DRB-HICOM BHD

KLSE (MYR): DRBHCOM (1619)

-0.02 (1.77%)

1.11 - 1.13

28 people like this.

25,331 comment(s). Last comment by WiraBoleh 49 minutes ago

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-16 10:41 | Report Abuse

Calvin style...u agree or not, he just comment...dun bother

Contender

523 posts

Posted by Contender > 2017-03-16 11:39 | Report Abuse

ks55@ the accident involving Proton .... shows that Proton is safe car compared to the poor Perodua driver who has killed ...

pineapple123

2,472 posts

Posted by pineapple123 > 2017-03-16 19:08 | Report Abuse

Helloworld123. Haha u r rite

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-16 21:14 | Report Abuse

Local news not much report bout PSA-Proton bidding...but if google search for tis news, many french words come out, use google chrome translate whoe article, n u shall notice the PSA ceo quite ambitious to enter Asean market...n very optimistic vf proton bidding.

Summer shall know the outcome...france's summer of cos..we r summer burning everyday here.

Woo John

552 posts

Posted by Woo John > 2017-03-16 22:55 | Report Abuse

News reported by business Bloomberg, VW and PSA market share in Europe down by month Feb. So it does make sense PSA wanted to expand over to South East Asia and region around. Ball is at DRB feet to decide, play western or eastern style.

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-16 23:34 | Report Abuse

later DRB play western...but is American style then jialat looor~

Berkat

582 posts

Posted by Berkat > 2017-03-17 07:43 | Report Abuse

Very slow...some other cheap stocks has rise to 150-300 percents

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 12:32 | Report Abuse

Lol...got "cheap" stock goes even cheaper ler, no new catalyst for drb, summore geely might pull out, can hold above 1.3 above, i think we ady lucky lo...

Wat to do now? Proton future remains unknown, bank muamalat no news for IPO, IB stated Pos Malaysia overprice, no development for tebrau landbank, Deftech AV8 project dunno got delay delivery or not & car sales remain weak...

If u holding tis type of cards, u oso headache to play.

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 12:36 | Report Abuse

But drb trend can suddenly surge up or down one...which really exciting for me...hehe

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 14:27 | Report Abuse

I mentioned can suddenly surge up or "DOWN",cos i went tru 1.41...0.79...1.55...0.92...now 1.3x...
If i got inside news, u think i still blow water here?
Every1 free to comment here mar...release some tension n make entertainment, just nid to make own judgement, dun follow blindly.

Wat i did noe is pos malaysia will jv vf alibaba...but not wat e commerce booming claimed by others, i spoke to some1 in pos, they did went to meet jack ma last year, is discussing bout pos get the right for Alipay system, as pos got 800 pos office n touch up point nationwide, n u cant find others company tat offer so much bills payment like pos office.

But problem is nid BN approval as involve cash transaction n credit issue...so bank muamalat oso got involve.

Sg, thai, hk n taiwan ady accepted Alipay method...we as developed nation @ year2020 how can be so outdated...but still at discussion stagr, can realise or not...still the same answer, i dunno...

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 14:34 | Report Abuse

Shopee is currently using some sort of online payment system powered by Alipay...tats y shopee got pos subsidy for shipment...if u think tat alibaba or taobao will come to malaysia n compete vf shopee, 11 st, qoo10, lazada...is really illogical for alibaba, they r not like amazon, they earn thru their paying system...y wanna come to small market like malaysia n compete vf others, while china is so lucrative vf high growth for online biz.

Summore, if u been to china, u will be amazed tat even grandma selling groceries at sub urban area, oso accepting alipay or e wallet, wechat oso doin e wallet too...tats y Tencent group share so high now.

pineapple123

2,472 posts

Posted by pineapple123 > 2017-03-17 16:00 | Report Abuse

2 days ago Alibaba met up with Trump. Jack Ma v interested with nextgram....lol

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-17 17:20 | Report Abuse

Very stable and good closing.
It points to a brighter days ahead!

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 20:28 | Report Abuse

Just blow water, n i dun think im better than anyone, calvin oso got his points.

I dunno bout nextgram, but i noe alibaba is trying to close a deal vf moneygram.

For example, Alibaba n amazon is totally 2 different companies..

Amazon involve from a-z, they store the goods or direct purchase from factories, n put online for sell, n get payment from customer tru banks or credit cards. Their capax is damn huge, as they nid to hv own land for warehouses, distribution points n offices. Also they nid their own fleet of logistics...the whole supply chain system monitor by their own.

Alibaba, totally different strategy, most facilities/assets amazon has, they do not hv. No warehouse, no logistic, no QC 4 goods quality, not even involve in packaging at all. Alibaba just a platform for seller to meet buyer or the other way around. The starting of alibaba has no income at all, cos no credit card company wanna provide them service, as they view tis biz method high risk, n is up to seller n buyer to nego method of payment.

I think is after 3-4 years, miracle happen, alibaba start up Alipay...buyer pay thru Alipay, n Alipay will oni release the payment once buyer receive the goods or after (10 days) as some goods send to oversea by sea freight. Alibaba act as intermediate n platform provider, charge a minimal service fee (less than 0.2% on selling price) based on selling price, n tis method...BOOM!! Alibaba listed at new york n then blah blah blah...

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 21:05 | Report Abuse

Lets say the minimal service for buyer is average at 0.2% based on selling price (seller service charge % is based on the volume n their rating by buyers, tats y if u comment smtg bad @ seller especially Taobao, they will find u immediately n ask u to delete such comments by offer smtg to u)...u can c the money earned by Alipay by all the record high transaction year by year...

Yup, expanding to worldwide, but bear in mind they r not Amazon, u wont receive a nice packaging stamped vf Alibaba or Taobao logo on the packaging when u receive it, instead, sometimes is really ugly packaging from some cost saving courier company that wrap ur goods.

So to expand worldwide for alibaba, they nid secure payment method, which involve currency exchange n credit system...moneygram can provide alibaba USA currency exchange n credit nack up, then easier to launch Alipay platform thr.

Oni few Asia countries accepted Alipay at the moment...Alibaba wanna put up tis portfolio asap...which oso as much users as possible.

Instead of starting from ground to be like Amazon, Alibaba used another method, they noe they nid to secure 2 essential elements in order to survive in e-commerce biz, Payment & Logistic. Tats y Alibaba is one of the biggest shareholder at Singapore Post (Pos Malaysia in sg version) n oso Paytm (Alipay in India version)...

So if u say Alibaba wanna come venture to Malaysia, i totally agree, but by how they entry? Alibaba n Taobao is in internet form, n most chinese enterpreneur ady used it few years ago...

One is tru buying Pos Malaysia share b one of the substantial shareholder or major one (if drb willing to let go) n cut out abx, gdex, airpak n etc let pos malaysia be the sole logistic company to handle all alibaba/taobao goods from china to here....

2nd is coorperate vf pos malaysia, by launching Alipay tru post office, all the bill paying at post office accepting Alipay method, of cos...anything tat starts new must got bunch of freebie one, some discount or rebate or earn points when u paid postage fee, TNB, TM, Indah Water, Astro, Maxis, Cukai Tanah, Road tax n insurance, cukai pintu, hey man...even zakat wor...pls let me know wat bank can hv offer such wide range of bill payment?

U not into online buying?? Fine...but u sure u r not paying even 1 bill per month?
Actually...touch n go card, is really in very good position to start up tis payment method n they even link vf Maybank for auto debit system, i dunno wat tis company been doin?

But everything got its pro n con...i think if Alipay nid to venture into here, nid Bank Negara approval...

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-17 21:14 | Report Abuse

@人生几何,sorry for the long post, just my 2 cents, i might b wrong too.

Tis forum really shd allow us to attach picture, then will be nice, i can post a potato pic here...just like 9gag.

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-19 00:55 | Report Abuse

@人生几何...Dun like tis lor~i cant tell u to buy or not~u gotta make own call, is ur hard-earned money~

Pos is cash rich company, almost no debt/making profit & high growth now~ but got IB started said tis company share price over-valued~

Drb at the other hand, drag by Proton n making lost for few quarters d, on hand got few things to b their new catalyst....

1) Proton found FSP or the best is selling 50/51% stake to FSP, can immediately release DRB financial burden.

2) Bank Muamalat found buyer or goes for IPO to pare down stake from 70% to 30% as requested by BN which got extension several years. The market value of Muamalat shall be unleash if goes for IPO.

3) Pos Malaysia able to clinch deal vf Alibaba for Alipay or Pos can be Alibaba/Taobao sole distributor agent in Malaysia market.

4) CTRM's 257 units AV8 project worth multi billion awarded by defence ministry able to goes smoothly, tis project been delayed for some times, as suspected defence dept no budget to goes for it.

5) Development or disposal of land @ Tebrau, JB (584 acres with only RM18.5/sq.ft at book value), this land is highly under market value at least 8-12 times, but like most listed companies, this is a norm, and i dun think SM will have any plan on this land to benefit us at all~~

6) S.M de-listed DRB, this may happen, but i dun think is necessary for SM as his is the controlling share holder for DRB, and many issues/obstacles still nid to settle 1st for DRB.

To me, no.1,2&3 shall have outcome soon, no.4,5&6 as surprise element dunno when gonna happen~

There're more than 1000 listed companies @ bursa, worth to invest or not up to you.

Lk036

929 posts

Posted by Lk036 > 2017-03-19 01:08 | Report Abuse

How this link to Drb? If true Monday up?

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-19 01:21 | Report Abuse

Pos malaysia got sudden surge tis week without any news, but dropped b abit...DRB holds 53.5% pos share now.

No one knows whats deal between najib & jack ma yet.

Geely share dropped 10% on yesterday closing, whats fishy to me is the news below:-
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/03/17/ec-withdraws-approval-for-malakoffs-solar-power-plant/

“The appeal was made due to the fact that the land owner of the original land site in Tanjung Malim is no longer able to commit to lease the land for the duration of the project due to its ongoing corporate exercise.”

Proton city spread 4000 acres at Tjg Malim, n tis solar plant oni nids 200 acres land, dunno got related or not.

Use ur inspector sense & imagination to make ur own story, submission due date on Monday 9am.

Posted by helloworld123 > 2017-03-19 06:41 | Report Abuse

Ecommerce software will have to be rewritten in Bahasa Malayu and that will be fun or force the English version down Malaysians' throats!

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-19 14:12 | Report Abuse

Hi guys

What Pm Najib proposed in 2017 Budget Speech for DRB/POS will happen soon by next week

It is well purposed, planned & now put into practice

Airport ECommerce Hub of all places
Only DRB got 2 Cargo Planes which are injected into POS

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/03/19/jack-ma-to-launch-alibabas-regional-distribution-hub-in-malaysia/

pineapple123

2,472 posts

Posted by pineapple123 > 2017-03-19 14:27 | Report Abuse

Lazada belongs to Alibaba which HQ in Singapore. they are using skynet huge. how to use pos? (skynet lousy service) but skynet is expending

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-19 15:02 | Report Abuse

takashi86 Pos malaysia got sudden surge tis week without any news, but dropped b abit...DRB holds 53.5% pos share now.

No one knows whats deal between najib & jack ma yet.

Geely share dropped 10% on yesterday closing, whats fishy to me is the news below:-
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/03/17/ec-withdraws-approval-for-malakoffs-solar-power-plant/

“The appeal was made due to the fact that the land owner of the original land site in Tanjung Malim is no longer able to commit to lease the land for the duration of the project due to its ongoing corporate exercise.”

Proton city spread 4000 acres at Tjg Malim, n tis solar plant oni nids 200 acres land, dunno got related or not.

Use ur inspector sense & imagination to make ur own story, submission due date on Monday 9am.
19/03/2017 01:21

I think the answer is quite simple

When Solar plant was awarded to Malakof DRB was roped in because DRB has more than 1,272 acres of industrial lands in Tg Mailm.

They only needed 200 acres out of the 1,272 acres. So should be Ok. But something "unbeknown" has developed during the discussion between DRB & PSA/GEELY surfaced.

Could it be that they needed all of the 1,272 acres for expansion?

Or could DRB management deemed fit to reject the Solar Venture because it is not so worthwhile?

In any case a careful check with propery guru adverts show that lands in Proton City are advertised now for Rm46 psf. So 1,272 acres equal to a whopping Rm2.55 Billions.

2.55 BILLIONS?

That's Awesome Value just for this one piece of land in Tg Malim. And DRB has 9 other Prime Lands. POS has even more Prime lands.

See how people go GaGa over IWCity?

DRB/POS lands & Its True Value will Blow Your Minds Away!

pineapple123

2,472 posts

Posted by pineapple123 > 2017-03-19 21:09 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng, hard to compete with China on solar power. got land what is the point?

POS is standalone entity and it's business is considered the taiko of delivery in Msia. question is, will Jack ma use POS since already got skynet?

what has DRBH be linked with Jack Ma ahhhhhh??? pls explain

pineapple123

2,472 posts

Posted by pineapple123 > 2017-03-19 22:17 | Report Abuse

LTH 15/03/2017 Acquired 324,100

Posted by helloworld123 > 2017-03-20 08:26 | Report Abuse

DRBH is synonymous with Proton only. Not much to do with Jack Ma.

goldenluck16

1,955 posts

Posted by goldenluck16 > 2017-03-20 10:41 | Report Abuse

Today...trend reversal

6182al

Posted by 6182al > 2017-03-20 10:45 | Report Abuse

Please check your data

goldenluck16

1,955 posts

Posted by goldenluck16 > 2017-03-20 10:52 | Report Abuse

You check lo

goldenluck16

1,955 posts

Posted by goldenluck16 > 2017-03-20 10:56 | Report Abuse

6182...are you new here?

Woo John

552 posts

Posted by Woo John > 2017-03-20 11:00 | Report Abuse

DRB go.... show the world your strength.

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 11:10 | Report Abuse

How will Drb benefit from Pos jv with Jackma?

Look at it this way.

How does Malaysia benefit if Foreign Direct Investment enters Johor?

Why if you inject vitamin in the vein of your wrist the whole body will benefit? The answer is this. If you inject vitamin into your wrist the blood in your body will circulate to all parts of the body.

So Drb by virtue of its 53.5% share of Pos will also benefit for Pos price rise.

So if Pos can reach Rm10.00 Drb should also touch Rm5.00.

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 12:11 | Report Abuse

hi guys

DRB's Glenmarie land alone if Sold can settle all of DRB debt plus enough paying back Msia Govt loan of Rm1.5 billions

Let's take a look at this piece

Located in Glenmarie. Size is 1,489,836 sq meter.

Now convert sq meter to sg ft = 1,489,836 x 10.763

= 16,035,104

So DRB owns 16.035 million sq ft of Prime Freehold Lands in Glenmarie, Petaling Jaya

Now what is the current price of freehold lands psf in Glenmarie?

It is now Rm550 psf

https://www.iproperty.com.my/property/glenmarie-pj-kl-glenmarie-4228344#EyXrK5OdGJKuGCy0.97

So what is the Value if updated?

16,035,104 x Rm550

= Rm8,819,307,677.4

Read again:

IT'S RM8.8 BILLIONS

And there are 8 more pieces Calvin has yet to compute

I have invested in 30 properties over a 30 year period in Singapore & Malaysia.

And I think I do qualify to value lands & properties.

The Net Net Assets of all DRB Real Estates in Malaysia & also one Factory land in Norwich (Lotus Factory) are worth over Rm20 BILLIONS

REALLY MIND BLOWING!!

takashi86

747 posts

Posted by takashi86 > 2017-03-20 13:28 | Report Abuse

@Calvin, 10 years ago, when i was young n new, i bought a share named Dijaya, due to tis company has large landbank at PJ, prime land n next to golf course, but the book value b then only rm8/sq.ft!
Everynight, i help tis company observe pj land value, n counted how much is their true NTA, n how much im gonna gain~

Then i gave up after holding 2 years vf not much gain of cos, as the landbank still no chg in their book value. After another 3 years, they sudden re value the land, due to they r goin to develop n mortgage the land...price shot up, but is a long 5 years time, tis company belongs to Danny Tan, n the company name chg to Tropicana.

My point is thr r dozen of listed companies hv prime lands vf grandpa old time book value, some lands even worth 2 times of their share price if sell off, but bear in mind tat most of tis companies dun bother the land current market value, becos of two issue:

1) Their core biz is not real estate developer, which means their main income is from other sources, n land development not their focus at all, as tis field new huge team to support such as financial, legal issue, authorities paper works, marketing n etc. Unless they r planning to develop the land, or else, the land generate zero return to company, n to develop a land nid times. Of cos can sell off, but under current market sentiment, which company afford/able/wants to buy a huge parcel of land?

2) Why the lands own by the company worth so much but their book value is according to 20 years ago market value? Due to the Holding Cost, lets say u hv a land under agriculture, u might pay RM500/acres per annum for quit rent (cukai tanah)...but if u chg the land usage to commercial or industrial, u gonna pay at least 5k-25k/per acre, n if u subdivision the big parcel of land to individual titles, u gonna to pay extra for majlis assessment (cukai pintu) too, the increment of holding cost is scarry, so most company not keen for development to the land, just keep quiet n pray pejabat tanah wont go check n "taksir" their lands.

U might be right bout their lands' current value, n i oso might b wrong bout my points above.

All the best to all of us tat DRB shall fly high soon.

cinapeh

214 posts

Posted by cinapeh > 2017-03-20 13:48 | Report Abuse

GE 14 coming soon,they hv to goreng

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 13:51 | Report Abuse

takashi86,

I remember Dijaya Corp quite well. One day during a down market my remisier blurted out.

Dijaya = Dijatuh!!

Haha!

Those fellas in Kl got many funny names for shares.

Another example is

Sudatech

To Contonese speakers it sounds like

Suma tuck or everthing also can.

But to hakka it sounds like sume teik or everything falls down.

Hahaha!

Anyway, coming back to NTA I think it is only one aspect of the sum total

NTA can be a last resort in the margin of safety. I rather have a stock with high NTA than one with none.

Last week I visited the Show Office of UM LAND belonging to Syed Moktar.

I really salute the nice finishing. Even the washrooms got artistic design.

So with the expertise of Syed Moktar people the Rm20 billions assets might one day see some interesting developments.

And I also own one house in Bandar Sri Alam by UM LAND.

I bought the hse in year 2007 and sold it in 2014 for over 150% profit.

ckkhen

193 posts

Posted by ckkhen > 2017-03-20 14:02 | Report Abuse

Calvin,

Any comment on Dataprep? Thinking of jumping in at 0.58? Okay? Any alternative? DRB, Texchem?

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 14:12 | Report Abuse

ckkhen

I don't know about dataprep so I can't comment.

I got one rule to follow

HE THAT IS LOW NEEDS NO FEAR

In other words if you buy a share while price is low there is no fear of falling much. A high flying stock can retrace suddenly.

But now since we are in a bull run things might be different as market is in irrational exuberance. Syndicates are also very active.

As such dataprep might go up or down without fundamental.

As for me I think I will still stick with what I know best.

Regards

ckkhen

193 posts

Posted by ckkhen > 2017-03-20 14:14 | Report Abuse

Thanks, Calvin.

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 14:14 | Report Abuse

As for Drb JackMa is confirmed to launch E Commerce Free Trade Zone this coming Wednesday so I think there will be more movements for POS, DRB as well as all other logistic stocks

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 14:23 | Report Abuse

Texchem is an excellent overlooked value stocks. This is the best time to buy on weakness.
Reasons to buy are:

1) Coming soon is a 10 cts dividend. Another 5 cts special dividend could be expected as they got Cash from fumakilla disposal.

2) With the crash of ringgit inbound tourists from China and Singapore will spend more in over 100 Sushi King outlets.

3) Expansion of seafood production in Myanmar is a positive as cost is low.

4) Sushi King is still a growing company like ajinomoto and oldtown coffee. Next Sushi King expansion is Brunei and followed by other countries.

So just buy while cheap now.

Last round I told all to get some Media Prima at Rm1.07. Media price even gone down to Rm1.00 after that. But now Media has crossed Rm1.20 suddenly.

So I think when Mr Market sees good dividend from Texchem he might also go gaga.

JoshuaV

Posted by JoshuaV > 2017-03-20 15:36 | Report Abuse

Hey Calvin, any thoughts on DIALOG?

Ming Koay

308 posts

Posted by Ming Koay > 2017-03-20 16:15 | Report Abuse

calvin suddenly become popular =P

hng33

20,204 posts

Posted by hng33 > 2017-03-20 16:24 | Report Abuse

bought DRB at 1.39

56,197 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-03-20 16:30 | Report Abuse

JoshuaV Hey Calvin, any thoughts on DIALOG?
20/03/2017 15:36

Joshua,

I bought Dialogue years back at 60 cts & sold too early. After that it ran away to Rm1.60.

Now I think too high to chase as both KWAP & EPF are disposing.

However, dialogue should get some support due to the ongoing boom in RAPID of Pengerang.

For now the Focus is on DRB/POS as only 2 more days away JackMa will launch E Digital Free Trade Zone.

Ming Koay

308 posts

Posted by Ming Koay > 2017-03-20 16:31 | Report Abuse

puc shooting very high as well

Woo John

552 posts

Posted by Woo John > 2017-03-20 16:40 | Report Abuse

getting interesting as hng33 join in the fun too...... guess drb is on for good gap up