seek to understand why someone would "interview" other investors then write hit pieces on their investing method (poor OTB and Davidlim), while they themselves have ZERO results to show for.

I also repeat here:

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Sslee_blog/188836.jsp

The hubris and overconfidence of someone who never invested in inari (but chose to buy more into INSAS), and having the confidence to run down a long term investor (just to prove that his investing is relevant), this is simply another jon choivo in the making.

A lot of talk. No results.

At least qqq3, 3ii, even icon8888 and koonyewyin do not think they know so much and made so much money that they can write investment grade analysis reports promoting their stocks by degrading other investors.

All of those above have been investing since at least 2009 (at minimum).

How long have you been in the market? And the moment you went in, the first thing you do instead of investing slowly and steadily was to become xinquan top 30 shareholder, and insas have lunch with the owners.

Wonderful, even have investment blogger talks!

Again, I repeat: Results?

You are similar to Jon in that you have a worldview of how things should be working out, without any results to show that it works. I must admit, I also have my own mental models and worldview. I am quite stubborn about it. But mine is based on reality, on real results, over 10+ years (after 10 years of failure, for an investment career of 20 years)

I summarize: RESULTS.

I suggest you start here, post your investment strategy, you portfolio results (not XXXX, percentage gain). and your long term investment gain:

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/1977.html

Then you and choi yi kit can write about whatever you want, how bats and palm oil are the investment of the future, and I would read carefully.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz