14 people like this.

557 comment(s). Last comment by VenFx 2019-03-16 17:47

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-10 06:52 | Report Abuse

Meaningless article. So full of speculative remarks that you waste so much time reading..... And learn nothing of import.

Let me sum it up for you. You think kyy and OTB are market movers. They buy early, promote and watch as the share price increase pulls the traders in. Then they get out and leave Jon lohsoh with the bag. Jon lohsoh doesn't think the companies they invested in are really all that good.

But what if it is? Will Jon lohsoh revise his article and apologize if the companies they invested in perform well?

Posted by DingDongHai > 2019-03-10 07:27 | Report Abuse

Loh soh.. it seems have a lot of info, but after finish read apa pun tak dapat.. bad writer. Even though u might not agree with uncle Koon, but can’t deny that he can deliver his thought perfectly. Even primary kids can understand that. You have long winded professional article, but you have no main backbone of your thought .. different btw theoretical ppl (loh so) with practical ppl(Koon)

ramada

3,955 posts

Posted by ramada > 2019-03-10 07:27 | Report Abuse

Too much theory. Just name me a counter which can perform. Anyway, KYY golden rule should amend a bit — the industry which the company involved is in uptrend.

ramada

3,955 posts

Posted by ramada > 2019-03-10 07:32 | Report Abuse

People buying stocks are based on how good the latest quarterly result is, so I must say uncle golden rule works flawlessly within this 3 months.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-03-10 07:52 | Report Abuse

When everyone is overconfident on a stock, it also has the biggest negative expected value.

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-10 08:04 | Report Abuse

Choivo has shared many good points. Like the way he characterised the stock promotions of otb and gang. Sorry, I group KYY in the “gang” , though a significant member and not as a separate entity.

Essentially, the smart players moved first, followed by the big players, and finally by the dumb players (the lemmings).

I am always learning. Thanks for the entertainment and the knowledge too.

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-10 08:14 | Report Abuse

What lures investors into the oceans of penny stocks is the dream of buying 1,000 shares for $0.50 and then later selling them for $5 or some similarly lucrative transaction. Unfortunately, that ocean is full of sharks that know exactly what you're looking for.

Blood in the Water
If an investor has the poor judgment to get involved with penny stockbrokers, he or she may find a permanent target painted on his or her back. Because of the profits and commissions involved, these brokers will persist with their calls until they get your check - after that the calls will dry up and the number may even change. Many of the sharks in penny stock brokerages have securities violations on their records, but it is their ability to sell that keeps other firms hiring them - and it is dishonest profits that keep penny stock brokerage firms in business.

The Bottom Line
By and large, attempts to regulate penny stocks have been thwarted. The low prices make them ideal for manipulation because a few false cents per share can mean thousands if you hold most of the shares. The internet has also offered a whole new medium by which to cheat investors. For every site that exposes penny stock fraud, there are hundreds of sites espousing one undiscovered treasure or another. The best way to avoid getting swindled in the penny stocks is just to stay out of the water - if you don't swim, you won't be bitten.

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-10 08:15 | Report Abuse

Sell pricey stocks to punters

This is the stock manipulation scheme that punters are familiar with. A syndicate gets a block of shares of say, two million from a major shareholder and churns a daily trading volume of say, five million shares. This is done by buying and selling the same shares over and over again by syndicate members and their nominees.

The churning is done in such a way that the share price goes up every day, irrespective of sentiment on the market.

The trading activity and rising price momentum gets the attention of punters. The more experienced punters usually recognise the share price is being ramped up. Nonetheless, they pile in to make a fast buck, and hopefully get out before the syndicate withdraws support for the share price.

There will be, however, punters who are newer to the game or have more greed and they stay too long in the stock. When the syndicate sells out within a day or two, usually causing the stock to trade limit-down, punters lose their shirt.

The profits of the syndicate are shared with the company's major shareholder. Usually, this involves companies that are loss-making in their business. Ramping becomes the only way the major shareholder can make a profit.

Sslee

5,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-10 08:33 | Report Abuse

Dear Jonathan Choi,
Expect nothing. Just do what is right without expectation. The word of wisdom spoken to me by my senior colleague when I felt disappointed in holding too much expectation on people goodwill.

No worry many people had already Know how to read into very insightful Koon’s article. CharlesT and KCChong also know how to trade on Koonbee’s stock, I include Hahaha.

Thank you.

3iii

12,990 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-10 08:33 | Report Abuse

https://myinvestingnotes.blogspot.com/2009/12/speculation-and-manipulation-in.html
Swimming with Sharks in the Stock Market

catchcon

241 posts

Posted by catchcon > 2019-03-10 08:38 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Mar 10, 2019 08:14 AM | Report Abuse

What lures investors into the oceans of penny stocks is the dream of buying 1,000 shares for $0.50 and then later selling them for $5 or some similarly lucrative transaction. Unfortunately, that ocean is full of sharks that know exactly what you're looking for.

VERY TRUE BROTHER, ONLY GREEDY ONES WILL END LOSING THEIR PANTS.

OrlandoOIL

4,897 posts

Posted by OrlandoOIL > 2019-03-10 08:38 | Report Abuse

Pathetic fallacy

Can institutional funds really buy into a technically bankrupt company?

Greed driven bui ber eh

Knn collective buying power of greed driven bui ber eh is quite something must admit

Predator KYY didn't even do substantial

Is it sustainable?

Pathetic fallacy

catchcon

241 posts

Posted by catchcon > 2019-03-10 08:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Mar 10, 2019 06:52 AM | Report Abuse

Meaningless article. So full of speculative remarks that you waste so much time reading..... And learn nothing of import.

Let me sum it up for you. You think kyy and OTB are market movers. They buy early, promote and watch as the share price increase pulls the traders in. Then they get out and leave Jon lohsoh with the bag. Jon lohsoh doesn't think the companies they invested in are really all that good.

Very true statement. Everyone hoping it goes $3, I say big fat dream, hoping against hope, the sohais.

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-03-10 08:50 | Report Abuse

Lu tak ada Dayang maka terbitlah yang bukan-bukan.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2019-03-10 08:52 | Report Abuse

play too much koon bee stock until no feel already....earn money also no satisfactory....to be honest i skip all the carimin and dayang article....because i already know what it's about without reading it....

value88

709 posts

Posted by value88 > 2019-03-10 09:22 | Report Abuse

Dayang is a time bomb now, and waiting for its moment to blow.

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-10 10:18 | Report Abuse

Aiyo people making millions bucks and now you miss the boat u come out and sour grape...people dont buy your idea on TIME you no need to come out sour grape mar, this is musical chair game, whoever is slow he gets slaughter as simple as that.

You miss the boat then stop boasting around that people is not investor they are trader la bla bla bla laa....we all here to make money, the one who makes money he can speaks as loud as he wants...

And as for u...i suggest u should just all in your clients fund into EPF accounts and get the almost guarantee rate of 6%....

fucking sour grape blocking the earth from spinning...

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:23 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-10 10:25 | Report Abuse

hailat d this time, all the dayang die hard fans defending KYY and attacking my Choivo boy

Felicity

104 posts

Posted by Felicity > 2019-03-10 10:26 | Report Abuse

I know what this writer is trying to say. Just say it. Does not have to be "loh soh". There is huge risks now especially for the followers who went in late stages.

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-10 10:41 | Report Abuse

when it comes to musical chair game, we expect the music to stop by itself, not by someone who don't get to join the game and envy on us then go and unplug the switch and stop the music...

i sugguest u choivo boy next time be early and now just sit and watch the game u little piece of shit....

one more thing we are sick of your tone of wonderful company bla bla, u so fancy about warren buffet, i suggest u all in ur client fund money into Berkshire and stop wonderful here wonderful there, sick of the tone....let your idol manage money for you, or you should just quit klse go for wall street.

that day i3 event i vomit half way of the talk because of your tone...

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-10 10:43 | Report Abuse

To me you are just an ass licker who likes to licks icon ass so much, always attack on his approach at the beginning and later on seek for collaboration opportunity with him.... where is your credibility.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:43 | Report Abuse

Warren buffet way can make money in malaysia stock market? Its only make you look good with buffetology but doesnt benefit your pocket at all. Wake up la

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:44 | Report Abuse

Read all investment book then so what if cannot make money in bursa?

lazycat

899 posts

Posted by lazycat > 2019-03-10 10:45 | Report Abuse

berkshire hathaway is the world number 1 value trap

Bruce88

1,127 posts

Posted by Bruce88 > 2019-03-10 10:46 | Report Abuse

He is talking too much rubbish. riding on OTB & KYY's fame..haha !
Pls Coming up with new ideas and counters if youare really not tin kosong.

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-10 10:46 | Report Abuse

John i already told him i have contact in sasbadi if he wants to work there he can contact me.

he and ricky is a text book guy with no place to express his text book knowledge, how good if we put him to the right place.

ramada

3,955 posts

Posted by ramada > 2019-03-10 10:48 | Report Abuse

Did your value clients blame you not buying dayang since you just missed the boat?

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:50 | Report Abuse

I think Jon Choivo can performe well in sasbadi handle the book store or anything than in stock market

Just like cpteh goreng keropok biz doing better than his cohort/stock

Dont chose the wrong career Jon Choivo/cptek

ramada

3,955 posts

Posted by ramada > 2019-03-10 10:51 | Report Abuse

I think they must be very frustrated to let you managing their hard-earned money.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:52 | Report Abuse

My grandmother always said, if u not capable please dont force yourself.. I suggest Jon Choivo return all the fund to his investor since the fund not performing

probability

14,466 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-10 10:52 |

Post removed.Why?

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:54 | Report Abuse

If market good like this also miss to earn money, when market U turn all Choivofund will become junk fund

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:54 | Report Abuse

Dont become another Sipak Liang

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 10:54 | Report Abuse

Hmm and there goes your rationality and logic flying out the window again. Like when me or Ricky starts asking you questions on QL.

You got buy abit to punt is it?

I though you super long term guy only?

=====
(S = Qr) Philip Meaningless article. So full of speculative remarks that you waste so much time reading..... And learn nothing of import.

But what if it is? Will Jon lohsoh revise his article and apologize if the companies they invested in perform well?
10/03/2019 06:52

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:55 | Report Abuse

Long term, short term or no term matters? Most important can make money

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:56 | Report Abuse

Haha Purebull.. Kikiki.. Those day I hantam cpteh gg u never know?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 10:56 | Report Abuse

John Lu,

If i bought Dayang as it was rising as a speculative venture. Or was the kind to do that.

My investors would have pulled back the money, or never have given it to me in the first place.

If any of my current investors, feel differently, tell me, i'll price you out now.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:57 | Report Abuse

I also hantam calvintaneng previously but his 2019 call are superb.. I compliment him in 2019

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 10:59 | Report Abuse

Connie,

Play the musical chair game all you want, just dont actually swallow the bullshit.

Later you really need to sell seaweed keropok to live than you know!

By then you join the many who suddenly go silent.

Oddly, i think would miss you and your foolishness. You're quite the specimen after all.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 10:59 | Report Abuse

Market always have these type ppl, we want make money together but always have someone wanna act hero to against the wave.. Diu nia seng

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 11:00 | Report Abuse

John Lu,

You very weird leh, first you think its good, now you think its bad, ahahaha.

I hope your mind is a little bit better in you're trading!

===========

John Lu has left a new comment on your post "(CHOIVO CAPITAL) The Art of Trading (DAYANG) Profitably Around Mr Koon Yew Yin and Mr Ooi Teik Bee.":

Loh soh.. Haha..but is a good article

Posted by John Lu at Mar 10, 2019 06:13 AM

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 11:02 | Report Abuse

Haha.. I read 1st time when i am drunk.. Read 2nd time when I awake.. Cannot kah?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-10 11:02 | Report Abuse

Or, protect ricebowl!

Haha my influence not that power lah.

Just dont trade drunk!

probability

14,466 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-03-10 11:02 | Report Abuse

if jon is the first wife...she will ensure her husband's second wife have a hell of a hard time...

Connie555

180 posts

Posted by Connie555 > 2019-03-10 11:03 | Report Abuse

Probability, i believe u have been in the market quite long, deep inside us we all knew that the price currently could be at the middle or even high side, it is just that how fast we can react, and i think i dont need choivo boy to lecture us when to get out, you dont even ride on the boat and feel the beats and now u wanna lecture me to get out, and I believe if you are long enough in the market, you know when to quit, if i would listen to text book guy like him, i boarded HY at rm7 would have sold at 9 10 or 11, i ended up sold at 17 18, not to boast around but what i am trying to tell is just follow your guts feeling and valuation etc instead of listening to his lecture.

================================================================================
probability

on top of irrational exuberance , optimism, pessimism etc...

market also has another mood called 'sour' feeling...
and Jon is a good barometer of this emotion...

but anyway..i tend to agree that the price of dayang is a little on the high side now...but i could certainly be wrong

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2019-03-10 11:05 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha.. No argue all sialang dayang

Posted by Airline Bobby > 2019-03-10 11:11 | Report Abuse

Whatever it is uncle koon will take home your money after u don't sell once his article posted. Good luck fellow. Carimin and day angers. GG

tan81

86 posts

Posted by tan81 > 2019-03-10 11:17 | Report Abuse

Talk a lot...but earn nothing.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-03-10 11:18 | Report Abuse

Chiivo Cap,

With the fatty profit most hold by stage1 &2 holders.
They manage to run if the trend or outlook turn ti be bad.
Not too worry much lah !

Always scale own " Stop profit level" as the , or maybe the die die unbroken resistance that cant be conquering for <20 trading days, then u need to be superb cautiously loh.

Reversal sign maybe comfirmed if the retracement from peak has reduced by 15-20% within 2-3 trading days.

Good luck to all.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz